Let's talk about Iridescent Head

Since Deathslinger's release and finding out about Iridescent Coin's requirements (When hitting a survivor with the redeemer from 15M or further, the survivor becomes exposed) I wondered why Huntress's Iridescent Head wasn't the same way

Iridescent Head has always been a staple topic in Dbd's history and a lot of people have voiced their own opinions about it.

Now my idea to change Iridescent Head may have been said already but I think Iridescent Head should be like this:

- No debuff to how many Hatchets Huntress gets

- Hatchets only insta down from 24M or further away

Why 24M? Well, one of Huntress's achievements is "Down 100 survivors with a hatchet from 24M or further away"

I wanted to align Iridescent Head's properties with this achievement as to me, that made the most sense

What do you guys think? Is the distance requirement too large? Should it be brought down a few metres? Let me know :D

Comments

  • It's OP and will probably get nerfed if/when they ever rework huntresses add-ons, abuse it while you can.

    The huntress exhaust add-ons are also super overpowered currently. A relic of when exhaustion recovered while you moved.

  • @Shocktober said:

    It's OP and will probably get nerfed if/when they ever rework huntresses add-ons, abuse it while you can.

    The huntress exhaust add-ons are also super overpowered currently. A relic of when exhaustion recovered while you moved.

    Yeah her exhaustion add ons are also questionable.

  • @Shocktober said:

    It's OP and will probably get nerfed if/when they ever rework huntresses add-ons, abuse it while you can.

    The huntress exhaust add-ons are also super overpowered currently. A relic of when exhaustion recovered while you moved.

    The 5 second stun is also a relic from Enduring affecting the DS stun duration. And Clown exhaustion addons came after the exhaustion recovery change. Don't see the red line here :P

    That would be an idea of a nerf, or let's say balance approach. Another one I suggested before would be to make hatchet count addons not stackable. A single deadly hatchet is ok. Hard punish on a miss and removes the snowballing on hook camping

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190853#Comment_1190853

    The 5 second stun is also a relic from Enduring affecting the DS stun duration. And Clown exhaustion addons came after the exhaustion recovery change. Don't see the red line here :P

    That would be an idea of a nerf, or let's say balance approach. Another one I suggested before would be to make hatchet count addons not stackable. A single deadly hatchet is ok. Hard punish on a miss and removes the snowballing on hook camping

    Actually clowns add-ons were implemented before the exhaustion change. Exhaustion was nerfed very shortly after the clown was added (pretty sure it was a couple of weeks after).

  • How come every thread I see labeled "Let's talk about" it usually involves a killer nerf?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    How come every thread I see labeled "Let's talk about" it usually involves a killer nerf?

    Maybe because iridescent head the way it is is not healthy at all

  • That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190863#Comment_1190863

    Actually clowns add-ons were implemented before the exhaustion change. Exhaustion was nerfed very shortly after the clown was added (pretty sure it was a couple of weeks after).

    Oops :P Yeah, pretty much one month before the exhaustion change. Clown didn't feel that old. The only exhaustion effects added after that was with Demogorgon, but that just lasts for max 5 seconds and can't be really called OP

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190853#Comment_1190853

    The 5 second stun is also a relic from Enduring affecting the DS stun duration. And Clown exhaustion addons came after the exhaustion recovery change. Don't see the red line here :P

    That would be an idea of a nerf, or let's say balance approach. Another one I suggested before would be to make hatchet count addons not stackable. A single deadly hatchet is ok. Hard punish on a miss and removes the snowballing on hook camping

    5 seconds really isn't that long depending on where and when you stun the killer. If you are stunning them in a deadzone or stunning like a nurse or spirit? It will probably buy you 20~ seconds more. Yesterday when I got to use DS it was against an Iri head bamboozle / spirit fury / enduring / brutal strength huntress.

    She hard tunneled me off the hook after I got instadowned saving my teammate she was proxy camping, I got into a locker, and then stunned her and got to a safe pallet. I made the right play dropping the pallet onto her head after a loop or two, and bam. Outplayed by spirit fury. Luckily, she only had an Ivory Mori, and decided not to kill me right then and there.

