DBD should have an Indian Character! What do y’all think?

india is the second most populous country in the world! Accounting for 17% of the WORLD population, I think it’s only fair to ask for an Indian character next season.....hope dbd developers read this!

Comments

  • I see no reason not to and if not a killer than a survivor

    Edit it will take a while because they are probably allready working on another chapter

  • Absolutely, behavior should make that happen!

  • I’m still surprised a make character hasn’t been introduced that is around Kates size to be honest. Anyway I’m all for it. Big, small, transgender.. literally cool with whatever. As long as the voice actor is talented I’m happy to be completely honestly. Elodie/Cheryl for example.. voice actresses is amazing.

  • What would the killer from the chapter be? Maybe sonething from a prominent Bollywood horror film?

  • I don't need diversity and representation in my video games.

    That said I don't mind having Indian characters in DBD.

  • I see no reason not to have an Indian. However I don't feel lacking one is reason enough to add one. There's some word for it. Forced Diversity I think? If they're gonna do it make it work. Don't shoehorn it in here and make their <insert race, religion, gender> the only thing about them. Cause then it feels like you didn't even try. You just threw it in here to pander to someone.

  • Yeah sure! Let's go for it

  • All in favor say "aye"

    "AYE!"

  • Who knows maybe the next Survivor from Felix and Elodie's detective group could be of Indian descent. It seems like it's a pretty global secret society

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907098#Comment_1907098

    If lacking a character isn't a good enough reason to add one then what is?

    What about diversity makes it "forced"? If you don't think we should add an Indian character then just say that and go; don't hide behind false pretenses.

    Forced diversity

    when a director or author blatantly puts a minority into a story that makes no progression to the story, just to pander to SJWs

    I said nothing even hinting "I don't want an Indian character in here!" I said putting one in here just for the sake of saying "there, you got one" is bad. If you want an Indian person in DBD I ask that person has as much back story as everyone else. Make the character fit into the lore. Don't just throw an Indian in here and the only thing about this character is they are Indian.

    On a side note. Going out of your way to get a specific ethnic race, gender or religious person is discrimination itself. If your a company and during the hiring process you turn down applicants because you have too many of <insert race> that's discriminating.

    Wanting a <insert race> in a game is not enough. It has to fit in the game. This is why we get people bitching their aren't any black people in games that take place in Medieval Europe. Like Kingdom Come. Literally 99% of all people living in Europe around that time were Caucasian. That's why that's the only race you see in that kind of game. I recently binged watch a Korean series on Netflix called Sweet Home. It takes place in South Korea. I don't care that they're aren't any white people in the show. It makes perfect sense the only people in that show are Asian. When I watch a Marvel movie I don't complain that they're aren't any Mexicans living in Wakanda. It wouldn't make sense. Just because we don't have a particular race is not enough reason to add one. If I haven't made my point by now I don't know how else I can explain it.

    Story telling is more important than being politically correct.

  • Bollywood actor please!


    I'm sure India has some amazing folklore creatures as well!

  • They would have a lot of inspiration from hindu gods I'm not sure how that all will intertwine but I thought hindu was a prominent religion in India it's late and my brain doesn't work.

  • Now I want Dhalsim from Street Fighter as a Killer lol YOGA FLAME!!

  • Sure. The more diversity, the better.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    I don't need diversity and representation in my video games.

    That said I don't mind having Indian characters in DBD.

    Good thing video games aren’t just made for you! If you dont want diversity and representation in “your” videogames then go make your own! :)

  • They have already done a really good job on making a diverse character cast.

    but the next 3-4 chapters are already worked on and the characters are probably set as of now. And some of those are probably licensed.. Indian is also not the only ethnicity that is not present currently in the Entitys realm

  • Who cares. Just give me more

  • @Starr43 said:

    I’m still surprised a make character hasn’t been introduced that is around Kates size to be honest. Anyway I’m all for it. Big, small, transgender.. literally cool with whatever. As long as the voice actor is talented I’m happy to be completely honestly. Elodie/Cheryl for example.. voice actresses is amazing.

