Why did you quit DBD

To be perfectly honest, once I started interacting with the facebook groups is when I noticed just how one sided the community is. I got kicked from three groups just for making memes that mocked survivors and their toxic habits. That really just confirmed for me that the community was survivor heavy and more toxic than described. I still have a picture that complied with the "no names in screenshots" rules that got denied because apparently there were names despite me blatantly cropping themnout. That's when I knew survivor mains ran the entire Dbd community.

I had some good times but no where near enough to keep me playing the game. I got to rank 13 survivor in less than a day, another point of contention. I was winning match after match after match as a survivor with little to no perks. It's when it dawned on me that killers are truly at every disadvantage within the game. Looping came quick to me, pallets were abundant when I needed them, skill checks were mundane and nearly consistent. I knew that once I had some teachable perks under my belt that the game would be a cake walk. I had another "a-ha!" Moment when I had that thought. So many survivors able to blind me so long, narrowly escape a lunge, bring themselves up from a dying state, and any number of crazy abilities that did nothing but frustrate me as a killer. Survivors inherently, even without perks, can absolutely run the table on even a red rank killer.


I could list for days why this is the abject truth, but instead I'll have survivor mains retort with any number of insults, challenges, and overall cognitive dissonance regarding their upper niche within the community. To those that feel the need to be toxic in the responses to this post, denying established fact.


I'm just going to delete the game and wait until a week after ragnarok for the devs to finally balance what's broken.

Comments

  • My computer case and mobo are in the US and I live in China now.

    The game runs like crap now on my laptop. Used to play fine but updates made it run poorly

  • Best of luck. I hope you find a good single player game where you can dominate your opponents.

    I've currently "quit" because I'm playing another game, but I'll be back when the next set of challenges come out.

  • I am 90% sure I am finished now

    Ruin nerf was the final straw for killer.

    I wouldn't mind playing survivor but I dont have a lot of gaming time and ps4 queues are too long.

    But also I feel I have seen the best of this game. All the good ideas for perks and killers have been done. I dont know what else they can create which isn't a hotch potch of stuff that already exists.

    I acknowledge I have burnout. Maybe if i came to the game fresh today it would seem as exciting as when I first played it. I'm not sure. I think it was a lot simpler to understand when I started. Less perks and the killer powers were easier to understand.

  • Killer is too frustrating to play as, and survivor is too boring to be worth the queue time.

    Also the poor quality of patches in the last 6-12 months and poor communication from BHVR CM/devs on important issues made quit several times. But now will leave for good because it simply isn't fun to play either side, horror factor is non existant (in a horror labeled game) and the archive/rift are not even generating enough motivation in me to keep playing.

  • I never quit. Probably won't until the game dies. You forgot a question mark in the title. Haha.

  • Background: I've always played and enjoyed DbD casually, but for the first 1000 hours I chose to take the more difficult role... Killer. Its funny how it took me so long from Novemeber 2016 to July 2019 to accrue that many hours in the Killer role (I had a job, and it was my priority until recently), at which point I decided to switch roles to survivor for the next 1000 hours.

    Within the time I've played as Killer, I've experienced:

    Literal Infinite loops, Pallet Vacuums, Inability to damage generators, DS available at any time once per match with no hook requirements, BT protecting both the unhooked and the Rescuer, Instant flashlights, Flashlights that could ensure a survivors escape no matter when they blind you during pickup, Instant heals, Guaranteed Hatch Stand-offs, SC Healing in less than 12 seconds, A veritable Plethora of exploits that allowed survivors to infinitely break the game against me, Pitch black outfits that made Claudette Literally invisible to the naked eye, Fog so thick that you couldn't even see survivors more than 16 meters away, countless sound design issues, and hex totem spawns so terrible that they could never be depended on.

    2018-2019 has seen some major changes regarding balance, and mostly in the Killers favor. They nerfed DS, BT, BL, SC, Healing mechanics in general, etc... Basically what I'm trying to say is that, up until recently, these past few years were a MUCH darker time to play killer, but despite that, I persevered through all of it!

    Is this a statement of my overall bad-ass-ness, or more of a testament to my masochism?

    It's neither...

    I, Like most , Love this game! I Have put up with endless Bullshit and bad design decisions to make it to where I am today as a Killer who has taken this unforgettable statement to heart:

    "If survivors never hold back on their advantages and builds... Why should you?"

    I follow a specific creed when I play this game (one you can find listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58509/my-updated-unwritten-rules-list-for-playing-dbd#latest ), and it hasn't failed me.

    As for What The OP is saying/Complaining about, I feel you, but I can't respect your decision to just "give up" based on how the last patch has treated killers. One thing that most people seem to forget is that Killers are Players and not NPC's. We have a mind of our own, Strategies, or Tactics to ensure a win against you, and the only thing holding us back is the bizarre concept that you are players too and want to have fun as well. Once they nerfed Ruin, the last bastion of control Killers had to allow them to give survivors a "fun" time, the gloves came off. To Be honest, it's always been the fault of the survivors... They always played "gloves off" against killers, and the killers mostly entertained their efforts by being more sportsmanlike than they were. As of the last update however... It's been a NO MERCY BLOODBATH (Of which I predicted here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979907#Comment_979907 )!

    So, While I can Sympathize with the OP, I can't agree with them at all considering all the CRAP Killer Players have had to put up with in the past, and how much this game has evolved to make things more balanced in favor of killer players in the past year an a half. I honestly don't believe in their idea that "the devs being entirely survivor biased" is justified. This is just another Rough patch for killers, and its no where near as bad as we've had it in the past. If the OP wants to make a statement by crying out that they are quitting over it, then... good riddance.

    This game is already loaded with poor sports who DC on a whim, and this community could do with less of them, as well as less of people like the OP in my opinion.

  • I got burned out of the game half way through the first tome. Since then I just don't want to play. No update or anything caused this, I just got tired of the game.

    I will gladly return once I feel like to again.

  • @TWiXT said:

    Background: I've always played and enjoyed DbD casually, but for the first 1000 hours I chose to take the more difficult role... Killer. Its funny how it took me so long from Novemeber 2016 to July 2019 to accrue that many hours in the Killer role (I had a job, and it was my priority until recently), at which point I decided to switch roles to survivor for the next 1000 hours.

    Within the time I've played as Killer, I've experienced:

    Literal Infinite loops, Pallet Vacuums, Inability to damage generators, DS available at any time once per match with no hook requirements, BT protecting both the unhooked and the Rescuer, Instant flashlights, Flashlights that could ensure a survivors escape no matter when they blind you during pickup, Instant heals, Guaranteed Hatch Stand-offs, SC Healing in less than 12 seconds, A veritable Plethora of exploits that allowed survivors to infinitely break the game against me, Pitch black outfits that made Claudette Literally invisible to the naked eye, Fog so thick that you couldn't even see survivors more than 16 meters away, countless sound design issues, and hex totem spawns so terrible that they could never be depended on.

    2018-2019 has seen some major changes regarding balance, and mostly in the Killers favor. They nerfed DS, BT, BL, SC, Healing mechanics in general, etc... Basically what I'm trying to say is that, up until recently, these past few years were a MUCH darker time to play killer, but despite that, I persevered through all of it!

