Gen times need to be increased

Listen before you surv mains get but hurt at different colored from ranks 20 to 1 gen time should be increased by an extra 10 to 20 seconds and every color rank change to rise to that gen time adds that 10 to 20 seconds more to each rank

Comments

  • no, we can find better ways to solve the current issues killers have by checking maps and the upcoming early game mechanic the devs are going to implement

  • Yes. This ######### is ######### stupid. Im tired of having to run the same ######### perks every game to not get steam rolled. Its stupid af. Eitger increase tge gen times or put in secondary objectives.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    Yes. This ######### is ######### stupid. Im tired of having to run the same ######### perks every game to not get steam rolled. Its stupid af. Eitger increase tge gen times or put in secondary objectives.

    Says the person with the icon of a killer can that single handedly slow down the entire game with no perks because of add-ons. And they're not even rare. You're really acting like Freddy with thana doesn't automatically equal a 20 minute game. How slow do you want games to go? 45 minutes? If that's the case you need to play a moba.

  • Personally I’d rather see them shrink maps. When maps are too big, gens feel like they go too quick. Can’t remember the last time I felt like gens flew on Rancid Abboitoir though, since that map is fairly small.

  • I don’t think gen speeds are the problem, id say placement of gens and map size are the problem.

  • @LordRegal said:

    Personally I’d rather see them shrink maps. When maps are too big, gens feel like they go too quick. Can’t remember the last time I felt like gens flew on Rancid Abboitoir though, since that map is fairly small.

    Yea, but some killers(mainly doctor) would thrive on smaller maps, so you've gotta be careful with that as well

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365260#Comment_1365260

    Says the person with the icon of a killer can that single handedly slow down the entire game with no perks because of add-ons. And they're not even rare. You're really acting like Freddy with thana doesn't automatically equal a 20 minute game. How slow do you want games to go? 45 minutes? If that's the case you need to play a moba.

    Im bitching about having to run the same perks all tge time and you think i run tge same killer every game? Are you high?

  • Dear god no. M1 sim is already boring as is

    Either make maps smaller or secondary obj idc but holding m1 for 10-20 extra seconds is just zzz

  • Prove Thyself already doesn't work to it's full extent anymore, and you want more gen time nerfs? No.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365271#Comment_1365271

    Im bitching about having to run the same perks all tge time and you think i run tge same killer every game? Are you high?

    I'm assuming it's just general categorization.

  • Not sure what you mean. They made a very specific and quite stupid assumption that because Freddy is my avi that must be my main, and that somehow leap frogs in their mind to me wanting 45 min matches. NONE of that is true btw. I like fred, but I play all of them except billy. Hes the only one i havent taken time to learn yet. I dont even run thana, its a dumb perk.

  • yeah i posted a otz video where the first gen gets popped in the first 17 seconds and tons of survivor mains were justifying it and saying that the gen speeds are fine, even though the devs have already said they are adding a new mechanic that will slow down the start of the game.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365367#Comment_1365367

    Not sure what you mean. They made a very specific and quite stupid assumption that because Freddy is my avi that must be my main, and that somehow leap frogs in their mind to me wanting 45 min matches. NONE of that is true btw. I like fred, but I play all of them except billy. Hes the only one i havent taken time to learn yet. I dont even run thana, its a dumb perk.

    Many people choose an image of their favorite character or perk, so he possibly just summed your Freddy avatar up to you being a Freddy main.

  • loool if that's the case ruin needs to be 100% baseline, pop needs to be 10%

  • @metalklok said:

    yeah i posted a otz video where the first gen gets popped in the first 17 seconds and tons of survivor mains were justifying it and saying that the gen speeds are fine, even though the devs have already said they are adding a new mechanic that will slow down the start of the game.

    Not like they used 3 ultra addons to do that single gen or anything.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365377#Comment_1365377

    Many people choose an image of their favorite character or perk, so he possibly just summed your Freddy avatar up to you being a Freddy main.

