Petition for a Compromise regarding the withdrawal of the 4 event cosmetics.

Dear community,

As you probably know, update 3.4.0 was supposed to come with a whole bunch of exclusive cosmetics including 4 very special cosmetics : The Huntress' Hound Mask / David King's New Year Donkey / Kate Denson's Free Song Bird Top / Hillbilly's Pro-pain Hammer.

2 of these cosmetics were from the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year event.

2 of these cosmetics were from the Summer BBQ event.

As of the release of update 3.4.0, the devs have decided to withdraw these 4 cosmetics from the batch they were giving us for free because the players that earned them fair and square during the event didn't feel satisfied that they would just be given for free to everyone (which is TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE). I would have done the same.

I am however disappointed to not be able to get these cosmetics. I have been following this game since shortly before the Halloween Chapter came out (I discovered the game on YouTube). At the time, my computer was an Acer Aspire V5 (try to run DBD on that !). Furthermore, I didn't have the necessary revenues to afford Dead By Daylight or any of its content.

Still, I was following the game because I felt like it deserved to grow (and look where its come).

I was up all night to see the 10 000 000 th coin added to the counter for Feng Min's New Year polo and I was so happy that the player base at that time had teamed up to earn something together !

I personally think that some of us who didn't get the cosmetics deserve them as well as the players who put all their efforts in the game at the time of the events.

This is why I came up with this COMPROMISE :

When update 2.0.0 released, the devs opened the in-game Store, allowing us to buy cosmetics and DLCs for Auric Cells or Iridescent Shards. Their goal (and you can check back their 2.0.0 dev stream on YouTube) was to make sure that there was a way for players to grind points to access content rather than making everything cost money. However, they were aware that some people weren't into grinding points and they made everything affordable for real money as well to give you the choice (Farm or Pay).

As of today, most of the events cosmetics are available in the in-game Store (Hallowed Blight, Hallowed Catalyst, Moonrise, Ugly Sweaters (wasn't an event but the sweaters were seasonal outfits) and even the All Hallow's Eve event included the nurse's pumpkin head cosmetic that was handed out for free).

WHAT I WANT (and probably others) : I would like the 4 withdrawed cosmetics to be in the in-game Store, in accordance to what the devs intended to do with their game in the 2.0.0 update. Of course, to be FAIR : I would also like all these cosmetics to be worth Auric Cells ONLY (as the other events cosmetics are).

Please, if you feel like this compromise is worth it, rate this post up. It would help me a lot :'D

Let us all keep the game fair and give everyone even chances of obtaining what others achieved in the past. Even if we are late to these events, us joining the game (and I've only been playing since June 2019) means that we are also contributing to the player base growth and we shouldn't be left aside.

Hear us out !

If you've been reading all the way, congratulations and thank you !

Best Regards,

MrGolden32467

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • I'm all for this. Either give players the ability to purchase them or give us a chance to earn them like everyone else. (If you're not willing to do this you might as well release them for everybody, since apparently they don't mean too much if they were planning to release them to everyone anyway before complaints about "muh exclusives won't feel special".

    If they do decide not to release it however, I better not see the Hallowed Blight Nurse or any item from the rift in the store at any time in the future. Because not only did i "earn" and grind for a limited-time-availability item, i also had to pay an entrance fee to even begin grinding for that item. (and based on what they have previously stated, it's evident that they will eventually be releasing rift items into the store, making my grind useless and the point of many people here moot because event cosmetics will and should always be purchasable regardless of the time you may have spent unlocking them any other way)

  • @fcc2014 said:

    The cosmetics were earned by players who played the event.

    You did not so you should not get them.


    I know what you mean, but what about the Switch and Mobile players? They deserve a chance.

  • @Kev19915 said:

    I would also personally like to see them put in the store. All other event cosmetics after the Scorching Summer BBQ event were put in store. Yes, i do have the free songbird shirt and the Pro-Pain hammer. I unlocked all available cosmetics during the hollowed blight and the Moonrise events while others could simply purchase them whenever they wanted. At this very moment i am grinding the tome, currently at tier 68 but in year all those cosmetics will be available in store. I hope at least they will consider doing it. Well said MrGolden32467!

