Stop blaming DS for lack of strategy.

Im honestly sick and tired of seeing the complaints about DS. I'm a 6k hour killer main with 16.5k kills yes i know this matter little. Ds does NOT affect my games in the least. sure... there are situations when i get dsd in the gate and they escape BUT.... It VERY rarely gets to endgame. i'm not trying to say i'm the greatest killer in the world but the only time it gets to endgame is when im facing that 0.5% 4 stack on comms with metas. it really isn't the perk that's a problem its your strat and swf breaks the game if the survivors are really good at the game. SLug em it's still map pressure not as good as a hook, but still pressure. just play the game guys you win you win you lose you lose. it is that simple



GGS

Comments

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268747#Comment_1268747

    noed can also be annoying but at least it has viable counters unlike ds

    Noed and ds are both fine

  • @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268848#Comment_1268848

    if they're right next to me when I hook the survivor the game automatically goes for a grab , I take it you dont play much killer.

    Scroll up.

    Also if you think it might grab instead turn your camera away and swing into them. I've accidentally grabbed before too but you DO have control over it. Input errors are nothing new to gaming. Even the best players do it.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267688#Comment_1267688

    If you don't tunnel it has no power.

    This is not hard to understand. STOP GOING FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS JUST HOOKED. There are 4 survivors, in a normal game only 1 DS will be active at any given time. If more than 1 is active at once then you are basically dominating them as killer. If you suspect they have DS slug them, you should only need to wait AT MOST 15 seconds.

    I played 8 games the other night, every game had at least 2 DS players. Know how many times I got hit by DS? ZERO. Because I didn't tunnel I spread out the damage. I got a 4k every game except 2, one was a 2k because I threw the game to get my GF daily, and another was a 3k because the last one was a friend and I basically let her go. Red ranks BTW.

    But yea, tell me again how it's OH SO HARD to play around DS. Maybe don't just pick up survivors like a bot, think a little before you act, and you won't get hit with DS. Or stop tunneling. You are doing one of those 2 things if you keep getting hit by DS.

    Leave the survivor on the ground and their buddy just does a drive by rez while you are chasing someone. now you have a 40 second gen to contend with as they work together.

    Leave ds in the game and enjoy the ds, bt wombo combo at the end game.

    moon walking does nothing against good survivors. and not everyone gets to hit through dropped pallets like you see streamers do thanks to sub 20 ping...

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    Im honestly sick and tired of seeing the complaints about DS. I'm a 6k hour killer main with 16.5k kills yes i know this matter little. Ds does NOT affect my games in the least. sure... there are situations when i get dsd in the gate and they escape BUT.... It VERY rarely gets to endgame. i'm not trying to say i'm the greatest killer in the world but the only time it gets to endgame is when im facing that 0.5% 4 stack on comms with metas. it really isn't the perk that's a problem its your strat and swf breaks the game if the survivors are really good at the game. SLug em it's still map pressure not as good as a hook, but still pressure. just play the game guys you win you win you lose you lose. it is that simple

    GGS

    The reason why current DS is problematic is that it punishes killers who are being efficient and quick at downing survivors without tunneling. Second chance perks such as deadhard, DS, BT, for the people, unbreakable are not "strategy". They are literally perks that give you second chance that let you escape for free, not requiring any skills at all. Same for killer's perk. Imo enduring + spirit fury combo is a bullshit combo that gives you a free down. I don't think fury should exist.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267688#Comment_1267688

    If you would like to learn what to do i play every night at 8pm est you can come watch. If i down someone off hook its to punish the jerk who thinks they can pull right in front of me. i leave em on the ground he gets up in 60 seconds so be it he doesn't unfortunately i'm going to hook them again. But ds is never detrimental to my killing is all. I don't see all the RAGE about it. Of course i've had games where it hit me endgame and i lost the one kill but oh well on to the next. I've double pipped with one person escaping which tells me 4ks aren't necessary to win.

    PS.. i'm not trying to say im better than you i'm truly trying to demonstrate what i do which leaves me with no issue.

    You probably are better than i am.

    The problem with this game is that your physical location plays a HUGE part in your experience. The majority of my games are against swf (see them often as a group and also check friends list) but according to the stats "4 man swf are rare". Solos are rare for me to face and stand out like a sore thumb when i get them.

