Hillbilly Broken? Discussion/Question

I've been hearing alot of talk that Billy is broken or should be next for a nerf, I made this to see why people believe this.


I personally believe he is what every killer should be, strong but countable and if you disagree please try to say why and be open for a discussion.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I personally think only his add ons need touching.

  • Doesn't matter what you believe or feel is right. The live balance team loves cool downs and charge mechanics.

    For everyone that loves Billy there's someone who ######### hates him. Who do you think the Devs are going to listen to?

    Billy was always talked about along side Nurse as a top tier killer. Look what happened to Nurse and how ignored the feedback was. It's going to happen to Billy too.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    I personally think only his add ons need touching.

    I'd agree some are broken

  • Yeah I personally think he is totally fine balance wise. I can definitely see why his insta saw addons would need nerfing though, but his base kit is perfectly balanced at the moment.

    Of course, if the devs decide to somehow create a second objective with totems, or managed to rework most maps into a balanced state, he will be one of the few killers that will most likely need a small nerf.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Doesn't matter what you believe or feel is right. The live balance team loves cool downs and charge mechanics.

    For everyone that loves Billy there's someone who ######### hates him. Who do you think the Devs are going to listen to?

    Billy was always talked about along side Nurse as a top tier killer. Look what happened to Nurse and how ignored the feedback was. It's going to happen to Billy too.

    As much as I wish that wasn't true, the devs make me feel like they always side with the people that want killers nerfed or more fun for survivors recently.

  • He just needs bug fixes and an add-on rework. That’s it. Hopefully the devs won’t make the same mistake as they did with Nurse and “modernize” her basekit too when the changes were unnecessary.

  • @Trwth said:

    He just needs bug fixes and an add-on rework. That’s it. Hopefully the devs won’t make the same mistake as they did with Nurse and “modernize” her basekit too when the changes were unnecessary.

    I'd agree

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    I personally think only his add ons need touching.

    Dude, we've been through this before with the nurse. We all know they wont stop with just his add ons.


    The only thing I hate about Billy is how fast he recovers when he lets go of the chainsaw and his movement speed while revving said saw.

    1: Ive had a good lead on billys. They use their chainsaw sprint, they stop themselves close to me and catch me before I can get to a window. Maybe my routing sucks.

    2: Ive had billys rev their saw and I dont know if they built up blood lust but they were catching me revving the saw until they got right up on my ass.

  • I think the nerfs need to stop for now. They need to address the core issues of the game. Then make buffs and nerfs from there.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    I think the nerfs need to stop for now. They need to address the core issues of the game. Then make buffs and nerfs from there.

    Just make maps not have an insane amount of loops and I'd be a universal killer buff.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046833#Comment_1046833

    Dude, we've been through this before with the nurse. We all know they wont stop with just his add ons.

    The devs had no trouble attending to spirit or oni's add ons.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046873#Comment_1046873

    Just make maps not have an insane amount of loops and I'd be a universal killer buff.

    They need to fix maps, dedicated servers need lots of work, all the bugs need ironed out. Take a break from chapters for a chapter and do some hardcore game fixing. Bandaids only take you so far.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046876#Comment_1046876

    They need to fix maps, dedicated servers need lots of work, all the bugs need ironed out. Take a break from chapters for a chapter and do some hardcore game fixing. Bandaids only take you so far.

    I agree they need to cut back on chapters and fix their game. However they dont make money for fixing things. They do make money with DLC cause they can sell that to us -.-

    @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046872#Comment_1046872

    The devs had no trouble attending to spirit or oni's add ons.

    I have no faith in these devs and every patch further reminds me why. I don't trust them to properly rework Billy. Id rather they stop nerfing the good killers and buff the ######### out of the weaker ones.

  • I think he's fine.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046893#Comment_1046893

    I agree they need to cut back on chapters and fix their game. However they dont make money for fixing things. They do make money with DLC cause they can sell that to us -.-

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046878#Comment_1046878

    I have no faith in these devs and every patch further reminds me why. I don't trust them to properly rework Billy. Id rather they stop nerfing the good killers and buff the ######### out of the weaker ones.

