They have done it. Clown power officially helps survivors

I live to see the day.

A Killer power that actually increases the speed of survivors.

Enjoy.

Comments

  • @Mozzie said:

    I bet you guys are going to remove the Solvent Jug, aren't you? I feel like a nasty trade is going to be made here....

    Solvent Jug and Pinky Finger were never going to survive a rework, so yes. I'm worried the bottle of chloroform and the ether ones will be nerfed/changed as well.

  • @LiunUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858503#Comment_1858503

    would i be correct in thinking that the speed boost will increase the clowns lunge range?

    I believe so, don't quote me on it because I'm still checking that with the designers, but yes as far as I'm aware it does.

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    But then you have to reload before you start a chase, making the mobility part kinda pointless.

  • Get around the map better as Clown? I'll have a 3 second reload.. That doesn't make too much sense.

  • He was so powerful before in chase. Instant reloads now means he can spam bottles almost all the time now with no penalty to poor use of the bottles. Bad clowns have been pampered. And high mobility on top of it all when playing in his own gas! A bad clown can win a majority of undeserved games now. Similiar to the new bubba that doesn't care when he starts his saw because he knows it can last for an eternity.

    3 second reload needs to go back to 5.

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    Sounds interesting, can't wait to check it out!

  • I love it.

    "Afterpiece antidote gives the clown a speed boost, survivors can also get a speed boost if they take the time to get into the gas so use it creati-"

    "KILLER POWER HELPS SURVIVORS, IDIOT DEVS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING, TRASH TEAM SURVIVOR BIAS DJKFHSDFHSAHDKFHAHDHFLKA"

  • @Sluzzy said:

    He was so powerful before in chase. Instant reloads now means he can spam bottles almost all the time now with no penalty to poor use of the bottles. Bad clowns have been pampered. And high mobility on top of it all when playing in his own gas! A bad clown can win a majority of undeserved games now. Similiar to the new bubba that doesn't care when he starts his saw because he knows it can last for an eternity.

    3 second reload needs to go back to 5.

    Clown is powerful in chase?

    Ehhh.. Was he though?

  • My knee-jerk reaction is that this Clown change is some awkward cruft, and it should have been a more straightforward redesign rather than what currently appears to me as some weird random layers of complication. But, I'm certainly willing to give it a try, maybe I'm wrong.

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    I see what you mean, but a survivor, given the speed boost first will give decrease amount of time to move to a safer area, and that, I believe, is of major concern. I think that instead of giving the survivor a speed boost, that the antidote should relieve the survivor of the afterpiece tonics effect, and only give the Clown a speed boost.

  • Man, I'm far from being a Top Tier Player. I'm a simple man: I see Speedy Clown, I pee my pants. Nothing says "horror game" like a potbellied psychopath in pajamas barrelling towards me at 90mph. Can't wait to put the fear of God the Entity into survivors, either.

    My kneejerk reaction was also "what the hell is this?", but I'm looking forward to trying these changes firsthand.

  • Let's not jump to conclusions yet. Remember when Slinger came out everyone said that he would be trash? The bottles can be used strategically in order to bait or speed up the clown himself. We need to see it on the PTB before we start complaining.

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    Also you can distract killer with pallet drop, but nobody does it because how inefficient that is. Clown change sounds VERY controversial but will see

  • @Sluzzy said:

    He was so powerful before in chase. Instant reloads now means he can spam bottles almost all the time now with no penalty to poor use of the bottles. Bad clowns have been pampered. And high mobility on top of it all when playing in his own gas! A bad clown can win a majority of undeserved games now. Similiar to the new bubba that doesn't care when he starts his saw because he knows it can last for an eternity.

    3 second reload needs to go back to 5.

    Are you really complaining about clown, of all killers?

    You haven't even gone against the changes yet, you can't rightly complain about a change you haven't gone against.

    But jesus, clown? Really?

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    how is 3 seconds of 10% movement speed supposed to help you get across the map?