    Elodie is cool and all but her voice acting is absolutely horrendous, none of her screams or "moans" sound right, its kinda like a female Steve, over and under performed. Though Heather/ Cheryl's voice acting is probably the best in the entire game right now other than Ash " Bruce Campbell" both sold the screams and all other "sounds" perfectly.

  • Probably we'll have a chinese character first, but yea sure and Indian lad would be pretty nice

  • So hey, gonna throw this out here considering the fight happening.

    The issue here isn't that people are opposed to having a wide range of characters.

    The issue is threads like these are at best egotistical and at worst condescending/insulting. Does anyone here actually think someone is going to come in here argue the merits of racism and racial exclusions. Like... like really? Is that a thing y'all expecting on the dbd forum?

    So realistically it looks like an attempt for people to remind each other how progressive and diverse they think they are. The devs aren't living in some sterile bubble. They understand diversity exists. They understand there is a wide range of characters you can make.

    What IS a healthy way to discuss this? Bringing it up in appropriate ways such as surveys or open questions from behaviour. Here's a tip, mention it as a reminder like, "Hey, An Indian character would be cool!" As a response to an open tweet.

    For posts, rather than phrase it like the sterile witch hunt this thread comes off as why not talk and share ideas for characters and backgrounds. Positive conversation from a basis of understanding that the majority are at worst indiffierent and at best happily accepting to a more diverse roster makes for a better environment that fosters positivity.

    As a contrast to this threads title, consider how, "I've got some ideas for an Indian character in dbd, what do yall think, any suggestions/ideas?" Would come off.

    By stepping forward in a positive, inclusive title with a root in creativity it makes the post earnest. Conversely this thread comes off as sterile, unimaginative, and like your uncle is trying to figure out if you're secretly racist the same way he'd try and figure out if you smoke pot underage.

    Positivity, creativity, and open mindedness are the greatest tools for equality.

    Not benign gesturing to statistics and social guilt.

  • @Trashmaster Feng Min is Chinese...

  • @Dpooly said:

    @Trashmaster Feng Min is Chinese...

    Oh wait ######### I'm and idiot

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907098#Comment_1907098

    If lacking a character isn't a good enough reason to add one then what is?

    What about diversity makes it "forced"? If you don't think we should add an Indian character then just say that and go; don't hide behind false pretenses.

    The clue in the name "forced diversity" its forced onto people for no other reason than "because they indian" i want my character's to have depth not just to be cookie cutter like other games character's.

  • @rats00 said:

    So hey, gonna throw this out here considering the fight happening.

    The issue here isn't that people are opposed to having a wide range of characters.

    The issue is threads like these are at best egotistical and at worst condescending/insulting. Does anyone here actually think someone is going to come in here argue the merits of racism and racial exclusions. Like... like really? Is that a thing y'all expecting on the dbd forum?

    So realistically it looks like an attempt for people to remind each other how progressive and diverse they think they are. The devs aren't living in some sterile bubble. They understand diversity exists. They understand there is a wide range of characters you can make.

    What IS a healthy way to discuss this? Bringing it up in appropriate ways such as surveys or open questions from behaviour. Here's a tip, mention it as a reminder like, "Hey, An Indian character would be cool!" As a response to an open tweet.

    For posts, rather than phrase it like the sterile witch hunt this thread comes off as why not talk and share ideas for characters and backgrounds. Positive conversation from a basis of understanding that the majority are at worst indiffierent and at best happily accepting to a more diverse roster makes for a better environment that fosters positivity.

    As a contrast to this threads title, consider how, "I've got some ideas for an Indian character in dbd, what do yall think, any suggestions/ideas?" Would come off.

    By stepping forward in a positive, inclusive title with a root in creativity it makes the post earnest. Conversely this thread comes off as sterile, unimaginative, and like your uncle is trying to figure out if you're secretly racist the same way he'd try and figure out if you smoke pot underage.

    Positivity, creativity, and open mindedness are the greatest tools for equality.

    Not benign gesturing to statistics and social guilt.

    Agreed

  • I mean sure, why not?

  • It's not about population of countries, but who plays the game. How many % of the DBD players are from India? Do we have a Russian character? Because there seems to be a lot of russian players.

