The Halloween "Event"

So before I go on a rant about this in the next video I just wanted to make sure that I got all the information correct.

-----

The event activities are themed Archive challenges.

The Blight event itself is the same as previous events where there is a slight bloodpoint boost through the use of special offerings that create extra blighted hooks and generators that award the extra points.

The new blighted cosmetic is for David King through the paid battlepass.

I'm unsure where the True Blight cosmetic is earned from. I'm assuming that it's bought with auric cells for now.

There will be a single event charm available through a login bonus with 3 more event charms available through the code redemption system.

The event will last for about 2 weeks from Oct 21 - Nov 3.

The event items will return along with a different flashlight and an addon for killers.

-----

Am I missing anything?

-----

Edit: The original post was edited by a mod to remove information relating to unofficial information regarding the previously released blight cosmetics.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I ######### hate the argument. BHVR clearly don't want the Rift and Archives to be an "optional" activity. They can earn a potential $70 per player from the Rift, depending on how sensitive to FOMO they are. Of course they'd want people to participate in that and feel like they need to complete it. That's why they keep putting events into it.. so there's no way around it.

    Good works on the Halloween event video, btw. This year's halloween event is going to be the worst one yet. Its all about raking in the cash from players. Nothing else. People need to wake up and see BHVR for what they are.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683760#Comment_1683760

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QTZLMK4UGUC8/image.png

    You mean this one? I thought most people got it because the last halloween event was fairly easy (get syringes, get skins heehee)

    There's probably a ton of people who just forgot they even have hallowed blights skins from last year. That shows how dull these events have gotten, really.

    The Nurse skin was in the paid track (not earnable though the serum that was in the free track), so people that didn't paid for the Premium Pass or didn't make it far enough in the rift couldn't earn this skin.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684371#Comment_1684371

    Corporate greed, or simply greed in general,

    I am vehemently against.

    Your eyes are W I D E open

    ...as should be those who read your post and play this game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YH0DJIOPA4XC/befb2919-7b7a-42f5-9bcc-18ba57568402.png

    This is a shot from OP’s video.

    Gives a prime example to your “full time job” reference...

    80+ hours in match to achieve those numbers.

    Big time streamers are getting paid to play DBD. They and fog whisperers will push the Behaviour agenda to their loyal everyday funders (viewers) who may or may not understand the whole picture. It’s an easy middle man job that BE reaps the benefits from without paying those main stream “employees” of theirs who lure more players into the grind (or “trap” as you so astutely recognize it) and make sure they stay good and addicted there, amidst it all.

    An interesting partnership with no contracts signed.

    It’s almost surprising these posts and discussions are allowed to remain in the forums w/o being canceled-out or erased.

    I’m thankful that we can discuss these truths freely and openly, in a healthy manner.

    Wish those at Behaviour who opened the doorway allowing the grimy greed machine to rule the environment of DBD would have the decency to tone it down slightly, if not altogether.

    All players, not just kids (kids... which is worse, even criminal, imo) are being seduced into the susceptibility of the swindle.

    Well put. I too am glad people are discussing this.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684885#Comment_1684885

    This is the forums. I'm giving my opinion about the game and topic. Which I'm allowed to do. Don't be toxic and rude because you don't agree with what I said. If you have such a problem with the event, don't play it. No one is forcing you to. Especially if it's mostly archives stuff then you really aren't being forced to. You just won't have an event to play.

    Well number one, you were the one insulting the posters here who are frowning upon Behavior's predatory business practices. We're allowed to do so whether you like it or not. If we can't criticize things we enjoy then how can it improve? That's why the forums are here.

    Also "DON'T PLAY IF YOU DUN LIKE IT GUYZ!" or "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT!" are not only weak retorts but also naïve. Literally no corporation put crappy microtransactions in their games then expect you not to purchase them. It's the reason DBD is designed the way it is so people would get tired of the grind then throw away their cash. I'm willing to wager that you have to purchase certain survivors and killers to complete certain Rifts. The skins are also a popular manipulation tactic which Fortnite made famous, some kid is going to see their friends with the cool skins then get made fun of for not having them. It's the haves and have nots. It's by design.

    Also...I work with victims of addiction? Do you know how many video game addicts I encounter in my line of work? These people go to video games to recover from certain addictions or traumas only to be exploited by a hobby they love. These are the people these companies target. If my arms weren't chained to an NDA, I'd happily show you the underbelly of how things work in that regard.

