How many killer's have rank 1?...

Who they choose to play?

What are their feelings about the game?

What they think about the game's balance?

Small survey, just out of curiosity./

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Nurse

    Wasted potential, so far.

    Balance is pretty bad for certain items and add ons and genrush is definitely real. You are just "doing the objective" but the obj is too fast. Your fault for not doing bones and being hit by NOED when I'm Clown.

  • i stopped playing for rank a while ago, though stil managed to get rank 2 last season.

    honestly, i mostly play whoever i find to be fun (a lot of Trapper lately), though i feel like there needs to be done something about the gen times. like, currently i'm ~rank 6 and just had a game where they did 4 gens in under 3 minutes, which is just really frustrating (it was a big map (Suffocation Pot, so also some good amounts of loops) so it took me longer to get from A to B plus i've been in a chase with someone. took down 3 pallets and hooked him when the 4th gen popped)

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    Nurse

    Wasted potential, so far.

    Balance is pretty bad for certain items and add ons and genrush is definitely real. You are just "doing the objective" but the obj is too fast. Your fault for not doing bones and being hit by NOED when I'm Clown.

    Nurse imo still have greatest killing potental in game so idk.

    Genrush is just doing objective, is like complaining about killer want to kill survivors,

    Noed is great perk imo, games needs secondary objective and totems is one of them.

    Yea OP stuff best addons items broke game that's true

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i stopped playing for rank a while ago, though stil managed to get rank 2 last season.

    honestly, i mostly play whoever i find to be fun (a lot of Trapper lately), though i feel like there needs to be done something about the gen times. like, currently i'm ~rank 6 and just had a game where they did 4 gens in under 3 minutes, which is just really frustrating (it was a big map (Suffocation Pot, so also some good amounts of loops) so it took me longer to get from A to B plus i've been in a chase with someone. took down 3 pallets and hooked him when the 4th gen popped)

    I also don't play to have rank, my only objective is just to stomp survivor's to ruin thier experience xD

    yea not many killers can apply pressure so games are way too fast, low mobility, no tools to break survivor's defense ect. that's major issue with game after this game started

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Pretty much all of them. I hate playing doc and hag though.

    Depends on what day you ask me.

    Rank reset needs to go and the ranking system needs to be updated. Then we can talk about balance. As it stands, I don't feel like the majority of rank 1 players are anywhere close to being equally skilled, and thus the balancing of the game is all over the place. I dunno why I'm the same rank as some of the top players of the game when I clearly shouldn't be. Same goes for some of the survivors I face.

    I play only those killers who survivors for some reasons call broken

    but how do you want to change the rank system, since it still selects players with such big differences in skills that it's a shame to talk

    somehow I am not a very good killer but I have 1 rank, and I also often get survivors who have no idea what's going on in this game

  • I play whatever I feel like and if I play enough in a given month I end up at rank 1 eventually in my experience. You don't actually have to win/pip any more consistently than more than 50% of the time to get there with enough time invested anyway.

    Do I consistently stay there? Nah, I bounce all over the red ranks and go up and down, down and up. But that's fine as I would personally uninstall the game before a week had passed if I played for maximal consistency or consciously went out of my way to chase rank/pips.

    "Red Ranks" and rank 1 itself have a massive variance of skill. You'll find everything from genuinely incredible players to people that just sort of... ended up there through luck or who knows what, and everything inbetween.

  • I don't play killer enough to get past rank 7

  • @oxygen said:

    I play whatever I feel like and if I play enough in a given month I end up at rank 1 eventually in my experience. You don't actually have to win/pip any more consistently than more than 50% of the time to get there with enough time invested anyway.

    Do I consistently stay there? Nah, I bounce all over the red ranks and go up and down, down and up. But that's fine as I would personally uninstall the game before a week had passed if I played for maximal consistency or consciously went out of my way to chase rank/pips.

    "Red Ranks" and rank 1 itself have a massive variance of skill. You'll find everything from genuinely incredible players to people that just sort of... ended up there through luck or who knows what, and everything inbetween.

    yes getting r1 on killer is not impossible thing to do

    and the range of players skill, just like the truth, this is the real beauty of high rank, sometimes you get noobs that I eat with 4/5 generators and sometimes you find a nice SWF where you can really have a nice fight, mindgames ect. like playing chess

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789588#Comment_789588

    I don't think they really can fix the ranking system, because if they do make the system more stringent, high rank queue times would be ridiculously long. Look at Overwatch, look at Apex, hell look at Fortnite. It'd be even worse in DbD.