    My perspective of this game is sadly from the ever so "rare" 4 man swat squads where nothing i do can stall them, and they know every safe point on every loop like the back of their hand.

    I will admit that things have gotten a bit easier since they blocked commands being entered into engine.ini so i guess many were using that to cheat and see through the walls.

  • @Akito said:

    The reason people are pissed about DS is

    first: Even after a chase against another survivor you gonna get DSed if you find and down the survivor fast. This doesn't make any sense.

    second: If the survivor has unbreakable and as a killer the survivor is just running at you so the smart play here is to down him - there's no counterplay. You down him bc you want effective map pressure (>slugs<, hooks, kills). But if you slug him no one has to take care of him. He has unbreakable. So he isn't technically pressured. After 24 seconds he's automatically back. But if you pick him up he DS's you. And if you don't down him you have to chase him 60 seconds and keep in mind that you can't kill im yet because DS can be still active...

    third: Hopping in a locker reminds me of old facecamping. You can't do nothing. And again that's map pressure you can't take advantage of.

    So how could you fix that?

    Personally I would like to see DS working like the EGC. Once you got unhooked DS becomes active for 20 seconds. (kinda like BT).

    If you get downed during the 20 seconds the timer runs a quarter of the normal speed. (up to 80 seconds)

    During this time you can't pick up yourself.

    Obviously Unbreakable wouldn't work and someone has to come to pick you up.

    You have enough time to reach the next pallet or the next window if the killer decides to go for you. He is forced to give you a fair amount of time to initiate a full chase. This also pretends that survivors let them get downed right before the up to 80 seconds are running out.

    And if the killer decides to down you he is forced to a) eat the stun and also give you a fair chance for another full chase. Or he leaves you on the ground and takes the map pressure. So he won't tunnel you but someone has to heal you up and leave the gen for a second. So he can take advantage of you. That pretends that survivors just run at you because they're running DS and unbreakable so that they couldn't care less of getting downed. Aka god mode.

    So DS works like Borrowed Time. But DS is a one time thing so you have to make it worth it. You can reach 20 meters more than BT. But it leaves the killer to down you. In this case he can take advantage of you but you also receive a chance of getting out of this sittuation and not getting tunneled.

    Why a quarter and not a third? DS would punish hardcore tunneling and facecamping the most. You would have enough time crawling away from the hook or out of the basement and your teammates would've also enough time to heal you up. This also helps so that killer wouldn't just sit out the timer. let's say you get downed in the last 5 seconds of DS being active. It would slow down the timer to 20 seconds. 20 seconds can still be enough for you reaching the pallet or getting picked up by your teammates.

    And me when I am playing killer I would think of twice if I want to down you before you throw the potential pallet and just wait the last 20 seconds or if i give you the throw, try to mindgame the pallet and during this dance DS just runs out. In both cases DS leaves you a chance the killer the option of what's happening next.

    1: Why go back to tunneling the unhooked? You have no gens to pressure? Even if he comes back to you, you simply hit him and leave him on the ground, ez

    2: Again, why do you go back to tunneling? If he just runs at you, you hit him, slug him, gg ez. Unbreakable doesn't mean anything. He could use the time to do better things, but now he is on the ground wasting time and wasting his one time use perk. You are effectively slowing down the game.

    3: And again, why do you go back to tunneling? You got nothing better to do other than staring at a locker? This is pure stupidity, and you only have yourself to blame if you lose. Why so obsessed with just one survivor?

    All 3 sums up to stop tunneling, literally. There are so many other things to do, but you'd rather chase the unhook, so that's basically your fault. And if tunneling is your strategy, you don't really deserve wins in high ranks, since that's no brain no skill. If you stop tunneling, you will notice that DS doesn't even exist anymore.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1266611#Comment_1266611

    I'm not him but as someone who mained OG Freddy I can confirm I bought him after a few 4K's with smoking splinters at rank six. Classic Freddy actually was pretty strong with certain playstyles and builds as he could waste survivors time sleeping and harassing them so they stay asleep more than survivors can waste Freddy's time looping him. (You had to juggle targets constantly. If you're being looped, disengage and try to ambush them) If someone wakes up disengage and go over to re-sleep them, etc.

