Just couple minutes ago had game that luckily got cancelled that illustrates exactly what you are saying. Rank 4 said "thank god avoided" so he is obviously not SWF with them. Is there a single person who thinks that matching rank 4 and 17 survivors in one game can be enjoyable to anyone?
Was in a match last week where my 1 other red ranked teammate brought 2 rank 16s with him against a red rank killer. Me being the random here had no clue WHY these guys were so bad until the endgame score screen. My red ranked teammate made the decision to bring in new teammates, not me...
Just had this happen myself. Wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't still learning. Just really crappy that the people at bhvr let this go on. I get if im like rank 5 and getting rank 1,2,3 players, but rank 10? Really?
I had to take a break from the game myself. I was getting sick of playing toxic match after match. The game isn't even fun anymore and just sucks now. They nerfed way too many healing items for survivors and if there is any good perk for a survivor that works they will nerf that too. Ash Williams only good perk Metal Of Man was nerfed along with decisive strike and a handful of other perks but yet let's give Freddy a big buff to where he's way OP now. Over thousands of people quit playing this game and more will come. Still love the dedicated servers we never got by the way.
Just had this happen myself. Wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't still learning. Just really crappy that the people at bhvr let this go on. I get if im like rank 5 and getting rank 1,2,3 players, but rank 10? Really?
So why would you block what perks you used? Sounds to me like they beat you fair enough and you are sore about it. Not enough people play as killer because it is boring and more interesting to work hard to stay alive. That's why you guys get good survivors in a match. Not enough killers to balance out the rank system. I get it's annoying but if it was better being the killer more people would play as one instead.
I've been struggling for last few hours with this. How is this remotely fun to anyone? Low ranks DC and highranks just teabag nonstop and then bully in the end game chat. Is matchmaking system even on?
I’ve had people higher rank than me just destroy me when I was killer (I was trying out the nurse so 1 perk no add ons...) they were pointing at me and teabagging all game so I downed one and camped him just stood there, I was going to lose anyway and wasn’t bothered at that point, next game went back to messing around with the clown and brought an ebony Mori to kill off a bit of frustration and the same 4 people were the survivors 😂 it was a glorious game
I've been struggling for last few hours with this. How is this remotely fun to anyone? Low ranks DC and highranks just teabag nonstop and then bully in the end game chat. Is matchmaking system even on?
I’m sorry people are being so rude and toxic. The current way matchmaking works isn’t right. It’s causing more and more killers to quit (and even some survivors because it sucks to be a red rank with a gray rank). It’s making the game nearly unplayable for anyone trying to learn how to play and get better. Dbd seriously needs to stop with the new chapters and fix all of the bugs, terrible systems, rift grinding (although they won’t do that because they want people to spend more money on it) etc in the game. I’ve deranked all the way back to 16 just so I don’t have to deal with red ranks (which might be overkill but I’m actually having fun now). It doesn’t matter what killer I play or what perks. The current match making system encourages toxic play styles, meta perks, and generally miserable games. Then you have the ######### who regularly play red rank and are toxic in the chat who decide to say you suck and deserve it, because they’re #########.
You're getting really heated about this. What is it about getting better at a game that seems so impossible to you? Nobody has to pour ungodly amounts of hours into something just to improve. You're creating a strawman while ignoring the fact that the loss was your own fault. Seriously, take the loss and move on. We all have hard games.
He’s not complaining about losing, he’s complaining about 1. Not having a chance 2. Horrible match making 3. Not being able to improve much from insanely difficult (and likely toxic) survivors. Just because he’s a nurse and running ruin doesn’t mean he’s automatically gonna win. You can’t say “well you have good stuff so you lost cause you suck” COMPARED TO RED RANKS OFC the rank system is supposed to be based on skill level and obviously he isn’t ready to play with red ranks and shouldn’t be put with red ranks. It makes no sense. It’s like putting a professional football player with some middle school kid. Ofc the pro is gonna win and that middle schooler isn’t going to really improve a whole lot because they’ll lose too quickly to learn. Or, better yet, it’s like forcing an average 8 year old to solve a calculus problem. News flash, they won’t learn or solve it. You must be a toxic red rank survivor who likes the horrible match making because you win all of the time. Maybe that’s the only reason you’re a red rank to begin with (if you are).
