Nurse is truly dead if no one plays her

I hardly see any nurse player after the update.

What's the meaning of "best killer in the game" if no one plays her, let alone using her to full potential?

If the nerf is that insignificant, and she still can 4k with ease, just need to wait for extra 3 sec each chase, then why no one plays her?

So i think nurse is dead, like the game dies

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817091#Comment_817091

    The answer is that ALL killers should be viable, without being forced to used single use items.

    How about we make toolboxes, or survivor add-ons, single use too? and then gimp the ever living hell out of repair speed so you REQUIRE a toolbox to have a chance.

    Seems fair to me

    This is my biggest thing. Add ons are 1 time use for killers barring a black ward. I dislike grinding more bloodwebs than I need to to get my preferred perks, as those points are better spent on someone else. As a result I’m super stingy with my add ons...they’re a special treat for myself now and then. Any killer who severely underperforms without them I don’t play much.

    Nurse WAS the best killer for me because add ons were often detrimental to your muscle memory. You didn’t want the add ons, so I had my perks and I was good to use her and spend points on all my other killers. The fact I’ve seen multiple people say “with the right add ons she feels like old add on-less Nurse” is more or less a hammer blow into never using her again for me...she’s become add on dependent. The couple games I tried playing her vanilla felt really awkward (99% blink...ugh...), and I felt embarrassed to be using my prestige 3 outfit. I got to rank 1 with her multiple times in the past, can’t imagine putting up with her that long now...

  • @prettyf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817047#Comment_817047

    most people in dbd not reached theoretical skill cap of nurse but they, no, we all killed most rounds and we all knew it

    so nurse "main" players, they never had chance to test how decently skilled before this nerf

    because it didn't matter before, personally i did all killed like 90% after 5h practice of nurse

    now i don't think that easy but still thinking better than spirit but, much harder than spirit

    this is better than billy vs spirit, because billy is harder than spirit but weaker than spirit

    so i think nurse became fair right now

    remember this question

    what killer viable without addons?

    (spirit)

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/816641#Comment_816641

    I'm on pc, i can imagine what consoles look like right now..

    I was a console nurse main. I’ve played her so much since her change. She’s just... she’s not as fun and it doesn’t feel so awarding anymore. It’s not that she isn’t a good killer still, but she doesn’t feel great. For me it’s just as much fun to play her as it is to camp someone in the basement. I’ve seen 2 other nurses since the update vise versa to how it was prior on console. We had many nurses. It’s a dying group of people on console sadly

  • @TooKoolFoU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/816646#Comment_816646

    I was a console nurse main. I’ve played her so much since her change. She’s just... she’s not as fun and it doesn’t feel so awarding anymore. It’s not that she isn’t a good killer still, but she doesn’t feel great. For me it’s just as much fun to play her as it is to camp someone in the basement. I’ve seen 2 other nurses since the update vise versa to how it was prior on console. We had many nurses. It’s a dying group of people on console sadly

    it will be lowest kill rate + lowest pick rate for nurse for console

    which means not strong + not fun

  • I've played against one at rank 5, and got hit once in that match.

  • Bring back old base nurse, remove extra blinks and omega for new addons, that dont make her an m1 115 killer. Then fix spirit and swfs.

  • it's funny to see people actually saying that 3 secs is not a big deal..

  • On PC the dedicated servers are messing her up bad from what I'm seeing.

    On console you almost never saw a Nurse before, but now I actually know a few people who started playing her because she's easier to learn now. They're killing everyone 🙃

    tl;dr Dedicated servers are the issue, Nurse is fine balance state, just unfun (but she kinda was before imo)

  • I play on xbox and no one plays her anyway, but since the nerf shes such a joke lol. I want to say ive only seen 2 since the rework and they were both bullied by the other 3 survivors with no hooks.

    I felt so bad i sent messages to both telling them that nurse is by far the hardest killer to play. The one time i played her the same thing basically happened to me but i was never good as her even before the nerf.

