If You Could Make 3 Changes To This Game, What Would They Be?

For me:

  1. Remove instawin buttons, like keys and higher tier moris.
  2. Bring back some form of killer matchmaking. Preferably the old style where SWF groups would face a killer at least at the rank of the highest ranked player in the group.
  3. Reduce the size of the biggest maps by 20% or so.
Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • 1.) Have a custom setting with bots, i.e. for practice for killer powers

    2.) Make Kindred basekit

    3.) Fix the ranking system so that it's actually a relevant mechanic; I like something to work for

    1. More Bug Fixers
    2. More Balancers
    3. Fix Matchmaking
  • @ringwinning said:

    1.) Have a custom setting with bots, i.e. for practice for killer powers

    2.) Make Kindred basekit

    3.) Fix the ranking system so that it's actually a relevant mechanic; I like something to work for

    It feels like there just aren't enough ranks.

    I'd love to see something like Starcraft 2: 5 or 6 'color' ranks and 100s of players within those ranks, each with a rank assigned.

    As it stands I can rapidly rank up as killer to the point where (at least when matchmaking existed) I'd be facing players with thousands of hours more experience than myself on a regular basis but take ages and ages to rank down.

    When I first started playing I got to rank 10 within a few days - and that's just nuts.

    EDIT: And if you get Kindred basekit, I get Whispers.

  • #1- Introduce Alternate game modes. I would make them so they were only available on weekends when there are more active players so the queue times don't get messed up and after a pool of them are built up the more popular ones would go on rotation.

    @Dreamnomad said:

    Every other weekend, there should be an alternate game mode made available. Once the game mode has been released, it should be permanently available in custom games. There are virtually an infinite number of options available (and I'd love to hear everyone's ideas) but here are a few I've come up with:

    Specific Killer VS Specific Survivor using only their perks at rank 3. For example, The Shape vs Laurie, The Clown vs Kate, or The Pig vs Detective Tapp.

    Super Speed: Both killer and survivor have 30% increased runspeed.

    Darkest Night:The map is pitch black. Survivors all have flashlights that are permanently in the "on" position. The killer has night vision up to 15 feet.

    2 killers vs 6 suvivors

    Random 12: Both killer and survivors all have 12 random rank 3 perks.

    Back to Basics: No perks, items, or add ons.

    Casual Mode: All perks are reduced to rank 1. Items and add ons are restricted to common or uncommon. Offerings are restricted to ones that can increase bloodpoint gain.

    Fog of War: Massively reduced information available to both killers and survivors. Killers do not have a terror radius. Survivors do not make scratch marks. All auras are disabled. Killer can't see unfinished generator auras or active hex totem auras or hooked survivors. Survivors can't see slugged or hooked survivors. All perks for both killer and survivor that enable auras have the aura reading components disabled.

    Entity's Eyes: Strange wards appear throughout the map. Anyone (killer or survivor) that passes within 10 meters of a ward will have their aura revealed to everyone on the map. The wards periodically change location.

    Treasure Hunt: No generators on the map. Lots of locked chests are around the map which the killer can see as auras. Survivors must pick the lock requiring skill checks before opening. Most of the chests give survivors a bloodpoint bonus for opening. One chest per map will have a 25,000 bloodpoint bonus. Exit gates are powered after 10 minute timer and chests can't be unlocked after that timer.

    Shopping Spree: Survivors are restricted from bringing items into the match and there are no chests to loot. However, there are 2 zombie vendors that spawn in the match. As survivors and killers perform actions that earn bloodpoints, they also earn another form of currency. They can go to the zombie vendors to purchase items and add ons of their choice. Killers can purchase temporary bonus buffs such as 60 seconds 5% movement increase, 40 seconds survivors have exposed status, etc.

    Totally Random: All Perks, Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are randomly chosen. Perks are chosen from all possible perks and are at rank 3 (regardless whether the player has unlocked the perk or what rank the player's perks are currently at). Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are chosen from all possible options minus event specific offerings. These Items, Add Ons, and Offerings do not consume the player's resources. They are provided by the entity.

