Leatherface toxicity

Why is it that 9.9 times out of 10 every single leatherface is toxic and facecamps/tunnels survivors all game? Is it a psychological condition where everyone who plays him channels his personality in the film and is simply #########? Genuine question.

Comments

  • Because that's what his power does best. It's too constraining to use otherwise.

  • @Orion said:

    Because that's what his power does best. It's too constraining to use otherwise.

    A killer that promotes the worst kind of gameplay and for you to play so 'antiplayer' shouldn't be a killer in the game altogether.

  • If someone is going to facecamp, they might as well use the best killer for it.

    I love me my Leatherface but I don't facecamp or regular camp with him (though it is amazing how many survivors will unhook right in my face when I'm playing him anyway).

  • @Bugcats said:

    Why is it that 9.9 times out of 10 every single leatherface is toxic and facecamps/tunnels survivors all game? Is it a psychological condition where everyone who plays him channels his personality in the film and is simply #########? Genuine question.

    Last time I played leatherface some cheeky survivor teabagged me at pallet drop three times so I facecamped him in the basement. I thought revving my chainsaw would communicate to the other Survivors they were free to complete the gens, but instead they decided to screw around so I 4k'd them. I didn't camp the others, not for a second, but they still gave me a lot of salt at the end. ๐Ÿ˜š

  • It's not toxic to guard the hook or kill a survivor, or gen rush etc. If you don't like the rules of the game then play another game perhaps.

  • @DeadArsenal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/160265/leatherface-toxicity

    Last time I played leatherface some cheeky survivor teabagged me at pallet drop three times so I facecamped him in the basement. I thought revving my chainsaw would communicate to the other Survivors they were free to complete the gens, but instead they decided to screw around so I 4k'd them. I didn't camp the others, not for a second, but they still gave me a lot of salt at the end. ๐Ÿ˜š

    even in good games there's a lot of salt at the end xD

  • @DBD78 said:

    It's not toxic to guard the hook or kill a survivor, or gen rush etc. If you don't like the rules of the game then play another game perhaps.

    Damn i bet you're fun at parties

  • I agree. Nine times out of ten the Bubba's I get either insidious camp or just straight up face camp. Its gotten to the point where I dread getting him as killer.

  • @Bugcats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344059#Comment_1344059

    A killer that promotes the worst kind of gameplay and for you to play so 'antiplayer' shouldn't be a killer in the game altogether.

    I've asked that he be buffed so that his power can actually be used for downing survivors in a chase, but...

  • I think it's because he's generally accepted as a terrible killer, so they think it's more BM to kill you with him.

    But yeah if you see a P3 Leatherface with the Claudette face, make sure you're not the first one to get hooked lol

  • @Bugcats said:

    Why is it that 9.9 times out of 10 every single leatherface is toxic and facecamps/tunnels survivors all game? Is it a psychological condition where everyone who plays him channels his personality in the film and is simply #########? Genuine question.

    When im annoyed with survivor ill put bubba on and basement camp. Its a nice stress reliever actually, you should try it

  • @Ghoste said:

    I think it's because he's generally accepted as a terrible killer, so they think it's more BM to kill you with him.

    But yeah if you see a P3 Leatherface with the Claudette face, make sure you're not the first one to get hooked lol

    So youve met me ๐Ÿ‘€

  • I mean leatherface power is Just really really bad without add-ons or perks.

    Without the add-ons that decrease the charge time you have to be litterly eating the ass of the survivor to get actually a down.

    Or of course you need to run nemesis and play with your food but this isnt a very good build Just something to.make bubba a bit viable.

    Leatherface is only good at downing multiple survivors when they are near eachother. And when does that happens? O yes at unhooking.

  • @Bugcats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344059#Comment_1344059

    A killer that promotes the worst kind of gameplay and for you to play so 'antiplayer' shouldn't be a killer in the game altogether.

    You shouldnt be a killer in the game altogether ๐Ÿคฌ LEAVE BUBBA ALONE

  • @Orion said:

    Because that's what his power does best. It's too constraining to use otherwise.

