DEVS, are working on a patch to stop genrush?

Most of the games I play in less than 2 minutes make me 3 generators. If I play with Billy, Oni or Myers I can still balance the game and get a 2K or 3 but I would like to play with the other killers I bought all the killers who have come out but playing with them is more difficult for example I love the demogorgon but if I play with him I am able to hook 2 or 3 survivors and 4 or all the generators have finished. Also, I loved the trapper but I spent 1 or 2 minutes to set traps survivors already made me 3 or 4 gen ... Maybe I'm bad at playing, but I just can play a couple of hours after I get home from work and I would like to enjoy the games and not suffer from bullying.. thanks for your time

Comments

  • So doing Gens = Bullying? Cool.

    Can we stop to use those words when the other side is simply playing the game in a normal way? Thank you.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So doing Gens = Bullying? Cool.

    Can we stop to use those words when the other side is simply playing the game in a normal way? Thank you.

    I like it when you respond to things in a tone that proves your apart of the problem.

  • Gen speed isn't so much the problem as is map sizes and layout. Survivors have it too easy to be safe a majority of the time, so there is no need to fear the entity in the trial that is there as a threat. Fixing the issue with Gen speed they are going to acomplish with re-doing the maps, and at the same time making them smaller.

    I think they would gain a lot by decresing the amount of pallets available to survivors as well, so then it becomes a resource the survivors have to be careful not to waste too quickly rather than "heh - havn't been to this part of the map yet = 5 more pallets"

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So doing Gens = Bullying? Cool.

    Can we stop to use those words when the other side is simply playing the game in a normal way? Thank you.

    Well serious question, do you enjoy it when you do 3 gens before anyone is downed and then get the other 2 shortly after while having DS, BT, Adren and an Exhaution perk ready?

    I dont run the meta at all myself but when gens go to fast.... I mean that removes so much tension and that means the match is just boring.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So doing Gens = Bullying? Cool.

    Can we stop to use those words when the other side is simply playing the game in a normal way? Thank you.

    Is making generators the sole objective of survivors? Wouldn't you like a secondary objective? I'm talking about bullying because when survivors do the 5 gen or 4 .. survivors that I never saw in play look for me and start with the lamp, DS, pallets, on front perk. etc. because they already have the game won. I am not an expert playing but several of my friends who played as a killer just play as survivors or other games because of the genrush or bullying

    Thanks for your time

  • There is no genrush. Stop this nonsense for gods sake. And yeah, if you cant "win" with trapper youre bad at it.

  • @NullEXE said:

    Gen speed isn't so much the problem as is map sizes and layout. Survivors have it too easy to be safe a majority of the time, so there is no need to fear the entity in the trial that is there as a threat. Fixing the issue with Gen speed they are going to acomplish with re-doing the maps, and at the same time making them smaller.

    I think they would gain a lot by decresing the amount of pallets available to survivors as well, so then it becomes a resource the survivors have to be careful not to waste too quickly rather than "heh - havn't been to this part of the map yet = 5 more pallets"

    You are right, I have played games where the survivors already know where the pallets are and I am breaking them all in the game but when I have just broken 10 or more the generators have already been done or the last generator is on the other side of the map...

    Thanks for your time

  • @crixus006 said:

    Most of the games I play in less than 2 minutes make me 3 generators. If I play with Billy, Oni or Myers I can still balance the game and get a 2K or 3 but I would like to play with the other killers I bought all the killers who have come out but playing with them is more difficult for example I love the demogorgon but if I play with him I am able to hook 2 or 3 survivors and 4 or all the generators have finished. Also, I loved the trapper but I spent 1 or 2 minutes to set traps survivors already made me 3 or 4 gen ... Maybe I'm bad at playing, but I just can play a couple of hours after I get home from work and I would like to enjoy the games and not suffer from bullying.. thanks for your time

    Devs:

    471.jpg


  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    There is no genrush. Stop this nonsense for gods sake. And yeah, if you cant "win" with trapper youre bad at it.

    I can agree with that, but then we need to stop complaining about tunnelling and camping too.

  • But when you say there are killers that you can still do well with, then that would mean that they would become op when gen rush gets nerfed or not? I think the problem is that the game has too many weak killers. The devs need to improve the balance of many of the game's maps and make weaker killers stronger.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    There is no genrush. Stop this nonsense for gods sake. And yeah, if you cant "win" with trapper youre bad at it.

    Have you effectively stroked your ego?

  • So you are asking for the survivor objective to balanced around weaker killers. Ok, so what about those killers you named who you are getting 2-3K with now? That would become 3-4K. You think that’s balanced? A major issue with this game is the gap between strong and weak killers, as well as many killers using playstyles such as camping, tunneling, and slugging which would be massively buffed with any “genrush” nerf. There is no easy fix to any of this. You can be good with any killer though, the weaker killers just require more time and effort. Pick one and only play them for a while. I think too many people try to be like streamers jumping from killer to killer.

