What is wrong with y'all?

Seriously dev's. What were you thinking? "Let's lock killers, but not survivors" yeah that's a great idea. How about we lock both... or neither. Why lock one side but not the other. I think this is one of the dumbest things the dev's have done in a while. Really hope this gets changed.

EDIT: some of you are missing the point. I'm not saying that the lock wasn't necessary. I'm saying that quick switching for survivors is still a thing. Survivors shouldn't be able to quick switch. It's been an issue for a while but instead of fixing it the dev's do literally nothing when they could have. Maybe I worded my post wrong but that's what I meant.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462784#Comment_1462784

    More lobby dodging = longer queue times for Survivors

    I guess well have to see cause i think its going to be fine

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462802#Comment_1462802

    I guess well have to see cause i think its going to be fine

    I mean, I don't ever lobby dodge, so this change ain't gonna affect me personally. I just roll with the punches.

  • Can you read?

    This change helps you by allowing you to use killers you're inexperienced as without going against toxic swfs

    Please read the whole thing before coming to the fourms to cry next time

    Ps: you can still change your perks and offerings in the lobby

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think its strange people are upset by this. The only thing thats changing is you have to pick your killer prior to searching for a match. It seems like you can still change perks.

    My only recommendation to tge devs is to lock items for survivors while theyre at it, maybe 30 secs before match starts.

    Why lock items the whole reason for last minute switching is to counter stuff like franklins. Killers see one flashlight and boom Franklin.

    Also on top of that is the survivors have heavily polluted blood webs so getting items is a big deal and on top if that we get a significantly LOWER amount of bp so we cant even level up a bloodweb after one game and on top of that we LOSE addons after escaping which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen and even killer mains ik agree that this change needs to be reverted.

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462647#Comment_1462647

    Probably because you could pick a killer whose power fits the items brought. If they bring a lot of medkits, I could bring Plague or Legion. If they bring toolboxes, I might bring Trapper or Freddy. Especially if I haven't unlocked a lot of perks for specific killers.

    If I go in as Deathslinger, for instance, and see a sweaty SWF, I can't just swap out to my silent Wraith. I have to leave the lobby. The way they want it, it feels like the devs are trying to push the 'casual' aspect they think this game is.

    If you see a sweaty swf why not challenge yourself and try to beat them with the killer you are using? Is that really hard for you i find alot of killer mains feel entitled to 4ks and any effort is unbalanced.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462708#Comment_1462708

    I know, right? Imagine someone being so unsure of their skills that they let the four survivors decide their killer choice for them.

    I agree with you 100% killers get scared when they see 4 beamers.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462737#Comment_1462737

    If you see a sweaty swf why not challenge yourself and try to beat them with the killer you are using? Is that really hard for you i find alot of killer mains feel entitled to 4ks and any effort is unbalanced.

    There's a difference between challenging myself, and being the target of a bully squad. I play to have fun, not to feel like crud by players who are only together to do just that.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think its strange people are upset by this. The only thing thats changing is you have to pick your killer prior to searching for a match. It seems like you can still change perks.

    My only recommendation to tge devs is to lock items for survivors while theyre at it, maybe 30 secs before match starts.

    It comes from the fact that restrictions are being placed on one side, and not the other. And that's unfair. Survivors would be voicing their opinions about it as well if the situation was reversed. It should be both or neither.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462647#Comment_1462647

    It comes from the fact that restrictions are being placed on one side, and not the other. And that's unfair. Survivors would be voicing their opinions about it as well if the situation was reversed. It should be both or neither.

    It's almost like the two sides function completely differently and need to be treated differently as a result.

    And FWIW, locking Survivors would not be treating both sides the same. Lobbies have never been intended to give Survivors the same information as killers.

  • Usual whining thread, nothing new here.

  • Why does almost no one understand that there is a good reson to lock it?

    Its for the MMR System but of course you guys complain.

    But i bet if they wouldnt do that you would continue complaining about MMR System.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462654#Comment_1462654

    I don't see how this helps killers. I queue as trapper I see maps, I think maybe I don't want everyone knowing where my traps are all game I'll switch out to someone else. Nope. Great.

    Its not the end of the world but seriously it's disheartening when they reduce functional choice.

    The reason you are locked is because that is that killer has seperate mmr skill ranks to others so when you que you que for that killers skill level not another which is why you are locked into that killer.

  • Oh hey, theres an exploit in the game files or an app that reads such gamefiles that tells the survivors the killer, better lock the killer for the lobby so he cannot swap it to negate said exploit. Wowee, so many people supporting those cheats by belittling the cocerns expressed. I'm impressed.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think its strange people are upset by this. The only thing thats changing is you have to pick your killer prior to searching for a match. It seems like you can still change perks.

    My only recommendation to tge devs is to lock items for survivors while theyre at it, maybe 30 secs before match starts.

    The issue that I have with it is that survivors aren't locked. Killers can change their perks... sure. But survivors can still quick switch and killers still can't do anything about it. What they need to do is lock killers and lock survivors also.

