For everyone who said wait till the PTB

We told ya so, Billy sucks. Maybe believe us next time.

Comments

  • No you are wrong! Just wait till live servers!



    Just kidding btw.

  • i not billy main but with all the killer basekit nerf how survivor sided this game is why at the start of the match the gates are powered and open al survivor have to do is walk out the exit gates it be the shortest game ever.

  • Gotta say I was having a good laugh at all the dooms day people before the ptb even hit. But this is much, much worse than I thought. Without doubling overheat addons you have to play billy like a rank 10 chump now.

  • Gonna admit I was one of those wait till the PTB guys.

  • @goatslinger said:

    Gotta say I was having a good laugh at all the dooms day people before the ptb even hit. But this is much, much worse than I thought. Without doubling overheat addons you have to play billy like a rank 10 chump now.

    Overheating isn't even that bad compared to the small delay they added before the sprint actually starts.

  • But there's nothing wrong with people who said to wait until the PTB. Now we know for sure that the nerfs go too far. Now we can complain with evidence to back it up.

    Knee jerk reactions are rarely or never good even if they end up being right in the long run. It's not the people were saying "these nerfs seem too harsh, I don't think Billy deserves this, and here's why" it's the people who were saying "BILLY IS DEAD LETS ALL LEAVE DBD THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD BHVR ARE MORONS LETS CAMP EVERY SINGLE SURVIVOR IN PROTEST"

  • @Throwaway123 said:

    We told ya so, Billy sucks. Maybe believe us next time.

    Now watch how feedback will be ignored and it will go live as is.

  • They kinda went overboard with how long it takes to cool down. For some reason it takes LONGER to cool down normally than if you overheat the thing and the heat gauge continues to build while your saw is revving down. Add in the addons that are basically useless at best (some of them your basically nerfing yourself by equipping them).

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    But there's nothing wrong with people who said to wait until the PTB. Now we know for sure that the nerfs go too far. Now we can complain with evidence to back it up.

    Knee jerk reactions are rarely or never good even if they end up being right in the long run. It's not the people were saying "these nerfs seem too harsh, I don't think Billy deserves this, and here's why" it's the people who were saying "BILLY IS DEAD LETS ALL LEAVE DBD THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD BHVR ARE MORONS LETS CAMP EVERY SINGLE SURVIVOR IN PROTEST"

    There are 2 things wrong with it:

    1. Not using your brain to make a logical conclusion based on the information already provided

    2. Not learning from BHVR's history of PTBs.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425156#Comment_1425156

    There are 2 things wrong with it:

    1. Not using your brain to make a logical conclusion based on the information already provided

    2. Not learning from BHVR's history of PTBs.

    What you said doesn't go against anything I said, though. I specifically said within my comment that it's okay to be critical and say you think changes are a bad idea before the ptb is released. What's not okay is filling the forum with endless the-sky-is-falling bullshit and drama.

  • @Cheers said:

    Gonna admit I was one of those wait till the PTB guys.

    I wasn't optimistic given past moves. But I didn't expect it to be this bad. It's kinda impressive in a depressing sort of way.

  • Lol, why are yall still clinging to hope

    Hes going live as is

    Wraith is getting a cooldown bar aswell.

    Mark my words

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Lol, why are yall still clinging to hope

    Hes going live as is

    Wraith is getting a cooldown bar aswell.

    Make my words

    Im now imagining cooldowns on EVERY killer. Huntress gets a cooldown and if you hold the hatchet up too long, she's gotta massage her arm because those hatchets are HEAVY.

  • Yeah, it's sad when legion is looking stronger than billy now. They really cut his nuts off.

  • Past reworks have taught us to trust our intuition, they gutted Billy. Well look who was right in the end.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Lol, why are yall still clinging to hope

    Hes going live as is

    Wraith is getting a cooldown bar aswell.

    Make my words

    I wouldn't be surprised. Why not add an cooldown bar on Trapper as well. He can only place a trap or fake place a trap once every 30 seconds. That seems like a good change. Oh and lets remove the bag addons he absolutely need.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    But there's nothing wrong with people who said to wait until the PTB. Now we know for sure that the nerfs go too far. Now we can complain with evidence to back it up.

    Knee jerk reactions are rarely or never good even if they end up being right in the long run. It's not the people were saying "these nerfs seem too harsh, I don't think Billy deserves this, and here's why" it's the people who were saying "BILLY IS DEAD LETS ALL LEAVE DBD THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD BHVR ARE MORONS LETS CAMP EVERY SINGLE SURVIVOR IN PROTEST"

    There was no real reason to wait until the PTB. Anyone who watched the preview video and analyzed it could tell it looked bad. Getting hands on time confirmed it, and even confirmed it's worse than expected which is surprising.

