Last dev stream proved DBD is on its last legs

Since DBD is on its last legs I'm gonna download it again and use all the op add on's ad mori's. I'm sorry new players on the free week end(dumb idea bhvr) but enjoy the insta hatchets and other unfun tactics. Also this matchmaking is something else its like DBD's form of the 6th circle of hell from Dante's Inferno.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027359#Comment_1027359

    They actually did say they didn't want slow down perks to have as much synergy. On top of that, the suggestion was "run ruin, with pop as an insurance policy". Like...what do survivors have to run with borrowed time and DS for their insurance policy? By suggesting that we even NEED other perks as an insurance policy, they're outright admitting that Ruin is garbage now.

    Survivors run unbreakable as their insurance policy for DS, since the main counter is to slug them.

  • @Arbmos1998 said:

    What i find ironic is they started off the stream with the Samination "Hex Ruined" animation. Do they realise that the entire video is basically mocking them for their decisions?

    Did you miss the part where the trapper said the perk was basically pointless since it didn't hurt good survivors and was usually broken within the first minute?

  • @Xerge said:

    I'm pretty much done with the game for now, I used to main survivor, but the game has become so unfair that I don't feel like playing anymore, I feel like me and my team have way too many second chances. Escaping doesn't feel challenging or rewarding anymore and playing survivor feels more like grinding/farming for bloodpoints and messing around with the killer. I wonder if that's what playing survivor is about now? Grinding for the rift? Because it sure feels like that, but I don't care about unlocking anything right now.

    I will still play killer, just not as often as I used to.


    same trend is starting to reveal itself here, just not at warp speed like BL3. What's the point of trying to play killer if you can't prevent the matches from being over by the time you get 3 chases? everything out of their mouths is to the effect of "make things more challenging for the killer" and "more fun for survivor".

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027364#Comment_1027364

    Survivors run unbreakable as their insurance policy for DS, since the main counter is to slug them.

    As I said, Unbreakable is not required to make DS useful. At red ranks, ruin needs something else to even be remotely useful, and even then, it's trash tier.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1029170#Comment_1029170

    No. It doesn't. You don't need unbreakable for DS to be useful at any given rank.

    And you don't *need* surveillance for ruin to be useful, nor vice versa.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1029455#Comment_1029455

    As I said, Unbreakable is not required to make DS useful. At red ranks, ruin needs something else to even be remotely useful, and even then, it's trash tier.

    No, you don't. Ruin is insidious and very powerful if ignored. You as the killer just need to push the survivors off of the gen for it to work.

    DS does literally nothing if you don't tunnel off the hook. BT and DS are both 100% avoidable if you don't play like a jerk. I never get hit with either of them. They're completely wasted perks. The only reason they're "meta" is because most killers are toxic jerks... And only toxic jerks complain about them.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1029479#Comment_1029479

    No, you don't. Ruin is insidious and very powerful if ignored. You as the killer just need to push the survivors off of the gen for it to work.

    DS does literally nothing if you don't tunnel off the hook. BT and DS are both 100% avoidable if you don't play like a jerk. I never get hit with either of them. They're completely wasted perks. The only reason they're "meta" is because most killers are toxic jerks... And only toxic jerks complain about them.

    "Ruin is insidious...until it gives the notification that it exists"

    You must work for BHVR. And/or never play killer.

    Also, there are situations where DS can not be avoided.

  • I think people read too much into it.

    If they're making the slowdown perks to have less synergy with one another it doesnt have to neccesarily mean they are gutting the perks.

    They could make Pop have tokens, and have it reset a generator by 50% of it's current progress if they wanted, but wont work on gens already regressing etc.

    Is this foreseeable? Possibly. It would definitely be it's own insurance and not synergize with other slowdown perks

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1029490#Comment_1029490

    "Ruin is insidious...until it gives the notification that it exists"

    You must work for BHVR. And/or never play killer.

    Also, there are situations where DS can not be avoided.

    I mean it's not out of character for you to have double standards, so this reply doesn't surprise me.

  • @MrPeterPFL said:

    So the question was “Will other slow down perks see change as well?”

