Should No Mither get buffed or reworked?
No Mither is an interesting perk to me in concept but you just give up sooo much for so little. I was wondering if people think it needs changed at all.
Id personally want to add a big bloodpoint bonus with it for people who survive with it since its basically hard mode with minimal benefits. I think it would encourage people to try it more and would make the sacrifices it demands much more worth it.
Comments
Rework... you put your whole team in danger with this perk. No perk should work like this.
It's just a poorly designed perk that has no proper use outside of using it for the memes. Hopefully it'll get a rework soon.
Monstrous shrine feels like the killer equivalent to me. Id love for both to be revisited and made worth using (although monstrous shrine has slightly more use)
No Mither is probably the most one-sided survivor perk in the game, with the risk being high and the reward being little.
I honestly don't think there's much they can buff to make it even slightly better, so I personally would prefer an entire rework.
No Mither does not need a Rework IMO. It is meant to be a hard-mode.
What I would buff:
I'm with ya on that bloodpoint bonus. Run it with WGLF & we'll be getting as many points as a killer usually does.
I think it would be great if they added +25% bloodpoint gained on this.
We dont want greedy players using this but we want those who wanna challenge themselves to take it.
I feel like it could be an interesting perk, maybe it could do with protection hits or something idk but I think it can definitely be changed to be a useful perk. It should definitely encourage altruism in some way that rewards you.
At least make the grunts reduced by 100. Still, starting with 1 hitpoint is such a big drawback it needs so much more to make it worth it.
It needs a full rework. A number change really can't make the perk good.
The only thing I would add to it is making it give you a massive BP bonus if you manage to escape with it. Like multiplying your BP by 300%.
It's a challenge perk, it's not supposed to be good.
laughs in broken
This one feels like a difficult question. I think when they designed the perk they wanted it to sorta be like "Hard Mode" for the survivors if they chose to run the perk. However, it does feel like it's missing SOMETHING to make it feel complete. I think a rework could give it that something it's missing and possibly make it better.
Just make it so that the survivor spawns full health, can't be healed but doesn't have the broken status. Suddenly it's a scary, repeatable anti-snowball perk that good killers will nevertheless see coming.
No Mither has lots of problems in its current form:
There are more but these are key. If the Perk were to be reworked it should do the following:
Can the Killer figure it out? Sure, but it at least lets the No Mither Player start the game with some mystery. It allows, for example, at least one surprise Dead Hard if the two Perks are in combination. When it boils right down to it, this Perk is "Unbreakable" with unlimited uses that you pay for by playing the game injured all match. The least they can do to make it useful is allow some level of mystery/cover that you have the Perk.
The only way I would *ever* consider trading away an entire health state permanently...
...is if I was rewarded an additional (4th) hook state, or given a reasonable condition of achieving some sort of Mettle-of-Man-esque hit-absorbing effect.
....or, just let us start the game healed, then when damaged we are broken the rest of the game as usual, and the broken status *not* be shared with the killer. --some don't like wasting 32 seconds between two people in order to heal, so it would just be business as usual for them, with some added merit to refusing heals. (Stealth & anti-slug)
I don't think it's really possible to make this perk truly fair. To be worth picking it would have to be buffed so much that I imagine it would be extremely annoying to face. If it wasn't buffed enough then it would still be a perk that is just a hinderance to the team. It needs a full rework in my opinion.
Instead of broken, you should be exposed all the time.
I think people have trouble understanding the purpose of this perk. It's not supposed to be good.
It's supposed to be a hard mode when you want extra challenge.
I would be fine if it had an extra blood point modifier however as a reward for the extra challenge. That would be reasonable.
If you're using this perk you're a liability for the entire team
Yeah I feel like this is my main desire for it
I unironically run No Mither as is quite a lot. Sometimes I also run it ironically with Self-Care or such. But honestly I think that without butchering the whole perk, the best idea would be to make it so that no one else in the game knows you have the perk. You wouldn't start injured but once you got injured, you would get the Broken status effect but as a kind of a secret. Since the biggest upside of No Mither is the ability to get up from the dying state as much as you're getting slugged no killer leaves you on the ground. If the killer doesn't know you have the perk, you'd actually get to use it sometimes. Another thing that you could do to change it a little is to up the percentages of how much the perk affects your grunts of pain to maybe even 100%. Or depending on what kind of a gameplay the devs implemented it for, you could maybe give it the kind of a effect Lightweight has on its own to make it more of a stealth perk. I've got lots of ideas for it but I'm afraid that a full rework is gonna completely butcher it cause I actually love the perk lol
The No Mither buff I want:
Do that and I think it's worth running. It'll be stealth mode but stealth is already weak in this game so it should be fine.