Petition for a Compromise regarding the withdrawal of the 4 event cosmetics.

Dear community,

As you probably know, update 3.4.0 was supposed to come with a whole bunch of exclusive cosmetics including 4 very special cosmetics : The Huntress' Hound Mask / David King's New Year Donkey / Kate Denson's Free Song Bird Top / Hillbilly's Pro-pain Hammer.

2 of these cosmetics were from the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year event.

2 of these cosmetics were from the Summer BBQ event.

As of the release of update 3.4.0, the devs have decided to withdraw these 4 cosmetics from the batch they were giving us for free because the players that earned them fair and square during the event didn't feel satisfied that they would just be given for free to everyone (which is TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE). I would have done the same.

I am however disappointed to not be able to get these cosmetics. I have been following this game since shortly before the Halloween Chapter came out (I discovered the game on YouTube). At the time, my computer was an Acer Aspire V5 (try to run DBD on that !). Furthermore, I didn't have the necessary revenues to afford Dead By Daylight or any of its content.

Still, I was following the game because I felt like it deserved to grow (and look where its come).

I was up all night to see the 10 000 000 th coin added to the counter for Feng Min's New Year polo and I was so happy that the player base at that time had teamed up to earn something together !

I personally think that some of us who didn't get the cosmetics deserve them as well as the players who put all their efforts in the game at the time of the events.

This is why I came up with this COMPROMISE :

When update 2.0.0 released, the devs opened the in-game Store, allowing us to buy cosmetics and DLCs for Auric Cells or Iridescent Shards. Their goal (and you can check back their 2.0.0 dev stream on YouTube) was to make sure that there was a way for players to grind points to access content rather than making everything cost money. However, they were aware that some people weren't into grinding points and they made everything affordable for real money as well to give you the choice (Farm or Pay).

As of today, most of the events cosmetics are available in the in-game Store (Hallowed Blight, Hallowed Catalyst, Moonrise, Ugly Sweaters (wasn't an event but the sweaters were seasonal outfits) and even the All Hallow's Eve event included the nurse's pumpkin head cosmetic that was handed out for free).

WHAT I WANT (and probably others) : I would like the 4 withdrawed cosmetics to be in the in-game Store, in accordance to what the devs intended to do with their game in the 2.0.0 update. Of course, to be FAIR : I would also like all these cosmetics to be worth Auric Cells ONLY (as the other events cosmetics are).

Please, if you feel like this compromise is worth it, rate this post up. It would help me a lot :'D

Let us all keep the game fair and give everyone even chances of obtaining what others achieved in the past. Even if we are late to these events, us joining the game (and I've only been playing since June 2019) means that we are also contributing to the player base growth and we shouldn't be left aside.

Hear us out !

If you've been reading all the way, congratulations and thank you !

Best Regards,

MrGolden32467

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893897#Comment_893897

    Because I just said these 4 were never meant to be in the ingame store. The rule applies to the hallowed blight items, as that's the set of outfits where everything began.

    And they stated they want to avoid exclusives as much as possible( with legacy being the exception). And that event cosmetics will be at the store so you can get it if you missed the event.

    You can keep saying "the store wasn't around before" but that's not an excuse. This is their policy now, so they should follow it.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893848#Comment_893848

    That's not what people are saying.

    There's 2 issues here.

    1- bhvr said they would release it to all, then went back on their word. What's stopping them from going back on their word on other things?

    2 - their own policy about event exclusives is that they will all be avaiable at the store. So what makes these 4 so special that they get a different treatment?

    Making strawmans out of people just make you look like an #########. Don't do that.

    One could equally argue that they went back on their word to those who put in the effort to earn "exclusive" cosmetics by making them non-exclusive in the first place. But that's a little beside the point.

    By the logic you're presenting, any time they revert a balance change based on community feedback is also going back on their word. And I hope we can both agree that that's really not the case.

  • c...can we just ask them to fix their absurdly broken game?

    Cosmetics can take it in the face. The quality of the game needs improving. This community reminds me of Bebe's Kids.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893900#Comment_893900

    And they stated they want to avoid exclusives as much as possible( with legacy being the exception). And that event cosmetics will be at the store so you can get it if you missed the event.

    You can keep saying "the store wasn't around before" but that's not an excuse. This is their policy now, so they should follow it.

    That is their policy NOW which they follow with every NEW event item they release.

    And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it. They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this. End of story, that's basically it. No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893873#Comment_893873

    One could equally argue that they went back on their word to those who put in the effort to earn "exclusive" cosmetics by making them non-exclusive in the first place. But that's a little beside the point.

