Why did you quit DBD

To be perfectly honest, once I started interacting with the facebook groups is when I noticed just how one sided the community is. I got kicked from three groups just for making memes that mocked survivors and their toxic habits. That really just confirmed for me that the community was survivor heavy and more toxic than described. I still have a picture that complied with the "no names in screenshots" rules that got denied because apparently there were names despite me blatantly cropping themnout. That's when I knew survivor mains ran the entire Dbd community.

I had some good times but no where near enough to keep me playing the game. I got to rank 13 survivor in less than a day, another point of contention. I was winning match after match after match as a survivor with little to no perks. It's when it dawned on me that killers are truly at every disadvantage within the game. Looping came quick to me, pallets were abundant when I needed them, skill checks were mundane and nearly consistent. I knew that once I had some teachable perks under my belt that the game would be a cake walk. I had another "a-ha!" Moment when I had that thought. So many survivors able to blind me so long, narrowly escape a lunge, bring themselves up from a dying state, and any number of crazy abilities that did nothing but frustrate me as a killer. Survivors inherently, even without perks, can absolutely run the table on even a red rank killer.


I could list for days why this is the abject truth, but instead I'll have survivor mains retort with any number of insults, challenges, and overall cognitive dissonance regarding their upper niche within the community. To those that feel the need to be toxic in the responses to this post, denying established fact.


I'm just going to delete the game and wait until a week after ragnarok for the devs to finally balance what's broken.

Comments

  • @Talmeer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1055051#Comment_1055051

    Well... Depending on what you are saying, I doubt it.

    The nr.1 question I get from dbd veterans that have left is: "Is dbd still that boring m1 game?".

    And my answer then is: "yes".

    Because it is. I will not start to lie, to the people that I know, just so that this game get some customers back.

    If they like to let me say "no". They actual need to put more actions for killers and survivors in.

    Of course, I know that is exactly the opposit of what the devs seems to achieve at the moment, but while parts of the it-industry seem to think that their customers are nothing more as braindead sheeps (and that is for sure in parts true), there are also people that not fit in this category.

    And those people like to have challenges. They like to have interessting chases and they would like to do more as only pressing m1, to repair a gen, to heal themself and to escape.

    One of my best friends was almost more annoyed about the Legion rework as I was - and I am still pretty damn annoyed from it - and he was a survivor main!

    Can you believe it?

    His mainreason for being so annoyed about it, was because he has lost with the Legion rework 1 of the last true challenges, dbd had.

    Today there is just Hillbilly left and maybe 1-10% of the Nurse-playerbase that could give him a change to the usal and that is for some people not enough.

    @Talmeer

    Do if hillbilly is the only killer you see these days, why do I keep seeing Clowns, Huntresses, Legions (played against 3 today), and Trappers?

    I play killer too and I don’t think it’s a boring M1 game. You are entitled to think that but kinda seems pointless to say when your presence still remains here. Like could you imagine telling your friends “Yeah I quit that boring game but I still frequent the forums to post things.”

    I would take it with a grain of salt at that point. Because obviously something keeps you coming back.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1055186#Comment_1055186

    @Talmeer

    Do if hillbilly is the only killer you see these days, why do I keep seeing Clowns, Huntresses, Legions (played against 3 today), and Trappers?

    I play killer too and I don’t think it’s a boring M1 game. You are entitled to think that but kinda seems pointless to say when your presence still remains here. Like could you imagine telling your friends “Yeah I quit that boring game but I still frequent the forums to post things.”

    I would take it with a grain of salt at that point. Because obviously something keeps you coming back.

    I mean with only killer: Killers who can be actual really strong and dominate matches were other killers would have not been aible to and are on top of that killers that really feel unique, because they are of their game mechanics.

    In dbd is not every killer on the same stage of the pyramid - not surprising by the mass of killers that exist in dbd.

    As we all know - some survivors hate it strongly to get challenged by them. While others enjoy it. I think both is right and for both should it give a place.

    And yes, I keep coming back. Checking for possible bugfixes, balance changes and maybe if dbd starts to walk in the right direction. Really necessary for me is just at the moment a bugfix, I wait for - as also said already before.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054778#Comment_1054778

    @DingDongs

    Clearly something still keeps you here. They will make money simply because even you are still talking about the game.

    I'm ONLY here in forum to wait for fix ALL the terrible problem and balance patch from updates and news

    Just me talking to this game doesn't make me want to touch my wallets at all. Heck, i didn't open DbD for 2 weeks now

  • @orums said:

    To be perfectly honest, once I started interacting with the facebook groups is when I noticed just how one sided the community is. I got kicked from three groups just for making memes that mocked survivors and their toxic habits. That really just confirmed for me that the community was survivor heavy and more toxic than described. I still have a picture that complied with the "no names in screenshots" rules that got denied because apparently there were names despite me blatantly cropping themnout. That's when I knew survivor mains ran the entire Dbd community.