  • Bro i can't even take this "buff" or "rework" seriously lmao. Over a year of waiting and here i thought they were gonna do something special like a second power maybe having traps similar to caustic from apex legends be placed around the map or loops but nah we just get the bottles that make both sides quicker might as well make bottles to speed up gen speeds but seriously this is just disappointing imo. While the reload speed is better i wonder if they touched or nerfed the reload or exhaustion add ons. Were gonna have to see how it works in a real game right now it sounds bad and shows laziness tbh.

  • Clown will be what he used to be - a ######### Clown. Enjoy, all you people who asked for adding a "scary killer clown" to the game.

  • Is there any chance you guys are considering reducing the amount Clown is slowed while reloading his bottles?

  • So does that mean you throw it at them and it does nothing unless you walk through it?

  • I want to know if I throw it at the ground on a downed survivor- will they crawl faster too?

  • Now killer power, should EVER be a boost fir survivors. Im not a clown player, i admit that i played him once, wasnt impressed and left. But no ability should flat out buff the opposing team.

  • @Zayn said:

    Let's not jump to conclusions yet. Remember when Slinger came out everyone said that he would be trash? The bottles can be used strategically in order to bait or speed up the clown himself. We need to see it on the PTB before we start complaining.

    I feel that Baiting survivors into running to a yellow smoke is the same thing as baiting killers into opening lockers you used Deception on.

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    Now killer power, should EVER be a boost fir survivors. Im not a clown player, i admit that i played him once, wasnt impressed and left. But no ability should flat out buff the opposing team.

    You have Plague on your avatar. Her ability lets survivors to heal themself in 6 seconds.

  • I find it funny that an easy to defend topic like this, gets dev replies where it's easy to reply or counterpoint.

    However the threads with valid points about undying changes and other things....dead silence from them.

    Yet anytime someone says some drastic over reaction full of incorrect assertions like "__ ruins the game entirely nothing we can do everything bad!" devs are there in a heartbeat.

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    Yeah, it does a good job of increasing the skill ceiling and opens doors for well performing clowns. But can also punish them for mistakes. It should make playing clown more interesting. I like that you guys didn't make antidotes necessary, because people can stick to regular afterpiece tonics if they don't want to take the risk.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858461#Comment_1858461

    Yeah, it does a good job of increasing the skill ceiling and opens doors for well performing clowns. But can also punish them for mistakes. It should make playing clown more interesting. I like that you guys didn't make antidotes necessary, because people can stick to regular afterpiece tonics if they don't want to take the risk.

    Just being able to 10% move yourself across a map anyways is a huge buff- even if you never use it outside of that. Saving 10% of like almost all the time in the match is still great.

  • The change is great. You just throw the bottle slightly in front of you and get 10% ms. You get a hit on the survivor anyway and you can still slow him down with the other tonic. Now combine that with save the best for last, you can get 2 hits in pretty quickly.

  • @chieften333 said:

    I thought it would have a damage type thing where it could give deep wounds... but this?

    What were they thinking?

    Yea I legitimately thought I misread what they wrote. I definitely thought it would end up being a damage over time similar to the plague. Ah well time will tell how he works out and feels.

  • If both the killer and survivor are 10% faster... than you might as well be 0% faster.

    No distance is gained, it's just both of you moving at a higher speed together. Seems pointless imo, but we'll see in the ptb.

  • on paper, I love this change.

    I just hope the visual indication on which bottle you have equipped is evident enough (I mean, before throwing the bottle), or dramah will ensue very quickly :P

  • @Nobsyde said:

    on paper, I love this change.

    I just hope the visual indication on which bottle you have equipped is evident enough (I mean, before throwing the bottle), or dramah will ensue very quickly :P

    There are some VFX in the lower left corner to tell you which one you have equipped.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860302#Comment_1860302

    Just being able to 10% move yourself across a map anyways is a huge buff- even if you never use it outside of that. Saving 10% of like almost all the time in the match is still great.

    The afterpiece tonic and antidote share the same resource of 4 bottles (at default).

    Also,it barely does anything

    Let's say you want to travel 80m.

