Really starting to hate The Spirit

Leatherface used to be at the top of the list of killers I hate playing against, now Spirit is at the top. She has the ultimate mind game strategies and her only flaw is that she's a bit slow. Her passive phasing add-ons makes her even more confusing. Idk, all I go against are majority Spirits and I'm just getting tired of it.

One side of me wants a phasing start-up animation from the survivor perspective to know when she's using her power but I know DBD players will probably hate that to even the playing field.

Any good, respectful tips?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Top meta killers.

    1.Spireh

    2.Spireh

    3.Spireh

    4.Huntress

    5.Spireh

    6.Freddy??

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775908#Comment_775908

    It would hinder the players for a short period of time.... right now survivors can body block their injured, reach "safe zones" because spirit has collision... without collision the spirit will be able to phase right through an get the injured survivor no worries, phase through the survivors and meet them on the other side of the pallet.... it would be much more annoying to deal with then now... at least theres tell tales and counterplay to her in her current state..

    Need I remind you that you're seem to be always assuming that the injured survivor is there and you can phase through him, but without collision how are you so certain that the survivor is there? To go with your hypothesis, ill be also assuming that people could be body blocking with their collision, which is also typically not the case plus you won't tell if they are or not since your only option is footprints and screaming (iron will) you're also not taking into consideration that they can preventively drop the pallet, giving collision either way.

  • @KeeperReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775939#Comment_775939

    Need I remind you that you're seem to be always assuming that the injured survivor is there and you can phase through him, but without collision how are you so certain that the survivor is there? To go with your hypothesis, ill be also assuming that people could be body blocking with their collision, which is also typically not the case plus you won't tell if they are or not since your only option is footprints and screaming (iron will) you're also not taking into consideration that they can preventively drop the pallet, giving collision either way.

    Simply through tracking, grunts, footsteps, grass etc... it's not always a guess and as I said this would hinder her for a short period of time but after awhile the players will get better... those close call pallet drops of her coming out of phase because of the stun would be no more because she'll just go straight through you and meet you on the other side... on top of that theres those players who dont even need to track, it's just them predicting because they play the game so much which....

  • @KeeperReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775939#Comment_775939

    Need I remind you that you're seem to be always assuming that the injured survivor is there and you can phase through him, but without collision how are you so certain that the survivor is there? To go with your hypothesis, ill be also assuming that people could be body blocking with their collision, which is also typically not the case plus you won't tell if they are or not since your only option is footprints and screaming (iron will) you're also not taking into consideration that they can preventively drop the pallet, giving collision either way.

    Even with collision I have phased around a survivor and ended up in front of them and downed them before they reached a pallet or before they reached the exit gate. Predicting where a survivor will go is not hard if you can hear their footsteps, grass and corn moving, breathing, and injured moans.

    Having no collision only makes this easier because you can phase right through the survivor.

    Think of it like Nurse when she blinks. You can’t body block an injured survivor because Nurse can blink right through you. Same holds true if Spirit had no collision while phasing.

  • @dnj510 said:

    Leatherface used to be at the top of the list of killers I hate playing against, now Spirit is at the top. She has the ultimate mind game strategies and her only flaw is that she's a bit slow. Her passive phasing add-ons makes her even more confusing. Idk, all I go against are majority Spirits and I'm just getting tired of it.

    One side of me wants a phasing start-up animation from the survivor perspective to know when she's using her power but I know DBD players will probably hate that to even the playing field.

    Any good, respectful tips?

    incase you haven't noticed there is a few ques that you can see when she starts phasing, her animation of her model will reset and the glass shards in her body will light up. these are all signs of her starting/in her phasing power, you can then make a guess to what she is doing with that. don't forget she cant go through windows while phasing so if she is phasing force her to go around with windows then be unexpected and go a different way to confuse her and make her lose ground on you


    biggest thing to do against spirit


    DONT BE PREDICTABLE

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775084#Comment_775084

    Yep becoming way to common lately. They can be mid chase with a wounded person and they come flying back.

    it is almost as if with the UNNEEDED NURSE NERF, a rise in spirit players happens. HOW FUNNY

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    On the bright side, with the way all the killers are playing Spirit now it just proves the point that she needs to be nerfed, and that the issue is more than just prayer beads like we all thought and she actually needs a base kit nerf. So way to go toxic killers, you are bringing it on yourselves.

    yet she doesn't need a nerf? any killer can camp/tunnel a survivor

  • Prepare yourself for even more spirit mains with the upcoming nurse basekit nerf

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu No my friend, I am not new to the game and no, I'm not a rank 14 either. With your user name, I'm guessing you're not down for her being changed in any way.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    My main issue has always been Prayer Beads. If I am not running Spine Chill... I literally am a free down with no counter play anytime I touch a Gen or one of her totems. I will KOBE these matches typically once I am caught. There is literally 0 enjoyment about getting grabbed off gens by a invisible Killer and the player behind her is obviously wanting and seeking a easy mode 4K match.

    Its also not fun when said invisible killer has an easy down power thanks to moving around aimlessly until they hit survivor collision, no matter how well you outplay her.

  • A few people commented about Prayer Beads, I don't have much of an issue with the add-on but it can really mess people up if you aren't careful.

    Top 3 killers I hate going against are Spirit, Leatherface, and Hag, in that order. Doesn't make me a weak survivor, I just don't like playing against them.

    I'll look at the proposed changes video someone posted a little bit later.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    On the bright side, with the way all the killers are playing Spirit now it just proves the point that she needs to be nerfed, and that the issue is more than just prayer beads like we all thought and she actually needs a base kit nerf. So way to go toxic killers, you are bringing it on yourselves.

    Maybe other killers need to be better and get buffes so players dont feel like they have to use her stand a chance against top tier survivors.

  • As much as I dislike going against her, I don't think she needs a nerf.

    Unpopular opinion: Survivor mains are really hating of killers that are strong, and hard to go against.

    It's a 50/50. Because of her power, she can manipulate survivors.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I can't take you seriously when you say that you hate leatherface who is one of the worst killers in the game. No offense, but you are clearly new to the game and I think not more than rank 14. My advice is, play more killer and survivor and then come here to cry for nerfs.

    oh look the larpers here guys 🤡

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    On the bright side, with the way all the killers are playing Spirit now it just proves the point that she needs to be nerfed, and that the issue is more than just prayer beads like we all thought and she actually needs a base kit nerf. So way to go toxic killers, you are bringing it on yourselves.

    So because a killer is popular, they deserve to be nerfed?? im confused....

  • @VexTheHex said:

    My main issue has always been Prayer Beads. If I am not running Spine Chill... I literally am a free down with no counter play anytime I touch a Gen or one of her totems. I will KOBE these matches typically once I am caught. There is literally 0 enjoyment about getting grabbed off gens by a invisible Killer and the player behind her is obviously wanting and seeking a easy mode 4K match.

    bring spine chill and that reaction time you want is given to you.

    Spine chill isnt just for spirit, i use it for wraith, ghostface, pig, knowing when a killer has nurse, bbq, or any other perk that reveals auras. Plus it just gives you a heads up to know if a killer is just near by, or making a beeline in your direction. Put it on, play with it a few games and youll be like me and wont go in a game without it

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775501#Comment_775501

    I mentioned it elsewhere before but no collision would be weird in the off chance spirit happens to land INSIDE a survivor at power end. Would she remain collisionless until outside? Would either of the 2 people suddenly warp to fix it? If so what happens if she's between the survivor and 2 walls?

    I often hear that 'good' spirits don't use grunts and welcome iron will users without using stridor so this change wouldn't mean anything to them.

    I really can't say anything about prayer beads as I'm a spine chill perma-user / don't own spirit but hear survivors constantly say rarity change won't do anything, it'll just make the spirit have to farm more BP to make sure they have enough. If anything I'd switch the father's glasses though personally.

    This could be good against those people who like to constantly go in power for half a second to fake out but that's about it and would be a direct nerf when they had buffed her cooldown on release I believe.

    OG Freddy actually had no collision with survivors until they were fully asleep. They could simply use the same "rules" they used with him.

  • @Spirit_Hag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/775415#Comment_775415

    bring spine chill and that reaction time you want is given to you.

    Spine chill isnt just for spirit, i use it for wraith, ghostface, pig, knowing when a killer has nurse, bbq, or any other perk that reveals auras. Plus it just gives you a heads up to know if a killer is just near by, or making a beeline in your direction. Put it on, play with it a few games and youll be like me and wont go in a game without it

    As I said, I know Spine Chill can work against her. But I have to have it on (without knowing what I'm facing) and expect all of my allies to have it. Otherwise the Killer gets free grabs on 1-4 Survivors depending on who has the perk attached.

    It's a horrible mechanic.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776642#Comment_776642

    As I said, I know Spine Chill can work against her. But I have to have it on (without knowing what I'm facing) and expect all of my allies to have it. Otherwise the Killer gets free grabs on 1-4 Survivors depending on who has the perk attached.

    It's a horrible mechanic.

    Well as long as you have it, it might be a 'every man for himself' type deal lol but if your concerned about your teammates, if your in a swf on mics, let them know she has beads so if they dont have any perks to help them, they can gen tap.

    Also, something ive discovered playing against her (and youll need a good headset for this along with eagle eyes) She does move grass and can make tiny little flat foodstep sounds while shes phasing that you can hear approaching you. They arent as loud as say Wriath big footed self but they are. Look out for those next time and let me know if you catch them :D

  • @Spirit_Hag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776708#Comment_776708

    Well as long as you have it, it might be a 'every man for himself' type deal lol but if your concerned about your teammates, if your in a swf on mics, let them know she has beads so if they dont have any perks to help them, they can gen tap.

    Also, something ive discovered playing against her (and youll need a good headset for this along with eagle eyes) She does move grass and can make tiny little flat foodstep sounds while shes phasing that you can hear approaching you. They arent as loud as say Wriath big footed self but they are. Look out for those next time and let me know if you catch them :D

    I play solo. I can't warn people and can't force my whole team to run Spine Chill just in case a Spirit is bringing her obnoxiously OP add on.

    I don't play with headphones so I do miss out on the footsteps or breathing aspects in general. :/


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776635#Comment_776635

    In this community.... Yes. The licensed killers should be the most popular... But they aren't, because other killers are more powerful. Therefore nerfs are needed. All of the killers should be on a somewhat even playing field. We shouldn't have killers that are more powerful than other killers. Or the more powerful killers should be locked to higher ranks.

    Hmm, i disagree. Just because a character is license shouldnt equate to people liking them or being popular (plus they have limited to no cosmetics which really play a factor in the longevity of a character). their power or likeness as a character just may not appeal to everyone or their specific playstyle.

    In an asymmetrical horror game such as dbd where each killer has a unique power, some killers should be better at performing certain tasks than others. Some killers are better at ending chases (hag, spirit,billy, trapper, clown) some are good at protecting hooks (hag, trapper, **sometimes ghostface**) but you get my point. Every killer taylors to a certain playstyle and thats why people like one killer over another.

    You cant lock killers to be in high ranks because if you've never played a killer before and dont yet know how to use them, how can one be expected to perform well against high skilled survivors?

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776777#Comment_776777

    I play solo. I can't warn people and can't force my whole team to run Spine Chill just in case a Spirit is bringing her obnoxiously OP add on.

    I don't play with headphones so I do miss out on the footsteps or breathing aspects in general. :/

    oh no baby, headphones are a MUST for both survivor AND killer. There are so many small sounds that your ears get trained to that give you important info as to whats happening in the game.


    Best of luck playing solo, evertime i play by myself i end up raging because my teammates usually dont play with their brains :(

  • @Spirit_Hag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776787#Comment_776787

    oh no baby, headphones are a MUST for both survivor AND killer. There are so many small sounds that your ears get trained to that give you important info as to whats happening in the game.

    Best of luck playing solo, evertime i play by myself i end up raging because my teammates usually dont play with their brains :(

    Solo has gotten very frustrating. I can go a night with only deaths to showcase. Then I pop on Killer and get a bunch of 4Ks with Ghostface or Hag even without headphones. Part of the time I feel bad and spare half of them cause it's just... easy. Solo play and casual Survivors are getting stomped nowadays. I agree with a lot of the Survivors nerfs that have happened, but I feel things may be getting a bit too weighed in the Killer's favor for most of the fan base.

    Also doesn't help the super toxic, sweaty, and rude Survivor mains that abused their OP state in the past have jumped ship to do it as Killer now since Killers have gotten many buffs.

  • I remember times when legion players claimed Frank's mix tape to not be op ... Don't worry Spirieh mains considering killrate/amount of dc's spirit causes she will be gutted like a swine in the next midchapter patch .

  • @SeducedByDaemonette said:

    I remember times when legion players claimed Frank's mix tape to not be op ... Don't worry Spirieh mains considering killrate/amount of dc's spirit causes she will be gutted like a swine in the next midchapter patch .

    I’m a 100% survivor main and I say spirit is balanced.

  • i agree. she’s really overplayed and every time i play against her i’m tempted to suicide on hook. i just don’t find it fun to go against her.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    i agree. she’s really overplayed and every time i play against her i’m tempted to suicide on hook. i just don’t find it fun to go against her.

    -looks at October 21st 2019 post-


    -looks at December 7th 2019 comment-


    -is unsure how to respond-


    -Lurks in shadows-

  • You hate her because you've been overexposed to her. And this happens because most killers aren't even half as strong as her. I would be fine with her being nerfed again, IF every other substandard killer is buffed and given more qol changes. Killers like Spirit and Nurse would never need to be as strong as they are, if every killer was viable at high level play (which can happen at all ranks).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’m just tired of spirits that tunnel everyone to death. As soon as the unhook occurs “WHOOOSH”, down again.

    As a spirit main I hate to see her played this way. But unfortunately so many killers do it cause it's easy.

1 2 ›