Let's argue, unpopular opinions!

Welcoming all hot takes, unpopular opinions and tough questions! What controversial opinion do you have about this game?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Amanda should not of been Pig.

    Hoffman should have.

  • Ace has built in Iron Will.

  • Killers should have unmasked skins.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Amanda should not of been Pig.

    Hoffman should have.

    ######### Hoffman.

    Gordon was the one true disciple.

  • Exhaustion perks are extremely overrated past the first interaction with the killer. As soon as they know which one you have a smart killer will play around them, and at that point you have 3.5 perks instead of 4.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Amanda should not of been Pig.

    Hoffman should have.

    You shut your ######### mouth.

  • Pantsless Myers should be completely pantsless.

  • Also, proxy camping is valid and encouraged among the Killer community and colleagues

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343169#Comment_1343169

    ######### Hoffman.

    Gordon was the one true disciple.

    Hoffman is the ultimate killer.

    The voice recognition scene in part 6...solidified his status as an supreme alpha. And then he continues whooping in part 7. Hoffman = the man.

  • @LordRegal said:

    Exhaustion perks are extremely overrated past the first interaction with the killer. As soon as they know which one you have a smart killer will play around them, and at that point you have 3.5 perks instead of 4.

    Head on gets 'em every time, every time, when they least except it :)

  • Oh, and also, I think End Game ruined killers because of the new hatch spawn mechanics. I pretty much have to slug every game now if I want the 4k.

  • Nothing in-game is toxic. The only thing that is toxic is the flaming in the post-game chat

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343174#Comment_1343174

    Hoffman is the ultimate killer.

    The voice recognition scene in part 6...solidified his status as an supreme alpha. And then he continues whooping in part 7. Hoffman = the man.

    Hoffman was the embodiment of the franchise jumping the shark. Which is a REALLY high bar for a torture-porn franchise.

    Absolutely awful.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Amanda should not of been Pig.

    Hoffman should have.

    Agreed, I hope Hoffman is a legendary skin.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343192#Comment_1343192

    Hoffman was the embodiment of the franchise jumping the shark. Which is a REALLY high bar for a torture-porn franchise.

    Absolutely awful.

    Hoffman didn't have the goriest kills, I think that would be Amanda. Well, when Jill died it was pretty gory. Saw isn't as torture porn as something like terrifier though.

  • @Blendette_will_Evade said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343186#Comment_1343186

    Head on gets 'em every time, every time, when they least except it :)

    Trapper mains know how to easily counter head on :).

  • @Blendette_will_Evade said:

    Ace has built in Iron Will.

    I disagree, I think he is very loud sometimes actually.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Killers should have unmasked skins.

    I agree, I want a fully unmasked trapper skin, we can only see half of his face. I doubt they would make an unmasked Michael or Bubba skin though.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    Nothing in-game is toxic. The only thing that is toxic is the flaming in the post-game chat

    I agree, even though t bagging is kind of toxic, I would just categorise it as annoying.

  • I'm having some troublesome memories, thanks.

  • Hoffman! Hoffman! Hoffman! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

  • Lithe is the 2nd best exhaustion perk to SB. DH is joint 3rd with Head On.

    Plague and Legion are decent killers and viable.

  • My head is hurting from deja vu right now

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343189#Comment_1343189

    Hoffman! Hoffman! Hoffman! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    I'd be cool with legendary Hoffman skin. Idk, the fat cop pig profile was silly to me. I enjoyed 123 more than 456+7.

    It'd be cool to see and hear the boop of Hoffman's snoot. I think that'd help convince me.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    My head is hurting from deja vu right now

    Speaking of deja vu, the perk Deja Vu is one of the most underrated perks, and should be used more often.

  • @Vox_Nocturne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343323#Comment_1343323

    Speaking of deja vu, the perk Deja Vu is one of the most underrated perks, and should be used more often.