    Combine his potent stall and tracking (OG Freddy's base kit makes rework "Forever Freddy" look like a big joke meaning perks like Ruin or tracking perks are less "Crucial") with a tiny terror radius and heavy build variety (Paint Brush + M&A for no TR freddy. The drawings for extreme range, pill bottle for easy jumpscare or surprise grabs, class photo for easy sleep, Discordance to jump-start your Freddy game with 2 easy sleeps,) + survivors likely having little experience with Freddy (I mean, you're high rank. You probably face Spirit, Billy, Huntress, Nurse, etc. very often...but FREDDY!?) allows for easy hits during the sleep transition mindgames. Don't forget cocky survivors tend to "Commit" to a gen praying for a skillcheck during the transition. They expect to have 7 seconds but with addons it can be as little as 3 seconds, allowing very easy gen-grabs on survivors.

    IIRC my most used Freddy perks were BBQ, Discordance, Monitor and Abuse, Haunted Grounds, STBFL, PYWF, Rancor, Bamboozle, etc. Very rarely did I actually run endgame builds. During the Mettle Of Man Crisis I'd often run STBFL, PYWF, M&A, and Rancor as a "One Punch Freddy" build designed to ignore the MoM+DS+DH+Adrenaline+Instaheal Mcloopypants all game, only to one-hit-mori them at the very end.

    Thanks for reply, really appreciated man +++. Voted up.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1266491#Comment_1266491

    You must be a damn terrible killer if you can't find anyone else in 60 seconds.

    I like to think it was a match like that:

    https://youtu.be/55d3sjA8VMY

    🤣

    PS 60 sec ?

  • @rabldong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151399/stop-blaming-ds-for-lack-of-strategy

    The reason why current DS is problematic is that it punishes killers who are being efficient and quick at downing survivors without tunneling. Second chance perks such as deadhard, DS, BT, for the people, unbreakable are not "strategy". They are literally perks that give you second chance that let you escape for free, not requiring any skills at all. Same for killer's perk. Imo enduring + spirit fury combo is a bullshit combo that gives you a free down. I don't think fury should exist.

    You did my day ^..^ with your statement, yes, it punishes the most efficient killers in the mini world of DBD, probably not.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSu5RuSuQ28

    PS I never face DS when i play Killer, really strange. It means i am not efficient at all -..- even if i do many hooks, many times 4k and i have a 32000 match -..-

  • @CantDeadHarder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265548#Comment_1265548

    so because a few high profile dbd streamers said they don't like the perk you believed the perk wasn't fair too? Stop the mob mentality, play the game and make up your own opinion.

    I do play the game and I agree with them. it's a highly abusable perk that's not healthy for the game in its current state and needs a change. Plus devs said they are looking into the perk because it is highly abusable, so mob mentality or not it's getting change and it is a problem.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265548#Comment_1265548

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265575#Comment_1265575

    isnt Slugging currently the META strat for killer? If it was such an issue then surely it wouldn’t be one of the main ways to get a win as a killer? lol also, you don’t have to slug, why not hit the person unhooking (or you kno, grab them??) and then go after them instead of trying to be a cheapskate and tunnel the player that was just on hook? There are ways to play around Decisive and it’s not even that good of a perk anymore. My friends who like running decisive have been forcing themselves into lockers just to force the decisive because killers are more proactively slugging and countering decisive. If you’re too lazy to do it then that’s on you and not the ingame mechanic available to the survivor.

    also as much respect that I have for the people that you named - their opinion is no more valid than yours or mine. Being a “top player” doesn’t matter in this game because you will still get paired randomly with players - and you can get extremely good players losing and vice versa bc of this game lol

    "it’s not even that good of a perk anymore." This tells me you don't know how strong DS is. It's literally in every single game at red ranks, it wouldn't be if it wasn't a strong perk. It's easily abuse-able and it's deserving of a change too be more fair. If it's used in most games then it is strong, end of the story lol.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269163#Comment_1269163

    "it’s not even that good of a perk anymore." This tells me you don't know how strong DS is. It's literally in every single game at red ranks, it wouldn't be if it wasn't a strong perk. It's easily abuse-able and it's deserving of a change too be more fair. If it's used in most games then it is strong, end of the story lol.