    Without antidote (4,6 m/s) = 17,4 seconds

    With antidote (5,06 m/s) = 15,8 seconds

    That is only a difference of 1,6 seconds,but then you also have to reload so it's pretty much useless for mobility

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860568#Comment_1860568

    There are some VFX in the lower left corner to tell you which one you have equipped.

    yeah I just saw the video - at first I only read the Dev post, seems evident enough, good job!


    I have a couple of questions, regarding the interaction between the antidote and the toxin.

    in the post it is said that if the two gases collide, they will neutralise each other, while in the video it is said that if you get intoxicated by the toxic gas you remove that effect [that being... the antidote?]. Assuming they are two different mechanics:

    • if two gas clouds touch each other, the whole ensemble will be neutralised, or just the intersection? (also, will the gas cloud become grey?)
    • if a survivor walks in both an antidote and a toxic cloud at different times, the two effects neutralise each other or is it a transient neutralisation (from the video, I see a timer in both status effects, and they don't seem to be synchronised)?
    • if the killer walks in a toxic cloud while he is affected by the antidote, will the speed boost be neutralised as well?
  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860369#Comment_1860369

    The afterpiece tonic and antidote share the same resource of 4 bottles (at default).

    Also,it barely does anything

    Let's say you want to travel 80m.

    Without antidote (4,6 m/s) = 17,4 seconds

    With antidote (5,06 m/s) = 15,8 seconds

    That is only a difference of 1,6 seconds,but then you also have to reload so it's pretty much useless for mobility

    That is actually quite a bit.

    The bigger problem is that it does nothing to the current counterplay of clown which is just throwing pallet early and keep on going.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860369#Comment_1860369

    The afterpiece tonic and antidote share the same resource of 4 bottles (at default).

    Also,it barely does anything

    Let's say you want to travel 80m.

    Without antidote (4,6 m/s) = 17,4 seconds

    With antidote (5,06 m/s) = 15,8 seconds

    That is only a difference of 1,6 seconds,but then you also have to reload so it's pretty much useless for mobility

    I mean, every second count in DbD, I wouldn't say it barely does anything mobility wise. And the fact that you need to reload, well.. it's resource management (which is currently lacking for Freddy, for example, and that's why he sucks to go against, imho).

    Obviously it's not Hillbilly, but I'm honestly very excited to try this out.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    He was so powerful before in chase. Instant reloads now means he can spam bottles almost all the time now with no penalty to poor use of the bottles. Bad clowns have been pampered. And high mobility on top of it all when playing in his own gas! A bad clown can win a majority of undeserved games now. Similiar to the new bubba that doesn't care when he starts his saw because he knows it can last for an eternity.

    3 second reload needs to go back to 5.

    ill take the bait so nobody else takes it.

  • Thanks to the devs posting here. Community interaction is often an odious task and I'm glad you commit to it even when we don't see eye to eye.


    As far as the topic goes: the update isn't even out? I know I'm waiting to try it out before I form an opinion. My gut feeling is that I'll just use the speedy bottles to get to gens faster rather than any fancy mindgame stuff.

  • @Mandy said:

    It doesn't just increase the speed of the suvivors, it increases the speed of any player affected by that gas - so for one it's a great way of crossing the map as the Clown, it can also be used skillfully in chases, it can be used to try to bait a survivor to go where you want them to go for example.

    Why would a survivor intentionally run to a yellow cloud if they are aware it could be bait? How is that "strategy" ever going to work after maybe a week? I just don't see it.

    "Hey survivor, go over there, you want that speed boost"

    "I think I like this god pallet more"

    so nothing of any real benefit was changed vs good survivors

  • @bingbongboi90 said:

    I think the best change for clown isnt the new bottles but the reload speed being reduced.

    they could've made that change years ago, didn't need to wait until he got "rework" to decrease reload speed

  • Using the bottles for mobility sounds like it won't work very well.

    Example:

    1. Throw bottles to get across map faster.

    2. Ok, you got to a gen a little faster and found survivors, but now you need to reload your bottles, so they get a head start while you're doing that.