I had to take a break from the game myself. I was getting sick of playing toxic match after match. The game isn't even fun anymore and just sucks now. They nerfed way too many healing items for survivors and if there is any good perk for a survivor that works they will nerf that too. Ash Williams only good perk Metal Of Man was nerfed along with decisive strike and a handful of other perks but yet let's give Freddy a big buff to where he's way OP now. Over thousands of people quit playing this game and more will come. Still love the dedicated servers we never got by the way.
We have dedicated servers, unless you are on console I guess.
The chat isnt the only issue being discussed here. Matchmaking being all over the place is the main issue being brought up. Being put into a squad of grey ranks instead of the red ranks you SHOULD have against a red rank killer...sucks. I dont have control of that and I'm pretty screwed before the game even starts. On the opposite side as killer, being matched against survivors who have no business being in the same lobby as you also sucks, whether that being placed against survivors much higher OR much lower rank than you.
A top 500 rank player being randomly placed in a silver rank game on Overwatch wouldnt fly if it was the norm, even if they took away the chat. For some reason...thats the norm on DBD. The matchmaking system is completely failing at placing people in lobbys with others of appropriate ranks. I can only hope it gets fixed soon.
I understand matchmaking is also being discussed but we can’t do anything about that. If they would bring back ranks in lobby until they fix the issue that would help but the one thing he can control in this situation is not having to see people act like a holes because they went against a low rank killer or a killer having an off day.
Not only this but the queue times are so long that the rank diffrances shouldn't even exist I mean everytime you look how many people on Steam are playing DBD atm you get roughly 30 000 people but I feel like I'm playing with my city
It's just a game who cares if you lose matches oh well it happens
I enjoy playing tennis and I am pretty decent at it. However, if I were matched to Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal every single match, and lost 6-0 6-0 6-1, and had them teabagging at the net for the handshake, I really wouldn't want to play any more.
I enjoy playing tennis and I am pretty decent at it. However, if I were matched to Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal every single match, and lost 6-0 6-0 6-1, and had them teabagging at the net for the handshake, I really wouldn't want to play any more.
I agree, this is the real issue here, not losing in general. It's just not fun when you're facing much more experienced opponents who stomp and will use every chance they get to rub the salt in the wound too. Losing is okay but not having a chance at all is not.
a killer with 100 hours played facing people who have 2k hours played and their profiles are full of dbd achievements? Not okay.
I agree, this is the real issue here, not losing in general. It's just not fun when you're facing much more experienced opponents who stomp and will use every chance they get to rub the salt in the wound too. Losing is okay but not having a chance at all is not.
a killer with 100 hours played facing people who have 2k hours played and their profiles are full of dbd achievements? Not okay.
Exactly. I have 117 hours in the game, maybe 70 of that is killer. I feel like I'm better than most in my experience bracket, but I am not good enough to deal with rank 2's with thousands of hours.
This matchmaking was bugging my mind as well. I’m around rank 3-4 as a killer. I don’t consider myself as a good killer, so it’s kinda annoying that 70% of my matches are all about t-baggers, flashlight clicking, pointing at me, pallet breaking simulation. I don’t mind losing, but sometimes I feel like I don’t even has a chance to win, and all the t-baggers at the exit gate are just underwhelming and making it more stressful. So basically this raised a few questions in me. If I am not good enough, then why do I need to face these high skilled survivors/ swf groups? Or to flip around, the survivors/ swf groups whom I can kill easily... why are they at same rank as me?
I agree, this is the real issue here, not losing in general. It's just not fun when you're facing much more experienced opponents who stomp and will use every chance they get to rub the salt in the wound too. Losing is okay but not having a chance at all is not.
a killer with 100 hours played facing people who have 2k hours played and their profiles are full of dbd achievements? Not okay.
I usually play an equal amount of survivor and killer (a bit more survivor lately because of the matchmaking issues).
If you're natural reaction to seeing a massive rank gap in your favour after dominating a killer or a group of survivors isn't "Well #########, now I feel bad" you're a sociopath.
What they have to do is go back and show us numbers. That’s when matchmaking was at a peak imo. They would give you a killer for the highest rank in team and not average out the rank of killer based on team ranks.
You inspired me to create a variation of well known meme when you said "70% of my matches are all about t-baggers, flashlight clicking, pointing at me, pallet breaking simulation". I really want to be friendly, but sometimes...