  • @OBX said:

    Good lord. I’m 95% of the time on the side of killers, but there are a bunch of whining killers about this. Being paired against lower skilled (game knowledge, perks, items, moment etc) and still finding a reason to whine is beyond belief. Give up killer and play handheld survivor.

    I'm not a killer main. Excuse me for pointing out something that I find to be an issue and expressing my opinions.

  • @megdonalds said:

    Usual whining thread, nothing new here.

    There's lovely things called opinions.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think its strange people are upset by this. The only thing thats changing is you have to pick your killer prior to searching for a match. It seems like you can still change perks.

    My only recommendation to tge devs is to lock items for survivors while theyre at it, maybe 30 secs before match starts.

    Resident Doctor Main here,

    I think 10-15 seconds before a match starts is a bit more fair for when a hypothetical add-on lockout would occur. Sincerely,

    Resident Doctor Main

  • @Nickeh said:

    Imagine being mad at devs for making a change that actively helps killers.

    Keeping survivors locked doesn't do anything because survivors are just skins, killers are actual different playstyles.

    Quick switching. Survivors can still quick switch and the killer can't really do much against it. I never said that killers shouldn't be locked. Im saying that survivors should be locked too because of quick switching.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462663#Comment_1462663

    What if survivor items weren't shown at all in the lobby?

    Part of playing killer is having more info than the survivors at the start of the match.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462647#Comment_1462647

    It comes from the fact that restrictions are being placed on one side, and not the other. And that's unfair. Survivors would be voicing their opinions about it as well if the situation was reversed. It should be both or neither.

    Well survivors should be able to switch their items based on what they see others running, but i agree it would be good if it locked them 30 seconds before it started so the killer can adjust their build if necessary. Tye change was made though so their can be killer specific skill rankings which I think is good. Theres no way for them to do killer specific matchmaking without locking you into tye kilker beforehand.

  • killers already do it, sooo?

    Btw how many 4 man flashlight squad do you against.....?

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462673#Comment_1462673

    killers already do it, sooo?

    Btw how many 4 man flashlight squad do you against.....?

    This will make it happen more, which is bad.

  • @nicknack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462674#Comment_1462674

    The reason you are locked is because that is that killer has seperate mmr skill ranks to others so when you que you que for that killers skill level not another which is why you are locked into that killer.

    I understand the reasoning behind it. But lets look at the pragmatic outcome. While the effect is probably going to be minimal, there will be those that last minute switch to 4x blendette or 4x matching skin survivor with keys and tool boxes in order the maximize advantage. Again no skin of my nose but I reckon the lobby dodging on killer end is going to spike as a result, as are DC's. We'll have to wait and see though.

  • fair enough, but we have to see

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462925#Comment_1462925

    There's a difference between challenging myself, and being the target of a bully squad. I play to have fun, not to feel like crud by players who are only together to do just that.

    Yeah that's understandable but still you never know if you will win if you dont try

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173705/what-is-wrong-with-yall

    If the system actually works I’m very happy that I can finally learn nurse against survivors that aren’t red rank. I just don’t understand the issue here. Let’s take nurse out of the equation for a moment...... let’s say I main Trapper (any basic M1 killer) but I want to learn wraith (another basic M1). Even if survivors at lower MMR have 4 flashlights the fact that I’ve been at red ranks for so long and know tiles/movement etc means it’s going to be a slaughter anyway.

    The biggest issue is the existence of a cheat survivors can use to determine what killer they're going up, etc.

    While this is supposedly fixed in the update, I get the feeling a lot of people aren't exactly confident in BHVR's capabilities. And locking survivor loadouts similar to locking-in killers could fix the issue.

    Personally I'm just hoping they've fixed the log encryption, so this isn't an issue anyways. Force locking survivor loadouts would likely do little beyond encourage even more SWF groups to guarantee compatible and complimentary loadouts. And that seems like a really bad outcome when the initial encryption fix might fix the issue without a lock becoming necessary.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462673#Comment_1462673

    Not really. How often do you honestly come across a full flashlight squad? I play every day and see that maybe a couple times a week. And if youre that worried about it, inlock lightborne or learn to play around flashlights. Half the time theyre super predictable anyway

    Or just look at a wall while picking them up OR bait them stand above the survivor for a bit, if they are in a bad spot to flashlight they'll run before you pick them up and voila turn and spank em

  • @Athanar90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462666#Comment_1462666

    Part of playing killer is having more info than the survivors at the start of the match.

    That's my point, killer already gets more information than survivor. I think it's funny people want the information the way they want it and when they want it or else it's unfair.

  • Do people not understand why it's a bad idea to lock it?

    Like...seriously? Do they not know?

    Reason.PNG


  • Dont worry survivors ... They will have something equally stupid planned for you, different, but just as stupid, in the future and then you will have to make your own thread like this. Imagine only 2 perks of a kind per match or some such nonsense. Honestly this really doesn't do much to my playstyle. I have 3 primary killers I use and they feed my other killers / survivors blood points. I never make decisions about my killer based on the group, only what I want to play at the time.

  • I am kinda annoyed by this, yeah.

    Sometimes i forget to activate the next challenge in the Tomes.

