A lot of people targeting Spirit now that Billy is nerfed...

In my opinion Billy didn’t need to be nerfed, and neither does Spirit. Billy WAS the most balanced Killer in the game, now he’s just meh. But, I actually enjoy Spirit games. It’s fun trying to figure out where she’s gonna mind game you post-phase. Pleaseeeee, don’t start witch-hunting her. If you have different feelings about both Killers than mine, feel free to post here and we can have a debate/discussion.

Comments

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437658#Comment_1437658

    Most of her skins have a sparkling to them when she phrases..its odd

    Well if you'd love to point it out to me- bearing in mind my eyesight is #########- then please do. I'll gladly hop into a KYF game to test it but if it takes more than 2 seconds to see it's hardly a "counter".

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437750#Comment_1437750

    Well if you'd love to point it out to me- bearing in mind my eyesight is #########- then please do. I'll gladly hop into a KYF game to test it but if it takes more than 2 seconds to see it's hardly a "counter".

    She has little sparkling lights on her body when she phases..at leaet I've noticed them when watching a spirit whole slugged..its like looking at the stars..little glowing dots as if she were covered in glitter..I know her base and newest skin for sure have it

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437982#Comment_1437982

    She has little sparkling lights on her body when she phases..at leaet I've noticed them when watching a spirit whole slugged..its like looking at the stars..little glowing dots as if she were covered in glitter..I know her base and newest skin for sure have it

    I've never seen them ever, which is a shame. Guess it's probably my eyesight, in which case it's not much of a counter for me.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437992#Comment_1437992

    I've never seen them ever, which is a shame. Guess it's probably my eyesight, in which case it's not much of a counter for me.

    Maybe..although I made a post a bit ago on these topics..maybe that idea would be a good middle ground

  • If any killer actually deserved the next nurse treatment, it should've been spirit. Billy has been a good boi and his species have been going extinct. I rarely see him in red ranks anymore, especially good ones.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437637#Comment_1437637

    What do survivors do that's skillfully demanding in their obj? Be honest..nothing..only against these higher up killers do they even have to adapt to anything...

    Running from the killer. That's honestly the hardest thing in the game (including chasing survivors as killer) if you're solo que. You have to know where to loop, what angles to take, how to trick the killer, when the killer is trying to trick you, what walls you can glimpse the killer through, what walls the killer can glimpse you through, how to break LoS effectively (although that was made borderline easy by the chase music overwhelming survivors footsteps instead of muddying them), what pallets are good to play, what are unsafe, how to run and loop whilst looking behind you, how to plan your entire route in a split second, how and when to conserve pallets....

    And that's without getting in to chase perks.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437748#Comment_1437748

    Running from the killer. That's honestly the hardest thing in the game (including chasing survivors as killer) if you're solo que. You have to know where to loop, what angles to take, how to trick the killer, when the killer is trying to trick you, what walls you can glimpse the killer through, what walls the killer can glimpse you through, how to break LoS effectively (although that was made borderline easy by the chase music overwhelming survivors footsteps instead of muddying them), what pallets are good to play, what are unsafe, how to run and loop whilst looking behind you, how to plan your entire route in a split second, how and when to conserve pallets....

    And that's without getting in to chase perks.

    Right... play nurse..then you'll know what hard is my friend

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1438993#Comment_1438993

    Right... play nurse..then you'll know what hard is my friend

    I do play Nurse. Quite a bit, actually, I've been trying to get good with her since I, like many others, stopped playing her after the nerf. And honestly, the only difficult part about nurse is her mechanics, her actual gameplay is as simple as ever and once you know where your blinks are going she is still quite easy if you know what you are doing because you control everything in the chase.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439023#Comment_1439023

    I do play Nurse. Quite a bit, actually, I've been trying to get good with her since I, like many others, stopped playing her after the nerf. And honestly, the only difficult part about nurse is her mechanics, her actual gameplay is as simple as ever and once you know where your blinks are going she is still quite easy if you know what you are doing because you control everything in the chase.

    Do you now?

  • @Blueberry said:

    It's because it's easier to post on forums complaining or watch youtubers/streamers than it is to try and learn and adapt. Many people don't like having to change. Spirit has lots of counters that people refuse to do. Not to mention one of her strongest counters is literally already a hard meta perk that's ran by almost everyone anyway.