    @LordGlint would disagree with you.

  • I'm always looking not to get caught by leatherface when the last gen pops.

    Over 90% getting facecamp with chainsaw revving at 100%. Sad leatherface life.

  • @Bugcats said:

    Why is it that 9.9 times out of 10 every single leatherface is toxic and facecamps/tunnels survivors all game? Is it a psychological condition where everyone who plays him channels his personality in the film and is simply #########? Genuine question.

    It's not rocket science. The power to multi-instadown + bad killer (player) = camp. Since most people are boosted (on both sides) and don't care about getting good they will obviously just (ab)use my boy to facecamp.

  • @DeadArsenal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/160265/leatherface-toxicity

    Last time I played leatherface some cheeky survivor teabagged me at pallet drop three times so I facecamped him in the basement. I thought revving my chainsaw would communicate to the other Survivors they were free to complete the gens, but instead they decided to screw around so I 4k'd them. I didn't camp the others, not for a second, but they still gave me a lot of salt at the end. ๐Ÿ˜š

    See, I don't understand this. I get if you're using Insidious, there's room for error in the early game, but when you're revving your chainsaw for everybody to hear, and they still prioritize a save over gens, well, they're just asking for it.

    My assumption is that they want to belittle the killer (more than usual, of course). They make the willful choice to give a camping killer the 4k, but it MUST be the killers fault that they made that choice.

  • Dumb people don't know how to play Bubba lol

    Proper bubba players don't need to camp

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    Camping and Tunneling are just ways of saying 'The Killer outplayed me, and I want an excuse'.

    Killer camping? DON'T HIDE NEAR THE HOOK. Not doing gens is just rewarding him. And it's YOUR fault to reward this play style.

    Killer tunneling? Again; The other 3 should do gens. If your chasing behind the Killer, hoping to save your friend, you're making the game last longer. This gives the Killer more time to kill the rest of you later.

    But of course, so many Survivors believe they are the next not Otz. That THEY don't make mistakes. It's 'cheap tactics' that make them lose, because the Killer would NEVER win if they only played fair! So the Killer should stop Facecamping and slugging and tunneling and play FAIR!

    (The Doctor's Note: 'Playing fair' varies from Survivor to Survivor. Killers must follow every example Survivor put forth, or be called 'toxic' and 'noob' and worse. Any attempt to use Killer's that slow down genspeeds is strictly prohibited in the civilized world. Ask your Survivor what Killer is right for you! ..Which I mean, for them.)

    So it's the survivors fault for the killing deciding to tunnel them? The playstyle is so unfair for said survivor being tunnelled and its unbelievably unfun. Simply shouldn't be allowed to happen because there's no way to avoid it; if you killer wants to kill you they will kill you

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344064#Comment_1344064

    I've asked that he be buffed so that his power can actually be used for downing survivors in a chase, but...

    But it literally can? You make one error and you get instantly downed because you cant escape a chainsaw behind you

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344073#Comment_1344073

    See, I don't understand this. I get if you're using Insidious, there's room for error in the early game, but when you're revving your chainsaw for everybody to hear, and they still prioritize a save over gens, well, they're just asking for it.

    My assumption is that they want to belittle the killer (more than usual, of course). They make the willful choice to give a camping killer the 4k, but it MUST be the killers fault that they made that choice.

    It happens at all ranks. I keep this screenshot as proof of that. Back in January I did abit of a test to see just how effective facecamping would be. I would stand where people could very easily see me and rev my saw at the hook. This particular game...they did 1 gen. I was constantly seeing this person's teammates (who had the benefit of kindred mind you...) standing around waiting for an opening that was never coming. I would even give them a little nod as if to say "I see you and I acknowledge your there"

    20200120150023_1.jpg

    They were real cool bout it though in the endgame chat

  • The fact that you can counter face-camping killers simply by doing gens doesn't make face-camping ok. The game becomes literally unplayable for the person on the hook. This has happened to me many times and each time I have encouraged my friends to just genrush and escape while I was on the hook, but that doesn't erase the fact that I'm just waiting for time to pass while I'm hanging there, being denied the chance to play during the entire match. This is scummy, much more than slugging or tunneling or any other strategy because here the person who got hooked can do pretty much nothing about it.