    It is the least valuable perk in the entire game in terms of ability, but it is not without purpose. Anyone with a map benefits right at the start of the trial, and the perks intent is to help you directly alter the state of late game by determining if your team conquers center gens or not.

    There is likely a change in how a survivor would play upon the reveal of that immediate information. A survivor who knows the center gen location versus an experienced survivor who approximates that location are two totally different scenario with different spectrums of possible outcomes during late game.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343303#Comment_1343303

    I'd be cool with legendary Hoffman skin. Idk, the fat cop pig profile was silly to me. I enjoyed 123 more than 456+7.

    It'd be cool to see and hear the boop of Hoffman's snoot. I think that'd help convince me.

    Problem is that Amanda is 107lbs (listed) whilst Hoffman is an absolute unit. It would be hard for him hide in the long grass etc.

    I wasn't so much a fan of 3/4/5...but I have a soft spot for 6/7...there's another unpopular opinion right there ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Shape's boring.

  • @Poweas said:

    Lithe is the 2nd best exhaustion perk to SB. DH is joint 3rd with Head On.

    Plague and Legion are decent killers and viable.

    I would argue that lithe is better than sprint burst. I agree, Plague and Legion are decently viable, and underutilised.

  • @Boss said:

    Shape's boring.

    I think he is fun to play against. I used to love playing him, but he has the most outdated power right now.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343352#Comment_1343352

    I think he is fun to play against. I used to love playing him, but he has the most outdated power right now.

    He just stares and does M1-Killer stuff.

    The bit of excitement i get from him only comes from people adopting his specific playstyle of laying low.

    At least Ghost Face can do a proper peek-a-boo around corners, plus t-bag.

    Nah, i think he's the most bland Killer right now.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343325#Comment_1343325

    Problem is that Amanda is 107lbs (listed) whilst Hoffman is an absolute unit. It would be hard for him hide in the long grass etc.

    I wasn't so much a fan of 3/4/5...but I have a soft spot for 6/7...there's another unpopular opinion right there ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Yea true amanda pig is supposed to be much smaller than fatty pig, however I see that being incorporated into his skin design somewhat.

    Amanda pig has a certain height that can be awkwardly matched with more fatty pig stooping, but there's obvious limitations. The girth cannot be helped as Amanda pig is very smol in overall thiccness and fatty pig is fat daddy fatty thicc. The crouch is much more difficult to awkwardly stoop in, so I think if there would be a legendary Hoffman skin, the contrast in size and shape would be of greater disparity than the FJSJ legion skins.

    But they could still add him as a skin without the hokey pokey stooping, and simply compromise by giving him anything but a bright red coat. He could have stealthy colors and be larger without it being a big deal to most players, amirite?

    Or simply add him as a new killer entirely, call him The Pigg with two G's so nobody gets confused as to how thicc of a pigg they need to play.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343315#Comment_1343315

    I would argue that lithe is better than sprint burst. I agree, Plague and Legion are decently viable, and underutilised.

    Honestly, it does give some CRAZY distance. But I would say SB is stronger just because of the ability to escape deadzones effortlessly.

  • Not sure if it's unpopular but at times it feels like it is, so...

    Unless something is not working as intended, it's impossible to be "robbed" of anything. Kills, escapes - you name it. Thinking that way is a very bad mindset to have as it can lead to actual and genuine ungrounded entitlement. No, the end-game DS or hatch didn't rob you of a kill. No, the surprise NOED, the Rancor or end-game camp didn't rob you of an escape. You didn't get the kill, you didn't escape - deal with it.

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343354#Comment_1343354

    He just stares and does M1-Killer stuff.

    The bit of excitement i get from him only comes from people adopting his specific playstyle of laying low.

    At least Ghost Face can do a proper peek-a-boo around corners, plus t-bag.

    Nah, i think he's the most bland Killer right now.

    Ghostface can also use crouching [by crouching and uncrouching quickly during a chase] to make it look like they are faking an attack, to bait out dead hard. Can crouch around certain loops, if the walls are tall enough, to make the survivor guess where you are coming from. Ghostface can do alot of mind gaming, Myers simply can't. Ghostface crouching simply has many uses and allows ghostface to simply pull off way more mind gaming than Myers.