    Infection:8 players join a lobby. When the match starts, one is randomly selected to be a random killer with no perks or add ons. The remaining 7 are survivors with no perks or items. There are no hooks on the map, but the killer can Mori survivors in the dying state. Once a survivor is killed they will respawn as a random killer with no perks or add ons. Killers that successfully Mori a survivor earn 1,000 BP. The longer a survivor lives, the larger the bloodpoint bonus at the end.
    First Survivor Killed earns 2500 BP
    Second Survivor Killed earns 3000 BP
    Third Survivor Killed earns 5000 BP
    Fourth Survivor Killed earns 7000 BP
    Fifth Survivor Killed earns 10,000 BP
    Sixth Survivor Killed earns 15,000 BP
    Last Survivor Killed earns 20,000 BP
    Randomly Selected Killer earns 10,000 BP
    Survivors can work on generators, but it takes completion of all 7 generators to power the exit gate. Any survivors that actually escape via the exit gate earn the standard 5,000 BP. Survivors aren't realistically going to escape, nor is it really the goal. The real goal is to be the last survivor alive.

    3 Life Survivors: Survivors have 3 "lives". When the killer catches and puts them on a hook the survivor loses 1 life and is put in a ghost world for 45 seconds after losing the first life and 30 seconds after losing the second life. While the survivor is in the ghost world they can not interact with any objects other than ones that can be vaulted. The world appears black and white and the survivor can not see or touch the other players. They can, however, move at 85% normal move speed to explore the map to find the locations of generators, chests, and totems (though ghost players can not tell the difference between active and inactive totems). The survivor will also earn some bloodpoints for distance traveled in the ghost world.
    After the timer is up the survivor will appear on a random hook at least 32 meters away from the killers current location. The survivor on the hook will see the shroud indication from Insidious around them. This indicates that the killer can not see them on the hook. In fact, the hook that the survivor is on will appear broken to the killer. Other survivors can see the aura of the hooked survivor and unhook them normally at which point they are back in the game. While a survivor is hooked there is no progress meter and there is no struggle phase. Survivors can attempt to free themselves from the hook, but the baseline success chance is 0% for the first attempt and increases by 1% for each attempt after. Attempts for the survivor to free themselves will take 4 seconds. If all the survivors are either dead, in ghost world time out, or hooked then the killer wins. Survivors hooked in the basement are sent to the ghost world for an additional 30 seconds. Perk Slippery Meat is locked in this game mode (since it wouldn't really do anything).


    #2- Address the bloodpoint grind. There is a lot to say about this and I have a lot of ideas.

    @Dreamnomad said:

    The game has been out for a while and with each new killer and survivor added, the grind increases. As of the time of this posting there are 59 survivor perks and 54 killer perks. Assuming an average of 50,000 bloodpoints per web on average (pretty close to reality), that is 8,850,000 bloodpoints for survivors and 8,100,000 bloodpoints for killers to get all perks to rank 3 per character. This isn't factoring in prestiging at all. So if you wanted all 14 killers to have all their perks at rank 3 that is 113,400,000 bloodpoints. Again, no factoring in prestiging. You can add another roughly 4 million bloodpoints per character for prestige 3.

    That is pretty insane if we are being honest with ourselves. Once you've reached that peak, it isn't outrageous to maintain. Going back and doing 9 bloodwebs per character and grinding out the new characters before the next new ones are released is doable. But god forbid you are new to the game or have something resembling a life. At some point for the long term health of the game these issues will need to be addressed. Here are a few suggestions.

    NEW PLAYERS:

    This is the population that has it the worst. They are in for one helluva grind just to get things going. That is why I recommend that new players start with all characters they have access to be at level 15 with the corresponding amount of perks, add ons, and offerings that amount of bloodwebs would offer. They should also start the game with 1,000,000 bloodpoints in the bank. With the free 15 levels and million bloodpoints that would be enough to get one character close to level 50. This would make entry into the game more bearable.

    I've considered the idea of a 3 to 7 day bloodpoint boost for new players, but I think that will potentially backfire when they suddenly start getting half as many bloodpoints and don't really understand why. New players should also get a prompt advising them to spend at least 100,000 bloodpoints when they first log in so they don't waste earned bloodpoints from their first couple of matches.

    RETURNING PLAYERS:

    If a player hasn't logged in for at least 2 weeks, they should get a 250,000 welcome back bloodpoint bonus. If by chance this bonus would put them over the cap, they should still get the bonus but be advised to spend bloodpoints before any new bloodpoints can be earned. We want to encourage players to return.

    PRESTIGE SYSTEM:

    I believe that characters should start with their teachable perks at whatever rank they are prestiged at. So for example, if I prestiged up Legion to prestige 3, they would have Discordance, Mad Grit, and Iron Maiden at perk rank 3. I also believe that each time a character prestiged up they should get to keep one non-teachable perk they've unlocked per prestige rank. So using our Legion example again, lets say I get Bloodhound to rank 2 when I'm at level 50 and I really like the way that perk interacts with Legion so when I get prestige 1 I decide to keep Bloodhound.