    I'm from Sweden and Nea Karlsson, that surname is very swedish so I'm happy with that lol.

  • Indias a big place. Makes sense.

    @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907119#Comment_1907119

    The clue in the name "forced diversity" its forced onto people for no other reason than "because they indian" i want my character's to have depth not just to be cookie cutter like Apex character's.

    "Forced diversity" is a false arguament. It always has been. If the designers want to make an indian charcater down the line to diversify the roster. That isn't forced. If we had an all black cast and suddenly a white character was added, would that be "forced diversity" in your opinion?

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Indias a big place. Makes sense.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907443#Comment_1907443

    "Forced diversity" is a false arguament. It always has been. If the designers want to make an indian charcater down the line to diversify the roster. That isn't forced. If we had an all black cast and suddenly a white character was added, would that be "forced diversity" in your opinion?

    Its Forced when the only reason for then being in the game is because of their race. I have no problem with adding them I just want characters that arent defined by they appearance/sex.

  • @DBD78 said:

    It's not about population of countries, but who plays the game. How many % of the DBD players are from India? Do we have a Russian character? Because there seems to be a lot of russian players.

    I'm from Sweden and Nea Karlsson, that surname is very swedish so I'm happy with that lol.

    It’s not only the surname, you can read the lore of Nea: She is from Sweden but her parents moved with her to the USA.



    @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907493#Comment_1907493

    Its Forced when the only reason for then being in the game is because of their race. I have no problem with adding them I just want characters that arent defined by they appearance/sex.

    good thing BHVR never made a character with only one single trait as their definition. There is no reason to assume they are going to start now.

  • @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907493#Comment_1907493

    Its Forced when the only reason for then being in the game is because of their race. I have no problem with adding them I just want characters that arent defined by they appearance/sex.

    Yes but how do you determine that? You aren't on the design team, by your logic every non-white character in the game at this point could potentially be "forced". There's significantly more non-white people in this world than white. Is it forced that over half our roster is white people?

    The only place outside of your post I've ever seen someone complain about "forced diversity" is when I used to browse /v/ on 4chan when I was a teenager.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907533#Comment_1907533

    Yes but how do you determine that? You aren't on the design team, by your logic every non-white character in the game at this point could potentially be "forced". There's significantly more non-white people in this world than white. Is it forced that over half our roster is white people?

    The only place outside of your post I've ever seen someone complain about "forced diversity" is when I used to browse /v/ on 4chan when I was a teenager.

    Its forced when thats their only defining trait, if any of the white characters where defined by their race then id argue that they are forced as well, luckily every character in the feeld they are unique and not just cookie cutter politcal statements. Which is sadly what some people want.

  • @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907548#Comment_1907548

    Its forced when thats their only defining trait, if any of the white characters where defined by their race then id argue that they are forced as well, luckily every character in the feeld they are unique and not just cookie cutter politcal statements. Which is sadly what some people want.

    Yes but why are you making this claim that they would be? There isn't a single character "defined by their race" in DBD currently, and I don't think I've ever played a game where thats the case outside of aliens in Mass Effect. It's complaining for the sake of complaining.

    Is one of the designers saying "hey, why don't we make the next guy/gal come from India" forced in your opinion? Even if it doesn't define their story or character? It's the same excuse people use when a gay character is added to a game they like.

    Remember how upset people got about Hammerlock being confirmed gay in Borderlands 2 DLC? He was already an existing, defined character so it didn't take anything away from him or change his existing personality. And his sexuality was never hinted at before, straight or otherwise. Yet people threw a FIT and called it "forced diversity".

    It's on the same level as "we can't let trans people in bathrooms, they're pervs" even though there are no recorded cases of actual trans people doing this. It's a tactic used to rile up idiots and get angry over nothing.

  • @Trashmaster said:

    Probably we'll have a chinese character first, but yea sure and Indian lad would be pretty nice

    Feng Min is Chinese.

  • Who cares about the race anyway?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907365#Comment_1907365

    You're reading so far into this in an attempt to dismiss this post as a "witch hunt" based upon "social guilt". The differences between "DbD should have an Indian Character!" (the thread's actual title) and "An Indian character would be cool!" (your proposed title) is negligible. They both communicate exactly the same message - a desire for an Indian character in the game.

