Thoughts On The Mid Chapter

These are my first impressions for the update, my thoughts may change but this is what I currently think.

Executioner Changes

The increased delay is nice, removes that BS zoning by doing nothing. However that is quite the knock against his viability. They tried to balance it out by reducing his cooldown but that doesn't feel like enough. Perhaps they could increase the speed of his wave a small bit and maybe better turning to compensate.

Trail Of Torment

I like this a lot, seems as good as something like tinkerer, probably gonna run this every now and then.

Forced Penance

Its better, not great, but better. I'll take it.

Blood Pact

Seems decent for SWF, probably gonna be pretty annoying.

Any Means Necessary

Might run it on my sneakier builds. Sounds good for sneaking around and resetting a good pallet.

Cruel Limits

Its not worse, still probably a bit too situational.

For The People

Nothing that actually matters.

Mind Breaker

Still doesn't seem very good.

Slippery Meat

The chance is stupid, always has been. Until the random aspect is gone I ain't gonna run this.

Thanataphobia

Not sure, seems worse on its own. Might be better with other anti heals.

WGLF

Seems good, capitalism wins again!

Technician

I love me some consistency, probably still not gonna run it but at least its better.

PGTW

Why? Just why? Why you gotta do it like that?

Perk Simplification

Simplicity is nice, I like the change but its nothing to special.

Mac Millan Graphics Update

Concept art looks great, hope it lives up to the expectation. I'm willing to bet money on the idea its gonna be broken in some way though.

What Do You Guys Think?

Comments

  • A better fix to slippery meat is to increase the wiggle speed by a certain amount. Maybe 5 or 10 %. This pairs well with the point of the perk is to make it easier to escape out of certain situations

  • People are complaining about pop, but 45sec is perfectly. You all act like you can't plan on how you want to use it before committing to a chase, or seem like you are a Freddy player who mindlessly pops gens and holds W at loops.

    These changes across the board give me hope, they are removing the needless cooldowns and limits that bog down soo many perks

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    People are complaining about pop, but 45sec is perfectly. You all act like you can't plan on how you want to use it before committing to a chase, or seem like you are a Freddy player who mindlessly pops gens and holds W at loops.

    These changes across the board give me hope, they are removing the needless cooldowns and limits that bog down soo many perks

    I know people complain about pop being 60 seconds but ds is also 60 seconds so i think its fine to reduce ds timer on tier 3 to 45 seconds.

  • @Milanceee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643255#Comment_1643255

    I know people complain about pop being 60 seconds but ds is also 60 seconds so i think its fine to reduce ds timer on tier 3 to 45 seconds.

    pop is used to slow down a gen and can repeatedly used, DS is a one-off, you can't compare the two as equals

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    People are complaining about pop, but 45sec is perfectly. You all act like you can't plan on how you want to use it before committing to a chase, or seem like you are a Freddy player who mindlessly pops gens and holds W at loops.

    These changes across the board give me hope, they are removing the needless cooldowns and limits that bog down soo many perks

    For other killers like GF I need time to plan how the game changed with my actions and whos doing what in terms of gens. The time was stupid on characters like Freddy but it hurts on character were time is of the essence.

  • Oi where are the patch notes for this?

  • Pyramid head

    I feel like I need to wait to see the values before I can make a decision on that.

    Not really going to voice my full opinion until I see how it works in execution (hahaha pun intended)


    Trails of torment

    Thank you it actually has a reason to be highlighted now honestly I think this would work great in combination with something like dragon's grip. Oh no guys totally don't touch that generator to stop my undetectable oh looks now you're exposed now. gg ez.


    Forced penance

    meh I mean it's not anything to call home about.


    Blood Pact

    Welp still nowhere near as annoying as when it was first shown in the PTB however if somebody could make things toxic I don't exactly put it past this community let's see how it works in execution and not judge it based on on paper.

    Any Means Necessary

    Honestly I think this is a great change good job guys.

    Cruel Limits

    Trust me I'm going to be making this point later on but I think you guys missed the point of why this perk was so underused. It wasn't the Range I'm sorry but this ain't it chief.


    For The People

    Thanks I guess

    Mind Breaker

    Remember how I said I'll be making this point again. The duration of the exhaustion just wasn't it chief.

    Slippery Meat

    Yay for Kobe builds I guess and yay for trapper I guess.


    Thanataphobia

    I'm going to keep my mouth shut until I see the numbers. Either it's going to be really good or it's going to be a let down let's see if it's worth removing the healing penalty

    WGLF

    Personally would have picked a better benefit but at least it's more in line with its killer counterpart now.


