A lot of people targeting Spirit now that Billy is nerfed...

In my opinion Billy didn’t need to be nerfed, and neither does Spirit. Billy WAS the most balanced Killer in the game, now he’s just meh. But, I actually enjoy Spirit games. It’s fun trying to figure out where she’s gonna mind game you post-phase. Pleaseeeee, don’t start witch-hunting her. If you have different feelings about both Killers than mine, feel free to post here and we can have a debate/discussion.

Comments

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437405#Comment_1437405

    Hello again. You’ve been freed from Jail :D (I think? Forgive me if that wasn’t you) YAY. But correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t her skin glisten kind of like a glittery type of aura around her when she phases? Or was this removed?


    I know her hair stands up straight and remains that way while she's phasing but I think that's the only indication that she is phasing

  • @Kolonite said:

    Imagine thinking people have just now started complaining about Spirit. She needs a nerf and it has nothing to do with Billy getting a nerf. Chill.

    Imagine repeating the same thing in the same thread 5 other people have said.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437395#Comment_1437395

    There's a great Scott Jund video where he goes over what can make a killer unfun to play against.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h10-JuLwEU

    She negates any skill a survivor has gotten over the course of their playtime and just boils down to a 50/50 at every pallet waiting for the survivor to either start leaving or stay around the dropped pallet. Both lead to hits 9 times out of 10. It's the same reason people find Freddy, Clown, and Deathslinger to be unfun to play against.

    All she needs to have changed is to actually have a visible change for when she starts phasing.

    I watched that video after I posted this. I understand the frustrations, and what he says does make a lot of sense. I just personally like facing her. That is MY opinion. Like I said in previous comments, everyone is free to debate/discuss their differences with me.

  • @Unicorn said:

    In my opinion Billy didn’t need to be nerfed, and neither does Spirit. Billy WAS the most balanced Killer in the game, now he’s just meh. But, I actually enjoy Spirit games. It’s fun trying to figure out where she’s gonna mind game you post-phase. Pleaseeeee, don’t start witch-hunting her. If you have different feelings about both Killers than mine, feel free to post here and we can have a debate/discussion.

    Well it's never ending cycle. Back in the day when nurse was by far the strongest killer people were saying "oh spirit is what nurse should have been" Then nurse got nerfed they just moved to cry abaut spirit. After spirit got nerfed they said she is now "balanced and takes skill now" then complains abaut Freddy, Billy.. and now back to the old spirit, since her nerf wasn't as severe as they did with nurse and billy. Now they are still complaining abaut spirit, Freddy boi. If they get nerfed i can bet next one in line will be hag

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/171428/a-lot-of-people-targeting-spirit-now-that-billy-is-nerfed

    Well it's never ending cycle. Back in the day when nurse was by far the strongest killer people were saying "oh spirit is what nurse should have been" Then nurse got nerfed they just moved to cry abaut spirit. After spirit got nerfed they said she is now "balanced and takes skill now" then complains abaut Freddy, Billy.. and now back to the old spirit, since her nerf wasn't as severe as they did with nurse and billy. Now they are still complaining abaut spirit, Freddy boi. If they get nerfed i can bet next one in line will be hag

    I feel like people who play with the Killer they have the most problem with can gain some type of knowledge on how to face that Killer. As said above to someone else I was having a discussion with in here; I HATED Freddy, I still kind of do, but I was having so much trouble figuring out how to play against the new and improved Freddy.


    I wasn’t here when they buffed him so I came back to practically a new Killer and because I was having such a hard time adapting to him, I bought him and put hours in with him to figure him out (how his kit works with different add-ons, how his lunge is because it always seemed pretty large to me, how to mind-game and also to watch the Survivors that did really well against me play). Now I can face him, even though I can’t stand em but it’s better now.

    Edit: spaced out my paragraphs.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440636#Comment_1440636

    I feel like people who play with the Killer they have the most problem with can gain some type of knowledge on how to face that Killer. As said above to someone else I was having a discussion with in here; I HATED Freddy, I still kind of do, but I was having so much trouble figuring out how to play against the new and improved Freddy.

    I wasn’t here when they buffed him so I came back to practically a new Killer and because I was having such a hard time adapting to him, I bought him and put hours in with him to figure him out (how his kit works with different add-ons, how his lunge is because it always seemed pretty large to me, how to mind-game and also to watch the Survivors that did really well against me play). Now I can face him, even though I can’t stand em but it’s better now.