    Yes some people overreacted with Game is dead, but at the end of the day Billy's "minimal change" is a very hefty nerf. Now we'll see if BHVR does as expected and just pushes this through, or if they'll do what top players suggested and revert changes and fix some add-ons which pushed him over the top. I honestly have very little hope due to past trends.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425292#Comment_1425292

    Im now imagining cooldowns on EVERY killer. Huntress gets a cooldown and if you hold the hatchet up too long, she's gotta massage her arm because those hatchets are HEAVY.

    I can't wait for Myers to have a stalking cool down, because his eyes get tired. Ghost face and Pig need a crouching cooldown. Clown needs a fatigue cool down because he should get severely winded after a few seconds of moving or after tossing a bottle.

  • I don't see why waiting for the PTB is a bad thing. It showed us how the killer works now as well as a full list of add-ons to base our opinions on instead of having a knee jerk reaction to a single blog. There have been times where the forums overreacted to a change because of a single day on PTB or a dev post, for example doctor and sabotage. I still think it's best to not have a strong opinion on a change until you can play/watch it.

    With that said, I think the add-ons are under par, there's way too many meme add-ons like Mother's Helpers and add-ons that are useless on their own and only work when paired with a certain add-on or perk. They need to change some of them. As for the overheat I have no opinion on as I don't play Billy.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425301#Comment_1425301

    I can't wait for Myers to have a stalking cool down, because his eyes get tired. Ghost face and Pig need a crouching cooldown. Clown needs a fatigue cool down because he should get severely winded after a few seconds of moving or after tossing a bottle.

    Clown breathed in his own gas, so ya just see him gasping for air while leaning against a wall.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC1gKIM7On0


  • Well hillbilly mains will see how nurse players felt when they overhauled her base kit when the addons were the real problem.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425252#Comment_1425252

    What you said doesn't go against anything I said, though. I specifically said within my comment that it's okay to be critical and say you think changes are a bad idea before the ptb is released. What's not okay is filling the forum with endless the-sky-is-falling bullshit and drama.

    I was only referring to the people you mentioned in your first sentence my friend, I have nothing against you :)

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425292#Comment_1425292

    Im now imagining cooldowns on EVERY killer. Huntress gets a cooldown and if you hold the hatchet up too long, she's gotta massage her arm because those hatchets are HEAVY.

    Oooof it's funny on one side but scary because that's exactly how I would imagine bhvr nerfing her

  • @Throwaway123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425156#Comment_1425156

    There was no real reason to wait until the PTB. Anyone who watched the preview video and analyzed it could tell it looked bad. Getting hands on time confirmed it, and even confirmed it's worse than expected which is surprising.

    Yes some people overreacted with Game is dead, but at the end of the day Billy's "minimal change" is a very hefty nerf. Now we'll see if BHVR does as expected and just pushes this through, or if they'll do what top players suggested and revert changes and fix some add-ons which pushed him over the top. I honestly have very little hope due to past trends.

    I can only agree with you... My hope are nearly non existent if I'm being honest... To See the guy in charge for balancing (that guy who paints his finger nails, I forgot his name) saying live on stream that clown is just underrated just explains to me how they came up with such a Billy nerf...

    The only hope for DbD is when bhvr revisits the balancing team and recruits new and fresh players to work on this. Ideally streamers who are very good at the game.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425301#Comment_1425301

    Oooof it's funny on one side but scary because that's exactly how I would imagine bhvr nerfing her

    The clip I posted above is basically Clown's cooldown if he ever runs through his own gas, lol.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425709#Comment_1425709

    The clip I posted above is basically Clown's cooldown if he ever runs through his own gas, lol.

    Lmao so silly :D

  • Hey guys, Billy buffs incoming in patch 6.1.0., just wait till then.

  • @bingbongboi90 said:

    No you are wrong! Just wait till live servers!

    Just kidding btw.

    You're still wrong. Wait until DBD2 comes out.

  • Devs:don't worry its just a kneejerk reaction we'll ignore it and put it live anyway. *billy is now nurse 2.0* calling it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    He still plays fine, the only people who care are the crack billy mains or people who like to hold their chainsaw for an hour. I don't feel bad for anyone who played like that.

    👆👆👆👆Obviously doesn't play as Billy.

  • No surprise. Every PTB after one hours kilelrs come in and say: LOOK ITS UNPLAYABLE!!! And everyother player like: Well, its okay. I can still play, its just a bit harder if I played not good before.

  • For a small change to a killer they thought was performing perfectly, it does feel like they may have overdone it.

  • I agree,billy utlra addon is the worst ultra in the game and overall his addons are really bad right now,that overheat is also over the top.

  • Not going to lie, I didn't think it would be this bad

    The cooldown okay, but that coupled with his addons being crushed into the ground makes it that much worse

    Yeah I got to admit, I have to swallow my words now

    Boy was i wrong

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425770#Comment_1425770

    I've been playing Billy since 2017 but okay then. I don't play with add ons and I don't play like aids either. Curving and Feathering are still there and that's all I care about. If you're holding your chainsaw all the time you're already playing Billy wrong.

