The Halloween "Event"

So before I go on a rant about this in the next video I just wanted to make sure that I got all the information correct.

-----

The event activities are themed Archive challenges.

The Blight event itself is the same as previous events where there is a slight bloodpoint boost through the use of special offerings that create extra blighted hooks and generators that award the extra points.

The new blighted cosmetic is for David King through the paid battlepass.

I'm unsure where the True Blight cosmetic is earned from. I'm assuming that it's bought with auric cells for now.

There will be a single event charm available through a login bonus with 3 more event charms available through the code redemption system.

The event will last for about 2 weeks from Oct 21 - Nov 3.

The event items will return along with a different flashlight and an addon for killers.

-----

Am I missing anything?

-----

Edit: The original post was edited by a mod to remove information relating to unofficial information regarding the previously released blight cosmetics.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683821#Comment_1683821

    I dont miss anything, people are complaining that they get free stuff and sutff you CAN buy. Its optional. Why would anybody complain about skins that cost money? Makes no sense to me.

    I know... this is the forum, where the top 1% complainers are summond (including me complaining about complainers) but do we really have to discuss about free stuff and a event which does not have to occure? Take the medkit, be happy and run and if you dont like it, leave it.

    Exactly this.

    this thread pretty much started just to find things to complain about instead of getting all the current info about the event.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683821#Comment_1683821

    I dont miss anything, people are complaining that they get free stuff and sutff you CAN buy. Its optional. Why would anybody complain about skins that cost money? Makes no sense to me.

    I know... this is the forum, where the top 1% complainers are summond (including me complaining about complainers) but do we really have to discuss about free stuff and a event which does not have to occure? Take the medkit, be happy and run and if you dont like it, leave it.

    we dont know if the serum currency is coming back, and leaks show that the currency isnt in this event

    most likely, we cant get any cosmetics for free this year

  • @Mak0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683457#Comment_1683457

    I mean what else do you want to do unless you want them to go back to people doing the most scummy stuff possible to get serum and then suiciding on hook once they got what they need

    I did not notice that in my games. But if they are too concerned for Plants, they should let Serum be available via Gens and Hooks. Then both sides only have to play the game and still get Serum.

  • Well they said there will be login rewards and also other skins put out via social media which I guess will be a hidden code. Hopefully they won't be on a first come basis like the last ones and everyone can get it once found.

    I do dislike making the events part of the rift itself as it feels more grindy and these challenges well we will have to see what they entail but I am skeptical as it feels like more rift promotion than an event.

    Instead of these special offerings for gens I would quite frankly prefer a dbp event so people can play other offerings instead since they are solely about bloodpoints the reward isn't that great since they normally cost 3k to buy you can earn max 17k extra if all 5 gens or hooks are done and everyone of course plays the offering.

    Events are a bit underwhelming after the inclusion of the rift. I used to take the time to play as much as possible and really enjoyed them but now well I just play as I do now and don't put in the same effort as they feel less rewarding and more grindy.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    Well they said there will be login rewards and also other skins put out via social media which I guess will be a hidden code. Hopefully they won't be on a first come basis like the last ones and everyone can get it once found.

    I do dislike making the events part of the rift itself as it feels more grindy and these challenges well we will have to see what they entail but I am skeptical as it feels like more rift promotion than an event.

    Instead of these special offerings for gens I would quite frankly prefer a dbp event so people can play other offerings instead since they are solely about bloodpoints the reward isn't that great since they normally cost 3k to buy you can earn max 17k extra if all 5 gens or hooks are done and everyone of course plays the offering.

    Events are a bit underwhelming after the inclusion of the rift. I used to take the time to play as much as possible and really enjoyed them but now well I just play as I do now and don't put in the same effort as they feel less rewarding and more grindy.

    Completely agree. If the Offerings only give BPs, they should just do a Double BP-Event. My SWF-Mate and myself will burn every Cake or BPS we have left, so we will get a lot more BPs with that.