    Is this a statement of my overall bad-ass-ness, or more of a testament to my masochism?

    It's neither...

    I, Like most , Love this game! I Have put up with endless Bullshit and bad design decisions to make it to where I am today as a Killer who has taken this unforgettable statement to heart:

    "If survivors never hold back on their advantages and builds... Why should you?"

    I follow a specific creed when I play this game (one you can find listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58509/my-updated-unwritten-rules-list-for-playing-dbd#latest ), and it hasn't failed me.

    As for What The OP is saying/Complaining about, I feel you, but I can't respect your decision to just "give up" based on how the last patch has treated killers. One thing that most people seem to forget is that Killers are Players and not NPC's. We have a mind of our own, Strategies, or Tactics to ensure a win against you, and the only thing holding us back is the bizarre concept that you are players too and want to have fun as well. Once they nerfed Ruin, the last bastion of control Killers had to allow them to give survivors a "fun" time, the gloves came off. To Be honest, it's always been the fault of the survivors... They always played "gloves off" against killers, and the killers mostly entertained their efforts by being more sportsmanlike than they were. As of the last update however... It's been a NO MERCY BLOODBATH (Of which I predicted here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979907#Comment_979907 )!

    So, While I can Sympathize with the OP, I can't agree with them at all considering all the CRAP Killer Players have had to put up with in the past, and how much this game has evolved to make things more balanced in favor of killer players in the past year an a half. I honestly don't believe in their idea that "the devs being entirely survivor biased" is justified. This is just another Rough patch for killers, and its no where near as bad as we've had it in the past. If the OP wants to make a statement by crying out that they are quitting over it, then... good riddance.

    This game is already loaded with poor sports who DC on a whim, and this community could do with less of them, as well as less of people like the OP in my opinion.

    Honestly this made a lot of sense. I've never read those "rules" but adopted them anyway bc I felt it's how the game should be played. But as stated more times than the sun rises, survivors are a very toxic crowd. They all expect to win/escape and will pull any dirty trick in the book to make it happen. That's when they get camped or tunneled. Then they complain incessantly bc how dare they receive the same energy like I have been writing whole paragraph responses as to why I went toxic on them with no responses bc THEY KNOW how unbalanced the game and community are. And that's the worst part, there's no "safe space" for killer mains to voice our grievances with survivor actions and toxicity without being ostracized or banned for it.

    But I digress. This response has honestly restored some energy within me because it's the first time anyone has read/listened to what I had to say and responded with something constructive in years.

  • I quit 2 months ago and still feel pretty good about that decision. Long story short, killer straight up feels more stressful than my ######### job. Solo surv is annoying when A.) You get hook farmed or B.) You do 4 of 5 totems and still end up being the first one hit with NOED because you're on team potato salad. Otherwise, it's easy street and boring


    I play games to have fun and this one just stopped being any fun on either side. Very much not a fan of BHVR's communication the past few months as well

  • I don't enjoy playing against certain killers, and end up in massive strings of facing them.

    As for killer, it's usually just the queues that annoy me. The Ruin nerf is pretty severe for some killers, and while I've managed with Spirit so far, I've found it difficult to establish rolling pressure for Pig. I've reverted back to the boring, and honestly overpowered, Enduring/Spirit Fury combo. I mean, Demogorgon has more pressure than her prior to getting at least one trap/hook going.

    I'm also unlucky when playing the survivors, since generators just never seem to get done in any situation.

  • At the moment I am not willingly away from dbd.

    I had made a few weeks, or maybe even 1 month or 2 a break because of rl trouble + I was bored by certain aspects of the game.

    Now I just stay away because I have heard of the flashlight bug and when I think of rejoining dbd and facing possible 4 survivors with flashlights that are maybe be aible to instant flashlight me, with all the boring stuff that is for sure still in the game, on top of that...

    Then I just think... "Nah, let me better play a different game, or watch a movie".

    So I check sometimes the forums if the flashlight bug is finally solved, so that I can rejoin dbd without getting a possible experience that is worse as the experiences I had made before.

  • the correct question is: why did you quit dbd and are on the forums yet?

  • @aregularplayer said:

    the correct question is: why did you quit dbd and are on the forums yet?

    I haven't touched DBD in a long time and I still browse the forums.

    I also haven't played Overwatch since Orisa was released and I still watch videos on the game.

    The forums and the game are not one and the same.

  • @TWiXT said:

    Background: I've always played and enjoyed DbD casually, but for the first 1000 hours I chose to take the more difficult role... Killer. Its funny how it took me so long from Novemeber 2016 to July 2019 to accrue that many hours in the Killer role (I had a job, and it was my priority until recently), at which point I decided to switch roles to survivor for the next 1000 hours.

    Within the time I've played as Killer, I've experienced:

    Literal Infinite loops, Pallet Vacuums, Inability to damage generators, DS available at any time once per match with no hook requirements, BT protecting both the unhooked and the Rescuer, Instant flashlights, Flashlights that could ensure a survivors escape no matter when they blind you during pickup, Instant heals, Guaranteed Hatch Stand-offs, SC Healing in less than 12 seconds, A veritable Plethora of exploits that allowed survivors to infinitely break the game against me, Pitch black outfits that made Claudette Literally invisible to the naked eye, Fog so thick that you couldn't even see survivors more than 16 meters away, countless sound design issues, and hex totem spawns so terrible that they could never be depended on.

    2018-2019 has seen some major changes regarding balance, and mostly in the Killers favor. They nerfed DS, BT, BL, SC, Healing mechanics in general, etc... Basically what I'm trying to say is that, up until recently, these past few years were a MUCH darker time to play killer, but despite that, I persevered through all of it!

    Is this a statement of my overall bad-ass-ness, or more of a testament to my masochism?

    It's neither...

    I, Like most , Love this game! I Have put up with endless Bullshit and bad design decisions to make it to where I am today as a Killer who has taken this unforgettable statement to heart:

    "If survivors never hold back on their advantages and builds... Why should you?"

    I follow a specific creed when I play this game (one you can find listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58509/my-updated-unwritten-rules-list-for-playing-dbd#latest ), and it hasn't failed me.

    As for What The OP is saying/Complaining about, I feel you, but I can't respect your decision to just "give up" based on how the last patch has treated killers. One thing that most people seem to forget is that Killers are Players and not NPC's. We have a mind of our own, Strategies, or Tactics to ensure a win against you, and the only thing holding us back is the bizarre concept that you are players too and want to have fun as well. Once they nerfed Ruin, the last bastion of control Killers had to allow them to give survivors a "fun" time, the gloves came off. To Be honest, it's always been the fault of the survivors... They always played "gloves off" against killers, and the killers mostly entertained their efforts by being more sportsmanlike than they were. As of the last update however... It's been a NO MERCY BLOODBATH (Of which I predicted here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979907#Comment_979907 )!

    So, While I can Sympathize with the OP, I can't agree with them at all considering all the CRAP Killer Players have had to put up with in the past, and how much this game has evolved to make things more balanced in favor of killer players in the past year an a half. I honestly don't believe in their idea that "the devs being entirely survivor biased" is justified. This is just another Rough patch for killers, and its no where near as bad as we've had it in the past. If the OP wants to make a statement by crying out that they are quitting over it, then... good riddance.