    Hence my point, it was a dumb assumption. Freds my avi because hes my favorite horror character. Maybe people should address the point raised in the OP instead of making stupid assumptions that have nothing to do with it

  • maximum* not baseline

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365260#Comment_1365260

    Says the person with the icon of a killer can that single handedly slow down the entire game with no perks because of add-ons. And they're not even rare. You're really acting like Freddy with thana doesn't automatically equal a 20 minute game. How slow do you want games to go? 45 minutes? If that's the case you need to play a moba.

    Just because he have a Freddy avatar, it doenst mean hes a Freddy main or something lol.

    Also just because he equip thana, it doesnt mean the game automaticly takes 20 minutes.


    Maybe you should just git gud?

  • But i must also add: Gen speeds are fine.


    The maps are the problem i think.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    But i must also add: Gen speeds are fine.

    The maps are the problem i think.

    They just reduced the size of the maps, made very little difference. They also nerfed group gen speeds, also made very little difference.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Prove Thyself already doesn't work to it's full extent anymore and you want more gen time nerfs? No.

    Also toolboxes were nerfed to the point of being utterly useless.

  • No, they don't.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365380#Comment_1365380

    Not like they used 3 ultra addons to do that single gen or anything.

    i dont care if they had 6 ultra add ons. You should never be able to finish 1/5 of your objective in 17 seconds.

    all gens done in 3 minutes and 20 seconds. My killer q's are longer than that

  • @metalklok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365399#Comment_1365399

    i dont care if they had 6 ultra add ons. You should never be able to finish 1/5 of your objective in 17 seconds.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365412#Comment_1365412

    all gens done in 3 minutes and 20 seconds. My killer q's are longer than that

    So you said. Repeatedly. Because in your world fringe cases must be eliminated at all cost.

  • Should we now start to balance around Rank 14-Killers? Lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365412#Comment_1365412

    Should we now start to balance around Rank 14-Killers? Lol.

    They currently balance around rank 15 survivors so ######### not

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365445#Comment_1365445

    So you said. Repeatedly. Because in your world fringe cases must be eliminated at all cost.

    I just want the game to be more balanced and the devs seem to agree that they need to slow down the game pace but keep telling yourself that a 17 second gen is balanced

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365412#Comment_1365412

    Should we now start to balance around Rank 14-Killers? Lol.

    he also posted one with otz in red ranks when they did a gen in 17 seconds lmfao

  • something must be done yes. but increasing gen times? i dont think thats the answer the killer only needs help early game when he has 0 pressure.

  • @metalklok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365451#Comment_1365451

    I just want the game to be more balanced and the devs seem to agree that they need to slow down the game pace but keep telling yourself that a 17 second gen is balanced

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365452#Comment_1365452

    he also posted one with otz in red ranks when they did a gen in 17 seconds lmfao

    Which he clearly won and they brought 3 BNPs.

    FFS, this discussion again? Really, Killers who are bad at the game really try everything to get Gens as long as possible so that every Potato can win.

  • @metalklok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365451#Comment_1365451

    I just want the game to be more balanced and the devs seem to agree that they need to slow down the game pace but keep telling yourself that a 17 second gen is balanced

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365452#Comment_1365452

    he also posted one with otz in red ranks when they did a gen in 17 seconds lmfao

    Say it with me. Fringe cases. You don't balance around outliers.

  • Hahahahahaha! What do you want? A gen simulator? is already too long doing them as solo with debuffs. Instead of that, they need to experiment making a new way to escape.

  • Gen times are fine. Learn to play killer properly.

  • @hanibel said:

    Listen before you surv mains get but hurt at different colored from ranks 20 to 1 gen time should be increased by an extra 10 to 20 seconds and every color rank change to rise to that gen time adds that 10 to 20 seconds more to each rank

    Imo gen speeds are't the problem! I believe the problem lies within

    1. Lack of viability and mobility in killers
    2. Map Sizes
    3. Lack of objectives for survivors

    1 of these 3 things needs to be addressed and I would rather much it be number 3 because all of these have huge advantages it would give killers. Addressing number 1 could make killer's OP, address number 2 could make S and A tier killer's too powerful, and addressing number 3 could screw over solo survivor's. Imo I think BHVR should have stuck with their idea of bringing solo survivor to the strength of swf and than went from their.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162714/gen-times-need-to-be-increased

    Imo gen speeds are't the problem! I believe the problem lies within

    1. Lack of viability and mobility in killers
    2. Map Sizes
    3. Lack of objectives for survivors

    1 of these 3 things needs to be addressed and I would rather much it be number 3 because all of these have huge advantages it would give killers. Addressing number 1 could make killer's OP, address number 2 could make S and A tier killer's too powerful, and addressing number 3 could screw over solo survivor's. Imo I think BHVR should have stuck with their idea of bringing solo survivor to the strength of swf and than went from their.

    This.

    Making gens just take longer is a band aid for Killers that'd only make the game more tedious for Survivors and difficult for Solo Survivors. They already spend most of their time holding M1 and tapping Spacebar.

    There's no real fix besides bringing Solos and SWFs to an even field and then changing Killers to match them or completely redesigning the entire Survivor objective. Unfortunately I don't see either happening.

  • 4 people on one gen will do that. Legion has a perk where you can see when more than one person is on a gen.

    Plus there are a few killer perks that show survivor auras. You can always try that.

    Plus gen pressure, gen pressure, gen pressure.

    There are a lot of well skilled killers in the forums that can help you up your gen pressure game.

    I'm not one of those I'm a crappy killer and even I can manage a 2-3k for a majority of my games. Not all, but for most.

  • @Shivadeathkiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365432#Comment_1365432

    4 people on one gen will do that. Legion has a perk where you can see when more than one person is on a gen.

    Plus there are a few killer perks that show survivor auras. You can always try that.

    Plus gen pressure, gen pressure, gen pressure.

    There are a lot of well skilled killers in the forums that can help you up your gen pressure game.

    I'm not one of those I'm a crappy killer and even I can manage a 2-3k for a majority of my games. Not all, but for most.

    Im averaging 3.3 over about 60 games. The kill rates arent the issue. The issue is those numbers are mostly bullshit. When you play against really good survivors they show how much bullshit those numbers are. When they play optimally theres little you can do about it. Which makes those games you did win feel like the bullshit they are.

    Go watch the depip squad sometime. Go talk to that dude on twitter thats up to 300 escapes in a row. This games a joke. Its only been saved by a ######### ranking match making system that feeds potatos to top ranked killers so they can say things like you just did.

  • Increasing gen times would make the game a lot more boring for survivors. It might make the game more balanced in terms of time but it's just not fun, which is why ppl suggested adding more stuff to do instead.

  • @Terro said:

    Increasing gen times would make the game a lot more boring for survivors. It might make the game more balanced in terms of time but it's just not fun, which is why ppl suggested adding more stuff to do instead.

    Which devs won't ever do no matter how much we ask so adding more is the only logic

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365260#Comment_1365260

    Says the person with the icon of a killer can that single handedly slow down the entire game with no perks because of add-ons. And they're not even rare. You're really acting like Freddy with thana doesn't automatically equal a 20 minute game. How slow do you want games to go? 45 minutes? If that's the case you need to play a moba.

    Freddy is the most fair killer to go against just cause you cant gen rush doesn't mean op

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365592#Comment_1365592

    Im averaging 3.3 over about 60 games. The kill rates arent the issue. The issue is those numbers are mostly bullshit. When you play against really good survivors they show how much bullshit those numbers are. When they play optimally theres little you can do about it. Which makes those games you did win feel like the bullshit they are.

    Go watch the depip squad sometime. Go talk to that dude on twitter thats up to 300 escapes in a row. This games a joke. Its only been saved by a ######### ranking match making system that feeds potatos to top ranked killers so they can say things like you just did.