    And btw., last year, the Event-Offerings only gave 3k Bonus-BPs for a Hook or Gen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684103#Comment_1684103

    I stopped playing the game, but as someone who absolutely despises the rift, having the event locked behind the rift/archives itself (just like last year which also pissed me off) is well, just dumb. I was annoyed that if I wanted Blight Nurse, I had to pop up $10 dollars for an "event" cosmetic and then grind a good 150~200 hours worth of matches just the get her (I didn't pop the $10 btw, because I don't support things I dislike).

    Dunno about you, but events should be fun and rewarding, something to be excited about.

    To me, it sounds like the event is little more than an advertisement for a skin. So instead of an actual event, we just have a marketing stunt that is disguised as an event to test the waters so they can further develop the archive/rift so they can milk people for more of their money for their battlepass.

    Wowee. So generous.

    Look at the OP. All he does since years is complaining that the devs are ignoring the BIG issues and instead they focus on Skins and other uesless stuff... and now suddendly, he wants to start a rant because they dont do enough skins and events. HOW can we blame the devs that they wont take us serious if we have people here who act like that? Tell me.

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683481#Comment_1683481

    You could but the only problem with doing that is assumptions you might make in that video based on the current information might become obsolete by the time the event comes out.

    Either way more power to you

    Well thank heavens hes capable of making a second video on the topic when the event comes out right?

  • I understood why they put the serums into the Rift last year; since it was the first Rift, they wanted to ensure we would play the new content. But with the lack of mention of the serums, I fear they will simply add some of the Halloween skins to the Rift and split them among the free and paid tracks. Not only that, but without the serums, we can't use them to by the older Halloween skins.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683634#Comment_1683634

    Well thank heavens hes capable of making a second video on the topic when the event comes out right?

    That he is

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684291#Comment_1684291

    All you need to do is look at how DBD did events years ago to how they are doing events now to see there has been an ever growing problem with the direction the game has been going in.

    DBD then was a game that was built upon providing player entertainment.

    DBD now is a game that is built upon providing player engagement.

    You are more than welcome to not like somebody all you want for whatever reason, but it still doesn't change the facts of where BHVR's agenda and priorities in the last year have lied, and well, he has the right to be upset about that. I sure as hell am. I'm so upset with it, that it caused me to quit playing a game I otherwise would love and had already invested over a thousand hours in.

    Really you think that way?

    So, if you dont mind, can you tell us what the big difference between now and then are? Not by saying "in the past everything was better". Just what exactly was better? Where do you see the entertainment value and where do you see now the engagement?

    And why should that be important?

    Also, it is not that i dont like the individual we were talking about, its just that he is only complaining for the sake of complaining. I mean ######### apparently the games problem are devs wasting time creating skins, now its the opposite? Where is my facepalm meme picture?

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683647#Comment_1683647

    I was looking at the overwatch event and I liked how you could unlock a new skin by completing a weekly event based on that character.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QPUPAZ5FX154/untitled.jpg

    It isn't really an event based on that character. It is simply win 9 matches in a week and you get the skin.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I think people should stop complaining. Seriously would you rather have nothing? At least we're getting something.

    True story.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684316#Comment_1684316

    Two years ago, Halloween event provided a bunch of cosmetics, a unique objective, and you could get two free skins of your choice, which could be done in a week (even with the problems the event had -- which they fixed to make it easier). The game atmosphere during this time had uniquely made assets just for the occasion, a new storyline, new cutscenes. All of this was for free.

    Last year, you had to grind at least a month worth of games while fulfilling overly dull and repetitive tasks (disturb a crow 50 times -- was a lot of fun getting six killers in a row who just ran around the map ignoring the survivors and not interacting with them) with no unique actual objectives related for the holiday system. All of this was implemented into a system designed to be monetized and it's a system we still have today. Also, unlike the year previous, instead of all the skins being free, some were locked off the bat behind a pay wall, with no chance to get them without paying and making it timed exclusive so if you want that skin now and don't want to miss out, better pucker up that wallet, sweetheart.

