The amount of hate this game generates

Start.jpg Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg Final.jpg ACTUAL Comments.jpg

I never understood why this game brings out the worst in some people. I get the game is stressful, but saying all of this over a video game is just so mean and honestly kinda sad. Its probably just a bad day mixed with a bad situation, but there's no excuse for death threats and homophobic slurs. They said worse stuff but I'm not too sure what is or isn't allowed to be posted here so I just posted the tame stuff.

To sum the game up: I hooked someone in the first 15 seconds, I turn around and see someone trying to blend in with the corn thats 8 feet in front of me with the new froggie suit and downed them instantly, I look over at the hook while my chainsaw is finishing revving and the third survivor literally runs besides me to run to the hook, I down her and the last guy just sits on bones and lets her team die. Sure it sucks when games end fast over teammates not playing smart, but that's hardly the killers fault.

Is there anyway to report these guys directly to someone? Or is the in-game report the only way?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801593#Comment_1801593

    Than there's no complaint to be made. If devs made rules, and it's violated, and they ban ppl they deem bannable, than that's the end of the conversation.

    That's what the conversation is about, yes. I'm glad you're on board for banning all these #########.

  • Sorry you had to deal with this.

    I blame this on all the participation trophies we give out to kids now. No one can take a loss anymore, or ownership of their own misplays.

    Please to everyone out there, have some class and lose with dignity.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801599#Comment_1801599

    That's what the conversation is about, yes. I'm glad you're on board for banning all these #########.

    No one is banning them becuz u want them to be banned. That's the argument that's been going on. Don't say devs made rules when really, ur making up rules as u go.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801602#Comment_1801602

    No one is banning them becuz u want them to be banned. That's the argument that's been going on. Don't say devs made rules when really, ur making up rules as u go.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

  • And this just goes back to what I said earlier. If the devs feel like they want to ban someone, they will. All u can do is report them. That's the end of the conversation.


    Why are u going in circles here?


    I'm a #########, ur going to ban me?

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801620#Comment_1801620

    And this just goes back to what I said earlier. If the devs feel like they want to ban someone, they will. All u can do is report them. That's the end of the conversation.

    Why are u going in circles here?

    I'm a #########, ur going to ban me?

    You claimed I was making up rules and wanted people banned for those rules I had supposedly made up. I proved you wrong by linking to the rules written by the devs. Now you're trying to shift the narrative.

    I'm not going to ban anyone, I don't have that ability.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801642#Comment_1801642

    You claimed I was making up rules and wanted people banned for those rules I had supposedly made up. I proved you wrong by linking to the rules written by the devs. Now you're trying to shift the narrative.

    I'm not going to ban anyone, I don't have that ability.

    What rule are u referring to specifically? U were talking about rules in general, when I put u on the spotlight, u put it on the devs and say that they made the rules. I said than that's the end of the conversation, than u said I am agreeing w u that these [bad words] should be banned. It seems like there are 2 set of rules and ur blending urself w the devs to fit YOUR narrative.


    I'm not trying to shift anything.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801651#Comment_1801651

    What rule are u referring to specifically? U were talking about rules in general, when I put u on the spotlight, u put it on the devs and say that they made the rules. I said than that's the end of the conversation, than u said I am agreeing w u that these [bad words] should be banned. It seems like there are 2 set of rules and ur blending urself w the devs to fit YOUR narrative.

    I'm not trying to shift anything.

    The rule about not sending death threats. Literally just read them, that's why I linked you to them. The only rules I've been talking about all this time have been the real rules, the ones defined by the developers.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801654#Comment_1801654

    The rule about not sending death threats. Literally just read them, that's why I linked you to them. The only rules I've been talking about all this time have been the real rules, the ones defined by the developers.

    I'm pretty the rule u mentioned earlier was about banning [bad words]. I myself is a [bad words], I've never been banned despite ppl telling me they reported me.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801583#Comment_1801583

    Becuz u got owned by 1 of my previous comment and decided to hop on a conversation I'm having w someone else.

    No because you are literally trolling and you are wasting my time

    Oh and btw, learn the definition of 'owned' next time pls x

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801661#Comment_1801661

    I'm pretty the rule u mentioned earlier was about banning [bad words]. I myself is a [bad words], I've never been banned despite ppl telling me they reported me.