    Except it isn’t because I play at red ranks. I know what DS does, I know how stupidly beloved it is by survivors - but the truth is, the perk isn’t that good.


    it is very easy to counter and can only be a activated in certain situations which is the balancing factor. Especially in the new forthcoming meta of slugging survivors - and it being only usable once. Stop crying

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269936#Comment_1269936

    Except it isn’t because I play at red ranks. I know what DS does, I know how stupidly beloved it is by survivors - but the truth is, the perk isn’t that good.

    it is very easy to counter and can only be a activated in certain situations which is the balancing factor. Especially in the new forthcoming meta of slugging survivors - and it being only usable once. Stop crying

    "stop crying" shows how blatantly you have no clue what you are talking about. Please stop, ty.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270045#Comment_1270045

    "stop crying" shows how blatantly you have no clue what you are talking about. Please stop, ty.

    You should stop embarrassing yourself by crying over a perk that is counterable, has special requirements, can only be used once and is one of the only ways to punish a killer for tunneling.

    im mot being biased, but realistic. I usually when playing killer burn through the decisive early on so it’s not a Plan B in end-game.


    Most killers have adapted and changed their play style to make decisive redundant in which in that case - is one less perk a survivor can work with. So yeah, stop crying.

  • @rabldong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151399/stop-blaming-ds-for-lack-of-strategy

    The reason why current DS is problematic is that it punishes killers who are being efficient and quick at downing survivors without tunneling. Second chance perks such as deadhard, DS, BT, for the people, unbreakable are not "strategy". They are literally perks that give you second chance that let you escape for free, not requiring any skills at all. Same for killer's perk. Imo enduring + spirit fury combo is a bullshit combo that gives you a free down. I don't think fury should exist.

    Fury enduring has counterplay by dropping pallets early it's brain dead till it stops working

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269194#Comment_1269194

    I do play the game and I agree with them. it's a highly abusable perk that's not healthy for the game in its current state and needs a change. Plus devs said they are looking into the perk because it is highly abusable, so mob mentality or not it's getting change and it is a problem.

    Highly abuseable is highly debatable. If we used your logic, BBQ and PGTW is highly abuseable on killers like Freddy. Don't tell me to run half way across the map and try to find a locker. That's very annoying counterplay and nobody wants to hear it. You have perks that literally remove and prevent survivor objective. DS does a little of the same way but not even as much and you don't like it.

  • @AvengerBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267803#Comment_1267803

    1: Why go back to tunneling the unhooked? You have no gens to pressure? Even if he comes back to you, you simply hit him and leave him on the ground, ez

    2: Again, why do you go back to tunneling? If he just runs at you, you hit him, slug him, gg ez. Unbreakable doesn't mean anything. He could use the time to do better things, but now he is on the ground wasting time and wasting his one time use perk. You are effectively slowing down the game.

    3: And again, why do you go back to tunneling? You got nothing better to do other than staring at a locker? This is pure stupidity, and you only have yourself to blame if you lose. Why so obsessed with just one survivor?

    All 3 sums up to stop tunneling, literally. There are so many other things to do, but you'd rather chase the unhook, so that's basically your fault. And if tunneling is your strategy, you don't really deserve wins in high ranks, since that's no brain no skill. If you stop tunneling, you will notice that DS doesn't even exist anymore.

    You don't play killer that often right? That's okay but then you should try reading threads carefully. I won't give you exambles for reasons you go should go straight for the unhooked guy. When I play survivor and I get unhooked even when the Killer just found a new chase and in jured the survivor he just come back from the other side of the map to tunnel so don't ask me.

    But even the fact that I mentioned that DS should be active for only 20 seconds is the prove that you are probably one of those "dare you wanna fix my cheesy trash perk". Because if I did not came back to the unhooked survivor this guy won't run at me the next 60 seconds because DS is still active. It's just active right after the unhook for a short amount of time to get out of the worst case.

    So and if you made it out theres no reason to have DS active for a whole minute right? So that if I found you on my way I don't have to be worried to get DSed even if I didn't tunneled you off the hook.

