Hey Devs... Your Survivor bias is showing.

Doctor update: "He's been a polarizing figure since his release, and we felt it was time to revisit his kit with an eye to making it less frustrating to play against him."

"It's the lack of action needed on the part of The Doctor to find nearby Survivors that makes it feel annoying to play against."

"One last thing we've addressed is the frustration of using Snap Out Of It to drop from Madness level III to Madness level II."

Ruin "change":

"We took a close look at the perk to identify what makes it so frustrating to play against."

-Why not look at WHY EVERYONE USES IT INSTEAD?!?!

None of these changes take into consideration how frustrating it is to play as the Doctor or in the case of Ruin, how frustrating it can be to play as killer.

I don't use Ruin or the Doctor so I don't care about these changes.

I do care about how little consideration was given to killers in comparison to survivors.

PS: Where are the audio fixes?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Runcore said:

    You took my words from my mouth with whole post. Every paragraph of dev notes are heading towards pampering survivors and make killers comfortable rainbow unicorns that will not frustrate survivors. I feel that BHVR devs are playing survivors only and not trying to play killer coz they dont know how hard and stresful it is. Im "frustrated" of gen-rushing, for me is "annoying" to play vs SWFs and Im "frustrated" that 80% of nerfs are headed toward killers. What about killers "frustration"? When I play survivor Im calm, when I play killer Im totaly stressed. It should be to the contrary. I suggest option to refund money for nerfed killers and nerfed perks related to that killers. BHVR will reconsider twice every nerf if they are scared of huge money refunds. I have all killers and now I want my money back for Legion, Nurse and Doctor. Can I have my money back? I bought strong killers with my money not some weak dummies.

    At this point' killer's aern't killers.

    Killer's are going to become glorified babysitters made to accommodate to survivor whims and screams.

    Someone earlier today commented on a dev saying something along the lines of "We want to bring killer ratio's to 75% escape."

  • @Justavoice said:

    Anyone feeling a little Revolutionary as of late?,

    On a serious note all jokes aside, This bias is going to gut the game from the inside out, And I think it may be necessary to get that good old Dark times death timer ticking again. Because this right here is pulling a 2016/2017 all over again. gens go too fast therefore Ruin was ran, but without early game impact who's gonna be helped? Trapper, well forget him, he's already bit the dust, Demogorgon has to set up portals just have map pressure. And no Corrupt Intervention will not be a very viable substitute.

    I can confirm, as a rank 1 trapper.

    Dude's basically on life support and with ruin being unplugged, his kill rate it going to tank harder than hard.

    Hag will probably soon follow.

    BUT WHO CARES :D

    They aren't survivors so ######### em.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974215#Comment_974215

    totally agreed.

    I dont hide the fact that I am addicted to this game.

    But this news totally downed me.

    I see the potential disaster coming making the game unplayable and not worth going on, probably will remain just some toxic surv or try hard guys in swf mode and in few months there will be no more killer base and the game will totally collapse.

    On my side I decided to suddenly stop every purchase I planned to do.

    I wanted to bud some skins for killers, I wanted to have at least one for every killer, but now I doubt I will buy it. Now I dont know even if I want to continue to play. All we now get is fast game with 4 teabegging survivors in gate.

  • @Runcore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974247#Comment_974247

    I wanted to bud some skins for killers, I wanted to have at least one for every killer, but now I doubt I will buy it. Now I dont know even if I want to continue to play. All we now get is fast game with 4 teabegging survivors in gate.

    funny thing is that they even said they are happy with the new version. They just murdered the game and still didn't realize that.

  • @Boss said:

    Audio fix?

    I want my Wraith super-lunge back already! 🤭😥

    Both Spirit and Wraith's super lunge will be back according to the upcoming ptb patch notes

  • When talking about that bug, i almost never see Wraith mentioned, only that Spirit suffers.

    Whether they actually know that Wraith also has it or not, i come out to bring attention to Wraith also having it.

  • @Raven014 said:

    I've been saying pretty much the same thing, why are they treating the symptoms instead of the illness...? It'd be way better for everyone if they did better balancing.

    That's another HUGE problem is they don't want to do proper balancing.

    They have said time after time they intend to balance the game by releaseing new perks and killers instead of actually fixing the core problems. With that dumb philospohy of balance you can only fix 4 things and pick which element of the game you want to fix with its corresponding killer.

  • Why are so many people so hard on the devs?

    Their job isn't easy. Disagree?

    Fine, go and code yourself a better game and shut the ######### up.