    Edit: spaced out my paragraphs.

    Freddy is quite easy killer to transition and still do well with him. He can be quite oppressive for solo survivors, but against even mediocre SWF he will struggle.

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440648#Comment_1440648

    Freddy is quite easy killer to transition and still do well with him. He can be quite oppressive for solo survivors, but against even mediocre SWF he will struggle.

    I played Solo a lot around that time. It wasn’t that easy to me because he seemed new to me (which he kind of was). My whole point though, is that if half of the people who hate Spirit actually put some hrs into playing her, I feel they’d be more confident about facing her but again, that is just my opinion.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440086#Comment_1440086

    And he couldn't be more wrong about it.

    https://youtu.be/649MKTgX244

    So tired of the mimimi, no counterplay wahwah, jes you people would get demolished in any fighting game.

    I work long hours and have the luxury of having twitch streamers on while I work and I notice constantly that even veteran players with 5000+ hours are often not interested in finding ways to counter new things in the game and simply make videos being negative about the changes, make complaint videos and put forth tons of energy to make negative things, but few, ever focus on how to be positive and counter things. For example, I watch some big survivor streams and see them despise certain killers becuse they cant run them and loop them as easily, they literally say this, but then if you say "because they cant loop the killer" you are told thats a weak argument, despite them literally saying it on camera while they DC.

    Just something I notice, many of the more popular streamers of this game sink back into their normal perks after new DLC and rarely main a new killer or run new survivor perks.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440073#Comment_1440073

    Imagine repeating the same thing in the same thread 5 other people have said.

    Why would I read all 3 pages of a thread to just make sure no one else has poked fun about this?

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440086#Comment_1440086

    I watched that video after I posted this. I understand the frustrations, and what he says does make a lot of sense. I just personally like facing her. That is MY opinion. Like I said in previous comments, everyone is free to debate/discuss their differences with me.

    Everyone can have their opinions.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440625#Comment_1440625

    Why would I read all 3 pages of a thread to just make sure no one else has poked fun about this?

    Sounds like a “you” problem.

  • I think it’s a you problem because you’re the one that got upset about it lol

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440904#Comment_1440904

    I think it’s a you problem because you’re the one that got upset about it lol

    Who was upset? Where was it indicated that I was upset? Lol.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440907#Comment_1440907

    Who was upset? Where was it indicated that I was upset? Lol.

    @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440073#Comment_1440073

    Imagine repeating the same thing in the same thread 5 other people have said.

    You were clearly bothered about multiple people correcting you about how Spirit being complained about isn’t a new thing or a result of Billy getting nerfed.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440914#Comment_1440914

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440625#Comment_1440625

    You were clearly bothered about multiple people correcting you about how Spirit being complained about isn’t a new thing or a result of Billy getting nerfed.

    I’m sorry, I don’t see any part of that statement where I said “I’m bothered you posted the same thing as 5 other people.” Seems like you’re assuming.


    What I did try to get across (which you failed to see) was that I don’t need 5-6 people posting the same thing when I clearly asked for discussion/debates about differences with the overall topic. Maybe read through a thread? That’s the purpose of it being a — oh I don’t know... thread?

    :)

  • Billy now knows how nurse feels. Addons are a problem like omegablink nurse and instasaw? Okay were gonna nerf the addons AND their basekit.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Billy now knows how nurse feels. Addons are a problem like omegablink nurse and instasaw? Okay were gonna nerf the addons AND their basekit.

    I really don’t understand why they touched his base kit instead of the add-ons themselves. Same thing with Nurse. Maybe add-ons are harder to rework? Idk.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440936#Comment_1440936

    I really don’t understand why they touched his base kit instead of the add-ons themselves. Same thing with Nurse. Maybe add-ons are harder to rework? Idk.

    One can learn by looking at the past,...

    Legion needed only 1 thing addressed in his rework, chasing people backwards, but look at all the changes they made on him, majority of which had NOTHING to do with the chase-cheese.

    Whenever they say they are going to work on something, rest assured, more changes will be made than you can think of and most wont have ANYTHING to do with any issues that need addressing.

    Legion buffs when?

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440917#Comment_1440917

    I’m sorry, I don’t see any part of that statement where I said “I’m bothered you posted the same thing as 5 other people.” Seems like you’re assuming.

    What I did try to get across (which you failed to see) was that I don’t need 5-6 people posting the same thing when I clearly asked for discussion/debates about differences with the overall topic. Maybe read through a thread? That’s the purpose of it being a — oh I don’t know... thread?

    :)

    That was apart of the debate though. I agree with the 5 other people that said people calling for Spirit nerfs have nothing to do with Billy getting nerfed. So, I echoed it. Just shows that multiple people agree.

    So, kinda seems like it just bothered you.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440281#Comment_1440281

    I work long hours and have the luxury of having twitch streamers on while I work and I notice constantly that even veteran players with 5000+ hours are often not interested in finding ways to counter new things in the game and simply make videos being negative about the changes, make complaint videos and put forth tons of energy to make negative things, but few, ever focus on how to be positive and counter things. For example, I watch some big survivor streams and see them despise certain killers becuse they cant run them and loop them as easily, they literally say this, but then if you say "because they cant loop the killer" you are told thats a weak argument, despite them literally saying it on camera while they DC.

    Just something I notice, many of the more popular streamers of this game sink back into their normal perks after new DLC and rarely main a new killer or run new survivor perks.

    Well I will have to take your word for it cause I do not watch that many streams. But I sure think that this is a thing since sometimes ego also plays a role, a person knows best cause x amount of time and the opinion = fact. No matter even if they run into obvious paradox like the one you mentioned.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440927#Comment_1440927

    That was apart of the debate though. I agree with the 5 other people that said people calling for Spirit nerfs have nothing to do with Billy getting nerfed. So, I echoed it. Just shows that multiple people agree.

    So, kinda seems like it just bothered you.

    Technically it wasn’t. A debate is when you argue about opposing opinions. I never argued that Spirit wasn't targeted before or that due to Billy being nerfed, she’s being targeted now. Sure, the title of my topic says that, but I was unaware she was heavily targeted before because I’ve taken multiple long breaks from DBD Forums.

    Yes it echoed, but with me included which would deem you bringing up the same thing I agree with and I’ve been corrected of invalid which is why I said what I said. @ClickyClicky already made this clear to me on the first page that Spirit has been a target which I didn’t oppose.


    It didn’t bother me, I just like to point out things that I don’t want to continuously run circles around in my thread when there are bigger discussions at hand about the things that actually matter, like Spirit being unfun to others, strategies on how to help people feel more confident in playing against her, opinions that differ from my “she’s fun to play against” statement. Not what you decided to post.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1440977#Comment_1440977

    Technically it wasn’t. A debate is when you argue about opposing opinions. I never argued that Spirit wasn't targeted before or that due to Billy being nerfed, she’s being targeted now. Sure, the title of my topic says that, but I was unaware she was heavily targeted before because I’ve taken multiple long breaks from DBD Forums.

    Yes it echoed, but with me included which would deem you bringing up the same thing I agree with and I’ve been corrected of invalid which is why I said what I said. @ClickyClicky already made this clear to me on the first page that Spirit has been a target which I didn’t oppose.

    It didn’t bother me, I just like to point out things that I don’t want to continuously run circles around in my thread when there are bigger discussions at hand about the things that actually matter, like Spirit being unfun to others, strategies on how to help people feel more confident in playing against her, opinions that differ from my “she’s fun to play against” statement. Not what you decided to post.

    Your original premise was “A LOT OF PEOPLE TARGETING SPIRIT NOW THAT BILLY IS NERFED...” That alone comes with some inherent beliefs. First is that people complained about Billy first and then got him nerfed. No one wanted Billy nerfed by the way. Everyone wanted an addon overhaul. The second is that after that nerf they all decided that Sprirt was the next witch to hunt.

    So, me making an off the cuff remark about the topic and the title you gave it before I read deeper into the thread is completely warranted.

    Onto Spirit and people calling for a nerf. I believe she needs one. Simply giving a visual tell that she’s started phasing would make everyone happy and only effect her 50/50s at pallets. I think that’s a fair request. I don’t think she needs a rework. I think overall she’s fine.

    I think most killers need buffs to bring them to the level needed for the current state of the game tbh.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441035#Comment_1441035

    Your original premise was “A LOT OF PEOPLE TARGETING SPIRIT NOW THAT BILLY IS NERFED...” That alone comes with some inherent beliefs. First is that people complained about Billy first and then got him nerfed. No one wanted Billy nerfed by the way. Everyone wanted an addon overhaul. The second is that after that nerf they all decided that Sprirt was the next witch to hunt.

    So, me making an off the cuff remark about the topic and the title you gave it before I read deeper into the thread is completely warranted.

    Onto Spirit and people calling for a nerf. I believe she needs one. Simply giving a visual tell that she’s started phasing would make everyone happy and only effect her 50/50s at pallets. I think that’s a fair request. I don’t think she needs a rework. I think overall she’s fine.

    I think most killers need buffs to bring them to the level needed for the current state of the game tbh.

    1. I never said anyone wanted Billy nerfed. That was never in my opening statement. (in response to: “No one wanted Billy nerfed btw.)
    2. You not reading the thread obscured your knowledge of discovering that just 2 spaces down was a response that corrected me about thinking that Spirit was just recently becoming a target. It is your own fault that you refuse to scan a thread, then post something completely and utterly unneeded and get called out for it. You failing to make effort does not deem your actions “warranted” but “lazy”.
    3. I agree 1001% about her needing any type of visual indication. This was stated earlier as well, I think about 3 times by me. Another thing that you would have known if you read through the thread 💜
    4. I agree as well. I’m happy Bubba is getting attention, as I do love to play with him. So does Trapper in my opinion.
    5. No hard feelings.
  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441035#Comment_1441035

    Your original premise was “A LOT OF PEOPLE TARGETING SPIRIT NOW THAT BILLY IS NERFED...” That alone comes with some inherent beliefs. First is that people complained about Billy first and then got him nerfed. No one wanted Billy nerfed by the way. Everyone wanted an addon overhaul. The second is that after that nerf they all decided that Sprirt was the next witch to hunt.

    So, me making an off the cuff remark about the topic and the title you gave it before I read deeper into the thread is completely warranted.

    Onto Spirit and people calling for a nerf. I believe she needs one. Simply giving a visual tell that she’s started phasing would make everyone happy and only effect her 50/50s at pallets. I think that’s a fair request. I don’t think she needs a rework. I think overall she’s fine.

    I think most killers need buffs to bring them to the level needed for the current state of the game tbh.

    "no one wanted Billy nerfed"

    Hexy may want a word with you, dude literally danced on Billy grave for 3 days after the PTB changes were announced LOL

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441085#Comment_1441085

    1. I never said anyone wanted Billy nerfed. That was never in my opening statement. (in response to: “No one wanted Billy nerfed btw.)
    2. You not reading the thread obscured your knowledge of discovering that just 2 spaces down was a response that corrected me about thinking that Spirit was just recently becoming a target. It is your own fault that you refuse to scan a thread, then post something completely and utterly unneeded and get called out for it. You failing to make effort does not deem your actions “warranted” but “lazy”.
    3. I agree 1001% about her needing any type of visual indication. This was stated earlier as well, I think about 3 times by me. Another thing that you would have known if you read through the thread 💜
    4. I agree as well. I’m happy Bubba is getting attention, as I do love to play with him. So does Trapper in my opinion.
    5. No hard feelings.

    And to think all this common footing was found without me even needing to read the thread.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437982#Comment_1437982

    She has little sparkling lights on her body when she phases..at leaet I've noticed them when watching a spirit whole slugged..its like looking at the stars..little glowing dots as if she were covered in glitter..I know her base and newest skin for sure have it

    scott jund tested that and you cant see it in game, you can see it in KYF when you film it and slowly rewind and analyses the video. People who say this have never played against a spirit in game, i can't believe they have.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHy-NA2qaY


  • @Sir_Bassington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1437992#Comment_1437992

    scott jund tested that and you cant see it in game, you can see it in KYF when you film it and slowly rewind and analyses the video. People who say this have never played against a spirit in game, i can't believe they have.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHy-NA2qaY

    Not true..I've seen it in public matches on multiple ocassions..tbh scott is one if the last people I'd go to for truths

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441120#Comment_1441120

    And to think all this common footing was found without me even needing to read the thread.