    "That's just how the game is, if you don't like it play another game" according to this logic we shouldn't even be asking for buffs or nerfs then lmao. Dislike DS? Play another game. Dislike the gen speed? Play another game. You want killers to get buffed bc they're in a bad state right now (Clown, Leatherface)? Play another game. Lmao.

  • @TotemsCleanser said:

    The fact that you can counter face-camping killers simply by doing gens doesn't make face-camping ok. The game becomes literally unplayable for the person on the hook. This has happened to me many times and each time I have encouraged my friends to just genrush and escape while I was on the hook, but that doesn't erase the fact that I'm just waiting for time to pass while I'm hanging there, being denied the chance to play during the entire match. This is scummy, much more than slugging or tunneling or any other strategy because here the person who got hooked can do pretty much nothing about it.

    "That's just how the game is, if you don't like it play another game" according to this logic we shouldn't even be asking for buffs or nerfs then lmao. Dislike DS? Play another game. Dislike the gen speed? Play another game. You want killers to get buffed bc they're in a bad state right now (Clown, Leatherface)? Play another game. Lmao.

    Couldn't say it better, good job. You buy the game and because someone wants to play like a halfbrain you literally cannot play it.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344064#Comment_1344064

    You shouldnt be a killer in the game altogether ๐Ÿคฌ LEAVE BUBBA ALONE

    bubba deserves to rot

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344290#Comment_1344290

    Good job? It's inane. 'The killer should not be allowed to kill me because I bought the game and deserve to play until I decide I've played enough. THEN he can kill me'. *Facepalm*

    This is not about "playing enough". It's about not being able to play at all, lmao. If you can't see why this strategy is scummy and totally ruins the experience for the survivor on the hook, I can't help you pal. I can't believe there are people actually defending face-camping, lol.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344310#Comment_1344310

    That's part of the game. Again; do you log into PUB and complain if you die first? You did not get to 'play at all'. But it's part of the game.

    If you can't accept that sometimes you are the first hooked; this game ain't for you.

    Even if you played good; your teammates played better, and you were first hooked. And 90% of all 'Buuuh! Camping is EVIL' complaints are when Survivors swarm the hook & expect the Killer to faff off for a free unhook.

    I can't believe people can't accept that losing is part of the game. And that's all these complaints are; complaints that you lost first, or quickly.

    It happens. It's the nature of a PvP game; someone always has to lose. Stop thinking you're owed any sort of time limit before you can be hooked. That's childish to the extreme.

    It's not about being hooked first oh my god. It's about being hooked and camped to the point that all you can do is just stay there looking at the killer's face until your timer runs out. How hard is that to understand? Now we can't complain about anything that you find ######### or unbalanced because it automatically means that we are "complaining about losing". Idgaf if I lose I just want to play the goddamn game.

    Also, I repeat: if we go by your "that's just how the game is" logic, it means that we can't complain about anything nor ask for any changes at all.

    And "your teammates played better" lol if you're the first to be chased and the killer just face-camps you afterwards it says nothing about your teammates playing better but whatever, you know what? I'm not even gonna bother anymore because you evidently don't understand anything I am saying.

  • Thats why being a good survivor against leatherface is the worst thing to do. They all resort to facecamping cause they can abuse the fact you'll die no matter what. They should really rework his power.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344356#Comment_1344356

    Ok then. How would you change camping? Keep in mind, that there WAS a camping punishment, and Survivors abused it for free unhooks. The Killer is supposed to be able to confirm kills, but because Survivors don't want to die, it's unfair.

    Nevermind that a Killer who facecamps for 2 minutes has basically thrown the match of the other 3 Survivors have ANY brains. But for that ONE Survivor, it's 'unfair'.