    This year, they are doing what they did last year again, except this time, they are literally recycling the uniqueness of the event two years ago to perform a test for the monetization system they invented last year so they can take it a step further -- which will kind of kill the uniqueness of it, when it becomes literally a standardized game mechanic only to exist so they can sell more rift passes which people are slowly starting to stop buying because it's ######### boring and to nobody's surprise, people are getting burned out due to how insistent and lengthy constantly needing to grind it is with almost no down time in between tomes.

    So do i get you right, you think the first event was entertaining because it was fresh, new and done quick and now its boring because its the same from the first year with more grind?

    You think the rift pass is burning out people? So, why would you / they keep doing it? Why would anybody care about the rift pass? Its free, its optional it does not give you any advantage because its just a bunch of cosmetics that does not help you in the game. Why should you do it, if you dont like it?

    I think people who complain about this event should seriously ask themself why they even play the game anymore.

    If i could trade slightly better ballance for those events, i would gladly do it, because its what matters.. not a event that gives you skins and bloodpoints..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684357#Comment_1684357

    Uh, no. The first event was done for actual entertainment. Now they're recycling the system to monetize it. I literally said that outright. There's no cause for speculation -- I literally said what they are doing.

    I don't think the pass is burning out people. It is burning out people. Lots of people, after every pass, people complain about feeling burnt out by it. This is not a new thing. It literally happens every pass and more and more people say it each time because it's exhausting. It happened to me when I gave the first pass a fair go (got all the way to 70). Never did that ######### again. Literally felt like I was doing a job; playing a game.

    The Rift pass is not "free". Getting a bunch of crappy charms and the odd 900 iridescent shard recolor after 80 hours or so of rift grinding is not exactly a reward. Imagine you worked 80 hours at a factory and for a job well done, I gave you a banana and claimed it was a free reward. You better appreciate that damn banana. Anything of actual real value is in the premium pass.

    The Rift is also not optional. There is no option to turn it off, and the game, will pester you about it after every match. "Look at your progress on getting a rift shard! You've unlocked new rewards in the rift! Click here to see them! (literally 8 times out of 9, you will unlock literally an empty square). It literally even blocks the chat after every match, so you have to acknowledge the god damn thing to make it go away. Of course, clicking on this pop up will immediately take you to the battle pass, showing you all the exclusive ######### you're missing out on for not dropping ten bucks on it.

    Seriously, following traffic laws is more optional than the Rift. At least I have the option of ignoring traffic laws. Will get in trouble for it, but they're literally more ignorable than that damn battle pass.

    You say you wonder why people keep playing -- tell you what, invest thousands of hours into something, hundreds of dollars (maybe even a thousand dollars), and see if it's easy for you to just walk away from it.

    That's literally the point. That's why it's called "player engagement". These games get you invested into them, and walking away becomes INSANELY difficult. People don't want all of that money and time to be 'for nothing'. It's literally a trap. Even if people are unhappy, most won't leave, because sometimes they literally cannot afford to leave. Sunken Cost Fallacy. Look it up.

    You can keep thinking whatever you want. I respect your opinion -- but please respect others' opinions who are not happy about the current state of the game.

    The rift is 100% optional and no matter what you say will change that. Why should anybody be burned out by something like this? I dont think you have a problem with the rift or the event, you have a problem with gaming in general and thats something devs can not fix. If you can not even ignore the rift, its best to quit the game, no offense. And i say that as someone who already has over 3.500 hours in DbD.

    EDIT: You are right with one thing: The game has problems, but rift pass, cosmetics and events are extremly low prioritys.

  • I have lots of friends that literally stopped playing DbD because they got tired of the game after completing those infinite rift challenges. They don’t have the mood to play anymore, it’s sad!

  • @psionic said:

    I have lots of friends that literally stopped playing DbD because they got tired of the game after completing those infinite rift challenges. They don’t have the mood to play anymore, it’s sad!

    So you seriously think they would be still around if the rift challanges would not excist?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    "The event activities are themed Archive challenges."