  • I would prefer a buff to the low and mid tier killers instead. There are some killers that are literally unplayable. Like pig, leatherface, legion for example.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165651#Comment_1165651

    Well serious question, do you enjoy it when you do 3 gens before anyone is downed and then get the other 2 shortly after while having DS, BT, Adren and an Exhaution perk ready?

    I dont run the meta at all myself but when gens go to fast.... I mean that removes so much tension and that means the match is just boring.

    All survivors have those skills and help them a lot ... they can use it but the worst or more insane perk is DS when they enter a locker in front of you you so you leave them and they start making noise while their DS lasts. I really only see patches to nerf killers ... Nurse , ruin, etc..

    Thanks for your time

  • @NullEXE said:

    Gen speed isn't so much the problem as is map sizes and layout. Survivors have it too easy to be safe a majority of the time, so there is no need to fear the entity in the trial that is there as a threat. Fixing the issue with Gen speed they are going to acomplish with re-doing the maps, and at the same time making them smaller.

    I think they would gain a lot by decresing the amount of pallets available to survivors as well, so then it becomes a resource the survivors have to be careful not to waste too quickly rather than "heh - havn't been to this part of the map yet = 5 more pallets"

    While I agree, I think gen speeds will still be a problem. I feel that if the devs touch gen speeds, they'll ######### over solo survivors, but I firmly believe that survivors need a second objective. Everything thing else I agree with you on 100%

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    There is no genrush. Stop this nonsense for gods sake. And yeah, if you cant "win" with trapper youre bad at it.

    Every trap based killer like the trapper and the hag was destroyed with the ruin nerf. They don't have time to set up traps anymore.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So doing Gens = Bullying? Cool.

    Can we stop to use those words when the other side is simply playing the game in a normal way? Thank you.

    Do you ever play killer at high ranks to get a taste of your own medicine, or do you just only play survivor, because it really seems your part of the survivor problem

  • @AddictedToMosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165671#Comment_1165671

    I can agree with that, but then we need to stop complaining about tunnelling and camping too.

    I don't like tunnelling or camping I don't like doing it , because It is annoying and I would not like to have it done to me, waiting 10 minutes as a survivor to play and getting tunneled is not good.

  • @ad19970 said:

    But when you say there are killers that you can still do well with, then that would mean that they would become op when gen rush gets nerfed or not? I think the problem is that the game has too many weak killers. The devs need to improve the balance of many of the game's maps and make weaker killers stronger.

    You're right, this could be a good option, because I think I'm not the only one who would like to play with all the killers and enjoy with all

    Thanks for your time

  • @crixus006 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165684#Comment_1165684

    I don't like tunnelling or camping I don't like doing it , because It is annoying and I would not like to have it done to me, waiting 10 minutes as a survivor to play and getting tunneled is not good.

    Tunnelling and proxy camping is pretty much necessary to win. I wouldn't tunnel if the games lasted more, but given the absurd gen speeds I often feel forced to do it. Also, most survivors I play against deserved to be tunnelled, so there's that. If the survivors are not toxic and there is no DS, I always go for the unhooker. It's such a shame that these conditions are rarely respected.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165671#Comment_1165671

    Every trap based killer like the trapper and the hag was destroyed with the ruin nerf. They don't have time to set up traps anymore.

    Sure. I am a Trapper Main and never even used the pseudoeffect Ruin. That Patch changed exactly nothing, it just seperated the good from the bad players.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    There is no genrush. Stop this nonsense for gods sake. And yeah, if you cant "win" with trapper youre bad at it.

    I'd like you to say things that bring something to the game, no, just showing you have a big ego. advice or contributions. etc

  • @crixus006 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165686#Comment_1165686

    You're right, this could be a good option, because I think I'm not the only one who would like to play with all the killers and enjoy with all

    Thanks for your time

    Yes certainly. It's a bit of a shame that when picking some killers, you have to accept that you will most likely not have a chance to win if the survivor team you are going against is good enough. Having those buffed would be great.

  • @crixus006 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165671#Comment_1165671

    I'd like you to say things that bring something to the game, no, just showing you have a big ego. advice or contributions. etc

    Thats how he is in pretty much all his posts yet i doubt hes even red rank.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    So you are asking for the survivor objective to balanced around weaker killers. Ok, so what about those killers you named who you are getting 2-3K with now? That would become 3-4K. You think that’s balanced? A major issue with this game is the gap between strong and weak killers, as well as many killers using playstyles such as camping, tunneling, and slugging which would be massively buffed with any “genrush” nerf. There is no easy fix to any of this. You can be good with any killer though, the weaker killers just require more time and effort. Pick one and only play them for a while. I think too many people try to be like streamers jumping from killer to killer.