    This game is already loaded with poor sports who DC on a whim, and this community could do with less of them, as well as less of people like the OP in my opinion.

    I'm on the exact same boat as you Twixt. The only thing that really changed was the toxicity of the people who play survivor. I use to get a gg after games now I just get negatives comments from survivors. I can deal with the flaws in the game.

    People's attitudes can ruin your gaming experience. I don't let words bother me but after a while of being bullied the game starts to become dreadful to play. I'm a Red rank killer so I experienced all types of survivors.

  • @aregularplayer said:

    the correct question is: why did you quit dbd and are on the forums yet?

    Same reason I stuck around other forums for a bit after quitting those games. I've spent too much time playing this game to disengage from it right away. I also grabbed a bag of popcorn to watch the dumpster fire after recent changes


    And to be fair, I still enjoy watching some streamers play this occasionally. For me, seems much more fun to watch it rather than play it anymore

  • @orums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052882#Comment_1052882

    Honestly this made a lot of sense. I've never read those "rules" but adopted them anyway bc I felt it's how the game should be played. But as stated more times than the sun rises, survivors are a very toxic crowd. They all expect to win/escape and will pull any dirty trick in the book to make it happen. That's when they get camped or tunneled. Then they complain incessantly bc how dare they receive the same energy like I have been writing whole paragraph responses as to why I went toxic on them with no responses bc THEY KNOW how unbalanced the game and community are. And that's the worst part, there's no "safe space" for killer mains to voice our grievances with survivor actions and toxicity without being ostracized or banned for it.

    But I digress. This response has honestly restored some energy within me because it's the first time anyone has read/listened to what I had to say and responded with something constructive in years.

    The chief problem in this game is entitlement, which has sadly become the norm for most games in the last 10 years. The problem with that line of thinking is that it doesn't fly, much less apply, when it comes to multiplayer games. I'm an "old gamer" who's been playing games since the 1990's and ever since 2007-ish I've noticed the gaming communities have been spoiled and catered to by developers, and because of that, they've become less sportsmanlike and more entitled with every new game or patch released aimed at appeasing the masses. There are very few games that escape this for the most part, but all of them are seen as hardcore competitive games like CS, Dota, Overwatch, etc. Even then however, the forums for those games are flooded with entitled brats that demand nerfs and changes that will favor their side vs others, and its inescapable for developers no matter how casual or competitive the games actually are. It's really the devs faults overall, they groomed this kind of behavior, accepted it, and will do anything to maintain a player base that has fun, but in reality this logic is flawed because gamers like us aren't simpletons, and treating us as if we are because of some whining on the forums is honestly so condescending that its become insulting.

    For instance: this game has all the mechanics in place to inform the survivors of what is going on in their matches without the need of on screen prompts. Ruin affecting your gen progress? the gen starts regressing and visually sparking as soon as you leave it. Coulrophobia affecting your healing rate? You can already tell when you see it slow down with a red progress bar as soon as you hear the TR heartbeat. etc, etc, etc... Do the gamers of this community really need all of the visual prompts spelling out what's going on? No. We have instincts, and brains capable of figuring things out on our own, but the devs treat us like children, and hold our hands throughout the game with an overabundance of information that before 2007-ish would've been reserved only for new players in a sort of "tutorial" phase. The fact that the devs aren't respecting our instincts is directly linked to the feedback complaints from players, and honestly, its sad.

    This is a 4v1 game, and because of that the majority of players are the survivors; For every 1 person playing killer, there are 4 playing survivor, so naturally, the devs have to cater to the majority no matter how biased or toxic their opinions/demands/complaints are. However, despite this factor, I'm actually elated to the fact that the devs have done so much recently to listen to the minority for once and have been making great strides to balance the game in the killers favor, whereas before that simply wasn't the case. For so long, each new killer + survivor update came out with new changes and perks that made playing survivor easier, and killer more frustrating, but for the last year and a half that hasn't (entirely) been the case, and this recent patch just feels like a throwback to the old times where killers were screwed and survivors were given all the advantages, but that's all it is... a reminder of how bad it used to be.

    You're not entirely right in saying that "there's no 'safe space' for killer mains to voice our grievances" since doing so in these forums has had great results in the past year, no matter how many survivor mains complain about it. Together we nurtured, tolerated and groomed the current community and its expectations of the game, but all the devs have done is abide. We are as much at fault as the devs when it comes to the current state of the game, and while that is frustrating for the killer mains, its also heartening to know that the devs are still listening to us, and have been showing it.

    I may have come across as a bit harsh with my "good riddance" comment, putting your complaint on the same level as entitled players who DC over petty and unsportsmanlike reason, and for that I apologize. I understand your frustration over this game, but for the life of me, It hasn't gotten so bad that I'm willing to give up on it. I see the recent change as both a new challenge, and as just another example of the devs catering to the community. Sometimes its in the survivors favor, but unlike the mistakes Evolve made, these devs are actually listening to the monster/killer players as well (seriously, they massacred that game because they were to biased towards one side and it became a 5 v 1 bully simulator), and that makes me happy to be a part of this game and community.


    @MrGummeBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052882#Comment_1052882

    I'm on the exact same boat as you Twixt. The only thing that really changed was the toxicity of the people who play survivor. I use to get a gg after games now I just get negatives comments from survivors. I can deal with the flaws in the game.

    People's attitudes can ruin your gaming experience. I don't let words bother me but after a while of being bullied the game starts to become dreadful to play. I'm a Red rank killer so I experienced all types of survivors.

    Funny enough, I'm actually a Sadist by nature, and fortunately for me this game has been a great outlet to "get off" on those tendencies, so when a player I've defeated mercilessly comes back at me by vomiting vile and toxic text in the post game chat, that's just really doing it for me. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that I've hurt the other players emotionally in the real world by bruising their egos, and when I can imagine them screaming at their computers, throwing controllers, possibly crying... * shudders * man that just makes my day. It's even better when they use racial, homophobic, antisemitic, or outright vulgar words and threats, because that means I can also report them, which might end up in them getting a ban that will hurt them even more 😍. (is it any wonder why I chose to main killer for the first 1k hours?)

    Of course, I realize that not everyone is like me, and can't experience the same satisfaction I get from toxic chat comments. That out of the way however, I understand that the recent up-rise in toxic behavior in this game (while more gratifying for me) is unappreciated and damaging to the communities reputation. I hate to say it, but this community (which is for an M rated game and should be full of mature players old enough to be good sports about their wins and losses), has devolved into an abattoir of whining, over entitled brats. It's undoubtedly the most irritating facet of the game, and while I don't have any problems with this, I know it's unhealthy for the games future. People need to "Grow Up" and accept that they can't always get their way. Respect each other as fellow gamers, and if you have nothing good or constructive to say in the post game chat, just leave a "gg", calm down/lick your wounds, and decide if you want to play another match. No one deserves to be abused just because they won a match against you. While I'll probably end up hating it if that ever happens, I imagine the community as a whole will be more grateful.

    Shrug off the toxicity, close the chat if you must, but overall try to have fun and enjoy the game. I think that's the best advice I can give.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054044#Comment_1054044

    I haven't touched DBD in a long time and I still browse the forums.