    Nothing is perfect, and they are constantly working on this game for our enjoyment.

    Stop being petulant brats.


    Pissed off by the game? TAKE A BREAK!

    No one is forcing you to play this game, and no one is forcing you to get so worked up.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    Killers find DS, Dead hard and BT annoying to play against when are those getting gutted BHVR? Oh wait I forget killer's don't get privileges.

    DS: don’t tunnel or just slug

    BT: Just don”t tunnel lol

    Dead Hard: Not even that annoying. Just wait for it. You must be rank 21 with these arguments.

  • The power role should maintain power

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/970367#Comment_970367

    DS: don’t tunnel or just slug

    BT: Just don”t tunnel lol

    Dead Hard: Not even that annoying. Just wait for it. You must be rank 21 with these arguments.

    You didn't address the best use for Dead Hard and you're bashing this guy.

    10/10

    Feel free to explain how to counter Dead Hard "for distance."

    I'll even be so kind as to explain it, since you may not know, as you did not address it...

    You use Dead Hard to gain the little bit of distance needed to reach the pallet/vault that you then use to extend the chase.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976856#Comment_976856

    You didn't address the best use for Dead Hard and you're bashing this guy.

    10/10

    Feel free to explain how to counter Dead Hard "for distance."

    I'll even be so kind as to explain it, since you may not know, as you did not address it...

    You use Dead Hard to gain the little bit of distance needed to reach the pallet/vault that you then use to extend the chase.

    Answer: you DON’T counter it in that instance, genius. Unless you’re Huntress or Long Lunge Freddy. It’s a perk for a reason. Distance is important. But

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976912#Comment_976912

    Answer: you DON’T counter it in that instance, genius. Unless you’re Huntress or Long Lunge Freddy. It’s a perk for a reason. Distance is important. But

    Exactly, it's uncounterable.

    Freddy's lunge is also the same as every other killer, although lunging is completely irrelevant in that scenario, anyways...but you knew that ;3

  • Not uncounterable since there’s this thing called “keep chasing them”.

  • If you ask me survivor is more frustrating that killer, and i've played 1000 hours of both, but thats more because i feel powerless if my teammates aren't helpful, or the killer chooses to target me.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976954#Comment_976954

    Not uncounterable since there’s this thing called “keep chasing them”.

    Well, I can see that this hole is never ending :(

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/970367#Comment_970367

    DS: don’t tunnel or just slug

    BT: Just don”t tunnel lol

    Dead Hard: Not even that annoying. Just wait for it. You must be rank 21 with these arguments.

    Why you talking ######### bruh? I'm just referencing to what usually gets said when asked by killer's what they find annoying it's only fair they'd find other things annoying you know. But yea that's cool survivor main.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/970367#Comment_970367

    DS: don’t tunnel or just slug

    BT: Just don”t tunnel lol

    Dead Hard: Not even that annoying. Just wait for it. You must be rank 21 with these arguments.

    Thats the point of ruin,just get good at hitting skillchecks. Same as "just don't tunnel" it forces you to become a better player. Or you can find the totem which is time wasting,same as chasing an uninjured instead of injured survivor

  • Imagine being a dev in this game

    Reworking DS

    Nerfing MoM

    Making fast vaults harder

    Nerfing Balanced Landing

    Giving the biggest killer buff in the history of the game with the Freddy rework

    Releasing 4 killers that are objectively better than half the killers in the game

    Nerfing instaheals

    Releasing a reworked and a new map that are more favorable to killer than the majority of maps in the game

    All in the span of a year

    Just to come here and see one frustrated boi saying they're survivor biased with a bunch of other frustrated bois coming and agreeing

    Maybe game develloping isn't my dream job after all. Being a ######### neurosurgeon must be more gratifying and less frustrating and infuriating

  • One of the best things tho is whenever a killer bug or something hurts the killer they respond with “Soon”

    Survivors get the opposite and they get fixed instantly.

    Oh well guess my Withered Blight Doc was wasted?

    ill have to try him out after the nerf

  • @Boss said:

    Audio fix?

    I want my Wraith super-lunge back already! 🤭😥

    Well thank goodness that's in the PTB now.

    Now he just needs to be burnt out of his cloak again.

  • @Runcore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/970367#Comment_970367

    Im frustrated after I read this insane dev note.

    Doc:

    "He's been a polarizing figure since his release, and we felt it was time to revisit his kit with an eye to making it less frustrating to play against him."