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/N0KJWGOID04T/3e3.jpg

    Of course its a ######### repeat on last year. I so freaking hate the Rift and the archives.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I think people should stop complaining. Seriously would you rather have nothing? At least we're getting something.

    Back in the day we earned currency depending on objectives completed during trials that we could spend on Halloween skins. It should return to that.

  • All I hear from the community is that this Halloween Event is gonna be boring because we gotta spend cash on a stupid battlepass to earn challenges for this event. Well for one reason it's hard to believe anyone and these so called DBD leakers. I'd just wait until the event to see it for my self. Also because the 4th anniversary event was free and fun to play. So I'd think this Halloween Event would be the same.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683672#Comment_1683672

    Back in the day we earned currency depending on objectives completed during trials that we could spend on Halloween skins. It should return to that.

    I just want to play the event and earn free charms.

  • @Tricks said:

    Oh wait, never mind here it is:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HOOW44H0LI03/image.png

    ^really want this

    image.png

    You mean this one? I thought most people got it because the last halloween event was fairly easy (get syringes, get skins heehee)

    There's probably a ton of people who just forgot they even have hallowed blights skins from last year. That shows how dull these events have gotten, really.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684390#Comment_1684390

    Again, it is NOT optional, because there is no way to opt out.

    Option:

    1. "A thing that is or may be chosen."
    2. "the freedom, power, or right to choose something."

    None of these principals apply to the Rift. Therefore, it is not optional. That is not an opinion. It is fact. It is not up to debate, anything more to argue otherwise is just cognitive dissonance, and I'm not going to entertain that. Sorry.

    You cannot ignore the Rift. It is about as optional as refusing to eat. You know, that very obvious gnawing sensation in your stomach called 'hunger' when you refuse to do so? You can't just decide to shut off that feeling called hunger and ignore it. Very similarily, you can't just decide to shut off the Rift. Just like the gnawing hunger you're going to feel that is going to be very distracting, so too, will the Rift insistently pop up, annoying you and telling you have unlocked <X> amount of rewards (which is a literal lie the majority of the time if you're on the free track) and continue to try and persuade you to unlock more rewards and then try to entice you to buy into it.

    Not only is it not optional, it is manipulative.

    Lol sure it is, just because i drive by McDonalds every day i dont have to eat that #########. You are a human with a brain and a free will. Use this amazing power. If you cant, you are very likely addiced as hell and you might need help. Thats it.

    This is a game for adults and most have no problem with addiction. Almost everyone sees the event and the rift pass as a fun little extra... which it is.

    And it is definitly nothing to worry about. Its about cosmetics, absolutly meaningless stuff, no matter how many hours you have invested. If you seriously think this has more meaning then that, im really sorry for you. No offense.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684432#Comment_1684432

    Lol sure it is, just because i drive by McDonalds every day i dont have to eat that #########. You are a human with a brain and a free will. Use this amazing power. If you cant, you are very likely addiced as hell and you might need help. Thats it.

    This is a game for adults and most have no problem with addiction. Almost everyone sees the event and the rift pass as a fun little extra... which it is.

    And it is definitly nothing to worry about. Its about cosmetics, absolutly meaningless stuff, no matter how many hours you have invested. If you seriously think this has more meaning then that, im really sorry for you. No offense.

    If you think ANY major event Dead by Daylight has EVER had is optional, you have issues.

    1. Usual gameplay is completely halted over people wanting to farm the living hell out of flowers. (Hallowed Blight)
    2. Usual gameplay is completely halted over people wanting to grab lanterns and camp the whole match. (Lunar Year)
    3. Usual gameplay is completely halted over people wanting to do optional objectives to get the sweet, sweet 2 skins. (Summer BBQ, Howling grounds). In FACT, you could use tokens to INCREASE the number of optional objectives (Pretty generators for points, pretty hooks for points), though this was a lesser offender.
    4. Usual gameplay is completely halted by people who find crowns and then camp in a random spot until they can get the hatch or walk out the door. I literally stopped playing after getting my crowns until it was over. (4th Anniversary)

    The list goes on and on.