  • Its perfectly healthy survivors are just entitled want every killer to be slow weak and unviable if they cant get 2 hit 3 hooks and free unhooks they cry for nerfs its disgusting

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    As a non Huntress main I just can say that I had to farm the achievement. And I never farm. I just gave up on that one. I didn't even give up on the Evil Incarnate. How often do you even get a LOS over 32m?

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190870#Comment_1190870

    Oops :P Yeah, pretty much one month before the exhaustion change. Clown didn't feel that old. The only exhaustion effects added after that was with Demogorgon, but that just lasts for max 5 seconds and can't be really called OP

    I think that's how they should all be tbh, prevents the use of the perk straight after exhaustion is applied but after a decent bit of chase, the perk will come back.

  • @elvangulley said:

    Its perfectly healthy survivors are just entitled want every killer to be slow weak and unviable if they cant get 2 hit 3 hooks and free unhooks they cry for nerfs its disgusting

    That attitude is disgusting

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190891#Comment_1190891

    As a non Huntress main I just can say that I had to farm the achievement. And I never farm. I just gave up on that one. I didn't even give up on the Evil Incarnate

    For what it's worth, I would say that's more because the achievement requires you to down someone and not just hit them. Normally hitting them from that range would just injure them and make them run to a loop where you won't be able to hit a long range hatchet.

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    Keep in mind that not a lot of people can actually hit 32m+ shots, It'd be easily to make this addon plain useless for 80% of the players, but then again, it's a competetive game so it may be a nice kick in the butt to get them going on improving :D I honestly think that it's fine no matter which way you aproach it.

  • @elvangulley said:

    Its perfectly healthy survivors are just entitled want every killer to be slow weak and unviable if they cant get 2 hit 3 hooks and free unhooks they cry for nerfs its disgusting

    Actually the majority of players, survivor mains and killer mains included, think this addon is bullshit, it provides a huge advantage and when used with infantry belt, gives little downside for making chases end practically instantly. Combined with the bullshit hitboxes hatchets have, most people can see how unfair it is.

  • Huntress' Exhaustion addons are questionable, but really the issue with them are the fact that they have split Rarities between tiers that don't have much of a point. If you just had one straightforward Rare addon that inflicts Exhaust and that was it, it'd be in line with other Killers with similar addons.

    Iridescent Head definitely needs to change but it's a shame that BHVR have kinda dragged their feet with it when, compared to some other problems, it's not exactly a hugely entangled issue.

    You have two main options with Irid head that would both be reasonable solutions and people suggest all the time:

    -Irid head LOCKS your Hatchets to 1 instead of reducing their count by 4

    -Or, as suggested here, Irid head works on a distance requirement instead of reducing your total hatchets


    Considering Deathslinger I think the 2nd option is what BHVR is looking at, though Deathslinger's Irid Coin has fallen flat on its face, as IIRC the max range you can harpoon a Survivor and still hit them in ideal conditions with no obstacles for Deathslinger is 18 meters and it requires you to hit them from at least 15.

    I do really hope that the Irid Head thing gets fixed sometime, as it's an unfair stigma that's been following Huntress for a while.

  • Although I dont usually use iri heads, I never had a problem with them from both perspectives.

    I think you shouldnt compare huntress to deathslinger. Imo the hatchets are much easier to avoid than the harpoon. You have a windup time with soundnotifications and can also see huntress aiming a hatchet. With the harpoon you can only really react if you see Dslinger aiming down his sight.

    Either way I think the suggestion is pretty good. This way you wont trash iri heads and dont feel too bad for using them.

  • Imagine Zubat or Umbra playing this version of iridescent head.

  • Sorry not sorry insta diwns are part of the game killer has advantage so what the entire game is survivor sided no berf needed nerf your ds bt adrenaline bs first

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Imagine Zubat or Umbra playing this version of iridescent head.

    Umbra would never do that. She still wants to beat coconutRts in numbers of iri heads collected xD

  • @T2K said:

    Although I dont usually use iri heads, I never had a problem with them from both perspectives.