    By the logic you're presenting, any time they revert a balance change based on community feedback is also going back on their word. And I hope we can both agree that that's really not the case.

    Because updates to the game engine and mechanics are expected. It's not the same.

  • @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893917#Comment_893917

    That is their policy NOW which they follow with every NEW event item they release.

    And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it. They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this. End of story, that's basically it. No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs.

    If there's no grounds for discussion, ######### are you even doing here?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893930#Comment_893930

    If there's no grounds for discussion, ######### are you even doing here?

    Exactly, now you don't even know what to write anymore but before I said there's no ground for discussion you insisted on those 4 being in the ingame store.

    Have a nice day.

  • @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893941#Comment_893941

    Exactly, now you don't even know what to write anymore but before I said there's no ground for discussion you insisted on those 4 being in the ingame store.

    Have a nice day.

    ...what?

    Do you actually think you made any point here? Because that comment was so badly written I think the mouse from avengers endgame typed it.

    There's no need for me to add anything, you might like to repeat yourself in every comment, but I rather not.

    But if you really want a more elaborate answer, I'll give you one.

    @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893917#Comment_893917

    That is their policy NOW which they follow with every NEW event item they release.

    And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it. They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this. End of story, that's basically it. No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs.

    Yes. And they should be consistent with the previous items aswell. You have yet to give any good reason why that would be a problem.

    "And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it."

    You know, I was wrong. You had poor sentence making all along, not just the last comment.

    Now, let me make my point better by putting CERTAIN WORDS on all caps. Yes, that's BETTER.

    And there is grounds for a discussion, and you yourself is engaged in said discussion. So either actually listen to the other side or do leave as you pretended to do in the end of your newest comment.

    "They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this"

    Correct, which is why we are asking for them to be put in the store like every other event cosmetic.

    Or are you too dense to realize that we aren't asking them to be hand out for free?

    "No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs"

    Don't put words on the devs mouths boy, they never said anything about these 4 cosmetics in regards to their policy.

    No need to put policy in quotation marks either. It's a policy, should be treated as such.

  • I would t mind paying for them. I just want them.

  • EXCLUSIVE. Get it in your head, the Devs are already giving you everything else you want, the only thing you don't have is event cosmetics that people EARNED by playing for hours and hours. What other game does this?? Imagine if fortnite said, hey guy as an early Christmas present we are giving everyone every skin in the season 1 battle pass because some idiots are getting scammed. LOL, this is laughable that people have this level of entitlement for exclusive cosmetics which they did NOT EARN.

  • @MrGolden32467 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891393#Comment_891393

    Thank you for sharing :D

    I would add that it is not the fairest solution. If it was indeed, then no one would complain about it. This is why I'm proposing a compromise, to give out an idea of how to make everyone happy.

    People who grinded the cosmetics feel like they put a lot of time into them ; and its true !

    People who haven't gotten the skins and that want them should be able to get them with Auric Cells.

    Both ways would mean there is a significance. Significance in the first one because time was put into it. Significance in the second one because real money was put into it. In both ways you are conscious of the impact of your decisions : will you grind and spend a lot of time to get it free ? or will you actually spend a portion of you salary (including money you could use to go out with friends or buy yourself a meal) to get them ?

    I think this decision and choice is the fairest option :D

    Still I respect everyone's honest opinions as long as the are not rude about them, so once again I thank you for adding your thoughts to this thread :)

    Honestly Im just not okay with your idea of a compromise. Many players who have these cosmetics just feel bad when some get stuff for free when they themselves had to grind for.

    Its not a cosmetic aspect. honestly these cosmetics dont look so good. Its just the time they spent to grind for them and so they are exclusive. Imo a better compromise would be to bring it back in an event where you get the possibility to earn them like others did back then. Then I wouldnt mind.

  • @WelshTomz said:

    EXCLUSIVE. Get it in your head, the Devs are already giving you everything else you want, the only thing you don't have is event cosmetics that people EARNED by playing for hours and hours. What other game does this?? Imagine if fortnite said, hey guy as an early Christmas present we are giving everyone every skin in the season 1 battle pass because some idiots are getting scammed. LOL, this is laughable that people have this level of entitlement for exclusive cosmetics which they did NOT EARN.

    Honestly I wouldn't mind if they gave everyone Season 1 skins from Fortnite, even though I grinded until Tier 100 myself back then.

    Why? Because they're just skins. They have no real value.