    Common footing sure, but basic necessary & valid points no.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441156#Comment_1441156

    Not true..I've seen it in public matches on multiple ocassions..tbh scott is one if the last people I'd go to for truths

    scott is the most objective DBD player, if I would go for "truths" i would rather go to him than some random guy on this forum claiming "her shards glow get gud, just mindgame her 4Head"

  • She'll probably end up visible when shifting and only invisible with the aid of an ultra rare add-on 😂

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    She'll probably end up visible when shifting and only invisible with the aid of an ultra rare add-on 😂

    devs dont make good iridecent addons anymore. they wont, her Iri would probably just make the phase sound be map wide.

  • @Sir_Bassington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441183#Comment_1441183

    scott is the most objective DBD player, if I would go for "truths" i would rather go to him than some random guy on this forum claiming "her shards glow get gud, just mindgame her 4Head"

    I'll believe what I can see. And I have seen little pricks of light on the spirits body when she phases so I know this to be true..and scott in my experiance is all talk but offers no solutions..not even a bad one....honestly his line of thinking gives spirit a worse rap than she deserves

  • @Sir_Bassington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441189#Comment_1441189

    devs dont make good iridecent addons anymore. they wont, her Iri would probably just make the phase sound be map wide.

    Prayer Beads mate.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441148#Comment_1441148

    Common footing sure, but basic necessary & valid points no.

    Necessary no. Valid? Debatable. I’d say the thread premise in general isn’t necessarily.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441186#Comment_1441186

    I'll believe what I can see. And I have seen little pricks of light on the spirits body when she phases so I know this to be true..and scott in my experiance is all talk but offers no solutions..not even a bad one....honestly his line of thinking gives spirit a worse rap than she deserves

    Scott gives no good solutions? his trial warmup is being implemented into the game, hes made countless of good solutions, you've clearly never listened to him or seen any of his videos, he even showcases the glowing shards and you refuse to even watch it and say hes no good? atleast hes got proof and to back him up, scott was an Dota 2 game dev that started streaming instead of being a game dev that knows how to code, if he talks about game design than id listen to him over some random forum lurker.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    People have been complaining about Spirit for months and months, complaints about her are not new.

    Actually since her release

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441185#Comment_1441185

    Necessary no. Valid? Debatable. I’d say the thread premise in general isn’t necessarily.

    Lol, at this point it just seems like you’re trying to justify your actions, despite you having complete control over your ignorance and I not.

  • @Sir_Bassington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441199#Comment_1441199

    Scott gives no good solutions? his trial warmup is being implemented into the game, hes made countless of good solutions, you've clearly never listened to him or seen any of his videos, he even showcases the glowing shards and you refuse to even watch it and say hes no good? atleast hes got proof and to back him up, scott was an Dota 2 game dev that started streaming instead of being a game dev that knows how to code, if he talks about game design than id listen to him over some random forum lurker.

    I dont listen to forum lurkers unless I feel they make sense , his trial warmup? Hm..we dont even know how it's going to work and is likely months and months away still, and i have seen his vids..hence why i have my own opinion on him..also I never said anything about the shards , go back and you'll see it wasnt what I was talking about..the issue with scott he went over "boring" killers for instance..and all he did was discredit anyone who disagrees with the label slapped on the killers based off..what? People who never play them? Or how about his Billy addon vid..so he doesnt want killer addons to be useless..but also make very little difference..I mean..what? The guy looks at everything so 1 dimensionally a lot of the time

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441217#Comment_1441217

    Lol, at this point it just seems like you’re trying to justify your actions, despite you having complete control over your ignorance and I not.

    Which action am I trying to justify? Because I don’t need to justify me making a comment making fun of a completely off base title

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441238#Comment_1441238

    Which action am I trying to justify? Because I don’t need to justify me making a comment making fun of a completely off base title

    Not gonna continue to fuel this because its derailing my thread. Take care 💜

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441295#Comment_1441295

    Not gonna continue to fuel this because its derailing my thread. Take care 💜

    Just saying “I took a break” isn’t much of an excuse. You should probably dig a bit deeper before titling it something so polarizing and just incorrect and then trying to shame people for making fun of it. “You’re ignorant read the thread” lol

  • Devs needs to stop listening to salty survivors else we gonna end up with really weak and unfun killers to play lol that will ultimately kill the game.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1441305#Comment_1441305

    Just saying “I took a break” isn’t much of an excuse. You should probably dig a bit deeper before titling it something so polarizing and just incorrect and then trying to shame people for making fun of it. “You’re ignorant read the thread” lol

    Why are you carrying on? I said what I said, please let it go.

1 2 3 ›