Let's talk about Iridescent Head

Since Deathslinger's release and finding out about Iridescent Coin's requirements (When hitting a survivor with the redeemer from 15M or further, the survivor becomes exposed) I wondered why Huntress's Iridescent Head wasn't the same way

Iridescent Head has always been a staple topic in Dbd's history and a lot of people have voiced their own opinions about it.

Now my idea to change Iridescent Head may have been said already but I think Iridescent Head should be like this:

- No debuff to how many Hatchets Huntress gets

- Hatchets only insta down from 24M or further away

Why 24M? Well, one of Huntress's achievements is "Down 100 survivors with a hatchet from 24M or further away"

I wanted to align Iridescent Head's properties with this achievement as to me, that made the most sense

What do you guys think? Is the distance requirement too large? Should it be brought down a few metres? Let me know :D

Comments

  • hey what do you know the streamers were right, iri head would be the next target of the community.


    (side note I hold no horse in this race, tis the life of a deathslinger main)

  • @MongolPSR said:

    hey what do you know the streamers were right, iri head would be the next target of the community.

    (side note I hold no horse in this race, tis the life of a deathslinger main)

    Yee haw par'ner!! (Fellow Deathslinger main :^)

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I have a much bigger problem with Huntresses hitboxes. If they nerfed her hitboxes so they are skillbased, made her lullaby directional sound like it used to be, you'll find versing IRI heads not so bad.

    With 5 chances, a blind monkey can down a survivor with her gigantic hitboxes.

    Once, they tried to make her hitboxes accurate and hatchets simply went through survivors. They couldn't get it right that way, so we are stuck with this version where you hit the air within 1m of a survivor and they fall down, probably due to asphyxia, because it certainly didn't hit them. Add dedicated server and you can see some ridiculous hits, even when you're on low ping (mine is 32-36).

    As for iri head. I refuse to touch it. Ridiculously broken add-on.

    Source: I prestiged my Huntress this season and I'm staying comfortably at rank 1 while burning her bp offerings.

  • Iridescent head is fine and fair, wow that was easy. The people mad about it forget that it's actually difficult to land hatchet shots on console

  • they should lock the amount of hatchets a player can use to 2 imo (2, because 1 would be too bad and 3 would be too strong).

    the Add On itself is currently not even good, whats too strong is the combination of the Add On with the Infantry Belt to get 3 insta down hatchets, but having only one shot is really not worth using on its own.


    i personally really dislike the Deathslingers Iridescent Coin and i fear adding the same requirement to the Iridescent Head is gonna make it basically useless for new huntress players, aswell as being extremely situational most of the time.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    How come every thread I see labeled "Let's talk about" it usually involves a killer nerf?

    Because Iri Heads needs to be nerfed... Why? Prime example.. Last night I went up against an Iri Head huntress using knockout. All they did the entire match was slug everyone until we all bleed out or until we were all down and she had a chance to hook someone. 2 of us bleed out, 1 died on hook and I only escaped due to finding a key instead of a medkit.

  • @Eye66 said:

    Iridescent head is fine and fair, wow that was easy. The people mad about it forget that it's actually difficult to land hatchet shots on console

    I never knew being able to have 3 chances at a melee range hatchet that requires no skill was hard.

    we should also take PC into consideration man. Not just console.

    Also I havent seen you in a while, how have you been?

  • @Mister_xD said:

    they should lock the amount of hatchets a player can use to 2 imo (2, because 1 would be too bad and 3 would be too strong).

    the Add On itself is currently not even good, whats too strong is the combination of the Add On with the Infantry Belt to get 3 insta down hatchets, but having only one shot is really not worth using on its own.

    i personally really dislike the Deathslingers Iridescent Coin and i fear adding the same requirement to the Iridescent Head is gonna make it basically useless for new huntress players, aswell as being extremely situational most of the time.

    That's a terrible reason sorry.

