A reason for mains of every killer to be dissatisfied with BHVR

Trapper

4 years later, and Traps are still such a massive timesink that by the time you've even set up your traps, it's already gg. Hell, thanks to Dead Hard, even a good trap is liable to just leave you stuck in a dead end.

Hillbilly

Billy was fine at base, but had problematic add-ons. Instead of fixing his add-ons and leaving the base, they decided to gut his add-ons and hit his base for good measure.

Wraith

4 years later, and he still doesn't have a goddamn power.

Nurse

For some reason, the devs take "She's the strongest killer" to mean that she doesn't need any fixes. Yeah she's OP, that's no excuse to leave in a bunch of bugs.

Myers

Stalking is buggy as hell and not only is Tier 1 a nightmare, but the devs outright nerfed it by removing your immunity to Spine Chill. Good luck stalking to tier 2 without looking at somebody!

Hag

Remember that year-long stretch after Dedicated Servers when Hag was basically unplayable due to your camera randomly flickering after teleports? We still haven't forgiven them.

Doctor

They did an entire rework on this guy and still couldn't think of a way to make convincing hallucinations.

Huntress

Server/animation tweaks change the way survivors turn every few months, and they still haven't fixed locker spawns on Swamp Maps to let you do a goddamn reload.

Bubba

They increased the penalty for Tantrums in the rework, but didn't fix how he hits his head on certain overhead terrain (ie Thompson House backdoor, Blood Lodge interior ledge).

Freddy

If you liked old Freddy, they straight up removed your killer.

If you only like new Freddy, BT and Object have such scuffed interactions with your power it's amazing this ######### even made it live.

Pig

Despite having been pretty bad since her release, she has been nerfed enough times that she's a living meme.

Clown

The devs said they think he's fine. That's reason enough to be mad, really.

Spirit

Oh boy a new patch! Oh what's that? They broke sounds? Again? Whelp, guess I can't play my main!

Legion

Any time Legion mains find something fun to use, BHVR guts it.

Did you like old Legion? Gone. Did you like using on-hits in Frenzy? Gone. Did you like using Tinkerer and Frank's Mixtape? Gone.

Plague

It's entirely possible for a coordinated SWF to completely rob you of an entire roster of fountains by all cleansing at once. Why? ######### you, that's why.

Ghostface

You can be revealed while behind terrain. Even though it feels like lag, it isn't. This is hard coded into Ghostface's reveal mechanic. Also, we've been asking for baseline Pen for how long now?

Demo

IS BASELINE LIVER TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Oni

If you played PTB Oni, the heavy clunk-fest we now know annoys you with his presence.

Also, for whatever reason, at least one dev thought it wise to force Oni to look directly into the sky during his Demon Strike. Great.

Deathslinger

Not so much a "Deathslinger Complaint", but remember Gearhead?

Remember how they nerfed it immediately after PTB, but have left DS untouched?

This means the devs considered OG Gearhead to be more OP than DS.

Yeah idk man that rustles my jimmies a little bit.

Pyramid

Four years after the game releases, and we STILL can't code a ground-linked projectile that can deal with slopes without exploding? I could forgive Doctor on release since Slopes were somewhat uncommon when he came out, but COME ON NOW.

Blight

Oh look, a car! I'll bounce off of that and get the survivor!

Oh, nevermind. That car doesn't actually exist I guess.

Twins

Broadly gestures at everything

Comments

  • Wraith is so add-on dependent that he desperately needs a rework. Many players have stated that if they just included windstorm into his base kit, then that would be enough to at least make him more of a threat. That, or at least remove the shimmer. You can keep the snarl, but it's kind of ridiculous when you can actually see an "invisible" killer.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777274#Comment_1777274

    Legion couldn't stay in their launch state. That would have done more to speed up the death of DBD than any other decision the devs have made. The amount of oversight there was in regards to deep wound and moonwalking outright killer survivor gameplay for the entire time leading up to the rework.

    That said I'm not even remotely satisfied with the current version.

    1) That can't nobody know. Since nobody knows the future and with what the devs in the future will possible come up.

    2) I had only seen a high peak of leaving players shortly after the rework patch. That is understandable. Nobody to that time thought that all of the posted ptb changes will go live. It had more look like a list from one dev about the things that could be possible done with the Legion, where they then in a meeting pick 1-3 things out.