    Nevermind that any mechanic put in place to deny the Killer a kill (his objective) would be unfair for the KILLER. That's not a problem. So long as the SURVIVORS are happy, who care about Killers, right? They're not allowed to get a kill if a Survivor thinks it's an 'unfair' kill. Even if that means 'Too early/fast' or 'Tunneled me' or 'used a bad Killer/perk/map'. Those are all UNFAIR, and only the Survivor's fun matters.

    For starters imo least Devs could do would be increasing values of BP loss for camping. And simply do it like it was suggested with some other methods already, if killer is within X meteres radius of hooked person and no other survivor is in it or so killer is actually losing legit amount of BPs per Y sec of camping from summarised BPs after match, and not like 100BPs(yea, I'm overexaggerating, I don't know the exact numbers but they're ridiculously low) in only one category. Maybe if camping guy finishes game with 0BPs he'll consider well, not doing it.

    Of course there will be people who don't give a damn about BPs, but as I said, that's a start.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344356#Comment_1344356

    Ok then. How would you change camping? Keep in mind, that there WAS a camping punishment, and Survivors abused it for free unhooks. The Killer is supposed to be able to confirm kills, but because Survivors don't want to die, it's unfair.

    Nevermind that a Killer who facecamps for 2 minutes has basically thrown the match of the other 3 Survivors have ANY brains. But for that ONE Survivor, it's 'unfair'.

    Nevermind that any mechanic put in place to deny the Killer a kill (his objective) would be unfair for the KILLER. That's not a problem. So long as the SURVIVORS are happy, who care about Killers, right? They're not allowed to get a kill if a Survivor thinks it's an 'unfair' kill. Even if that means 'Too early/fast' or 'Tunneled me' or 'used a bad Killer/perk/map'. Those are all UNFAIR, and only the Survivor's fun matters.

    For starters imo least Devs could do would be increasing values of BP loss for camping. And simply do it like it was suggested with some other methods already, if killer is within X meteres radius of hooked person and no other survivor is in it or so killer is actually losing legit amount of BPs per Y sec of camping from summarised BPs after match, and not like 100BPs(yea, I'm overexaggerating, I don't know the exact numbers but they're ridiculously low) in only one category. Maybe if camping guy finishes game with 0BPs he'll consider well, not doing it.

    Of course there will be people who don't give a damn about BPs, but as I said, that's a start.

  • @Barlor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344404#Comment_1344404

    For starters imo least Devs could do would be increasing values of BP loss for camping. And simply do it like it was suggested with some other methods already, if killer is within X meteres radius of hooked person and no other survivor is in it or so killer is actually losing legit amount of BPs per Y sec of camping from summarised BPs after match, and not like 100BPs(yea, I'm overexaggerating, I don't know the exact numbers but they're ridiculously low) in only one category. Maybe if camping guy finishes game with 0BPs he'll consider well, not doing it.

    Of course there will be people who don't give a damn about BPs, but as I said, that's a start.

    That wouldn't solve any issues and is purely spiteful.

    BP loss won't deter people anyways sense they give up most sacrifice points to face camp(Remember 3 hooking survivors gives around 1/3 - 1/2 the total sacrifice BP).

    Secondly survivors who swarm the hook will force the BP loss despite the killer doing nothing wrong(Even to the game's emblems if the killer is chasing survivors around the hook the camping penalty is more or less non existent).

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344478#Comment_1344478

    That wouldn't solve any issues and is purely spiteful.

    BP loss won't deter people anyways sense they give up most sacrifice points to face camp(Remember 3 hooking survivors gives around 1/3 - 1/2 the total sacrifice BP).

    Secondly survivors who swarm the hook will force the BP loss despite the killer doing nothing wrong(Even to the game's emblems if the killer is chasing survivors around the hook the camping penalty is more or less non existent).

    Yea, as I said it isn't long term solution.

    Ok, they get 1/3, maybe 2/3 sacrifice points considering they'll probably be hanged once or twice, but you still have 3 other categories to farm on.