  • I put som mutch time in for those cosmetics and event cosmetics are supose to NEVER come back if they release those to everyone might aswell give everyone legacy

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891240#Comment_891240

    It's selfish because you already earned them and feel you should deny other players access to them. Like what difference does it make to you really? You got to have exclusive access to the skins for well over a year, that's more than enough to compensate you for your time.

    Those who werent here to play during that time frame should understand that they werent playing the game nearly 2 years ago.... and therefore it shouldnt be that important to have the cosmetics... when you look at it from that perspective, it seems that those players who want the cosmetics are way more entitled...

  • @MrGolden32467 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891393#Comment_891393

    Thank you for sharing :D

    I would add that it is not the fairest solution. If it was indeed, then no one would complain about it. This is why I'm proposing a compromise, to give out an idea of how to make everyone happy.

    People who grinded the cosmetics feel like they put a lot of time into them ; and its true !

    People who haven't gotten the skins and that want them should be able to get them with Auric Cells.

    Both ways would mean there is a significance. Significance in the first one because time was put into it. Significance in the second one because real money was put into it. In both ways you are conscious of the impact of your decisions : will you grind and spend a lot of time to get it free ? or will you actually spend a portion of you salary (including money you could use to go out with friends or buy yourself a meal) to get them ?

    I think this decision and choice is the fairest option :D

    Still I respect everyone's honest opinions as long as the are not rude about them, so once again I thank you for adding your thoughts to this thread :)

    So your point is, it isnt fair because people complain? I dont get that sry.

    Also the point of a compromise is not to make everyone happy. thats pure fiction.

    I dont know if you ever played another online game with a cosmetic feature. There are always exklusives you just dont get because you missed a season, an event or just started too late. Why should you be able to get exclusives in dbd all the time?

    also in your kind of compromise only one side gets benefits. If you can purchase these exclusives in the store its only good for ppl who dont have this stuff. whats the deal for the others? What do they get out of it if its a compromise? they only get the feeling: wow i grinded for it others can just buy it or whatsoever.

    Your idea is nice but only for one side. All you want are these exclusives but for what reason? Just to be able to have them? sounds pretty millenial

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894035#Comment_894035

    Honestly I wouldn't mind if they gave everyone Season 1 skins from Fortnite, even though I grinded until Tier 100 myself back then.

    Why? Because they're just skins. They have no real value.

    What is your definition of exclusive?

  • @Jonathanskilz said:

    I put som mutch time in for those cosmetics and event cosmetics are supose to NEVER come back if they release those to everyone might aswell give everyone legacy

    @WelshTomz said:

    EXCLUSIVE. Get it in your head, the Devs are already giving you everything else you want, the only thing you don't have is event cosmetics that people EARNED by playing for hours and hours. What other game does this?? Imagine if fortnite said, hey guy as an early Christmas present we are giving everyone every skin in the season 1 battle pass because some idiots are getting scammed. LOL, this is laughable that people have this level of entitlement for exclusive cosmetics which they did NOT EARN.

    @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893917#Comment_893917

    That is their policy NOW which they follow with every NEW event item they release.

    And as they have CLEARLY stated they are NOT giving out the 4 items to everyone for already mentioned reasons there is literally no ground for any discussion about it. They reverted it for those 4 because they knew it would be huge mistake to hand them out just like this. End of story, that's basically it. No matter how much you insist on this "policy" for event items, those 4 items are NOT included as stated by the devs.

    @Mountichan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893873#Comment_893873

    Because it is not fair to hand out things that were meant to be exclusive. And they noticed that. The community gave them feedback on how these 4 cosmetics were a symbol of you playing the game way before cells, event items in the shop and so on.

    By the time these event cosmetics were released there was no ingame shop. These 4 are an exception because they are out of a time where the "event items will be in a shop" rule wasn't even thought of.

    OK STOP.

    You guys have to STOP comparing Legacy and Event cosmetics. It's getting old. Legacy was not an event ! It was a way to thank people for supporting the game in its early years. The two other events are events that took place before the in-game Store opened. Does that mean that the cosmetics shouldn't be available like all the other event skins they created ? It just... doesn't make sense ? You know ? Right now, people might as well keep selling their entire accounts for people to get these 4 exclusives. And what does Fortnite have to do with all of this ?! Running out of comparisons ? Seriously ???

    And don't even get me started with this thread again : my IDEA was that we found a COMPROMISE... TOGETHER as to make everyone HAPPY. Unfortunately, I was too gullible. And I thought I could "save the day", make things change and help people to all be happy.

    This thread had started off nicely with positive feedback.