    But they haven't pick and just done everything as we know today.

    3) The part of the playerbase that was against the Legion, was a very toxic, maybe the most toxic one in DBD. They tried to voice their opinion with the help of dcing, lying and denying of the real abilities of the Legion, towards the other parts of the playerbase that was either ok with the Legion, or neutral towards it and even towards the devs. Also in some forums, like the steam forums, they changed very often their forumnames, to fake a larger number of complaining people.

    I had seen through it by accident, as I by accident discovered that their names got even in old threads changed and if you could remember who had written what in old threads, you could trace them, no matter how often they changed their names.

    4) That said, you are right in parts. The Legion had annoying parts. For the people who have play it and against it, but that would have been the exploits and the addons. Not the basekit.

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777287#Comment_1777287

    1) That can't nobody know. Since nobody knows the future and with what the devs in the future will possible come up.

    2) I had only seen a high peak of leaving players shortly after the rework patch. That is understandable. Nobody to that time thought that all of the posted ptb changes will go live. It had more look like a list from one dev about the things that could be possible done with the Legion, where they then in a meeting pick 1-3 things out.

    But they haven't pick and just done everything as we know today.

    3) The part of the playerbase that was against the Legion, was a very toxic, maybe the most toxic one in DBD. They tried to voice their opinion with the help of dcing, lying and denying of the real abilities of the Legion, towards the other parts of the playerbase that was either ok with the Legion, or neutral towards it and even towards the devs. Also in some forums, like the steam forums, they changed very often their forumnames, to fake a larger number of complaining people.

    I had seen through it by accident, as I by accident discovered that their names got even in old threads changed and if you could remember who had written what in old threads, you could trace them, no matter how often they changed their names.

    4) That said, you are right in parts. The Legion had annoying parts. For the people who have play it and against it, but that would have been the exploits and the addons. Not the basekit.

    Pretty sure the "I hit you and look at the ground and no matter what I or you do in 20 seconds you're dead" was a pretty significant problem with his base kit. His add ons definitely excacerbated that problem though. The double mend stack bug was awful as was franks mix tape.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777319#Comment_1777319

    Pretty sure the "I hit you and look at the ground and no matter what I or you do in 20 seconds you're dead" was a pretty significant problem with his base kit. His add ons definitely excacerbated that problem though. The double mend stack bug was awful as was franks mix tape.

    You are right. But what you have described was part of the exploits and addons. Not even everything. Most people wanted to see there a change. Also me. I just had hoped that it had stopped after that and the other problematic addons.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Pretty much a full or at least half agree on all of these except Doc. The hallucinations were never meant to be more than an additional form of tracking. His true power is his anti-loop.

    PTB Oni was just downright unfair and old Legion had to go. It was just broken and unfair. That said new Legion is pathetic and needs a full on rework imo.

    And no mention of how outdated Micheal is?

    I remember when Doctor was released.

    The devs did an interview (which I have since struggled to find) in which they stated that they wanted Doctor to be a "metagaming" playstyle, playing with the heads of the survivor players as much as he screwed with their characters themselves.

    That's what his mechanic was supposed to be, but they ######### it up.

    Him being anti-stealth was just something else he did, and the "stun" mechanic didn't even exist when he launched.

    The only reason Doc exists in his current form is because the devs gave up (or forgot) what he was originally supposed to be.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I'm still upset about Doc's chase music being gone since the Eternal Blight event and him losing his Exhaustion add-on. Just make it an Iridescent King exclusive effect since a new add-on would break the current formula. I loved getting Survivors to tier 3 and downing them faster than normal because they couldn't fall back on an Exhaustion perk. I want to do that again, but with my favorite Killer! If they need that perk to do well, then that's on them, not me.

    He really doesn't need an exhaustion add-on on top of all the other stuff he has. Seriously his add-ons are ridiculous enough, he doesn't need yet another ridiculous add-on.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1776307#Comment_1776307

    He really doesn't need an exhaustion add-on on top of all the other stuff he has. Seriously his add-ons are ridiculous enough, he doesn't need yet another ridiculous add-on.

    Yeah his add-ons are strong and he doesn’t need the Exhaustion effect. It was nice having it though and it helped weed out the Survivors who relied on those perks from the ones who didn’t. I can live without it, it was just something I really liked from the old Doctor.