    I think you shouldnt compare huntress to deathslinger. Imo the hatchets are much easier to avoid than the harpoon. You have a windup time with soundnotifications and can also see huntress aiming a hatchet. With the harpoon you can only really react if you see Dslinger aiming down his sight.

    Either way I think the suggestion is pretty good. This way you wont trash iri heads and dont feel too bad for using them.

    Nobody should feel bad for using them now there fine its just whiny survivors crying about them because they cant get easy escapes

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190853#Comment_1190853

    The 5 second stun is also a relic from Enduring affecting the DS stun duration. And Clown exhaustion addons came after the exhaustion recovery change. Don't see the red line here :P

    That would be an idea of a nerf, or let's say balance approach. Another one I suggested before would be to make hatchet count addons not stackable. A single deadly hatchet is ok. Hard punish on a miss and removes the snowballing on hook camping

    Keep in mind that when DS got reworked, they lowered the stun time. The stun proved to be too short and negated the point of using DS to begin with. Survivors would not even have time to land and hop through the window in front of them before the killer recovered and grabbed them. The 5 second stun with no Enduring affecting DS is intentional and came along months after the DS change due to the fact that a shorter stun completely negated the point of the perk to begin with.

    I do think that pallet stuns are too long at their base and an accumulating "rage" factor should set in for the killer. Almost like a built-in form of spirit fury without the shattering of the pallet. Each pallet after the first lowers the killer's stun time by a small percentage to the point that they become immune to the stun, but still have to break the pallet. This would help a lot with shortening chase times and applying gen pressure.

    But, that has nothing to do with the Huntress cheat mode :) I love using Iridescent Head, but fully admit it is way OP and I like the proposed change ideas.

  • I have a much bigger problem with Huntresses hitboxes. If they nerfed her hitboxes so they are skillbased, made her lullaby directional sound like it used to be, you'll find versing IRI heads not so bad.

    With 5 chances, a blind monkey can down a survivor with her gigantic hitboxes.

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190933#Comment_1190933

    Nobody should feel bad for using them now there fine its just whiny survivors crying about them because they cant get easy escapes

    Yeah ofc you are right here. But in times of boosted survivors you mby want to leave them the "hope" of escape xD

  • They have all the second chance perks in the world and they have peks that hard counter killer powers they can even remove a killers most power ability ebony mori and still want more nerfs its selfish how much more do you want the game in your favor

  • @elvangulley said:

    They have all the second chance perks in the world and they have peks that hard counter killer powers they can even remove a killers most power ability ebony mori and still want more nerfs its selfish how much more do you want the game in your favor

    Do you want to respond to the people talking to you or are you just going to keep making more and more comments that all basically say the same thing as your previous ones?

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    Just remember us console peasants please.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190900#Comment_1190900

    For what it's worth, I would say that's more because the achievement requires you to down someone and not just hit them. Normally hitting them from that range would just injure them and make them run to a loop where you won't be able to hit a long range hatchet.

    I know, thats why I wasted all of my Iri heads and Black Wards on that challenge :) . Didn't help me, I got 2/25 out of that, another 2 in like 25 games and then I tried to farm

  • any decent huntress player never uses them anyway 99% of the time

    they are a relic of how the game used to be.


    for those who say "OMG DONT NERF MUH KILLERS" look at recent killers and addons changes, no killer should have something this strong.

    32m like Peanits said would be good

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190863#Comment_1190863

    Keep in mind that when DS got reworked, they lowered the stun time. The stun proved to be too short and negated the point of using DS to begin with. Survivors would not even have time to land and hop through the window in front of them before the killer recovered and grabbed them. The 5 second stun with no Enduring affecting DS is intentional and came along months after the DS change due to the fact that a shorter stun completely negated the point of the perk to begin with.

    I do think that pallet stuns are too long at their base and an accumulating "rage" factor should set in for the killer. Almost like a built-in form of spirit fury without the shattering of the pallet. Each pallet after the first lowers the killer's stun time by a small percentage to the point that they become immune to the stun, but still have to break the pallet. This would help a lot with shortening chase times and applying gen pressure.