    I had a SINGLE question : Compromise ? Yes or No ? Is it good ? Would it need readjustements ?

    What has it become ? A mess of illogical arguments and a flock of hatred between the different parties... This whole discussion just doesn't make any sense anymore. The same arguments come back over and over and over... Don't you ever get tired ? "The Store didn't exist before" / "You're not entitled to them" /// "You're selfish" / "Policy should apply to earlier cosmetics".

    I wrongly thought I could set common ground.

    It's fine, keep your exclusives to yourselves and feel happy that you kept them away from our "grabby little hands" (-Mathieu Cote). I hope this changed your life and that you feel good about yourselves. We'll just keep sharing and caring and create social connections while you have fun alone with your "exclusives". Then, in 80 years, when you'll all be pretty much deceased and that the cosmetics have gone forever, I hope you feel glad once more.

    Maybe others will try what I attempted, but I can't keep wasting my time here.

    Hope this long thread was useful to some of you guys <3

    Love you all,

    MrGolden32467

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893324#Comment_893324

    So your point is, it isnt fair because people complain? I dont get that sry.

    Also the point of a compromise is not to make everyone happy. thats pure fiction.

    I dont know if you ever played another online game with a cosmetic feature. There are always exklusives you just dont get because you missed a season, an event or just started too late. Why should you be able to get exclusives in dbd all the time?

    also in your kind of compromise only one side gets benefits. If you can purchase these exclusives in the store its only good for ppl who dont have this stuff. whats the deal for the others? What do they get out of it if its a compromise? they only get the feeling: wow i grinded for it others can just buy it or whatsoever.

    Your idea is nice but only for one side. All you want are these exclusives but for what reason? Just to be able to have them? sounds pretty millenial

    Pardon my ambiguous arguments.

    It is double sided :

    -"Oh great ! I got these cosmetics for free because I grinded ! Guess the others will have to pay for it."

    -"Oh great ! I missed out on the event but I guess I can still get the skins if I pay for them."

    Besides, and this will be my final word on this thread :

    The devs have stated that the Rift cosmetics are Exclusives but they will be released in the Store in 1 year time for those who missed out. Which gives a full year of bragging about the cool cosmetics you grinded. I'm already Tier 70 in the Rift, and I don't see why others couldn't also get the outfits from the rift in one year. The events took place in 2017 and 2018 (it's been over a year for both). People have time to show off their mad grinding skills, but I just want a Wolf Mask and a New Year David Jacket (and others want a hammer and a kate top). So why would you have an amazing Wolf Mask that no one can get and me tons of Rift cosmetics that'll be released in a year ?? You see what I mean ?

    My SECOND COMPROMISE : If you can't sell the exclusives - make RECOLORS ! Just like Dweard etc. had Ultra Rare recolors !

    Would that work ? (Oh and SELL the recolors in Auric Cells to add up the compromises).

    Appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts with everyone <3

    Stay Awesome,

    MrGolden32467

  • @MandyTalk

    Dear MandyTalk,

    Sorry for disturbing you at this time,

    I think this thread should be closed. And I don't know how to close my own thread. That's embarrassing...

    Could you please tell me if its possible to close a thread ? If so, how can I do it ?

    Thank you for patience,

    Kind Regards,

    MrGolden32467

  • @MrGolden32467 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894053#Comment_894053

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894035#Comment_894035

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893930#Comment_893930

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893887#Comment_893887

    OK STOP.

    You guys have to STOP comparing Legacy and Event cosmetics. It's getting old. Legacy was not an event ! It was a way to thank people for supporting the game in its early years. The two other events are events that took place before the in-game Store opened. Does that mean that the cosmetics shouldn't be available like all the other event skins they created ? It just... doesn't make sense ? You know ? Right now, people might as well keep selling their entire accounts for people to get these 4 exclusives. And what does Fortnite have to do with all of this ?! Running out of comparisons ? Seriously ???

    And don't even get me started with this thread again : my IDEA was that we found a COMPROMISE... TOGETHER as to make everyone HAPPY. Unfortunately, I was too gullible. And I thought I could "save the day", make things change and help people to all be happy.

    This thread had started off nicely with positive feedback.

    I had a SINGLE question : Compromise ? Yes or No ? Is it good ? Would it need readjustements ?

    What has it become ? A mess of illogical arguments and a flock of hatred between the different parties... This whole discussion just doesn't make any sense anymore. The same arguments come back over and over and over... Don't you ever get tired ? "The Store didn't exist before" / "You're not entitled to them" /// "You're selfish" / "Policy should apply to earlier cosmetics".