    Thanks you for being so positive <3

  • @DeathReaper said:

    i agree they should be available in the Dead By Daylight Store i said a post like this but i was calling people entitled that were saying that players that didn't do events shouldn't get event cosmetics cause in my opinion i believe that everyone deserves a chance to be able to get things not just some people i completely agree with your compromise 100% also i in particular am not a fan of things being exclusive in video games and would rather have a chance to get everything i want in a game and enjoy the game the way i want to enjoy the game instead of be left out in getting certain things in a game

    That is word for word exactly what I feel like ! This could literally be a follow up to the post :D Thank you for the support :)

  • Im all for event cosmetics being earnable again in future events. I doubt that would anger anyone unless theyre unreasonable. alMost of them other than the billy hammer are pretty dull and I rarely see them being used anyway.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I feel robbed of the Huntress Wolf Mask cosmetic. During that event it was literally impossible for me to play killer. If someone used an event offering there was an 70% chance my game would crash about 30 seconds into the match, and about a 10% chance it would crash during the load screen. Killer was UNPLAYABLE for me, and thus I was not able to earn the cosmetic. I got the survivor one, even though I still got crashes it was much less common (maybe 1 in 10 games).

    I call BS on people that feel they "earned" these cosmetics. No you just played the game like you normally did and maybe had to go a tad out of the way to get special hooks or gens. You really didn't do anything special to get these skins. Same with BBQ event. It's not that special.

    People like me were screwed out of the cosmetics because the game was flat out broken. How is that fair? Devs decide to give them out to everyone and people made a big stink because they worked SO HARD for them. Not really dude. Unlike Blight cosmetics, there is 0 way to unlock these outside the single event they had.

    Either give them out for free like they said they would do or give us another way to earn them. It's total bullshit I lost out on this stuff, which I could have easily gotten had the game been at all functional for me. I earned 3 of the 4 cosmetics in question, I had absolutely 0 issue with people getting them for free. I even main Kate, sure give out the shirt I really don't care. But no, people have to be all entitled to something they "earned" which is nonsense.

    Thanks everyone that was selfish.

    Now that you shared your thoughts, I came to think that some people just want to keep these cosmetics to themselves to brag about how "cool" they look in these (exclusivity). "Oh look I have exclusives, and you don't..." This could lead to some toxicity in the community. The more I read the thread I've started, the more I feel like the people against just don't want to share the game with others ; which is kind of sad :,(

  • @T2K said:

    so you should be able to get cosmetics others grinded for because you didnt play at that time? lol

    I even bought the core game back then when it wasnt for free in the stores and grinded every event for that stuff.

    Cant believe how onesided some people are. sure free stuff is nice for you because you missed out a lot. but its nobodys fault you joined in on dbd so late.

    I can tell you haven't read the entirety of my post so I will clarify the compromise I gave. I understood both points of view before writing anything here : the first side wants in on every cosmetic, the other side wants the first side to stay out of this and not get the free stuff because they grinded and the first side didn't.

    What I suggested is that these cosmetics be sold in the in-game Shop for Auric Cells only as any other event cosmetics. That way it sorts out the issue of "being free". All of the people who REALLY want these skins will have to buy them with their actual money, so they understand the price they have to pay for missing out.

    Giving a second chance is showing how generous this community can be. :D

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I agree with this.

    It was when I began playing that they started putting every event cosmetic in the store. This would be fine if all previous event cosmetics were also put into the store, but they weren't. And there's no way to earn those cosmetics. So not only do new players not get exclusives of their own, but they don't have any way to earn past exclusives. That really sucks. The problem isn't just one or the other, it's the combination of both that makes newer players feel unappreciated. We have to share our new toys with all future players, but the old toys aren't shared with us.

    I understand not giving them away for free; the new event cosmetics aren't given away for free, either. Not having a way to earn the old event cosmetics is frustrating, though.

    Thank you for sharing <3

  • I've never seen anyone use the kate cosmetic and I've been playing since the game released on console

  • @fcc2014 said:

    The cosmetics were earned by players who played the event.

    You did not so you should not get them.

    What about the First Anni stuff? That's available to everyone? What's the difference? Why should these exclusives stay exclusive? What's so important that they stay exclusive? You didn't have to do anything different than normal to earn them. The special gens/hooks weren't more difficult than normal, yes you had to bring an offering to spawn more but you didn't need to. They spawned regardless.