    Newer players should not be able to get carried by this add on, they should learn how to improve, not rely on insta downs

  • @Ivaldi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190876#Comment_1190876

    Because Iri Heads needs to be nerfed... Why? Prime example.. Last night I went up against an Iri Head huntress using knockout. All they did the entire match was slug everyone until we all bleed out or until we were all down and she had a chance to hook someone. 2 of us bleed out, 1 died on hook and I only escaped due to finding a key instead of a medkit.

    Lemme guesss. She got pissed that you used a key? Even though she was playing in a petty way? Wouldn't surprise me

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191522#Comment_1191522

    That's a terrible reason sorry.

    Newer players should not be able to get carried by this add on, they should learn how to improve, not rely on insta downs

    the reasoning behind the Ruin change was that it punished new players for being new and unexperienced.

    and now you suggest to bring exactly that back for an add on - if that ever gets implemented the Devs logic would literally be working contradictory to itself. Why is it okay that no skill survivors get items removed that punish them for bein unskilled, while unskill killers actually get items added that punish them for it?


    "just get better" was also the main argumentation against the Ruin change - hit great skillchecks and everything is good!

    if that didnt work there, it also shoulnt work here. that'd be quite the double standart after all.


    an Ulra Rare add on should not be unsuable for most players / be extremely situational. it should be gamechanging and make the killers power a lot better than it is without it / add a completely new playstyle to the killer, not require them to play entirely differently to get a use out of it.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191514#Comment_1191514

    I never knew being able to have 3 chances at a melee range hatchet that requires no skill was hard.

    we should also take PC into consideration man. Not just console.

    Also I havent seen you in a while, how have you been?

    We talked on twitter earlier, I'm kinda ok. Today was horrible for complex reasons. My old twitter got nuked by trolls, trying to get tony todd to recognise and follow me again but largely rebuilt myself.

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    "Not uncommon for Huntress"

    image.png

    .......lol come on

  • thank you i wasn't the only one disturb by peanits claim, does he understand that not all killer are hardcore player that can pull off those kind of stuff?

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191592#Comment_1191592

    thank you i wasn't the only one disturb by peanits claim, does he understand that not all killer are hardcore player that can pull off those kind of stuff?

    3 / 10,000 people on Xbox have that achievement.. lol.. "not uncommon"

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191593#Comment_1191593

    3 / 10,000 people on Xbox have that achievement.. lol.. "not uncommon"

    on steam it's at 6% of the player, i would nto call that uncommon but very rare

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    I've always believed that her Iri Head should match the trophies requirement similar to Myers evil incarnate Trophie.

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    The problem I have with anything based on range is... how do you know if they are more than X m away? Like if they are a full tile away it's obviously far enough, and if they are directly in front of you it's obviously not far enough, but when they are on the cusp of that range you can feel robbed in a lot of situations. "Oh man that was definitely 24m how did that not insta-down?!?" I have a problem with Deathslinger's pink add-on for this same reason.

    It would make a lot more sense to have Iri Head do something else entirely. Something that is still a great value but not insta-down, and definitely not insta-down based on range.

    I've made the suggestion before that Iri Head should make hatchets stick to surfaces, which can then be recollected to inventory by touching them, just like throwing knives in COD. You don't need to interact with them, and it gives you an alternative to reloading at lockers. It means you have more sustain in a chase as you don't need to reload as often, and you'd only realistically lose hatchets if you hit a survivor or toss one way off into the distance. Alternatively, it could just make you regenerate hatchets passively at a certain rate (eg. gain 1 hatchet every 10 seconds). I feel like something like this is a way better solution to Iri Head because it's consistent, fair, and extremely useful throughout the game.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191554#Comment_1191554

    We talked on twitter earlier, I'm kinda ok. Today was horrible for complex reasons. My old twitter got nuked by trolls, trying to get tony todd to recognise and follow me again but largely rebuilt myself.

    That sucks. Unfortunately you'll always have those #########.

    Hopefully you can get Tony to recognise you again :)

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191175#Comment_1191175

    What about what I said is survivor sided and biased?