    While we have many disagreements on these forums that seem like endless bickering, this is a pressing issue that we should all be pushing to see some changes towards, not just toward Behavior but the industry itself. Suggesting that people ignore an issue like this or not discuss it is intellectually lazy.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    I think people should stop complaining. Seriously would you rather have nothing? At least we're getting something.

    The more the fact that the devs arent talking to us about stuff that should be know by now, the event is in 2 days and we barely know what skins we are getting and if we can get them like last year with the serum.

  • Please do. These people need to learn that these companies are not our friends, they're here to make money. That's it. We're whales. We shouldn't allow these kind of acts to go on this long when we have made some progress. Like the loot box bans in certain countries and EA being taken to task. We shouldn't let up because we love the game.

  • @DontNerf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683672#Comment_1683672

    The more the fact that the devs arent talking to us about stuff that should be know by now, the event is in 2 days and we barely know what skins we are getting and if we can get them like last year with the serum.

    The reason why they're not telling us anything is probably because its even worse than last year's Halloween event. The grind is going to be worse. Heck, I am expecting that we won't even be able to earn Serums to unlock skins this year. Everything to make people fall victim to FOMO and spend money.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688943#Comment_1688943

    The reason why they're not telling us anything is probably because its even worse than last year's Halloween event. The grind is going to be worse. Heck, I am expecting that we won't even be able to earn Serums to unlock skins this year. Everything to make people fall victim to FOMO and spend money.

    Whether they stay quiet or not doesn't matter since the event will happen anyway and we'll find out whether we're overreacting or not.

    I'm hopeful that I'm mistaken and they simply didn't mention the serum available in the battlepass and decided not to say anything and simply let us be pleasantly surprised.

    The "event" being tied into the battlepass still sucks, but if we have access to free Halloween goodies it's more tolerable imo.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688972#Comment_1688972

    Whether they stay quiet or not doesn't matter since the event will happen anyway and we'll find out whether we're overreacting or not.

    I'm hopeful that I'm mistaken and they simply didn't mention the serum available in the battlepass and decided not to say anything and simply let us be pleasantly surprised.

    The "event" being tied into the battlepass still sucks, but if we have access to free Halloween goodies it's more tolerable imo.

    I really wanna say what was leaked rn so I will put it in a spoiler


    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    The prices for the cosmetics were leaked, they will cost Iri shards for some, others exclusive to Cells

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689282#Comment_1689282

    I really wanna say what was leaked rn so I will put it in a spoiler

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    The prices for the cosmetics were leaked, they will cost Iri shards for some, others exclusive to Cells

    I saw that too, but I'm still hoping that they "forgot" to mention the freebies coming... and no I'm not talking about the charms that we have to follow their socials to get the codes for.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1688972#Comment_1688972

    Whether they stay quiet or not doesn't matter since the event will happen anyway and we'll find out whether we're overreacting or not.

    I'm hopeful that I'm mistaken and they simply didn't mention the serum available in the battlepass and decided not to say anything and simply let us be pleasantly surprised.

    The "event" being tied into the battlepass still sucks, but if we have access to free Halloween goodies it's more tolerable imo.

    I am expecting the worst as long as I don't know how it'll turn out. However, the cynic in me is full expecting a "no way to get free skins without excessive grind" take on this year's Halloween event.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689282#Comment_1689282

    I am expecting the worst as long as I don't know how it'll turn out. However, the cynic in me is full expecting a "no way to get free skins without excessive grind" take on this year's Halloween event.

    lol for everyone's sake I want to be proven wrong... but if I end up being right it works wonders for my YT cred lol

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689390#Comment_1689390

    lol for everyone's sake I want to be proven wrong... but if I end up being right it works wonders for my YT cred lol

    I'd love to be able to give BHVR praise but I keep getting disappointed over and over again.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689394#Comment_1689394

    I'd love to be able to give BHVR praise but I keep getting disappointed over and over again.

    It has something to do with that "strategic investment" that NetEase made in BHVR. It's bringing those sweet Chinese money-making mechanics to the West.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683465#Comment_1683465

    The plants will only spawn if someone has the challenge activated as far as I have understood it.

    So if no one has the challenge selected, there will not be a plant and they were talking about how this is a new form of challenge that they might look further into independent of Blight event..

    My question is what happens if u have the challenge but your teammates milks the plant?

  • @JephKaplan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683472#Comment_1683472

    My question is what happens if u have the challenge but your teammates milks the plant?