    You don't actually save any time.

  • I wouldn't say this update made Clown worse or gave him an useless tool. The antidote should be useful for antiloop but the thing is: Clown already has a decent antiloop. What always made Clown a weak killer is the lack of any kind of map pressure. You could argue that having more speed would help him cross the map faster, but I say is almost insignificant. 10% extra ms is two stacks of Play With Your Food which kinda of helps in a chase but when you are crossing a map like Mother's Dwelling it doesn't help much. This update helps but wasn't what Clown needed. He may go from F tier to C tier, but it still far away from being viable at the highest level. We will see when it comes live.

  • I'll be interested to see how it goes on the PTB, but my immediate reaction is that this is weird. Why not just give the Clown a yellow gas cloud that only makes him go fast? Or why not make it so the Clown goes fast in the purple gas clouds and not have a yellow one at all?

    I don't know why buffing the survivors needs to be a component of this power, but, if that was tested, and there's a reason, I'd be curious to know.

  • I’m happy with clowns rework he’s to much of a troll killer rn

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860235#Comment_1860235

    You have Plague on your avatar. Her ability lets survivors to heal themself in 6 seconds.

    Yes, if they are sick they can cleanse the sickness, in return she gets a ranged damaging blurgh attack. Clown git a bottle that simoly gives movespeed to anyone going through it

  • At worst this increases his map mobility. That alone makes him B tier due to how quickly he can cross the map (125% speeds). If played correctly you'll be moving at 125% during chases which is extremely good.

  • I highly doubt the "lure them to the dead zone" trick is gonna work. We already know the tactic and it's not even released yet...

  • @JasonS said:

    I don't know why it needs to help survivors. Slowing down the survivor by 15% is better than speeding yourself up by 10%, so I don't know why you'd ever use the yellow gas in a loop.

    Not that I particularly care because this is still obviously going to be a buff, I just don't understand the logic.

    That's what I'm thinking. You will only use it for map mobility but looping will be the same as always w/ a faster reload.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858637#Comment_1858637

    Every time a change is made to killer someone always says this, then we try it and find out we were right all along. We don't need to wait. We can take educated guesses on what's happened in the past. We've seen the addon changes they've done to killers. They suck. Have you noticed that most of the new addons for the new killers are pretty terrible? Mostly every killer rework that gets an addon pass is worse than it was before? I think Clown's addons are going to get gutted. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I think Solvent Jug is getting nerfed as well as Pinky's, possibly even bleach.

    But when you say Educated Guess, what are you basing this guess on?

    Are you also a seasoned Clown main that holds his own in red ranks?

    I’ve played Clown since the release of Curtain Call, and all I can see is just how much more impossible it will be for survivors to avoid hits at loops when a tonic cloud is in the correct place and an antidote cloud is in the right place for Clown to speed up at the exact moment survivors are hindered.

    But this is also going to dramatically increase his difficulty skill cap. Players that couldn’t wrap their head around how to end chases super fast with Clown now, are not going to do any better figuring out how to combo his existing tonic with the new antidote.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858666#Comment_1858666

    But when you say Educated Guess, what are you basing this guess on?

    Are you also a seasoned Clown main that holds his own in red ranks?

    I’ve played Clown since the release of Curtain Call, and all I can see is just how much more impossible it will be for survivors to avoid hits at loops when a tonic cloud is in the correct place and an antidote cloud is in the right place for Clown to speed up at the exact moment survivors are hindered.

    But this is also going to dramatically increase his difficulty skill cap. Players that couldn’t wrap their head around how to end chases super fast with Clown now, are not going to do any better figuring out how to combo his existing tonic with the new antidote.

    While I'm glad that Clown's mechanics haven't been dumbed down and he'll still be a challenging killer to play, making him more accessible would have been nice as well. Maybe we can't have both without fundamentally changing the way Clown works. I'm curious to see what kind of new add-ons there will be, possibly some that affect the antidote in some way.

1 2 3