    I was grouping all the racists, homophobes, xenophobes, transphobes, etc., under the same label, which I called "#########".

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801592#Comment_1801592

    No because you are literally trolling and you are wasting my time

    Oh and btw, learn the definition of 'owned' next time pls x

    Did it ever occured to u maybe ur wasting "my" time? At this point, I feel like ur the one who is trolling.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801676#Comment_1801676

    Did it ever occured to u maybe ur wasting "my" time? At this point, I feel like ur the one who is trolling.

    Nah, don't gaslight me thank you

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801667#Comment_1801667

    I was grouping all the racists, homophobes, xenophobes, transphobes, etc., under the same label, which I called "#########".

    So ur generalizing. And they can play this game. Nothing stops them from playing dbd.

  • Why do I feel that this is going round and round in a circle?🙄

    Noctis, please refer to what I said earlier in the thread where I said that this is definitely bannable and IS something we ban for.

  • @Mandy said:

    Why do I feel that this is going round and round in a circle?🙄

    Noctis, please refer to what I said earlier in the thread where I said that this is definitely bannable and IS something we ban for.

    They're just an obvious troll, you should just mute them

  • @Mandy said:

    Why do I feel that this is going round and round in a circle?🙄

    Noctis, please refer to what I said earlier in the thread where I said that this is definitely bannable and IS something we ban for.

    If the devs feel they want to ban someone, than that's the end of the conversation. I'm pretty sure I'm agreeing w the core argument here.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801685#Comment_1801685

    So ur generalizing. And they can play this game. Nothing stops them from playing dbd.

    No, I'm grouping. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. Get it?

  • Oh my god OP are you okay? I'd lay your head down in my lap after this experience... there is no excuse to be mean to someone online after they finish gloating

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801694#Comment_1801694

    No, I'm grouping. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. Get it?

    Yes u win.

  • Wow, hopefully you took it like a champ and ignored it.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801695#Comment_1801695

    They're just an obvious troll, you should just mute them

    How am I a troll? And if I am a troll, why would u entertain it? Wouldn't that make u a troll too?

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800228#Comment_1800228

    Ppl keep saying this. But do they really? Cuz I never been banned. And ppl told me they reported me probably at least a 100x.

    Hopefully you weren’t as malicious as that one specific comment spoken in OP’s chat, at all, let alone 100x, to anyone.

    It’s highly possible you didn’t say anything that was deemed offensively bannable by those in authority. It’s also possible that some or many of the players who claimed to have been reporting you never actually went through with it.

    What is 100%, however, is that the devs take these matters to the utmost of seriousness, and players who cross the line from toxicity to slanderous hate speech, slurs, death wishes, threats and the likes, will absolutely receive a lengthy ban.

  • Take the salt as a compliment because it shows their insecurity.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801695#Comment_1801695

    If the devs feel they want to ban someone, than that's the end of the conversation. I'm pretty sure I'm agreeing w the core argument here.

    Exactly. So I posted this hoping to get more info about how to take further action against theses people and to showcase the anger this game can cause when played by the wrong people. The wrong people being those who blatantly break the rules of agreement that everyone signed when playing the game, whom should all be banned and not allowed to play the game anymore. Why are you even trying to argue this?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I mean you wiped the floor with them and then you said gg. You were antagonizing them so you should expect that to upset people.

    Winning by a large margin and still saying GG isn't antagonizing. I say GG no matter what.

  • @JustHeretoHaveFun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800761#Comment_1800761

    Winning by a large margin and still saying GG isn't antagonizing. I say GG no matter what.

    OK well plenty of people will see it as insulting.

  • Just saw your original comment. I hesitated for a sec to say it because of the implications, but I decided I should at least try to be nice to them. I would’ve said I’m sorry but I didn’t feel like I did anything wrong and seeing how they reacted, it would’ve just made it worse.

  • This game is a hate-generating machine. It draws people in with promises of fun, action, horror, or whatever BHVR can market it as, and then brings out all the worst in players.