    Change comes with new killers each chapter. Radically remaking past ones will piss people off. Once they have been released for months only minor changes should be made.

  • Spirit was and will be always a problem.

    Btw people are not happy with spirit since the release and that has nothing to do with the billy change. If any killer needs a complete rework than its spirit for sure.

    Stop always defending this braindead, 0 skillcap killer. She is not healthy for the game

  • @caz_ said:

    Spirit was amd will be always a problem.

    Btw people are not haply with spirit simce the release and that has nothing to do with the billy change. If any killer needs a complete rework than its spirit for sure.

    Stop always defending this braindead, 0 skillcap killer. She is not heallthy for the game

    Take a chill pill.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean, Billy I agree with, he doesn't need a nerf. Add-ons, definitely, but base-kit didn't need to be changed at all.

    Spirit though- I've had a vendetta against her for ages. I'll never not complain about her until she becomes fun to face.

    that what people said about nurse add on needed looking but they ended up changing her base kit look now billy i wonder sometimes.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437392#Comment_1437392

    that what people said about nurse add on needed looking but they ended up changing her base kit look now billy i wonder sometimes.

    You say that like I'm not well aware of what happened to Nurse and Billy. Op mentioned Billy and so I put in my thoughts- the basekit nerf wasn't justified but the add-on changes were.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439281#Comment_1439281

    You say that like I'm not well aware of what happened to Nurse and Billy. Op mentioned Billy and so I put in my thoughts- the basekit nerf wasn't justified but the add-on changes were.

    sorry didn't mean it that way

    what i saying i'm wondering like this going to be a trend for the dev killer need they add on looked at they end up getting the base kit messed with.

  • Yes, and I am still rather amused by your various implications. Perhaps you should review your preconceptions regarding balance issues and people's responses.

  • The difference is that Billy didn't need a nerf and literally nobody was asking for it.

    Spirit needs one and everyone asks for it.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439286#Comment_1439286

    sorry didn't mean it that way

    what i saying i'm wondering like this going to be a trend for the dev killer need they add on looked at they end up getting the base kit messed with.

    If they do anything to Huntress but fix her hatchet hit boxes (properly this time) imma actually cry.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437982#Comment_1437982

    She has little sparkling lights on her body when she phases..at leaet I've noticed them when watching a spirit whole slugged..its like looking at the stars..little glowing dots as if she were covered in glitter..I know her base and newest skin for sure have it

    From what I've seen they're only really visible from being very close to her, which means she'll probably hit/down you anyway. If it were visible from a farther distance then it could be considered a good indicator.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439298#Comment_1439298

    If they do anything to Huntress but fix her hatchet hit boxes (properly this time) imma actually cry.

    most like they do making me cry at this point.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean, Billy I agree with, he doesn't need a nerf. Add-ons, definitely, but base-kit didn't need to be changed at all.

    Spirit though- I've had a vendetta against her for ages. I'll never not complain about her until she becomes fun to face.

    Honestly I play on console and don't get me wrong I think she requires skill to use, but I only have her at level 17 and maybe about 2 hours of playtime and earlier today I completely destroyed a team of rank 1s. Her ability is extremely convenient to have and I understand why survivors want her nerfed. Bill though, like you said, the devs suck ass for what they did to billy.

  • Tall poppy syndrome. Once the tallest poppy is cut down to size the next one in line will inevitably pop into view.

    Just leave my beloved Freddy alone and we'll have no problems XD

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean, Billy I agree with, he doesn't need a nerf. Add-ons, definitely, but base-kit didn't need to be changed at all.

    Spirit though- I've had a vendetta against her for ages. I'll never not complain about her until she becomes fun to face.

    Define fun to face because all that means to me is loop you till the game ends

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437392#Comment_1437392

    Define fun to face because all that means to me is loop you till the game ends

    Yeah that's why I find nurse really fun to face isn't it cause you can definitely loop the nurse.

