Why don't killers come to the exit gates anymore?

Maybe 1 out of the 10 most recent games I've played, has the killer approached the exit gate. Even then, it was only with like 15 seconds left on the timer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728734#Comment_1728734

    I'm sure the Killer would kill you If you give him the chance so... No. But the Killer also get Points for slaping me in the gates, so what's the problem with that? Just press M1!

    Then no WGLF stacks for you then.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728755#Comment_1728755

    Is it worth it to get maybe 4 pallets = 400 Points instand of talking the risk to get 4 Hits = 1200 Points?

    Yes. When averaged out over multiple matches, I earn more by going to break doors and pallets than I do by going to the exit gates. That's how few survivors let me hit them, and because survivors stick around at the exit gates waiting for a killer who's never going to show up, I have enough time to break a whole lotta stuff. It's better to go for the guarantee over the gamble.

  • Don't be so selfish other people play this game too

  • I would have to ask this question to killers. Why, when you down the last survivor do you leave them to go search for the hatch to close it or choose to not pick them up and just stand there next to them waiting for the timer to run out?

    Personally, when I play as survivor and the gate is opened, I exit. Unless there is a survivor downed or hooked, I may try to help them.

    There clearly seems to be much sportsmanship missing from players of this game on both sides.

  • You should stop being selfish first. You want the killer to go out of their way to give you WGLF stacks, but you won't give the killer BBQ stacks.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728734#Comment_1728734

    I'm sure the Killer would kill you If you give him the chance so... No. But the Killer also get Points for slaping me in the gates, so what's the problem with that? Just press M1!

    Nah I'm gonna go to my corner over here and ignore you. If you wanna wait for me, please feel free. Hold your breath while you're at it.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728746#Comment_1728746

    Nah I'm gonna go to my corner over here and ignore you. If you wanna wait for me, please feel free. Hold your breath while you're at it.

    If the Killer was a Freddy then he belongs in his corner.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728792#Comment_1728792

    If the Killer was a Freddy then he belongs in his corner.

    Big mad energy

  • Survivors already have the power role, and they feel the need to flaunt it at the end of the match. Such bad winners

  • Better question is why don't you just leave and stop wasting your time and the killers time? If no one is hooked or getting chased then leave and move on.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728435#Comment_1728435

    You're so worked up about this issue that you still don't even recognize that my smart-ass comment actually served a purpose in pointing out "hey, no #########, that was a story about coming back and finding a different environment... in response to a post about said environment having changed... agreeing with their assessment" without having to lay those facts explicitly and matter-of-fact like I would for a child.

    Maybe try reading it all again without the baggage. The anecdote directly opens with that statement "I learned my lesson quickly," and the ending acknowledges "it's my own damn fault for trying to do something nice" ...so what possibly lead you to believe that's something I've tried to do since then? And if you did follow along, then what purpose does your condescending reiteration even serve?

    What are you actually expressing beyond a kneejerk interjection "NO! DO NOT DO!" because of a tangental relationship to this issue you're so clearly spun about right now? (To the point of obliviousness and overt hostility I might add)

    You're tilting at windmills. I don't even disagree with anything you've said in the thread, and I'd upvoted many of your posts. I don't go to the gate anymore either, yet here you seeing one amusing story and only see ZE ENEMY. I guess because everything is Pro or Con, black or white, support or refute, with nothing in between. Especially not good natured conversation.

    So here we are where you don't even realize you've taken what's meant to be a simple amusing anecdote and arrogantly interjected your own reading between the lines into the equation to white-knight "what REALLY happened" about a series of events that, for all you know, I just made up entirely. That's arrogant to the point of delusion. You're spun up about something here to do that, and gonna read whatever you want to read anyhow. …And now you've tripled down with a display of overt bad manners and hostility based on even more projected interactions.

    Go for a walk, maybe take a few shots, and check your own whining, friend. This issue starts and ends at you.

    You know what? I ain't trying to risk a ban. I'll admit to maybe misreading your initial response to my post despite me not even being hostile and going my own way.

  • I imagine they are looking for dropped pallets to break.

  • There is only 2 reasons Id ever go to exit gates after open. 1. I want the game to finish more quickly, knowing that I'll be getting t-bagged. 2. I'm playing deathslinger and still have a noed totem up. I've killed so many t-bagging survivors by shooting and reeling them out.

  • @Ryan51090 said:

    I would have to ask this question to killers. Why, when you down the last survivor do you leave them to go search for the hatch to close it or choose to not pick them up and just stand there next to them waiting for the timer to run out?

    Personally, when I play as survivor and the gate is opened, I exit. Unless there is a survivor downed or hooked, I may try to help them.

    There clearly seems to be much sportsmanship missing from players of this game on both sides.

    You aren't wrong, but the question was addressed to killers, not survivors. They want to know why we don't come to the exit gate.

  • There is only 2 reasons why survivors wait at the exit gates, its either to taunt or they want WGLF stacks or both. I dont believe in that kindhearted survivors that claim they stay to give killer bloodpoints lol. Nah, you care about bloodpoints for yourself dont you?