    So I guess the people like you take the game too seriously and spend their time complaining and putting others down to make yourself fell better.

    If you dislike the game so much you gotta cuss about it, then perhaps you should try a new game.

    I hear civilization is a good one. It's highly recommended by a certain dev.

    It's just a game. Play, have fun. If you're not having fun try something else. Take a break, come back. Don't trash talk the game because you disagree with the mechanics of it.

  • @Shivadeathkiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365633#Comment_1365633

    So I guess the people like you take the game too seriously and spend their time complaining and putting others down to make yourself fell better.

    If you dislike the game so much you gotta cuss about it, then perhaps you should try a new game.

    I hear civilization is a good one. It's highly recommended by a certain dev.

    It's just a game. Play, have fun. If you're not having fun try something else. Take a break, come back. Don't trash talk the game because you disagree with the mechanics of it.

    I cuss because im grown and do what I want to do. Its rare I put anyone down. Whats interesting though is you cant refute what I'm saying so instead you try changing the subject and making it about me. I didnt attack you personally, I pointed out to you tge flaws in the game. Which I'm allowed to do, again, because I'm grown. If you dont like that maybe a forum for a video game isnt for you.

    If i didnt like the game i wouldnt play it, its because I like it I want it to be better.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365743#Comment_1365743

    I cuss because im grown and do what I want to do. Its rare I put anyone down. Whats interesting though is you cant refute what I'm saying so instead you try changing the subject and making it about me. I didnt attack you personally, I pointed out to you tge flaws in the game. Which I'm allowed to do, again, because I'm grown. If you dont like that maybe a forum for a video game isnt for you.

    If i didnt like the game i wouldnt play it, its because I like it I want it to be better.

    No you kill more than escape, you are just another entitled killer main always after that 4k every game. Because your average of 3.3 kills a game isn't enough. Boo hoo. Complain some more grown up as you are.

  • Its strange, multiple BNP in a single game which made a Gen done in 17sec and some Killes think all Gen done in 17sec in every single match.

    Its like to get Moried in a game and think the game only allow Survivors live for 1 hook stage

  • I'm hearing you, "whine, complain, insult."

    Even before all the matchmaking changes, killers were still killing roughly 60% of the time.

    Even with beefy tool boxes and infinite loops (which were ridiculous, the loops).

    Yes some games go faster than others. Each game has so many different variables it's hard for them all to be biased toward one side.

    Gens are fine. Other objectives would be nice. But gens are fine.

  • @Shivadeathkiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365841#Comment_1365841

    I'm hearing you, "whine, complain, insult."

    Even before all the matchmaking changes, killers were still killing roughly 60% of the time.

    Even with beefy tool boxes and infinite loops (which were ridiculous, the loops).

    Yes some games go faster than others. Each game has so many different variables it's hard for them all to be biased toward one side.

    Gens are fine. Other objectives would be nice. But gens are fine.

    "Other objectives would be nice" tgen we agree. Good deal, now go away.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365915#Comment_1365915

    "Other objectives would be nice" tgen we agree. Good deal, now go away.

    Lol aww it'll be ok. No matter what you think 3.3 kill average is great.

    Enjoy the game more. You were specifically arguing for longer gen times.

    Your topic clearly states you're demanding longer gen times. So we are not agreeing on that. Because gen times are fine.

    It'll be ok. Keep your chin up.

  • @Shivadeathkiss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365916#Comment_1365916

    Lol aww it'll be ok. No matter what you think 3.3 kill average is great.

    Enjoy the game more. You were specifically arguing for longer gen times.

    Your topic clearly states you're demanding longer gen times. So we are not agreeing on that. Because gen times are fine.

    It'll be ok. Keep your chin up.

    Its not my topic genius, this was what I said. You can dig through my post history and find other examples of me saying we need secondary objectives. Go back and look at the op. Its not me.

    Screenshot_20200618-235216_Chrome.jpg

    I dont think increased gen times is a great idea either, but its better than what we have today. Secondary objectives would be prefferable.

‹ 1 2