    And about last point, that's what I meant by saying "if killer is within X meteres radius of hooked person and no other survivor is in it". So if survivors are near proximity of hanged one, and killer gets here he's not losing BPs for the time being.

  • Im gonna be honest, as long as im seeing gens pop in 17 seconds and people defending it, i really dont care about the whining of people who dont want to be face camped. Suck on that chainsaw till it hurts

  • - let his movement speed the same when preparing chainsaw, but take longer time to prepare

    - chainsaw doesnt instant down, but cause Sloppy and deep wound

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344073#Comment_1344073

    See, I don't understand this. I get if you're using Insidious, there's room for error in the early game, but when you're revving your chainsaw for everybody to hear, and they still prioritize a save over gens, well, they're just asking for it.

    My assumption is that they want to belittle the killer (more than usual, of course). They make the willful choice to give a camping killer the 4k, but it MUST be the killers fault that they made that choice.

    Some of them actually think they can report you for facecamping. It's pretty funny actually, especially since I only did it because one of them was flagrantly disrespecting me but wasn't good enough to get away after. I can respect a teabagger that escapes, but if I get my hands on them they can expect to go on a hook and never come back off. Not like "oh I dropped a pallet and hit ctrl now I'm going to run" either, guy was rapidly squatting in place after three consecutive pallets. That's just a lack of respect right there. ๐Ÿ˜

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344502#Comment_1344502

    It would be abused.

    Back in early DBD, there WAS a punishment: If the Killer was in <x> distance of the hook and not in a chase, the Struggle Meter went slower. This gave Survivors more time to pop gens.

    Know what Survivors did? Two stood out in the open. far enough away that the Killer could not start a chase as the game considered it (no chase music cues). Far enough away that the Killer would not fake a chase & then turn back. The fourth did gens with bonus time.

    The Killer either had to commit to the camp, which punished him by progressing slower, while the Survivors tea-bagged in front of him, or he had to commit to 1 chase, which let the OTHER Survivor go for the unhook.

    So the Killer was punished or had to give a free unhook. This is EXACTLY why I say camping punishments are BS, and those asking for them do not care about the Killer's experience. Because it was tried, and Survivors abused it to hell and back.

    Yeah, I know, I've read few threads about camping because well, it comes up often.

    That is different scenario though, in that case killers were punished for camping when giving them clear opportunity to abuse it. (Benefit for hanged survivor)

    I'm suggesting something along: when survivors are near hooked guy, X meteres, killer is not punished with -BPs. And the loss doesn't trigger as soon as survivor leaves hooked guy area obviously, killer would need time to leave it aswell, otherwise he would lose BPs every time he hooks someone, because he didn't teleport instantly out of range, that's why I suggested timer for that, dunno, 10sec or so. Worst case is killer will be patrolling hooked guy every ten seconds.

    I don't see yet ways to abuse it by survivors, we're not giving survivors any benefit in return, just punishment for killer's BPs.

    Or yeah, as you mentioned, maybe simply giving something to the camped guy, but not in terms of played match, but after match, be it bonus BP for each X seconds killer spent camping you (there is already "distraction" action that grants BP, it could be that for example) or some bonus to not depip.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344577#Comment_1344577

    Except Survivors can do the exact same thing; camp 50 meters outside of the Killer's reach & the hook, and force the Killer to lose BP or walk away & give a free unhook.

    All you did was change the punishment. Now Survivors would force the Killer to lose BP while they twerk in plain sight. Toxic Survivors would LOVE for a way to actually take BP from the Killer.

    No.

    Just give the hooked guy some BP to take the sting out of being camped. There's 0 reason to punish Killers, other than spite.

    I mean, I'm mostly playing killers anyways so it's not really a bother to me. I have something around 200h or so at game so I'm not expert at either, it's just my thought.

    Ok, BUT again, when it was all about slowing down hooking progress back then, which could impact gameplay actually by giving survivors real advantage during match by allowing 4th guy to do gens effortlessly, now at worst it would take BPs instead.