    I guess new players should also not be able to buy anything that was put into the shop before they started playing as well. I mean, they weren't there when they were released. Why should they be able to buy them. They also weren't there when the first killers and Survivors were released. So I guess they shouldn't be able to access them as well.

    That's how stupid that is.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890357#Comment_890357

    Because being able to pay for them and receive them instantly without going through the grinding and hours put into the event nullifies the value of the cosmetics for those that put countless hours into obtaining them.

    It took a fair amount of dedication and resilience to earn the cosmetics during the events and that's what makes them special. They are unique and currently exclusive to those who worked to get them. Buying them instantly and without going through the event isn't the same as earning them in-game.

    You had to hook someone on a special hook or complete a special gen that wasn't any harder to complete than normal. Wow, such skill. Not anything you could do by just playing the game as normal.

  • @Retry said:

    I can understand the code-related ones, those make sense. But no compromise on the event skins is needed - players earned those skins by completing the in-game events. If you didn't, I see no reason you should be entitled to them whatsoever. As much as I would love the huntress one, I was not playing the game at that time - so there's zero reason for me to receive it, regardless of if I pay for it or not, as I did not earn it.

    That's the point of event skins; giving players something to earn. It's not fair to give those out to those who did not earn them while there are those who worked for them; it's just silly and unfair. They deserve to keep those unique skins that they worked for. They're the same as the legacy skins, even though the difficulty in earning them is not at all comparable. I'm not entitled to a legacy skin because I did not earn it, so I'm not entitled to an event skin I didn't earn, either.

    Thank you for sharing your honest opinion.

    In my experience, I was very sad to see all these people getting these incredible outfits at a time I couldn't play (even though I really wanted to !). I'm just disappointed that we have to exclude a part of the community on the subject of cosmetics, which were designed for everyone to be happy. Again, the code-related skins and legacy I can understand because they were exclusive to people who supported at event and who supported DBD at its start. I was here to support when the Howling Grounds and Scorching Summer BBQ events came around so I feel like I also need my share.

    If these cosmetics were available for Auric cells, surely not everyone would buy them. However it would give a chance to those who actually want them to pick them up. :D

  • @CloakedDagger1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109850/petition-for-a-compromise-regarding-the-withdrawal-of-the-4-event-cosmetics

    I mean I’d purchase auric cells for it but there’s always gonna be a group unhappy about the decision truthfully

    True :D But it gives everyone a fair chance. If they cannot buy them now, they will be able to afford them whenever they feel like they need them (I think).

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I feel robbed of the Huntress Wolf Mask cosmetic. During that event it was literally impossible for me to play killer. If someone used an event offering there was an 70% chance my game would crash about 30 seconds into the match, and about a 10% chance it would crash during the load screen. Killer was UNPLAYABLE for me, and thus I was not able to earn the cosmetic. I got the survivor one, even though I still got crashes it was much less common (maybe 1 in 10 games).

    I call BS on people that feel they "earned" these cosmetics. No you just played the game like you normally did and maybe had to go a tad out of the way to get special hooks or gens. You really didn't do anything special to get these skins. Same with BBQ event. It's not that special.

    People like me were screwed out of the cosmetics because the game was flat out broken. How is that fair? Devs decide to give them out to everyone and people made a big stink because they worked SO HARD for them. Not really dude. Unlike Blight cosmetics, there is 0 way to unlock these outside the single event they had.

    Either give them out for free like they said they would do or give us another way to earn them. It's total bullshit I lost out on this stuff, which I could have easily gotten had the game been at all functional for me. I earned 3 of the 4 cosmetics in question, I had absolutely 0 issue with people getting them for free. I even main Kate, sure give out the shirt I really don't care. But no, people have to be all entitled to something they "earned" which is nonsense.

    Thanks everyone that was selfish.

    This!

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891679#Comment_891679

    No need to apologize, you were just presenting your point.

    I don't think it's fair that the developers have went back on their word. If they said they were going to release them then they should become available in some way for those who missed them.

    I have a slight feeling that you might be changing your opinion on the question of these event cosmetics :3 No ? I've been reading all your posts and it went from opposed to me to agreeing with someone that shared my point of view :D I see you also support us on the disappointment of the devs turning on us about giving us these cosmetics <3 Nice to have you around !