    Anyway i dont care about some 1k pity bloodpoints and prefer to explore the map instead. So you are just wasting your own time waiting there.

    Im coming to exit gates only if i liked the match despite me losing. Then i dont mind to give survivors their stacks and forcing them out at the same time.

  • Played against a swf last night. Tried as hard as I could to not tunnel or camp. But these survivors were wearing their bully pants. I think i got 3 hooks all game. One right at the end. Due to body blocking and flashlight saves and all manner of sweaty survivor 'you dont get many points this round' gameplay. So i hook a guy at the end of the match after all gens are done and decide thats it for me. I'll take this one sacrifice to my lord and call it good. What do the survivors do? Stand on all sides of me trying to beckon me away from the guy on hook. I shake my head no, and camp with marshmallows and all. The other 3 survivors then rush in, body blocking and borrowed time and all manner of 'not today killer'. They get my one tasty morsel off the hook before i even seasoned it. Then they all stand in exit gate teabagging and doing barrel rolls. I tried to run up and get one last smack and they say no say and just leave.

    Bullies like these guys that were clearly all on headsets make me stay away from exit gates. The only reason I ran into the gates was to get them to leave before they could get more heal points since i had them all injured and they were casually healbagging before leaving to rub it in. So no, I won't go into exit gates anymore. And from now on if i notice a group of swf playing this way and literally bullying me out of game, ill go stand in a corner til gens are done and open end gate myself.

    Sending a strong F you to that group.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    I run survivor and I've never understood the concept of hanging out by the exit gate. If we as survivors aren't hooked and the gate is open, bye see ya next time!

    I will wait until everyone is there or almost there before I leave. Just in case of a late hook or something. Other than that, I am out and on to the next match for more sweet game playing.

  • As another survivor main who occasionally plays killer, I personally don't feel the need to hold the game hostage and tbag like I'm 12. I get my end game collapse, check to make sure my team needs no unhooks then I leave. Aka I'm just not a toxic survivor.

  • I just wanna give them a hit before leaving :(

  • @Purple_Orc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1726494#Comment_1726494

    Unless your'e going to give yourself up as a kill, I would prefer you to just get out.

    Also just to be clear I have never seen a survivor give themself up.

    I will often give myself up as an offering to a farmer or a killer who has struggled so much that they just give up (due to poor match making which isn't their fault). I don't mind dying, the animation for EGC is pretty cool to watch👌

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1728792#Comment_1728792

    If the Killer was a Freddy then he belongs in his corner.

    Yes continue to leave freddys in the corner don't come crying to me when all the baby Dwights are dead and forced pennanced because we left a freddy In the corner.

  • I have no idea. I love watching feng min twerking for me.

  • Dumb question to be honest. The answer is obvious: Play a lot of Killer and see for yourself.

  • @Ryan51090 said:

    I would have to ask this question to killers. Why, when you down the last survivor do you leave them to go search for the hatch to close it or choose to not pick them up and just stand there next to them waiting for the timer to run out?

    Personally, when I play as survivor and the gate is opened, I exit. Unless there is a survivor downed or hooked, I may try to help them.

    There clearly seems to be much sportsmanship missing from players of this game on both sides.

    Because getting a 4K is a win condition or an emblem condition.

    Which is usually why Killers slug for the 4k.

    Escaping is your win condition as a survivor spending as long as possible teabagging at the exit Gate isn't

  • I'd rather break some leftover pallets or walls, maybe find the hatch to close it. I'm not gonna go to the gate to have survivors try to make me feel bad for not winning.

  • @piggypablo said:

    Maybe 1 out of the 10 most recent games I've played, has the killer approached the exit gate. Even then, it was only with like 15 seconds left on the timer.

    at that point the match is over. I just go stand in a corner and alt tab to twitch or something.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Don't want to give you the satisfaction.

    That statement itself just shows childish behaviour. Man up and just force them out if you want the game to end.

  • why don't survivors leave when they're in the thing labelled "exit'? Do you think killers care about your minor pity points or finding a survivor teabagging?

    Sometimes I'll go AFK to piss or grab a drink to let the survivor get the hatch, come back 5 minutes later and they've got a crow overthemselves because they wanted to wait, waste their time and let me see them go into the hatch. It's why I just kill everyone now.

  • I'm new and try to get one more hit in, but reading this comments and I think I will avoid gates going forward lol

    I don't mind teabagging (I squidbag in Splatoon all the time lol) but its annoying when I get stomped and all 4 escape and then I get taunted.

  • My reply will drown in the sea of comments but ill repeat myself again:

    Imo if survivors are waiting in the exit gate area, the killer should be able to walk up to the door controls and insta-close it, forcing the survivors in the area out and nowthe door is closed again fro the remaining survivors.

    This would lead to interested and exciting endgame were survivors can still go to the area for safety but should leave quickly to avoid the door being locked, stealth killers can make particular use of this.

1 2 3 4 ›