    We don’t know, i may have even interpreted it wrongly and that’s not how it works.

    maybe only the one with the challenge is able to milk the plant? Would make the most sense IMO.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1685000#Comment_1685000

    Well number one, you were the one insulting the posters here who are frowning upon Behavior's predatory business practices. We're allowed to do so whether you like it or not. If we can't criticize things we enjoy then how can it improve? That's why the forums are here.

    Also "DON'T PLAY IF YOU DUN LIKE IT GUYZ!" or "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT!" are not only weak retorts but also naïve. Literally no corporation put crappy microtransactions in their games then expect you not to purchase them. It's the reason DBD is designed the way it is so people would get tired of the grind then throw away their cash. I'm willing to wager that you have to purchase certain survivors and killers to complete certain Rifts. The skins are also a popular manipulation tactic which Fortnite made famous, some kid is going to see their friends with the cool skins then get made fun of for not having them. It's the haves and have nots. It's by design.

    Also...I work with victims of addiction? Do you know how many video game addicts I encounter in my line of work? These people go to video games to recover from certain addictions or traumas only to be exploited by a hobby they love. These are the people these companies target. If my arms weren't chained to an NDA, I'd happily show you the underbelly of how things work in that regard.

    While we have many disagreements on these forums that seem like endless bickering, this is a pressing issue that we should all be pushing to see some changes towards, not just toward Behavior but the industry itself. Suggesting that people ignore an issue like this or not discuss it is intellectually lazy.

    I can almost guarantee the devs don't care one way or another if one person or a few don't get the rift premium because a lot of people still will. That's why I said that. It's great that you work with addicts truly. Good for you. I play on Nintendo Switch mostly so the only dlc I don't have is A Nightmare On Elm Street, but I have that on my steam account. When I opened the game for the first time there were already a lot of pre-downloaded dlc's (I believe it was 7 dlcs) so I bought the rest shortly after. No I don't know how many video game addicts you encounter in your line of work because I'm not in your line of work. My original comment to this discussions it was not my intention to come off as rude. I was just saying that because as a Nintendo Switch player I did not play the 2018 event and last year we got the midchapter patch so late we didn't even get the 2019 event. This will be my first time being able to play any event so to see so many people talking about how awful it's going to be and how "we need to fix things" upsets me because I'm happy to finally be able to get to play a Halloween event. Also, if you do buy it then you shouldn't be complaining because then you just sound stupid. You probably buy rift premium every time and get up to Tier 70. I do agree that the rift is flawed and could be worked on, but go put something in feedback. Seriously, I'm sure the devs will listen and take it at least into consideration whatever you have to say. I can guarantee the devs aren't clicking on posts that look like they're just going to be a bunch of people bitching about everything that they release. Discuss, come up with a solution, and give feedback to the devs.


    I will add that I'm not saying your points aren't there because they are. I think my thing is how things are being presented from where I'm standing sounds rude and like people think they're the only ones who know how to fix the game. I do think if people cut the toxic bullshit and had a discussion about what to fix and how to fix it instead of nonstop complaining, then go to suggestions and suggest something, maybe things will change faster. Do whatever the hell you want with the archives I really don't care.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1684453#Comment_1684453

    If you think ANY major event Dead by Daylight has EVER had is optional, you have issues.

    1. Usual gameplay is completely halted over people wanting to farm the living hell out of flowers. (Hallowed Blight)
    2. Usual gameplay is completely halted over people wanting to grab lanterns and camp the whole match. (Lunar Year)
    3. Usual gameplay is completely halted over people wanting to do optional objectives to get the sweet, sweet 2 skins. (Summer BBQ, Howling grounds). In FACT, you could use tokens to INCREASE the number of optional objectives (Pretty generators for points, pretty hooks for points), though this was a lesser offender.
    4. Usual gameplay is completely halter by people would find crowns and then camp in a random spot until they can get the hatch or walk out the door. I literally stopped playing after getting my crowns until it was over. (4th Anniversary)

    The list goes on and on.

    This. The Rift challenges make this issue year round too instead of only a few times a year with week/weekend events.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683760#Comment_1683760

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QTZLMK4UGUC8/image.png

    You mean this one? I thought most people got it because the last halloween event was fairly easy (get syringes, get skins heehee)

    There's probably a ton of people who just forgot they even have hallowed blights skins from last year. That shows how dull these events have gotten, really.

    Hooray! I got my wish

    Yeet.gif

    XD

1 2 3 ›