    I don't like tunnelling or camping.. I don't want 4K in all games. I also play as a survivor and I like to escape. but it is easier to play as a survivor, I try to learn where the pallets are and throw them to make time or on big maps take the killer to the side where there are no generators because I do not know how to loop

    Thanks for your time

  • @Irisora said:

    I would prefer a buff to the low and mid tier killers instead. There are some killers that are literally unplayable. Like pig, leatherface, legion for example.

    Yes, it sounds good, in this way we can play with every killer.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165665#Comment_1165665

    While I agree, I think gen speeds will still be a problem. I feel that if the devs touch gen speeds, they'll ######### over solo survivors, but I firmly believe that survivors need a second objective. Everything thing else I agree with you on 100%

    It takes at most 80 seconds for one survivor to complete a gen, and 40 seconds for two survivors to complete a gen. Not including the use of items, or perks to speed up that process. There already is a second objective in the game that survivors should be staying aware of and that's totems, to avoid the hidden threat of NOED being in the game. The Killer can take the perk to remind them, let's give a moment of silence of all Killers running NOED and never getting to use it.

    A normal chase takes about 20 seconds to chase, hit, down, pickup, and hook a survivor. However that gets made to be longer with the use of perks, and pallets. Reducing the amount of pallets a survivor can use in a single chase, and time it takes for a survivor to go from one pallet to another ensures the Killers ability to down a survivor quicker, giving the killer more time to pressure gens, having more impact on the Killer being able to slow down Gen speed.

    Which I think giving Killer the ability to slow the game down more is a better idea than just slowing the game down in general.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165651#Comment_1165651

    I like it when you respond to things in a tone that proves your apart of the problem.

    @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165651#Comment_1165651

    Do you ever play killer at high ranks to get a taste of your own medicine, or do you just only play survivor, because it really seems your part of the survivor problem

    All they're saying is that using words like "bullying" to describe something happening in a game of DBD is silly, which I completely agree with.

    Stuff can be unfair and needlessly frustrating, but anyone actually feeling bullied in the usual application of the word would stop playing the game. Because unlike if you're bullied in school or something you actually have the ability to just stop playing.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165651#Comment_1165651

    I like it when you respond to things in a tone that proves your apart of the problem.

    Sorry fof playing this game in a non-toxic way. I guess I am the part of the Survivor Community you would like to keep.

    @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165651#Comment_1165651

    Well serious question, do you enjoy it when you do 3 gens before anyone is downed and then get the other 2 shortly after while having DS, BT, Adren and an Exhaution perk ready?

    I dont run the meta at all myself but when gens go to fast.... I mean that removes so much tension and that means the match is just boring.

    I just play this game. If I dont have any interaction with other Survivors (aka doing Unhooks or Heals) or with the Killer (aka Chases), I will sit on a Gen. I dont need to search for the Killer to get into Chases, annoy them so that I can have some of the fun part of the game. Matches were I sit on a Gen nearly all game are rare, because most of the Killers are competent enough to get some Downs.

    And as Killer, I also prefer normal games. If I am too bad, I lose, but I dont need Survivors not doing the Objective just to get chased etc.

    So I prefer to do anything but Gens, but if the Killer is not able to make me move from a Gen, I will not leave it (because in the end, someone has to do those Gens in order to escape).

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165660#Comment_1165660

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165705#Comment_1165705

    All they're saying is that using words like "bullying" to describe something happening in a game of DBD is silly, which I completely agree with.

    Stuff can be unfair and needlessly frustrating, but anyone actually feeling bullied in the usual application of the word would stop playing the game. Because unlike if you're bullied in school or something you actually have the ability to just stop playing.

    Thank you very much. As long as both sides are just playing the game, nobody is getting bullied. If actual harrassment is taking place, playing solely to let the other side feel miserable, this is not ok by any means.

  • 1.Having a couple of hours to play.

    2. Wants to get good results as several killers.

    I dont have much time to play as well so i main one killer and it s enough for me.

  • You're wondering if the devs will do the right thing and stop gen rushing?

    spongebob meme.png


  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165780#Comment_1165780

    Thank you very much. As long as both sides are just playing the game, nobody is getting bullied. If actual harrassment is taking place, playing solely to let the other side feel miserable, this is not ok by any means.

    Do you play in rank 1? Because you looks like you are talking about another game. Take a look at SWF, they are incredibly overpowered againts mid and low tier killers, and the difference between SWF and solos if pretty big too. You can't deny that.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165818#Comment_1165818

    Do you play in rank 1? Because you looks like you are talking about another game. Take a look at SWF, they are incredibly overpowered againts mid and low tier killers, and the difference between SWF and solos if pretty big too. You can't deny that.