    Ranking in an asymmetrical game is already a tough concept. I 100% think that removing rank reset and/or providing a reason to rank up (other than getting better teammates as a solo survivor) needs to happen.

    I remember that after the plague came out where they raised the requirements for survivors very much (then lowered them) I waited for the match for r1 for about half an hour, so it wouldn't be a good thing if it came back again

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I don't play killer enough to get past rank 7

    mayby u play wrong killer mate?

  • if that counts i use to be at rank one

    I play/played nurse, or huntress

    I think many problems the game has in regards to balance comes from the fact that only a few select things are really strong. For example you are hard to find a killer on highrank that dosn't use Ruin because without ruin a game is over in 5 minutes or less.

  • I don't like playing killer and only do it for bloodpoints

  • @Scourge said:

    if that counts i use to be at rank one

    I play/played nurse, or huntress

    I think many problems the game has in regards to balance comes from the fact that only a few select things are really strong. For example you are hard to find a killer on highrank that dosn't use Ruin because without ruin a game is over in 5 minutes or less.

    yes, too many things in this game is overused

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789639#Comment_789639

    I don't like playing killer and only do it for bloodpoints

    long time ago I also play mostly survivor but now it turns back, and from time to time I play it again

  • Rank 1.

    Legion.

    It has been a long and frustrating road, but i am a rank 1 Legion.

  • Rank 1.

    All killers.

    The core balance of the game is pretty good, sure, some killers need "slight" buffs to become viable. Viable means able to win even against the highest tier of survivors. And that with skill. And Moris. And keys. All other things are pretty okay.

  • Legion,

    because they are super fun to play as uwu

    (except when you go against 4 men SWF ofc :3)


  • @noneofyourbusiness said:

    Who they choose to play?

    What are their feelings about the game?

    What they think about the game's balance?

    Small survey, just out of curiosity./


    Basicly all killers minus trapper/wraith/doctor/huntress/legion/pig/spirit.

    I hope they start making meaningfull changes to the game because it has many core design issues and those seem like not a high priority.

    Problem with balance is that the meta is so strong that I feel like either you go meta or you prepare to lose bigtime, not that it isn't possible to win without the meta killers/perks but you basicly have to play in a certain way so that game doesn't end way too fast. This not something that killers/survivors are to blame about but it has to do with the design.

    I don't play killer as much as survivor.

  • I play whoever I feel like, but killer balance is pretty awful.

    The game is fun most of the time, but it feels like a complete waste of time about 30% of the time. I play both sides at red ranks. I firmly believe survivors are the power role and dictate the pace of the game if they truly know how to play. The game and maps are designed around low level survivor play, which leads to an overabundance of safe loops for skilled survivors relative to gen speed.

  • Legion, and to a lesser degree Trapper. Sometimes Freddy or Leatherface when I need a change, and Spirit when I’m tired of competing and I want easy games. I’m gonna stop right there.


  • Amanda and Legion interchangeably. Also Demi Logorgon however not as frequent as the other two.


    For the most part I essentially play the game to have fun. I don't have many issues outside of a couple of balancing ones. However the toxicity of the community is not something I'm fond of.

    Rampant disconnects for no reason

    The string of toxic messages not talking about in game bm or cheeky trolling that's fine in my book. it's when you actively message people insulting things that you can start making things a problem


    As for balancing the games a lot better than what it used to be. Well I think that some perks add-ons and baseline powers still need to be looked over.

    Because a lot of perks and addons on both the killer and the survivors side are basically useless.

    They really needs to be some baseline power changes. Because there's a massive problem when some killer powers are actively more detrimental to use then just regular m1 gameplay case in point Legion

  • @Pulsar said:

    Rank 1.

    Legion.

    It has been a long and frustrating road, but i am a rank 1 Legion.

    rank 1 legion

    respect mate

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    Rank 1.

    All killers.

    The core balance of the game is pretty good, sure, some killers need "slight" buffs to become viable. Viable means able to win even against the highest tier of survivors. And that with skill. And Moris. And keys. All other things are pretty okay.