    So you are kinda right. Why should I get back and tunnel? Right. And why should you have DS still active even when I did not go back and tunnel you :)

  • @rabldong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151399/stop-blaming-ds-for-lack-of-strategy

    The reason why current DS is problematic is that it punishes killers who are being efficient and quick at downing survivors without tunneling. Second chance perks such as deadhard, DS, BT, for the people, unbreakable are not "strategy". They are literally perks that give you second chance that let you escape for free, not requiring any skills at all. Same for killer's perk. Imo enduring + spirit fury combo is a bullshit combo that gives you a free down. I don't think fury should exist.

    "The reason why current NOED is problematic is that it punishes survivors who are being efficient and quick at finishing gens without 3 genning themselves."

    I'm sure you can see the problem with this statement. Now look at your own statement.

    It doesn't punish killers for being efficient, it punishes them for not changing their tactics.

  • DS is entirely avoidable. If it hits you, it's on you for failing to strategize efficiently. Plus, a 4 second stun isn't gonna completely kill all of your momentum.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    Im honestly sick and tired of seeing the complaints about DS. I'm a 6k hour killer main with 16.5k kills yes i know this matter little. Ds does NOT affect my games in the least. sure... there are situations when i get dsd in the gate and they escape BUT.... It VERY rarely gets to endgame. i'm not trying to say i'm the greatest killer in the world but the only time it gets to endgame is when im facing that 0.5% 4 stack on comms with metas. it really isn't the perk that's a problem its your strat and swf breaks the game if the survivors are really good at the game. SLug em it's still map pressure not as good as a hook, but still pressure. just play the game guys you win you win you lose you lose. it is that simple

    GGS

    DS only affect to those who tunnel. If you don't tunnel, you make them waste a perk slot.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269692#Comment_1269692

    You don't play killer that often right? That's okay but then you should try reading threads carefully. I won't give you exambles for reasons you go should go straight for the unhooked guy. When I play survivor and I get unhooked even when the Killer just found a new chase and in jured the survivor he just come back from the other side of the map to tunnel so don't ask me.

    But even the fact that I mentioned that DS should be active for only 20 seconds is the prove that you are probably one of those "dare you wanna fix my cheesy trash perk". Because if I did not came back to the unhooked survivor this guy won't run at me the next 60 seconds because DS is still active. It's just active right after the unhook for a short amount of time to get out of the worst case.

    So and if you made it out theres no reason to have DS active for a whole minute right? So that if I found you on my way I don't have to be worried to get DSed even if I didn't tunneled you off the hook.

    So you are kinda right. Why should I get back and tunnel? Right. And why should you have DS still active even when I did not go back and tunnel you :)

    20 second DS? That sounds like you wanna gut the perk.

  • @CantDeadHarder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265574#Comment_1265574

    so because he doesn't have the mob mentality of 90% of the killer mains on here, is your evidence that his stats aren't true? lol ok. There is doubt of course yes, but that is not evidence lol.

    Yes if multiple people come to a similar conclusion it's mob mentality

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269199#Comment_1269199

    Yes if multiple people come to a similar conclusion it's mob mentality

    Coming to a similar conclusion on your own is one thing, but coming to a conclusion because of what other people think is mob mentality.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    Im honestly sick and tired of seeing the complaints about DS. I'm a 6k hour killer main with 16.5k kills yes i know this matter little. Ds does NOT affect my games in the least. sure... there are situations when i get dsd in the gate and they escape BUT.... It VERY rarely gets to endgame. i'm not trying to say i'm the greatest killer in the world but the only time it gets to endgame is when im facing that 0.5% 4 stack on comms with metas. it really isn't the perk that's a problem its your strat and swf breaks the game if the survivors are really good at the game. SLug em it's still map pressure not as good as a hook, but still pressure. just play the game guys you win you win you lose you lose. it is that simple

    GGS

    Anyone who says DS does not affect your games is lying. Because if you work around it...its affecting your game. If you take it and get stunned...its affecting your game. The only way it not affecting your game is if its not in the match at the time. Thats it. Otherwise it is.

  • @Akito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269692#Comment_1269692

    You don't play killer that often right? That's okay but then you should try reading threads carefully. I won't give you exambles for reasons you go should go straight for the unhooked guy. When I play survivor and I get unhooked even when the Killer just found a new chase and in jured the survivor he just come back from the other side of the map to tunnel so don't ask me.