Another great matchmaking experience today. It wouldn't be so infuriating if killers at least knew ranks in advance, so I could chose one with good map control. Pinkie Finger is useless against red ranks, as they can easily avoid direct hits.
I would feel bad for you, if you weren't a Nurse, with ruin, and other extremely meta perks (noteably, ruin, on Nurse. OOF), and the survivors had perks that were actually game changing. They didn't.
Basically, if you lost to them, as a Nurse, with ruin, BBQ and Nurses Calling...I don't think it's the games fault, no matter the rank. You had a significant advantage.
Yet Nurse is the worst killer nowadays according to the statistics.
Like a few have said, the game needs growth, which means persuading new players not to give up after a day or so game play having the ass handed to them on either side. I guarantee if the game had an absolute block on killers between 15-20 facing survivors higher than 15, their que times would be like an hour. Conversely, a survivor in the 15-20 rank maybe shouldnt get a rank 10 killer, but it happens.
So with the recent rank reset change, entire color crests got dumped into the color crest below.
Maybe if they started ranking survivors and killers individually it might change the distribution of ranks. You start a new killer you never played but are rank 9, you might like to be rank 20, maybe.
I've been struggling for last few hours with this. How is this remotely fun to anyone? Low ranks DC and highranks just teabag nonstop and then bully in the end game chat. Is matchmaking system even on?
I've been struggling for last few hours with this. How is this remotely fun to anyone? Low ranks DC and highranks just teabag nonstop and then bully in the end game chat. Is matchmaking system even on?
I had so much fun sitting on gens the whole game and so had the killer who got one hook if i remember correct. If there was not the lullaby, i would not even know it was a huntress..
This has to be fixed sooner then soon. Time to come back from your vacation, this is not just a minor thing.
I would feel bad for you, if you weren't a Nurse, with ruin, and other extremely meta perks (noteably, ruin, on Nurse. OOF), and the survivors had perks that were actually game changing. They didn't.
Basically, if you lost to them, as a Nurse, with ruin, BBQ and Nurses Calling...I don't think it's the games fault, no matter the rank. You had a significant advantage.
You can run Ruin on nurse and still lose. You realise that rank 12s aren't going to be the best at Nurse, especially since her changes hurt new Nurse players a LOT. I ran Ruin at first because I was trying to get better at her and practice, and I wanted to be in games for longer than 5 minutes while doing so.
You can run baby Nurses for 10 minutes straight and not get hit once.
You can run Ruin on nurse and still lose. You realise that rank 12s aren't going to be the best at Nurse, especially since her changes hurt new Nurse players a LOT. I ran Ruin at first because I was trying to get better at her and practice, and I wanted to be in games for longer than 5 minutes while doing so.
You can run baby Nurses for 10 minutes straight and not get hit once.
Welcome to dbd it was and always will be like that deal with it,I guess you have not many hours on the game if your complaining about what happens in every round you play as killer..
You know you sound like a bot saying that, like did you not read anything I said. If you're not gonna pay attention to what I said, don't reply at all.
"I had so much fun sitting on gens the whole game" - I've been saying it all along that this kills the game. But some attitudes here are baffling: you won, you got BPs, you got pips... Wake up people! Those are just numbers and they are not in your bank account! If it's not fun, than the game dies, it's really that simple :/
By saying that i ment that the Killer who was rank 12 did not even had the slightest chance against the survivor, it was extremly boring for me. I dont want to play vs Rank 12 Killers and i doubt a rank 12 wants to verse me.
By saying that i ment that the Killer who was rank 12 did not even had the slightest chance against the survivor, it was extremly boring for me. I dont want to play vs Rank 12 Killers and i doubt a rank 12 wants to verse me.
This! I don’t even care if I escape as survivor or get any kills as killer.
If there were good chases, if I get to make a couple nice mind game plays to catch someone or escape a chase, that’s a fun game in my mind.
I've been struggling for last few hours with this. How is this remotely fun to anyone? Low ranks DC and highranks just teabag nonstop and then bully in the end game chat. Is matchmaking system even on?
I believe the problem is that there is a shortage of killers. When indo play killer it's an insta lobby and from green to now purple ranks I'm getting red rank survivors.