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891423#Comment_891423

    "You had to spend a relatively long time grinding through bloodwebs to get event offerings and then go out of your way in trials to obtain them. "

    Dude you got literally 2-3 event offerings per web. It got to a point where I was literally avoiding them as much as possible because it was a waste of BP. I have like 30 flowers from the last event left over on my Ghostface. My friend has over 100. Stop acting like it was that hard to get the events stuff done. It wasn't. It was a cake walk, and you didn't even need to go out of your way to earn it. Just play the game normally.

    "It's just the act of buying them which seems unfair"

    Yet the Blight cosmetics work this way and no one seems to care at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    "If there is really "nothing special" about these cosmetics then why is it so unfair that not everyone has them?"

    See my previous comment for why it's a big deal. Devs said they would give them out, then went back on that promise. Had they never said anything I really wouldn't care.

    I mean you also didn't have to burn any offerings for the special hooks and gens to spawn. More spawned if you did, but you could just play as normal and at least one of each (I think it was actually 2 but I don't remember) spawned as base. The only thing you didn't get if you didn't burn an offering was the bonus BP.

    So you could've actually ground the whole even without burning a single offering. Yes it would've been harder, but only moderately so.

    Like my computer was having fits during the BBQ event and my net kept dropping but I still managed to grind out both the Kate and Billy cosmetic with time to spare. That just shows how easy it was. The only way to could be a huge chore is if you were severely impacted by RL issues going on at the time (work, family emergency, whatever), which to me gives even MORE incentive for people to want them re-released in some capacity. Whether that be free, in the Shop, in another event.

  • @T2K said:

    I just dont get how unsatisfied ppl can be. everyone got 14 free cosmetics and now cry about 4 pieces others earned by playing. what is wrong with you guys. Its about fairness and I think the way behavior handled it is the fairest solution. omg...

    Thank you for sharing :D

    I would add that it is not the fairest solution. If it was indeed, then no one would complain about it. This is why I'm proposing a compromise, to give out an idea of how to make everyone happy.

    People who grinded the cosmetics feel like they put a lot of time into them ; and its true !

    People who haven't gotten the skins and that want them should be able to get them with Auric Cells.

    Both ways would mean there is a significance. Significance in the first one because time was put into it. Significance in the second one because real money was put into it. In both ways you are conscious of the impact of your decisions : will you grind and spend a lot of time to get it free ? or will you actually spend a portion of you salary (including money you could use to go out with friends or buy yourself a meal) to get them ?

    I think this decision and choice is the fairest option :D

    Still I respect everyone's honest opinions as long as the are not rude about them, so once again I thank you for adding your thoughts to this thread :)

  • I’m alright with this (Own them)... if people are worked about what they wear not being exclusive they miss the big picture... when there’s a point that there’s so much to choose from cosmetic-wise... you’re gonna look unique 99% of the time anyway.

    Not being able to get exclusives from games stops me wanting to buy games that have them. I dunno why game devs thought “let’s add exclusives so no one leaves” is better than “if all devs don’t have exclusives they welcome every new player” meaning more sales for every dev.

  • Funny thing is: As a Huntress main of course i got the Hound Mask, but i rarely wear it.

    I personly don't like the look of it, aesthetic-wise. She looks a bit dump for me with it.


    I feel the debate is also always a bit like: People want what they can't get the most...

  • 'I didn't earn it but I feel entitled to have it handed to me anyway. Old players bad. Old players selfish.'

    This thread in a nutshell. You didn't earn it, you're not getting it. I am under the impression that the only reason they were bringing the event items back for everyone in the first place was because they couldn't identify the people who actually lost the cosmetics. Now they have, so only the people who earned them will receive them.

    If you didn't earn them, you're not getting them.

  • @blacknite15 said:

    I'm all for this. Either give players the ability to purchase them or give us a chance to earn them like everyone else. (If you're not willing to do this you might as well release them for everybody, since apparently they don't mean too much if they were planning to release them to everyone anyway before complaints about "muh exclusives won't feel special".