    Technician

    You guys have struck out three times now on this. You've completely missed the point of why this was underused. The percentage of the failed skill check notification and noise prevention ain't it chief. ( especially when you add a penalty for something nobody asked for)

    Guys come on the community has been handing you free suggestions for for ages this is what you go with

    PGTW

    I'm fine with this 60 seconds was not really necessary and it's a little bit of an indirect buff to people who use repressed Alliance to stop Pop Goes the Weasel.

    The Perk changes were ok. Honestly the only two that are really stand out that I can see as good trails of torment and any means necessary.

    Everything else is either Meh, something I need to see in game to know if it's going to be effective or or you completely missed the mark on the perk needed.

    The Macmillan Estate

    I'm going to miss the stupid blue hue of Macmillan but I can't wait to see the concepts in game.


    Overall

    I really can't say much. Most of the things on here are pretty much just a taste of wait and see because we don't have any concrete values.

    I still feel like you need to take technician, mindbreaker and cruel limits back to the drawing board and come up with something else.

  • Where is my 45 second DS to go with my 45 second Pop?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    weird to nerf PGTW right after the ruin undying meta hits but w/e

    everything else is good. finally, I can run the pallet picker upper perk

    It’s not weird at all..... there will be killers that buy blight because of it lol.

    then 2-3 months down the road they will nerf undying.

    we have seen bhvr do their scam before. Look at ph right now, mettle of man to name two.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    Oi where are the patch notes for this?

    Top of the page should have a link to the changes. Unless you X'ed it out, in which case rip.

  • I'm waiting for the numbers on PH and Thana.

    Blood Pact is a bad idea. It's going to be another perk that's abused to hell and back in SWF.

    I agree with Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker. The durations are not the problem.

    PGTW nerf wasn't necessary. It rewarded the Killer for doing well and was one of the few meta perks for Killer. This is a clear example of catering to bad Survivors. That 15 seconds can be huge for the Killer.

    The other perk changes are fine (I really like Trail of Torment, sounds like it's going to synergize really well with Dragon's Grip).

    The MacMillan update is cool.

  • @Milanceee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643255#Comment_1643255

    I know people complain about pop being 60 seconds but ds is also 60 seconds so i think its fine to reduce ds timer on tier 3 to 45 seconds.

    Facts

  • Cool, one less killer that is fun to use.

  • Slippery Meat is still useless.

    And Blood Pact is going to worsen the gen rush meta.

    Otherwise they're fair changes.

  • Here's my thoughts:

    Nerf pop so everyone buys ruin undying. At least they could try to be less obvious about it.

  • @Volfawott said:

    Pyramid head

    I feel like I need to wait to see the values before I can make a decision on that.

    Not really going to voice my full opinion until I see how it works in execution (hahaha pun intended)

    Trails of torment

    Thank you it actually has a reason to be highlighted now honestly I think this would work great in combination with something like dragon's grip. Oh no guys totally don't touch that generator to stop my undetectable oh looks now you're exposed now. gg ez.

    Forced penance

    meh I mean it's not anything to call home about.

    Blood Pact

    Welp still nowhere near as annoying as when it was first shown in the PTB however if somebody could make things toxic I don't exactly put it past this community let's see how it works in execution and not judge it based on on paper.

    Any Means Necessary

    Honestly I think this is a great change good job guys.

    Cruel Limits

    Trust me I'm going to be making this point later on but I think you guys missed the point of why this perk was so underused. It wasn't the Range I'm sorry but this ain't it chief.

    For The People

    Thanks I guess

    Mind Breaker

    Remember how I said I'll be making this point again. The duration of the exhaustion just wasn't it chief.

    Slippery Meat

    Yay for Kobe builds I guess and yay for trapper I guess.

    Thanataphobia

    I'm going to keep my mouth shut until I see the numbers. Either it's going to be really good or it's going to be a let down let's see if it's worth removing the healing penalty

    WGLF

    Personally would have picked a better benefit but at least it's more in line with its killer counterpart now.

    Technician

    You guys have struck out three times now on this. You've completely missed the point of why this was underused. The percentage of the failed skill check notification and noise prevention ain't it chief. ( especially when you add a penalty for something nobody asked for)

    Guys come on the community has been handing you free suggestions for for ages this is what you go with

    PGTW

    I'm fine with this 60 seconds was not really necessary and it's a little bit of an indirect buff to people who use repressed Alliance to stop Pop Goes the Weasel.

    The Perk changes were ok. Honestly the only two that are really stand out that I can see as good trails of torment and any means necessary.

    Everything else is either Meh, something I need to see in game to know if it's going to be effective or or you completely missed the mark on the perk needed.

    The Macmillan Estate

    I'm going to miss the stupid blue hue of Macmillan but I can't wait to see the concepts in game.