    If he does get his Exhaustion effect back, it’d probably still require you to get the Survivor to tier 3 before activating. I don’t think the devs would allow any Killer to keep the Survivors Exhausted for the entire game. But again, he doesn’t need it.

    Honestly I’d like to see every Killer have the ability to inflict Exhaustion (whether it’s through their power or an add-on) just to force the Survivors who use those perks as safety nets to stop doing so and get good. It really sucks to outsmart a Survivor at a loop only for them for undo everything you just did with a perk.

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1776817#Comment_1776817

    I remember when Doctor was released.

    The devs did an interview (which I have since struggled to find) in which they stated that they wanted Doctor to be a "metagaming" playstyle, playing with the heads of the survivor players as much as he screwed with their characters themselves.

    That's what his mechanic was supposed to be, but they ######### it up.

    Him being anti-stealth was just something else he did, and the "stun" mechanic didn't even exist when he launched.

    The only reason Doc exists in his current form is because the devs gave up (or forgot) what he was originally supposed to be.

    true, but to be fair they patched that stun in not long after when they realised that he really had nothing going for him.

  • This sounds like a post from someone who doesn't understand balance in a game, and that there are two sides in this game, not just the killer's experience.

    Do you know what a baseline rat liver would do? It would encourage so many demos to just hold their mouth open in the way which pyramid heads just hold their sword in teh ground. It'll be a bait fest.

    Oh no spirit got a bit of counterplay it's the end of the world! I must be some uncounterable force with no way for the survivors to stop me to have fun.

    Pig isn't bad, clearly you havn't played her well before.

    Pyramid head suggestion would actually be nuts and prevent anything from stopping him.

    Seems like you need to take a look through the survivors POV for once.

  • Ghostface main here, agreed. he's too addon dependent.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1776829#Comment_1776829

    I haven’t seen her at all, it really bothers me because I genuinely wanted to see what it was like facing a great Nurse. Since I’m on console they never really existed and now that cross-play is a thing, shes reworked/nerfed and NOW I WILL NEVER GET TO FACE A GREAT NURSE.

    (Sorry, I got a little emotional there)

    ;/

    queue in south america and you might face me :)

  • I love this post.

  • All I want is a demogorgon add-on rework, but I'm too scared to ask because every rework they do guts the killers base kit.

  • @Withered8 said:

    This sounds like a post from someone who doesn't understand balance in a game, and that there are two sides in this game, not just the killer's experience.

    Do you know what a baseline rat liver would do? It would encourage so many demos to just hold their mouth open in the way which pyramid heads just hold their sword in teh ground. It'll be a bait fest.

    Oh no spirit got a bit of counterplay it's the end of the world! I must be some uncounterable force with no way for the survivors to stop me to have fun.

    Pig isn't bad, clearly you havn't played her well before.

    Pyramid head suggestion would actually be nuts and prevent anything from stopping him.

    Seems like you need to take a look through the survivors POV for once.

    No, that's not what baseline Rat Liver would do. It works for Pyramid since he can hit you through/over pallets. Demo can't. If that's what it would do, that's what Demo would already be doing, because everyone already uses it every game. All it would do is let Demo have some kind of add-on diversity.

    Imagine a bug where Nurse just couldn't see scratch marks. Ever. That's what "sounds broken" means for Spirit.

    Pig is bad, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either a baby Dwight, the luckiest man on earth, or has never fought a competent survivor.

    Pyramid's power being able to hit people in it's path would be OP... 10/10. Dodging? What's that?

    I do know the survivor POV: If you know what you're doing and have a good build, you're either:

    • Fighting a skilled, top tier killer who can keep up with your bullshit
    • Stuck with a dogshit team who goes down immediately because they have 200 ms brain lag and don't look behind them
    • You're fighting a non-top tier killer alongside a competent team, so you win

    This game is heavily unbalanced. Always has been.

    And don't hit me with that "oh lul you wouldn't have survived in 2016", because I was here in 2016. Miss me with that #########. I remember Darkest Moonlight Left 4 Dead Blendette. I remember most maps having an infinite. I remember double bus window. I remember double junk pallets. I remember instant blinds and permanent, map-wide sabo. I remember We'll Make It + Self Care healing to full during the killer's attack CD.

    Killers being stronger than they were in that train wreck after four years doesn't mean they're balanced now.

