Guys, can you please stop asking nerfs for spirit?

There are far more killers that need help... pig, wraith, myers, trapper, legion, clown, etc etc...

Playing these killers in red ranks are absolute nightmare, especially against SWF.. this is one of the reason why you don't see them in higher ranks.

IMO the problem with these killers are far more important than just a spirit. If you are complaining spirit because you see her all the day, then buffing these killers will definitely help it in this case.

Comments

  • But if they don't nerf her then I might have to change my build/playstyle instead of just running typical meta perks and dry humping the funbus/killer shack.

  • Nerf them all and let the gods sort them out!

  • @Kamizake said:

    You can't stop people on a public forum, what a worthless comment lol.

    I'm asking people nicely, and giving my reason. I think some people will understand it.

  • People asking for Spirit nerfs just want easier games not to buff weaker killers.

  • @Kamizake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587132#Comment_1587132

    Nicely or not, this is a forum, and you can't just say "Oh hey guys, dont complain about spirit, thx :)"

    You know they're not going to, and as I said, only cause some killers are weak, does not deny the fact that spirit is broken.

    Or otherwise, survivors have 68 perks, and 57 are usseles, does that deny the fact that DS/UB is broken? No.

    About perks.. i still don't understand why they're so slow in changing perks.. some perks just need some small tweak, and they're decent..

    Compare to changing killers' power, it's far more easy to change the perks...

  • @Maperson said:

    You are talking to the wall man, after Spirit they will ask for some other killer to get nerfed, after that repeat.. I don't know what is so fun and challenging playing against weak killers..

    Because such players don't want fun and challenging. They just want to relax, play a little DBD, and be able to escape. Difficult killers generally make that impossible for them.

    Sadly, it's the same disconnect between player base segments that we see clash in all online PvP games. Even in Overwatch, we have those who play to win and play optimal hero picks no matter the mode: Quick Play, Quick Play Classic, or Competitive. And then we have players that just want to relax, get into a match, and play their favorite heroes, even if those heroes are Symmetra or Torb or Orisa.

    And the latter will always call the former "tryhards," or go to the OW forums and post endlessly for nerfs against those meta heroes.

    And the devs cannot win. If they nerf, they've pissed off the competitive players. If they don't, they've pissed off the casual players. But that issue stems from PvP games, DbD included, trying to cater to both sides equally. In the long run, you can't. You have to stake your flag on a hill and die on it.

  • I don't know if you know how influent survivors can be into these kinds of stuff. Think about legion nerf, survivors know they're the power role, hence they can keep asking for nerfs and eventually get their prize.

  • she as of now is the only killer in the game that gives no feedback which makes her especially demoralizing to play against.

    guessing right or wrong is not good gameplay if it was i wouldve not spent my money on this game and just flipped a quarter over and over for entertainment

  • @YaiPa said:

    I don't know if you know how influent survivors can be into these kinds of stuff. Think about legion nerf, survivors know they're the power role, hence they can keep asking for nerfs and eventually get their prize.

    I know.. i have been here for more than 2 years.. it's just make me sad that there are so many posts about nerfing spirit just after billy rework, and so few people actually understand that weaker killers should have higher priority than a single stronger killers...

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587143#Comment_1587143

    I know, I played games competitively before, but I never experienced so toxic community like this.. When I play killer and get potatoes it's boring, what is fun in destroying people when you are clearly better.. Literally community is destroying the game, it's not only survivors. After they nerf Spirit they will ask for Freddy, Oni or Leatherface, mark my words.

    Oh, I have. The Overwatch forums and community are just as bad. I once asked at the OW forums which community was worse, since I knew some over there also played DbD. It was fairly close in replies, with DbD only edging it by a mere few people.

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    she as of now is the only killer in the game that gives no feedback which makes her especially demoralizing to play against.

    guessing right or wrong is not good gameplay if it was i wouldve not spent my money on this game and just flipped a quarter over and over for entertainment

    As survivor, you are almost guarantee that you have upper hand against every single killer i mentioned in chase.

    Some loops are literally unmindgameable with those killers, and they are forced waste a lot of time just to catch up. IMO this is the quite the same as spirit, just in reverse.

    So don't you think they need more help, and needs to be at higher priority?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587151#Comment_1587151

    As survivor, you are almost guarantee that you have upper hand against every single killer i mentioned in chase.

    Some loops are literally unmindgameable with those killers, and they are forced waste a lot of time just to catch up. IMO this is the quite the same as spirit, just in reverse.