  • Nurse takes time to master. Behaviour must have some analytics where they can tell how much people are playing the game and their ages. This affects how much you can learn about Nurse.

    For me, on PC, a play very little. So I suck as nurse, billy, huntress... all of the ones that demand more skill and time to master.

    My friend has like 3000 hours and is pretty much a god with Nurse.

    So bottom line is, she is strong. People just don't wanna take the time to learn how to use her.

  • @theArashi said:

    I wouldn't say she is dead but I when I play her I have to really focus and push myself.

    I still can do well against the best survivors but what's the point? I can play my trapper and get similar result and if survivors want to finish the game in 5 minutes and escape with keys then I can't do anything about it.

    She is the most taxing killer for me with not much payoff.

    Yea Nurse requires a bunch of skill to play and you need to be stressing to pay attention and predict a ton, all to get around the same reward as just playing spirit. There's no reward anymore and no real reason for anyone to learn Nurse as long as they have Spirit unlocked. Spirit is easier, less stressful to play and gives more or less the same reward.

  • Nurses that used Ruin with her cry she is dead. People that were actually good with her still down people with ease, only takes couple more seconds now.


    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504856278?t=00h08m53s

    Vod from Zubats yesterdays stream. First Nurse game starts at 00h08m53s and people still drop like flies.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Nothing else in the game is as blatantly strong as Nurse and Spirit. Nurse mains still had the option to abandon ship in protest over to the next most broken thing. I reckon once she gets nerfed we'll see a healthier spread overall, including both of them.

    You're missing the point: if it isn't fun no one is going to play. She was fun before, AND rewarding. It felt GOOD to play her and your hardwork of learning her and planning every move in game ad payoff. Now it's just a ######### chore to do anything at all.

    Also, Nurse and Spirit might be (have been in Nurse cry) powerful, Nurse was MECHANICALLY challenging as well as mentally. Spirit is much easier to use mechanical wise, as she relies mostly on mental tactics to get hits.

    Can you guess which one is way harder to learn and didn't need a god awful cooldown on it?

  • @Laakeri said:

    Nurses that used Ruin with her cry she is dead. People that were actually good with her still down people with ease, only takes couple more seconds now.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504856278?t=00h08m53s

    Vod from Zubats yesterdays stream. First Nurse game starts at 00h08m53s and people still drop like flies.

    I already said she might still be best killer, but no one is playing her anymore. A killer that no one wants to play is a dead killer, regardless how strong she can be

    Why would you want to torture yourself to play the killer that isn't fun at all? Why would you want to spend so much time just to master ONE unfun killer to reach her full potential?

    Not everyone has 3k hours in-game

  • @Laakeri said:

    Nurses that used Ruin with her cry she is dead. People that were actually good with her still down people with ease, only takes couple more seconds now.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504856278?t=00h08m53s

    Vod from Zubats yesterdays stream. First Nurse game starts at 00h08m53s and people still drop like flies.

    Survivor skill never comes into play am I right? Love the generalization.

    From a non-ruin Nurse main who doesn't run addons and actualy plays at high ranks.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817542#Comment_817542

    I already said she might still be best killer, but no one is playing her anymore. A killer that no one wants to play is a dead killer, regardless how strong she can be

    Why would you want to torture yourself to play the killer that isn't fun at all? Why would you want to spend so much time just to master ONE unfun killer to reach her full potential?

    Not everyone has 3k hours in-game

    Exactly. I could relearn her. My third game as her I was practically as effective as I used to be. Doesn’t change the fact it was extremely frustrating and unfun to play, so why should I bother?

  • lots of comments here sounds like nurse got nerfed her blink range or lunge

    but nope, those still there until you hit or miss someone


    this character should not viable with average skilled players at firstplace because ignoring any rules of chase


    this character overused, super overpowered for year and everyone used because of how easy to play like myself

    now? its hard, and should be hard because still strong

    or else this character having wrong designed like devs said

    so should be rework like freddy if many people doesn't happy about it

  • @OmegaXII said:

    it's funny to see people actually saying that 3 secs is not a big deal..