A lot of killers have gotten fed up waiting on balance changes. The devs really need to balance some of these awful maps and maybe some slight buffs to some of the weaker killers. I dont want to he forced to play a select few killers because if i dont then I won't feel like I even have a chance.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Was in a match last week where my 1 other red ranked teammate brought 2 rank 16s with him against a red rank killer. Me being the random here had no clue WHY these guys were so bad until the endgame score screen. My red ranked teammate made the decision to bring in new teammates, not me...
Just had this happen myself. Wouldn't be so bad if i wasn't still learning. Just really crappy that the people at bhvr let this go on. I get if im like rank 5 and getting rank 1,2,3 players, but rank 10? Really?
I had to take a break from the game myself. I was getting sick of playing toxic match after match. The game isn't even fun anymore and just sucks now. They nerfed way too many healing items for survivors and if there is any good perk for a survivor that works they will nerf that too. Ash Williams only good perk Metal Of Man was nerfed along with decisive strike and a handful of other perks but yet let's give Freddy a big buff to where he's way OP now. Over thousands of people quit playing this game and more will come. Still love the dedicated servers we never got by the way.
So why would you block what perks you used? Sounds to me like they beat you fair enough and you are sore about it. Not enough people play as killer because it is boring and more interesting to work hard to stay alive. That's why you guys get good survivors in a match. Not enough killers to balance out the rank system. I get it's annoying but if it was better being the killer more people would play as one instead.
I’ve had people higher rank than me just destroy me when I was killer (I was trying out the nurse so 1 perk no add ons...) they were pointing at me and teabagging all game so I downed one and camped him just stood there, I was going to lose anyway and wasn’t bothered at that point, next game went back to messing around with the clown and brought an ebony Mori to kill off a bit of frustration and the same 4 people were the survivors 😂 it was a glorious game
All night long.... On the plus side, I never depipped.
It's just a game who cares if you lose matches oh well it happens
People dont care about losing, they care about fair matches. if you lose after being unable to accomplish anything its just not worth playing.
I’m sorry people are being so rude and toxic. The current way matchmaking works isn’t right. It’s causing more and more killers to quit (and even some survivors because it sucks to be a red rank with a gray rank). It’s making the game nearly unplayable for anyone trying to learn how to play and get better. Dbd seriously needs to stop with the new chapters and fix all of the bugs, terrible systems, rift grinding (although they won’t do that because they want people to spend more money on it) etc in the game. I’ve deranked all the way back to 16 just so I don’t have to deal with red ranks (which might be overkill but I’m actually having fun now). It doesn’t matter what killer I play or what perks. The current match making system encourages toxic play styles, meta perks, and generally miserable games. Then you have the ######### who regularly play red rank and are toxic in the chat who decide to say you suck and deserve it, because they’re #########.
He’s not complaining about losing, he’s complaining about 1. Not having a chance 2. Horrible match making 3. Not being able to improve much from insanely difficult (and likely toxic) survivors. Just because he’s a nurse and running ruin doesn’t mean he’s automatically gonna win. You can’t say “well you have good stuff so you lost cause you suck” COMPARED TO RED RANKS OFC the rank system is supposed to be based on skill level and obviously he isn’t ready to play with red ranks and shouldn’t be put with red ranks. It makes no sense. It’s like putting a professional football player with some middle school kid. Ofc the pro is gonna win and that middle schooler isn’t going to really improve a whole lot because they’ll lose too quickly to learn. Or, better yet, it’s like forcing an average 8 year old to solve a calculus problem. News flash, they won’t learn or solve it. You must be a toxic red rank survivor who likes the horrible match making because you win all of the time. Maybe that’s the only reason you’re a red rank to begin with (if you are).
We have dedicated servers, unless you are on console I guess.
You shouldn't just accept ######### like this, it goes against the whole point of a ranking system.
I feel like I have said this at least three times already but I’ll try once more
BHVR... the Devs... are... aware... of... the... matchmaking... problem... and... they... have... said... they... will... look... at... it... after... holiday... break
I understand matchmaking is also being discussed but we can’t do anything about that. If they would bring back ranks in lobby until they fix the issue that would help but the one thing he can control in this situation is not having to see people act like a holes because they went against a low rank killer or a killer having an off day.
