Option To Have Crossplay for Just Consoles

Please BHVR can we have the option to just crossplay with consoles, or at least improve the FPS on Xbox, PS4 and Switch. It’s bad enough that we have to play against KB & M but the frame rate just doesn’t compare between platforms. One or the other please.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @PAS_Spin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534753#Comment_1534753

    50 FPS is the max, my PC that can run DOOM Eternal on max can't get over 30 on the new map if I'm not standing still, optmization is a dev related issue, not a platform one

    That it is a dev issue is very true. Still, console suffers more from this than pc.

  • @PAS_Spin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534639#Comment_1534639

    PC and Console survivors(no matter the rank) are mostly the same, barely any difference, killers too up to purple ranks, a purple rank killer on PC is way better than a purple rank killer on Console, nothing impossible, it's just now console survivors are getting matched with killers on their skill level

    If you dont want crossplay dont ask to ######### the PC players over, just disable crossplay on your end.

    Lmao what dude?, everyone is asking for this because console FPS is really bad, it would be hard to play vs someone with 60 FPS who could react faster to things.

  • @PAS_Spin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534766#Comment_1534766

    The exception, not the rule, most PC players have average PCs that cant get the up to 60 without running on low graphics

    you still can get more benefits. you can adjust graphics to see better. no, pc players can play on their own.

  • @Seanzu said:

    DBD probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for PC players, I really hope they don't cave in and give Console players the chance to cuck their lobbies.

    Thank you for your service I guess?

    We're also a large part of the community even if we're largely ignored - and I would much rather have console optimised rather than console only crossplay but that's probably not going to happen anytime in the near future - your queue times aren't the only or most important thing here.

  • I haven't had any issues. I just thought PC survivors would actually be good. Not trying to start a war, just saying.

  • @PAS_Spin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534639#Comment_1534639

    PC and Console survivors(no matter the rank) are mostly the same, barely any difference, killers too up to purple ranks, a purple rank killer on PC is way better than a purple rank killer on Console, nothing impossible, it's just now console survivors are getting matched with killers on their skill level

    If you dont want crossplay dont ask to ######### the PC players over, just disable crossplay on your end.

    I was only asking how it's going, nowhere did I state in my post it's unfair to cross play with PC players.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534611#Comment_1534611

    Thank you for your service I guess?

    We're also a large part of the community even if we're largely ignored - and I would much rather have console optimised rather than console only crossplay but that's probably not going to happen anytime in the near future - your queue times aren't the only or most important thing here.

    Both things can be important, not a single point in my reply do I say we're more important, but this is literally a "exclude PC from crossplay because it MIGHT affect us". Without giving it a try nobody will know, it's ridiculous.

  • @Seanzu said:

    DBD probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for PC players, I really hope they don't cave in and give Console players the chance to cuck their lobbies.

    Then you can have your game to yourselves. Why would ANY console player WANT to play at a disadvantage? It took me seconds to find the type of post I was expecting,. PC players who would ultimately be salty if this got changed to the way it SHOULD work because any and all PC players know they just got a MASSIVE buff across all areas and faster lobby times.

    Where are the PC players who KNOW this is BS?

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    Double FPS lol

    DBD on Console runs at 25 FPS.

    I run at 120 on PC, that's almost 10 times the FPS.

  • Xbox player, about 1200hrs, both sides but lots of survivin. I do not believe the narrative about rampant hackers and such, nor do I have any huge hang-ups about a mouse or not. My huge issue with Crossplay is the terrible optimization and frames console gets. The last two patches have made it far far worse, so much so that my Piggy is in semi-retirement.

    Whenever any status effect triggers frames drop to below 10fps, even Myers tiering up. Swing when you pop bloodlust, you weapon and/or your face hits a wall. Fast vault with Lithe and your down and magically transported to the killers side. Exposed pops and you run into a tree. Hit with Sloppy and you momentarily freeze in your tracks. You say PCers can struggle with 60frames, while consolers deal with 30 or less all the entity-lovin time.