    Fun, for me, is being able to apply skills from both sides. Being able to use information you're given, or the lack thereof, to deduce something and react accordingly. Every killer has a tell to using their powers bar spirit. Every killer you can react to except spirit (and maybe slinger). Every killer I feel like I got well and truly outplayed by skill except spirit. With Spirit it feels like I guessed and guessed wrong, and guessing right just isn't satisfying. It's nowhere near as satisfying as predicting a blink from a nurse or a demo car tech.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439363#Comment_1439363

    Yeah that's why I find nurse really fun to face isn't it cause you can definitely loop the nurse.

    Fun, for me, is being able to apply skills from both sides. Being able to use information you're given, or the lack thereof, to deduce something and react accordingly. Every killer has a tell to using their powers bar spirit. Every killer you can react to except spirit (and maybe slinger). Every killer I feel like I got well and truly outplayed by skill except spirit. With Spirit it feels like I guessed and guessed wrong, and guessing right just isn't satisfying. It's nowhere near as satisfying as predicting a blink from a nurse or a demo car tech.

    If you wanna be real the game bends over backwards in it's core mechanics to make it easy as hell for survivors and that's not including perks buffs nerfs or loops so saying survivor and "skill" is a stretch that's not saying killers don't have gorilla tactics it just isn't as prevalent or the game actively punishes you for doing

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439395#Comment_1439395

    If you wanna be real the game bends over backwards in it's core mechanics to make it easy as hell for survivors and that's not including perks buffs nerfs or loops so saying survivor and "skill" is a stretch

    So you're telling me that my ability to run away from and hide from a killer takes absolutely 0 skill whatsoever and a rank 20 can perform as well as me regardless of hours put into the game? Gotchu, guess if I'm not No0b3 level of good then it's all the game's fault and not cause I lack skill.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439409#Comment_1439409

    So you're telling me that my ability to run away from and hide from a killer takes absolutely 0 skill whatsoever and a rank 20 can perform as well as me regardless of hours put into the game? Gotchu, guess if I'm not No0b3 level of good then it's all the game's fault and not cause I lack skill.

    depending on the map and if sounds are working which it's been on and off since 2018 and the warnings the game give you like 3rd person camera red glow heart beat long sightlines perks items hitboxes for both sides and sprinting after being hit it's pretty ridiculous that survivors lose . i'm not saying you yourself are unskilled or any individual I'm saying the survivor role itself is unskilled


    Edit: for example demogorgon is very loud and telegraphs everything if he gets a hit scream teleporting scream misses an attack scream and just stomps around the map while being tall and don't forget a sound que if he goes for a lunge but if you were to take away some of the sound ques while leaving him the same he'd be suddenly unfun to play against

  • Anyone remember when people said that they just needed to remove collision when phasing and then she'd be fine?

  • @Midori_21 said:

    Anyone remember when people said that they just needed to remove collision when phasing and then she'd be fine?

    I do

  • Imma got all out say it!

    A lot of y'all sound entitled and one sided! Do y'all ever think about why people main Spirit? Do y'all think about maybe playing Spirit and putting in the effort to learn Spirit, and play without Stridor or use Mother-Daughter Ring with Spirit to understand how to counter her?

    As a Spirit main, I main Spirit because I'm tired of 90% of the killer roaster being weak to looping, I'm tired of having to rely on the same tactics to deal with looping with the other killers.

    Looping might be fun for survivors, but it's not for killers. It not fun playing Wraith and winning or losing a match, just to turn around and have to use the same tactic with Pig, or Doctor, or Plague.

    I understand the problem with Spirit, but because of her uniqueness and her other very few unique brother's and sister's I feel they are keeping the killer community alive, if they weren't as unique as they are now, I'm pretty sure the killer community would be even smaller!

    But that's just my 2 cents, go ahead and cut me apart like Rin's father did her!

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1439231#Comment_1439231

    Yes, and I am still rather amused by your various implications. Perhaps you should review your preconceptions regarding balance issues and people's responses.

    Frankly your first statement made it clear you really have no idea..

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437992#Comment_1437992

    From what I've seen they're only really visible from being very close to her, which means she'll probably hit/down you anyway. If it were visible from a farther distance then it could be considered a good indicator.