    I also haven't played Overwatch since Orisa was released and I still watch videos on the game.

    The forums and the game are not one and the same.

    Would you “quit” a game though and THEN join the forums? I’m going to assume you posted here while you were still playing, it’s different. I think this is all bs, still plays and just wanted to rant about survivors under the guise that he’s quit because of it...as if the post will carry more weight. If I actually quit a game, I’m not going to go join the forum for the first time. Doesn’t add up...probably a dupe account.

  • Should really make a thread titled "Why Did You Lie About Quitting DBD?" If you have feedback, leave it, but don't pretend you quit. If you quit you wouldn't be here trying to engage with the "toxic, survivor heavy" community.

    Fact: Killers get more kills than escapes across all ranks. But please continue to tell us how "survivor-sided" the game is.

  • I come back/came back for tomes.

    The more you put up and have at stake the more likely you're gonna get annoyed. Bring in an item as a survivor? I don't want to lose it. Use a rare item set or a mori? If things go south you may not even get to use it.

    I love creepy ambiance, but you don't really get to enjoy it unless you can't find a generator or survivor and can just stop and go cool there's a cow hanging from a tree.

    It gets stressful for the wrong reasons.

  • I used to main survivor before the update, but the long queue times, shorter and boring matches have turned me into a killer main for now. However, I'm starting to get bored of playing the same killers over and over again. I'm guessing I'll stop playing for good when I purchase a new game next month.

  • Survivor toxicity. 1 less killer in Ps4, enjoy your queue times :)

  • I play both ends, but. I started quitting my play-time for this game due to the whole Killer nerfs.

    Developers really don't know their own game. It's just boring playing the same 3 top tier killers that can do something. Kind of.


    I just wish developers knew what the real issue was with their games.

  • @Feyd said:

    Should really make a thread titled "Why Did You Lie About Quitting DBD?" If you have feedback, leave it, but don't pretend you quit. If you quit you wouldn't be here trying to engage with the "toxic, survivor heavy" community.

    Fact: Killers get more kills than escapes across all ranks. But please continue to tell us how "survivor-sided" the game is.

    Game is survivor sided.

    That doesn't seem like a fact, as you're just bringing it up without any proof to back it up.

    If you think a 5 minute game is fair in a game like this, then. It's just a bad mixup for you. Sorry to say, but the facts aren't just there.

  • @orums said:

    To be perfectly honest, once I started interacting with the facebook groups is when I noticed just how one sided the community is. I got kicked from three groups just for making memes that mocked survivors and their toxic habits. That really just confirmed for me that the community was survivor heavy and more toxic than described. I still have a picture that complied with the "no names in screenshots" rules that got denied because apparently there were names despite me blatantly cropping themnout. That's when I knew survivor mains ran the entire Dbd community.

    I had some good times but no where near enough to keep me playing the game. I got to rank 13 survivor in less than a day, another point of contention. I was winning match after match after match as a survivor with little to no perks. It's when it dawned on me that killers are truly at every disadvantage within the game. Looping came quick to me, pallets were abundant when I needed them, skill checks were mundane and nearly consistent. I knew that once I had some teachable perks under my belt that the game would be a cake walk. I had another "a-ha!" Moment when I had that thought. So many survivors able to blind me so long, narrowly escape a lunge, bring themselves up from a dying state, and any number of crazy abilities that did nothing but frustrate me as a killer. Survivors inherently, even without perks, can absolutely run the table on even a red rank killer.

    I could list for days why this is the abject truth, but instead I'll have survivor mains retort with any number of insults, challenges, and overall cognitive dissonance regarding their upper niche within the community. To those that feel the need to be toxic in the responses to this post, denying established fact.

    I'm just going to delete the game and wait until a week after ragnarok for the devs to finally balance what's broken.

    So you don’t play yet frequent the forums and Facebook pages? Weird

  • Killer main here. I pretty much just do dailies due to how bad the matchmaking and toxicity is atm. Pretty soon i'll probably get too fed up to even do that.

  • @Akhaten said:

    Killer is too frustrating to play as, and survivor is too boring to be worth the queue time.

    Also the poor quality of patches in the last 6-12 months and poor communication from BHVR CM/devs on important issues made quit several times. But now will leave for good because it simply isn't fun to play either side, horror factor is non existant (in a horror labeled game) and the archive/rift are not even generating enough motivation in me to keep playing.

    Great Name. I love that Doctor Who episode

  • Killer is too stressful to play now. It's still do-able, but, ######### all the work needed to actually feel like you are winning. It's just not worth it.


    Playing survivor is just brain dead now. As If It wasn't before.... Now, It's just unplayable.

    Only reason I'm still around the forums Is because I hope they fix their game, I enjoyed this game a lot, now, It's just unfun.

    No thanks.

  • It isn't fun anymore. MHW is fun. So I play the fun thing :)

    I played all the killers, but the Nurse nerf and then the Ruin nerf, the complete and total ignorance and lack of recognition of problems as to why Ruin was used, and the devs responses? Yeah. I have no real hope and no interest in spending any more time and money on the game.

    Maybe someday they'll fix it, maybe they won't - I hope they do. And that's fine. I don't go around telling everyone I quit, that the game is garbage. I still frequent the forums and talk about things, for a game I no longer play because I hope things get fixed. I used to play it a few times a week as survivor but it just wasn't the same, especially if my friend wasn't playing. And who cares, right? Me, you, dozens of other people not playing, it doesn't change the fact the game is and will continue to be successful, despite all of the problems and stress and frustrations. At the end of the day if you're a killer, well, you're in the minority. Accept the way it is or move on.

  • Unrelated to the post but it's Funny you should mention Doctor Who when I made a killer concept based on the "Weeping Angels" as an in game mechanic:

    @TWiXT said:

    This is an updated version of a concept I came up with over a year ago as an original killer alternative for those out there wanting to see a doll killer like Chucky in the game. I have Many changes but the most notable are the refined backstory, and reworks to the perks and power for better balance in today's current game environment and meta. I hope you guys like it.

    The Dolls

    Appearance/Mannerism: Alabaster porcelain Dolls dressed in different era or environment specific outfits of both male and female varieties. The Dolls move at 6m/s, and have a 24 meter Terror radius

    Back-story:

