What are opinions you have that greatly differ from everybody else?

I’m actually curious everyone, I wanna see what unpopular opinions brew within this community that others think is crazy and wrong


here is mine, SWF is completely fine imo, just friends playing together and having fun

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @rd_dex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1472193#Comment_1472193

    "We are a toxic community." I thought we were stating unpopular opinions. 😂

    Lol

  • Tbagging, flash clicking, slugging, camping and other in-game actions are not toxic.

  • The Clown is a good killer. Also the Hag needs a rework because her counters are a joke.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I’m actually curious everyone, I wanna see what unpopular opinions brew within this community that others think is crazy and wrong

    here is mine, SWF is completely fine imo, just friends playing together and having fun

    Clown is decent

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    DS is perfectly fine.

    BBQ is perfectly fine.

    NOED is perfectly fine.

    BT is perfectly fine.

    All survivors who complain about NOED don't do totems.

    All killers who complain about DS aren't good at the game.


  • Survivors and killer both have challenging roles and many of the people who main one continually underestimate the skills required for the other.

  • @Tricks said:

    As it has been scientifically proven that conscious thought affects physical reality on a sub atomic level if you stretch the science behind that just a little we might just actually all collectively pull each others realities into being one thread at a time simply by observing. (which both intrigues, excites and scares the crap out of me in equal measure).

    I don't know why this is or what it means that this is so if anyone knows please feel free to let me know.

    Cheers.

    I don't even understand what you mean by that.

  • @Almo said:

    The Princess Bride is not a good movie.

    Oh man, I'm really going to catch hell for this one.

    I agree, it was terrible. Watch Stardust instead, same concept, but way more entertaining. I will admit to saying "hello, my name is inigo Montoya, you broke my totem, prepare to die".

    To follow in your footsteps, Joker was a terrible movie.

  • Spirit is fun to play against.

    People who complain about tunnelling a lot are usually just mad because they’re not good at chases or they make dumb decisions and want to blame someone else.

    The reason so many killers camp is because most survivors feed it.

    Pop is overrated.

    Feng Min is the most annoying survivor.

  • Midwich and Dead Dawg Saloon are fun for both sides.

  • Putting tuna on Pizza is fine.


    Oh wait we're talking about DBD... OoO should be completely reworked or deleted.

  • Jane Romero is the baddest b****

    DS is healthy for the game, but needs to be reworked to truly be an anti tunneling perk (too often you can bait the killer to get you in a locker, or run into the killer on purpose for saving your team time on gens.)

    Devour hope is mega unfun to play against.

    Freddy is overtuned af

    Adrenaline is overrated

    Spirit actual takes skill

    Nurse is the most fun killer to face, whether its 4k at 5 gens or all gens done in 5 minutes.

    MEG AND FENG ARE OVERRATED AFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!1!!1

    BBQ is actual not that great of a perk if it didn't have the extra BP.

  • DS and NOED would be better as basekit features.

  • I like maps based on how well made they are, rather than whether they favour a specific side or are "balanced." The Game and Midwich contain so many references to the source material, cool atmosphere, and overall are my favourite places to go even if what I'm currently playing has a hard time there.

  • Monstrous shrine is a good perk.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Spirit is fun to play against.

    People who complain about tunnelling a lot are usually just mad because they’re not good at chases or they make dumb decisions and want to blame someone else.

    The reason so many killers camp is because most survivors feed it.

    Pop is overrated.

    Feng Min is the most annoying survivor.

    why is pop overrated? i'm not sure myself if it's that good but there is no better option.

  • @ZerLukas said:

    DS and NOED would be better as basekit features.

    been saying this for ages.


    people complain about tunneling and gen times. This corrects both.

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1472299#Comment_1472299

    why is pop overrated? i'm not sure myself if it's that good but there is no better option.

    Disclaimer: this is all just my opinion and based on how I prefer to play.

    It’s a mid/end game perk and if survivors separate on gens, its impact is lessened pretty significantly. Personally I feel like extra early game pressure is more important since late game should be when killer pressure is at its highest. It only buys 20 seconds of gen time per kick so you need your chases to be short to be worth it, and if your chases are all short you probably don’t need it. It makes you spend time kicking gens instead of chasing, so I just personally find it annoying to use. I’d rather use the new Ruin and be aggressive with chases.

    As survivor I don’t feel like I ever lose a game because of Pop. If one or two Pops are the difference between winning and losing I find that it’s because the Pop punished mistakes, but we have to make those mistakes in the first place. The only exception to this is Freddy who gets both short chases and gen teleportation, but that’s a whole different discussion. On most other killers I’d rather just run something else.