    Ikr? Or the typical sentence "good nurses will still destroy and will have no issue"

    Just shows either entitled survivor mains or simply someone who has 0 clue about how nurse works and performs on the highest level.

  • @prettyf said:

    lots of comments here sounds like nurse got nerfed her blink range or lunge

    but nope, those still there until you hit or miss someone

    this character should not viable with average skilled players at firstplace because ignoring any rules of chase

    this character overused, super overpowered for year and everyone used because of how easy to play like myself

    now? its hard, and should be hard because still strong

    or else this character having wrong designed like devs said

    so should be rework like freddy if many people doesn't happy about it

    super overpowered? easy to play? were you playing omega blink or 5 blink?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817668#Comment_817668

    super overpowered? easy to play? were you playing omega blink or 5 blink?

    i played nurse with range build or 2 yellow 3blink based

    doesn't need any more blinks than 2 if range increased from basekit

    never used any mori

  • i guess devs will look into her in another 3 years...

  • @prettyf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817693#Comment_817693

    i played nurse with range build or 2 yellow 3blink based

    doesn't need any more blinks than 2 if range increased from basekit

    never used any mori

    that explains.. we're talking about base nurse with no add-ons here. Base nurse was fine, not op like people claims

  • @OmegaXII I'm bit confused. She suddenly became boring after she got balanced?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817718#Comment_817718

    that explains.. we're talking about base nurse with no add-ons here. Base nurse was fine, not op like people claims

    basekit was mega op, because no one play killer without addons and that base nurse were already better than other killers most powerful addons


    nurse always used like people threw their conscience and seek all kill every rounds, doesn't mean its not op, it was broken as hell


    base nurse is fine=same as i don't have skill

  • @Laakeri said:

    @OmegaXII I'm bit confused. She suddenly became boring after she got balanced?

    try to play as her, and you will understand. play her at red rank if possible


  • @Laakeri said:

    @OmegaXII I'm bit confused. She suddenly became boring after she got balanced?

    still its one of most powerful killer tho just people abused it all the time while playing dbd doesn't adapting "top tier" balance,


    it was godlike so they thought they were good at it, i never did because i had conscience and still having it

  • @prettyf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817731#Comment_817731

    basekit was mega op, because no one play killer without addons and that base nurse were already better than other killers most powerful addons

    nurse always used like people threw their conscience and seek all kill every rounds, doesn't mean its not op, it was broken as hell

    base nurse is fine=same as i don't have skill

    "no one play killer without add-ons"

    you're gonna trigger a lot of people. i'm the one who plays without add-ons. in fact, many nurse player played without any add-ons.

    While i agree she is op with add-ons, that doesn't mean her basekit is op. Majority of people are happy those add-ons are gone, but not with the basekit change

    "base nurse is fine=same as i don't have skill"

    tell that to nurse player

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817758#Comment_817758

    "no one play killer without add-ons"

    you're gonna trigger a lot of people. i'm the one who plays without add-ons. in fact, many nurse player played without any add-ons.

    While i agree she is op with add-ons, that doesn't mean her basekit is op. Majority of people are happy those add-ons are gone, but not with the basekit change

    "base nurse is fine=same as i don't have skill"

    tell that to nurse player

    nurse used people now using spirit because spirit is much easier and nurse is not showing significantly better than spirit right now, thats all


    still i think nurse is slightly better than spirit if playing nurse not hurting my eyes lol


    i think you misunderstood whats the balance is


    nurse itself was one simbol of abused poorly balanced free won all the time,

    its now gone and normalized like legion purple tape, theres nothing wrong


    also keys must destroyed from now on


    and i think all killers basekit is weak

  • @prettyf

    I play every killer without addons with the exception of Moldy Electrode on Doctor. If I happen to 4k with these killers it must mean they are OP and in need of "slight tweaks" to make them more fair and fun to play against.