    But, that has nothing to do with the Huntress cheat mode :) I love using Iridescent Head, but fully admit it is way OP and I like the proposed change ideas.

    DS got reduced stun time only once, in December 2016.

    I don't really get the patch notes though. There was a "bugfix" in August 2017 (1.6.2) so that Enduring should (apparently intendedly) work on DS. The DS "rework" came March 2019, April 2019 lists:

    • The Enduring perk now affects Decisive Strike's stun
    • With feedback from the PTB and Live, we have changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds... When Enduring is used, the stun will be reduced to ~2.8 seconds ... makes escaping possible but much harder

    So I'm not sure why there is a bugfix that implies Enduring works against DS, and then the notification afterwards that it now works against DS... ?! Well, fact is, that they increased the DS stun time especially according to the Enduring effect, and in June 2019 they reworked Enduring to be pallet stun exclusive, without changing any stun time duration.

  • I like it, it's a good idea. In the same vein, I want a "sniper" scoring event for huntress that gives you bloodpoints based on the distance your hatchets hit someone starting from 24m or maybe 32m

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    any decent huntress player never uses them anyway 99% of the time

    they are a relic of how the game used to be.

    for those who say "OMG DONT NERF MUH KILLERS" look at recent killers and addons changes, no killer should have something this strong.

    32m like Peanits said would be good

    So survivor sided and biased

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190971#Comment_1190971

    Do you want to respond to the people talking to you or are you just going to keep making more and more comments that all basically say the same thing as your previous ones?

    Well no if the only response you want is yes is op nerf it to uselessness

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190979#Comment_1190979

    Well no if the only response you want is yes is op nerf it to uselessness

    You aren't giving a decent reason to why it isn't OP though, you're just saying "baby survivors want killer nerfs XD". Maybe you should put some substance in your comments rather than meaningless waffle.

  • If one of the slowest killers that also hums her location across the map has an insta down thats fair to me the way you play against her doesn't change you just dont get to make as many mistakes if you can dodge her regular hatchets you can dodge iri heads

  • @elvangulley said:

    If one of the slowest killers that also hums her location across the map has an insta down thats fair to me the way you play against her doesn't change you just dont get to make as many mistakes if you can dodge her regular hatchets you can dodge iri heads

    You can't dodge an insta down if you're locked in an animation vaulting a window or throwing a pallet down.

    You're sprouting nonsense. Can you please engage in a proper discussion?

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    I pray that this will go live "soon". Iam really sick of those face-to-face insta down huntress players.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191119#Comment_1191119

    You can't dodge an insta down if you're locked in an animation vaulting a window or throwing a pallet down.

    You're sprouting nonsense. Can you please engage in a proper discussion?

    Well thats to bad you entitled to hyper armor doing thise actions

  • IMO I would say make it to were a fully charged wind up triggers dying with the add on.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    IMO I would say make it to were a fully charged wind up triggers dying with the add on.

    There's still the issue of bad Huntress players just getting carried by melee range hatchets...

  • huntress main btw, nice counter to what i said omegalul

  • @elvangulley said:

    If one of the slowest killers that also hums her location across the map has an insta down thats fair to me the way you play against her doesn't change you just dont get to make as many mistakes if you can dodge her regular hatchets you can dodge iri heads

    An instadown is fine, but having three chances to get an instadown on a survivor that's right in front of you? That's just stupid.

  • Simply don't get it

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191119#Comment_1191119

    An instadown is fine, but having three chances to get an instadown on a survivor that's right in front of you? That's just stupid.

    Having 60 seconds of god mode after geting hooked is stupid to but its part of the game so i deal with it

  • I would prefer 16 meters. That's plenty far imho. But I agree with the notion that it should be range limited.

  • What about what I said is survivor sided and biased?

    1. I main huntress, and most other who do as well find Iri head to be disgusting
    2. Other addons of similar quality have extra conditions, best example is deathslinger having a range requirement for an insta down
    3. You're wrong
  • Double standards at its finest.

  • @Acromio said:

    Double standards at its finest.

    What double standards? Are you even going to engage in conversation?

‹ 1 2