    For example, I hooked guy, I see another somewhere far, I may head for him (which well, considering I'm not about to camp would do anyways, I mean looking for other survivors) expecting sooner or later some1 will try to rescue the hooked guy. If I see some1 attempting rescue, I head back to either hit the rescuer, or worst case be called tunneler for hitting rescued guy if saviour didn't have BT. WITHOUT BP PENALTY because other survivor was in "campable" radius, so the timer for BP penalty stopped. Same for being in chase, survivors aren't really gaining anything additional.

    Also coming back to Bubba, is there really any reason for Insidious perk to be in-game? Are there any other uses apart from camping for that perk?

  • Camping isn't toxic. It's a legitimate playstyle. Is it a good playstyle? Not really, but it's not toxic.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344622#Comment_1344622

    But BP is more important than match speed. Matches end no matter what, but BP is used to buy crap in the bloodweb.

    No. I vehemently disagree with any sort of BP-punishment mechanic that players can abuse.

    BP loss should stay in the realm of DCers. Nowhere else.

    I still see no way of abusing it given solutions above. You're not losing BP as killer when other survivor is in campable area, nor when killer is in a chase, or simply looks at other survivor (they have mechanic based on such thing, I mean looking at Ghost face to reveal him, if it was done properly the other way).

    But I think there is nothing else to add, so I guess we can agree at least on some way to lessen the pain of camped ones, be it additional BPs for "distracting" or something.

  • @Frankie said:

    Camping isn't toxic. It's a legitimate playstyle. Is it a good playstyle? Not really, but it's not toxic.

    Completely stopping a player from playing the game is a really antimate way of playing; toxic.

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344633#Comment_1344633

    Survivors stand OUTSIDE THE CAMPING RANGE and in plain view. In this way, the Killer either has to 'camp', and thus lose BP, or chase 1 Survivor and allow a free unhook.

    Again; no. Asking for a BP loss punishment is supreme spite.

    At this point I'm getting tired of repeating myself :p I wrote about possible counter to this, which would be simply looking at other survivor (in your examples, the teabagging one), even if he was standing way outside the radius, or looking in direction of that survivor, but to some range (sorta the way Spine chill works) in case survivors attempted to hide out of view behind obstacles or so.

    Dunno really why you consider BP penalties spitefull either, facecamping Bubba will run out of add-ons eventually this way.

  • @Bugcats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344629#Comment_1344629

    Completely stopping a player from playing the game is a really antimate way of playing; toxic.

    It's a PvP game. 4 survivors vs 1 killer. It isn't toxic. Or do you think every person is toxic in any PvP game when they don't play like you would want them to? Or just DBD?

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344656#Comment_1344656

    It's spiteful because the only reason you want campers to lose BP is because you hate camping. It's not balance. It's purely a 'punish what I don't like' idea.

    No.

    Still I think we have misunderstanding. We're not trying to punish something because I personally don't like it, but because facecamping literally prevents 1 guy from playing the game. And don't start with the PUBG bs, they're two different games, with completely different mechanics and playstyles. You may literally join next PUBG match in seconds, few minutes tops as soon as you die. In DBD you w8 bit longer than that for match.

    So yea, main idea would be to at least give any slight chance to that facecamped guy to survive rather than play "watch beautiful scenery of basement with ya boi Bubba" till you die by giving some punishment so it's not worth doing. If not for the mentality of camped guys that attempt to at least struggle during that phase to buy other survivors some time you would probably see those camping Bubbas more often.

    Again, I'm playing killers mostly, but imo it just ruins fun for that facecamped guy. Is it really better to win by facecamping than actually play the game?

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344677#Comment_1344677

    I'm done. Camping is a legit tactic that hurts the killer; the secure 1 kill and give up 3-5 generators. Boo hoo if it happens to you, me, or anyone else; that's how PvP games go.

    No, the Killer should not be punished for playing a LEGIT (if bad) tactic.

    Yes, Survivors should get some sort of BP for 'distracting' the Killer, to reduce the sting of being camped to death.