  • @SeantheHuman said:

    (Please Upvote! So that this may be seen by more peeps!) Now I understand that god damn is this a can of worms to open up and a SUPER LONG POST, I might get a lot of ######### but really, who cares? Just a game after-all. Also this post is NOT ABOUT WINNING. It's about making Fredrick more enjoyable too play as and play against.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So before I post this I just want to say that I Perfectly understand that reworking killers and survivors is a long and annoying process, what is fair and what isn't really is situational. So yeah, I don't expect changes and the game is already quite great, thanks devs for the great game and I hope too see more content of-course, in the future!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Power: Dream Demon

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    What this does is slowly pull survivors into the dream world, unlike before you had to find your victim, and then drag them into the nightmare, this would take a  few seconds and usually you would just follow right behind them until you could interact with them.

    Personally I know this was one of his biggest issues, that you had to drag them in and then be able to attack them, but I always really enjoyed this process, why?

    Because Freddy is nothing in the real world, he can't hurt you or even be seen/touched unless you were in the dream world. So mostly I would love to see this ability return with a bit of a change.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The First Change (the old stuff was way better than new stuff, ARGHH I'm old.)

    would mostly to bring back how Freddy interacted with Survivors in the first place, Being that in the awake world Freddy would be completely invisible, no micro-sleep or other additions, the only way to spot Freddy coming is his terror radius, then transition into his music and possible survivor addons.

    I do believe this is a LOT more complicated than I am giving it credit though, I know that when micro-sleep and specific distances were introduced, the devs seemed quite proud, and after all, it would be probably an annoying thing to remove, but like I may have mentioned before, Freddy's powers only work in the Dream World, until then he just..phases through you, so once he starts pulling you in, run.

    Of course to assist with this and support more juggling, right before the Survivor is drawn in, they could be given a quick rush of HasteTM, just to escape him temporarily.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Second Change

    Freddy's will is strong, stronger than one mistake to wake up. Instead of simply waking up after a one failed skill check, the survivor is forced to complete multiple, how the survivor is awoken also changes on how long until they can be put back into the Dream State, for example.

    Generator Failure - Five Seconds

    Woken By another Survivor - Fifteen Seconds

    Woken By The Hook - Twenty-Five Seconds when Unhooked (80 seconds is the most time it takes to heal)

    Woken by an Alarm Clock - Thirty-Five Seconds

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    States of Sleep for Survivors

    ==============================

    1 - Awake

    2 - Asleep

    3 - Deep Sleep (The Survivor can no longer be awoken by failed skill checks)

    4 - Nightmare

    (Do recommend how long it takes for survivors time wise, to fall into a deeper state of sleep)                    

    ↓ THIS SECTION IS MOST IMPORTANT ↓

    Once the survivor enters the Nightmare stage, His true power is shown, While working on Gens they may spew blood, showing his Reflection and allowing The Nightmare to Teleport to them (similar to Hag)

    Random objects (not gens, Maybe a red addon) may become blocked or not useable to the survivors in the Nightmare, Random Lullaby from any direction (not all the time, don't want to drive the Survivors insane.)

    And finally the survivor (though rare) may slump over and be transported to Freddy's underneath the school boiler section, where it acts as a temporary maze and item ground

    (Remember, People can take things FROM the dream). The only way to wake up is to be awoken by another awake survivor, or to find an alarm clock within the maze or real world. This last idea is probably the most far-fetched one but would be the most interesting and powerful part of New Freddy, After-all, this is a huge time staller and keeps people off gens, once a survivor falls into

    this state, Freddy can then find them slumped over and enter their dream, allowing him to follow and hurt that survivor, eventually whittling them down to the Dying state and Waking both of you up.

    If a survivor finds a slumped over survivor WHILE Freddy is in there, Freddy will be forced out and temporarily dazed (Flashlighted) for just a few seconds.

    The Deeper the Sleep of the survivor the Longer it may take to drag them back into the dream state again, so this way Freddy's just not Spamming it like crazy.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Third Change

    Besides that the Third Change would be that his power (instead of snares and pallets) would be to interact with objects of the fog and use the entity's will to block them (only in the dream world, of-course)

    from a short distance (can be upgraded through specific addons). See a dropped pallet the survivor is going to dash across? well just break it with the entity's will.

    This ability would be powered by how many asleep survivors their are, More asleep survivors means bigger and more powerful objects can be trapped,

    this would also be tied into the recharge time for the ability. The same animation as placing snares would most likely be used for this. Gens, Windows, Maybe Alarm Clocks?, and Dropped pallets are

    likely the only items I can see him being able to interact with, as long as Freddy has one item Trapped, it will remain trapped until he changes it too another.

    Could he interact with a Gen if a survivor is currently repairing it? Maybe, it would be pretty great if the gen is just *that* close to completion.