    When I reach prestige 1 level 50 I manage to get Bloodhound to perk rank 3 and lucky me, I got BBQ to rank 2. When I get prestige 2 I decide to keep both of those perks. I would now also have all of my teachable perks at rank 2. So I continue the grind with Legion and get to Prestige 2 level 50. I now have Bloodhound rank 3, BBQ rank 3, and I found I really like the way Monitor & Abuse work with Legion so I decide to keep all 3 of those perks when I get prestige 3. I also have Legions teachables at rank 3.

    One other thing I would like to see related to the Prestige system is a bloodpoint transfusion system. Once a character reaches level 50 I think they should be able to pay an bloodpoint exchange cost for items and add ons. So for example, if I wanted to exchange one add on for a different one of the same rarity of my choice it would cost me 100% of the cost. So I could pay 3,000 bloodpoints to exchange say Chainsaw File for Spark Plug or 4,000 bloodpoints to exchange Long Guide Bar for Primer Bulb. Players that prestige would get a discount to this cost. Nothing insane, like 10 to 15 percent per prestige rank.

    ADDRESS SURVIVOR VS KILLER BLOODPOINT GAIN DISPARITY:

    I realize that some of this will be considered controversial. I'm asking everyone to look at the big picture issue here. It is no secret that survivors gain far less bloodpoints than killers. This is by any given metric too. Bloodpoints per game, bloodpoints over a given period of time, bloodpoint bonuses, etc. Considering that 80% of the population in a given game is survivors, playing as a survivor needs to be made more attractive. Especially in terms of bloodpoints earned.

    We're Gonna Live Forever. This perk is far inferior to the killer's BBQ perk. Forget the secondary function. Let's just focus on the bloodpoint bonus aspect. Killers gain a token for each different survivor they hook, at rank 3 this amounts to 100% bloodpoint bonus for hooking all 4 survivors. Considering that this is the primary goal of the killer, it is relatively easy to achieve. We're Gonna Live Forever (WGLF from here on) isn't like that at all. WGLF gains tokens for unhooking and taking a hit for a nearby injured survivor. Neither of those things are the primary mission of survivors. As such, gaining the tokens is somewhat random.

    WGLF should be tied to survivors primary objective. Finishing generators. Survivors should gain 1 token for each generator completed and gain 10/15/20 % bonus for each token gained. If survivors finish all 5 generators, at rank 3 that is 100% bloodpoint bonus. This alone would go a long way to fixing the bloodpoint disparity. Killers, you should really get behind this since it would encourage survivors to run a perk that doesn't increase their survivability. That is one less slot for Self Care, Decisive Strike, Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, etc.

    Survivors should also have their bloodpoint category limit addressed. Survivors gain bloodpoints for a variety of different activities, but can't earn more than 8,000 bloodpoints per category. This makes reaching the bloodpoint cap particularly difficult for survivors. For instance, if a survivor is being chased by the killer all game they will only earn 8,000 bloodpoints for the chase category and maybe 5,000 if they survive. That player may have done the most to help his/her team survive but was never even given an opportunity to work on generators or help other survivors.

    Likewise, maybe a team has 3 players who are playing musical chairs on the hooks, but one survivor is diligently working on generators the whole game. That player who finished 4 generators by him/herself obviously contributed greatly to their teams survival, but again is capped at 8,000 for working on the generators and maybe 5,000 for surviving. What I propose is that after reaching the 8,000 bloodpoint limit per category that 50% of future bloodpoints earned in the same category go into a general pool. This general pool will never exceed what a survivor could earn if they had max bloodpoints in all categories (32,000).

    One other thing that should be addressed for survivors is the risk factor. Survivors assume 100% of the risk in this game, but are given far less rewards than their risk warrants. For this reason, I think survivors should gain a 2,000 bloodpoint bonus just for playing a survivor that is independent of any bloodpoint category.

    THE END GAME:

    One last thing I would like to address is rank 1 play. There should be a reward for all this effort. Once a player gets to rank 1, there is currently nothing. What I recommend is that when players earn pips at rank 1, they gain 10,000 bonus bloodpoints per pip earned. This would encourage players to get to rank 1 and care about the results while also helping with the bloodpoint grind issue.

    TEACHABLE PERKS

    What I would like to see done is make it so when you have all 3 teachable perks unlocked on a character, you have the ability to toggle one of them locked. For example, if I have Predator, Bloodhound, and Shadowborn unlocked on the wraith I would be able to turn off Shadowborn and have that perk not show up as a perk option on the bloodweb. This obviously wouldn't effect active bloodwebs. I feel like the current system punishes long term for decisions that were made without full knowledge of how the game works. This would help players get the perks they actually care about sooner and make the grind less awful.

