Option To Have Crossplay for Just Consoles

Please BHVR can we have the option to just crossplay with consoles, or at least improve the FPS on Xbox, PS4 and Switch. It’s bad enough that we have to play against KB & M but the frame rate just doesn’t compare between platforms. One or the other please.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539259#Comment_1539259

    The more I see this, the more I see an excuse for "Oh man, PC killers can't be 360'd as much as controller killers! unfair!"

    Adapt. As someone with over 1500 hours on PS4 and 3500 on PC, I think you're just making an excuse for your losses.

    Pc op and no one want adapt for these. First of all Devs needed optimaze console and then unleash crossplay. Which point in unfair matches?

  • I agree.... I turned it off when Im survior because no way to survive PC too much of an advantage.

    Same thing happen with Fortnite and thats why population dropping.

  • I've been seeing posts on ps4 dbd groups saying that pc got nothing on them.

    I agree that consoles need a big optimization fix, if console could at least run 30 STEADY fps it could be a good experience but the massive drops is the reason why I changed to pc.

  • @darklinger said:

    Or add function play only with console lol

    People are making me spit out perfectly good tea lately! LMAO

    Oh the sarcasm of this is real. LOL Love it.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539176#Comment_1539176

    It's not even close to optimized on PC. I run a 2080ti and I get framedrops. The only reason I don't dip below 60 is because the card literally bruteforces it.

    Yeah, but... *More* optimized than console

  • Personally I see it as a way to assert myself as dominant over pc players. I personally don't have many frame rate drops, my problem is grabs not registering. Still, if pc players think they got a thing on me, I'm down to swindle them out of their socks.

  • First of all I don't have hate against one platform or another.


    I find there should be 2 checkboxes for crossplay. One box to be matched with pc. And one to be matched with consoles.


    PC - 1 pc only. 2 console.

    Console - 1 console only. 2 pc

    If none of the 2 are checked one can only play against the same platform

  • @Seanzu said:

    DBD probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for PC players, I really hope they don't cave in and give Console players the chance to cuck their lobbies.

    Yeah well the console community has been neglected for a solid 2 years now so I don't think you have much to worry about.

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536850#Comment_1536850

    Ikr, yet we have these morons that can easily turn off cross play if they don't like it with a click of a button

    The problem is that, like usual, the majority of the console community suffers regardless of the choice they make. You disable CP because PC players have a clear advantage over you? Well too bad now you have long queues. You play against them, the odds are going to be stacked against you nearly every game you play.

    Until something is changed and both platforms are on even footing , there should be some sort of middle ground for console players.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534611#Comment_1534611

    Yeah well the console community has been neglected for a solid 2 years now so I don't think you have much to worry about.

    What's your point? I'd rather they be included and get the updates they need, this is different, PC players have no choice in whether console players get the updates they need, but these posts are solely trying to exclude PC players by choice, big difference.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539529#Comment_1539529

    What's your point? I'd rather they be included and get the updates they need, this is different, PC players have no choice in whether console players get the updates they need, but these posts are solely trying to exclude PC players by choice, big difference.

    Yes, because the console community sure have gotten the updates they need to make the experience even somewhat smooth.

    Until both parties have a somewhat similar gameplay experience that doesn't put one at a distinct disadvantage, there should be some sort of middle ground. There would still be people that used regular CP, so PC would still have some form of increased playerbase and at the same time console would benefit from fair matches until changes were made to even the playing field.

  • never understand this i play this game on ps4 and steam guess what on both i use controller even with killer on pc i do fine,never been big on M&KB anyways.

  • Is anybody else finding that Crossplay can't be disable on PS4?

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539259#Comment_1539259

    The more I see this, the more I see an excuse for "Oh man, PC killers can't be 360'd as much as controller killers! unfair!"

    Adapt. As someone with over 1500 hours on PS4 and 3500 on PC, I think you're just making an excuse for your losses.

    I play killer 90% of the time, don't you think that a killer with 20fps playing against survivors with 60 (or even more) fps is unfair? I'm disabling crossplay sadly, I just don't think it's fair at all

  • I play on PS4 and i have some concerns about PC players, ultimately i must play against them for myself to draw my own conclusion but i am curious about all this, now i know that the way the world works is....it doesn't 😑 so I'm gonna humbly ask for something extremely heretical here, evidence. My concern is that i see all the things console players are complaining about (ex. cheating, keyboard & mouse, fps, optimization, etc) now some PC players have addressed the cheating aspect but for the most part when a console player complains about the other issues, PC players respond with something like 'stop complaining' or 'just opt out.' That is hardly making a good case. I personally would like to understand what PC players are saying exactly. Can any PC player please be kind enough to explain why console players are wrong here? i'm asking definitively and unbiasedly, is your PC optimized in any way (like the examples listed earlier) to give you an advantage in dbd? I am interested in hearing about all this as i am not a PC player and at the same time you'd be proving you're point definitively. Anyway, happy hunting


  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534439#Comment_1534439

    That's the point you are missing. Ps4 and xbox are console. Ps4 player and xbox players dont mind playing together. Many don't want to play with pc, aka not a console. Mostly for performance differences, but also the fact that pc mods and cheats exist. Trust me those will be the next posts. To many cheats and mods on pc end.