    1 survivor is Dreaming = Windows

    2 survivors are Dreaming = Pallets to break while down

    3 survivors are Dreaming = Generators

    4 survivors are Dreaming = Alarm Clocks

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Pros and Cons of Being The Nightmare. (This section is kind of a TLDR for people)

    Nightmare's Pros - The longer a survivor sleeps the harder it is too escape, Teleportation is still a thing, The ability too block objects in the Dream World has HUGE Game potential, The Nightmare Is Completely invisible to Survivors while they are awake, Alarm clocks are now more important, The Dream world is now more of an actual Threat for many reasons than just an annoyance, and Survivors are forced to Break gens and make mistakes too be able to escape early when caught in the Nightmare.

    Nightmare Cons's - Survivors are Gifted Haste very temporarily when pulled into the Dream World, no longer can Freddy teleport too any gen he desires, Being Awake as long as possible is a HUGE power for the survivors, Alarm Clocks are still an option, Old abilities such as Fake pallets and Blood Pools are Likely removed, and there is now a cooldown when a survivor (depending on how they woke up) can be pulled back in.

    If there are any I missed, please tell me.

    =============================================================================================================================

    These Changes are not made to make Freddy more or less Powerful, but instead to better capture the feeling of what it is like to actually face and play as The Nightmare.

    I don't expect these changes to actually...happen, mostly because of business reasons, most people already own the DLC and why improve on something that would likely not add to the company's funds. 

    I don't want too be seen as one of those people who just say "things were better back then!" Because that's not true, The Nightmare sucked for many reasons, and was more boring too survivors than now.

    The New Nightmare I want too see made is not too be a Copy paste of the original but rather a nice MIX of the Two Versions, with some extra features spliced on top for fancy effect and better strengths. I hope that one Admin or even someone from the DBD team

    even considers this idea, and maybe this last post I am going to make about it could be the answer.

    Thanks for listening and coming to my Ted Talk.

    sorry..is posting a link too annoying? I'll remove it if its a problem, of course.

  • Don't underestimate up the ante!

  • That the best place to play this game is on the toilet so when the killer scares me I can literally poop! ROFL

  • The new Pokemon games are garbage.

  • That there is no killer or survivor side.

    The game is one.

    The division is in you.

  • No killer is OP or broken.

    Decisive Strike is fine where it's at.

    DBD is balanced very well and is in the best state it's ever been in. I'm very optimistic for the future.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1472446#Comment_1472446

    Disclaimer: this is all just my opinion and based on how I prefer to play.

    It’s a mid/end game perk and if survivors separate on gens, its impact is lessened pretty significantly. Personally I feel like extra early game pressure is more important since late game should be when killer pressure is at its highest. It only buys 20 seconds of gen time per kick so you need your chases to be short to be worth it, and if your chases are all short you probably don’t need it. It makes you spend time kicking gens instead of chasing, so I just personally find it annoying to use. I’d rather use the new Ruin and be aggressive with chases.

    As survivor I don’t feel like I ever lose a game because of Pop. If one or two Pops are the difference between winning and losing I find that it’s because the Pop punished mistakes, but we have to make those mistakes in the first place. The only exception to this is Freddy who gets both short chases and gen teleportation, but that’s a whole different discussion. On most other killers I’d rather just run something else.

    thanks, maybe i try it out instead of PGTW. I only used Ruin together with PGTW so that i have an assurance. I don't like that it's a hex perk.

  • @Tricks said:

    As it has been scientifically proven that conscious thought affects physical reality on a sub atomic level if you stretch the science behind that just a little we might just actually all collectively pull each others realities into being one thread at a time simply by observing. (which both intrigues, excites and scares the crap out of me in equal measure).

    I don't know why this is or what it means that this is so if anyone knows please feel free to let me know.

    Cheers.

    Prepare to be face camped by the illuminati

    On a more serious note, the act of observing the state of a quantum particle changes the state of that particle. Until observed the state is a probability wave form. So yes, conscious thought directly influences sub atomic reality. The implications are mind boggling

    And to contribute to the thread, I really do think the dbd team at behavior has done a pretty good job so far. Mighty unpopular opinion there based on these forums but I love this game and love that the behavior folks still enjoy playing and discussing this obsession mine

  • Clown is the most underrated killer in the game

  • @Almo said:

    The Princess Bride is not a good movie.

    Oh man, I'm really going to catch hell for this one.

    😮INCONCEIVABLE!

    HERESY 50 lashes!


    prepare.jpg


  • I couldn't agree more with this comment, the devs catch alot of hate but the killers are fine people just dont like to change their playstyle , some people run the same build on every killer and expect the same results when in reality if you're not playing the killer right or using the right things to synergize you shouldn't win

  • Freddy is balanced and fun to play against.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    DS is perfectly fine.