    If they do decide not to release it however, I better not see the Hallowed Blight Nurse or any item from the rift in the store at any time in the future. Because not only did i "earn" and grind for a limited-time-availability item, i also had to pay an entrance fee to even begin grinding for that item. (and based on what they have previously stated, it's evident that they will eventually be releasing rift items into the store, making my grind useless and the point of many people here moot because event cosmetics will and should always be purchasable regardless of the time you may have spent unlocking them any other way)

    ☝️this

  • I didn't bother reading it all because in all honestly, who cares, they are just cosmetics.

    I earned all 4 cosmetics and i don't care if they were given to other players who didn't.

  • @MrGolden32467 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890885#Comment_890885

    Now that you shared your thoughts, I came to think that some people just want to keep these cosmetics to themselves to brag about how "cool" they look in these (exclusivity). "Oh look I have exclusives, and you don't..." This could lead to some toxicity in the community. The more I read the thread I've started, the more I feel like the people against just don't want to share the game with others ; which is kind of sad :,(

    You just now seeing that this community is toxic?

  • When a game says an item is exclusive and you can only unlock it in this time period, it means its an exclusive which only the people who got it in that time period can get. Everyone who does not have the cosmetics do NOT deserve them, if you didn't own the game then or you didn't put the time in to earn those cosmetics when they were available is your fault, not the playerbase who earned the cosmetics and its not the developers problem.

    People need to understand what the word EXCLUSIVE means, you can only get the cosmetics ONCE, if you do not get the cosmetics you CAN NOT get them in the future by begging about how you are being treated unfairly.

  • @WelshTomz said:

    When a game says an item is exclusive and you can only unlock it in this time period, it means its an exclusive which only the people who got it in that time period can get. Everyone who does not have the cosmetics do NOT deserve them, if you didn't own the game then or you didn't put the time in to earn those cosmetics when they were available is your fault, not the playerbase who earned the cosmetics and its not the developers problem.

    People need to understand what the word EXCLUSIVE means, you can only get the cosmetics ONCE, if you do not get the cosmetics you CAN NOT get them in the future by begging about how you are being treated unfairly.

    They're making every "exclusive" cosmetic (that has no real monetary value) available for everyone. So the word "exclusive" holds no water.

  • @Katzengott said:

    Funny thing is: As a Huntress main of course i got the Hound Mask, but i rarely wear it.

    I personly don't like the look of it, aesthetic-wise. She looks a bit dump for me with it.

    I feel the debate is also always a bit like: People want what they can't get the most...

    Correct ! I talked about it in one of my previous posts : I really don't like the feeling that I'm not able to collect everything I can get (completionist / OCD / Perfectionist aspect of me). I don't feel the same towards legacy because I didn't even know the game existed when Legacy was a thing. I just feel robbed that I supported the event / the devs / and the players when the event was around and to not be able to be a part of it (minus the Feng Min New Year Polo that is :D) I feel like my discussion is going nowhere :( I should have reacted at the same time as others when half of the community asked for the withdrawal :/

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts ! <3

  • Nah xD I just don't want cosmetics to become a lever of toxicity :)

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893438#Comment_893438

    They're making every "exclusive" cosmetic (that has no real monetary value) available for everyone. So the word "exclusive" holds no water.

    Yep, its because everyone is begging for everything they didn't earn and the devs are giving in because it makes the beggars happy and because it doesn't lose them any money, so its a win win for them. But how entitled people are for exclusive cosmetics which they didn't earn and didn't have to dedicate hours and hours of grinding in game to get it disgusting.

  • @WelshTomz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893440#Comment_893440

    Yep, its because everyone is begging for everything they didn't earn and the devs are giving in because it makes the beggars happy and because it doesn't lose them any money, so its a win win for them. But how entitled people are for exclusive cosmetics which they didn't earn and didn't have to dedicate hours and hours of grinding in game to get it disgusting.

    No, they are doing it because they want to crack down on people selling codes and whole accounts for these skins.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893445#Comment_893445

    No, they are doing it because they want to crack down on people selling codes and whole accounts for these skins.

    Which is arguably a symptom of not listening to those people in the first place.

  • Nope this is and will be a new legacy for 2018 players

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893471#Comment_893471

    Which is arguably a symptom of not listening to those people in the first place.

    ...what?

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893445#Comment_893445

    No, they are doing it because they want to crack down on people selling codes and whole accounts for these skins.

    can you explain how people are selling event cosmetics which do not have a code?

  • If there was no exclusives in the first place there’d be no scams... some people really not see that?