    It preys on FOMO for boosting its playerbase and rift and store content sales. It constantly creates pop ups that people always find at least a mild nuisance at first before it becomes too habitual to care about so that players are constantly ingesting in-game marketing.

    It mandates actions like kicking Victor and encourages players to treat the opposing side poorly as if the player(s) were not human too.

    I've SEEN stuff in those chats that I've never seen before not in jest and/or not from a younger audience of players. I've been in post-game chats where there's so much hate speech (and SWF makes those times worse) that it's a river of derogatory terms and slurs, and I've had conversations where players have basically said DbD is the lowest point in their life and that it's been a parasite. Not once have I seen a chat where someone's excited about an upcoming event, update, or anything, and not once have I had a chat where there was any praise for the game itself. The only positivity I see is about players coming together to be nice despite everything the game does to make it not that way.

    It's truly horrible :/

  • @MikaKim said:

    1k to 3k survivor scores.

    You camped and tunneled, then come here to whine about about how people don't like camping and tunneling.

    Next.

    Just because you don't like how someone plays doesn't mean you should insult them like this.

    Insult their gameplay? Fine, whatever, I'm ok with a bit of friendly smack talk, not insulting them as a person. Grow up.

  • Had over 100 Steam comments on my profile at one point Don’t even wanna know how much spirit Mains get

  • I don't even care what the circumstances are, but no one should ever receive death threats because of a videogame or people wishing they were dead. That is just immature. It's a game, you don't wish people dead because you don't like how they play. I got mad just seeing that people typed that.

  • Not justifying whatever was said, but this game is very boring when the games are trash and nobody can do anything. Killers proxy camping and running right back to the hook. Slugging with no gens done.

    Judging by the scores that's probably what you did. It's fun for you, but not everyone else. But don't worry it's not just you. Many killers play like that.

  • @malloymk said:

    Not justifying whatever was said, but this game is very boring when the games are trash and nobody can do anything. Killers proxy camping and running right back to the hook. Slugging with no gens done.

    Judging by the scores that's probably what you did. It's fun for you, but not everyone else. But don't worry it's not just you. Many killers play like that.

    That's the problem with games with two different teams. The other team's fun is not your responsibility.

    Only your own fun is.

  • @mdg2018 said:

    having some kind of offline bot content would help to avoid this for people who dont like to interact with players that take this game wayyy to serious treating it like its life or death

    Or just give bloodpoints for kill your friends. I would rather play with my friends who know they'd be ostracized if they played scummy. Can't progress in this grind fest playing kill your friends though.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802598#Comment_1802598

    That's the problem with games with two different teams. The other team's fun is not your responsibility.

    Only your own fun is.

    That's not entirely true though. I play red rank killer and definitely go out of my way to mix up targets, leave the hook, etc.

    You don't have to play to win the game in the first two minutes of the match.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802604#Comment_1802604

    That's not entirely true though. I play red rank killer and definitely go out of my way to mix up targets, leave the hook, etc.

    You don't have to play to win the game in the first two minutes of the match.

    You doing that is your decision.

    But I stand by my statement. It isn't your responsibility to do such things. You do it because you choose to do it.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1801703#Comment_1801703

    Exactly. So I posted this hoping to get more info about how to take further action against theses people and to showcase the anger this game can cause when played by the wrong people. The wrong people being those who blatantly break the rules of agreement that everyone signed when playing the game, whom should all be banned and not allowed to play the game anymore. Why are you even trying to argue this?

    No one signed any rules. If ur upset with online interaction, just block the person so u can't hear the person no more. Idk how many times I have to say the same thing over and over, even the mods are complaining about circular arguement.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802613#Comment_1802613

    You doing that is your decision.

    But I stand by my statement. It isn't your responsibility to do such things. You do it because you choose to do it.

    Yep. Because I'm not a dick and know that it's a game. It should be fun for everyone not just me.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800688#Comment_1800688

    Hopefully you weren’t as malicious as that one specific comment spoken in OP’s chat, at all, let alone 100x, to anyone.

    It’s highly possible you didn’t say anything that was deemed offensively bannable by those in authority. It’s also possible that some or many of the players who claimed to have been reporting you never actually went through with it.