    He responded roughly “If you have a build full of slow down perks the game will become stale as survivors will be holding m1 for a really long time, imagine having Old Ruin, Dying Light, Thana & Pop together, gen progression will be painfully slow. Over time they want to make these perks less “obnoxious” TOGETHER, but still make each individual perk great”

    To clarify, they never said they wanted to nerf slow down perks, they don’t want each slow perk to synergize together, that’s why Ruin no longer works with Pop etc.

    I think that's the point the others in the thread are getting at: they aren't touching survivor repair speed perk and item synergy, and there are WAY more of those to the point that one loan survivor can pop a gen solo in about 50 seconds. It's not ok to say the killer perks work too well together, and say nothing of that nonsense. It isn't balanced. There's a reason lobbies are so messed up. I don't play often, so my rank usually rests around 8 - 12. Last night, all my lobbies for 4 hours were nothing but ranks 4 - 7. That's not ok.

    No new killers want to touch that, and new survivors are instantly being taught bad behavior and toxic tactics. I had a small-time streamer message me after I got an all rank 4 swf team on the new lerys calling me trash because I DC'ed after two minutes because three gens were already done and I couldn't find more than two people because the dedicated looper was acting as a spotter as well. They ran nothing. It pallets and jumps, and since there's no work arounds, you either have to follow them through the slow vault's, or walk all the way around big sections and risk losing them.

    To that end, this susposed 'rebalance' of pallets is ridiculous. 7 palates in a row in less then a minute. I normally just go around them, but even on maps like the new Yamamoto map, it's just a pallet train. And wiggle time seems to have been quietly adjusted, as well, oddly in favor of the Killers.

    I will say that I was surprised by the new ruin not being as useless as I thought it would, but it really only kicks in of you can find them.

    Now I see why Friday the 13th is picking lobbies back up again.

  • @sorrowen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027192#Comment_1027192

    They wanna nerf pop,thana and some others as they are "obnoxious" when used together

    And apparently, DH, DS, By, Adre were said to be fine..... And one of them even mentioned ruin lasting the whole game.

    Good lord, they play against rank 20s or something.

  • Is it really free weekend? Oh boi. Nvm putting this away - INSIDIOUS EBONY MORI NOED BLOOD WARDEN CLOWN LETS GO

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027442#Comment_1027442

    The only way to break up the meta is to nerf or delete current meta perks, or make other perks stronger and easier to use (MOM) then current perks.

    Oh I don't disagree, except the part about deleting. I think a lot of survivor perks are too strong, especially when stacked perks synergize well with each other AND with teammates. I think the same is true for killer perks and how some combos are just way strong. I'd rather have gameplay that doesn't rely on perks and combos of perks, but that's another discussion.

  • Damn. Is this game on it's last legs again?

  • Honestly, not trying to read all your whining. Generator perks should go the way the devs are looking at. They should not stack, just like exhaustion perks don't. Both sides feel better when both of those do not stack. Maybe don't take a video game so seriously.

  • @sorrowen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027192#Comment_1027192

    They wanna nerf pop,thana and some others as they are "obnoxious" when used together

    Wow, no way. Note how those two are both killer perks, we're literally going to have nothing to try and slow games down if they ruin those two perks as well

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    Question "Are you looking to improve some of the weaker perks"

    Answer "Yes, I have a list here"

    Small game

    Cruel Limits

    Any means necessary

    Slippery Meat

    Vigil

    This is not happening

    Technician

    How many survivor perks and how many killer perks were on his list?

    Yes, there is a Survivor bias.

    They better not ever touch spine chill otherwise I'm throwings hands lmao

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027196#Comment_1027196

    They seem pretty dead-set on nerfing anything Killers do to slow gen speed. The new Ruin already conflicts with Pop, Overcharge, and Surge.

    That's what I noticed when playing. We can't use anything that affects generators, for one, we can't even kick gens anymore until ruin is gone, so we are also already missing out on points thanks to that.