    Punishing the Killer is as unfair as being the one camped, because sometimes camping is the right play.

    I'm done replying. I've said, multiple times, why punishing camping is bad.

    The only legit , explainable use for camping is EGC, when you know there is no point attempting chase at this moment without certainty of downing some1 additional. Somewhere in older threads there was done math about how many gens at best may be done during full face-camp, and it was nowhere close to 5gens.

    Dude again, if there is some ######### play that prevents someone from playing you'd think about ways to prevent people from that, and only way I see is to punish them somehow. If you play CS and someone is teamkilling they're kicked out of match or punished some other way to prevent people from doing it intentionally. And not leave it the way it is just because "that's how PvP games work".

    At least we can agree about something for the camped one, which is nice.

  • When it comes to camping, I only do it if you think you're being cute/going out of your way to annoy me. But maybe if it's Bubba, they probably playin Basement Bubba so they vibin u3u And if I ever face camp you, hope I bring Marshmallows o3o

  • @Hex_Generator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344677#Comment_1344677

    I'm done. Camping is a legit tactic that hurts the killer; the secure 1 kill and give up 3-5 generators. Boo hoo if it happens to you, me, or anyone else; that's how PvP games go.

    No, the Killer should not be punished for playing a LEGIT (if bad) tactic.

    Yes, Survivors should get some sort of BP for 'distracting' the Killer, to reduce the sting of being camped to death.

    Punishing the Killer is as unfair as being the one camped, because sometimes camping is the right play.

    I'm done replying. I've said, multiple times, why punishing camping is bad.

    Also quick maths as stated on DBD wiki:

    Solo gen - 80sec (without TB)

    Being hooked - 60 sec each phase (120 sec total)

    So at best we're having 3 people capable of doing gens. Let's consider best case scenario, which is all 3 standing at gens at the moment of 4th guy being hooked. You're getting full 3 gens, and 40sec left. Again, best case,during those 40sec you all meet at 4th gen, take into consideration time needed to get to that gen. At very best you're having 4gens done by the moment camped one dies. But let's be real, it's rarely gonna best case. More probably some survs will check whether it's possible to save that guy, spend time on looking for gens and such.

  • @Barlor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344686#Comment_1344686

    Also quick maths as stated on DBD wiki:

    Solo gen - 80sec (without TB)

    Being hooked - 60 sec each phase (120 sec total)

    So at best we're having 3 people capable of doing gens. Let's consider best case scenario, which is all 3 standing at gens at the moment of 4th guy being hooked. You're getting full 3 gens, and 40sec left. Again, best case,during those 40sec you all meet at 4th gen, take into consideration time needed to get to that gen. At very best you're having 4gens done by the moment camped one dies. But let's be real, it's rarely gonna best case. More probably some survs will check whether it's possible to save that guy, spend time on looking for gens and such.

    it would be a 4th gen and half of the 5th or 4.5 gens ideally(Not counting great skill check bonus progression or time taken to run between gens or the time to realize its a face camp)

    So if the person who got camped looped for .5+ of a gen time(Not hard for anyone who isn't boosted in high greens/low purples or above) then all other survivors should theoretically complete all gens before he gets fully sacrificed.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344709#Comment_1344709

    it would be a 4th gen and half of the 5th or 4.5 gens ideally(Not counting great skill check bonus progression or time taken to run between gens or the time to realize its a face camp)

    So if the person who got camped looped for .5+ of a gen time(Not hard for anyone who isn't boosted in high greens/low purples or above) then all other survivors should theoretically complete all gens before he gets fully sacrificed.

    Ok, my bad for not taking great skill checks into consideration, let's say the time spent looking for gens nullifies those. From wiki, 3 people working on one gen without Prove Thyself or boxes would take ~38.1 seconds. Still, we're talking about best case scenario, not the more probable get to gen, do bones, check chests etc. case. Ofc it depends on how long the potentially facecamped guy can loop killer tho.

โ€น 1 2