    BBQ is perfectly fine.

    NOED is perfectly fine.

    BT is perfectly fine.

    All survivors who complain about NOED don't do totems.

    All killers who complain about DS aren't good at the game.

    Sorry but can’t really find the argument “If you think DS is too strong you are just bad” very compelling .-.

  • Spirit is fine

    jk can’t even joke ab it

  • SWF isn't Overpowered. It's just that solo survivors are underpowered

  • I don't find it frustrating at all playing against a killer with NOED. It actually comes into play very rarely in my survivor matches. And I also do every totem I found in my way.

    I much rather play against 10 Spirits in a row than 1 single Doctor.

    I despise Lery's on both sides, killer and survivor. [BAD WORD] that map.

  • Stridor on Spirit is a wasted perk slot, you can play her normally against Iron Will users and still win.

  • BT is weak and needs a buff so it is within a certain radius (32m) rather than terror radius, since stealth killers, Insidious and Freddy can completely ignore the perk and let the killer tunnel.

    Also if it was buffed to also give Endurance on yourself, when you get unhooked, it'd be a better and more fair anti tunnel perk than DS

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471787#Comment_1471787

    They can be. But there are situations where other killers would be preferable to Legion, and situations where legion is better than other killers.

    It might have something to do with the fact that I'm better with Legion than any other killer. They are also the only ones that I have gotten to prestige level 3 with.

  • 1. Looping is NOT an easy, braindead task. In fact, it is incredibly hard to learn for beginners. Same with kiting in general and juking. It's like the highest skill cap to become at least decent that I've ever seen in a game tbh.

    2. Dead hard is much worse than DS, BT and Noed, and is the only perk that DEFINITELY needs a change, maybe 3 tokens.

    3. As said, DS is not too strong. However, both, DS and BT, should activate when killer is in certain distance of the hook, not depending on TR.

  • Most SWF will play in some sort of toxic manor in red ranks. People want to just say they are just having fun with friends, but I rarely come across a nice SWF just having fun. Majority will BM or insult at the end of every round whether they escape or die.

  • Midwitch is one of the best maps they've designed in a while.

  • I think Trump and Bolsonaro are great Presidents! And i am sure only imbeciles agree with this.

  • The godfather is boring and bloated.

  • @Tricks said:

    As it has been scientifically proven that conscious thought affects physical reality on a sub atomic level if you stretch the science behind that just a little we might just actually all collectively pull each others realities into being one thread at a time simply by observing. (which both intrigues, excites and scares the crap out of me in equal measure).

    I don't know why this is or what it means that this is so if anyone knows please feel free to let me know.

    Cheers.

    Hi!

    I happen to have a Master's in physics, so I can discuss this a bit. Conscious thought does not affect reality on a sub-atomic level. This is a common misinterpretation of a fundamental rule in Quantum Mechanics: "observing a system changes its state". So people get the idea that by looking at something or thinking about it, they can change its state.

    Here's what really happens. Suppose there's an electron, and you want to know where it is. Just observe it right? And Quantum Mechanics tells us that observing it changes its state! BOOM right? Not actually. To "observe" an electron, you have to hit it with something (like a photon), and see what happens. So if you hit the eletron with something, its state will change.

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471911#Comment_1471911

    @Almo How dare you! Its a classic! When he poisons both drinks was funny but when she shoves him off the cliff and she figures out it him was pure gold! SHAME! It even had Andre The Giant!

    To be fair, I did genuinely like the poison chalice scene. :)

  • @Almo said:

    The Princess Bride is not a good movie.

    Oh man, I'm really going to catch hell for this one.

    good luck. good luck

  • Ghost mace not crusty

  • Playing Killer isnt stressful

  • There is no such thing as gen rushing. Its like saying the killer is kill rushing.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1471994#Comment_1471994

    Hi!

    I happen to have a Master's in physics, so I can discuss this a bit. Conscious thought does not affect reality on a sub-atomic level. This is a common misinterpretation of a fundamental rule in Quantum Mechanics: "observing a system changes its state". So people get the idea that by looking at something or thinking about it, they can change its state.

    Here's what really happens. Suppose there's an election, and you want to know where it is. Just observe it right? And Quantum Mechanics tells us that observing it changes its state! BOOM right? Not actually. To "observe" an electron, you have to hit it with something (like a photon), and see what happens. So if you hit the eletron with something, its state will change.

    A friend of mine that is a medical doctor cant accept that the observation itself changes the quantic dynamics.


    Just... i just wanna say that... disappointing.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    There is no such thing as gen rushing. Its like saying the killer is kill rushing.

    Yeah, survivors call that tunneling.

1 2 3