    Maybe..or perhaps a momentary flicker when she finishes her wind up

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437392#Comment_1437392

    May I ask, just out of sheer curiosity and wanting to understand your POV why she is deemed unfun to you?

    a killer who ignores the main defense a survivor has with minimal feedback for the survivor to work with

  • A small change like that can make her less of a pain to face against.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437405#Comment_1437405

    Hello again. You’ve been freed from Jail :D (I think? Forgive me if that wasn’t you) YAY. But correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t her skin glisten kind of like a glittery type of aura around her when she phases? Or was this removed?

    She does but you have to be almost touching her to see that.

  • I'm a slightly above average killer, I get 4k's as Spirit completely disproportionate to any other killer spare for my main (Freddy), and it feels like I'm trying less with her than any other killer... just sayin.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean, Billy I agree with, he doesn't need a nerf. Add-ons, definitely, but base-kit didn't need to be changed at all.

    Spirit though- I've had a vendetta against her for ages. I'll never not complain about her until she becomes fun to face.

    This is part of the problem though, define fun to face?

    I think she's fine, it's nice having killers with different mechanics so every game doesn't devolve into a loop fest.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437392#Comment_1437392

    This is part of the problem though, define fun to face?

    I think she's fine, it's nice having killers with different mechanics so every game doesn't devolve into a loop fest.

    Said this earlier but:

    "Fun, for me, is being able to apply skills from both sides. Being able to use information you're given, or the lack thereof, to deduce something and react accordingly. Every killer has a tell to using their powers bar spirit. Every killer you can react to except spirit (and maybe slinger). Every killer I feel like I got well and truly outplayed by skill except spirit. With Spirit it feels like I guessed and guessed wrong, and guessing right just isn't satisfying. It's nowhere near as satisfying as predicting a blink from a nurse or a demo car tech."

  • Imagine thinking people have just now started complaining about Spirit. She needs a nerf and it has nothing to do with Billy getting a nerf. Chill.


  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440064#Comment_1440064

    Said this earlier but:

    "Fun, for me, is being able to apply skills from both sides. Being able to use information you're given, or the lack thereof, to deduce something and react accordingly. Every killer has a tell to using their powers bar spirit. Every killer you can react to except spirit (and maybe slinger). Every killer I feel like I got well and truly outplayed by skill except spirit. With Spirit it feels like I guessed and guessed wrong, and guessing right just isn't satisfying. It's nowhere near as satisfying as predicting a blink from a nurse or a demo car tech."

    ok I missed that and fair enough, but think of it this way, you can predict spirit by looking at the most optimal way for her to round the loop to get you. Try what would be a less optimal play with a killer who can see you and you may just escape. Its a different kind of mindgame that mixes up the current game state. If they change her to the usual then its just another killer to do the same loopy loop every other killer contends with.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437392#Comment_1437392

    May I ask, just out of sheer curiosity and wanting to understand your POV why she is deemed unfun to you?

    There's a great Scott Jund video where he goes over what can make a killer unfun to play against.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h10-JuLwEU

    She negates any skill a survivor has gotten over the course of their playtime and just boils down to a 50/50 at every pallet waiting for the survivor to either start leaving or stay around the dropped pallet. Both lead to hits 9 times out of 10. It's the same reason people find Freddy, Clown, and Deathslinger to be unfun to play against.

    All she needs to have changed is to actually have a visible change for when she starts phasing.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440068#Comment_1440068

    ok I missed that and fair enough, but think of it this way, you can predict spirit by looking at the most optimal way for her to round the loop to get you. Try what would be a less optimal play with a killer who can see you and you may just escape. Its a different kind of mindgame that mixes up the current game state. If they change her to the usual then its just another killer to do the same loopy loop every other killer contends with.

    Honestly she could still be like that but she just needs a reliable tell when she's phasing. Don't know WHERE she's phasing to, don't know how long she's phasing FOR, but just some sort of tell is all I need for now and I might stand a chance at having some fun.

    That and making stridor not work in phase. That too.

  • @Blueberry said:

    It's because it's easier to post on forums complaining or watch youtubers/streamers than it is to try and learn and adapt. Many people don't like having to change. Spirit has lots of counters that people refuse to do. Not to mention one of her strongest counters is literally already a hard meta perk that's ran by almost everyone anyway.

    "Hard counter" Are we going to pretend that every Spirit doesn't run Stridor?