    Yes, Moris, Keys and a little bit more things in this game is very frustrating to go against

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    Legion,

    because they are super fun to play as uwu

    (except when you go against 4 men SWF ofc :3)

    currently I like to play against 4 man swf the most, games are the most interesting then

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/98977/how-many-killers-have-rank-1

    Basicly all killers minus trapper/wraith/doctor/huntress/legion/pig/spirit.

    I hope they start making meaningfull changes to the game because it has many core design issues and those seem like not a high priority.

    Problem with balance is that the meta is so strong that I feel like either you go meta or you prepare to lose bigtime, not that it isn't possible to win without the meta killers/perks but you basicly have to play in a certain way so that game doesn't end way too fast. This not something that killers/survivors are to blame about but it has to do with the design.

    I don't play killer as much as survivor.

    true, so the variety in the game is virtually negligible

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I play whoever I feel like, but killer balance is pretty awful.

    The game is fun most of the time, but it feels like a complete waste of time about 30% of the time. I play both sides at red ranks. I firmly believe survivors are the power role and dictate the pace of the game if they truly know how to play. The game and maps are designed around low level survivor play, which leads to an overabundance of safe loops for skilled survivors relative to gen speed.

    so playing a killer (even a powerful one) is very stressful even if we have the power to stop the survivors, every mistake against a good swf ends in a tragedy, it requires a lot of focus, skill and patience to achieve it.

    true, the game is adapted to safe places for survivors at low ranks, where at high in these places survivors can buther the majority of killers

  • @PGJSF said:

    Legion, and to a lesser degree Trapper. Sometimes Freddy or Leatherface when I need a change, and Spirit when I’m tired of competing and I want easy games. I’m gonna stop right there.

    so you are killer main and you say that playing Spirit is easy games and she is such a character to win without skill? interesting, I mean there is no killer main who will tell you something like that

  • Its been quite a ride. The key is to run Spirit Fury and Enduring, plus PGTW and Ruin. Never use your power.

  • @Volfawott said:

    Amanda and Legion interchangeably. Also Demi Logorgon however not as frequent as the other two.

    For the most part I essentially play the game to have fun. I don't have many issues outside of a couple of balancing ones. However the toxicity of the community is not something I'm fond of.

    Rampant disconnects for no reason

    The string of toxic messages not talking about in game bm or cheeky trolling that's fine in my book. it's when you actively message people insulting things that you can start making things a problem

    As for balancing the games a lot better than what it used to be. Well I think that some perks add-ons and baseline powers still need to be looked over.

    Because a lot of perks and addons on both the killer and the survivors side are basically useless.

    They really needs to be some baseline power changes. Because there's a massive problem when some killer powers are actively more detrimental to use then just regular m1 gameplay case in point Legion

    I think Pig have really hard time to play on high rank

    and who likes toxicity in this game lmao

    it's true developers seem to have the impression that they don't know much about their game

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789864#Comment_789864

    Its been quite a ride. The key is to run Spirit Fury and Enduring, plus PGTW and Ruin. Never use your power.

    that is, you are even better, if you put in a killer with no power with 115 ms, you would do it still (I wonder if killer like this will ever come out lmao)

  • Both sides at rank 1.

    Game is heavily survivor sided. Maps and perks are designed for low rank survivor skill which leads to high ranks being able to heavily abuse them when they know what they're doing.

    I like Spirit personally. There are only a few killers that have any say over how the game goes if the survivors are good and not screwing around. 75% of the killer roster is extremely weak at high levels of play and even that's being generous.

    The game is in a much, much better state than it used to be but it still isn't in a good one.

  • rank 1 usually (depends on how much i play in a season)

    usually play hag, legion, demo, pig, wraith, or spirit.

    also i think the game has been the most balanced its ever been in a while, though not straight 50/50. Id say its at least 60/40 in the survivors favor, but meh, thats fine.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Both sides at rank 1.

    Game is heavily survivor sided. Maps and perks are designed for low rank survivor skill which leads to high ranks being able to heavily abuse them when they know what they're doing.

    I like Spirit personally. There are only a few killers that have any say over how the game goes if the survivors are good and not screwing around. 75% of the killer roster is extremely weak at high levels of play and even that's being generous.

    The game is in a much, much better state than it used to be but it still isn't in a good one.

    I actually r1 killer and r9 survivor

    game is survivor sided? why I prefer playing killer idk

    as for the maps, I agree

    my favourite killers are Spirit too and Nurse, with Nurse I have a lot experience but with Spirit i started (around 100hrs) but I still manage to get r1 on her, she's not hard I think

    but you have right most killer doesn't have tools to stop survivors

    agree game is a lot better than before but still, devs need to put in it a lot of work to be perfect

  • @Mew said:

    rank 1 usually (depends on how much i play in a season)

    usually play hag, legion, demo, pig, wraith, or spirit.

    also i think the game has been the most balanced its ever been in a while, though not straight 50/50. Id say its at least 60/40 in the survivors favor, but meh, thats fine.

    my opinion is not that the game is like killer side or survivor side, just there a very few killer who can deal with survivors at the highest level play

  • @noneofyourbusiness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789910#Comment_789910

    I actually r1 killer and r9 survivor

    game is survivor sided? why I prefer playing killer idk

    as for the maps, I agree

    my favourite killers are Spirit too and Nurse, with Nurse I have a lot experience but with Spirit i started (around 100hrs) but I still manage to get r1 on her, she's not hard I think

    but you have right most killer doesn't have tools to stop survivors

    agree game is a lot better than before but still, devs need to put in it a lot of work to be perfect

    I don't think the devs have any intention of fixing the games balance issues to the degree it needs as I think they believe it is currently in a pretty good state.

  • @noneofyourbusiness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789741#Comment_789741

    so you are killer main and you say that playing Spirit is easy games and she is such a character to win without skill? interesting, I mean there is no killer main who will tell you something like that

    Yes I am. I always have been survivor sided on the Spirit topic because I clearly see the difference in how easier it is to track and hit survivor when I play her. And, unlike Nurse, I never had to do any practice. See the survivor, use phasewalk, guess 50/50, profit.

  • @noneofyourbusiness said:

    Who they choose to play?

    What are their feelings about the game?

    What they think about the game's balance?

    Small survey, just out of curiosity./

    • Wraith
    • Entertaining
    • The best it's ever been, still needs work, needs more work every big chapter.
  • @PGJSF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789881#Comment_789881

    Yes I am. I always have been survivor sided on the Spirit topic because I clearly see the difference in how easier it is to track and hit survivor when I play her. And, unlike Nurse, I never had to do any practice. See the survivor, use phasewalk, guess 50/50, profit.

    that's kinda true, like Bricky said its imo 70/30 for spirit bc of her tracking, not only guessing but imo more reading

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/98977/how-many-killers-have-rank-1

    • Wraith
    • Entertaining
    • The best it's ever been, still needs work, needs more work every big chapter.

    yes, in current form about balance game is the best form in history, but still is so many issue to do

    Wraith? you have my respect man

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790006#Comment_790006

    I don't think the devs have any intention of fixing the games balance issues to the degree it needs as I think they believe it is currently in a pretty good state.

    Re: balance, I think we as a community make a mistake of assuming they have a similar balance goal that we do. I don't think they've ever acknowledged people's frustrations with the lack of diversity and general high rank experience. I could be wrong though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790035#Comment_790035

    Re: balance, I think we as a community make a mistake of assuming they have a similar balance goal that we do. I don't think they've ever acknowledged people's frustrations with the lack of diversity and general high rank experience. I could be wrong though.

    "Re: balance, I think we as a community make a mistake of assuming they have a similar balance goal that we do.

    Yeah that is what I was referring to. They are aiming for an entirely different "balance" goal that is generally around rank 10 play.

    "I don't think they've ever acknowledged people's frustrations with the lack of diversity and general high rank experience. I could be wrong though."

    You're not wrong. In all these years and complaints they have not. They want to focus on the larger population at lower ranks for their balance decisions. Red ranks are kinda just left to hang.

  • @noneofyourbusiness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790070#Comment_790070

    yes, in current form about balance game is the best form in history, but still is so many issue to do

    Wraith? you have my respect man

    I simply don't find any Killer as fun as him.