    #3- Increase killer map mobility.

    @Dreamnomad said:

    I'm not referring to mobility in a chase. I'm talking about the killers ability to cover large distances in the map. I think it's about time to start addressing this issue. I think each killer should have some way to cross large distances quickly. It would be preferable for each killer to have a unique method. Some examples might be:

    Plague- melts into a puddle of vomit over 4 seconds. While in puddle form can move at an accelerated rate with full movement control. Doesn't give off terror radius in this form, but can not see survivors either. Reforms in 4 seconds.

    Clown- summons a hot air balloon and grabs onto a hanging rope. killer sees a map of the zone as he's lifted off and chooses a location to be lowered to. Can not be used indoors.

    Ghost Face and Pig- Ghost Face and Pig can enter a locker and see the aura of all lockers. They can then choose one to teleport to and exit. 30 second cool down. Activated by using the alternate action button at a locker.

    Wraith and Spirit- Rips open a tear in the fabric of reality and enters (4 seconds). Travels rapidly around the map, but can not see any sign of survivors nor can the survivors see any sign of Wraith or Spirit. Wraith or Spirit can choose a location to rip open another tear to re-enter reality. Doing so takes 4 seconds and generates both light and noise.

    Nurse- Can perform a "super blink" using the alternate action button. Doing so she can see her destination point, but when she lands she can not attack and is blinded and stunned for 3 seconds with her vision and mobility returning over 2 seconds. 45 second cooldown

    Doctor- body becomes a ball of electricity over 4 seconds. While in electric form can move at an accelerated rate with full movement control. Doesn't give off terror radius in this form, but can not see survivors either. Reforms in 4 seconds.

    Trapper, Shape, Huntress, Cannibal, and Legion- Running charge similar to Hillbilly, but with larger control and no stun when bumping into objects. 4 second stun at the end of the charge and can not perform an attack.


  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    1. More Bug Fixers
    2. More Balancers
    3. Fix Matchmaking

    The problem is that this game just feels impossible to balance - especially now that SWF was podged into the game without any real thought of how it would work out.

    As it stands, a mediocre SWF group can run rings around most intermediate killers (especially thanks to no killer matchmaking) which is going to lead to both miserable killers and possibly power creep, which will hurt solo survivors.

    Good luck fixing that one.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    #1- Introduce Alternate game modes. I would make them so they were only available on weekends when there are more active players so the queue times don't get messed up and after a pool of them are built up the more popular ones would go on rotation.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/17700/alternate-game-modes

    #2- Address the bloodpoint grind. There is a lot to say about this and I have a lot of ideas.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39591/addressing-the-bloodpoint-grind

    #3- Increase killer map mobility.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/69931/killer-map-mobility

    Agreed on mobility.

    I think this is more an issue of how coordinated groups can just melt gens while maintaining a lookout, combined with the staggering size and density of certain maps.

    There are few things more irritating as a killer than getting both of these together and losing 3-4 gens before you even get your first real chase.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632540#Comment_1632540

    The problem is that this game just feels impossible to balance - especially now that SWF was podged into the game without any real thought of how it would work out.

    As it stands, a mediocre SWF group can run rings around most intermediate killers (especially thanks to no killer matchmaking) which is going to lead to both miserable killers and possibly power creep, which will hurt solo survivors.

    Good luck fixing that one.

    Yeah thats true, full balance is definitely impossible. But it should hopefully be better at closing the power gap between certain killers and the gap between Solo Q and SWF.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632555#Comment_1632555

    Yeah thats true, full balance is definitely impossible. But it should hopefully be better at closing the power gap between certain killers and the gap between Solo Q and SWF.

    The old system was a great idea - an SWF group would always face a killer at least at the rank of the highest ranked survivor in the party. No idea why they tossed that.

    I had a similar idea where, like Heroes of the Storm and other Blizzard games, grouping together would inflate your MMR for that match, leading to more challenging opposition.

    The way things are is absolute poison. Killers start getting nasty in terms of playstyle and survivors get cocky, expecting easy wins - then becoming toxic/DCing/nerfherding when they don't.

  • @StarLost said:

    For me:

    1. Remove instawin buttons, like keys and higher tier moris.
    2. Bring back some form of killer matchmaking. Preferably the old style where SWF groups would face a killer at least at the rank of the highest ranked player in the group.
    3. Reduce the size of the biggest maps by 20% or so.

    fix bugs

    fix balance

    add practice mode

  • 1. Dedicated chapter to game health. In other words, FIX THE DAMN BUGS!!!