  • @53nation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684466#Comment_1684466

    Is it weird i watched that about 15x? New Necrophobic album is out btw. Just sayin'.

    Mesmerizing, isn’t it...

    reminds me of the new David King head🤮

    Woah, Necro... Yeah, still rock in’ it since ‘89

  • I think it's reasonable to criticise the death of interesting events in favour of all focus being put on the archives and rifts. Some people here seem to be under the impression that DBD is some sort of charity that provides us with free entertainment (or at least that's the only explanation I can think of where concepts like "gratitude" would make sense)

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I think it's reasonable to criticise the death of interesting events in favour of all focus being put on the archives and rifts. Some people here seem to be under the impression that DBD is some sort of charity that provides us with free entertainment (or at least that's the only explanation I can think of where concepts like "gratitude" would make sense)

    no gratitude to have for a seemingly cash grab, but let's wait and see, but if it's worst or even like last year then yea it's a cash grab.

    A big cash grab if there is no free skin.

    But still if it is a cash grab, people will defend those """indie""" devs cau'ze they lack resources and we should be grateful to have dead by daylight, yea very grateful to have this imperfect but fun game....

  • I normally would not self-promote my own question, but for the Q and A, I immediately put in a question regarding the Rift and its length/difficulty/frequency. Perhaps if enough people upvote it or comment, then maybe they will address the question on the upcoming Q and A.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684539#Comment_1684539

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684432#Comment_1684432

    Lol sure it is, just because i drive by McDonalds every day i dont have to eat that #########. You are a human with a brain and a free will. Use this amazing power. If you cant, you are very likely addiced as hell and you might need help. Thats it.

    This is a game for adults and most have no problem with addiction. Almost everyone sees the event and the rift pass as a fun little extra... which it is.

    And it is definitly nothing to worry about. Its about cosmetics, absolutly meaningless stuff, no matter how many hours you have invested. If you seriously think this has more meaning then that, im really sorry for you. No offense.

    Its not optional when you have to partake in the Rift in order to unlock the upcoming Halloween skins.

  • Well last halloween the actual blight cosmetics was earned through the free pass through serums, you would earn x amount of serums in the free pass to unlock 2 full outfit sets like all previous halloween events. we have new add-ons made this time around though along side the usual event items. i know alot of youtubers tend to post videos before you have the actual info but seriously wait before you want to vent? like im not being funny the events have only changed to where there isnt a secondary objective (cleanse the petals) why? because no one did the damn game and would just get a petal and run at the killer to find a new game, that kinda play is pathetic and those people ruined it. so im glad the game still provides the event items, 3 new addons this time around, a set of new blight items (usually get 2 full sets free as long as you play) and then the tome which is the same as the other but probably filled with more halloween charms so... calm down.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684316#Comment_1684316

    Two years ago, Halloween event provided a bunch of cosmetics, a unique objective, and you could get two free skins of your choice, which could be done in a week (even with the problems the event had -- which they fixed to make it easier). The game atmosphere during this time had uniquely made assets just for the occasion, a new storyline, new cutscenes. All of this was for free.

    Last year, you had to grind at least a month worth of games while fulfilling overly dull and repetitive tasks (disturb a crow 50 times -- was a lot of fun getting six killers in a row who just ran around the map ignoring the survivors and not interacting with them) with no unique actual objectives related for the holiday system. All of this was implemented into a system designed to be monetized and it's a system we still have today. Also, unlike the year previous, instead of all the skins being free, some were locked off the bat behind a pay wall, with no chance to get them without paying and making it timed exclusive so if you want that skin now and don't want to miss out, better pucker up that wallet, sweetheart.

    This year, they are doing what they did last year again, except this time, they are literally recycling the uniqueness of the event two years ago to perform a test for the monetization system they invented last year so they can take it a step further -- which will kind of kill the uniqueness of it, when it becomes literally a standardized game mechanic only to exist so they can sell more rift passes which people are slowly starting to stop buying because it's ######### boring and to nobody's surprise, people are getting burned out due to how insistent and lengthy constantly needing to grind it is with almost no down time in between tomes.