    But even the fact that I mentioned that DS should be active for only 20 seconds is the prove that you are probably one of those "dare you wanna fix my cheesy trash perk". Because if I did not came back to the unhooked survivor this guy won't run at me the next 60 seconds because DS is still active. It's just active right after the unhook for a short amount of time to get out of the worst case.

    So and if you made it out theres no reason to have DS active for a whole minute right? So that if I found you on my way I don't have to be worried to get DSed even if I didn't tunneled you off the hook.

    So you are kinda right. Why should I get back and tunnel? Right. And why should you have DS still active even when I did not go back and tunnel you :)

    To answer your question, 20s simply not enough to even penalize the killer for tunneling. A killer going straight back to the unhook immediately and ignore eveyone else can still take 15s to grab the unhooked survivor, and then u just wait 5s then hook the survivor again, you lose nothing for tunneling and the tunneled survivor got nothing to fight back.

    Now imagine you are the first survivor found 10s in the match, and gets instantly downed by chainsaw cuz u have no idea where the billy was coming from and he just suddenly appeared behind your ass. You get hooked, they unhook you, the billy rush straight back to you when you are in the open trying to get to a loop, but you cant, and you get downed again, billy looks at you for 5s then hook u again. You basically did nothing in a entire match and died to a tunneler.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151399/stop-blaming-ds-for-lack-of-strategy

    Anyone who says DS does not affect your games is lying. Because if you work around it...its affecting your game. If you take it and get stunned...its affecting your game. The only way it not affecting your game is if its not in the match at the time. Thats it. Otherwise it is.

    It doesn't affect your game if it already involves working around DS. I myself and many other killers probably employ the strat of distributing pressure across different survivors and generators instead of focusing on one survivor. Perhaps you've seen a killer play like this before DS was changed? It's not only pretty effective but more fun too.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1272208#Comment_1272208

    It doesn't affect your game if it already involves working around DS. I myself and many other killers probably employ the strat of distributing pressure across different survivors and generators instead of focusing on one survivor. Perhaps you've seen a killer play like this before DS was changed? It's not only pretty effective but more fun too.

    If you have to work around it by definition it is affecting your game because you are taking actions you wouldn't take to avoid it. Aka altering your behavior.

    If there was no obession it means no one has DS would you still play aroundvit despite knowing no one has it?

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276117#Comment_1276117

    If you have to work around it by definition it is affecting your game because you are taking actions you wouldn't take to avoid it. Aka altering your behavior.

    If there was no obession it means no one has DS would you still play aroundvit despite knowing no one has it?

    Yes because that's how I play

  • I think DS is an awful perk design. It feels like old ruin. It punishes new killers way to hard and is still used a majority of the time in higher ranks.

  • @Clueless said:

    I think DS is an awful perk design. It feels like old ruin. It punishes new killers way to hard and is still used a majority of the time in higher ranks.

    They'll learn and adapt just like every killer who doesn't complain about DS does now.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276491#Comment_1276491

    They'll learn and adapt just like every killer who doesn't complain about DS does now.

    I'm just saying if the Devs are gonna change certain perks for a deisgn reason it makes sense that all perks would follow that mentality. I wouldn't be surprised if another DS rework is coming.

  • @Clueless said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276504#Comment_1276504

    I'm just saying if the Devs are gonna change certain perks for a deisgn reason it makes sense that all perks would follow that mentality. I wouldn't be surprised if another DS rework is coming.

    If they do, I hope they don't over do it.

    It's literally the only weapon we have in our possession against killers who play like that.

    I hope they think, rethink it over and over again and come to a decision that beneficial to both sides.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276522#Comment_1276522

    If they do, I hope they don't over do it.

    It's literally the only weapon we have in our possession against killers who play like that.

    I hope they think, rethink it over and over again and come to a decision that beneficial to both sides.

    100% agree. I think perks like DS and NOED need reworks because they punish the other side too harshly for playing the game instead of rewarding you for doing a certain task.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276117#Comment_1276117

    If you have to work around it by definition it is affecting your game because you are taking actions you wouldn't take to avoid it. Aka altering your behavior.

    If there was no obession it means no one has DS would you still play aroundvit despite knowing no one has it?