  • Just bloody delete spirit and the rest of them.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437395#Comment_1437395

    There's a great Scott Jund video where he goes over what can make a killer unfun to play against.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h10-JuLwEU

    She negates any skill a survivor has gotten over the course of their playtime and just boils down to a 50/50 at every pallet waiting for the survivor to either start leaving or stay around the dropped pallet. Both lead to hits 9 times out of 10. It's the same reason people find Freddy, Clown, and Deathslinger to be unfun to play against.

    All she needs to have changed is to actually have a visible change for when she starts phasing.

    And he couldn't be more wrong about it.

    https://youtu.be/649MKTgX244

    So tired of the mimimi, no counterplay wahwah, jes you people would get demolished in any fighting game.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440086#Comment_1440086

    And he couldn't be more wrong about it.

    https://youtu.be/649MKTgX244

    So tired of the mimimi, no counterplay wahwah, jes you people would get demolished in any fighting game.

    I played mk 9 and mk x from it’s release to the release of mk 11 and I still actively play mk 11. I wouldn’t start pretending that fighting games are these glorious games that you need megamind skills to play.

    also, fighting game communities have some of the biggest whiners when it comes to asking for nerfs and changes. Take a chill pill.

    Spirit absolutely is unfun to go against though. Her gameplay loop boils down to stopping at a dropped pallet and staring for a bit before either phasing to get the hit or mind gaming them into revaulting the pallet negating any actual skillful play on the survivors part. The killer is a simple 50/50 killer with not real skillful counter play. I don’t think she needs a huge nerf. There just needs to be a visual cue for when she starts her phasing.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440281#Comment_1440281

    I played mk 9 and mk x from it’s release to the release of mk 11 and I still actively play mk 11. I wouldn’t start pretending that fighting games are these glorious games that you need megamind skills to play.

    also, fighting game communities have some of the biggest whiners when it comes to asking for nerfs and changes. Take a chill pill.

    Spirit absolutely is unfun to go against though. Her gameplay loop boils down to stopping at a dropped pallet and staring for a bit before either phasing to get the hit or mind gaming them into revaulting the pallet negating any actual skillful play on the survivors part. The killer is a simple 50/50 killer with not real skillful counter play. I don’t think she needs a huge nerf. There just needs to be a visual cue for when she starts her phasing.

    Yes cause the mk community consists of little whiners, also it is basicly dial-up game. Take another one.

    It is unfun for you, others enjoy going against her. You can keep the fun part completely to yourself and is utterly irrelevant as it was fun for most people to verse a billy and he just got gutted.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440311#Comment_1440311

    Yes cause the mk community consists of little whiners, also it is basicly dial-up game. Take another one.

    It is unfun for you, others enjoy going against her. You can keep the fun part completely to yourself and is utterly irrelevant as it was fun for most people to verse a billy and he just got gutted.

    the only thing people complained about with billy was his lame addons. He was a perfectly balanced killer. I main killer so spirit getting nerfed or not effects me just about 0%.

    I can still recognize when a killer is lame though and I’ve never met someone who thinks spirit is fun. You could provide an example other than “guess where she is with a flashlight” to show she’s balanced and fun.

    ”the mk community is little whiners” I think you meant the whole fighting game community. You go to any fighting game and people are begging for nerfs and whining about pointless things.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    I used to hate spirit but now that i main her i found out shes not really that hard to counter

    This. When you play her for a while it really does help you predict her next move.

    You’re only really boned if you’ve got nowhere to run but forwards.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440319#Comment_1440319

    the only thing people complained about with billy was his lame addons. He was a perfectly balanced killer. I main killer so spirit getting nerfed or not effects me just about 0%.

    I can still recognize when a killer is lame though and I’ve never met someone who thinks spirit is fun. You could provide an example other than “guess where she is with a flashlight” to show she’s balanced and fun.

    ”the mk community is little whiners” I think you meant the whole fighting game community. You go to any fighting game and people are begging for nerfs and whining about pointless things.

    Nope i do not mean the whole fighting game community. Don't see JDCR complain much or others. But w/e.

    Has nothing to do with guessing but predicting and misleading her or using how she works against her.

1 2 3