    1. I main huntress, and most other who do as well find Iri head to be disgusting
    2. Other addons of similar quality have extra conditions, best example is deathslinger having a range requirement for an insta down
    3. You're wrong

    Deathslingers addon being weak shouldn't effect huntress in any way made his needs a buff instead and you dont know or speak for every huntress so your opinion is just that your opinion and mine is its fine as is

  • TBF, playing Huntress on Xbox is a lot harder than on PC. I used to main Huntress and I just learned it's better to save hatchets than to try and get ranged hits. Therefore I just don't throw hatchets at targets far away unless I'm sure I can hit them. I'm sure if I tried for this achievement though, I could get it, it would just require me to throw a few games making attempts really.

    Basically, the achievement isn't rare explicitly because it's hard, it's rare mostly because it's not a practical way to play Huntress.

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191383#Comment_1191383

    Deathslingers addon being weak shouldn't effect huntress in any way made his needs a buff instead and you dont know or speak for every huntress so your opinion is just that your opinion and mine is its fine as is

    No other killer has an addon this mindless and easy to get insta downs with

    • Myers has to completely fill up to Tier 3 and his addons make it harder
    • Deathslinger has range requirement
    • Spirit can't see scratches but can see blood
    • Clown you must hit them with a bottle, then M1 them

    Changing it as even Peanits, a dev whois known for being reasonable, thinks it might need a change


    and what huntress main goes around using Iri heads and being proud of it? I have never seen one and if they do exist, then they are gross

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191722#Comment_1191722

    No other killer has an addon this mindless and easy to get insta downs with

    • Myers has to completely fill up to Tier 3 and his addons make it harder
    • Deathslinger has range requirement
    • Spirit can't see scratches but can see blood
    • Clown you must hit them with a bottle, then M1 them

    Changing it as even Peanits, a dev whois known for being reasonable, thinks it might need a change

    and what huntress main goes around using Iri heads and being proud of it? I have never seen one and if they do exist, then they are gross

    Like i said others weakness shouldn't effect huntress and what tyoe of person judges others for using an addon in a video game now thats gross

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191733#Comment_1191733

    Like i said others weakness shouldn't effect huntress and what tyoe of person judges others for using an addon in a video game now thats gross

    A game should be balanced and fair as best as it can be. Most other's addons are mostly balanced. Iri head is not and always feels like you were downed without much you yourself can do, other than hope the huntress is bad.

    Changing it will not effect huntress herself or the huntress mains who are even half decent. It will only remove an addon used by poor players who can't hit their shots.


    and i can judge who i want, people who take cheap wins instead of working to improve their own skill speaks for itself

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    Since Deathslinger's release and finding out about Iridescent Coin's requirements (When hitting a survivor with the redeemer from 15M or further, the survivor becomes exposed) I wondered why Huntress's Iridescent Head wasn't the same way

    Iridescent Head has always been a staple topic in Dbd's history and a lot of people have voiced their own opinions about it.

    Now my idea to change Iridescent Head may have been said already but I think Iridescent Head should be like this:

    - No debuff to how many Hatchets Huntress gets

    - Hatchets only insta down from 24M or further away

    Why 24M? Well, one of Huntress's achievements is "Down 100 survivors with a hatchet from 24M or further away"

    I wanted to align Iridescent Head's properties with this achievement as to me, that made the most sense

    What do you guys think? Is the distance requirement too large? Should it be brought down a few metres? Let me know :D

    I think iridescent needs to go. I was coping with the fact that killers had one hit downs but this is kinda unacceptable and excessive. Especially when combined with infantry belt making it a total of 3 one hit hatches 😡 that’s just too much.

  • I think there’s too much of this exposed/one hit down stuff being implemented into the game that solo survivors don’t really have fun playing watching their uncoordinated teams go down so fast. But I don’t get it because people will sit there and complain that survivors are working together and that gens are being done too fast it’s just not fun 🙄

  • @Lexilogo said:

    Huntress' Exhaustion addons are questionable, but really the issue with them are the fact that they have split Rarities between tiers that don't have much of a point. If you just had one straightforward Rare addon that inflicts Exhaust and that was it, it'd be in line with other Killers with similar addons.