  • @SanityNight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027419#Comment_1027419

    They better not ever touch spine chill otherwise I'm throwings hands lmao

    If they nerf SpineChill in any way I’ll never play survivor again. No need to throw hands, no need to complain, I’ll just go try out Monster Hunter or purchase all of the Witcher games since I haven’t played them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wow! Dbd is gonna die? Again? Wait, nothing's changed at all. Probably because everyone here is making it a bigger deal than it really is.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/089/3YF2XCDE3GEI.png

    Free weekend so those numbers aren't 100% accurate atm.

    Not saying your wrong but the numbers are currently inaccurate due to people effectively demoing DBD atm increasing the numbers.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1030826#Comment_1030826

    Free weekend so those numbers aren't 100% accurate atm.

    Not saying your wrong but the numbers are currently inaccurate due to people effectively demoing DBD atm increasing the numbers.

    Man that will be one long weekend.

  • Given that before the free weekend it was more or less neutral player average(~1% or less gain from what I saw) so yes it does have an effect.

    Sarcasm doesn't work when something does in fact effect numbers to a notable(If small) amount.

  • Can you people just hurry up and quit already?

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027196#Comment_1027196

    They did not say nerf, they said look into so 4 slowdown perks is not a meta build.

    Which translates to nerf. when UR+STBFL stacked, it was nerfed when they removed the synergy, as neither perk became worth running. They're insistent on gutting killers because they surround themselves with Yes Men

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027201#Comment_1027201

    They didn't say that verbatim, but they did outright say they want gen slowdown perks to have a lot less synergy.

    Then they turn around and say "Ruin is great! Use surveilance! To which I say "Okay, tell me what perk survivors have to accompany DS, Borrowed Time or an exhaustion perk with to make it worthwhile? It's 1v4. The killer shouldn't have to stack perks to accomplish one function.

    Quick and quite (and iron will) is kinda must have for head on plays during a chase

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027279#Comment_1027279

    "gen slowdown perks to have less synergy.. "

    it's getting ######### pathetic at this point, what are killers supposed to do? seriously. You delete Ruin so people use Pop & Corrupt/Surge etc.. but now that's being targeted.. if they start touching Pop and Corrupt i legit give up

    i uninstalled borderlands 3 after the first month because every interesting gun/grenade i found got nerfed into oblivion and it kept happening over and over again, so it's like what's the point of "looter/shooter" if the loot is irrelevant a week after you get it?

    same trend is starting to reveal itself here, just not at warp speed like BL3. What's the point of trying to play killer if you can't prevent the matches from being over by the time you get 3 chases? everything out of their mouths is to the effect of "make things more challenging for the killer" and "more fun for survivor".. it's getting ridiculous

    What are killers supposed to do? They're supposed to get better. This is the friendliest way they can tell the majority of the killer playerbase that they're ######### without looking rude. Stacking slowdown perks have been a problem for a while now and it's about time they're going away. I'd assume they'll change perks like pop, thana, etc when they also change toolboxes since they said they were looking into those too. Just get better, no killer NEEDS slowdown perks. Killer is braindead if you have 2 brain cells at the least.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027292#Comment_1027292

    You know whats also not fun? Survivors stacking 16 2nd chance perks. Some of which can be used multiple times per trial (looking at you Dead Hard, and Borrowed Time). But we don't see the devs care a wet fart about them, because its only the killer having to deal with that bullshit.

    I agree that DS is a second chance perk but BT is not. If you hit someone with BT you were in close proximity either camping or proxying hook. For the hooked survivor BT is the only chance perk.

  • OP with the sky is falling post. Please stop projecting your own wishes and feelings into the game. DBD is not dead, not even close.

  • it is, they said "we will probably reduce the effectiveness of using them together but we still want them to be strong individually" sorta like how new crap ruin doesn't work with pop because you can't kick gens

  • @feechima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027491#Comment_1027491

    I agree that DS is a second chance perk but BT is not. If you hit someone with BT you were in close proximity either camping or proxying hook. For the hooked survivor BT is the only chance perk.

    I don't think you know how much survivors can abuse BT. Its 100% a second chance perk.

  • this will become a war

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027207#Comment_1027207

    He can't because it didn't happen.