    This is true but they make enough money off cosmetics and the battle pass to take a break from doing a chapter to iron out the game.

  • @Trwth said:

    He just needs bug fixes and an add-on rework. That’s it. Hopefully the devs won’t make the same mistake as they did with Nurse and “modernize” her basekit too when the changes were unnecessary.

    As someone who had 3 Phantom Saws in two games right now, I agree.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046864#Comment_1046864

    As someone who had 3 Phantom Saws in two games right now, I agree.

    It's the most infuriating thing, auto aim is also weird sometimes, you start hitting the meg crouched? Nope that tree is what you wanted. Or, I cant see the survivor and some how I flick to hit them.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046873#Comment_1046873

    Just make maps not have an insane amount of loops and I'd be a universal killer buff.

    Current Billy would be overkill at that point imo.

  • The only thing he needs is some plastic(digital?) surgery.

  • Only bad players think Billy is OP or broken in any way.

    Also, did this really need another thread to add to the other 100 from the same people?

    @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046833#Comment_1046833

    Dude, we've been through this before with the nurse. We all know they wont stop with just his add ons.

    The thing is, even the most die hard meat-alternative Fog Whisperers who white knight for them at every turn will ######### on them if they mess with Billy's base kit. I doubt they will touch his base kit, but we'll see.

  • His basekit is perfectly balanced, some of his addons could use some tweaks but nothing too crazy.

  • Billy and Myers are the two most balanced killers in the game at the moment, in my opinion.

  • No one's going to bring a logical argument as to why Billy needs a nerf, entitled survivors who couldn't counter him will bring up all the excuses in the book. His add-ons are balanced as is, his power gives him the ability to actually apply pressure, he can still be looped like any other killer, etc. He's like Freddy, he's powerful but balanced. There is literally nothing about him that's broken. Any killer with counter play doesn't need a nerf, plain and simple. I really hope the Devs ignore the demands for more killer nerfs. These boosted entitled survivors just need to learn how to loop instead of asking for nerfs. As a rank 1 survivor it's already easy enough to survive, I don't need it to be easier.

  • @arslaN said:

    His basekit is perfectly balanced, some of his addons could use some tweaks but nothing too crazy.

    Even then, the controversy around his addons makes no sense anymore. Back when Tinkerer sped up a killers ability, fair enough, but now? It's a non issue. Insta saw is gone, and Drift King Billy/Bumper Billy/Space Billy are literally memes that around really good for getting kills.

    I'd say make up Carb tuning guide from rare to Ultra Rare, Thompsons Moonshine from Very Rare to Ultra Rare, Primer Bulb from Uncommon to Rare, and Spark Plug from common to Uncommon. Then add a few more random ones to go from there.

  • He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

    He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    Except for the cool down that already exists, giving the survivor more than enough time to reach a loop, where it's ridiculously easy to force him to M1.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

    Amazing how it's only an issue now with ruin gone. Yep, gotta nerf one of the only killers that has gen pressure. Survivors need to be purged. Just get rid of the ones that refuse to learn.

    1/10 weak bait. Get better at the game.

  • Most broken killer in the game.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Most broken killer in the game.

    I rest my case.

  • @MiniPixels said:

    Billy and Myers are the two most balanced killers in the game at the moment, in my opinion.