    What does that have to do with my statement? Even if a SWF is just playing the game, they are not bullying anyone.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165704#Comment_1165704

    Sure. I am a Trapper Main and never even used the pseudoeffect Ruin. That Patch changed exactly nothing, it just seperated the good from the bad players.

    You sure are a killer main? because you sound exactly like a survivor main in disguise. Saying the ruin nerf changed nothing is a great denial of the current state of the game wich is far worse for the weaker killers. And trapper and hag crearly decreased their tier after that patch either you admit it or not, Mr. self proclaimed pro player that treats everyone else like inferior beings without knowing them.. God the things one have to read.

    The real ONLY killers that aren't that affected by ruin are the Top ones like Spirit, billy, Oni and Freddy. But the others..

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166322#Comment_1166322

    What does that have to do with my statement? Even if a SWF is just playing the game, they are not bullying anyone.

    Oh really? Play pig legion or even the new killer The deathslinger in rank 1 and face a SWF in 8/10 matches. Then you will know what everyone is talking about.

    Just played a match now and 2 gens pop in 30 sec... there was 2 survivors in each one with the new "nerfed" toolbox. Explain how is that balanced when you need to hook 3 times a survivor to kill him and eat a DS to at least get 1 kill because the only way to stop them is tunneling??

    Killers are forced to play toxic because the gen rush is insane with SWF. The ruin nerf did great damage to weak killers and the "nerfed" toolboxes are a joke. Like the new sabo... SWF teams with sabotage are back and are even more stronger now. Thanks devs..

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166334#Comment_1166334

    Oh really? Play pig legion or even the new killer The deathslinger in rank 1 and face a SWF in 8/10 matches. Then you will know what everyone is talking about.

    Just played a match now and 2 gens pop in 30 sec... there was 2 survivors in each one with the new "nerfed" toolbox. Explain how is that balanced when you need to hook 3 times a survivor to kill him and eat a DS to at least get 1 kill because the only way to stop them is tunneling??

    Killers are forced to play toxic because the gen rush is insane with SWF. The ruin nerf did great damage to weak killers and the "nerfed" toolboxes are a joke. Like the new sabo... SWF teams with sabotage are back and are even more stronger now. Thanks devs..

    Ok, slowly for you:

    Playing

    the

    game

    is

    not

    bullying.

    I am not talking about Balance at all. If people just play the game (and doing Gens is part of it), they dont bully anyone. If doing Gens is bullying, hooking Survivors would be bullying as well.

  • Lol you really are a very biased and blind dude.

  • Read my full post. It is really easy to understand.

  • Read what? The same sentence you repeat to everyone over and over when they are telling you something totally different? Instead of understanding you only repeat yourself with something that is not even related. I never said that doing gens is bullying the killer its just one of the survivors objectives.

    What i said is that SWF breaks the game in many aspects and that gens are done so fast that it don't give time to most of the killers to do anything. Basically that the game balance is in one of the worse moments now. You only need to play to know that.

    I do not enjoy being restricted to 3 or 4 killers because of this and i think many aren't happy with that. I aren't happy either with killers that used to be good or decent like PIG and Nurse and now are unplayable, unfun or trash. Many things changed lately and fixes or balance patches aren't coming.

    Instead they release another weak killer that is basically a downgraded version of the huntress. In no way hes better than her. It was fun at first but very disapointing soon. In the end the deathslinger will be another killer that no one will play.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So doing Gens = Bullying? Cool.

    Can we stop to use those words when the other side is simply playing the game in a normal way? Thank you.

    i totally agree.

    terms like "camper" or "slugger" should never be a thing, i am just playing the game normally after all.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166334#Comment_1166334

    Oh really? Play pig legion or even the new killer The deathslinger in rank 1 and face a SWF in 8/10 matches. Then you will know what everyone is talking about.

    Just played a match now and 2 gens pop in 30 sec... there was 2 survivors in each one with the new "nerfed" toolbox. Explain how is that balanced when you need to hook 3 times a survivor to kill him and eat a DS to at least get 1 kill because the only way to stop them is tunneling??

    Killers are forced to play toxic because the gen rush is insane with SWF. The ruin nerf did great damage to weak killers and the "nerfed" toolboxes are a joke. Like the new sabo... SWF teams with sabotage are back and are even more stronger now. Thanks devs..

    I have been games where 4 generators were don in 2 minutes and 33 seconds, came on. I'm rank 9 as a killer and I played Vs 3 rank 1 . This matchmaking and genrush don't help...