    They just simply said they like this ruin since you can't combine it with pop because 4 slow down perks aren't fun for anyone and that future slow down perks would be designed with this in mind.

    @Fibijean I know you posted something along the line of hey wanted less gen slowdown perks, but I can't recall where so I was hoping you would clarify the issue for people.

  • @toxic_clown said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123475/last-dev-stream-proved-dbd-is-on-its-last-legs

    ######### are you talking about. what was so bad about the stream? i enjoyed it tbh.

    honestly made me feel a liiiittle bit better about everything.

    take a xan and chill out lmao

    Needing a xan to recover from a dev team that is at this point all but come out and admitted to being biased to one role over the other, is not a solution.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027292#Comment_1027292

    @Fibijean I know you posted something along the line of hey wanted less gen slowdown perks, but I can't recall where so I was hoping you would clarify the issue for people.

    Oh yeah, sure thing. What they said was that they want to make slowdown perks less obnoxious when run together, but still useful individually. That was one of the things they were trying to do with changing Ruin so that it didn't synergise with perks like PGTW. So you could arguably interpret that removed synergy as an overall nerf, but it doesn't necessarily mean that all those perks will be made less powerful individually, and they may end up having heightened synergy with different perks, so it might not be a nerf at all. The devs on stream said nothing about making perks like PGTW, Thanatophobia, Dying Light, etc. less powerful, or "nerfing" them, they just don't want them to be as useful in combination with one another as they are now.

    Here are some quotes from my summary post on the stream (bear in mind that these are my words, not theirs, but I believe them to be an accurate representation of what was said):

    Having a lot of slowdown perks stacked together can be a problem, because it keeps survivors holding M1 on generators for so long that the gameplay starts to feel stale. Old Ruin, Pop Goes The Weasel, Dying Light and Thanatophobia is an example of one such build which makes generator progress feel “painfully slow”. So the goal over time is to make generator slowdown perks less “obnoxious” when run together, but still useful individually. The fact that the new Ruin doesn’t synergise with Pop Goes The Weasel is one example of this, and was a conscious design choice made for that reason. Running the two together is now more of an insurance policy than an effective combination.

    Here is where this was discussed in the stream if you want to see it for yourself: https://youtu.be/3Aoe1H282oY?t=1650

    It’s not impossible [that they will introduce more generator slowdown perks in the future], but if it does happen, the design team will have to be very careful about how any new perks they introduce interact with existing ones. They don’t want slowdown builds, with sets of four perks that all slow generator progression, to be meta anymore. One example of this initiative in action is the intentional removal of synergy between Pop Goes The Weasel and the new version of Ruin. Ideally, they would like to encourage more different and varied loadouts, and not have killer loadouts always be focused solely on slowing generator repairs.

    Here is where this was discussed in the stream: https://youtu.be/3Aoe1H282oY?t=2556

    And here's a link to my full summary post if anyone wants to read it instead of watching the entire stream: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123532/i-watched-the-dev-stream-so-you-dont-have-to-once-again/p1

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033681#Comment_1033681

    Oh yeah, sure thing. What they said was that they want to make slowdown perks less obnoxious when run together, but still useful individually. That was one of the things they were trying to do with changing Ruin so that it didn't synergise with perks like PGTW. So you could arguably interpret that removed synergy as an overall nerf, but it doesn't necessarily mean that all those perks will be made less powerful individually, and they may end up having heightened synergy with different perks, so it might not be a nerf at all. The devs on stream said nothing about making perks like PGTW, Thanatophobia, Dying Light, etc. less powerful, or "nerfing" them, they just don't want them to be as useful in combination with one another as they are now.

    Here are some quotes from my summary post on the stream (bear in mind that these are my words, not theirs, but I believe them to be an accurate representation of what was said):

    Having a lot of slowdown perks stacked together can be a problem, because it keeps survivors holding M1 on generators for so long that the gameplay starts to feel stale. Old Ruin, Pop Goes The Weasel, Dying Light and Thanatophobia is an example of one such build which makes generator progress feel “painfully slow”. So the goal over time is to make generator slowdown perks less “obnoxious” when run together, but still useful individually. The fact that the new Ruin doesn’t synergise with Pop Goes The Weasel is one example of this, and was a conscious design choice made for that reason. Running the two together is now more of an insurance policy than an effective combination.

