Hillbilly Broken? Discussion/Question

I've been hearing alot of talk that Billy is broken or should be next for a nerf, I made this to see why people believe this.


I personally believe he is what every killer should be, strong but countable and if you disagree please try to say why and be open for a discussion.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    Only bad players think Billy is OP or broken in any way.

    Also, did this really need another thread to add to the other 100 from the same people?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046872#Comment_1046872

    The thing is, even the most die hard meat-alternative Fog Whisperers who white knight for them at every turn will ######### on them if they mess with Billy's base kit. I doubt they will touch his base kit, but we'll see.

    Lol

  • Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, there's no need to attack other users over a different opinion, thank you.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047239#Comment_1047239

    I mean, if I were you I'd be upset with Billy. Fortunately, a decent survivor can force a Billy to M1 at a loop. If you get caught out in the open and get chainsawed, you're just not a good survivor.

    Can you upload some footage doing this with an evenly ranked billy? You always have so much to say about everyone else being wrong, so prove it.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047246#Comment_1047246

    Can you upload some footage doing this with an evenly ranked billy? You always have so much to say about everyone else being wrong, so prove it.

    There's plenty of streamers out there; and "evenly ranked" should mean nothing. The entire rhetoric of you guys is that Billy "is broken and has no downsides", meaning that if he has no downsides, anyone could use him and do well. Make up your mind, lol

    ALSO - to those saying "he needs a cooldown":

    Hillbilly's chainsaw takes 2.5 seconds to charge without addons. He has a cooldown after his chainsaw of 3 seconds after missing a chainsaw. During that cooldown, he moves slower, and can't do anything but move (again, slower). He can't hit, chainsaw, pick up or destruct. He can only move (again x2, slower than his base speed). While Billy is backreving, which is usually when he's trying to chainsaw you at a loop, he loses 1m/s of movement speed, making him stupid easy to loop/force him to M1.

    😎

  • I don't see problem with hillbilly its fun to play against him, better than spirit, forever freddy or legion - BORING!

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047085#Comment_1047085

    Even then, the controversy around his addons makes no sense anymore. Back when Tinkerer sped up a killers ability, fair enough, but now? It's a non issue. Insta saw is gone, and Drift King Billy/Bumper Billy/Space Billy are literally memes that around really good for getting kills.

    I'd say make up Carb tuning guide from rare to Ultra Rare, Thompsons Moonshine from Very Rare to Ultra Rare, Primer Bulb from Uncommon to Rare, and Spark Plug from common to Uncommon. Then add a few more random ones to go from there.

    Insta chainsaw addons are still really powerful when stacked imo but aren't really OP. Just increasing the rarity would be enough.

    I think the steering addons are too powerful when stacked and remove the skill required to play him. I would suggest making them non stackable at least but I don't think the devs would do that.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125488/hillbilly-broken-discussion-question

    Killers will say he’s balanced. Survivors will say he’s not. He’s too quick and can put too much map pressure too quickly. That and with doors spawning Next to each other, he’s not beatable at end game. He is loopable, but that’s at higher ranks. At ranks 12-20, he’s an easy 4K.

    Any decent killer player will 4k at ranks 12-20.

  • This.

    Hell, if you're a rank 12-20 killer and you're facing rank 12-20 survivors, you don't even have to be decent. Using those ranks as a point of reference is silly. It's telling, though. Shows where their point of view is coming from. No disrespect of course. It's okay to be low rank.

  • And that’s the issue. Thank you.

  • Any killer player can 4k at those ranks with any killer. Does that mean all the killers are OP? I think you should debate instead of trying to end it on an out of context statement. :)

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

    I hope you're being ironic...

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

    He has cooldowns and recharges.

    Hillbilly's chainsaw takes 2.5 seconds to charge without addons. He has a cooldown after his chainsaw of 3 seconds after missing a chainsaw. During that cooldown, he moves slower, and can't do anything but move (again, slower). He can't hit, chainsaw, pick up or destruct. He can only move (again x2, slower than his base speed). While Billy is backreving, which is usually when he's trying to chainsaw you at a loop, he loses 1m/s of movement speed, making him stupid easy to loop/force him to M1.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047545#Comment_1047545

    This.

    Hell, if you're a rank 12-20 killer and you're facing rank 12-20 survivors, you don't even have to be decent. Using those ranks as a point of reference is silly. It's telling, though. Shows where their point of view is coming from. No disrespect of course. It's okay to be low rank.

    And yet if you look at reddit for example its all rank 10s complaining non-stop about how hard the game is, how survivor biased the devs are and how all the killers need mega buffs.