    Nothing about this post was a criticism of the developers or a probing of the community to see who will "argue the merits of racism". Here, you've jumped to the conclusion that the post's intention was to start controversy with absolutely no evidence. The original poster didn't say "I want an Indian character and if you disagree you're racist". They simply stated that Dead by Daylight should include an Indian character. You seem to have constructed this narrative from absolutely nowhere.

    Also, I think you massively underestimate the amount of racism, homophobia, sexism etc people encounter in gaming spaces such as the DbD forums. Do you remember when the developers said they were going to add an LGBTQ+ character and there was a massive outcry on social media (including the forums)? The truth is that the majority are not indifferent to matters such as this. It may be your experience but it certainly isn't mine.

    Hey there! You seem to want to make a comment but from your first paragraph I don't think you actually read my post. Please do read it if you'd like to comment! Have a great day! No skimming kay.

  • @trokx said:

    india is the second most populous country in the world! Accounting for 17% of the WORLD population, I think it’s only fair to ask for an Indian character next season.....hope dbd developers read this!

    And if they do I’m not tryna be racist it just fits. An arab survivor and a mummy killer lol. His tunics would be some dope cosmetics

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1908493#Comment_1908493

    Hey there! I read your post multiple times before writing my original comment and even referenced things you wrote further down in your post so it seems you're the one who hasn't done the reading. /hj

    I have no idea how you intended this message to sound but it comes across as rude and dismissive. Have a nice day, 'kay!

    I'm sorry but you didn't read my post multiple times, which is why I said what I said.

    This is an important topic. I've long learned not to talk to people on these issues with someone who merely wants to lash out and be right. I'm not going to respond to you past this point as you have really just shown you want me to be a surrogate.

    I honestly do hope you have a good day. As much as you think I am this person you think I am, I'm not.

    Stay safe, stay healthy. Please have a good day.

  • personally i don't care much for race of survivors but race of killers usually will affect what they are based on.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907119#Comment_1907119

    Forced diversity

    when a director or author blatantly puts a minority into a story that makes no progression to the story, just to pander to SJWs

    I said nothing even hinting "I don't want an Indian character in here!" I said putting one in here just for the sake of saying "there, you got one" is bad. If you want an Indian person in DBD I ask that person has as much back story as everyone else. Make the character fit into the lore. Don't just throw an Indian in here and the only thing about this character is they are Indian.

    On a side note. Going out of your way to get a specific ethnic race, gender or religious person is discrimination itself. If your a company and during the hiring process you turn down applicants because you have too many of <insert race> that's discriminating.

    Wanting a <insert race> in a game is not enough. It has to fit in the game. This is why we get people bitching their aren't any black people in games that take place in Medieval Europe. Like Kingdom Come. Literally 99% of all people living in Europe around that time were Caucasian. That's why that's the only race you see in that kind of game. I recently binged watch a Korean series on Netflix called Sweet Home. It takes place in South Korea. I don't care that they're aren't any white people in the show. It makes perfect sense the only people in that show are Asian. When I watch a Marvel movie I don't complain that they're aren't any Mexicans living in Wakanda. It wouldn't make sense. Just because we don't have a particular race is not enough reason to add one. If I haven't made my point by now I don't know how else I can explain it.

    Story telling is more important than being politically correct.

    Lol no one is complaining, no ones a SJW, simply would like to see an Indian character bc it would be interesting dude. How to incorporate one, what perks, not about forcing diversity, simply saying an Indian character would be cool. I’m Indian so I’d like to see what behavior would do with that

  • idk why diversity's such a cursed topic on the forums, whenever BHVR drops a new poc survivor it's not like a billion threads pop up demanding their deletion. starting to think people here hate the IDEA more than the actual implementation cuz it's the exact same reaction whenever LGBTQ+ rep is mentioned. an indian character would be a lovely addition, i hope the devs take notice. ✌

  • https://imgur.com/a/YIQ06JQ

    Both Felix and Blight were taken by the entity in India