    Spirit's my back-up though, she's quite similar.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790035#Comment_790035

    Re: balance, I think we as a community make a mistake of assuming they have a similar balance goal that we do. I don't think they've ever acknowledged people's frustrations with the lack of diversity and general high rank experience. I could be wrong though.

    there is something in it, Freddy who was so weak before his nerf in high rank, was op for new player bc they don't understand his mechanics, in the second case, we have the original nurse( you know 102ms, 3 blink, myers t3 lunge after blink ect) , where people said she was weak xDDD bc everyone was new on her and she needs a little bit practice, so yea I agree

  • XBOX, rank 1 every month towards the last 5 days before rerank. If I wanted to get there easily I used Spirit and Freddy, if not, I only use viable killers, AKA Huntress, Demo, Hag, Trapper and Billy

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790127#Comment_790127

    "Re: balance, I think we as a community make a mistake of assuming they have a similar balance goal that we do.

    Yeah that is what I was referring to. They are aiming for an entirely different "balance" goal that is generally around rank 10 play.

    "I don't think they've ever acknowledged people's frustrations with the lack of diversity and general high rank experience. I could be wrong though."

    You're not wrong. In all these years and complaints they have not. They want to focus on the larger population at lower ranks for their balance decisions. Red ranks are kinda just left to hang.

    I think that if on both sides of the barricade there is an opportunity to be able to defeat someone who is on the other side with their own skills, then the game is balanced, the key words-"game needs to be interactive"


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/789574#Comment_789574

    Update on this: I think I'm going to take a long extended break from this game. Killer on console is the most stress-inducing nightmare. I've put up with it for 2 years but Christ...it never changes. The nurse base kit change especially is a slap in the face. Is it that hard to increase the sensitivity and/or make the camera more responsive? Is it that hard to get rid of the idea of FoV perks and just make the default FoV M&A 3 tier?

    The event can be damned, it's just a bloodpoint event anyway. The rift can be damned. The archives can wait.

    GLHF all. Time to go find my own Civ 5. Again...Christ.

    yes I just saw how zubat played the first match with a new nurse on Yamaoka one of the heaviest maps for her, on the first rank, no addons, no perks for slowing down the game or endgame and had 3 kills, as usual, people are exaggerating

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/790117#Comment_790117

    I simply don't find any Killer as fun as him.

    Spirit's my back-up though, she's quite similar.

    About Wraith I love his silent bell addon, it's one of the most fun build in the game imo

  • @Mtom912 said:

    I play any killer I feel like playing at rank 1, i normally main spirit, but I had a point where I just played legion for a while and I did fine each game, and even did adept legion first try

    Balance wise I think it’s normally fine, but bringing in certain things ruins the balance, typically to the killer side such as ebonys, or iri heads, or prayer beads etc, or for survivors something like 4 pre nerf syringes, although I don’t think of that as bad, since you can still get plenty of bloodpoints as killer against that, I think there is RNG problems though such as ruin spawns, or barely any pallets, or too many pallets. I also think the constant moaning of survivors op, or gen speed broken is just moaning from people who can’t face the fact they aren’t as good as they think they are, or blaming gen speed when they consistently mess up in chases and can’t keep map pressure, or they use that for why they lose when they actually lost because ruin was gone in 5 seconds because of rng, not gen speed, or they’re playing a low tier killer, with bad perks and/or add ons. I think swf complaints are over exaggerated as well, yes it’s stronger than solos, but some people make it out like it’s impossible to beat swf

    this is probably one of the most reasonable posts in this forum, I agree with all

    things like the ones you really mention ... the developers have to understand that it destroys the game for the other side and there is nothing cool about it even playing it, at least for me, because there is no challenge

    however, I still think that most killers don't have the tools to apply pressure, so I'm able to understand their complaints

    I really like playing against swf, then the games are the most interesting

  • @Carlosylu said:

    XBOX, rank 1 every month towards the last 5 days before rerank. If I wanted to get there easily I used Spirit and Freddy, if not, I only use viable killers, AKA Huntress, Demo, Hag, Trapper and Billy

    Interesting from what I see on the console is a much greater variety of killers than on the PC

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/791636#Comment_791636

    Yeah that's on PC and one of the best players in the game. You ignored the "killer on console" part.

    I didn't ignore, I'm just able to accept that this killer will never be as good on a console as it is on a PC, it is not real or possible to make it so that she is balanced on the console, and at the same time that there would be no OP on the PC, sorry but that's the truth

‹ 1 2