    Lmao

    One who is stuck at 115% movement speed vs one who can zoom across the map as frequently as he wants at 230% speed

    One who has to waste time stalking survivors and delaying the chase to be granted instadowns for a very short duration vs someone who has unlimited instadowns from the very start of the trial

    How can they both be the most balanced when they aren’t even in the same league

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047096#Comment_1047096

    Lmao

    One who is stuck at 115% movement speed vs one who can zoom across the map as frequently as he wants at 230% speed

    One who has to waste time stalking survivors and delaying the chase to be granted instadowns for a very short duration vs someone who has unlimited instadowns from the very start of the trial

    How can they both be the most balanced when they aren’t even in the same league

    I mean, if I were you I'd be upset with Billy. Fortunately, a decent survivor can force a Billy to M1 at a loop. If you get caught out in the open and get chainsawed, you're just not a good survivor.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047210#Comment_1047210

    He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    Except for the cool down that already exists, giving the survivor more than enough time to reach a loop, where it's ridiculously easy to force him to M1.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

    Amazing how it's only an issue now with ruin gone. Yep, gotta nerf one of the only killers that has gen pressure. Survivors need to be purged. Just get rid of the ones that refuse to learn.

    1/10 weak bait. Get better at the game.

    Just because u dont like it, doesnt mean it's wrong.

    I'll keep my opinion. I'm tired of all those billy sweats that get another try instantly after i made them chainsaw into the wall.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047212#Comment_1047212

    Just because u dont like it, doesnt mean it's wrong.

    I'll keep my opinion. I'm tired of all those billy sweats that get another try instantly after i made them chainsaw into the wall.

    It is wrong, though. I can not like something and it still be wrong. Which you are, as well as any other survivor saying Billy is OP. It's not even a matter of opinion. It's fact. It's not their fault if you made them chainsaw a wall (another cooldown that already exists!) and weren't good enough to get to another loop. Stop camping pallets, learn to loop, and force them to M1. Overall, get better at the game, cause if you're having issues against Billy in a pallet loop, you have lots of work to do skill-wise.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047256#Comment_1047256

    It is wrong, though. I can not like something and it still be wrong. Which you are, as well as any other survivor saying Billy is OP. It's not even a matter of opinion. It's fact. It's not their fault if you made them chainsaw a wall (another cooldown that already exists!) and weren't good enough to get to another loop. Stop camping pallets, learn to loop, and force them to M1. Overall, get better at the game, cause if you're having issues against Billy in a pallet loop, you have lots of work to do skill-wise.

    I don't think you can call an opinion a fact. It is still an opinion at the end of the day.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047096#Comment_1047096

    Lmao

    One who is stuck at 115% movement speed vs one who can zoom across the map as frequently as he wants at 230% speed

    One who has to waste time stalking survivors and delaying the chase to be granted instadowns for a very short duration vs someone who has unlimited instadowns from the very start of the trial

    How can they both be the most balanced when they aren’t even in the same league

    Because billy has a high risk high reward play style, with Myers you earn you reward over time, where with billy you start with it but messing up with it punishes you hard. Just my opinion.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047263#Comment_1047263

    I don't think you can call an opinion a fact. It is still an opinion at the end of the day.

    I think when the majority agrees with me, and it's in terms of video game balance, yes, I can call it a fact. Which it is. Billy is perfectly balanced from his base kit, and anyone who says his base kit needs a nerf is bad at the game, and has no clue what asymmetrical balance is.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047288#Comment_1047288

    I think when the majority agrees with me, and it's in terms of video game balance, yes, I can call it a fact. Which it is.

    Do you have stats for that? If a majority of DbD players are relatively low ranked, it could be that a majority think he's too strong. What majority are you going off of here, because it probably isn't a majority of players.

  • @ad19970 said:

    Yeah I personally think he is totally fine balance wise. I can definitely see why his insta saw addons would need nerfing though, but his base kit is perfectly balanced at the moment.

    Of course, if the devs decide to somehow create a second objective with totems, or managed to rework most maps into a balanced state, he will be one of the few killers that will most likely need a small nerf.