    Here is where this was discussed in the stream if you want to see it for yourself: https://youtu.be/3Aoe1H282oY?t=1650

    It’s not impossible [that they will introduce more generator slowdown perks in the future], but if it does happen, the design team will have to be very careful about how any new perks they introduce interact with existing ones. They don’t want slowdown builds, with sets of four perks that all slow generator progression, to be meta anymore. One example of this initiative in action is the intentional removal of synergy between Pop Goes The Weasel and the new version of Ruin. Ideally, they would like to encourage more different and varied loadouts, and not have killer loadouts always be focused solely on slowing generator repairs.

    Here is where this was discussed in the stream: https://youtu.be/3Aoe1H282oY?t=2556

    And here's a link to my full summary post if anyone wants to read it instead of watching the entire stream: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123532/i-watched-the-dev-stream-so-you-dont-have-to-once-again/p1

    Set up a patreon because I would pay for those posts.

  • @Fibijean thanks i couldn't remember, but I knew you could help.

    @AsePlayer I see you saw the post before I got back.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033732#Comment_1033732

    Set up a patreon because I would pay for those posts.

    Haha thank you, that's very sweet. The devs have actually made their own summary post this time (they obviously stole my idea 😋) so it's possible that I might not be useful for much longer. However, mine was more detailed and quicker off the press, so I probably will still continue to make mine as long as people continue to find them helpful.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    @Fibijean thanks i couldn't remember, but I knew you could help.

    @AsePlayer I see you saw the post before I got back.

    No worries 👍️ Glad to be able to clear things up.

  • Those defending DBD its like a meth addict saying meth is good but its awful and your dying inside the whole time...

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1031555#Comment_1031555

    I don't think you know how much survivors can abuse BT. Its 100% a second chance perk.

    I know how BT can be used. We'll just agree to disagree, I guess.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027279#Comment_1027279

    Quick and quite (and iron will) is kinda must have for head on plays during a chase

    "Kinda". As in, not absolute.

  • I mean against a 4head killer with just 10 hrs playtime u don't need it. Against competent killers its a must have (and still can get outplayed by a smart killer).

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1027279#Comment_1027279

    "gen slowdown perks to have less synergy.. "

    it's getting ######### pathetic at this point, what are killers supposed to do? seriously. You delete Ruin so people use Pop & Corrupt/Surge etc.. but now that's being targeted.. if they start touching Pop and Corrupt i legit give up

    i uninstalled borderlands 3 after the first month because every interesting gun/grenade i found got nerfed into oblivion and it kept happening over and over again, so it's like what's the point of "looter/shooter" if the loot is irrelevant a week after you get it?

    same trend is starting to reveal itself here, just not at warp speed like BL3. What's the point of trying to play killer if you can't prevent the matches from being over by the time you get 3 chases? everything out of their mouths is to the effect of "make things more challenging for the killer" and "more fun for survivor".. it's getting ridiculous

    Yep, its all about survivor 'fun'. Its never about that for the killer. Fun is also a bad metric to balance a competitive game on.

  • I'm sorry, wasn't it on it's last legs during Last Breath?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when F13 came out?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when Last Year was announced?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs they withheld all updates to focus on updating the engine?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when the universal pallet break buff came out and drove survivors away?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when the End Game Collapse Came out?

    I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    I'm sorry, wasn't it on it's last legs during Last Breath?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when F13 came out?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when Last Year was announced?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs they withheld all updates to focus on updating the engine?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when the universal pallet break buff came out and drove survivors away?

    Wasn't it on it's last legs when the End Game Collapse Came out?

    I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

    We're talking about the doomers who insist on making these posts everytime a change they don't like happens in spite of 2019 being the most succesful year in the game's history playerbase wise and this month having even more players on average than any other month, ever.

    But yeah killer exodus dead game yadda yadda

1 2 ›