  • @Bard said:

    Trapper

    4 years later, and Traps are still such a massive timesink that by the time you've even set up your traps, it's already gg. Hell, thanks to Dead Hard, even a good trap is liable to just leave you stuck in a dead end.

    Hillbilly

    Billy was fine at base, but had problematic add-ons. Instead of fixing his add-ons and leaving the base, they decided to gut his add-ons and hit his base for good measure.

    Wraith

    4 years later, and he still doesn't have a goddamn power.

    Nurse

    For some reason, the devs take "She's the strongest killer" to mean that she doesn't need any fixes. Yeah she's OP, that's no excuse to leave in a bunch of bugs.

    Myers

    Stalking is buggy as hell and not only is Tier 1 a nightmare, but the devs outright nerfed it by removing your immunity to Spine Chill. Good luck stalking to tier 2 without looking at somebody!

    Hag

    Remember that year-long stretch after Dedicated Servers when Hag was basically unplayable due to your camera randomly flickering after teleports? We still haven't forgiven them.

    Doctor

    They did an entire rework on this guy and still couldn't think of a way to make convincing hallucinations.

    Huntress

    Server/animation tweaks change the way survivors turn every few months, and they still haven't fixed locker spawns on Swamp Maps to let you do a goddamn reload.

    Bubba

    They increased the penalty for Tantrums in the rework, but didn't fix how he hits his head on certain overhead terrain (ie Thompson House backdoor, Blood Lodge interior ledge).

    Freddy

    If you liked old Freddy, they straight up removed your killer.

    If you only like new Freddy, BT and Object have such scuffed interactions with your power it's amazing this ######### even made it live.

    Pig

    Despite having been pretty bad since her release, she has been nerfed enough times that she's a living meme.

    Clown

    The devs said they think he's fine. That's reason enough to be mad, really.

    Spirit

    Oh boy a new patch! Oh what's that? They broke sounds? Again? Whelp, guess I can't play my main!

    Legion

    Any time Legion mains find something fun to use, BHVR guts it.

    Did you like old Legion? Gone. Did you like using on-hits in Frenzy? Gone. Did you like using Tinkerer and Frank's Mixtape? Gone.

    Plague

    It's entirely possible for a coordinated SWF to completely rob you of an entire roster of fountains by all cleansing at once. Why? ######### you, that's why.

    Ghostface

    You can be revealed while behind terrain. Even though it feels like lag, it isn't. This is hard coded into Ghostface's reveal mechanic. Also, we've been asking for baseline Pen for how long now?

    Demo

    IS BASELINE LIVER TOO MUCH TO ASK?

    Oni

    If you played PTB Oni, the heavy clunk-fest we now know annoys you with his presence.

    Also, for whatever reason, at least one dev thought it wise to force Oni to look directly into the sky during his Demon Strike. Great.

    Deathslinger

    Not so much a "Deathslinger Complaint", but remember Gearhead?

    Remember how they nerfed it immediately after PTB, but have left DS untouched?

    This means the devs considered OG Gearhead to be more OP than DS.

    Yeah idk man that rustles my jimmies a little bit.

    Pyramid

    Four years after the game releases, and we STILL can't code a ground-linked projectile that can deal with slopes without exploding? I could forgive Doctor on release since Slopes were somewhat uncommon when he came out, but COME ON NOW.

    Blight

    Oh look, a car! I'll bounce off of that and get the survivor!

    Oh, nevermind. That car doesn't actually exist I guess.

    Twins

    Broadly gestures at everything

    Yeah, I was really looking forward to using PTB gearhead in my builds, and while I used it a lot at first, I quickly realized it was a wasted perk slot compared to discordance and surveillance.

  • Also, yes, rat liver base would make my life complete.

  • Nurse on Midwich is literally the bane of my existence. The outside area where the two pallets are almost unable to blink through. And dont get me started on that locker area in the main BUILDING !!!!!! What a joke that they even release a map in this stateee!!!!!

  • That was a good post, the Legion and Spirit one's got me :D And hit me on the feelings... now I am depressed... pls help

  • If that's Doc's only problem, I think he's in good shape. It doesn't matter that the survivors sees the hallucinations; what matters is I see the hallucinations.

  • I'd honestly like to know why the bugs with nurse have not been fixed or even addressed. Every nurse thread gets deleted and/or ignored.