    @Sinister0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    What people need to consider that is not just a mechanical (KB&M) advantage PC players have over consoles. Their version is far more optimized than console - a recent thread on FPS on consoles took 8 pages to get a Dev response so that they would just look at it.

    They also have more tools to that give them an advantage in the game. Dowsey made a video a few months back - where you can enable spatial sounds (Windows Sonic) on windows 10 and gain a distinct advantage. Link below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLy4uwyQTpU

    Then you have players who play on stretched resolution on PC to gain an advantage. Adetha's video below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szAzuH1uLB8

    I am sure there are other tools that PC player may use. I am not against crossplay between consoles and PC - but they need to be on a near level playing field before you can do so.

    It would be fair to have an option between consoles only available so that players can decide. Opting out of crossplay seems that your queue time may increase - as other console players may be matched instead with PC players (i.e. small matchmaking pool for platform only MM).

    In the 1000 hours I have played on pc I have had 2 games that I know were cheats. There just arent that many dude. "mods" on pc? You cant modify the game to get a huge advantage thats also bannable.

    As people say turn it off if you dont like crossplay. Making "exclusive" crossplay an option is only gonna make you feel better, because I bet it will "bug" out and give you a ton of pc games still without you knowing it. In other words its most likely only gonna be asthetic and you will never know if it works as it should.

    30 fps vs 60 fps. One feels a lot better but it doesnt play better. The "advantage" at best is very small.

    Keyboard and mouse v controls. This one I get. But only for killers. Survivors is usually played as well if not better on a controller.

    Spatial + stretched advantages. This can give an advantage but I would again argue its really small (at least with spatial, I dont get much if anything out of it). Stretched I have no idea how many people do this. I would argue few but have no idea.

    As for optimization im assuming frame drops, lagging and the like. Yeah that one is a bummer and while it happens on pc its clearly not to the extent some people are claiming its happening on consoles (no one is making threads for pc). I would hope the graphical update includes optimization. But considering the devs dont tell us anything besides "we are aware and working on it" then I wouldnt hold my breath.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534491#Comment_1534491

    I've put like 800 hours into this game as a PC player. I've run into people clearly using cheats maybe 2 or 3 times. It's really a non-issue, and if you ever happen to come across a cheater, there's a handy dandy report button.

    The handy dandy report button that does practically nothing?

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    Exactly this! If there are people that also want to be match made with and against PC, they should be able to opt into that. I do agree with console only cross-play.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    You don't have to play against people from other platforms. You can opt-out of the crossplay feature if you go into settings and disable or enable cross-play platform play. This will match you up only with players from your platform, but that could in return increase your lobby time.

    It's not exactly the answer you asked for, but that way you can remain on your platform specifically.

    Yeah. My swf opted out and it took twice as long to find a lobby and we were getting dodged way more than usual. Takes longer soloing but more tolerable. Just switching crossplay off really isnt the answer. As soon as we went back to crossplay we started getting baby console players and utterly destroying them. Is that what yall console players want?

    Remove crossplay between console and pc. It's awful and clearly wasnt meant to be. Most pc killers will surely choose crossplay for the sheer fact they can play baby console survivors which means even more dodging.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534634#Comment_1534634

    I have 5000 hours and have played against less than 15 cheaters, this whole cheater narrative the console players on the forums have begun concocting is ridiculous.

    I also have 5k hours. Rarely EVER see cheaters anymore.

  • @Reaver_Raziel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534503#Comment_1534503

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534609#Comment_1534609

    In the 1000 hours I have played on pc I have had 2 games that I know were cheats. There just arent that many dude. "mods" on pc? You cant modify the game to get a huge advantage thats also bannable.

    As people say turn it off if you dont like crossplay. Making "exclusive" crossplay an option is only gonna make you feel better, because I bet it will "bug" out and give you a ton of pc games still without you knowing it. In other words its most likely only gonna be asthetic and you will never know if it works as it should.

    30 fps vs 60 fps. One feels a lot better but it doesnt play better. The "advantage" at best is very small.