    How can you see that his add ons need a nerf? Do you know how hard it is to get a flick? A good survivor can avoid the flick. His add ons are the only way he can beat a good swf unless you apply some other tactics like proxy camping and tunneling which is okay. There is no need to touch his add ons because survivors can get beat by mind games which are only possible mostly with his add ons

  • @grtf47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046855#Comment_1046855

    How can you see that his add ons need a nerf? Do you know how hard it is to get a flick? A good survivor can avoid the flick. His add one are the only way he can beat a good swf unless you apply some other tactics like proxy camping and tunneling which is okay. There is no need to touch his add ones because survivors can get beat by mind games which are only possible mostly with his add ons

    I main billy and double charge addons are bs lmao.

  • Yea me too but that charge time makes up for the speed. How is it bs?

  • Is it me, or is the influx of Billy threads coming from people that talk about other people mentioning other Billy threads? If these threads didn't pop up, Billy wouldn't be spoken about, at least not as often as now.

  • @grtf47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047318#Comment_1047318

    Yea me too but that charge time makes up for the speed. How is it bs?

    The game becomes so much easier. Chainsaws that weren't possible are now possible by a significant margin.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047288#Comment_1047288

    I think when the majority agrees with me, and it's in terms of video game balance, yes, I can call it a fact. Which it is.

    Just because u reply to everything in this thread doesnt make ur opinion the "majority"...

    Time will tell if the devs share ur opinion.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047302#Comment_1047302

    Just because u reply to everything in this thread doesnt make ur opinion the "majority"...

    Time will tell if the devs share ur opinion.

    Whether the devs share my opinion or not is irrelevant. The devs have done plenty of things they shouldn't have before. The devs doing something means nothing when they admittedly and blatantly balance for new (and bad) survivors. He'll likely get a nerf and a cooldown. That doesn't mean he needs one. Only bad players think he needs one.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047321#Comment_1047321

    The game becomes so much easier. Chainsaws that weren't possible are now possible by a significant margin.

    Yea that’s the point of running the add ons. With basic add ons, those juicy curves wouldn’t be possible but that’s the survivors fault for hugging the wall or loop. They can avoid the curve and it’s not impossible to beat a hillbilly running double engravings. Just because he can hit some curves doesn’t make the add ons bs but instead make him a threat and something survivors should be afraid of.

  • @MiniPixels said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047239#Comment_1047239

    Because billy has a high risk high reward play style, with Myers you earn you reward over time, where with billy you start with it but messing up with it punishes you hard. Just my opinion.

    That "punishes you hard" is the part I disagree with.

    Leatherface - yes, Hillbilly - No.

    LF has a lengthy cooldown and has to time his chainsaw carefully as it will slow him down. Billy has a minimal cooldown and isn't slowed down anywhere near as much as LF when charging.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047341#Comment_1047341

    Because it is an observable fact, as shown in other threads on these forums.

    Ase, just stop. You don't have what it takes.

    Observable in relations to the playerbase on the forums, not the playerbase as a whole. Not a majority of players, a majority of forum-goers (which is a minority of players).

    I am sorry you have been outsmarted this time. <3

  • @Rivyn yea I hope the devs don’t do some changes just because people mention threads made by other people about a killer like some majority rule thing.

  • I asked peanits (the dev) if billys baskekit will be changed or just his add ons and unfortunately he couldent answer the question so guess we will have to wait and find out

  • @xRem said:

    I've been hearing alot of talk that Billy is broken or should be next for a nerf, I made this to see why people believe this.

    I personally believe he is what every killer should be, strong but countable and if you disagree please try to say why and be open for a discussion.

    Killers will say he’s balanced. Survivors will say he’s not. He’s too quick and can put too much map pressure too quickly. That and with doors spawning Next to each other, he’s not beatable at end game. He is loopable, but that’s at higher ranks. At ranks 12-20, he’s an easy 4K.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047357#Comment_1047357

    Observable in relations to the playerbase on the forums, not the playerbase as a whole. Not a majority of players, a majority of forum-goers (which is a minority of players).

    I am sorry you have been outsmarted this time. <3

    You forgot to put "KEK" at the end of your post. Apparently that magic word validates your points and means you win the argument.

‹ 1 2 3