    They sound a lot like the people here actually. I’ve seen the same arguments made too lol

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047571#Comment_1047571

    And yet if you look at reddit for example its all rank 10s complaining non-stop about how hard the game is, how survivor biased the devs are and how all the killers need mega buffs.

    They sound a lot like the people here actually. I’ve seen the same arguments made too lol

    That's because they all relied on ruin. Most people in those ranks needed ruin. That's why the meme was created that BHVR only cares about new survivor fun. Not new players.

    Combine that with the matchmaking putting them up against red rank players constantly, and it all makes sense why they complain; and the devs are survivor biased. Everything changed in the patch was done for the specific purpose of "survivor fun".

  • That is the issue, players tend to be lesser skilled in those ranks they're not decent. However if a killer is they will win against players lesser skilled, if you see this as an issue you should be a dev.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047618#Comment_1047618

    That's because they all relied on ruin. Most people in those ranks needed ruin. That's why the meme was created that BHVR only cares about new survivor fun. Not new players.

    Combine that with the matchmaking putting them up against red rank players constantly, and it all makes sense why they complain.

    But thats the same argument here. How many posts in the past week about how the game is ruined due to the Ruin change? Or how people are quitting the game because of it?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047626#Comment_1047626

    But thats the same argument here. How many posts in the past week about how the game is ruined due to the Ruin change? Or how people are quitting the game because of it?

    No decent killer was mad because ruin got changed. They were mad because it was changed at the wrong time. Maps needed to be balanced before ruin was changed. And people are quitting. This is why there's not a ton of red rank killers.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    He needs a power gauge/recharge just like nurse.

    Right now there is basically no punishment for failing a chainsaw attempt.

    A recharge system would balance his power and mobility.

    I've read through the whole debate or insults about this, while making no point as to why it's a bad idea has no use, it does sound stupid to me personally as he has a cooldown, if a hillbilly makes a mistake and then downs you soon after, this sounds like you made a bigger or similar in scale mistake as the hillbilly. He has a cooldown and punishment for messing up in his base kit.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046873#Comment_1046873

    Just make maps not have an insane amount of loops and I'd be a universal killer buff.

    I would argue it's not the amount of loops, but their safety. In my opinion, they could even increase the amount of pallets that spawn on a map if those pallets are almost all mindgameable.

  • He's really easy to counter.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046876#Comment_1046876

    I would argue it's not the amount of loops, but their safety. In my opinion, they could even increase the amount of pallets that spawn on a map if those pallets are almost all mindgameable.

    Quantity over quality, I wouldn't mind either but they shouldn't spawn extremely close together.

  • @NullEXE said:

    He's really easy to counter.

    Depends on his skill and the map.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047096#Comment_1047096

    Lmao

    One who is stuck at 115% movement speed vs one who can zoom across the map as frequently as he wants at 230% speed

    One who has to waste time stalking survivors and delaying the chase to be granted instadowns for a very short duration vs someone who has unlimited instadowns from the very start of the trial

    How can they both be the most balanced when they aren’t even in the same league

    @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047239#Comment_1047239

    I mean, if I were you I'd be upset with Billy. Fortunately, a decent survivor can force a Billy to M1 at a loop. If you get caught out in the open and get chainsawed, you're just not a good survivor.

    Clicky sounds like the kind of survivor that holds down W the whole chase, and then gets mad that their team didn't take the hit for them.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047210#Comment_1047210

    I've read through the whole debate or insults about this, while making no point as to why it's a bad idea has no use, it does sound stupid to me personally as he has a cooldown, if a hillbilly makes a mistake and then downs you soon after, this sounds like you made a bigger or similar in scale mistake as the hillbilly. He has a cooldown and punishment for messing up in his base kit.

    Just bring bumper addons and ur fine to chainsaw into every obstacle.

    Most killers have to wait or perform for their power to have an impact. Hillbilly can run arund like a drunk monkey and dont give a damn.

  • This content has been removed.
  • You can force him to m1 in almost all loops. It's not only the killer's job to know about maps, and loops. It's also the survivors. Survivors know not to be out in the open too long against a billy, and adjust to counter him.

    That's skill from both sides, and from most the billy's I've faced he's very easy to counter when you force him to loop. Even on a map like Rotten Fields.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047638#Comment_1047638

    Just bring bumper addons and ur fine to chainsaw into every obstacle.

    Most killers have to wait or perform for their power to have an impact. Hillbilly can run arund like a drunk monkey and dont give a damn.

    Before I assume what your implying, please clarify, do you mean that he can chainsaw with no penalty or that he doesn't have to wait? Either way I said base kit, is huntress broken because all you need is iri head and your good?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047659#Comment_1047659

    You can force him to m1 in almost all loops. It's not only the killer's job to know about maps, and loops. It's also the survivors. Survivors know not to be out in the open too long against a billy, and adjust to counter him.