    What is 100%, however, is that the devs take these matters to the utmost of seriousness, and players who cross the line from toxicity to slanderous hate speech, slurs, death wishes, threats and the likes, will absolutely receive a lengthy ban.

    Problem w ur arguement is that the devs have no idea what slurs are going back and forth on consoles. And no console player is going to go far as turning on their pc to upload screenshots to ban someone.


    But they do come to the forums to complain.


    If its on ps4, its up to Sony. If its on Xbox, its up MS. And they both don't care.


    And something tells me that while the devs do care, I doubt they want to ban ppl. That's a lot of profit lost.

  • @MikaKim said:

    1k to 3k survivor scores.

    You camped and tunneled, then come here to whine about about how people don't like camping and tunneling.

    Next.

    If he won by camping and tunneling, it means the survivors were really bad, learning how to deal with camping tunneling and slugging are the 3 first thing that u learn when reaching purple ranks.

    So no excuse for the survivors to be mad, they need to get better at the game, chill and learn how to behave.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802620#Comment_1802620

    Yep. Because I'm not a dick and know that it's a game. It should be fun for everyone not just me.

    And there is the inherent dilemma. You are judging people based on how they play the game, when the reason people play games is to have fun.

    Your fun is not my responsibility. It is yours. This is the inherent problem with games with two different teams, as I already stated.

    Someone, somewhere, even if you play in the most "fair" way possible, is going to get butthurt and get mad at you. I've been playing online games for nearly 20 years at this point. It is always going to happen, whether you tryhard as much as you can, or you play by other people's arbitrary rules.

    So you should just play in whatever way you find the most fun.

    Playing within the rules of the game is the only stipulation I care about. Anything else is someone being salty, or hopping on a high horse.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802229#Comment_1802229

    No one signed any rules. If ur upset with online interaction, just block the person so u can't hear the person no more. Idk how many times I have to say the same thing over and over, even the mods are complaining about circular arguement.

    No one signed any rules.

    The signing isn't literal, but you did agree to a EULA that includes the rules.

    If ur upset with online interaction, just block the person so u can't hear the person no more. Idk how many times I have to say the same thing over and over, even the mods are complaining about circular arguement.

    If you were to carefully read the comment you quoted, you'll see that you didn't address it. OP said that they were hoping to get more information on how to get these ######### banned and to vent their frustrations. You're going in circles because you're not even really reading what people tell you.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802629#Comment_1802629

    And there is the inherent dilemma. You are judging people based on how they play the game, when the reason people play games is to have fun.

    Your fun is not my responsibility. It is yours. This is the inherent problem with games with two different teams, as I already stated.

    Someone, somewhere, even if you play in the most "fair" way possible, is going to get butthurt and get mad at you. I've been playing online games for nearly 20 years at this point.

    Playing within the rules of the game is the only stipulation I care about. Anything else is someone being salty, or hopping on a high horse.

    The problem is that this is not a two equal teams situation. And if a killer chooses his fun over the other four players, you have fast games that are boring and frustrating for 80% of the players.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802623#Comment_1802623

    No one signed any rules.

    The signing isn't literal, but you did agree to a EULA that includes the rules.

    If ur upset with online interaction, just block the person so u can't hear the person no more. Idk how many times I have to say the same thing over and over, even the mods are complaining about circular arguement.

    If you were to carefully read the comment you quoted, you'll see that you didn't address it. OP said that they were hoping to get more information on how to get these ######### banned and to vent their frustrations. You're going in circles because you're not even really reading what people tell you.

    I literally gave u the win on ur last comment so we can end our circular arguement, and yet here u are saying the same circular arguement we been having for half this thread.


    This is the internet, I dont have to address anything.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802636#Comment_1802636

    The problem is that this is not a two equal teams situation. And if a killer chooses his fun over the other four players, you have fast games that are boring and frustrating for 80% of the players.

    It doesn't matter whether or not the teams are even.

    And you do know that if Survivors play super optimally, all gens are gonna be done in about 2 and a half minutes right? It takes 80 seconds to do a gen. In 80 seconds, the game is already halfway over if 3 people are on 3 different gens.

    You might say it's the Killer's fault for not giving enough pressure. In the opposite case where the Killer wins in 2 minutes, I say it's the Survivors fault for being bad at escaping chases.