    That's the real issue. Until something like a real optimization happens i want no part of full crossplay, and these threads will only grow.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534611#Comment_1534611

    Then you can have your game to yourselves. Why would ANY console player WANT to play at a disadvantage? It took me seconds to find the type of post I was expecting,. PC players who would ultimately be salty if this got changed to the way it SHOULD work because any and all PC players know they just got a MASSIVE buff across all areas and faster lobby times.

    Where are the PC players who KNOW this is BS?

    Because it isn't BS, it's baby players assuming something will be bad without even trying it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534845#Comment_1534845

    Because it isn't BS, it's baby players assuming something will be bad without even trying it.

    RIght the 10x framre rate the above poster just mentioned TOTALLY isn't an advantage. The sound difference, the stretch cheat options available. Totally aren't advantages you can INSTANTLY consider as.

    Also, its pretty clear anyone who does a task with their entire hand is going to be better at it then a person using their thumb.

  • We definetly (console players) need an option to turn off crossplay with pc

    It would make so much sense and nobody is hurt if you want it off or on, or change it to on or off sometimes!

    its dumb turn it off and play only with your platform

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534439#Comment_1534439

    Ffs that's not the point they were making, we're fully aware a large number of pc players are not gods or even particularly good, it's just we have the worst optimisation and terrible FPS (even worse than usual right now) I'm happy if there's no issues between pc and console players going against each other but there probably will be.

    There are too many players on Pc that are with low fps too, it's not only in consoles (i play on ps4 and Pc, and i had low fps in the two)

  • @Seanzu said:

    DBD probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for PC players, I really hope they don't cave in and give Console players the chance to cuck their lobbies.

    whats the point for saying that? its irrelevant

    now dbd has gone too far and there is not a really thing holding back to pc

  • @tsury said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534458#Comment_1534458

    There are too many players on Pc that are with low fps too, it's not only in consoles (i play on ps4 and Pc, and i had low fps in the two)

    Good point. I'll give it a try in any case

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    I don't think it's that unbalanced. Console killers are a little bit weaker than PC killers due to mechanical limitations (especially nurse, and now that I notice your name I think you might be a masochist). Survivors on the other hand, aren't as limited. If they optimize consoles better it should be fine.

    That's my exact thinking, really right now I wouldn't mind queuing with PC as a survivor on Xbox but bad FPS messes me up more than I would like. At least with console only matchmaking the FPS would be the same for everybody.

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    Better controls is purely subjective; and the FPS different doesn't make that much of a difference, especially because you're using a controller. I've got about 1500 hours on PS4, and over 3500 on PC.

    @Sinister0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    What people need to consider that is not just a mechanical (KB&M) advantage PC players have over consoles. Their version is far more optimized than console - a recent thread on FPS on consoles took 8 pages to get a Dev response so that they would just look at it.

    They also have more tools to that give them an advantage in the game. Dowsey made a video a few months back - where you can enable spatial sounds (Windows Sonic) on windows 10 and gain a distinct advantage. Link below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLy4uwyQTpU

    Then you have players who play on stretched resolution on PC to gain an advantage. Adetha's video below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szAzuH1uLB8

    I am sure there are other tools that PC player may use. I am not against crossplay between consoles and PC - but they need to be on a near level playing field before you can do so.

    It would be fair to have an option between consoles only available so that players can decide. Opting out of crossplay seems that your queue time may increase - as other console players may be matched instead with PC players (i.e. small matchmaking pool for platform only MM).

    Stretched res will be patched relatively soon I assume; and as for spatial sound, console have that same type of technology in them. Not sure what you're on about. KB and Mouse is only an advantage when playing killer. Not survivor. There's nothing you can't do with a controller when playing survivor that you can on a keyboard and mouse. Since you're not facing other killers when playing killer, that's a non issue. The only thing console survivors will need to get used to is that good Nurses, good Huntresses and good Deathslingers exist.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534433#Comment_1534433

    Double FPS lol

    DBD on Console runs at 25 FPS.