    That's skill from both sides, and from most the billy's I've faced he's very easy to counter when you force him to loop. Even on a map like Rotten Fields.

    I tend to bait forced m1s, or simply not take the hit and force down the pallet in the loop by getting bloodlust or revving and curving and at less safe pallets I'll take m1s if it is a faster option.

  • @I_Am_Become_Death said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047662#Comment_1047662

    Yes, cause killbilly players everywhere use bumper addons...oh wait. They don't. Like, almost never.

    A killers power is considered to be a power.

    They have to wait/perform for it. Hillbilly can run around and spam his power. Even in his base kit.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047685#Comment_1047685

    A killers power is considered to be a power.

    They have to wait/perform for it. Hillbilly can run around and spam his power. Even in his base kit.

    "He can run around and spam his power"

    HE HAS A CHARGE TIME OF 2.5 SECONDS AND A 3 SECOND COOLDOWN.

    🤣

    @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047673#Comment_1047673

    I tend to bait forced m1s, or simply not take the hit and force down the pallet in the loop by getting bloodlust or revving and curving and at less safe pallets I'll take m1s if it is a faster option.

    That's called a mind game, and that is an equal ground of skill between survivor and killer. If the survivor goes down in that instance, they got out played and deserved it.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047641#Comment_1047641

    Quantity over quality, I wouldn't mind either but they shouldn't spawn extremely close together.

    I personally think it's just important for killers to have counterplay at loops. If the devs just decrease the number of pallets, the gameplay might evolve too much into killers just trying to break all pallets until survivors have no defence other than windows anymore. I don't even mind two pallets like 3 meters next to each other, as long as the pallets remain mindgameable, so the killer has counterplay.

    In fact, I wouldn't mind some kind of double pallet structures, if these structures were still mindgameable. Hell certain loops or structures can have as many pallets close to each other as the devs want to, as long as the killer has some form of counterplay. Structures with multiple pallets that are rather safe until you break one of the pallets could also be interesting. It would make for some interesting, new loops in my opinion. But I don't know if these kind of loops or structures would even be possible, but I could definitely imagine that. I feel like Hawkins has pallets that alone are pretty bad for survivors, but chained together with a nearby pallet can make for some interesting loops, though chaining two pallets together is rather rare.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047685#Comment_1047685

    A killers power is considered to be a power.

    They have to wait/perform for it. Hillbilly can run around and spam his power. Even in his base kit.

    "Spam his power" are survivors spamming pallets? Spamming windows?

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047673#Comment_1047673

    I tend to bait forced m1s, or simply not take the hit and force down the pallet in the loop by getting bloodlust or revving and curving and at less safe pallets I'll take m1s if it is a faster option.

    Here's the trick for Billy. Which I'm sure some have done to you. You force him to have to use m1 to hit you around a loop, keeping the pallet up as long as possible. Then when you finally drop the pallet. You can stay there and keep looping till he actually m1's you. Then with the speed burst and probably dead hard, you can reach the next loop no problem by the time billy recovers from the hit and tries to charge his chainsaw.

    I mean that's what I do. If can get through at least 2 loop locations against any Killer than I did more than what's expected of me as a survivor, that's much longer than a 20 second chase.

    Again it's all about the skill of both the survivor and the killer. Just survivors have many tools that make them immune against any killer.

    EDIT: That scenario was also me thinking with Rotten Fields in mind. Obviously smaller maps, and maps with more corners/obstacles it becomes immensely easier to loop Billy and turn him into an m1 killer.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @grtf47 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046855#Comment_1046855

    How can you see that his add ons need a nerf? Do you know how hard it is to get a flick? A good survivor can avoid the flick. His add one are the only way he can beat a good swf unless you apply some other tactics like proxy camping and tunneling which is okay. There is no need to touch his add ones because survivors can get beat by mind games which are only possible mostly with his add ons

    By flick you mean curving? Because I feel like that's still possible even without the charge addons. I just feel like those at the very least can be a bit too good. Insta saw gives survivors very little time to react to his chainsaw, so I would say they could get a bit of a nerf. His basekit should stay the way it is now, though.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047316#Comment_1047316

    By flick you mean curving? Because I feel like that's still possible even without the charge addons. I just feel like those at the very least can be a bit too good. Insta saw gives survivors very little time to react to his chainsaw, so I would say they could get a bit of a nerf. His basekit should stay the way it is now, though.

    Instasaw doesn't exist anymore. It hasn't for over a year since Tinkerer was reworked.

  • @I_Am_Become_Death said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047692#Comment_1047692

    he has a charge time and cooldown though...

    this has been mentioned multiple times...are you simply choosing to ignore this?