    I had some good times but no where near enough to keep me playing the game. I got to rank 13 survivor in less than a day, another point of contention. I was winning match after match after match as a survivor with little to no perks. It's when it dawned on me that killers are truly at every disadvantage within the game. Looping came quick to me, pallets were abundant when I needed them, skill checks were mundane and nearly consistent. I knew that once I had some teachable perks under my belt that the game would be a cake walk. I had another "a-ha!" Moment when I had that thought. So many survivors able to blind me so long, narrowly escape a lunge, bring themselves up from a dying state, and any number of crazy abilities that did nothing but frustrate me as a killer. Survivors inherently, even without perks, can absolutely run the table on even a red rank killer.

    I could list for days why this is the abject truth, but instead I'll have survivor mains retort with any number of insults, challenges, and overall cognitive dissonance regarding their upper niche within the community. To those that feel the need to be toxic in the responses to this post, denying established fact.

    I'm just going to delete the game and wait until a week after ragnarok for the devs to finally balance what's broken.

    i quit the game ages ago because the math didnt add up between how long it took a killer to chase, hook and kill survivors, contra how fast it was for survivors to do gens.

    the ball was never on the killers side, it was never the killer, that dictated the game. it was directly unfair.


    Ive come back like a week ago and i see the game, at that point, hasnt changed. i will keep playing for a while now, though.

    probably untill i get too frustrated with the gen rush and loops as i was before.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054360#Comment_1054360

    They released these stats not that long ago, even disregarding all games where someone DC'd. They were posted right here on the forums. The kill rate was something like 60% even if you only count all games where all the survivors played until they escaped or died.

    If you counted the DC games that number would be astronomically more in favor of killers. Killers just like being able to walk in and 4k the majority of their games without effort.

    Since you like to preach stats a whole bunch and say the staffs are correct, Nurse is the weakest killer in the game, right? If you don't believe that then why? You believe the kill rates at 70+% so why not believe the nurse kill rates?

    If you're going to say because a lot of babies play nurse then ding ding ding! The amount of boosted survivors scattered across the board inflate kill rates heavily, the amount of time I only had a 2k at end game and then went to a 4k due to over altruistic survivors is unreal.

    Besides with the Ruin nerf I'm going to assume that the kill rates will have dropped.

  • @Hamtroll said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1054743#Comment_1054743

    Oh cmon, there's plenty of other easy mode killers to play other than nurse. I enjoy the salt from survivors most of the time. That's how you know you did well. When I get massacred playing survivor, it is very hard to hold my tongue and just say gg, but I usually do, even if it was more my team that killed me than the killer themselves.

    Nurse isn't easy mode. She's challenging and takes a lot of skill to even preform mediocre.

    Sure I could switch to Freddy again but as much as I love trap killers (including Hag but she's too easily countered by SWF) I like teleporting more. And his teleport never really vibed with me. If it worked on completed generators and was a more fluid ability I might have switched but they focused more on his traps so... :(

  • @TWiXT said:

    Background: I've always played and enjoyed DbD casually, but for the first 1000 hours I chose to take the more difficult role... Killer. Its funny how it took me so long from Novemeber 2016 to July 2019 to accrue that many hours in the Killer role (I had a job, and it was my priority until recently), at which point I decided to switch roles to survivor for the next 1000 hours.

    Within the time I've played as Killer, I've experienced:

    Literal Infinite loops, Pallet Vacuums, Inability to damage generators, DS available at any time once per match with no hook requirements, BT protecting both the unhooked and the Rescuer, Instant flashlights, Flashlights that could ensure a survivors escape no matter when they blind you during pickup, Instant heals, Guaranteed Hatch Stand-offs, SC Healing in less than 12 seconds, A veritable Plethora of exploits that allowed survivors to infinitely break the game against me, Pitch black outfits that made Claudette Literally invisible to the naked eye, Fog so thick that you couldn't even see survivors more than 16 meters away, countless sound design issues, and hex totem spawns so terrible that they could never be depended on.

    2018-2019 has seen some major changes regarding balance, and mostly in the Killers favor. They nerfed DS, BT, BL, SC, Healing mechanics in general, etc... Basically what I'm trying to say is that, up until recently, these past few years were a MUCH darker time to play killer, but despite that, I persevered through all of it!

    Is this a statement of my overall bad-ass-ness, or more of a testament to my masochism?

    It's neither...

    I, Like most , Love this game! I Have put up with endless Bullshit and bad design decisions to make it to where I am today as a Killer who has taken this unforgettable statement to heart:

    "If survivors never hold back on their advantages and builds... Why should you?"

