They have done it. Clown power officially helps survivors

I live to see the day.

A Killer power that actually increases the speed of survivors.

Enjoy.

Comments

  • @CashelP14 said:

    At worst this increases his map mobility. That alone makes him B tier due to how quickly he can cross the map (125% speeds). If played correctly you'll be moving at 125% during chases which is extremely good.

    Ok you get a 10% speed bost four times that takes you to gens 1-2 seconds faster? And then you are out of bottles..

  • i like this change ! Clown will now be skill based and with the reload speed buffed you'll actually be able to real fast to protect a gen for example ! Also if i read it well if a survivor goes throught 2 yellow smokes he will go 20% faster right ? So does that means also 20% reduce speed if he goes throught 2 purple smoke ?

  • I'm pretty happy, not only is it Clown mobility, but also a new way to skillfully use the clown, place the bottles right and with perfect timing and you'll probably help yourself much more than the survivor.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858479#Comment_1858479

    They share the same resource. Reloading gives you four bottles by default of any combination you'd like.

    One way you might want to use them, for example, is by throwing an antidote as your approaching the loop, then switching the tonics. That way you get a speed boost from the gas that's too far away for the survivor to run back and get, and then have your usual bottles to slow them down some more.

    If the LCtrl changes which tonic you use, how can you pick the combinations of reloads? If the button that formerly executed reloads has been repurposed, and it just happens automatically when you're at zero, then wouldn't it just reload whatever tonic you're currently using? Why not just give four of each that reload completely during the animation so you can EXPEND them in any order? This seems like a control scheme/UI/logistics nightmare, and that's not even getting into the fact that any speed boost perk a survivor brings gives a benefit 300% higher for the Survivor than the clown could ever muster (and believe me, I checked the numbers twice just to be sure)?


    I've got significant questions about your utilization of the data you crunch and the kind of solutions you implement, for whom and when, and if you just engage in the raw utilitarianism of 4 survivors is more than 1 killer, therefore you always need to rush to nerf the killers, and drag your heels on nerfing survivors. If I combed through the data of four years and came to you with a 70/30 killer/survivor power reduction change ratio, would THAT convince you?

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1861557#Comment_1861557

    Ok you get a 10% speed bost four times that takes you to gens 1-2 seconds faster? And then you are out of bottles..

    With reloading speed being decreased from 5 to 3 seconds I believe. I'd say it saves a lot more than just 1-2 seconds but I'm not certain.

  • wrong post sorry edit later

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858666#Comment_1858666

    But when you say Educated Guess, what are you basing this guess on?

    Are you also a seasoned Clown main that holds his own in red ranks?

    I’ve played Clown since the release of Curtain Call, and all I can see is just how much more impossible it will be for survivors to avoid hits at loops when a tonic cloud is in the correct place and an antidote cloud is in the right place for Clown to speed up at the exact moment survivors are hindered.

    But this is also going to dramatically increase his difficulty skill cap. Players that couldn’t wrap their head around how to end chases super fast with Clown now, are not going to do any better figuring out how to combo his existing tonic with the new antidote.

    Called it. It's very easy to understand BE when you've been focusing on their update path for over 4 years. I haven't played the PTB, as they have ingeniously decided to run a blood hunt concurrently with it, and I've taken time away from the game and haven't determined if it's still worth my time playing. Looking over the changes it appears that they sucked a lot of fun his addons. The biggest was solvent, as I expected. Cigar box got an interesting change, not sure I understand why they felt compelled to remove bluriness and expansion area effects though. Would have rather they made this addon to replace middle finger. Bleach remains untouched, which is a good thing. I can't tell how much, if any, pinky's was nerfed. But there is definitely a verbiage change there for some reason.

    Thankfully they didn't pounce on all of his addons but it appears the changes were pretty lackluster in the new power.

  • Pretty much everyone with experience of Clown agrees this is mostly a pointless change and does little to address the underlying issues with Clown. BHVR is going to ignore all feedback and leave him like this for the rest of the games lifespan.

    I wouldn't mind working at BHVR. I bet they get paid a fair whack in salary and you're never held to account for negative customer feedback.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858518#Comment_1858518

    So don’t use the speed bottles? He’ll be the same Clown as now except with a faster reload. You can even just use the speed bottles at the start of the match to get to an early Discordance proc faster and never use them again, if you want.

    Not sure why people complain about a change that they’re not forced to use. This is an ideal rework - Clown works exactly the same way if you want, or you can try using the new aspect of his power. Far from an incompetent change.

    Because Clown was not a very good or efficient killers with a number of problems and a shorter reload does not fix that. Nobody asked them to change his power entirely, people just wanted something more useful.

    Freddy and doctor both got significant improvements. Clown did not.

  • @Theninjajesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858503#Comment_1858503

    If the LCtrl changes which tonic you use, how can you pick the combinations of reloads? If the button that formerly executed reloads has been repurposed, and it just happens automatically when you're at zero, then wouldn't it just reload whatever tonic you're currently using? Why not just give four of each that reload completely during the animation so you can EXPEND them in any order? This seems like a control scheme/UI/logistics nightmare, and that's not even getting into the fact that any speed boost perk a survivor brings gives a benefit 300% higher for the Survivor than the clown could ever muster (and believe me, I checked the numbers twice just to be sure)?

    I've got significant questions about your utilization of the data you crunch and the kind of solutions you implement, for whom and when, and if you just engage in the raw utilitarianism of 4 survivors is more than 1 killer, therefore you always need to rush to nerf the killers, and drag your heels on nerfing survivors. If I combed through the data of four years and came to you with a 70/30 killer/survivor power reduction change ratio, would THAT convince you?

    Your 4 bottles are both antidotes and tonics. Like you have 4 bottles period and throwing tonics/antidotes consumes 1 bottle.

1 2 3 ›