    Iridescent Head definitely needs to change but it's a shame that BHVR have kinda dragged their feet with it when, compared to some other problems, it's not exactly a hugely entangled issue.

    You have two main options with Irid head that would both be reasonable solutions and people suggest all the time:

    -Irid head LOCKS your Hatchets to 1 instead of reducing their count by 4

    -Or, as suggested here, Irid head works on a distance requirement instead of reducing your total hatchets

    Considering Deathslinger I think the 2nd option is what BHVR is looking at, though Deathslinger's Irid Coin has fallen flat on its face, as IIRC the max range you can harpoon a Survivor and still hit them in ideal conditions with no obstacles for Deathslinger is 18 meters and it requires you to hit them from at least 15.

    I do really hope that the Irid Head thing gets fixed sometime, as it's an unfair stigma that's been following Huntress for a while.

    I'd rather the distance for oneshotting be the change instead of locking hatchets to 1, because if you did that iri head would not be a good add-on at all.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191592#Comment_1191592

    TBF, playing Huntress on Xbox is a lot harder than on PC. I used to main Huntress and I just learned it's better to save hatchets than to try and get ranged hits. Therefore I just don't throw hatchets at targets far away unless I'm sure I can hit them. I'm sure if I tried for this achievement though, I could get it, it would just require me to throw a few games making attempts really.

    Basically, the achievement isn't rare explicitly because it's hard, it's rare mostly because it's not a practical way to play Huntress.

    And since it's not a practical way to play, should they decide to change the insta-down requirement to over 24m, they might as well delete the add on instead of pretending it's to make it some sort of show of skill.

    Considering they deleted a perk that required a survivor do something that literally had "skill check" in it, because it was too hard.

  • its not a pretty life, but its a life worth living

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191723#Comment_1191723

    And since it's not a practical way to play, should they decide to change the insta-down requirement to over 24m, they might as well delete the add on instead of pretending it's to make it some sort of show of skill.

    Considering they deleted a perk that required a survivor do something that literally had "skill check" in it, because it was too hard.

    Thank you survivors are way to comfortable these days with second chance perks and speed burst after getting hit dont want to get insta downed juke better

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191737#Comment_1191737

    A game should be balanced and fair as best as it can be. Most other's addons are mostly balanced. Iri head is not and always feels like you were downed without much you yourself can do, other than hope the huntress is bad.

    Changing it will not effect huntress herself or the huntress mains who are even half decent. It will only remove an addon used by poor players who can't hit their shots.

    and i can judge who i want, people who take cheap wins instead of working to improve their own skill speaks for itself

    Yes because iri heads takes all the aiming out of throwing hatchets it put that magic auto aim on and makes them invisible to they also follow you until they hit o wait no they dont if you cant hit with regular hatchets you cant hit with iri heads either

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191749#Comment_1191749

    Yes because iri heads takes all the aiming out of throwing hatchets it put that magic auto aim on and makes them invisible to they also follow you until they hit o wait no they dont if you cant hit with regular hatchets you cant hit with iri heads either

    easy hatchets like these being replaced by iri head shots feel cheap and undeserved

    you have not provided any substantive reasoning as to why there are good for the game and should not be removed, nor have you addressed ANY of the points I made before.

    "but muh weak killers" is not a reason

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191880#Comment_1191880

    Thank you survivors are way to comfortable these days with second chance perks and speed burst after getting hit dont want to get insta downed juke better

    Yeah, juke a Huntress that's holding a fully charged hatchet right next to you.

    Play against a iri head/Infantry belt Huntress and tell me how much fun you have

  • Just don't let them have infantry belts if they use iri heads, so that they only get 1 shot before they have to reload

  • @GreenStar said:

    Just don't let them have infantry belts if they use iri heads, so that they only get 1 shot before they have to reload

    That woukd give survivors easy wins

  • @Peanits said:

    That has always been the ideal change in my eyes. That way if you want to get the instant down, you need to do it from far away and aim well, not just follow someone around and toss it as soon as they vault a window or drop a pallet.