    I mean, they literally added a free to play monetization system (battle pass) into a non-f2p game and even DBD's system is less generous than most f2p games somehow. Not much explaining really needs to be done here.

    I can't speak why Coconut is complaining. I'm sure he has his reasons, as I have mine. I've been complaining for the past couple of years, yet I can assure you myself, I am not complaining for the sake of complaining. I am genuinely unhappy with the state of the game, the lack of quality of life features, the lack of optimization options, and the current direction with this aggressive f2p-styled monetization they've been doing the past year genuinely irks me to the point of alienation. This event is not helping that view; it's only reinforcing my beliefs.

    To be fair the objectives in the first blight event was very poorly done.


    A lot of survivors were just throwing games collecting all the nectar they can and then immediately killing themselves on first Hook to move onto the next match.

    This screwed over the people who actually wanted to play the game on both the killer and survivor side.

    This also made it equally is annoying to get vials as the killer because you were typically only get three hooks and a hatch escape because of people killing themselves

    Not seeing last year's was the best but it definitely wasn't as problematic it's also why they did something similar for the 2019 Chinese New Year event but the survivors had the requirement of surviving or living as long as they can with the lantern to incentivise people not to just throw games

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684357#Comment_1684357

    Uh, no. The first event was done for actual entertainment. Now they're recycling the system to monetize it. I literally said that outright. There's no cause for speculation -- I literally said what they are doing.

    I don't think the pass is burning out people. It is burning out people. Lots of people, after every pass, people complain about feeling burnt out by it. This is not a new thing. It literally happens every pass and more and more people say it each time because it's exhausting. It happened to me when I gave the first pass a fair go (got all the way to 70). Never did that ######### again. Literally felt like I was doing a job; playing a game.

    The Rift pass is not "free". Getting a bunch of crappy charms and the odd 900 iridescent shard recolor after 80 hours or so of rift grinding is not exactly a reward. Imagine you worked 80 hours at a factory and for a job well done, I gave you a banana and claimed it was a free reward. You better appreciate that damn banana. Anything of actual real value is in the premium pass. A company handing out a couple of little scraps of junk does not make them saints. And when you look at other battle passes, DBDs is honestly one of the least rewarding ones for free players. You literally get next to nothing.

    The Rift is also not optional. There is no option to turn it off, and the game, will pester you about it after every match. "Look at your progress on getting a rift shard! You've unlocked new rewards in the rift! Click here to see them! (literally 8 times out of 9, you will unlock literally an empty square). It literally even blocks the chat after every match, so you have to acknowledge the god damn thing to make it go away. Of course, clicking on this pop up will immediately take you to the battle pass, showing you all the exclusive ######### you're missing out on for not dropping ten bucks on it.

    Seriously, following traffic laws is more optional than the Rift. At least I have the option of ignoring traffic laws. Will get in trouble for it, but they're literally more ignorable than that damn battle pass.

    You say you wonder why people keep playing -- tell you what, invest thousands of hours into something, hundreds of dollars (maybe even a thousand dollars), and see if it's easy for you to just walk away from it.

    That's literally the point. That's why it's called "player engagement". These games get you invested into them, and walking away becomes INSANELY difficult. People don't want all of that money and time to be 'for nothing'. It's literally a trap. Even if people are unhappy, most won't leave, because sometimes they literally cannot afford to leave. Sunken Cost Fallacy. Look it up.

    You can keep thinking whatever you want. I respect your opinion -- but please respect others' opinions who are not happy about the current state of the game.

    Corporate greed, or simply greed in general,

    I am vehemently against.

    Your eyes are W I D E open

    ...as should be those who read your post and play this game.

    BEFB2919-7B7A-42F5-9BCC-18BA57568402.png

    This is a shot from OP’s video.

    Gives a prime example to your “full time job” reference...

    80+ hours in match to achieve those numbers.