    I'm glad this is happening too, just like with Nurse it'll purge all the boosted Killers. Good Nurse's still kill everyone and good Billy's will do the same.

    x to doubt

  • I just went against a Billy. He holds his chainsaw rev’d for ages as I run around a rock, he then gives up, sprints across the map, revs again and instadowns someone

    None of these changes stopped him from sprinting map wide whenever he wanted, none stopped him from using the instadown whenever he wanted

    He’s barely any different but killer mains gonna be killer mains and cry salt. Only difference is now with the add on changes at least if you’re a decent player you can keep away from the chainsaw easier. Before with add ons even a rank 20 could use the chainsaw like an M1

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425770#Comment_1425770

    I've been playing Billy since 2017 but okay then. I don't play with add ons and I don't play like aids either. Curving and Feathering are still there and that's all I care about. If you're holding your chainsaw all the time you're already playing Billy wrong.

    I'm glad this is happening too, just like with Nurse it'll purge all the boosted Killers. Good Nurse's still kill everyone and good Billy's will do the same.

    So when do we start purging all the boosted survivors?

    Sorry I forgot, only killer players are ever the problem.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    No surprise. Every PTB after one hours kilelrs come in and say: LOOK ITS UNPLAYABLE!!! And everyother player like: Well, its okay. I can still play, its just a bit harder if I played not good before.

    I was almost going to say something but then I remembered how insanely biased you are.

  • @Throwaway123 said:

    We told ya so, Billy sucks. Maybe believe us next time.

    This sums up every dbd change..

    https://youtu.be/E7J-QW3cDuk


  • @brokedownpalace said:

    But there's nothing wrong with people who said to wait until the PTB. Now we know for sure that the nerfs go too far. Now we can complain with evidence to back it up.

    Knee jerk reactions are rarely or never good even if they end up being right in the long run. It's not the people were saying "these nerfs seem too harsh, I don't think Billy deserves this, and here's why" it's the people who were saying "BILLY IS DEAD LETS ALL LEAVE DBD THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD BHVR ARE MORONS LETS CAMP EVERY SINGLE SURVIVOR IN PROTEST"

    People only reacted in that way because of past evidance showing it will probably horrendous IE The Nurse "Addon rework".

    It doesn't make much critical thinking for most people to figure out they were going to gut billy just like they did to the nurse.

  • I was one of those who said wait til the PTB and I stand by it. From what I've seen now so far, the nerfs look excessive, the addons seem largely useless and any interesting stealth effects you might be able to use from some of those add-ons will probably be negated by the warcry, which going by recent events (trail of torment) was probably the point.

    Waiting to see for yourself doesn't mean just blindly accepting whatever.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425770#Comment_1425770

    I've been playing Billy since 2017 but okay then. I don't play with add ons and I don't play like aids either. Curving and Feathering are still there and that's all I care about. If you're holding your chainsaw all the time you're already playing Billy wrong.

    I'm glad this is happening too, just like with Nurse it'll purge all the boosted Killers. Good Nurse's still kill everyone and good Billy's will do the same.

    Yeah, my bad. Your right. Everyone else on here is wrong, is just a noob w Billy, and just camps/tunnels...😐

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1425770#Comment_1425770

    I've been playing Billy since 2017 but okay then. I don't play with add ons and I don't play like aids either. Curving and Feathering are still there and that's all I care about. If you're holding your chainsaw all the time you're already playing Billy wrong.

    I'm glad this is happening too, just like with Nurse it'll purge all the boosted Killers. Good Nurse's still kill everyone and good Billy's will do the same.

    Did you try him out on the PTB yet?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I just went against a Billy. He holds his chainsaw rev’d for ages as I run around a rock, he then gives up, sprints across the map, revs again and instadowns someone

    None of these changes stopped him from sprinting map wide whenever he wanted, none stopped him from using the instadown whenever he wanted

    He’s barely any different but killer mains gonna be killer mains and cry salt. Only difference is now with the add on changes at least if you’re a decent player you can keep away from the chainsaw easier. Before with add ons even a rank 20 could use the chainsaw like an M1

    That is literally impossible after the change. Even with add-ons to help with overheat. I tested it myself and if anyone wants public info on it go watch the vod of a big streamer like Otz. He showed multiple times you can't feather the charge for more than 5 seconds and a sprint across map takes half your overheat. From what you said not only did he feather at you, but then sprinted away and then back revved. That's super impossible. Unless you mean someone ran into his sprint, but you'd have to make killer literally have no power to balance around bad players like that.

    Here's Otz sprinting and then feathering for a moment: https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryVivaciousRamenSSSsss