Remove the rapid clicking of the flashlight

There is absolutely no point except to bm, and that shouldn’t be encouraged.

Comments

  • You can use clicking to follow up a chainblind or correct a misstimed FL safe attempt. It has all rights to stay in the game, get over it.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779790#Comment_779790

    It's an annoyance no matter how you look at it. Much like Mr. toxic over here (Mochan) you're trying to justify toxic behavior by "don't let it get to you, hurrlul people who are annoyed by it are children" etc. Whatever, both of you keep being the reason why this community is horrible.

    Have you looked in the mirror yourself lately?

  • I love hooking a clickity click prick, don’t you? 🖤 Xx

  • I directly ignore the clicking of the flashlight. You have no idea how annoying that is for those survivors. I've had people follow me around trying to get my attention then I turn on them as soon as it's in a bad place for them. Just roll with it man, it's on them.

    @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779923#Comment_779923

    Lmao, you are hilarious buddy. Do you actually compare him/her to someone that plays the game JUST to bully killers?

    What they are saying is absolutely true. It is 100% your fault if you get so mad over teabagging or flashlight clicking. Yes, it is annoying, but just get over it and move on.

    By the way, let's also disable killers ability to nod to survivors, mori spam and the ability to hit survivors on the hook since it's "toxic behaviour" and annoying.

    Oh and they did remove the Killers ability to hit on hook as far as I saw. Swung in for a wap on a save and bounced off the hooked guy like a wall. Weird, but I had Unrelenting for once in a meme build so it worked out.

  • "both of you keep being the reason why this community is horrible."

    @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779790#Comment_779790

    It's an annoyance no matter how you look at it. Much like Mr. toxic over here (Mochan) you're trying to justify toxic behavior by "don't let it get to you, hurrlul people who are annoyed by it are children" etc. Whatever, both of you keep being the reason why this community is horrible.

    Clicking a flash light = being the reason why the community is horrible 👌

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    "both of you keep being the reason why this community is horrible."

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779927#Comment_779927

    Clicking a flash light = being the reason why the community is horrible 👌

    1A6C340F-73A4-4334-B994-B259302DB7AD.jpeg



  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779763#Comment_779763

    there is a difference between "making some noise to lure the killer over here" and "spamming the fastvault so the killer gets a noise notification every .5 seconds until he is so annoyed that he comes over there, hooks and facecamps me because i was an annoying little [very bad word]".

    i dont mind them trying to lure me over to them by making some noise, but noisespam is an issue that is just annoying and really has to be addressed. devs themselves said they kept the cooldown on Diversion so long, because they wanted to prevent possible noisespam with it.

    just put a buffer in, so the noise notification will only be able to play every 5 seconds, if performed by the same survivor on the same object.

    they can still make noise to get my attention, but they wont annoy me up to the point where i will bring a mori next time i see them and heavily focus them down.

    Edit: i got the name of the perk wrong xD yeah, Distortion aint gonna make a noise spam. its Diversion i was talking about xD

    Oh yeah, I had an Ace do that on Hawkins with the lockers. They had burned a strode offering but I had burned the Hawkins and it favored me for once. I ignored him, got him to come closer by hooking a friend of his. He was good at looping, had BL for the jumps there, but he was first dead. I wonder why... well prolly cause he'd KEEP doing the locker spam. Caught him outta there twice and that was that.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779576#Comment_779576

    I'm flattered that you believe I'm influential enough to control the attitudes of people on this board! If only it were a reality and not a delusion.

    Not gonna lie, I'm glad you can't. No offense of course, but your views are often rather extreme. I think it wouldn't go well for any ONE person to be in control like that anyway though.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779872#Comment_779872

    Oh yeah, I had an Ace do that on Hawkins with the lockers. They had burned a strode offering but I had burned the Hawkins and it favored me for once. I ignored him, got him to come closer by hooking a friend of his. He was good at looping, had BL for the jumps there, but he was first dead. I wonder why... well prolly cause he'd KEEP doing the locker spam. Caught him outta there twice and that was that.


    That’s type I bring noed for on my legion..that’s if they live long enough :3

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    "both of you keep being the reason why this community is horrible."

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779927#Comment_779927

    Clicking a flash light = being the reason why the community is horrible 👌

    @KillermainBTWm8

    I thought it was T Bagging...........

    image.png
  • @TheALIEN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780256#Comment_780256

    That’s type I bring noed for on my legion..that’s if they live long enough :3

    Yeah he was a pain. They didn't stay in post though and one of the others said sorry that he was being a dick so I was fine. As much as SOME survivors bash Killers, some Survivors are kind people. Same goes with Killers. I like to think i'm pretty chill.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780265#Comment_780265

    Yeah he was a pain. They didn't stay in post though and one of the others said sorry that he was being a dick so I was fine. As much as SOME survivors bash Killers, some Survivors are kind people. Same goes with Killers. I like to think i'm pretty chill.


    You’d be surprised by the amount of survivors that do give credit where credit is due- yeah, I like to think of myself as a Chilled Killer ^.^

  • @TheALIEN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780272#Comment_780272

    You’d be surprised by the amount of survivors that do give credit where credit is due- yeah, I like to think of myself as a Chilled Killer ^.^

    Exactly. I hate it when either side just lumps all of the other into a big mass. Like, being toxic to someone just cause they are a Killer or Survivor. That kinda crap is stupid.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780280#Comment_780280

    Exactly. I hate it when either side just lumps all of the other into a big mass. Like, being toxic to someone just cause they are a Killer or Survivor. That kinda crap is stupid.

    Cliched- but can’t we all just get along? 💔

  • Wish we could man. Then we could give some good feed back and not all this Killer Vs. Survivor crap.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780280#Comment_780280

    Exactly. I hate it when either side just lumps all of the other into a big mass. Like, being toxic to someone just cause they are a Killer or Survivor. That kinda crap is stupid.

    It's so bad that even survivors and killers discuss on different forum platforms... This one attracts a lot of killers. Yea there are survivors here as well but you don't see as many as killers here. Then I go on Reddit or some other site and it's full of survivors. There is a big divide sadly.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780349#Comment_780349

    It's so bad that even survivors and killers discuss on different forum platforms... This one attracts a lot of killers. Yea there are survivors here as well but you don't see as many as killers here. Then I go on Reddit or some other site and it's full of survivors. There is a big divide sadly.

    and there really shouldnt be. We should all get along and try and help the Devs make this a better game.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780421#Comment_780421

    and there really shouldnt be. We should all get along and try and help the Devs make this a better game.

    I agree, but that's harder than it sounds which sucks ):

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    "both of you keep being the reason why this community is horrible."

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779927#Comment_779927

    Clicking a flash light = being the reason why the community is horrible 👌

    Oh wait, but lemme guess, camping and tunneling killers are the horror of the game huh?

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/780247#Comment_780247

    Oh wait, but lemme guess, camping and tunneling killers are the horror of the game huh?

    That's quite the bold assumption especially since I don't care about camping or tunneling. Both are strategies that end up losing you the game more than winning it anyways 🙂. The only horror to the game in my opinion is the people in post game chat that don't know how to be friendly and take a loss. Flash light clicking is just game banter to me the side effects of having a competitive game but Post Chat is the real horror. The communities main horrors are people calling other people an entitled survivor main or entitled killer main as an insult and people who can't civilly disagree.

  • I think the community isn't close to as bad as it's often stated to be. People just have wildly different definitions of what's "toxic" and the like, as well as people diving head first into negativity bias by claiming that bad things are way more common than they actually are.

    Is it all sunshine and rainbows? Of course not. But it's really not the cesspool of radioactive waste that just glancing over places like the forums could make someone believe if they take everything as gospel without questioning it.


    Worst thing when it comes to places to discuss the game are people that just stick their fingers in their ears and exhibit a "my side good your side bad" attitude though, and it can be more common than it should be (aka more than 0 people do this).

    Stuff like flashlight clicking and tbagging are taunts, but they're not doing gens even though it can be annoying. Stuff like instaheals is in the game (and getting changed), blaming a player for using them is silly. Stuff like camping/tunneling are strategies that can backfire and again in the game.

  • Or, and here is a crazy thought, stop letting it get to you. The game is supposed to be fun, if you aren't having fun then the answer isn't "We need to change X because it is making me sad". Just take a break, play the oppossite side (whether you are a killer or survivor, play the opposite for a bit). Or play something else. If we changed something in this game every time someone was mad, sad, etc about it there wouldn't be a game left.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/781842#Comment_781842

    That's quite the bold assumption especially since I don't care about camping or tunneling. Both are strategies that end up losing you the game more than winning it anyways 🙂. The only horror to the game in my opinion is the people in post game chat that don't know how to be friendly and take a loss. Flash light clicking is just game banter to me the side effects of having a competitive game but Post Chat is the real horror. The communities main horrors are people calling other people an entitled survivor main or entitled killer main as an insult and people who can't civilly disagree.

    Ah so basically, chat, an avoidable thing ,is the horror, but tbagging and flashlight clicking, which can't be avoided, is perfectly fine. 10/10 logic.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/781865#Comment_781865

    Ah so basically, chat, an avoidable thing ,is the horror, but tbagging and flashlight clicking, which can't be avoided, is perfectly fine. 10/10 logic.

    Actually, there are more platforms that have the only option for chat to DM someone than ones with post chat. Even then your logic is that you can ignore chat but weren't you getting upset because people were saying just ignore the teabagging and flashlight clicking? Because you can defo ignore them if you try hard enough...


    Also do you know why people teabag and flash light click sometimes? It's a trick a dirty trick but a trick nonetheless to make you want to chase them the entire game. It's a trick often used by SWF having one who is the best chaser be the one who attempts to BM the killer to get them to chase them. Another reason why you should ignore BM...

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/781865#Comment_781865

    Ah so basically, chat, an avoidable thing ,is the horror, but tbagging and flashlight clicking, which can't be avoided, is perfectly fine. 10/10 logic.

    Insulting and harrassing someone on the chat is the worst thing in the game. Teabagging (which is probably a part of every online which has a crouch button) and flashlight clicks are taunts. Taunting the other side is a part of almost every online game. People don't get mad at other games ( and some of those games even have taunt buttons) , but people get absolutely furious in dbd for some reason. Listen to the advice and stop getting mad over stupid things.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782226#Comment_782226

    Insulting and harrassing someone on the chat is the worst thing in the game. Teabagging (which is probably a part of every online which has a crouch button) and flashlight clicks are taunts. Taunting the other side is a part of almost every online game. People don't get mad at other games ( and some of those games even have taunt buttons) , but people get absolutely furious in dbd for some reason. Listen to the advice and stop getting mad over stupid things.

    Insulting and harassing people is also a part of almost ever online game, yet you don't bother mentioning that.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782226#Comment_782226

    Actually, there are more platforms that have the only option for chat to DM someone than ones with post chat. Even then your logic is that you can ignore chat but weren't you getting upset because people were saying just ignore the teabagging and flashlight clicking? Because you can defo ignore them if you try hard enough...

    Also do you know why people teabag and flash light click sometimes? It's a trick a dirty trick but a trick nonetheless to make you want to chase them the entire game. It's a trick often used by SWF having one who is the best chaser be the one who attempts to BM the killer to get them to chase them. Another reason why you should ignore BM...

    Chat is ignored by deleting messages (console) or not staying for the post-game chat (PC). Tbagging and flashlight clicking can't be ignored because chasing survivors is your primary goal. But do tell me, if I was producing a really annoying sound to get your attention IRL, would you ignore me or feel the urge to utterly beat my ass?

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782239#Comment_782239

    Insulting and harassing people is also a part of almost ever online game, yet you don't bother mentioning that.

    Do I really need to? Do I have to tell you that insulting and harrassing is a bad thing too?

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782257#Comment_782257

    Do I really need to? Do I have to tell you that insulting and harrassing is a bad thing too?

    Tbagging and flashlight clicking is a bad thing as well, but you try to justify it.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782261#Comment_782261

    Tbagging and flashlight clicking is a bad thing as well, but you try to justify it.

    And you try to justify harrassing because you can avoid it.

    They are bad things, but it is YOUR fault if you get so mad over it.

  • I'm not justifying anything. I don't know what to tell you if you think teabagging is worse than harassment. It's time to grow up if you are going to cry because someone rapidly pressed the crouch button in a video game. You are just as childish as the teabagger if you are going to get mad over stupid stuff like that. That's what I'm trying to tell here, I don't even the get the point of your latest comment.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782609#Comment_782609

    I'm not justifying anything. I don't know what to tell you if you think teabagging is worse than harassment. It's time to grow up if you are going to cry because someone rapidly pressed the crouch button in a video game. You are just as childish as the teabagger if you are going to get mad over stupid stuff like that. That's what I'm trying to tell here, I don't even the get the point of your latest comment.

    I don't get the point of you pathetically and unironically trying to justify horrible human behavior. Maybe it's because you're the one to do it all the time and your happiness will get severely hurt if something like that is punished/removed.

  • @Snapshot said:

    They won't because the majority of players are survivors and they fear another Steam review bomb, IMO.

    I didn't read this entire thread but you seem to be the only one on these forums that understands numbers!

    Thank you!!!!

  • i understand if people think that others are being sensitive because flashlight clicking can be used as a taunt, but lets all be honest here; it actually can get really annoying sometimes and at some points, can become very unnecessary.

    especially if someone uses a macro or a wheel and ultimately lags out the game or drops the framerate/bugs out the sound (which has happened before, by the way. i've seen it for myself).

    while yes, flashlight clicking can come with benefits, often times it's seen as being used for the complete opposite purpose of what the flashlight is meant for.

    i wholeheartedly agree that something should be done about this, perhaps a time restriction between clicks. and speaking from a survivor side as well; there's been way too many cases where the killer was ultimately lead to me due to flashlight clicking or people have simply tried to annoy me or make noise while i'm focused on a generator. it can become too much, especially when you're trying to have fun.

  • @Eleghost said:

    The real problem here is why are you letting something in game get to you? It's probably impossible to get rid of the rapid clicking because you'd have to take out the ability to turn the flashlight on in the first place.

    For me personally my only problem is when people use a macro and makes rapid clicking noises. The noise gives me a headache which I'm prone to. I don't mind the actual clicking just the rapid clicks hurt my ears. I wouldn't mind if BHVR just made it so the sound didn't get so obnoxious by spamming it or if they put a .5 second cooldown on flashlights or something so they couldn't be spammed I don't know honestly.

    I don't expect anything to change though I just accept it.

  • @Hoodied said:

    Simply ignore it

    Remember when this was said about killers hitting hooked survivors?

    Now what did they do about that. They removed it.

    Equal opportunity

  • Its the most obnoxious noise i deal with in this game as a killer. But these days i literally ignore any clicky click click bait.

    "Oh you want me to chase you?"

    Completely ignores them and normally end up with several hooks and fairly easier chases (much easier than when i would trigger and take bait)

    Try and ignore them. In the end they are mostly BM or are trying to trigger you into tunneling or w.e. If you fall for it, the clicky click wins. Dont let them win!

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782724#Comment_782724

    I don't get the point of you pathetically and unironically trying to justify horrible human behavior. Maybe it's because you're the one to do it all the time and your happiness will get severely hurt if something like that is punished/removed.

    You refuse to understand what I'm saying at this point. I'm done saying the same things over and over.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779595#Comment_779595

    On a related note, Did they also do anything with Nurse blink spam? I hear lots of nurses doing this.

    Small correction. Nurse blink spam is not something you can do by yourself. It just happens, and it really screws over your blinks.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779596#Comment_779596

    Not gonna lie, I'm glad you can't. No offense of course, but your views are often rather extreme. I think it wouldn't go well for any ONE person to be in control like that anyway though.

    Hey, I just call it as I see it! What can I say, I'm ahead of the times!

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779600#Comment_779600

    Small correction. Nurse blink spam is not something you can do by yourself. It just happens, and it really screws over your blinks.

    Ah, I always thought Nurses were doing it on purpose as some kind of style thing. Didn't have a problem with it, actually it was amusing to listen to.

  • Ignore it or run Franklin's. Smack the one with the flashlight no more clicky clicky


  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782724#Comment_782724

    I don't get the point of you pathetically and unironically trying to justify horrible human behavior. Maybe it's because you're the one to do it all the time and your happiness will get severely hurt if something like that is punished/removed.

    Nobody is justifying bad human behavior. Except you actually.

    Neither I, Arslaan nor anyone else here is saying it's okay. I even suggest a fix to limit the click spam. Nothing wrong with that.

    What I and many others here don't condone is the excessive whining over something so small and insignificant as clicks. It is seriously not anything to get upset over, and it is bad human behavior to get so triggered over it. It's immature and childish, even moreso than the actual flashlight clicking.

  • @pemberley said:

    There is absolutely no point except to bm, and that shouldn’t be encouraged.

    So remove the ability of killers to look up and down.

    Seriously grow up, deal with it.

  • The actual issue isn't that the survivors are toxic, its why they're toxic. Survivors have all the power, they're not scared. The ONLY time I've ever been scared was when i saw someone crouching in the bushes and ran up to them thinking it was my friend but it turned out to be ghostface just staring at me....and that was one of my first games


    From what i hear though the game is going to stayed tipped in the survivors favor because the game needs 4 of them to every 1 killer but it be nice if it wasn't like that, what can you do. Wish the game was darker too (with some system for killers to see where tf people are)

  • Oh yeah put a skill check on it to and maybe the crouch action should have a skill check so they can’t tea bag you either or better yet why don’t y’all just complain about flashlight clicking untill the devs add exhaustion every time you use it lmaooo

  • @Mtom912 said:

    If you mess up flashlight save timing, a flashlight click saves it and you can get the save

    Uhm you can look up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/779443#Comment_779443

    Remember when this was said about killers hitting hooked survivors?

    Now what did they do about that. They removed it.

    Equal opportunity

    Yeah but they are draining the battery quickly and this is a tech if you accidentally blind the killer too early


    So ignoring it hurts the survivor more than helps

  • @MemberBerry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/782312#Comment_782312

    That's like seeing a kid with severe body injuries who got beaten near-death and saying "well it's your fault for not avoiding them". Stop trying to justify horrible human behavior.

    What is it with you and comparing someone doing something in a game to get your attention to physical, real life harm? It makes your points pretty redundant imo.

1 2 3