    Nothing to do with my skill with the killer or the skill of the survivors.

  • @Laakeri said:

    @OmegaXII I'm bit confused. She suddenly became boring after she got balanced?

    I'm confused too. Most of the complaints here are just that addonless Nurse is no longer fun to play.

    But what part of her change made her unfun to play? How does her blink cooldown make her gameplay less fun?


  • @Mr_K said:

    @prettyf

    I play every killer without addons with the exception of Moldy Electrode on Doctor. If I happen to 4k with these killers it must mean they are OP and in need of "slight tweaks" to make them more fair and fun to play against.

    Nothing to do with my skill with the killer or the skill of the survivors.

    i def sure one thing

    if umbra lived in korea or near the korea she must looking for double wind up or red hatchet every rounds,

    and if you all killed without addons least half of survivors were lemmings you luckly found, if that basekit wasn't old nurse

  • nurses in general have always been a rare sight for me.

    now that she got nerfed, i imagine many mediocre nurses dont want to play her anymore since "nurse is now dead", even though she just requires some more training now.

    i'll be fair here and say that they probaply did kill nurse for nurse players who were new to her / made her a lot less attractive for said new players.

    there are still nurse players out there who can destroy full teams with ease. the thing i noticed with those players is though, that they dont really want to play her anymore and rather play other killers, since they are eigther more fun or more challenging.


    nurse was never really that "super fun" killer to play, since you got stunned all the time and had to wait over and over, now with that extra 3 seconds of waiting, her gameplay just became even more unfun. that does not mean she is "dead" or she is "too weak", she is still the strongest to play - just a lot less fun.

  • @prettyf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817829#Comment_817829

    i def sure one thing

    if umbra lived in korea or near the korea she must looking for double wind up or red hatchet every rounds,

    and if you all killed without addons least half of survivors were lemmings you luckly found, if that basekit wasn't old nurse

    Yeah, North America is full of potatoes.

  • @prettyf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817829#Comment_817829

    i def sure one thing

    if umbra lived in korea or near the korea she must looking for double wind up or red hatchet every rounds,

    and if you all killed without addons least half of survivors were lemmings you luckly found, if that basekit wasn't old nurse

    So either way, killers without add-ons are destined to lose, is that what you mean? Even if the killer somehow wins, it's not because of killer have skill, but survivors are bad?

    If that's the case, i really don't know what to say..

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817751#Comment_817751

    I'm confused too. Most of the complaints here are just that addonless Nurse is no longer fun to play.

    But what part of her change made her unfun to play? How does her blink cooldown make her gameplay less fun?

    Try to play her her in higher ranks, red rank if possible. Then you'll realize how the cooldown affects her

  • @Mister_xD said:

    nurses in general have always been a rare sight for me.

    now that she got nerfed, i imagine many mediocre nurses dont want to play her anymore since "nurse is now dead", even though she just requires some more training now.

    i'll be fair here and say that they probaply did kill nurse for nurse players who were new to her / made her a lot less attractive for said new players.

    there are still nurse players out there who can destroy full teams with ease. the thing i noticed with those players is though, that they dont really want to play her anymore and rather play other killers, since they are eigther more fun or more challenging.

    nurse was never really that "super fun" killer to play, since you got stunned all the time and had to wait over and over, now with that extra 3 seconds of waiting, her gameplay just became even more unfun. that does not mean she is "dead" or she is "too weak", she is still the strongest to play - just a lot less fun.

    She maybe not weak, but she is dead because the pick rate for her is almost zero..

    For example, there is a great game, but if nobody plays that game, that game is dead regardless how good it is

  • @Laakeri said:

    Nurses that used Ruin with her cry she is dead. People that were actually good with her still down people with ease, only takes couple more seconds now.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504856278?t=00h08m53s

    Vod from Zubats yesterdays stream. First Nurse game starts at 00h08m53s and people still drop like flies.