  • @WelshTomz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893471#Comment_893471

    can you explain how people are selling event cosmetics which do not have a code?

    Sell the whole account. Look up on eBay, you'll find some event cosmetic accounts.

  • @Nicholas said:

    Well at the very least they could release those exclusives on Console, since there's no way whatsoever to earn them and there never was. I guess the same could be said about the Legacy set? That's a highly coveted item in the game on PC. Some games that run on multiple platforms treat exclusive different in different regions and on different platforms. Example on North America consoles and item can be ultra exclusive handed out at a convention and that same item could be free in the store for everyone to buy in Europe on Xbox. So I don't know how they wish to handle it and I don't have a dog in this fight so I don't really care. Just offering my thoughts.

    It's not actually true that the cosmetics in question (from the Howling Grounds and Summer BBQ) events were never available on console, since the console release of the game happened months before either event took place, and therefore console players had the opportunity to participate and earn the cosmetics just like those on PC.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893491#Comment_893491

    If there was no exclusives in the first place there’d be no scams... some people really not see that?

    Oh, ok.

    Wasn't sure what you meant

  • I wish bhvr let me transfer my summer bbq cosmetics from console to PC.

  • In my honest opinion, even though I don't use them as much... why should event exclusives be available to everyone at all time?

    There's no reason to call them event cosmetics if everyone can just buy it whenever they want.

    Like for example Warframe has a lot of cosmetics that were only available at a certain time, I have some neat Halloween "Batwings" as shoulder armor from many years ago, and even though I'm not sure if they did return, I'm certain it would be again a limited offer.

    Something you got when you were there, when you participated, when you supported the game. And now just because someone has money they have the right to buy it without ever being there when events really happened?

    Why is everyone so obsessed with buying EVERYTHING in the store? There's like no exclusives anymore in this game, even if you grinded through the Rift well guess what, everything you earned will be available in the ingame store. Yeah sure, some of them are just recolors. Others might not even look cool. But if you earned them with playing the game, putting your time and effort into it, then it feels just dull to see everyone running around with everything you unlocked earlier.

    Exclusives give people the feeling that they accomplished something. Exclusives are meant to stay exclusive, we actually grinded for those, we earned those, even if the task we had to do wasn't much but still it's not okay to give EXCLUSIVES away to everyone. it makes them.. well duh... not exclusive anymore. With the mindset of most people we should just have all cosmetics in the ingame store for auric cells. Don't work for anything in game, just buy it, whatever. People really just don't want to do something for rewards anymore and it's sad.

  • I'm mixed at this point. I feel like they should be earnable by everyone but at the same time it's nice to have SOMETHING that feels more special and unique that not everyone can obtain (the only event item I own is the Kate shirt).

    Regardless, I think at this point anything can happen. I won't be surprised if they stay exclusive forever just as I won't be surprised if they're put in the store. I do think having some type of exclusivity is nice though. Which is why I hope Rift charms will stay exclusive and not be obtainable again.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    I'm mixed at this point. I feel like they should be earnable by everyone but at the same time it's nice to have SOMETHING that feels more special and unique that not everyone can obtain (the only event item I own is the Kate shirt).

    Regardless, I think at this point anything can happen. I won't be surprised if they stay exclusive forever just as I won't be surprised if they're put in the store. I do think having some type of exclusivity is nice though. Which is why I hope Rift charms will stay exclusive and not be obtainable again.

    Rift Charms are confirmed to stay exclusive, same thing can't be said for the cosmetics.

  • What they are doing right now is fine, but they if they put the Event cosmetics in the in-game Store under just an Auric Cell price, I'd be fine with it too.

  • @Mountichan said:

    In my honest opinion, even though I don't use them as much... why should event exclusives be available to everyone at all time?

    There's no reason to call them event cosmetics if everyone can just buy it whenever they want.

    Like for example Warframe has a lot of cosmetics that were only available at a certain time, I have some neat Halloween "Batwings" as shoulder armor from many years ago, and even though I'm not sure if they did return, I'm certain it would be again a limited offer.

    Something you got when you were there, when you participated, when you supported the game. And now just because someone has money they have the right to buy it without ever being there when events really happened?