    Though as someone who has played a lot of Huntress, I would probably hazard to say 32m instead of 24m. 24m is only a tile and a half, and that's not too uncommon for the Huntress.

    I don’t think it’s a good idea.

    You’re adding guesswork to the add-on which will make it annoying to use and play against. “Am I far enough to activate my one-hit down?”, “Am I close enough to not get hit with the one-hit down?”.

    The requirement becomes too map reliant. Good luck using the add-on in Hawkin’s National Labratory or Gideon Meat Plant.

    And the add-on already has a hefty requirement of reducing hatchet carrying capacity by 4. This would make the add-on almost useless.

    Here’s 2 suggestions to fix Iridescent Hatchet:

    • The Glass Cannon - Huntress’ carrying capacity is fixed at 1, no matter what other add-ons are taken. Players will have to perfectly use their hatchets or risk turning into an M1 with no power.
    • Last in the Barrel - The last hatchet inflicts dying upon the victim. Players will have to weigh up whether to pursue with 1 hatchet that can potentially insta-down, or they can reload for safety.
  • @T2K said:

    Although I dont usually use iri heads, I never had a problem with them from both perspectives.

    I think you shouldnt compare huntress to deathslinger. Imo the hatchets are much easier to avoid than the harpoon. You have a windup time with soundnotifications and can also see huntress aiming a hatchet. With the harpoon you can only really react if you see Dslinger aiming down his sight.

    Either way I think the suggestion is pretty good. This way you wont trash iri heads and dont feel too bad for using them.

    If you think the harpoon is harder to dodge, you clearly haven't played against a good huntress and her beach ball hitbox for hatchets..

    you can literally dodge the harpoon as soon as you hear the firing sound.. it is a traveling hitbox the size of a bullet.. it's tiny. And it's incredibly difficult to hit with the deathslinger without hours and hours of practice. I've seen the best huntresses killer play death slinger, and have their shots dodge last millisecond. You have no idea what you're talking about.

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1190891#Comment_1190891

    I don’t think it’s a good idea.

    You’re adding guesswork to the add-on which will make it annoying to use and play against. “Am I far enough to activate my one-hit down?”, “Am I close enough to not get hit with the one-hit down?”.

    The requirement becomes too map reliant. Good luck using the add-on in Hawkin’s National Labratory or Gideon Meat Plant.

    And the add-on already has a hefty requirement of reducing hatchet carrying capacity by 4. This would make the add-on almost useless.

    Here’s 2 suggestions to fix Iridescent Hatchet:

    • The Glass Cannon - Huntress’ carrying capacity is fixed at 1, no matter what other add-ons are taken. Players will have to perfectly use their hatchets or risk turning into an M1 with no power.
    • Last in the Barrel - The last hatchet inflicts dying upon the victim. Players will have to weigh up whether to pursue with 1 hatchet that can potentially insta-down, or they can reload for safety.

    So just make it useless so nobody will play it no thanks

  • @elvangulley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1192771#Comment_1192771

    So just make it useless so nobody will play it no thanks

    I’m open to suggestions. How would you change the add-on so it’s not overbearing?

  • As a player with somewhere between 700 to 1000 hours in Huntress (2600 total), yes, please change this ridiculously unfun addon.

    It is not fun to use, and not fun to go against.

    It is on the same level as moris and keys. If someone has either of those offerings/addons, it doesn't feel like you were beaten by someone better, but by busted game mechanics. Sorry to those who enjoy using Iri Heads, but this game will be much healthier with Moris, Keys, and Iri Heads being changed.

  • Can we change keys while we're at it?


    Iri is annoying yes but come on, please make killer more fun/less stress instead of just getting rid of more of their power. 9huntress main who never uses iri unless you're on the naughty list)


    If a killer needs an OP addon to have fun, then perhaps theres more core issues

1 2 ›