    I run at 120 on PC, that's almost 10 times the FPS.

    This right here!

  • The cross play system is literal garbage. There is no visible control over ranks or levels. Since rank reset I’m rank 8, I get rank 20s that are lvl 10-30. The killer is always red rank with p 3 skins and always pc players. This is getting ridiculous

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534433#Comment_1534433

    Double FPS lol

    DBD on Console runs at 25 FPS.

    I run at 120 on PC, that's almost 10 times the FPS.

    10 times? You might need to go back to first grade, bud. That's less than five times, so you're really exaggerating. It's still a big performance increase, of course, but people should be demanding that be fixed, not a matchmaking bandaid. Bad FPS will follow you into every single match forever, matching against PC players will likely rarely result in you noticing any sort of difference at all.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534846#Comment_1534846

    10 times? You might need to go back to first grade, bud. That's less than five times, so you're really exaggerating. It's still a big performance increase, of course, but people should be demanding that be fixed, not a matchmaking bandaid. Bad FPS will follow you into every single match forever, matching against PC players will likely rarely result in you noticing any sort of difference at all.

    Well, given that the FPS also drops in game to let's say 15 or even 13 it can still be 10 times.

    Indoor maps, FPS has the potential to drop to 10-15. On PC, I'm a firm 120, but indoor maps drops it to 60-90 FPS.

  • @bendermac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534433#Comment_1534433

    double the fps? pc can have like 8x the fps console has. I've seen pc players run dbd at 200fps.

    At the lowest setting and low resolution maybe but DbD has optimization problem everywhere including PC. But let's all agree that you guys (consoles) have it worst.

  • I'm surprised there is currently no way for console players to only pair up with other console players. It's either all or nothing, which doesn't really seem fair to them.

  • I'd rather them finally address optimization issues for consoles but if they can't they probably should just let console players play with each other as an option instead of play with everyone or don't.

    The console fps and memory leaks are embarrassing, this game has been on console this long and they haven't kept them at a stable framerate since console release smh.

    Console players have constantly been asking about the performance issues for years now.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534634#Comment_1534634

    I have 5000 hours and have played against less than 15 cheaters, this whole cheater narrative the console players on the forums have begun concocting is ridiculous.

    Being a player on both console and PC I can tell you there's no real difference to me , more skilled nurses when you do play against them or accurate huntresses but that's about the extent of the difference and it's totally possible for someone on console to be on the same level

  • Feels like a lot of you feel the same 😊

  • Make option not play with pc. At least you make stable 60 fps on console.Its stupid and unfair play against pc.I want play with another consoles but not against keyboard and mouse with better frame rate 🤔

  • Then go play something else.

  • Yup pc does have a clear advantage over console players and not to mention seems like they all just try to kobe and if they fail they let go.

    This is third match in a row.

  • As I console player I don't see myself at a disadvantage by using controller (killer or survivor.) I think cross play is great for this game. I'm also happy that there is more attention towards fixing console's poor optimisation. 😀

  • Doesn't hurt anyone to have individual choice. If console wants to play with PC, go ahead. If they don't want to, having the option to not hurts NO ONE.

  • @Emelia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/181875/option-to-have-crossplay-for-just-consoles

    I play on PC with gamepad. So basically any console player is superior to me, because for sure im not that good with gamepad in hand. How about that?

    Umm, what is your point?. We all understand not everyone uses M&K and not everyone is a god on PC but we just want the option collectively as a community, at the start a lot of people may turn off PC crossplay but I have no doubt people will re-enable it if the console experience improves.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Crossplay only between consoles with pc left outside would make sense, yes.

    But take a look at it from the devs' perspective: If they would do that, they would acknowledge that such an option is necessary because performance on console is on an unacceptable level. That's not going to happen.

    Not necessarily. It's not the devs fault that the fps is higher on PC then Console

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    Damn you told him.

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534439#Comment_1534439

    I take it you’re a PC player then. We want the faster queue times, but if you’ve even played one game on one of the consoles you would realise how bad the FPS is compared to PC.