    Overall

    I really can't say much. Most of the things on here are pretty much just a taste of wait and see because we don't have any concrete values.

    I still feel like you need to take technician, mindbreaker and cruel limits back to the drawing board and come up with something else.

    My opinions are all of this person's, except I still don't believe Any Means Necessary is going to be a good perk, and I think this nerf to Pop isn't the one that was needed. I think Pop was only ever too strong in Freddy's hands, and since he can be at any gen he wants at practically any time, this nerf doesn't affect him at all hardly, so I think it was a bit of a miss.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643332#Comment_1643332

    Mettle was busted. If you're complaining about it being nerfed, yeesh.

    It was merely an example of selling a product and then changing it.

    I could care less about what they change. I just don’t like some of the motives behind some things.

    comprehend what you are reading prior to putting words in my mouth

  • I know a ton of people want to buff Slippery Meat in different ways, but as someone who uses the perk often already, I love the changes they did to it.

  • • Pyramid Head: Don't play so don't care really, at least no more lose/lose situations so that's something.

    • Trail of Torment: Insidious & Tinkerer's actually decent baby.

    • Forced Penance: Eh...

    • Blood Pact: Probably usable by SWF, still just sub-parish for Solo.

    • Any Means Necessary: Better if you have a Survivor who is pallet hungry I guess, still does little if the Killer breaks or can play around pallets.

    • Cruel Limits: Still doesn't block pallets for a perk that only works 5 times.

    • For The People: Finally I now get the Bloodpoints I expect from healing someone.

    • Mindbreaker: Still requires the gen being under 50%? Then it's still terrible.

    • Slippery Meat:

    Better Perk.png

    • Thanataphobia: Well it'll either be an actually decent stall perk or still sub-par garbage.

    • We’re Gonna Live Forever: Well I guess that my free slot in my Solo Build is permanently taken now, who needs perk diversity anyways.

    • Technician: Training Wheels Perk that decided to hammer down on the Training Wheels instead of Stealth. (Oh yeah also gotta possibly buy Feng to even use it before it realistically becomes obsolete)

    • Pop Goes The Weasel: Good, now all Generator Perks are decent and useful... oh wait Dead Man's Switch, Discordance, Gearhead, Overcharge, Surge, and Surveillance exist and could've really used a buff instead.

    • Perk Rarity: Well it'll be a little easier to search for a perk now.

    • Graphics Update: How many frames will this cost us? I expect DBD to be a slideshow eventually because Optimization doesn't actually exist.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    These are my first impressions for the update, my thoughts may change but this is what I currently think.

    Executioner Changes

    The increased delay is nice, removes that BS zoning by doing nothing. However that is quite the knock against his viability. They tried to balance it out by reducing his cooldown but that doesn't feel like enough. Perhaps they could increase the speed of his wave a small bit and maybe better turning to compensate.

    Trail Of Torment

    I like this a lot, seems as good as something like tinkerer, probably gonna run this every now and then.

    Forced Penance

    Its better, not great, but better. I'll take it.

    Blood Pact

    Seems decent for SWF, probably gonna be pretty annoying.

    Any Means Necessary

    Might run it on my sneakier builds. Sounds good for sneaking around and resetting a good pallet.

    Cruel Limits

    Its not worse, still probably a bit too situational.

    For The People

    Nothing that actually matters.

    Mind Breaker

    Still doesn't seem very good.

    Slippery Meat

    The chance is stupid, always has been. Until the random aspect is gone I ain't gonna run this.

    Thanataphobia

    Not sure, seems worse on its own. Might be better with other anti heals.

    WGLF

    Seems good, capitalism wins again!

    Technician

    I love me some consistency, probably still not gonna run it but at least its better.

    PGTW

    Why? Just why? Why you gotta do it like that?

    Perk Simplification

    Simplicity is nice, I like the change but its nothing to special.

    Mac Millan Graphics Update

    Concept art looks great, hope it lives up to the expectation. I'm willing to bet money on the idea its gonna be broken in some way though.

    What Do You Guys Think?

    It suck no ds nerf

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    People are complaining about pop, but 45sec is perfectly. You all act like you can't plan on how you want to use it before committing to a chase, or seem like you are a Freddy player who mindlessly pops gens and holds W at loops.

    These changes across the board give me hope, they are removing the needless cooldowns and limits that bog down soo many perks

    where DS nerf

  • @RepostRiposte said:

    Where is my 45 second DS to go with my 45 second Pop?

    That what im saying

  • I just want DS nerf so all the killer mains shut up about it already. Other then that slippery meat shocked me a tiny bit,Thanto really shocked me,and all other perk changes are meh. Map change looks really nice and i hope PH isnt hurt by the changes i like playing as him and going against him.