    Agnes Cartwright was a resident of a small town a few Km outside of Suffolk England from 1896-1923. In her early years she was seen as a peculiar child to others in the schoolhouse, but none could’ve known what torture she endured at her secluded home outside of town under the care of her vicious, and self righteous stepmother. Her father had passed away when she was 4 years old, leaving her at the mercy of her cruel and mentally unstable stepmom who demanded she come home immediately from school with no guests allowed, and regularly abused her verbally, physically and mentally over petty reasons like coming home 20 seconds late, talking out of turn or behaving childishly. Locked in the basement for hours, barely fed, and disallowed contact with others outside of school led Agnes to take comfort in the only fragment of her loving father she had: a large sized porcelain doll named Lucy, whom she regularly whispered to as her only friend. Eventually mercury poisoning from her stepmothers job as a Hatter made her too unpredictable, difficult to understand, and sickly to the point of being bedridden. Those last months of her stepmother’s life were the happiest Agnes had been in a long time. Agnes learned to use the machine in her stepmoms sewing room to make new outfits for Lucy, but the cracks and wear on Lucy were getting too problematic and Agnes could hear Lucy crying out to make her better. Her eye’s had fallen out and broken, and Agnes desperately needed new ones to replace them. At 13 years old Agnes trekked the distance into Suffolk to learn everything she could about doll-making and although a social odd-ball, one shop owner took pity and started her off on a trial basis as an intern, but quickly came to realize that Agnes had a gift for fine details as well as clever innovation with all she was taught. After learning enough about doll repair from the shop’s owner, Agnes slowly restored Lucy while tending to her sick stepmothers gibberish orders and violent outbursts, often Agnes had to calm her down with medicated powder dissolved in boiling water and inhaled through the steam as the doctor ordered. While the medication worked well, it left her stepmother in a confused stupor unable to remember things or accurately process new information, which was fine for Agnes since it ensured a lower chance of interruptions while she worked on Lucy. The biggest problem was always with the eyes, as nothing she tried made Lucy happy. While tending to her bedridden stepmother Lucy spoke out to Agnes about how pretty her stepmothers’ eyes were, and what a shame it would be if she carried them to the grave to rot with her. Agnes felt her blood run cold as the epiphany occurred to her, and she collected her tools for the task ahead.

    It was harder than she was ready for, and even though her step mother had to be strapped down to the bed for her own good so she could be medicated without resistance, she still struggled against Agnes’s efforts and all the blood made her slippery and hard to hold down, but after enough bleeding and slipping into shock, her stepmother stopped moving and she extracted the eyes with care. Agnes gently removed the nerve cords, drained them and slipped in marbles to hold their structure, but fearing the eventual decay she ingeniously soaked them in transparent adhesive overnight before letting them dry, lacquered and polished them to a pristine shine, and with that Lucy finally had the eyes she wanted.

    As Agnes grew better at doll making and more astute at the finer details, the Doll Shop became much more successful, and everyone wanted one of Agnes’s original designs, earning her the title of “The Doll Lady” from the local children. It was always tough for Agnes, making new friends day in and day out, only to have to let them go home with little boys and girls once they were sold by the store owner, but none of them could ever compare to Lucy. At home Lucy began asking Agnes to make more friends for her to play Stop ‘n Go and Hide n' Seek with while Agnes was away from home (The first game is now called Red light, Green Light). Agnes had always wanted to play those games with her classmates after school but was never allowed to, and she was delighted to take up the task. She worked hard and converted the sewing room into a full blown doll workshop. Sometimes stealing but otherwise buying supplies from her employer at a discount for her home shop; she dedicated herself to the craft of making new friends for hours every evening at home. Again however, Lucy disliked her new friend’s eyes, and eventually got them to beg Agnes for better ones like hers, a request which Agnes resisted.

    In her mid 20’s however, upon returning home she found that a local boy had broken into her house and discovered her friends. Startled by Agnes, the boy threw a doll at her and leaped out the window. Agnes’s mind broke as her beloved Lucy’s brief scream for help was silenced when she shattered against the wall. Agnes’s grief over the sudden loss of Lucy was overpowered by her fury as all of her friends cried out for her to punish the interloper in kind for the murder of Lucy. Without hesitation she took up her shears, chased down the boy in the nearby woods, and ended his life. She took boy’s eyes as compensation and used them to give Lucy’s boyfriend the eyes he always wanted. Agnes held a memorial for Lucy, burying her in her favorite spot of the meadow on their property overlooking the pond, marked the grave with a single candle and a small photo of her holding Lucy when she was 3, and hid the boy’s body in her basement alongside her stepmothers’ desiccated corpse. With the money she had earned from the doll shop, Agnes had a large, spike tipped, iron rod fence put in around her estate to keep out further transgressors, and from that point on obnoxious children with pretty eyes started disappearing in her home town and Suffolk.

    Agnes had mastered preserving the eyes, and giving them to her friends as gifts, sometimes taking a friend into town or Suffolk to pick and choose the eyes they liked best, and Agnes soon became an expert at luring, capturing, and killing the children and young teenagers to extract their eyes for her friends, as well as transporting and hiding the bodies in the woods. However, after a long storm caused mudslides, a few of her victims bodies had been discovered floating down rivers, prompting authorities to search the wooded areas on the outskirts of Suffolk where more were discovered. Everyone was on high alert for suspicious behavior, as any information leading to the arrest of “The Gouger,” now linked to the missing children, had become top priority. Agnes’s peculiarities and shift in personality became more troubling to her boss, and her insistence on walking home without an escort every evening while a killer was on the loose only drew further suspicion her way. She feigned ignorance as best she could until a constable visited her estate, discovered the bodies in her basement and drew his revolver. Panicking about how she would never be allowed to play with her friends again, Agnes attacked the constable, taking a shot in the lower abdomen from his weapon, but managed to cut his jugular artery and send him tumbling down the cellar stairs. Agnes knew she didn’t have much time before more constables would be on her doorstep and had to move fast. After patching herself up haphazardly, all of her friends cried and begged to go with her, but she could only pack up a few with promises to return for the rest later. Tears running down her cheeks, and dragging 2 travel trunks full of her friends while bleeding from her crudely stitched wound, she hastily limped off into the woods as a thick fog rolled in during the twilight hours. Despite the horrific discovery of the dolls she left behind featuring preserved children’s eyes, and an exhaustive manhunt lasting for months, Agnes was never found.

    Weapon:

    Knives, scissors, ice picks, box cutters etc. Anything small enough for the dolls to wield that could be found in any home or store. (Possibly themed per realm in weapon cosmetic packs) They have a higher than average lunge range but the shortest reach of all killers.

    Power: Possession

    Passive:

    Up to 10-16 dolls appear on the trial grounds based upon map size, and are eager to play a lethal game of “Red light, Green light” with survivors. A possessed doll within 16 meters of a survivor can be transfixed and unable to move or attack (unless touching the survivor) as long as a survivor is looking at it with their inner 30 degree cone of vision, but will be able to move and attack again once the survivor breaks their inner 30 degree line of sight with it or gets more than 16 meters away. Hooked survivors or survivors in the dying state can’t transfix a doll. Similar to how tall reeds and corn affects killers using line of sight abilities (Shape, Ghost Face), vegetation counts as broken line of sight to a survivor looking in a dolls direction restricting the transfixion range to 8 meters. Possessed Dolls make movement sounds and periodic child giggling noises that can be heard within 12 meters, and their Terror Radius, giggling, and red stain persists for 6 seconds for a recently possessed doll after transferring to a new one. The Dolls can’t vault windows, or destroy pallets while transfixed. Breaking, Grabbing, Carrying, Vaulting and Hooking actions are performed by the invisible spirit of Agnes Cartwright who possesses the Dolls and can’t be body blocked, and after it’s hooked a survivor, it possesses the nearest doll.

    (Possible balance change if needed due to The Dolls size)

    This is the only killer with a 3rd person perspective.