    I would, I play fair not because of the DS, but because I'm not a dick head. I want all survivors have a chance to do something so everyone can be happy. I literally don't care if anyone has DS or not, I simply don't tunnel or camp them, and I ignore whoever gets unhooked, period. Most of the time, I don't even go back to the hook cuz I get a new chase. The only time I go back is when I can't find anyone, but even then I just let the unhooked survivor go and chase the one that did the unhook. If they bring DS and BT into my game, they basically waste 2 perk slots.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269591#Comment_1269591

    "The reason why current NOED is problematic is that it punishes survivors who are being efficient and quick at finishing gens without 3 genning themselves."

    I'm sure you can see the problem with this statement. Now look at your own statement.

    It doesn't punish killers for being efficient, it punishes them for not changing their tactics.

    "The reason why current NOED is problematic is that it punishes survivors who are being efficient and quick at finishing gens without 3 genning themselves."

    Imagine complaining about NOED lol. NOED is not a perk that "punishes" survivors. It is meant to counter the survivor's perk Adrenaline and gives a chance for low-tier killers (like trapper, wraith, crown, etc) to snowball during the end game. The word "punish" is not a right word to use.

    "It doesn't punish killers for being efficient, it punishes them for not changing their tactic"

    What are you talking about? I said DS can still punish efficient killers who are NOT tunneling. What the heck is killer supposed to do?

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269194#Comment_1269194

    I do play the game and I agree with them. it's a highly abusable perk that's not healthy for the game in its current state and needs a change. Plus devs said they are looking into the perk because it is highly abusable, so mob mentality or not it's getting change and it is a problem.

    I mean if you want DS gone, then there must be something else done to prevent killers from tunneling.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269591#Comment_1269591

    "The reason why current NOED is problematic is that it punishes survivors who are being efficient and quick at finishing gens without 3 genning themselves."

    I'm sure you can see the problem with this statement. Now look at your own statement.

    It doesn't punish killers for being efficient, it punishes them for not changing their tactics.

    NOED is a perk that counters survivor's perk adrenaline and gives a chance to low-tier killers (trapper, crown, etc) to snowball during the end game. The word "punish" is not a right word to use. More precisely, it punishes survivors for not cleansing the totems - it has nothing to do with gen speed.

    I said DS can punish efficient killers who did NOT tunnel. It's not about tactic. The DS should be reworked in a way that if a killer goes after another survivor and hooks him/her, the DS timer should be deactivated (for the survivor who was unhooked previously), because the killer was not obviously tunneling.

  • THANK YOU. Someone understands.

    I rarely RARELY get hit with ds because I slug often. Slugging really helps with pressure if you do it at the right times. (Best when you have knowledge on survivor locations) This will spread the pressure easier and make more survivors busy. Sure you can just go for the hook, but being able to instantly swap targets after a down can honestly be so much better.

    After they were just unhooked is a good time, as you should be able to swap targets to the unhooker.

  • @rabldong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271075#Comment_1271075

    NOED is a perk that counters survivor's perk adrenaline and gives a chance to low-tier killers (trapper, crown, etc) to snowball during the end game. The word "punish" is not a right word to use. More precisely, it punishes survivors for not cleansing the totems - it has nothing to do with gen speed.

    I said DS can punish efficient killers who did NOT tunnel. It's not about tactic. The DS should be reworked in a way that if a killer goes after another survivor and hooks him/her, the DS timer should be deactivated (for the survivor who was unhooked previously), because the killer was not obviously tunneling.

    "I said DS can punish efficient killers who did NOT tunnel."

    If you "did not tunnel" and get hit by DS you were punished for making a mistake. It's pretty simple.

    And I made the comparison to NOED because you could literally take your arguments about DS and apply them to NOED. It is seriously hypocritical to complain about DS but then turn around and say NOED is fine.

    Either they are both fine or neither are fine. Take your pick.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276522#Comment_1276522

    If they do, I hope they don't over do it.

    It's literally the only weapon we have in our possession against killers who play like that.

    I hope they think, rethink it over and over again and come to a decision that beneficial to both sides.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esCA8_EPeY


    That clip seems rather fitting. DS is too strong or its own good and it is causing Survivors to have a SEVERE decline of skill. Why bother learning better when you can just use a perk?