    "It's the lack of action needed on the part of The Doctor to find nearby Survivors that makes it feel annoying to play against."

    "One last thing we've addressed is the frustration of using Snap Out Of It to drop from Madness level III to Madness level II."

    Ruin:

    "We took a close look at the perk to identify what makes it so frustrating to play against."

    Every sentence is one big slap in the face of killer players. What about killers frustration about constant gutting of killers and their perks? Oh I forgot that this game is survivor sided a must be be "balanced" in surv favor to maximalize their comfort when facing killers.

    Results: playing survivor is peaceful and calm meanwhile playing killer is stressful like hell. When Im playing killer my real heatbeat is louder then hearbeat of survivors in-game.

    The way it said "We changed Ruin to help newer players, newer players working with veterans might hurt more than they help" means two things to me. Firstly. The fact newbies and veterans would play together just shows how cooked matchmaking is, and is it just me or does that read like a patch note for a regular PvE game? Something along the lines of "We nerfed Hex: Ruin because we felt the difficulty of the skill checks are too harsh for new players, and to encourage teamwork on the gens" not even taking into account that 80% of players use it because gen times are borked.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974150#Comment_974150

    That's another HUGE problem is they don't want to do proper balancing.

    They have said time after time they intend to balance the game by releaseing new perks and killers instead of actually fixing the core problems. With that dumb philospohy of balance you can only fix 4 things and pick which element of the game you want to fix with its corresponding killer.

    Imagine instead of sewing together a wound, you slapped a few bandaids on it, then when those got dirty or fell off, you just kept adding more and more until the wound is infected and nothing except a major operation would fix it. That's what they did.

  • @gantes said:

    Imagine being a dev in this game

    Reworking DS

    Nerfing MoM

    Making fast vaults harder

    Nerfing Balanced Landing

    Giving the biggest killer buff in the history of the game with the Freddy rework

    Releasing 4 killers that are objectively better than half the killers in the game

    Nerfing instaheals

    Releasing a reworked and a new map that are more favorable to killer than the majority of maps in the game

    All in the span of a year

    Just to come here and see one frustrated boi saying they're survivor biased with a bunch of other frustrated bois coming and agreeing

    Maybe game develloping isn't my dream job after all. Being a ######### neurosurgeon must be more gratifying and less frustrating and infuriating

    Imagine spending a whole year just fixing the crap you made cause you can't listen to feedback.

    Oh wait... It took them 2 years to fix Freddy.

    And no one asked for nurse basekit nerf, only her add-ons....

    Oh, and MOM was broken beyond believe, and they released it anyway despite the massive negative feedback it got when it got leaked...

    Can't wait 2022 for them to finally realize Legion needs a rework, and DS still broken, DH,BT are used by every single survivor past rank 10.

    By the time they realize killer player experience is also important we will all be playing dice with our grandchildren.

  • So before the changes they were catering to killers by your logic? Lol

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977289#Comment_977289

    Imagine spending a whole year just fixing the crap you made cause you can't listen to feedback.

    Oh wait... It took them 2 years to fix Freddy.

    And no one asked for nurse basekit nerf, only her add-ons....

    Oh, and MOM was broken beyond believe, and they released it anyway despite the massive negative feedback it got when it got leaked...

    Can't wait 2022 for them to finally realize Legion needs a rework, and DS still broken, DH,BT are used by every single survivor past rank 10.

    By the time they realize killer player experience is also important we will all be playing dice with our grandchildren.

    I so desperatly want to play Nurse again but I don't hate myself enough to go through the torture.

  • I did a ruin meme build the other night on Trapper just for fun by encasing my ruin in traps as a way to say 'MY RUIN'. A couple rank 1 teams just powered through the gens like usual but most teams I faced were so persistent on trying to cleanse ruin that I ended up w 4k's quite easily. OMG the salt though lol I wish I had popcorn on hand!! A ton of msg's about 'wait til ruins nerfed' yada yada yada.... I even had a few dc's because the big brains kept stepping in same traps I encapsulated around the shack where my ruin was, then they msg'd me saying the ol' 'you're trash', "uninstall" "camper!" blah blah blah lmao As if I was suppose to ignore them tripping my traps every time I tried to leave the area. tbh the entitlement I see in this game.... smh

    Keep in mind, I mainly play survivor and I am not looking forward to lobby wait times from the amount of killers that will most likely stop playing. Sure some big name twitch/YT'rs are saying new ruin is great but they're showing it used on killers who have great map pressure like Billy.

1 2 ›