Not only this but the queue times are so long that the rank diffrances shouldn't even exist I mean everytime you look how many people on Steam are playing DBD atm you get roughly 30 000 people but I feel like I'm playing with my city
You blanked out the good stuff. 😥
I enjoy playing tennis and I am pretty decent at it. However, if I were matched to Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal every single match, and lost 6-0 6-0 6-1, and had them teabagging at the net for the handshake, I really wouldn't want to play any more.
I agree, this is the real issue here, not losing in general. It's just not fun when you're facing much more experienced opponents who stomp and will use every chance they get to rub the salt in the wound too. Losing is okay but not having a chance at all is not.
a killer with 100 hours played facing people who have 2k hours played and their profiles are full of dbd achievements? Not okay.
I feel like that would be a John McEnroe move.
Exactly. I have 117 hours in the game, maybe 70 of that is killer. I feel like I'm better than most in my experience bracket, but I am not good enough to deal with rank 2's with thousands of hours.
This matchmaking was bugging my mind as well. I’m around rank 3-4 as a killer. I don’t consider myself as a good killer, so it’s kinda annoying that 70% of my matches are all about t-baggers, flashlight clicking, pointing at me, pallet breaking simulation. I don’t mind losing, but sometimes I feel like I don’t even has a chance to win, and all the t-baggers at the exit gate are just underwhelming and making it more stressful. So basically this raised a few questions in me. If I am not good enough, then why do I need to face these high skilled survivors/ swf groups? Or to flip around, the survivors/ swf groups whom I can kill easily... why are they at same rank as me?
Skill based matchmaking would be nice
Can you link to where they said that and how long is their break?
I usually play an equal amount of survivor and killer (a bit more survivor lately because of the matchmaking issues).
If you're natural reaction to seeing a massive rank gap in your favour after dominating a killer or a group of survivors isn't "Well #########, now I feel bad" you're a sociopath.
What they have to do is go back and show us numbers. That’s when matchmaking was at a peak imo. They would give you a killer for the highest rank in team and not average out the rank of killer based on team ranks.
Lol this is funny actually.
Try avoiding direct hits while intoxicated.
Yet Nurse is the worst killer nowadays according to the statistics.
thats not even a loss i-
bruh..
Oh sorry
Like a few have said, the game needs growth, which means persuading new players not to give up after a day or so game play having the ass handed to them on either side. I guarantee if the game had an absolute block on killers between 15-20 facing survivors higher than 15, their que times would be like an hour. Conversely, a survivor in the 15-20 rank maybe shouldnt get a rank 10 killer, but it happens.
So with the recent rank reset change, entire color crests got dumped into the color crest below.
Maybe if they started ranking survivors and killers individually it might change the distribution of ranks. You start a new killer you never played but are rank 9, you might like to be rank 20, maybe.
Yeah I won't lie, take a break from dbd till they fix the matchmaking because as is right now it's horrendous for green ranks.
Aaand another one...
I had so much fun sitting on gens the whole game and so had the killer who got one hook if i remember correct. If there was not the lullaby, i would not even know it was a huntress..
This has to be fixed sooner then soon. Time to come back from your vacation, this is not just a minor thing.
Kind regards
You can run Ruin on nurse and still lose. You realise that rank 12s aren't going to be the best at Nurse, especially since her changes hurt new Nurse players a LOT. I ran Ruin at first because I was trying to get better at her and practice, and I wanted to be in games for longer than 5 minutes while doing so.
You can run baby Nurses for 10 minutes straight and not get hit once.
I think this pretty much sums it up...
Her skill floor is way too low now. Sad
You know you sound like a bot saying that, like did you not read anything I said. If you're not gonna pay attention to what I said, don't reply at all.
By saying that i ment that the Killer who was rank 12 did not even had the slightest chance against the survivor, it was extremly boring for me. I dont want to play vs Rank 12 Killers and i doubt a rank 12 wants to verse me.
This! I don’t even care if I escape as survivor or get any kills as killer.
If there were good chases, if I get to make a couple nice mind game plays to catch someone or escape a chase, that’s a fun game in my mind.
I believe the problem is that there is a shortage of killers. When indo play killer it's an insta lobby and from green to now purple ranks I'm getting red rank survivors.
A lot of killers have gotten fed up waiting on balance changes. The devs really need to balance some of these awful maps and maybe some slight buffs to some of the weaker killers. I dont want to he forced to play a select few killers because if i dont then I won't feel like I even have a chance.