    2. Rework Moris and keys. Allowing all survivors to be killed after just one hook isn't fair to the survivors, nor is it fair to the killer to allow all four survivors to escape through the hatch with a single key.

    3. Matchmaking (nuff said)

    Runner-up - A proper training mode.

  • Killers would perform Friendships

    ‘cause I really wanna roast marshmallows w Trapper an have a dance off w Myers!


    Survivors would have their own special individual abilities, similar to killers.

    ...Super awesome to have Nurse’s daughter as a survivor who could float around the realms an get her blink on from time to time, jus like her Mum☺️


    SWF would be sayonara!, minus coms, no coms, comless, sans coms, w/o coms, ok coms buh-byeee! 

  • @SweetTerror said:

    1. Dedicated chapter to game health. In other words, FIX THE DAMN BUGS!!!

    2. Rework Moris and keys. Allowing all survivors to be killed after just one hook isn't fair to the survivors, nor is it fair to the killer to allow all four survivors to escape through the hatch with a single key.

    3. Matchmaking (nuff said)

    Runner-up - A proper training mode.

    If they rework Mori then they need to do away with silly quests like 'kill the obsession 10 times by your own hand' stuff.

    I don't know how they can make something like that and not expect a lot of tunneling.

  • Make the pip system actually work and force the playerbase to accept it as a win or lose condition.

    There. My 1 change. Who cares about keys, mori's or deathsquads, they literally lost because they crutched it out.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Make the pip system actually work and force the playerbase to accept it as a win or lose condition.

    There. My 1 change. Who cares about keys, mori's or deathsquads, they literally lost because they crutched it out.

    This sounds nice in theory, but doesn't account for the so-called 'depip' squads abusing a smurf account and SWF to deliberately roll and derank people way less skilled than them.

    I keep seeing this, and it's very frustrating.

    Matchmaking has to be fixed before even the slightest nod can be given to serious competitive changes.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632590#Comment_1632590

    If they rework Mori then they need to do away with silly quests like 'kill the obsession 10 times by your own hand' stuff.

    I don't know how they can make something like that and not expect a lot of tunneling.

    I've heard a few suggestions that I think could work well. One suggestion would be to have Moris work on a token system. For example, 4 hooks = 1 Mori. Or have a Mori be base kit like it is with Pyramid Head, in that it only activates upon a survivor's death hook.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632596#Comment_1632596

    I've heard a few suggestions that I think could work well. One suggestion would be to have Moris work on a token system. For example, 4 hooks = 1 Mori. Or have a Mori be base kit like it is with Pyramid Head, in that it only activates upon a survivor's death hook.

    Again, I'd be happy with that if they removed the quests that defacto require Moris and also removed keys.

    I'd love a fun little fatality animation on the last hook.

  • 1) Make more sinergizing peeks. I.E. Dragons grip + surge.

    2) Account stats. Time played, kills with each killer, how many 4K, 3K et cetera. Stats for survivor too.

    3) Ultra rare frequency on Bloodweb. 1 ultra rare every 50 Bloodweb for example.

    1. Delete Keys
    2. Delete Ivory / Ebony Mori
    3. Give Pig good addons and WGLF healing / gen stacks
    1. Completely remove Legion from the game.
    2. Remove every power, Hex, and perk that grants an insta-down.
    3. DS time extended to 120 seconds, can be used twice a match, and now stuns the killer for 7 seconds. I'll never be tunneled again.
  • @skarsguts said:

    1. Completely remove Legion from the game.
    2. Remove every power, Hex, and perk that grants an insta-down.
    3. DS time extended to 120 seconds, can be used twice a match, and now stuns the killer for 7 seconds. I'll never be tunneled again.

    Well, probably not.

    You are also unlikely to ever see anyone playing killer again :).

  • Adjust Red and Yellow Moris and Keys

    Basically Yellow Moris are worthless while Red Moris are a bit overpowered. Green Moris are ok. So my thinking is something like this

    • Yellow Mori - Lets you kill any survivor that you've hooked twice (aka on deathhook). A bit more powerful than the current terrible version but still weaker than Green.
    • Green Mori - Lets you kill one survivor that you've hooked once. (No change)
    • Red Mori - Both of the above: lets you kill one survivor that you've hooked once and any survivor that you've hooked twice. It's not as powerful as the current version but it's still slightly better than the Green and still lets you get the mori animation multiple times.

    Keys are relatively ok other than I think a key should only let the key user escape a little early, not multiple survivors. Having the hatch let the key user out then close behind them seems a little more reasonable.