  • well i agree with most of things what you said... nothing else to say really

  • Trapper = can still end up stepping on ur trap and be in the animation loop till u quit or surv leave

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777730#Comment_1777730

    No, that's not what baseline Rat Liver would do. It works for Pyramid since he can hit you through/over pallets. Demo can't. If that's what it would do, that's what Demo would already be doing, because everyone already uses it every game. All it would do is let Demo have some kind of add-on diversity.

    Imagine a bug where Nurse just couldn't see scratch marks. Ever. That's what "sounds broken" means for Spirit.

    Pig is bad, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either a baby Dwight, the luckiest man on earth, or has never fought a competent survivor.

    Pyramid's power being able to hit people in it's path would be OP... 10/10. Dodging? What's that?

    I do know the survivor POV: If you know what you're doing and have a good build, you're either:

    • Fighting a skilled, top tier killer who can keep up with your bullshit
    • Stuck with a dogshit team who goes down immediately because they have 200 ms brain lag and don't look behind them
    • You're fighting a non-top tier killer alongside a competent team, so you win

    This game is heavily unbalanced. Always has been.

    And don't hit me with that "oh lul you wouldn't have survived in 2016", because I was here in 2016. Miss me with that #########. I remember Darkest Moonlight Left 4 Dead Blendette. I remember most maps having an infinite. I remember double bus window. I remember double junk pallets. I remember instant blinds and permanent, map-wide sabo. I remember We'll Make It + Self Care healing to full during the killer's attack CD.

    Killers being stronger than they were in that train wreck after four years doesn't mean they're balanced now.

    Not everyone uses rat liver, I don’t.

    Look sure the game has some unbalanced aspects buts it’s not unbalanced itself. I mean just look at the recent kill stats btw, highest they’ve ever been. Look at how many killers are getting good reworks. And at the end of the day, there are just as many things like the ones you’ve listed on this post for the survivor side as well, but I understand why they exist. Just because something you don’t like is in the game doesn’t mean it’s the end of the word.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777125#Comment_1777125

    I've been here for 4 years now, I have no plans on leaving. These new killers that are leaving are just unwilling to learn to play better. They want their wins handed to them. They wouldn't last 5 minutes in 2017 DBD. If they're actually leaving out of "frustration" when killers have better perks, less pallets, and shorter loops than they ever had than DBD just isn't for them

    There are still imbalances in this game, mainly perks and map design, but if thats enough to make you actually quit the game... sorry, but this game isn't for you. The devs ARE making strides to make non-viable killers stronger. Look at Leatherface, spirit and freddy. all killers that sucked when first added. But its a understandably slow process.

    People were literally crying and screaming about leaving when the devs announced a BL TEST. A TEST that they specifically said was for 1 weekend to gather data. Too many killers regurgitate this toxic "killers are victims" mentality that is propgated by certain content creators that I cannot name.

    You literally refused to even play the game when BL was disabled showing you don't even want to try to contribute to the devs attempts at making this game more consistent. Dont @ me

    Good for you sport, but it's not all about the people that have been here since the beginning and know how much it's really changed.

    They need to start thinking about the new players too - once again I'd like to consider modes; Casual and Competitive.

    No not everyone will stay on their side because people are trolls but it'll still do so much.

    Not everyone playing, survivors or killers; want to play competitively. I've played only 2400 hours or something before I said screw it and went to play Destiny 2 because I just can't have fun in this game hardly anymore; and I'm sure plenty of others agree.

  • @Alex_Splicer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777137#Comment_1777137

    Good for you sport, but it's not all about the people that have been here since the beginning and know how much it's really changed.

    They need to start thinking about the new players too - once again I'd like to consider modes; Casual and Competitive.

    No not everyone will stay on their side because people are trolls but it'll still do so much.

    Not everyone playing, survivors or killers; want to play competitively. I've played only 2400 hours or something before I said screw it and went to play Destiny 2 because I just can't have fun in this game hardly anymore; and I'm sure plenty of others agree.

    The toxicity and "bullying" problem would just get worse tenfold with a casual mode. Also the devs probably don't want to split the playerbase. There's already problems with queue times at peak hours in certain areas.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Nice evidence. Btw people have been saying this game is "hemmoraging killers" since I started. Game still hits new all time player peaks every few chapters.

    And a few days after dealing with super sweats that have played since the beginning they will leave - especially if people have false ranks and make them seem new to the game - end game can be so annoying even for console players.