    Big time streamers are getting paid to play DBD. They and fog whisperers will push the Behaviour agenda to their loyal everyday funders (viewers) who may or may not understand the whole picture. It’s an easy middle man job that BE reaps the benefits from without paying those main stream “employees” of theirs who lure more players into the grind (or “trap” as you so astutely recognize it) and make sure they stay good and addicted there, amidst it all.

    An interesting partnership with no contracts signed.

    It’s almost surprising these posts and discussions are allowed to remain in the forums w/o being canceled-out or erased.

    I’m thankful that we can discuss these truths freely and openly, in a healthy manner.

    Wish those at Behaviour who opened the doorway allowing the grimy greed machine to rule the environment of DBD would have the decency to tone it down slightly, if not altogether.

    All players, not just kids (kids... which is worse, even criminal, imo) are being seduced into the susceptibility of the swindle.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683760#Comment_1683760

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QTZLMK4UGUC8/image.png

    You mean this one? I thought most people got it because the last halloween event was fairly easy (get syringes, get skins heehee)

    There's probably a ton of people who just forgot they even have hallowed blights skins from last year. That shows how dull these events have gotten, really.

    Well my son was born just before halloween last year so that explains why I missed out on it lol

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I think people should stop complaining. Seriously would you rather have nothing? At least we're getting something.

    Nobody likes gross live service crap in games they paid for. Stop being a bootlicker

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683821#Comment_1683821

    I dont miss anything, people are complaining that they get free stuff and sutff you CAN buy. Its optional. Why would anybody complain about skins that cost money? Makes no sense to me.

    I know... this is the forum, where the top 1% complainers are summond (including me complaining about complainers) but do we really have to discuss about free stuff and a event which does not have to occure? Take the medkit, be happy and run and if you dont like it, leave it.

    I hope the devs notice this bro

  • @Tricks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684433#Comment_1684433

    Well my son was born just before halloween last year so that explains why I missed out on it lol

    Belated congratulations

  • @PyroGL said:

    I understood why they put the serums into the Rift last year; since it was the first Rift, they wanted to ensure we would play the new content. But with the lack of mention of the serums, I fear they will simply add some of the Halloween skins to the Rift and split them among the free and paid tracks. Not only that, but without the serums, we can't use them to by the older Halloween skins.

    I actually forgot that this is what they did with the serums last year... Maybe that's where they'll be again this year :)

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683672#Comment_1683672

    Back in the day we earned currency depending on objectives completed during trials that we could spend on Halloween skins. It should return to that.

    So you'd rather complain about something that's happening based off of a PAST EVENT then be happy we're still getting events? No one is forcing you to play the event. If you don't like the event then don't play it and shut up. No one wants to hear negativity. So the devs want to implement something they've created into an event, big deal. It's their game.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683672#Comment_1683672

    Nobody likes gross live service crap in games they paid for. Stop being a bootlicker

    This is the forums. I'm giving my opinion about the game and topic. Which I'm allowed to do. Don't be toxic and rude because you don't agree with what I said. If you have such a problem with the event, don't play it. No one is forcing you to. Especially if it's mostly archives stuff then you really aren't being forced to. You just won't have an event to play.

  • so to sum up, no bloodhunt? is that about it?

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    the event are getting worse and worse as this game keeps going.

    Yeah the reason behind that is the community you wanted bug fixes instead of new content so they nixed special events like previous years to bp to focus on bug fixes. That's why I hate the gaming community they're a bunch of whiny crybabies who want everything their welcome to the real world you can't have everything you want and complaining gets you nowhere maybe if the dbd community came up with real solutions and not impossible ones and didn't complain about everything they could actually get fun events

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684421#Comment_1684421

    So you'd rather complain about something that's happening based off of a PAST EVENT then be happy we're still getting events? No one is forcing you to play the event. If you don't like the event then don't play it and shut up. No one wants to hear negativity. So the devs want to implement something they've created into an event, big deal. It's their game.

    Again with the "no one's forcing you" / "its optional" argument. Its not true since you're FORCED to participate in the Rift/Challenges if you want any skins. You need to take off the "BHVR cannot do anything wrong" merchandise.