    Start the endgame collapse if no points are scored by either team for five minutes

    This is essentially to prevent the occasional endgame scenario where you have two survivors who are both actively just hiding and waiting for the other to die while the killer is having trouble finding them. The game can drag on a bit too long sometimes when this happens. So just start the endgame collapse once five minutes have elapsed with neither side scoring any points. That's plenty of time for one or the other side to do something semi-productive so it's pretty reasonable for the game to go into sudden death if it has gotten into a scoreless quasi-stalemate.


    When there are two survivors left, make the bleedout timer move twice as quickly

    This is another somewhat dull endgame situation that can come up. Essentially some killers, when they have downed the third survivor, feel pressured for whatever reason to slug that survivor and look for the fourth to help guarantee they get 4 kills versus the last person escaping via hatch. (I don't do it personally because I find it really boring looking for that last person but I totally get why other people do, the last person escaping is a 5k relative point swing at the end as well as means you can't get an Iridescent emblem if you care about those.) Anyway this particular type of endgame can drag on for quite a while because the slugged survivor takes up to four minutes to bleed out and it's possible they may be revived once or twice or the other person get slugged in the course of the endgame.

    So my suggestion is double the speed of the bleed out timer so it only takes two minutes to bleed out when only two survivors are alive. That still gives the killer up to two minutes to find the fourth survivor if they want before they need to hook the third or have them die on the ground. But the time pressure is increased to find them more quickly and it speeds up the process one way or another. And on the flip side it puts some additional pressure on the last survivor to heal the third before they bleed out if they want to be altruistic. Either way speeding up the death timer can make this part of the game a little more tense and not feel like it's overstaying its welcome.

  • I would do the following:

    1. Solo Que would allow no more than (2) People to join a Lobby as friends and all identifying information would be held till the end of the match. This would prevent on the fly Comms being setup and return Solo to how it was intended
    2. People entering as a 3-Person or 4-Person Team would go in the SWF (or Team) Que. This Que would require one extra Generator to power the gates, so a 3-Person Team will need (5) and a 4-Person Team would need (6).
    3. Killers choosing to play against the SWF (Team) Que would have a 5th Perk Unlocked.

    *I think these changes would have several effects. The Solo Que would no longer be punished by attempts to try and balance the SWF. Killers playing against the Solo wouldn't feel the pressure (we don't actually like it) to bring the Mori or Tunnel just to try and reduce the 4v1 to 3v1 immediately to have a chance. Everyone in the Solo Que (Killer and Survivor alike) will have more freedom to play without it always being as sweaty and dirty as possible. The Group/Team Que won't have a problem getting Killers either because with the playing field leveled, I think plenty of Killers would jump at the chance of taking them on. If the balancing options I suggest turn out to be too strong or too weak, the DEV can easily adjust them, and again it will not impact anyone outside the Group/Team matches.

    This would also open up a whole new line of LUCRATIVE cosmetic options for the game to sell. Think of the matching League Jackets or other identifiers that could sold. Teams could have names that might even appear on said jackets, hats, or whatever. I know my friends and I would all love some leather jackets that have our personal name on them. The point being this done right not only solves some of the balance problems, it might actually quicken both Ques and make the company some extra money.

    Look, I know this is my own personal cause. I play both Killer and Survivor. As a Survivor (with friends who frequently play with me) I'm aware of the advantage it provides. This issue is only going to get more complicated, and in the end they will have to be broken up. I think Dead by Daylight might as well embrace it, and earn some extra money from it.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632600#Comment_1632600

    This sounds nice in theory, but doesn't account for the so-called 'depip' squads abusing a smurf account and SWF to deliberately roll and derank people way less skilled than them.

    I keep seeing this, and it's very frustrating.

    Matchmaking has to be fixed before even the slightest nod can be given to serious competitive changes.

    That literally doesn't happen any more. The Devs changed SWF matchmaking a year ago to prevent it: all you are seeing now is normal, broken matchmaking.

    1. Buff killers
    2. Buff Perks
    3. Reduce Bloodpoint cost of everything by 1000 points. Roughly cutting the grind by 25%.
  • 1. Aim dressing removed.

    2. DS deactivates when healing others/unhooking/repairing/sabotaging.

    3. SWF has a shared perk pool, so no stacked 2nd chance perks.

  • 1.red mori has an option to be near instant and only works on death hook

    2.hatch only spawns if at least 2 survivors are dead or all gens are completed

    3.decrease map size

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632608#Comment_1632608

    That literally doesn't happen any more. The Devs changed SWF matchmaking a year ago to prevent it: all you are seeing now is normal, broken matchmaking.