    We still get end game messages when we don't give survivors what they want all the time.

  • @Alex_Splicer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777242#Comment_1777242

    And a few days after dealing with super sweats that have played since the beginning they will leave - especially if people have false ranks and make them seem new to the game - end game can be so annoying even for console players.

    We still get end game messages when we don't give survivors what they want all the time.

    You're acting like this only applys to killers. When I first started as a survivor way back when I was going against deranking meta build Hags and Hillbillys. Know what I did? Learned to play.

  • Late to this thread, but since no one has mentioned it, Clown is confirmed to be getting buffs. So at least there's that :)

  • They said Clown was underrated but is getting a rework, they never said he was "fine"

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    Nurse right now is literal definition of "fighting bugs more than survivors". I used to enjoy playing her, but rn she's awful.

    I've always assumed they largely ignored the nurse bugs after her rework because they really just want to encourage everyone to not play her as much as possible.

    They got rid of quite a few players by changing her handling from an mx5 to an m3 halftrack.

    Quite a few would happily put up with that for nurse if every other button press on her didn't lead directly to a bug.

    Now you have just a few diehard holy warriors who still trot her out periodically, mixed with a handful of new players who haven't fully grasped the situation, and a handful of console masochists dedicated to making it work.

    As long as they can ignore those bugs, they guarantee the nurse population stays low, and while Survivors will still hit one occasionally (with a 50/50 chance that it's a player who can scream with nurse), it means they dont have to deal with pages and pages of nurse threads and reports about killers "cheating" by using nurse in general. Win/win in BHVR's eyes.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779862#Comment_1779862

    You're acting like this only applys to killers. When I first started as a survivor way back when I was going against deranking meta build Hags and Hillbillys. Know what I did? Learned to play.

    @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779862#Comment_1779862

    You're acting like this only applys to killers. When I first started as a survivor way back when I was going against deranking meta build Hags and Hillbillys. Know what I did? Learned to play.

    When did I ever try to mention a survivors side?

    I'm a killer main but can't play survivor. I can admit I'm literally too jumpy to play that role in this game so anything of mine you see is going to be 90% killer oriented.

    And just saying " learn to play " isn't really a good thing to say back. They're trying to learn - killer AND survivors.

    But they can't because plenty of people are already smurfing and starting up SWF at low ranks/rates.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1779857#Comment_1779857

    The toxicity and "bullying" problem would just get worse tenfold with a casual mode. Also the devs probably don't want to split the playerbase. There's already problems with queue times at peak hours in certain areas.

    I just said in my post how there will be people that don't stay on their side of competitive or casual modes because there are trolls.

    But THAT could eventually work itself out, since this is just made to be competitive the people like me wanting to just give a good scare or survivors that just want normal scary games like they advertise.

    I didn't come here expecting to try so hard almost every game, I came to have a fun time. But with them giving the mindset that this is Competitive makes it to where anyone that's a fun player won't want to play - especially if their first game is complete and utter garbage.

  • Don't forget Hllbillys animations are trash too and bugged as well

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777730#Comment_1777730

    No, that's not what baseline Rat Liver would do. It works for Pyramid since he can hit you through/over pallets. Demo can't. If that's what it would do, that's what Demo would already be doing, because everyone already uses it every game. All it would do is let Demo have some kind of add-on diversity.

    Imagine a bug where Nurse just couldn't see scratch marks. Ever. That's what "sounds broken" means for Spirit.

    Pig is bad, and anyone who thinks otherwise is either a baby Dwight, the luckiest man on earth, or has never fought a competent survivor.

    Pyramid's power being able to hit people in it's path would be OP... 10/10. Dodging? What's that?

    I do know the survivor POV: If you know what you're doing and have a good build, you're either:

    • Fighting a skilled, top tier killer who can keep up with your bullshit
    • Stuck with a dogshit team who goes down immediately because they have 200 ms brain lag and don't look behind them
    • You're fighting a non-top tier killer alongside a competent team, so you win

    This game is heavily unbalanced. Always has been.

    And don't hit me with that "oh lul you wouldn't have survived in 2016", because I was here in 2016. Miss me with that #########. I remember Darkest Moonlight Left 4 Dead Blendette. I remember most maps having an infinite. I remember double bus window. I remember double junk pallets. I remember instant blinds and permanent, map-wide sabo. I remember We'll Make It + Self Care healing to full during the killer's attack CD.