    Keyboard and mouse v controls. This one I get. But only for killers. Survivors is usually played as well if not better on a controller.

    Spatial + stretched advantages. This can give an advantage but I would again argue its really small (at least with spatial, I dont get much if anything out of it). Stretched I have no idea how many people do this. I would argue few but have no idea.

    As for optimization im assuming frame drops, lagging and the like. Yeah that one is a bummer and while it happens on pc its clearly not to the extent some people are claiming its happening on consoles (no one is making threads for pc). I would hope the graphical update includes optimization. But considering the devs dont tell us anything besides "we are aware and working on it" then I wouldnt hold my breath.

    FPS issues on consoles are my biggest gripe to be honest. Killer feels horrendous since patch 4.10 - the devs have acknowledge this after a 9 page post.

    Enjoying the crossplay survivor experience so far.

  • @BDS22 said:

    Have you tried cross play out yet? Is it really that bad console players going against PC players? I haven't tried yet but I'm on PS4.

    I played about 10 crossplay matches today on PS4 today and the amount of lag was outrageous. After 3 matches on killer it became evident that the game was dropping too many frames for me to continue playing as killer so I swapped over to survivor. The frame drops and lag wasn't too bad as a survivor but I definitely noticed that I couldn't hide as p3 claudette against PC players (I'm guessing its cause their brightness is higher or because they're closer to their screens so they can see better). In my 7 games as survivor, my group averaged 2-3 gens before total team wipe when usually 2-3 of us escape each game. Though that not have anything to do with crossplay, I do think it's still a notable difference in play.

  • @Dito175 said:

    You cant speak for everyone, im quite happy we got it and i don't mind PC players at all.

    They aren't saying we shouldn't have crossplay with PC at all, they would just like the ability to toggle playing with PC players in addition to toggling crossplay. It's understandable that some people have friends on PC that they would like to play with, but forcing everyone to play against the vastly superior optimization available to PC players feels kind of s***ty. I personally have a couple friends I want to play with on PC, but unless I'm actively grouping with them I'd like to be able to stick with other consoles so that the playing field is more even.

  • @tabsocatso said:

    The cross play system is literal garbage. There is no visible control over ranks or levels. Since rank reset I’m rank 8, I get rank 20s that are lvl 10-30. The killer is always red rank with p 3 skins and always pc players. This is getting ridiculous

    It's because PC killers are picking up the slack for your lack of console players lol.

  • @RelentlessShadows009 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534439#Comment_1534439

    The point OP is trying to make is we want more selective cross play. I'm on ps4, wouldn't mind playing against xbox player, not to keen on the pc aspect. It's not even the frame rates for me. It's thebpc players who use cheats. It's not all of them but I'd rather not even be near that.

    I have 4k hours in this game and I have never seen a cheater. You console players need to quit this fantasy that there are cheaters everywhere. It's just not true at all. Please stop spreading false information.

  • Cross-play has been very detrimental to the game thus far. I've had disconnects/afk's in every single game I've played since having it added. Most of the time it happens to people after getting hooked once or they'll just be in the game AFK from the start.

  • @Sinister0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539764#Comment_1539764

    FPS issues on consoles are my biggest gripe to be honest. Killer feels horrendous since patch 4.10 - the devs have acknowledge this after a 9 page post.

    Enjoying the crossplay survivor experience so far.

    Yeah thats fair I saw that ######### and hoping that the devs do something. But I honestly wouldn't expect anything before the graphical update. And then hoping that optimization comes with the new graphical update. But we will see.

  • I play on PS4 switch and PC and I can hold myself well. I don't have nothing to add other than just adapt.

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    What? I have seen practically no console players complaining about cross play against PC players. I play on Xbox and cross play is a God send. I do wish they'd optimize the game better for consoles tbh, but that another issue entirely

  • @Venzhas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1536919#Comment_1536919

    Uh nope

    I disabled CP on my PS4 and i find games pretty quickly

    We are a lot, more than you can imagine. Theres plenty people that dont want PC players with them thats simple :)

    If it's that simple why are there so many threads complaining about not wanting to play with pc players? xD I think our concept of simplicity are different. I just don't get the amount of complaints for a feature that can literally be turned off. And if your argument of finding games when opting out is true, doesn't it make complaining kind of redundant?

  • Just let us chat with the PC players. A chat box would be nice.

  • @Cabbage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534428#Comment_1534428

    We want crossplay, just not with a platform that has double the FPS and better controls. Most (not all) console players feel the same, where Xbox, PS4 and Switch have the same issues, where no one platform has an advantage over the others. Thanks for your suggestion though 😊

    The only side that has a disadvantage are killers limited by their controls survivor plays the same on pc and console

1 2 3 4 ›