    I follow a specific creed when I play this game (one you can find listed here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/58509/my-updated-unwritten-rules-list-for-playing-dbd#latest ), and it hasn't failed me.

    As for What The OP is saying/Complaining about, I feel you, but I can't respect your decision to just "give up" based on how the last patch has treated killers. One thing that most people seem to forget is that Killers are Players and not NPC's. We have a mind of our own, Strategies, or Tactics to ensure a win against you, and the only thing holding us back is the bizarre concept that you are players too and want to have fun as well. Once they nerfed Ruin, the last bastion of control Killers had to allow them to give survivors a "fun" time, the gloves came off. To Be honest, it's always been the fault of the survivors... They always played "gloves off" against killers, and the killers mostly entertained their efforts by being more sportsmanlike than they were. As of the last update however... It's been a NO MERCY BLOODBATH (Of which I predicted here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979907#Comment_979907 )!

    So, While I can Sympathize with the OP, I can't agree with them at all considering all the CRAP Killer Players have had to put up with in the past, and how much this game has evolved to make things more balanced in favor of killer players in the past year an a half. I honestly don't believe in their idea that "the devs being entirely survivor biased" is justified. This is just another Rough patch for killers, and its no where near as bad as we've had it in the past. If the OP wants to make a statement by crying out that they are quitting over it, then... good riddance.

    This game is already loaded with poor sports who DC on a whim, and this community could do with less of them, as well as less of people like the OP in my opinion.

    Legit I miss stacking 4 purple fog potions and then it is a trapper or hag

  • 90% of the community is toxic across the board (social media, forums, in game/post game)

    To many nerfs.

    Que times on ps4 are insane due to lack of killers.

    Awful balance.

    Seems like the devs care more about selling battle passes and cosmetics rather then devote more time on bug fixes.

  • Why did I quit DbD?

    Broken matchmaking for one. And the current break is not the first time it happened in 2019, either. Only this one has now carried into 2020.

    For two, a complete and utter lack of confidence in the DbD development team.

  • @Elvenmonk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1052882#Comment_1052882

    Legit I miss stacking 4 purple fog potions and then it is a trapper or hag

    I DON'T. Don't get me wrong, for Hag and Trapper that thicker fog was an amazing advantage, but for all other killers, it was a nightmare! I also don't miss survivors stacking 4 "New Moon Bouquet's" and picking the darkest cosmetics for Claudette. Tru3Talent illustrates that point vividly here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrnCDTcn_c4&

    Killer Players have had to put up with this kind of BS for so long, that the recent updates have been a breath of fresh air in comparison (yes, even the nerfs to Nurse and spirit)... mainly because of what the devs have done to balance things in the killers favor without going too far in the past year and a half. There have been a plethora of truly awful times in the past for this game, for both sides (mostly the killers though) wherein if a player complained by saying that they were gonna quit because of how unfair their role was, I literally couldn't blame them, nor would I try to dissuade them from their decision. Now however, this game is so much more balanced for both sides, and that makes the game much more enjoyable than it has ever been in the past. A bright future is ahead for this game... here's hoping that the devs stick to it and don't forsake us in a decision to move on to a new project.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1056094#Comment_1056094

    I DON'T. Don't get me wrong, for Hag and Trapper that thicker fog was an amazing advantage, but for all other killers, it was a nightmare! I also don't miss survivors stacking 4 "New Moon Bouquet's" and picking the darkest cosmetics for Claudette. Tru3Talent illustrates that point vividly here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrnCDTcn_c4&

    Killer Players have had to put up with this kind of BS for so long, that the recent updates have been a breath of fresh air in comparison (yes, even the nerfs to Nurse and spirit)... mainly because of what the devs have done to balance things in the killers favor without going too far in the past year and a half. There have been a plethora of truly awful times in the past for this game, for both sides (mostly the killers though) wherein if a player complained by saying that they were gonna quit because of how unfair their role was, I literally couldn't blame them, nor would I try to dissuade them from their decision. Now however, this game is so much more balanced for both sides, and that makes the game much more enjoyable than it has ever been in the past. A bright future is ahead for this game... here's hoping that the devs stick to it and don't forsake us in a decision to move on to a new project.

    I specifically said I liked when it screwed us


    New moons and dark skins I've never used

  • I quit DBD, because BHVR has changed the game too much to the survivors advantage.

    I am a survivor main and I miss the time when I feared the killer, but how they have nerfed the killer in general to a boring state the past 6 months is just a bad game design.


    Its bad if the killer stacks slow down perks to slow down the survivors, but it's ok for survivors to stack protection perks and items to slow down the killer?


    4 years of DBD has come to an end.

1 2 ›