    OR,

    Fog and Vegetation renders 90% transparent in a 20m radius for the killer when in a dolls perspective. (if going this rout I suggest it also applies to Pig and Ghost Face when they crouch)

    Active:

    Activating this power transfers your perspective to the nearest Doll, or to the Doll whose aura you target over the span of .3-3 seconds depending upon distance. After possessing another doll if the doll you left behind was transfixed by a survivors gaze, that survivors aura is revealed to you until they get far enough away or break line of sight with it.

    Mori:

    Four dolls run in and hold the survivors limbs down while the fifth eyeless doll gouges out the survivors eyes with its hands, eats them, and blinks revealing the newly acquired eyes in its sockets, after which the dolls scatter and your perspective returns to the last used doll.

    Map: The “Doll Lady’s” House.

    In the middle of a large meadow overrun with chest high grass, and on the edge of some woods with a small pond, lies a run down one story home with a living room, bedroom, small bathroom, kitchen and dining area, a doll making workshop room, and a basement accessible from a cellar door outside. Aside from the base of a few mid-sized boulders and trees there is barely a bald spot of earth on the grounds of this map. The entire estate is surrounded by a large, rusty, spike tipped, iron rod fence. Hooks on this map are wood framed and feature stitched together patches of fabric wrapping around them, dangling doll body parts, and a small black and white memorial photo of a of a 3 year old girl holding a doll at the base lit by a single candle.

    Unique Perks:

    Painful Neglect: The Entity is swift to punish those who become distracted from their goals. Survivors who take their inner 30 degree cone of vision off of a generator while repairing experience a 5/10/15% reduction to progress speed and increase the odds of skill checks triggering as well as reduce their success zones by 5/10/15%

    Hide n’ Seek: Control over your heart rate conceals your exact whereabouts from survivors. When within 16/24/32 meters of a survivor your Terror radius’s heartbeat rate no longer increases the closer you are to them.

    Mind Numbing Mist: Your intense desire to kill transgressors has saturated the fog of the trial grounds dulling and suppressing the Survivors sense of situational awareness. Up to 2/3/4 Survivors no longer receive Status Effect, Perk and Teammate condition notifications during the trial. Injured, Down, Hooked and Exhaustion notifications are exempt from this effect.

    Survivor: Wei Ying

    A bit malnourished but professional to the core, Wei Ying is a clever man in his 30’s who has over 15 years of experience as an electrical technician. In his youth he always took apart every toy and electronic in his possession; intrigued by how they worked, and as an adult he’s a master of electronics and an artist with his tools and ingenuity having created multiple patented devices that are mass produced today. Cocky, condescending to others, but intense when he commits to a task; having him as an ally ensures objectives will be completed more smoothly than you’re accustomed.

    Unique Perks:

    Tools of the Trade: When supplies are low you have a keen instinct for finding the right tools for the job. While carrying a Flashlight or Toolbox item of common/uncommon/rare or lower quality during a trial, the first chest you open will be a guaranteed Match or Upgraded rarity item of the same type.

    Safety First: Your knowledge of working around electrical circuits outmatches others who tend to ignore the basic rules of repairing. When you start repairing a generator it powers down over the span of 8/6/4 seconds and remains powered down while you work on it. Leaving an affected generator for more than 6 seconds, failed skill checks, and damage from the killer will immediately power it back up at its current level of progress.

    Delay Resistors: Experience has rewarded you with an advantage against the Killer’s situational awareness. After you completely repair a generator, the generators full power up and notifying alert to the killer is delayed for 3/4/5 seconds or until another survivor begins working on it. The generator can be damaged by the killer within this window of time.

    TL;DR Version:

    The Dolls

    Appearance/Mannerism: Alabaster porcelain dolls the size of totems of male and female variety with differing outfits (possibly in themed outfit packs of 4, e.g. creepy dolls made to look like small versions of the other killers/survivors), they have a 24m terror radius and a 6m\s movement speed.

    Weapon: Small weapons such as knives, scissors, screwdrivers, ice picks, claw hammers etc. basically anything small enough for a Doll to wield that can be found anywhere (possibly in themed cosmetic weapon packs of 4, e.g. Realm themed small farm tools, medical tools, metal shop tools, hunting tools…). They have a larger than average lunge range but the shortest reach of all killers.

    Power: Possession

    Passive: Up to 10-16 dolls appear on the trial grounds based upon map size, and are eager to play a lethal game of “Red light, Green light” with survivors. A possessed doll within 16 meters of a survivor can be transfixed and unable to move or attack (unless touching the survivor) as long as a survivor is looking at it with their inner 30 degree cone of vision, but will be able to move and attack again once the survivor breaks thier inner 30 degree line of sight with it or gets more than 16 meters away. Hooked survivors or survivors in the dying state can’t transfix a doll. Similar to how tall reeds and corn affects killers using line of sight abilities (Shape, Ghost Face), vegetation counts as broken line of sight to a survivor looking in a dolls direction restricting the transfixion range to 8 meters. Possessed Dolls make movement sounds and periodic child giggling noises that can be heard within 12 meters, and Terror Radius, giggling, and red stain persists for 6 seconds for a recently possessed doll after transferring to a new one. The Dolls can’t vault windows, or destroy pallets while transfixed. Breaking, Grabbing, Carrying, Vaulting and Hooking actions are performed by the invisible spirit of Agnes Cartwright who possesses the Dolls and can’t be body blocked, and after it’s hooked a survivor, it possesses the nearest doll.

    (Possible balance change if needed due to The Dolls size)

    This is the only killer with a 3rd person perspective.

    Or,

    Fog and Vegetation renders 90% transparent in a 20m radius for the killer when in a dolls perspective. (if going this rout I suggest it also applies to Pig and Ghost Face when they crouch)

    Active: Activating this power transfers your perspective to the nearest Doll, or to the Doll whose aura you target over .3-3 seconds depending on distance. After possessing another doll if the doll you left behind was transfixed by a survivors gaze, that survivors aura is revealed to you until they get far enough away or break line of sight with it.

    Mori: Four dolls run in and hold the survivors limbs down while the fifth eyeless doll gouges out the survivors eyes with its hands, eats them, and blinks revealing the newly acquired eyes in its sockets, after which the dolls scatter and your perspective returns to the last used doll.

    Map: The “Doll Lady’s” House

    A small 5 room run down home with a basement accessible by a cellar door on the outside in the middle of a large and very grassy meadow. On the edges of this meadow are young woods, and a small pond. The grounds are surrounded by a spike tipped, rusty, Iron rod fence, and the hooks are wood framed and feature stitched together patches of fabric wrapping around them, dangling doll body parts, and a small black and white memorial photo of a of a 3 year old girl holding a doll at the base lit by a single candle.

    Unique Perks:

    Painful Neglect: At Max, Survivors who take their inner 30 degree cone of vision off of a generator while repairing it experience a 15% reduction to progress speed and increase the odds of skill checks triggering as well as reduce their success zones by 15%.

    Hide n’ Seek – At Max, When within 32 meters of a survivor your Terror radius’s heartbeat rate no longer increases the closer you are to them.

    Mind Numbing Mist – At Max, Up to 4 Survivors no longer receive Status effect, Perk and Teammate condition notifications during the trial. Injured, Down, Hooked and Exhaustion status notifications are exempt from this effect.