    I saw a very amateur, disorganized team. I love how streamers justify the nurse nerf when they play survivors like this, it actually cracks me up.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817839#Comment_817839

    Try to play her her in higher ranks, red rank if possible. Then you'll realize how the cooldown affects her

    I didn't say it didn't affect her, I asked how it makes playing her less enjoyable. If you played addonless Nurse before and had fun, what about new addonless Nurse is unfun?

    I can't play Nurse and find out why you're not having fun.

  • No one asked for nurse base kit changes but bhvr wanted a power bar I think...

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817911#Comment_817911

    I didn't say it didn't affect her, I asked how it makes playing her less enjoyable. If you played addonless Nurse before and had fun, what about new addonless Nurse is unfun?

    I can't play Nurse and find out why you're not having fun.

    Watching a survivor run away while having no means to chase them.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    I have played 45 survivors matches in the last 2 days at rank 1-5 in EU, and I have seen only one Nurse. Instead I got 19 Spirits, most of which didn't have tier 3 perks, but were actually solid at mindgaming.

    My guess is that Nurse-mains switched on to Spirit now.

    Nurse main here, I play spirit now.

  • @sorrowen said:

    No one asked for nurse base kit changes but bhvr wanted a power bar I think...

    And it wasn't even a good implementation of one.

    The best I've seen so far is a bar which charging a blink drains from, so you can rapidly blink like 4ish times in a row without letting any cooldown happen, but it rewards patient + precise blinks but also allows you to use it more freely than the cage of a power bar we have now.

    I just quit and uninstalled. Teleporting everywhere was so fun and unique, now it's a chore and so janky. No other killer besides Hag has anything close to that, and it got boring after a while getting set up and 2~3 gens are done.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817911#Comment_817911

    I didn't say it didn't affect her, I asked how it makes playing her less enjoyable. If you played addonless Nurse before and had fun, what about new addonless Nurse is unfun?

    I can't play Nurse and find out why you're not having fun.

    She's clunky. On console, it's already difficult to blink accurately (I say this after putting enough time to get multiple levels of Devotion into her), and it was already punishing with the fatigue, but now it's even worse. When I tried playing as her, I spent most of my time looking at the power bar; staring at a power bar isn't fun. And to make it worse, I would still mess up and try to blink early.

    It was already a struggle to have fun with her on console. Now it's just a completely miserable experience. I was never able to 4k with her, but at least her mechanics were a fun challenge. Now, she's not fun at all.

  • It's not just that she's less fun now, it's that she's downright frustrating to use. I question how much internal testing was even with the cooldown or how much Nurse player feedback was taken into account considering survivors can simply outrun her now. That's absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't have gone live.

  • Its because Spirit is a lot more accessible and less punishing, and generally gives the same amount of kills.

  • F42B4A7C-6036-4DFD-9914-0C7850AFDFCD.jpeg

    She isn’t dead. Not even on console.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's not just that she's less fun now, it's that she's downright frustrating to use. I question how much internal testing was even with the cooldown or how much Nurse player feedback was taken into account considering survivors can simply outrun her now. That's absolutely ridiculous and shouldn't have gone live.

    It is clear no one on the team plays Nurse otherwise these changes would've never left the design table.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/818599#Comment_818599

    It is clear no one on the team plays Nurse otherwise these changes would've never left the design table.

    not_Queen is a nurse main.

  • Yeah you don't have that awesome server test going on do you?

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/817911#Comment_817911

    I didn't say it didn't affect her, I asked how it makes playing her less enjoyable. If you played addonless Nurse before and had fun, what about new addonless Nurse is unfun?

    I can't play Nurse and find out why you're not having fun.

    I'm not angry or anything, it's just first hand experience is the best way for you to understand

    But since you can't play her, i can onply say that you looks at you power bar more than looking at survivors. You can't constant blinking anymore, which was what made her fun. Also, survivors can basically have much easier time juking you, because running in straight line is a viable option now.

1 2 3