    So don't you think they need more help, and needs to be at higher priority?

    no because of the simple fact that nerfs are higher priority than buffs this is because you can always choose to not play an underpowered killer but you cant choose to not play against an over powered killer.

    d/cing doesnt count

    i agree that all the killers you mentioned do need a buff

  • I feel like Spirit needs a nerf to how blue she is so give her more clothing.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    There are far more killers that need help... pig, wraith, myers, trapper, legion, clown, etc etc...

    Playing these killers in red ranks are absolute nightmare, especially against SWF.. this is one of the reason why you don't see them in higher ranks.

    IMO the problem with these killers are far more important than just a spirit. If you are complaining spirit because you see her all the day, then buffing these killers will definitely help it in this case.

    Thankyou I’m sick of everyone complaining about Spirit needing a nerf when it’s the other killers in need of buffs. If they buff the other killers then we will see more variety at high ranks not just Spirits and Freddys

  • Well, she is fundamentally broken and I do plan on writing a thread all about this, but I'm about to be going non-stop for 12 hours, so that won't happen for a day or so.

  • If the killer can kill people just by standing still in one place - it is not a good design. Even if you guess right and equip Iron Will, Stridor will completely ignore that. Not even that, the speed she has while using ability is downright ridiculous especially with certain add-ons. She got nerfed previously for a reason. So yeah, when so many people ask devs to do something about her, you know there's something wrong with her.

  • @Xayrlen said:

    If the killer can kill people just by standing still in one place - it is not a good design. Even if you guess right and equip Iron Will, Stridor will completely ignore that. Not even that, the speed she has while using ability is downright ridiculous especially with certain add-ons. She got nerfed previously for a reason. So yeah, when so many people ask devs to do something about her, you know there's something wrong with her.

    Standing still isn't even unique to Spirit. I've gotten a down against a player with god bus by just standing still at a corner and shrouded as Ghostface to make them think I left.

  • What is asked is balance, a strong killer is the nurse, if she surpasses your team, then perfect, no? Her 500 hours as a nurse alone were worth it.


    But that a Spirit of 50 hours surpasses you just because her buy good headsets I do not see anything balanced, she is practically pay to win.

  • Nah I'm gonna keep asking for spirit changes to make her more fun and interactive. Like I'm gonna ask for slinger changes and pyramid head changes (and yeah, I'm a ph main).

    I'm also gonna ask for buffs to weaker killers in the meantime. I'll advocate for buffing solo-q people and fixing matchmaking.

    People can want several things to be fixed, you know. If I want Spirit changes that doesn't stop me thinking "Hmm Wraith is weak".

    @Crowman said:

    People asking for Spirit nerfs just want easier games not to buff weaker killers.

    I'm a killer main, and when I play survivor I love facing Huntress, Billy, and Nurse. Even Hag can be hilarious and terrifying and hilariously terrifying. They're also all incredibly strong killers. They're a blast to go against and I wish more killers would be like them- strong but they provide a significant amount of visual and auditory feedback to ensure survivors can react quick enough.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587374#Comment_1587374

    When you're not in the dreamworld he's a basic m1 killer...that can teleport across the map and that is invisible until he's near you :P Realistically though, you're going to spend most of the match asleep because you fall asleep very quickly against him and waking up is hard to do.

    If you view Freddy as balanced that's fine, but my point is that he should be nerfed regardless if he's well above average compared to other killers. The only real way to maximize game balance is to minimize the gap between the strongest and weakest killers, then to buff the survivor or killer side overall so that average killers are at a good level of strength. If average killers are balanced and the gap between the best and worst killers is small, all killers should be reasonably well balanced.

    Sleep tight. Look out for Freddy :D

    I think the way to maximize game balance is to buff solos to SWF level, and buff all killers. Otherwise it will NEVER be balanced

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    she as of now is the only killer in the game that gives no feedback which makes her especially demoralizing to play against.

    guessing right or wrong is not good gameplay if it was i wouldve not spent my money on this game and just flipped a quarter over and over for entertainment

    Why is it ok for most of the other killers in the game to have to play a guessing game, but when survivors have to do it, suddenly all hell breaks loose?

  • Loop-loop-loop, window, window, window...


    No need nerf Spirit !🤗

  • we dont want a nerf just a change to make her interactive in chase

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587151#Comment_1587151

    Why is it ok for most of the other killers in the game to have to play a guessing game, but when survivors have to do it, suddenly all hell breaks loose?

    Survivors don't stand still to M1NdGaM3, let alone turn invisible whenever they want and leave no traces or proof of what they're doing.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    There are far more killers that need help... pig, wraith, myers, trapper, legion, clown, etc etc...