    Survivor: Wei Ying

    A malnourished electrical technician with a cocky attitude, and condescending demeanor towards others. Never the less his expertise at repairing and tinkering with items makes having him as an ally a great benefit to the team when focused on primary objectives.

    Unique Perks:

    Tools of the Trade: At Max, While carrying a Flashlight or Toolbox item of Rare or lower quality during a trial, the first chest you open will be a guaranteed Match or Upgraded rarity item of the same type.

    Safety First – At Max, When you start repairing a generator it powers down over the span of 4 seconds and remains powered down while you work on it. Leaving an affected generator for more than 6 seconds, failed skill checks, and damage from the killer will immediately power it back up at its current level of progress.

    Delay Resistors – At Max, After you completely repair a generator, the generators full power up and notifying alert to the killer is delayed by 5 seconds or until another survivor begins working on it. The generator can be damaged by the killer within this window of time.

    ​

    All creative criticism is welcome.

    Don't let the introductory text or the fact that its a "Doll killer" dissuade you. I think you'll enjoy the read, and hopefully leave a constructive criticism of it in the comments for it. It's kinda my baby, and although this is a shameless plug for it, I beleive that people like you would enjoy having it as a killer the most in this game. Especially since the devs seem to have run out of ideas recently, and are making killers that are just "hybrids" of other mechanics they already have in game (GF being a combination of Pig+Shape, and Oni being another combination of Hillbilly+Shape).

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054371#Comment_1054371

    Unrelated to the post but it's Funny you should mention Doctor Who when I made a killer concept based on the "Weeping Angels" as an in game mechanic:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/72152/killer-concept-the-dolls-updated-survivor-map-perks-back-story-mori-and-tl-dr-version-below

    Don't let the introductory text or the fact that its a "Doll killer" dissuade you. I think you'll enjoy the read, and hopefully leave a constructive criticism of it in the comments for it. It's kinda my baby, and although this is a shameless plug for it, I beleive that people like you would enjoy having it as a killer the most in this game. Especially since the devs seem to have run out of ideas recently, and are making killers that are just "hybrids" of other mechanics they already have in game (GF being a combination of Pig+Shape, and Oni being another combination of Hillbilly+Shape).

    Oooh please tell me the concept. I love weeping angels

  • @TWiXT said:

    Background: I've always played and enjoyed DbD casually, but for the first 1000 hours I chose to take the more difficult role... Killer. Its funny how it took me so long from Novemeber 2016 to July 2019 to accrue that many hours in the Killer role (I had a job, and it was my priority until recently), at which point I decided to switch roles to survivor for the next 1000 hours.

    Within the time I've played as Killer, I've experienced:

    Literal Infinite loops, Pallet Vacuums, Inability to damage generators, DS available at any time once per match with no hook requirements, BT protecting both the unhooked and the Rescuer, Instant flashlights, Flashlights that could ensure a survivors escape no matter when they blind you during pickup, Instant heals, Guaranteed Hatch Stand-offs, SC Healing in less than 12 seconds, A veritable Plethora of exploits that allowed survivors to infinitely break the game against me, Pitch black outfits that made Claudette Literally invisible to the naked eye, Fog so thick that you couldn't even see survivors more than 16 meters away, countless sound design issues, and hex totem spawns so terrible that they could never be depended on.

    2018-2019 has seen some major changes regarding balance, and mostly in the Killers favor. They nerfed DS, BT, BL, SC, Healing mechanics in general, etc... Basically what I'm trying to say is that, up until recently, these past few years were a MUCH darker time to play killer, but despite that, I persevered through all of it!

    Is this a statement of my overall bad-ass-ness, or more of a testament to my masochism?

    It's neither...

    I, Like most , Love this game! I Have put up with endless Bullshit and bad design decisions to make it to where I am today as a Killer who has taken this unforgettable statement to heart:

    "If survivors never hold back on their advantages and builds... Why should you?"

    I follow a specific creed when I play this game (one you can find listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58509/my-updated-unwritten-rules-list-for-playing-dbd#latest ), and it hasn't failed me.

    As for What The OP is saying/Complaining about, I feel you, but I can't respect your decision to just "give up" based on how the last patch has treated killers. One thing that most people seem to forget is that Killers are Players and not NPC's. We have a mind of our own, Strategies, or Tactics to ensure a win against you, and the only thing holding us back is the bizarre concept that you are players too and want to have fun as well. Once they nerfed Ruin, the last bastion of control Killers had to allow them to give survivors a "fun" time, the gloves came off. To Be honest, it's always been the fault of the survivors... They always played "gloves off" against killers, and the killers mostly entertained their efforts by being more sportsmanlike than they were. As of the last update however... It's been a NO MERCY BLOODBATH (Of which I predicted here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979907#Comment_979907 )!

    So, While I can Sympathize with the OP, I can't agree with them at all considering all the CRAP Killer Players have had to put up with in the past, and how much this game has evolved to make things more balanced in favor of killer players in the past year an a half. I honestly don't believe in their idea that "the devs being entirely survivor biased" is justified. This is just another Rough patch for killers, and its no where near as bad as we've had it in the past. If the OP wants to make a statement by crying out that they are quitting over it, then... good riddance.

    This game is already loaded with poor sports who DC on a whim, and this community could do with less of them, as well as less of people like the OP in my opinion.

    Your response is a literal wake up call and a smack of reality to people. Props to you.

  • Your quick response is heartwarming, but I'm not going to spell it all out here. Give the link a read, and if you don't have the time to read the full version, I also included a TL;DR version in it to give you and others the basic idea of how the killer works. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it, and will leave constructive comments about it in the post I linked for you.

  • @Feyd said:

    Should really make a thread titled "Why Did You Lie About Quitting DBD?" If you have feedback, leave it, but don't pretend you quit. If you quit you wouldn't be here trying to engage with the "toxic, survivor heavy" community.

    Fact: Killers get more kills than escapes across all ranks. But please continue to tell us how "survivor-sided" the game is.

    So are those numbers before or after the ruin nerf? I'm pretty sure we don't have stats yet with new ruin so it seems redudent to talk about kills and escapes.


    Fact: Maybe bring proof to back up your statement.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054498#Comment_1054498

    Your quick response is heartwarming, but I'm not going to spell it all out here. Give the link a read, and if you don't have the time to read the full version, I also included a TL;DR version in it to give you and others the basic idea of how the killer works. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it, and will leave constructive comments about it in the post I linked for you.

    Will do thanks man

  • I haven't quit, but I'm definitely not playing as much as I used to. Playing killer is too stressful for the fun I get out of it, and I'm not as interested in playing survivor unless I'm with a friend. I'm waiting for something from the devs to encourage me to play, but so far the game's been going downhill.

    The Oni buff this patch was the one thing that kept me going for a while after the Ruin nerf, though.

  • I came back because there "was promising potential" in the year 2019. Reason i'm quitting again, because the devs are spoon feeding trash survivors wins. ie survivors are back to being braindead

  • I'll just post what I said in another thread:

    For me it wasn't Ruin itself that makes me quit. It's the fact that they nerfed Ruin without address the issue of gens and/or maps, and the fact that the nerf was based on frustrations to play against as a new survivor and people who cant hit skill checks. That's what was putting me off.