    Why is everyone so obsessed with buying EVERYTHING in the store? There's like no exclusives anymore in this game, even if you grinded through the Rift well guess what, everything you earned will be available in the ingame store. Yeah sure, some of them are just recolors. Others might not even look cool. But if you earned them with playing the game, putting your time and effort into it, then it feels just dull to see everyone running around with everything you unlocked earlier.

    Exclusives give people the feeling that they accomplished something. Exclusives are meant to stay exclusive, we actually grinded for those, we earned those, even if the task we had to do wasn't much but still it's not okay to give EXCLUSIVES away to everyone. it makes them.. well duh... not exclusive anymore. With the mindset of most people we should just have all cosmetics in the ingame store for auric cells. Don't work for anything in game, just buy it, whatever. People really just don't want to do something for rewards anymore and it's sad.

    Event cosmetics are bs in other games too. No need to bring them up.

    Just an excuse to go "I have this because I happened to be playing at the time it was given away, I am so awesome! Look at my pixels!!!"

  • @JakConstantine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890127#Comment_890127

    I know what you mean, but what about the Switch and Mobile players? They deserve a chance.

    I understand what you are saying but i also didn't have a chance for Legacy. I'm not out here asking for an option to buy Legacy because that is wrong.


  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893624#Comment_893624

    Event cosmetics are bs in other games too. No need to bring them up.

    Just an excuse to go "I have this because I happened to be playing at the time it was given away, I am so awesome! Look at my pixels!!!"

    You really don't get the point. With how people justify they "deserve" these cosmetics we might as well just bring back legacy for everyone. Because, that's what you all are saying right? Since it's the other peoples fault for playing this game so early, right? Yeah heck them, let's give everoyne legacy. After all they were just cosmetics you kinda grinded no big deal haha 1080 Auric Cells per Set right?

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890372#Comment_890372

    You had to hook someone on a special hook or complete a special gen that wasn't any harder to complete than normal. Wow, such skill. Not anything you could do by just playing the game as normal.

    While i agree you didn't have to do anything special. The problem was event offerings early on didn't work, coins were not being accumulated, special hooks were broke(this was before they couldn't be or every hook was an event), the special gens would get camped or hard patrolled just to deny players. Some of these events were toxic ######### shows, which is why future events got changed.

  • @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893823#Comment_893823

    You really don't get the point. With how people justify they "deserve" these cosmetics we might as well just bring back legacy for everyone. Because, that's what you all are saying right? Since it's the other peoples fault for playing this game so early, right? Yeah heck them, let's give everoyne legacy. After all they were just cosmetics you kinda grinded no big deal haha 1080 Auric Cells per Set right?

    That's not what people are saying.

    There's 2 issues here.

    1- bhvr said they would release it to all, then went back on their word. What's stopping them from going back on their word on other things?

    2 - their own policy about event exclusives is that they will all be avaiable at the store. So what makes these 4 so special that they get a different treatment?


    Making strawmans out of people just make you look like an #########. Don't do that.


  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893848#Comment_893848

    That's not what people are saying.

    There's 2 issues here.

    1- bhvr said they would release it to all, then went back on their word. What's stopping them from going back on their word on other things?

    2 - their own policy about event exclusives is that they will all be avaiable at the store. So what makes these 4 so special that they get a different treatment?

    Making strawmans out of people just make you look like an #########. Don't do that.


    Because it is not fair to hand out things that were meant to be exclusive. And they noticed that. The community gave them feedback on how these 4 cosmetics were a symbol of you playing the game way before cells, event items in the shop and so on.


    By the time these event cosmetics were released there was no ingame shop. These 4 are an exception because they are out of a time where the "event items will be in a shop" rule wasn't even thought of.

  • @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893873#Comment_893873

    Because it is not fair to hand out things that were meant to be exclusive. And they noticed that. The community gave them feedback on how these 4 cosmetics were a symbol of you playing the game way before cells, event items in the shop and so on.

    By the time these event cosmetics were released there was no ingame shop. These 4 are an exception because they are out of a time where the "event items will be in a shop" rule wasn't even thought of.

    It is a rule now. So why can't they be at the store?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893887#Comment_893887

    It is a rule now. So why can't they be at the store?

    Because I just said these 4 were never meant to be in the ingame store. The rule applies to the hallowed blight items, as that's the set of outfits where everything began.

1 2 3 4