    If it's a specific Killer challenge, i'll have to back out and change.

    It's just a few clicks so it's not a big deal, but it's still more clicks.

    Also waiting times might make it more annoying.

  • @Nickeh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1463272#Comment_1463272

    That's my point, killer already gets more information than survivor. I think it's funny people want the information the way they want it and when they want it or else it's unfair.

    Killer is MEANT to get that info. It was designed that way intentionally, that all the info belongs to the killer, not survivors. Take away that info and you take away part of the power in a game that already favors survivors at the top levels.

  • @Athanar90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465106#Comment_1465106

    Killer is MEANT to get that info. It was designed that way intentionally, that all the info belongs to the killer, not survivors. Take away that info and you take away part of the power in a game that already favors survivors at the top levels.

    Ditto.

  • its something many aked for, actually.

    from what ive heard, you are getting individual rankings for each killer, therefore you can now learn new killers without going up against top tier survivors with them.


    i would just like them to apply the same to the survivor side.

    the killer has to select their killer (and with that the power) prior to the trial and so should survivors. there should not be any switching between survivors / items while in the lobby to allow the killer to prepare accordingly to the match.

    Add Ons and perks however should be changable of course - character and "power" however shouldnt.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think its strange people are upset by this. The only thing thats changing is you have to pick your killer prior to searching for a match. It seems like you can still change perks.

    My only recommendation to tge devs is to lock items for survivors while theyre at it, maybe 30 secs before match starts.

    I like that idea but they can have that item on diffrent character so you would have to lock the surivor and item as well so they cant do that

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462647#Comment_1462647

    I like that idea but they can have that item on diffrent character so you would have to lock the surivor and item as well so they cant do that

    Fair point

  • With how they changed it it shouldn’t matter if surv switch or not. Your killer will get tailored survs for your skill with that killer. So if you’re getting switchies then you should be okay with that killer.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Can you read?

    This change helps you by allowing you to use killers you're inexperienced as without going against toxic swfs

    Please read the whole thing before coming to the fourms to cry next time

    Ps: you can still change your perks and offerings in the lobby

    Can you read? I'm mainly talking about survivor quick switching.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    its something many aked for, actually.

    from what ive heard, you are getting individual rankings for each killer, therefore you can now learn new killers without going up against top tier survivors with them.

    i would just like them to apply the same to the survivor side.

    the killer has to select their killer (and with that the power) prior to the trial and so should survivors. there should not be any switching between survivors / items while in the lobby to allow the killer to prepare accordingly to the match.

    Add Ons and perks however should be changable of course - character and "power" however shouldnt.

    That's the point that I tried to get across.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462882#Comment_1462882

    Can you read? I'm mainly talking about survivor quick switching.

    Ok? But thats completely unrelated to killer switching.

    Killers cant switch because of matchmaking. Survivors quick switching dosent affect matchmaking at all.

    I agree its an issue but its a not at all related to killers switching

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465944#Comment_1465944

    Ok? But thats completely unrelated to killer switching.

    Killers cant switch because of matchmaking. Survivors quick switching dosent affect matchmaking at all.

    I agree its an issue but its a not at all related to killers switching

    It is. If killers can't switch then why can survivors. The dev's finally had the perfect opportunity for a survivor lock and they didn't do anything about it.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466307#Comment_1466307

    It is. If killers can't switch then why can survivors. The dev's finally had the perfect opportunity for a survivor lock and they didn't do anything about it.

    Becasue Survivors are just skins.

  • If a survivor quick switches... the killer can't react. If you understand what quick switching is then you should understand where I'm coming from right?

  • The biggest problem is on pc there is an app to see who the killer is so say it’s a doctor all they have to do is throw on calm spirit after they see that and you can’t last second swap to avoid this

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466335#Comment_1466335

    If a survivor quick switches... the killer can't react. If you understand what quick switching is then you should understand where I'm coming from right?

    Yes i understand where your coming from and that its an issue but imo its not related to killer switching.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466396#Comment_1466396

    Yes i understand where your coming from and that its an issue but imo its not related to killer switching.

    It's not necessarily related. But I think quick switching is something that dev's need to address.

  • @Athanar90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462647#Comment_1462647

    What if you're going up against a flashlight squad and the killer you picked doesn't have Lightborn or Franklin's?

    Killers shouldn't even be shown survivors prior to the match anyways. It's so silly that they can even see survivor's items.

    It should just load you right into a game.

  • @Athanar90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462647#Comment_1462647

    What if you're going up against a flashlight squad and the killer you picked doesn't have Lightborn or Franklin's?

    Sike i got all perks on all killers!

  • @nicknack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462674#Comment_1462674

    The reason you are locked is because that is that killer has seperate mmr skill ranks to others so when you que you que for that killers skill level not another which is why you are locked into that killer.

    Oh that's how it works? Okay I was wondering about this whole locking killers thing.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Do people not understand why it's a bad idea to lock it?

    Like...seriously? Do they not know?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7M7HOX81JLFE/reason-png.png

    Oh my goodness.. that's so annoying. Man, people will find any way to get an advantage even if it means cheating. It's disgusting.

1 2 3