    Survivors, in my region at least in the East coast US, have clearly stopped bothering to learn skill. I'll get a rare good team. But the VAST majority of Survivors seem to have either forgotten how to play or never learned in the first place. Not able to hide, no idea how to mindgame, doesn't pay attention to the terror radius, or simply make bad play after bad play again and again.


    Oh, and MegMain.

    I still haven't seen you nor the other DS supporters recognize that Survivors control far more how DS is used/abused.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    Im honestly sick and tired of seeing the complaints about DS. I'm a 6k hour killer main with 16.5k kills yes i know this matter little. Ds does NOT affect my games in the least. sure... there are situations when i get dsd in the gate and they escape BUT.... It VERY rarely gets to endgame. i'm not trying to say i'm the greatest killer in the world but the only time it gets to endgame is when im facing that 0.5% 4 stack on comms with metas. it really isn't the perk that's a problem its your strat and swf breaks the game if the survivors are really good at the game. SLug em it's still map pressure not as good as a hook, but still pressure. just play the game guys you win you win you lose you lose. it is that simple

    GGS

    @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151399/stop-blaming-ds-for-lack-of-strategy

    Sorry but I don't believe you. If you truly have 6k hours in the game then you would know how problematic and abusable DS is. Pretty much everyone has a problem with DS. Ask people like Noob3, Monto, Tru3, Otz, and so on, most will say DS needs changes.

    Actually ds IS a huge problem in this game right now. It always will be because the devs love their survivors. It allows survivors to do gens in your face for 60 seconds if you ignore them with zero fear of getting punished. If you go for them, locker "tech".... dont go for them gen gets done. It's a win/win situation 100% of the time for the survivor and that's before bt and their exhaustion perk reactivation after hook. All they have to do to fix it is remove its activation if grabbed. Imagine if killer got something half as strong as ds, there would be riots

  • @AvengerBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269933#Comment_1269933

    I mean if you want DS gone, then there must be something else done to prevent killers from tunneling.

    I don't want DS gone, I want it too be less abuse-able and not a "Get out of jail free" card. I say rework it into a complete anti tunneling perk instead of a free second chance. Either make it based on distance from the killer or it always activates till someone else is hooked. That way it's still a strong perk but it's much healthier for the game as whole.

  • Since DS does more than it intended to do, it’s rightdully blamed.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277014#Comment_1277014

    "I said DS can punish efficient killers who did NOT tunnel."

    If you "did not tunnel" and get hit by DS you were punished for making a mistake. It's pretty simple.

    And I made the comparison to NOED because you could literally take your arguments about DS and apply them to NOED. It is seriously hypocritical to complain about DS but then turn around and say NOED is fine.

    Either they are both fine or neither are fine. Take your pick.

    "If you "did not tunnel" and get hit by DS you were punished for making a mistake"

    I don't follow your logic bud. What do you mean by mistake? Killers are making mistakes by being good at the game? And your comparison from NOED to DS doesn't make any sense either. You didn't even bother reading my post. I said NOED is a perk that counters survivor's perk (adrenaline) - both are end game perks. DS is a perk that counters tunneling. This IS a significant difference. And punishing killers by DS who are not even tunneling is not even fair.

  • @Revzi100 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265548#Comment_1265548

    and also those same people you named are pretty toxic on youtube

    Who how and where ?

  • @rabldong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277058#Comment_1277058

    "If you "did not tunnel" and get hit by DS you were punished for making a mistake"

    I don't follow your logic bud. What do you mean by mistake? Killers are making mistakes by being good at the game? And your comparison from NOED to DS doesn't make any sense either. You didn't even bother reading my post. I said NOED is a perk that counters survivor's perk (adrenaline) - both are end game perks. DS is a perk that counters tunneling. This IS a significant difference. And punishing killers by DS who are not even tunneling is not even fair.

    "I don't follow your logic bud. What do you mean by mistake?"

    You. Picked. Up. A. Survivor. That. Was. Recently. Hooked.

    Seriously if you can't acknowledge that as a mistake I don't know what else to say to you. Keep track of when people we last hooked and DS is not a problem.

    And I did read your post it says "I don't want to bother changing my tactics to account for DS, I just want to chase and down survivors like a bot and pick them up without thinking."

  • How are any of those streamers toxic? The most toxic thing noob does is his toxic series but that isn't even toxic

1 … 3 4 5 ›