  • @mike1288mccarthy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683705#Comment_1683705

    Yeah the reason behind that is the community you wanted bug fixes instead of new content so they nixed special events like previous years to bp to focus on bug fixes. That's why I hate the gaming community they're a bunch of whiny crybabies who want everything their welcome to the real world you can't have everything you want and complaining gets you nowhere maybe if the dbd community came up with real solutions and not impossible ones and didn't complain about everything they could actually get fun events

    ok where are all these bug fixes? game still buggy mess.

    I don't think that the case when the added the rift is when the events started to suck now all the care about are the rift and new cosmetics(in other words making more money)

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1685319#Comment_1685319

    ok where are all these bug fixes? game still buggy mess.

    I don't think that the case when the added the rift is when the events started to suck now all the care about are the rift and new cosmetics(in other words making more money)

    How are they making more money even if you bought every tier it's only 7000 at the most a purple cosmetic cost more than the rift pass does in many they're losing money

  • @mike1288mccarthy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683705#Comment_1683705

    Yeah the reason behind that is the community you wanted bug fixes instead of new content so they nixed special events like previous years to bp to focus on bug fixes. That's why I hate the gaming community they're a bunch of whiny crybabies who want everything their welcome to the real world you can't have everything you want and complaining gets you nowhere maybe if the dbd community came up with real solutions and not impossible ones and didn't complain about everything they could actually get fun events

    I think I am one of the last persons who throws ######### at the Devs, but while you are correct that some events did not take place because the Devs want to iron out the game, you dont notice that much from it. Dedicated Servers are still far from perfect, and while they improved, I am pretty sure that quite a bunch of people want to have P2P back. Not the majority, but a lot.

    Also, there are still Bugs in the game which are here for months. Or there are Bugs on PTBs which get reported on Day 1 and still make it into the Live Version 3 weeks afterwards, which raises the question why they dont just bring the PTB on Tuesday and the Patch on Friday, if they dont change that.

    So cutting down on Events while focussing on Bugfixes and improvements is something many people would like, but if you cut down events because of that reason, you have to show afterwards what is being done.

    And if this event is just some Bonus BPs (which can be done via a double BP-Event instead of an Event Offering which offers a small amount of Extra-BPs) and different Hooks and Gens with no way to earn Event Currency, it is not really an event, its just an ingame advertisement for the new Skins.

    (Ofcourse IF this is gonna happen. If there will be event currency, either via playing (what I would prefer) or via the Rift, I stand corrected)

  • @mike1288mccarthy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1685784#Comment_1685784

    How are they making more money even if you bought every tier it's only 7000 at the most a purple cosmetic cost more than the rift pass does in many they're losing money

    talking about everything as a whole rift and new cosmetic they more worry about get next new cosmetics out then fix any bugs or doing any real good event.

    with most event they just slap it in the rift now no real work there other then adding new rift.

    I been waiting a long time for the next double BP event may never happen tho.

    this event may not be that bad but sure not going to be great just hope there tho serums in the free track of the rift to get free hollow blight skins.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684979#Comment_1684979

    Again with the "no one's forcing you" / "its optional" argument. Its not true since you're FORCED to participate in the Rift/Challenges if you want any skins. You need to take off the "BHVR cannot do anything wrong" merchandise.

    I'm not saying they don't do anything wrong. I never said that. You decide that you wanted those specific cosmetics so you do the challenges. You're making the decision to grind for those cosmetics. You can get cosmetics without the rift, but you want the rift cosmetics. How many games have something similar? A lot? You make it sound like Behavior is the only one doing this when they aren't. I was talking about the event and saying it's not a bad thing, but your making it sound like I'm talking about the entire game. The game does need to be fixed up but being mad about a 2 week event that's going to also include the archives is stupid.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684979#Comment_1684979

    Again with the "no one's forcing you" / "its optional" argument. Its not true since you're FORCED to participate in the Rift/Challenges if you want any skins. You need to take off the "BHVR cannot do anything wrong" merchandise.

    This might be an interesting video topic...

1 2 3