    Yes cause it is not enough in comparison to the other killers. Devs seem to have a plan regarding a killer's power. Time will tell if im just ignorant or if i have a point.

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047689#Comment_1047689

    Here's the trick for Billy. Which I'm sure some have done to you. You force him to have to use m1 to hit you around a loop, keeping the pallet up as long as possible. Then when you finally drop the pallet. You can stay there and keep looping till he actually m1's you. Then with the speed burst and probably dead hard, you can reach the next loop no problem by the time billy recovers from the hit and tries to charge his chainsaw.

    I mean that's what I do. If can get through at least 2 loop locations against any Killer than I did more than what's expected of me as a survivor, that's much longer than a 20 second chase.

    Again it's all about the skill of both the survivor and the killer. Just survivors have many tools that make them immune against any killer.

    Very fair and solid point, what I was referring to is not m1ing and forcing the pallet down asap and repeat at very safe pallets.

  • @I_Am_Become_Death said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047721#Comment_1047721

    apparently its easier just to nerf him instead of easily learning to beat him

    I'm not kidding getting rank 1 survivor is easy, and I was surprised at every nerf in the recent months. Nurse, Spirit, Freddy, were all easily countered. Now it's just even more child's play.

    Now people are talking about Billy, before any Killer like Hag, Myer's, Ghostface, or Doctor. Puh-leez.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047712#Comment_1047712

    Yes cause it is not enough in comparison to the other killers. Devs seem to have a plan regarding a killer's power. Time will tell if im just ignorant or if i have a point.

    Really? Nurse has 2.5 seconds (or something like that) per blink. Billy has 2.5 seconds of charge, and 3 seconds of cooldown. 5.5 seconds in total of nothing in order to use their power. I don't see how that "isn't enough".

    You really just need to get better at survivor and learn to outplay it if this isn't enough for you.

  • I'd say billy is perfectly balanced his insta saws are a little annoying but not even his best build if your good with him but he also has a lot of useless add ons, but I wouldnt be remiss if his insta saw add ons did get toned down.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047739#Comment_1047739

    Really? Nurse has 2.5 seconds (or something like that) per blink. Billy has 2.5 seconds of charge, and 3 seconds of cooldown. 5.5 seconds in total of nothing in order to use their power. I don't see how that "isn't enough".

    You really just need to get better at survivor and learn to outplay it if this isn't enough for you.

    A chainsaw charge can last forever and let you run around the map several times, if wanted. U still dont see the difference to 1 blink?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047096#Comment_1047096

    Lmao

    One who is stuck at 115% movement speed vs one who can zoom across the map as frequently as he wants at 230% speed

    One who has to waste time stalking survivors and delaying the chase to be granted instadowns for a very short duration vs someone who has unlimited instadowns from the very start of the trial

    How can they both be the most balanced when they aren’t even in the same league

    Myers is pretty weak in comparison to billy

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047712#Comment_1047712

    Yes cause it is not enough in comparison to the other killers. Devs seem to have a plan regarding a killer's power. Time will tell if im just ignorant or if i have a point.

    If they nerf Billy I'm quitting, he can be beat and is accepted to be fun to play as and against by most. You have given addons for an example, in his base kit there is a wait for his power, 2.5 seconds and a cooldown on it, he is also slowed while revving. The fact is that there are things so he can not spam his power as you are implying.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047731#Comment_1047731

    Instasaw doesn't exist anymore. It hasn't for over a year since Tinkerer was reworked.

    Well whatever people call insta saw now. The two best charge addons of Billy stacked. I'm not going to argue over definitions now though, there's no reason to do that.

  • @Infinity_Bored said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047749#Comment_1047749

    A chainsaw charge can last forever and let you run around the map several times, if wanted. U still dont see the difference to 1 blink?

    It can last forever, and has a huge tell. You have to be really bad, or really out of position to get caught by a cross map chainsaw. Both of those situations are your fault as a survivor. Again, learn to play, hone your skills, get better.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Base Billy is perfectly balanced imo but his insta saw add ons gotta go. That is all.

    Instasaw doesn't exist anymore.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047736#Comment_1047736

    Well whatever people call insta saw now. The two best charge addons of Billy stacked. I'm not going to argue over definitions now though, there's no reason to do that.

    They don't need to be removed. What people "call" instasaw is not instasaw. It shortens the charge time to 1.5 seconds, and is still easily dodged. Unless you're right in front of the Hillbilly, literally touching them, then you were screwed whether he had those addons or not.

    This is just a case of players not wanting to adapt. These are the same people who told killers to adapt when ruin was nerfed.

1 2 3