    So your problem goes both ways. And I can tell you right now, most survivors do not care about the Killer's fun whatsoever.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802644#Comment_1802644

    It doesn't matter whether or not the teams are even.

    And you do know that if Survivors play super optimally, all gens are gonna be done in about 2 and a half minutes right? It takes 80 seconds to do a gen. In 80 seconds, the game is already halfway over if 3 people are on 3 different gens.

    So your problem goes both ways. And I can tell you right now, most survivors do not care about the Killer's fun whatsoever.

    How many games out of 100 do you see 3 gens done in 80 seconds?

    1 or 2 maybe?

    Again, games are meant to be fun for everyone. Thats not going to always happen. But do I need to have nights where maybe 1 game out of 5 is fun? Nah. And again that's on some of these killers that feel like they need their ego placated against a group of solos. Woo. Fun.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802652#Comment_1802652

    How many games out of 100 do you see 3 gens done in 80 seconds?

    1 or 2 maybe?

    Again, games are meant to be fun for everyone. Thats not going to always happen. But do I need to have nights where maybe 1 game out of 5 is fun? Nah. And again that's on some of these killers that feel like they need their ego placated against a group of solos. Woo. Fun.

    "games are meant to be fun for everyone"


    Not dead by daylight. Dead by daylight is a addictive game. Not a "fun" game.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802652#Comment_1802652

    How many games out of 100 do you see 3 gens done in 80 seconds?

    1 or 2 maybe?

    Again, games are meant to be fun for everyone. Thats not going to always happen. But do I need to have nights where maybe 1 game out of 5 is fun? Nah. And again that's on some of these killers that feel like they need their ego placated against a group of solos. Woo. Fun.

    Very large gross understatement of how games typically go. Perhaps if you play in the green to brown ranks that's how it usually goes, but not in the purple to red ranks. Most games end in less than 4 minutes one way or the other.

    Not sure why people assume Survivors playing solo has anything to do with their ability to gen rush, when it doesn't. I don't need to bring up the old "experiment" that was done by the death squad for people to know that high level Survivors, even without using comms or perks, can easily decimate some of the best Killers at the game.

    I will always have more fun by facing a person that goes full throttle and tries their hardest to win, rather than intentionally lowering their power level because they want me to have fun too.

    I don't need my hand held. And by the way, I play Survivor solo 90% of the time. I have 0 issues against Killers that try their hardest, and, in fact, have the most fun in those games. I don't have fun when someone intentionally tries to make sure I have fun. It feels disingenuous, and frankly, is an insult to my skill as a player.

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802644#Comment_1802644

    It doesn't matter whether or not the teams are even.

    And you do know that if Survivors play super optimally, all gens are gonna be done in about 2 and a half minutes right? It takes 80 seconds to do a gen. In 80 seconds, the game is already halfway over if 3 people are on 3 different gens.

    So your problem goes both ways. And I can tell you right now, most survivors do not care about the Killer's fun whatsoever.

    @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1802652#Comment_1802652

    How many games out of 100 do you see 3 gens done in 80 seconds?

    1 or 2 maybe?

    Again, games are meant to be fun for everyone. Thats not going to always happen. But do I need to have nights where maybe 1 game out of 5 is fun? Nah. And again that's on some of these killers that feel like they need their ego placated against a group of solos. Woo. Fun.

    Jeez, guys, the game is just poorly designed. The devs realize that one side playing too efficiently ruins the other side's fun, that's why the point system works the way it does. Killers kill too quickly, they get crap for points. Survivors pump out gens and avoid interacting with the killer, they get crap for points.

    The point system is a band-aid fix for a problem at the game's core. Playing optimally should provide a fun challenge for the opposing side, but that's rarely the case. So, the game is what it is. What a killer thinks of as fun may or may not suck for survivors, and the killer is not required to cripple themselves just so the opposing side has a good time. Hell, I usually play that way and I still got survivors complaining back when I left messages on.

    The devs should design the game so that a killer plays to win, it's fun for survivors. Survivors play to win, it's fun for the killer. Players play to have fun. Players are not entertainers, they don't get paid to make sure others have a good time.

1 2 3 4