    Playing these killers in red ranks are absolute nightmare, especially against SWF.. this is one of the reason why you don't see them in higher ranks.

    IMO the problem with these killers are far more important than just a spirit. If you are complaining spirit because you see her all the day, then buffing these killers will definitely help it in this case.

    I don't want a nerf, personally. I want a rework. But Clown and other killers should take priority. Some of them are near unusuable right now.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Nah I'm gonna keep asking for spirit changes to make her more fun and interactive. Like I'm gonna ask for slinger changes and pyramid head changes (and yeah, I'm a ph main).

    I'm also gonna ask for buffs to weaker killers in the meantime. I'll advocate for buffing solo-q people and fixing matchmaking.

    People can want several things to be fixed, you know. If I want Spirit changes that doesn't stop me thinking "Hmm Wraith is weak".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587133#Comment_1587133

    I'm a killer main, and when I play survivor I love facing Huntress, Billy, and Nurse. Even Hag can be hilarious and terrifying and hilariously terrifying. They're also all incredibly strong killers. They're a blast to go against and I wish more killers would be like them- strong but they provide a significant amount of visual and auditory feedback to ensure survivors can react quick enough.

    Oh man Karu glad your here I've never seen people generalize survivors this much. Didnt know wanting a spirit nerf meant not wanting to buff the weak guys.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    There are far more killers that need help... pig, wraith, myers, trapper, legion, clown, etc etc...

    Playing these killers in red ranks are absolute nightmare, especially against SWF.. this is one of the reason why you don't see them in higher ranks.

    IMO the problem with these killers are far more important than just a spirit. If you are complaining spirit because you see her all the day, then buffing these killers will definitely help it in this case.

    Ms blueberry she gotta take that nerf. Only killer who lacks proper feedback even PH and slinger have it. Slingers is quick but it's there and PH he puts his sword in the ground.

    Why is the blueberry the only one who has no feed back?

  • Stridor Spirit definitely needs some kind of nerf. You are pretty much helpless against that.

  • Spirit is way too OP. There is literally little to no counter to her. I am a nurse main rank 1 and I never play her because she is too easy.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587387#Comment_1587387

    Oh man Karu glad your here I've never seen people generalize survivors this much. Didnt know wanting a spirit nerf meant not wanting to buff the weak guys.

    Yeah I didn't realise that one either but I guess it does?

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587151#Comment_1587151

    Why is it ok for most of the other killers in the game to have to play a guessing game, but when survivors have to do it, suddenly all hell breaks loose?

    what guessing game are you playing? ds? just respect it. unbreakable? don't slug i cant think of any more also these can only be used once and not in chases they arent comparable

  • No, Spirit definitely needs a nerf. She's very easy to pick up and dominate with--it takes almost nothing to learn her, despite being insanely powerful.

  • Playing against a spirit with a good headset and stridor is a nightmare. I don't care if they nerf her or not but I'm entitled to my opinion that she's awful to play against.

  • Some killers being underpowered does not justify others being overpowered.

    A huge amount of people don't play killer just to play killer, they play it because they like specific killers. Spirit being overpowered doesn't make my killer experience more enjoyable because I don't like Spirit, and I don't feel the need to play her regardless of who I'm against.

  • Only if you stop complaining about every single thing survivor have or can do.

  • This thread: "please don't nerf my cheasy-mode crutch".

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587145#Comment_1587145

    I know.. i have been here for more than 2 years.. it's just make me sad that there are so many posts about nerfing spirit just after billy rework, and so few people actually understand that weaker killers should have higher priority than a single stronger killers...

    literally nobody wanted billy nerfed idk what ur on m8

  • @OmegaXII said:

    There are far more killers that need help... pig, wraith, myers, trapper, legion, clown, etc etc...

    Playing these killers in red ranks are absolute nightmare, especially against SWF.. this is one of the reason why you don't see them in higher ranks.

    IMO the problem with these killers are far more important than just a spirit. If you are complaining spirit because you see her all the day, then buffing these killers will definitely help it in this case.

    Going against a good spirit with stridor + other good perks and addons is also a nightmare and has pretty much zero counter play.

    Yes, a lot of killers need help. Does that make spirit a non issue? No, it doesn't.

    Buffing other killers won't decrease the amount of spirit killers that much because they will never be as powerful as spirit. People will still play as her a lot because she requires way less skill compared to other killers (to become really good at).

    So how about we don't ignore any of the problems and ask them to buff the weak ones and nerf/change the broken or annoying ones? Ignoring spirit just because other killers are weak is just being biased.