    I played Xbox and while the lower FPS does not make the game as smooth as it is on PC, i have not had the feeling it would totally hinder my gameplay.

  • I'm really happy to see so many console players stand up for us. I thought only a small amount of people would say something. Honestly, we've been sh*t on a lot, so this is good! Don't stop!

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    Join the 60 FPS revolution!

  • just turn off crossplay now stop complaining

  • You know you can, like turn off cross play right?

  • I play on PS4 and PC. From my experience, yeah console players should definitely get the option to play with console only. All the PC players getting butthurt over this tells me they just want some ez games. And IF you, as a PC player, have friends on console you can still play with them.

  • I played a dozen games of cross play. I found wait times longer and teammates garbage. I will stick with my console plebs on this one and opt out. I'd play crossplay with Xbox and possibly switch only but if that isn't an option i will stick with PS4 people.

  • I doubt they'll ever implement an option where you can only queue with pc players. If anything they want ALL platforms to play with each other. I understand that PC players have advantage but it's kinda weird to just straight up remove PC players from cross play, don't you think? Anyways, as the mod stated, which I DON'T recommend.... you can simply opt out till they make it an option. Maybe with the reintroduction of MMR perhaps the console vs pc games won't mean much. Happy surviving/killing!

  • @HolyLadyGaga said:

    I doubt they'll ever implement an option where you can only queue with pc players. If anything they want ALL platforms to play with each other. I understand that PC players have advantage but it's kinda weird to just straight up remove PC players from cross play, don't you think? Anyways, as the mod stated, which I DON'T recommend.... you can simply opt out till they make it an option. Maybe with the reintroduction of MMR perhaps the console vs pc games won't mean much. Happy surviving/killing!

    If they want all platforms to play with each other they should even the playing field, don't you think? Improving the awful framerates for starters.

  • @Lemoniax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536250#Comment_1536250

    If they want all platforms to play with each other they should even the playing field, don't you think? Improving the awful framerates for starters.

    Are you attacking me or the developers? Like I said, I doubt they'll remove pc players from playing with console players. I apologize for your frustration.

  • @HolyLadyGaga said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536271#Comment_1536271

    Are you attacking me or the developers? Like I said, I doubt they'll remove pc players from playing with console players. I apologize for your frustration.

    I think you are getting this wrong.

    1. Nobody wants pc players "removed" from crossplay. Console players want the OPTION to just play with console. That doesn't mean any console player won't be able to play with pc anymore and vice versa.
    2. I'm not attacking you, no. The devs should very well know that optimization on console is just really bad. And even considering to let platforms like Switch go against PC is outrageous. PS4 and Xbox already are at a disadvantage, but Switch? You gotta be kidding me.

    I'm not frustrated. I play on PS4 and PC. And I know just how different the experience is. I'm just stating facts. And I'm certainly not alone with that opinion.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    I played a dozen games of cross play. I found wait times longer and teammates garbage. I will stick with my console plebs on this one and opt out. I'd play crossplay with Xbox and possibly switch only but if that isn't an option i will stick with PS4 people.

    I turned off cross play on ps4 after spending the day trying out crossplay. Wait times aren't as long as they were with it on and my teammates actual work together.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536233#Comment_1536233

    I turned off cross play on ps4 after spending the day trying out crossplay. Wait times aren't as long as they were with it on and my teammates actual work together.

    Pretty much my same experience.

  • @TheFrog said:

    You know you can, like turn off cross play right?

    Everyone knows the options but it's All or Nothing. The point of OP is to limit cross-play to just other consoles. On the flip side, why do PC players want to play against console player so badly? I mainly play on PS4 but I also play on PC, and I can tell you it's night and day. So the concerns are not unfounded that there is an advantage, just in the gameplay experience itself. I have almost virtually no issues on PC whereas tons of problems on PS4.

  • @TheFrog said:

    You know you can, like turn off cross play right?

    Nah, really!? I don't think anyone here knew that... Thank you for telling us!

1 2 3 4