    Killers being stronger than they were in that train wreck after four years doesn't mean they're balanced now.

    This entire post is hilarious because of how true it is. What I am majorly disappoint in is how out of 9 consecutive chapters, we have not received a single decent universal killer perk since the plague. Not a single one. Only thing we received is Undying, a perk to make Hex:ruin less garbage and keep every other hex perk... pointless gambling. I hope we get 1 good universal killer perk in 2021. Just one. The game has always been survivor sided, so in that sense, nothing has changed between 2016 and 2020. Still the same game.

  • @Withered8 said:

    This sounds like a post from someone who doesn't understand balance in a game, and that there are two sides in this game, not just the killer's experience.

    Do you know what a baseline rat liver would do? It would encourage so many demos to just hold their mouth open in the way which pyramid heads just hold their sword in teh ground. It'll be a bait fest.

    Oh no spirit got a bit of counterplay it's the end of the world! I must be some uncounterable force with no way for the survivors to stop me to have fun.

    Pig isn't bad, clearly you havn't played her well before.

    Pyramid head suggestion would actually be nuts and prevent anything from stopping him.

    Seems like you need to take a look through the survivors POV for once.

    I play Killer and survivor, I can confirm that surivor has a much easier go at it. My partner who used to play killer and rather well i might add, will not play killer ever now as it's to stressful and just not fun. The toxicity of survivors was such a turn off for them. The game is not balanced not nearly.

  • @FondaDix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1777730#Comment_1777730

    I play Killer and survivor, I can confirm that surivor has a much easier go at it. My partner who used to play killer and rather well i might add, will not play killer ever now as it's to stressful and just not fun. The toxicity of survivors was such a turn off for them. The game is not balanced not nearly.

    Survivors seemlingly have it easier because you can only actively chagne a game's outcome in a much smaller portion of situations, but that doesn't make it easier, just less stressful. The reason killer seems so hard is because everything you do affects the outcome of the match, which alot of people take as a bad thing because it means they can't make many mistaktes, but the upside is that the game is far more in your control rather than survivor where it is in the killer's and teammates control more than your's.

    Many killers also have an attitude of i need to 4k i need to kill everyone or the games unbalanced, which is silly. That's like going in with a 4man swf, trying to get everyone out every game and expecting to not have a stressful time. Trust me i've done both and they r very stressful. Try playing killer with a more casual mindset and for fun. It'll help with stress significantly. Or even with the mentality of just getting better, like doing hatchet only huntress for example. Games like those make you far better whilst not being overly stressful.

  • Why does everyone pretend that as Trapper you spend like 3 or 4 minutes just setting traps at the start of the match without chasing or patrolling? Is there some meme I don't know where people pretend they don't know the way to play Trapper is setting traps as you patrol and in between chases?

    You're fist point is destroied, lets move on.


    Huntess, ok that complaint HAS to be you trolling. I'm a yellow rank killer and have no trouble reloading on swamp maps so I can only guess this is you lying for the sake of a meme.


    The myers complaint assumes everyone is running a single perk, which already invalidates it. You also under estimate having no TR.


    The Hag complaint is something already fixed so you simply included it to artifically inflate your complaints and make it seem like you have more than you do...


    Doctor's hallucinations are not meant to be convincing, their meant to be distracting.


    How am I doing so far?

  • Im sick of hearing balancing complaints. Bug complaints, totally resonable. But damn, everybody comes to this forum just to throw a fit. I wish more of you constant complainers just looked at some of the fun stuff SOMETIMES. There's some great chapter concept threads that get no attention because everyone's too busy being pissed about tiny things

  • Infinites gone, vaulting/perk/map/pallet nerfs, bloodlust added, end game closure added, hatch close added. All this has made being killer easier and survivor harder since release.

    2 escapes, 2 kills is the devs unit of metric. You don’t have to like that but it’s whats given the survivors all their nerfs and all the killers current buffs.

    Killers now are up around 70% kills due to the trajectory of the game and the devs metric system, unless you feel their metric system is bad, in which case they can undo all the changes I've just mentioned. This was indicated in the stats of November 2019 and reaffirmed recently again.

    The 'poor killer' posts are a joke at this point in time.

  • Wraith definitely has a power. Is it good? No. But it's there, crying in the corner. Wanting to be loved by Daddy Cote.

1 2 ›