    Yes, it does mate. I've run into them. The two top rankers and the 20 were definitely in an SWF together, as the #3 and #20 explained in postgame. Their purpose was skunking lower rank players into losing pips for the same of a stream, if I recall.

    this is fair.JPG


  • Matchmaking, console optimization, and latency fixes/hit detection overhaul.

  • Very tough choice

    Delete Legion

    Fix Ghostface

    Change NOED and some exhaustion perks

    Change OoO

    Remove some of the extreme RNG (strong windows closed everytime I play survivor but same windows always open when I play killer)

    All those came to mind. Very hard to pick 3.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    In order of most to least feasibility:

    Start the EGC after all Gens have completed (but balance the duration accordingly)

    Killer specific Objectives instead of Generators, or at the very least Map Specific objectives. (Imagine if the goal of facing The Pig was to remove the trap that you spawned in with)

    Creating a custom engine for the game that takes into consideration its setup for an optimized experience for both coding/testing as well as for the end-user.

    I actually really dig the objectives idea.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632658#Comment_1632658

    Yes, it does mate. I've run into them. The two top rankers and the 20 were definitely in an SWF together, as the #3 and #20 explained in postgame. Their purpose was skunking lower rank players into losing pips for the same of a stream, if I recall.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/03OFRNMB4V5H/this-is-fair-jpg.jpg

    The matchmaking only takes into account the SWF member with the highest rank and applies said rank across all members for the purposes of finding a match. Just because a couple of morons don't realise that doesn't mean it's not the case. Go read the patch notes from around the time of dedicated servers: it describes the issue and solution most wonderfully.

    • Implement an anti-camping mechanic. Strategy or not, everybody hates it and especially at low ranks it is a problem, driving away new players.
    • Implement a "cooldown" system for generators, so you can't have 3 generators pop in the span of few seconds.
    • Change many survivor perks to affect both you and others to help solos.


  • 1: reduce the grind for sure.

    2: make mori's and keys only usable in the egc and remove other conditions

    3: more often perk changes. So many perks would be better with just some small number tweaks. Just look at tinkerer

  • I would allow people to block each other to prevent getting matched up ever again with them. We have blocking in the game but it only stops them from saying things to you. I know that as a killer when I switch to survivor and one those survivors recognizes me (my name on ps4) they be salty and try to get me caught by the killer or vice versa. Either way it prevents people from being harassed in game.

    1. Remove Hag - Not a nerf, just delete her from the game
    2. Fix bugs on both sides
    3. Proper balance between solo q, swf and killer.
    1. game health chapter
    2. matchmaking
    3. bugs
  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632658#Comment_1632658

    Yes, it does mate. I've run into them. The two top rankers and the 20 were definitely in an SWF together, as the #3 and #20 explained in postgame. Their purpose was skunking lower rank players into losing pips for the same of a stream, if I recall.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/03OFRNMB4V5H/this-is-fair-jpg.jpg

    I Have seen this and I think it sucks that its allowed i have also seen a YouTuber purposely tunnel and camp specific people and egg people on in chats for views. He keeps his rank low for the purpose of doing this to low or noobish players. All for the sake of a stream. I think accountability is in order. Also i don't wanna hear well camping and tunneling isn't an offense. because neither is bringing in a friend with a low rank. I don't think de-ranking is an offense either. (For anyone offended by my comment)

  • I want clown to have big thick man teats. I want nurse to be draggin a wagon and lastly I want dynamic hook styles for that flava.

  • Fix the bugs

    Fix matchmaking

    Remove the stupid rank system. It is literally useless. As a survivor, the goal is to get out, as a killer, the goal is to kill everyone. That's it. It doesn't need to be more complicated than that. The whole "If you lose, you still win," and "If you win, you still lose" bs needs to get lost for real. The only reason it exists is so BHVR can make out like there is more depth to the game than there actually is. Considering the constant number of bugs (the first thing I'd address), I don't think anybody is going to be impressed that you added a ranking system that has literally no place to begin with. What that tells me is that you are screwing about, instead of actually addressing issues.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632933#Comment_1632933

    The matchmaking only takes into account the SWF member with the highest rank and applies said rank across all members for the purposes of finding a match. Just because a couple of morons don't realise that doesn't mean it's not the case. Go read the patch notes from around the time of dedicated servers: it describes the issue and solution most wonderfully.

    Yes this was the case until they removed all the restrictions of matchmaking because of abysmal wait times. I think it was last December or January.