    I wrongly thought I could set common ground.

    It's fine, keep your exclusives to yourselves and feel happy that you kept them away from our "grabby little hands" (-Mathieu Cote). I hope this changed your life and that you feel good about yourselves. We'll just keep sharing and caring and create social connections while you have fun alone with your "exclusives". Then, in 80 years, when you'll all be pretty much deceased and that the cosmetics have gone forever, I hope you feel glad once more.

    Maybe others will try what I attempted, but I can't keep wasting my time here.

    Hope this long thread was useful to some of you guys <3

    Love you all,

    MrGolden32467

    Incase you don't understand what we are all saying is that we DO NOT want a compromise, you do not deserve the cosmetics since you did not earn them. Get over yourself and stop being so entitled.

  • @MrGolden32467 said:

    Dear community,

    As you probably know, update 3.4.0 was supposed to come with a whole bunch of exclusive cosmetics including 4 very special cosmetics : The Huntress' Hound Mask / David King's New Year Donkey / Kate Denson's Free Song Bird Top / Hillbilly's Pro-pain Hammer.

    2 of these cosmetics were from the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year event.

    2 of these cosmetics were from the Summer BBQ event.

    As of the release of update 3.4.0, the devs have decided to withdraw these 4 cosmetics from the batch they were giving us for free because the players that earned them fair and square during the event didn't feel satisfied that they would just be given for free to everyone (which is TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE). I would have done the same.

    I am however disappointed to not be able to get these cosmetics. I have been following this game since shortly before the Halloween Chapter came out (I discovered the game on YouTube). At the time, my computer was an Acer Aspire V5 (try to run DBD on that !). Furthermore, I didn't have the necessary revenues to afford Dead By Daylight or any of its content.

    Still, I was following the game because I felt like it deserved to grow (and look where its come).

    I was up all night to see the 10 000 000 th coin added to the counter for Feng Min's New Year polo and I was so happy that the player base at that time had teamed up to earn something together !

    I personally think that some of us who didn't get the cosmetics deserve them as well as the players who put all their efforts in the game at the time of the events.

    This is why I came up with this COMPROMISE :

    When update 2.0.0 released, the devs opened the in-game Store, allowing us to buy cosmetics and DLCs for Auric Cells or Iridescent Shards. Their goal (and you can check back their 2.0.0 dev stream on YouTube) was to make sure that there was a way for players to grind points to access content rather than making everything cost money. However, they were aware that some people weren't into grinding points and they made everything affordable for real money as well to give you the choice (Farm or Pay).

    As of today, most of the events cosmetics are available in the in-game Store (Hallowed Blight, Hallowed Catalyst, Moonrise, Ugly Sweaters (wasn't an event but the sweaters were seasonal outfits) and even the All Hallow's Eve event included the nurse's pumpkin head cosmetic that was handed out for free).

    WHAT I WANT (and probably others) : I would like the 4 withdrawed cosmetics to be in the in-game Store, in accordance to what the devs intended to do with their game in the 2.0.0 update. Of course, to be FAIR : I would also like all these cosmetics to be worth Auric Cells ONLY (as the other events cosmetics are).

    Please, if you feel like this compromise is worth it, rate this post up. It would help me a lot :'D

    Let us all keep the game fair and give everyone even chances of obtaining what others achieved in the past. Even if we are late to these events, us joining the game (and I've only been playing since June 2019) means that we are also contributing to the player base growth and we shouldn't be left aside.

    Hear us out !

    If you've been reading all the way, congratulations and thank you !

    Best Regards,

    MrGolden32467

    I'm fine with them being put in the store for actual auric cells and not shards. That way those of us that earned them dont feel that everyone else who didn't put in the time and effort to grind for them get them for free. They actually have to spend hard earned money for them.

  • @MrGolden32467 said:

    @MandyTalk

    Dear MandyTalk,

    Sorry for disturbing you at this time,

    I think this thread should be closed. And I don't know how to close my own thread. That's embarrassing...

    Could you please tell me if its possible to close a thread ? If so, how can I do it ?

    Thank you for patience,

    Kind Regards,

    MrGolden32467

    It's not possible to close your own thread. You did the right thing by tagging a mod to do it. I also flagged the thread just in case Mandy isn't around and one of the other mods is able to step in and fulfill your request.

    You seem like a very nice person, I'm genuinely sorry your lovely thread went downhill like this 🙁

  • Closed as asked by OP.

1 2 3 4 ›