  • They should've gone with Robert Englund Freddy or no Freddy at all.

  • @oxygen said:

    Not sure if it's unpopular but at times it feels like it is, so...

    Unless something is not working as intended, it's impossible to be "robbed" of anything. Kills, escapes - you name it. Thinking that way is a very bad mindset to have as it can lead to actual and genuine ungrounded entitlement. No, the end-game DS or hatch didn't rob you of a kill. No, the surprise NOED, the Rancor or end-game camp didn't rob you of an escape. You didn't get the kill, you didn't escape - deal with it.

    I agree, nobody is robbed of a kill unless it is unintended like the grab glitch.

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343361#Comment_1343361

    Ghostface can also use crouching [by crouching and uncrouching quickly during a chase] to make it look like they are faking an attack, to bait out dead hard. Can crouch around certain loops, if the walls are tall enough, to make the survivor guess where you are coming from. Ghostface can do alot of mind gaming, Myers simply can't. Ghostface crouching simply has many uses and allows ghostface to simply pull off way more mind gaming than Myers.

    I never thought of him that way. You can also use the crouch for the smolface add-ons.

  • Spirit, Freddy and doctor needs a nerf :)

  • @Tjiani said:

    Spirit, Freddy and doctor needs a nerf :)

    Disagree. Spirit is fine as she is, she is just strong. Freddy is very balanced, and doesn't have anything too overpowered about him. Doctor is weak, the last thing he needs is a nerf. I know you only posted this to trigger some people from the passive aggressive smiley face ;).

  • Tenacity is one of the 4-5 best survivor perks, it's better than Unbreakable.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Tenacity is one of the 4-5 best survivor perks, it's better than Unbreakable.

    Agreed, it is one of my favourite perks, it is so underrated. With so many killers slugging, tenacity should be meta.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343460#Comment_1343460

    I never thought of him that way. You can also use the crouch for the smolface add-ons.

    Ah yes the meme add ons.

    @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343474#Comment_1343474

    Disagree. Spirit is fine as she is, she is just strong. Freddy is very balanced, and doesn't have anything too overpowered about him. Doctor is weak, the last thing he needs is a nerf. I know you only posted this to trigger some people from the passive aggressive smiley face ;).

    I love playing against Spirits. Always fun to play against. Freddy, no issue with him. Which one thing many killers could do with right now i would say, is add on reworks. To make some of their more questionable add ons, a bit more useful and not make you question, why would anyone ever use this?

  • When dealing with flashloghts franklins demise is overrated and lightborne is underrated.

  • Dead Hard is the most broken Survivor Perk in the game. Anyone who thinks "just wait it out" or "just bait it" have no idea how to use the Perk properly. People love to go on and on about how NOED rewards Killers for being bad, but Dead Hard for distance is the single best mistake-fixer in the game. It has the capability to extend a chase a ridiculous amount with the press of a button and reward Survivors for being outplayed. The Survivor can make the biggest mistake ever in a chase and get mindgamed into utter oblivion, but as long as they know where to point their Dead Hard, it just doesn't matter. They get to drop a pallet, vault a window, and just overall extend the loop and the Killer can't do jack diddly squat about it, because they had a Perk. Not because they got outplayed or because they made mistakes, but because the Survivor clicked on a little diamond with a picture in it before the match started.

    How would I fix it? Remove it from the game.

  • Up The Ante and Slippery Meat can actually be useful at times.

  • Mother Daughter Ring is kind of overpowered ( especially when sounds are working properly ) and might need some tweaks.

  • Ghostface gets most of his kills because his reveal mechanic is broken. If that was working properly he'd be far weaker than he is.

  • Unpopular one: SWF's should get reduced bps and pip gains to balance the advantage they get during the game.

  • Adrenaline is overrated. FIGHT ME

โ€น 1 2