    Also when the new MMR was implemented the devs said that they are going to take the average skill level of an SWF when pairing them with a killer and that they are going to monitor how it works out and make changes to it if needed. But the new MMR, as you know, was deactivated but AFAIK the average skill level (which is rank right now) of SWF is still the deciding factor when finding a match.

    I can confirm this since I usually play solo in red ranks and I only get red rank killers. But the other day I played with a friend who hasn't played in several months and was deranked to yellow ranks and we were paired with a green rank killer every match.

    1. Remove Freddy
    2. Remove Freddy
    3. Optimization
  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633043#Comment_1633043

    Yes this was the case until they removed all the restrictions of matchmaking because of abysmal wait times. I think it was last December or January.

    Also when the new MMR was implemented the devs said that they are going to take the average skill level of an SWF when pairing them with a killer and that they are going to monitor how it works out and make changes to it if needed. But the new MMR, as you know, was deactivated but AFAIK the average skill level (which is rank right now) of SWF is still the deciding factor when finding a match.

    I can confirm this since I usually play solo in red ranks and I only get red rank killers. But the other day I played with a friend who hasn't played in several months and was deranked to yellow ranks and we were paired with a green rank killer every match.

    I'm sorry, but a sample size of 1 in a time where matchmaking algorithms reduce their restrictions at an incredibly rapid pace is not evidence enough to prove that the Devs are lying or miscommunicating.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633305#Comment_1633305

    I'm sorry, but a sample size of 1 in a time where matchmaking algorithms reduce their restrictions at an incredibly rapid pace is not evidence enough to prove that the Devs are lying or miscommunicating.

    Who has said anything about lying or miscommunication?

    What they have said about new MMR SWF matchmaking in June is a fact. Go check it out.

    After the new MMR was deactivated the devs haven't said anything about matchmaking so we don't know if it is the average rank, no restrictions or the highest rank right now. My guessing that it is the average (since they are using/going to use it in the new MMR) goes hand in hand with my experience of it. But since the devs haven't said anything we can only guess.

  • Nerf Keys

    Nerf Mori Offerings

    Buff Pig

  • My 3 would be based on things that are annoying to me.

    1) Grant the ability to turn off specific items and their add-ons in the bloodweb, or just remove toolboxes and their add-ons from it altogether. I understand why toolboxes were nerfed. However, having to spend bloodpoints on them as well as the add-ons for them is a complete waste for an item that is almost completely worthless now.

    2) Get rid of the crows. If removing the noise they make would somehow be unfair to killers (I don't know. I'm a survivor main) then replace them with something that makes a sound that isn't so incredibly hideous sounding.

    3) Get rid of the part of Doctors spark that makes survivors scream. I'm not claiming it's unfair, op, or anything else. It's just something I would change because I personally hate it. This is the perk that makes me understand why people hate second chance perks so much. There is nothing in this game more frustrating to me than successfully losing a killer or evading their detection for them to be able to simply hit a button and know where I am again instantly.

    For the record I am well aware I can equip Calm Spirit to negate the scream portion of spark. The thing is it's a perk I don't want to use with any other killer so it's a waste of a perk slot for me most matches. I used it for awhile when it seemed somehow I was getting Doc every other match. Fortunately, that isn't happening anymore.

  • Nerf DS

    Kindered basekit

    Fix maps.

  • match system

    bug fixes

    practice mode

    About making Kindred basekit issue, that's to make soloq survivors get similar amount of information as SWF, no Whisper as a compensate. However, Kindred as basekit is too strong and a communication system in game can do the work. That can be the fourth hope.(How to balance SWF? better matchup system)

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Killers would perform Friendships

    ‘cause I really wanna roast marshmallows w Trapper an have a dance off w Myers!

    Survivors would have their own special individual abilities, similar to killers.

    ...Super awesome to have Nurse’s daughter as a survivor who could float around the realms an get her blink on from time to time, jus like her Mum☺️

    SWF would be sayonara!, minus coms, no coms, comless, sans coms, w/o coms, ok coms buh-byeee! 

    Would survivor lock be introduced then?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Very tough choice

    Delete Legion

    Fix Ghostface

    Change NOED and some exhaustion perks

    Change OoO

    Remove some of the extreme RNG (strong windows closed everytime I play survivor but same windows always open when I play killer)

    All those came to mind. Very hard to pick 3.

    I cannot allow you to just delete my main here, but GF needs the fixes.

  • 1. Fix the optimization issues so there is a balance in performance on all systems.

    2. Focus more on fixing current bugs and change current process to be more efficient in preventing future bugs before going live with updates.

    3. Buff solo q to be balanced with swf and then buff killers.

‹ 1 2