  • I appreciate your opinion.

    The increased delay is nice, removes that BS zoning by doing nothing. However that is quite the knock against his viability. They tried to balance it out by reducing his cooldown but that doesn't feel like enough. Perhaps they could increase the speed of his wave a small bit and maybe better turning to compensate.

    This comes across as someone who disliked how Pyramid was played but understood why he was played that way. Because POTD itself isn't a very good attack, addressing the cooldown only does nothing.

    Sadly the balance team have made their intentions crystal clear no matter how they sugar coat it. It's a nerf to appease people that were unhappy (survivors).

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I appreciate your opinion.

    The increased delay is nice, removes that BS zoning by doing nothing. However that is quite the knock against his viability. They tried to balance it out by reducing his cooldown but that doesn't feel like enough. Perhaps they could increase the speed of his wave a small bit and maybe better turning to compensate.

    This comes across as someone who disliked how Pyramid was played but understood why he was played that way. Because POTD itself isn't a very good attack, addressing the cooldown only does nothing.

    Sadly the balance team have made their intentions crystal clear no matter how they sugar coat it. It's a nerf to appease people that were unhappy (survivors).

    This is what all the reasonable players have been saying. His zoning is annoying and BS, it needed to be changed, but he also needs a faster shockwave, or his punishment needed to be easier to hit to compensate.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643264#Comment_1643264

    pop is used to slow down a gen and can repeatedly used, DS is a one-off, you can't compare the two as equals

    True DS is so much stronger

  • Instead of nerfing pop, they should buff the weaker regression perks.

    PH nerf is good, but he needs more buffs to compensate.

    Everything else is good/alright.

  • I really do want to see Thana in action... before I reach for an opinion (lol)

    Pop is still a really good perk... It takes more critical thinking and decision making ( they didn't change the regression so)

    Other then me going through everything and saying that I want to wait and see.... I want to wait and see how these changes work... LOL

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644677#Comment_1644677

    This is what all the reasonable players have been saying. His zoning is annoying and BS, it needed to be changed, but he also needs a faster shockwave, or his punishment needed to be easier to hit to compensate.

    But sadly the developers despite claiming they listened have not.

    All these videos posted of how “broken” his zoning is seem to ignore the fact that in all of them he tries a shot and a survivor moves an inch during it and it misses lmao

    The developers dont care. PH is another killer that will fade into irrelevance except by the most nasty of tunnelers.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    People are complaining about pop, but 45sec is perfectly. You all act like you can't plan on how you want to use it before committing to a chase, or seem like you are a Freddy player who mindlessly pops gens and holds W at loops.

    These changes across the board give me hope, they are removing the needless cooldowns and limits that bog down soo many perks

    *hopes in surge*

  • Good mid-chapter patch.

    DS Is so much stronger, needs a nerf.

    Pop nerf is fine, only -15 seconds.

  • I'm fine with them buffing and nerfing perks, they should do it more often. Pop will still be good, trail will now actually be good. Some of the other changes are meh (slippery meat and cruel limits still probably won't be used by anyone)

    The issue is them refusing to touch the strongest survivor perks, only the killer ones. In a year's time the most complained about perks on the killer's side will probably be completely different and for survivors it'll stll be good old ds/unbreakable

  • On the subject of Slippery Meat.

    While I welcome retiring the anti-Trapper aspect, I agree that kobe chance buff is incredibly useless, even for niche builds. In fact, I would prefer to see self-unhooking option retired entirely (excluding Deliverance usecase) - penalty for failure is entirely disproportionate to probabilistic gain, so no one sane uses it anyway, and removal would stop a whole lot of players from killing themselves on first hook out of frustration. And yes, I am aware of luck-stacking builds played for funs, but we could preserve this option in a way described below.

    First, self-unhooking could be reworked to no longer be basekit, but activated by a perk - Deliverance for conditional 100%, Slippery Meat for unconditional 30% (increased by luck stacks) with the usual failure penalty. 30% on three attempts immediately from hooking would make for about 65% total unhook value out of the perk, probably up to 90% with luck. To offset it, I would add a scream notification for each failure, making it much more of a risk-reward, and giving killer some info to counterplay it. Of course, calm spirit applies, giving it more much needed versatility.

    Alternatively, Slippery Meat could be reworked entirely, detaching it from unhooking completely. This version would disable survivor's ability to wiggle out to injured, replacing wiggle meter with a 6 second Slip Out meter, filled as you would fill a regular wiggle. When filled, killer is faced with a DS-like skillcheck, failing which a carried survivor is dropped on the ground back into dying, forcing killer to pick him up again. Buffs from breakout and other wiggle synergies apply still.

    Thoughts?