    And yeah you are right I wasn't enjoying it in the first place, I played DBD since January 2018, and I was having a good time till around Apiril of 2019, when the Legion "rework" (aka the gutting of Legion) happened. The fact that the devs were beginning to ignore feedback, was the start of the unenjoyment of the game. I started playing less and less over time until the Nurse nerf happened, where no feedback was even considered. That was the big kicker for me, and that was when I starting playing the game like twice a week and playing a few matches before being burnt out. The Oni, and the second Legion nerf (seriously nerfing an already gutted killer) just added fuel to the fire, since Devs sill didn't listen to feedback. The Hex: Ruin nerf and the fact they didn't address the issue was the straw that broke the camels back.

    I'm already playing multiple games that are enjoying, such as War Thunder, Bo1, Bo2, and Bo3 zombies, and I'm planning to play Last Year.


    TLDR: It wasn't the Ruin nerf, but the fact the core issue wasn't address, and the fact since April of 2019, the Devs ignored feedback and just listen to new players.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054075#Comment_1054075

    Would you “quit” a game though and THEN join the forums? I’m going to assume you posted here while you were still playing, it’s different. I think this is all bs, still plays and just wanted to rant about survivors under the guise that he’s quit because of it...as if the post will carry more weight. If I actually quit a game, I’m not going to go join the forum for the first time. Doesn’t add up...probably a dupe account.

    I haven't played DBD in at least 5 straight months yet I still visit the forums almost daily.

  • After spending hundreds of hours getting toxic abuse from survivors (and occasionally when I played survivor the fewer toxic killers) I was tempted to quit and played less than I was before.

    Then they changed Nurse and completely and utterly ignored our feedback while forcing changes on us that are clearly done by people who don't understand her. That was what pushed me over the edge.

    Now I just lurk on the forums and keep Nurse discourse as relevant as I can in hopes that the devs will see we DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES AND HAVE OFFERED SO MANY BETTER ONES.

  • Playing as solo survivor: Boring match due to killer is noob thanks to broken matchmaking, Boring match due to early die thanks to camp/tunnel/mori, Frustrate match dues to top tier killer or insta down pink addon, Tired of seeing campfire and waste my time for loooong match finding

    Playing with frie- OOPS! YOU DON'T HAVE A FRIEND TO PLAY TOGETHER

    Playing as Killer: Frustrate due to gen rush, swf and toxic. (Good luck playing killer with terrible map pressure against 4 swf with key/toolbox/flashlight. I dare you)

    WHERE IS THE FUN FROM THIS GAME? I SERIOUSLY SEE WHY IT IS WORTH TO QUIT


    Also i'm already addict to other game so why give a s**t about this game?

  • @Aura_babyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052882#Comment_1052882

    Your response is a literal wake up call and a smack of reality to people. Props to you.

    You're welcome for that, and I hope I didn't come across as too harsh for many out there. Its just frustrating to see posts like this one repeated "En Mass" over small or petty reasoning.

  • @aregularplayer said:

    the correct question is: why did you quit dbd and are on the forums yet?

    @aregularplayer

    Preach.

    Don’t understand this one either. If I uninstalled I would have left a long time ago. Guess some people have time to kill.

  • I quit because games are too fast. On the survivor side, lobbies are too long for games that last so short, always felt in control which I think playing survivor should have a bit of tenseness to it. On the killer side, way too stressful to deal with these fast games and all the changes did was make bad killers even worse, killing variety and playstyles.

  • I got sick and tired of the devs’ decisions regarding balance for the red ranks.


    So far, it has been a month since I deleted the game and I don’t even feel like I missed it. However, I will still check the forum from time to time because I still have a bit of hope that the devs will wake up one day and fix what they did.

  • I just quit not more than an hour ago. I quit because of a myriad of things. First off, wait times. Waiting 10+ minutes for a match. Second, would have to be all of the bugs that this game has and continues to generate. When one mistake can end the game for you, you don't need that mistake coming from bug you can't control. Third, is the community itself. I have tried to stay positive with this game but it's kind of hard when the community is a vast sea of negativity. People are always complaining about something and some even go out of their way to make games miserable for others. I'm sure I'll be a lot better off without DbD

  • @DingDongs said:

    Playing as solo survivor: Boring match due to killer is noob thanks to broken matchmaking, Boring match due to early die thanks to camp/tunnel/mori, Frustrate match dues to top tier killer or insta down pink addon, Tired of seeing campfire and waste my time for loooong match finding

    Playing with frie- OOPS! YOU DON'T HAVE A FRIEND TO PLAY TOGETHER

    Playing as Killer: Frustrate due to gen rush, swf and toxic. (Good luck playing killer with terrible map pressure against 4 swf with key/toolbox/flashlight. I dare you)

    WHERE IS THE FUN FROM THIS GAME? I SERIOUSLY SEE WHY IT IS WORTH TO QUIT

    Also i'm already addict to other game so why give a s**t about this game?

    @DingDongs

    Clearly something still keeps you here. They will make money simply because even you are still talking about the game.

  • @FregglesFred said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054276#Comment_1054276

    Game is survivor sided.

    That doesn't seem like a fact, as you're just bringing it up without any proof to back it up.

    If you think a 5 minute game is fair in a game like this, then. It's just a bad mixup for you. Sorry to say, but the facts aren't just there.

    They released these stats not that long ago, even disregarding all games where someone DC'd. They were posted right here on the forums. The kill rate was something like 60% even if you only count all games where all the survivors played until they escaped or died.

    If you counted the DC games that number would be astronomically more in favor of killers. Killers just like being able to walk in and 4k the majority of their games without effort.

  • I didn’t t quit, but if I do it’s most likely from burnout and the lack of any endgame.

    I also don’t like stories where there isn’t any hope for the characters. So I’m not too fond of the survivors being stuck in the Entity’s realm forever until they’re empty husks.

    The story writers need to unleash Dwights true power and have him counter The Entity.

  • I quit killer because survivor is the power role.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054778#Comment_1054778

    @DingDongs

    Clearly something still keeps you here. They will make money simply because even you are still talking about the game.

    Well... Depending on what you are saying, I doubt it.

    The nr.1 question I get from dbd veterans that have left is: "Is dbd still that boring m1 game?".

    And my answer then is: "yes".

    Because it is. I will not start to lie, to the people that I know, just so that this game get some customers back.

    If they like to let me say "no". They actual need to put more actions for killers and survivors in.

    Of course, I know that is exactly the opposit of what the devs seems to achieve at the moment, but while parts of the it-industry seem to think that their customers are nothing more as braindead sheeps (and that is for sure in parts true), there are also people that not fit in this category.

    And those people like to have challenges. They like to have interessting chases and they would like to do more as only pressing m1, to repair a gen, to heal themself and to escape.

    One of my best friends was almost more annoyed about the Legion rework as I was - and I am still pretty damn annoyed from it - and he was a survivor main!

    Can you believe it?

    His mainreason for being so annoyed about it, was because he has lost with the Legion rework 1 of the last true challenges, dbd had.

    Today there is just Hillbilly left and maybe 1-10% of the Nurse-playerbase that could give him a change to the usal and that is for some people not enough.

‹ 1 2