And No, it's not fine on my side at times. Even more with dedicated, but even in P2P I had survivors teleporting (away) at times.
You also just admitted you don't know when the clips were made in the first place and that some were taken from other places so you don't know the ping for all of them.
I'm done here.
keep believing what you want man. and it was just the first clip. that attitude is why nothing will ever be fixed. good luck in your games
It's a tie between Huntress's hatches and Freddy's Lunge, but i gotta sway more for Freddy since the hatche's hitbox can hinder Huntress as much as it helps, while Freddy's Lunge is pretty consistent with it's bs.
I'm pretty sure all killer lunges are the same, but freddy's small stature + relatively small weapon made his hits kinda hard to predict around the time of his revival. I hadn't seen him much before his rework so it took a bit to get used to his range. To get a pallet stun on him you have to drop the pallet at a time that seems a bit early. His invisible extended claw will be under the pallet when his model isn't quite there yet. When I play as freddy, i take a lot more risky lunges through pallets because i get a surprising number of hits. But people in general seem to be catching wise to it.
As of Patch 2.2.0, all Killers have the same Lunge Range and speed. Their base movement speed, if it differs from 4.6m/s, gets temporarily set to that and all reach a top speed of 6.9m/s during the Lunge Attack.
As of Patch 2.2.0, all Killers have the same Lunge Range and speed. Their base movement speed, if it differs from 4.6m/s, gets temporarily set to that and all reach a top speed of 6.9m/s during the Lunge Attack.
I can only tell you what the wiki says. I'm not arguing anymore. Other than to say that would be ping, not hitbox.
Right, cause the wiki accurately represents the game. Gotcha 👍🏿 YouTube exists so watch a video or two where survivors have went up against green ping killers and still got hit from Russia
Right, cause the wiki accurately represents the game. Gotcha 👍🏿 YouTube exists so watch a video or two where survivors have went up against green ping killers and still got hit from Russia
You can have your opinion, and I will have my facts. I have seen the hits you talk about, and I promise it wasn't hitbox.
Between the hatchet hitbox not looking hatchet shape, and the odd hitboxes of alot of the objects in the maps...Hatchets will often hit survivors that look like they SHOULDVE missed, or hit objects that look like they shouldve gone past.
As far as killer M1 attacks go though...those are all identical, and just abit of an illusion caused by killer and weapon size.
Freddy’s lunge is the exact same as everyone else’s I made a video in 2 public matches playing as Freddy and the doctor they both have the same exact range my YT is djsponge10 it’s one of my newest videos do some research instead of belittling someone because they provided facts and you seem to not understand the difference between a fact and a lie.
Technically yes; however, Freddy and Nurse be doing some voodoo to increase the survivor's hitbox to the size of a football field whenever they go for a swing.
Technically yes; however, Freddy and Nurse be doing some voodoo to increase the survivor's hitbox to the size of a football field whenever they go for a swing.
Look at the comment above yours find the video I show Freddy and doctor has the exact length by the centimeter. It’s living proof
There’s so many killer mains on this thread that have never played a minute of survivor 😂😂 all of the above for me cause I’ve seen Nurse swing from California and hit me in Texas.
Freddy can start his swing from Africa and reach you in the United States
Unless there’s a car in the way, Huntress can throw her hatchets in any general direction and it’ll hit you
I play a lot of survivor too and I don't really ever have a problem with the hitboxes. Sure there are some rare occasions where hitboxes seem really bad, but that's probably due to connection. But generally I do not have any of these problems. Especially not with Nurse and Freddy.
Huntress hitboxes can feel a bit ridiculous at times, but the community manager Peanits made a post on one thread once where he/she explained why this is the case and that it's an necessary evil, otherwise survivors would get stuck on objects much more frequently if their hitbox was made more accurate towards their model.
I play a lot of survivor too and I don't really ever have a problem with the hitboxes. Sure there are some rare occasions where hitboxes seem really bad, but that's probably due to connection. But generally I do not have any of these problems. Especially not with Nurse and Freddy.
Huntress hitboxes can feel a bit ridiculous at times, but the community manager Peanits made a post on one thread once where he/she explained why this is the case and that it's an necessary evil, otherwise survivors would get stuck on objects much more frequently if their hitbox was made more accurate towards their model.
What is your ping with dedicated servers? Mine usually hovers around 70-90 and I still get stupid hits every single match. It legit makes me want to stop playing survivor at times. I'm so tired of constantly getting outgamed rather than outplayed.
What is your ping with dedicated servers? Mine usually hovers around 70-90 and I still get stupid hits every single match. It legit makes me want to stop playing survivor at times. I'm so tired of constantly getting outgamed rather than outplayed.
Not quite sure. Think it should be around 40-60 or so.
Do you play on PC or console? And when do you usually get these bullshit hits? At windows and pallets or rather in the open?
What is your ping with dedicated servers? Mine usually hovers around 70-90 and I still get stupid hits every single match. It legit makes me want to stop playing survivor at times. I'm so tired of constantly getting outgamed rather than outplayed.
Even though you have good ping doesn't mean the killer does. With dedicated servers you are unable to know if the killer is near the datacenter or in another country. Your position data is transferred to the server and then transferred to the killers PC. You could be 300 ms behind on the killers screen.
Even though you have good ping doesn't mean the killer does. With dedicated servers you are unable to know if the killer is near the datacenter or in another country. Your position data is transferred to the server and then transferred to the killers PC. You could be 300 ms behind on the killers screen.
It doesn't make sense though since I shouldn't be punished when the killer has bad ping. In other games, this is usually true. The side with the bad ping gets punished for it. Hope the devs will work on hit detection a lot more because this game really gets unbearable at times.
It doesn't make sense though since I shouldn't be punished when the killer has bad ping. In other games, this is usually true. The side with the bad ping gets punished for it. Hope the devs will work on hit detection a lot more because this game really gets unbearable at times.
It's more who has the authority on hit. If the killer hit you on their screen shouldn't it be a hit? Or should they swing in thin air and hope that where you are? At least with P2P you knew what the killers ping was so you could dodge or react differently in match. If they add a killer ping bar to the survivor view it may help with this but you will still get bs hits from your PoV.
There really isn't anything the Devs can do about it. They can't bend the laws of physics.
Man watch a YouTube and stop with the nonsense. There’s literally millions of videos where survivors get hit when it’s not even close
please look up terms like "lag", "poor netcode", "packet loss" and other such reasons, if it were truly the hitboxes then it would be very consistent, but it is not consistent, because it is lag and latency, not hitboxes.
please look up terms like "lag", "poor netcode", "packet loss" and other such reasons, if it were truly the hitboxes then it would be very consistent, but it is not consistent, because it is lag and latency, not hitboxes.
How can it not be consistent if everyone complains about it?
I play a lot of survivor too and I don't really ever have a problem with the hitboxes. Sure there are some rare occasions where hitboxes seem really bad, but that's probably due to connection. But generally I do not have any of these problems. Especially not with Nurse and Freddy.
Huntress hitboxes can feel a bit ridiculous at times, but the community manager Peanits made a post on one thread once where he/she explained why this is the case and that it's an necessary evil, otherwise survivors would get stuck on objects much more frequently if their hitbox was made more accurate towards their model.
PC. It happens everywhere, mostly on windows and pallets though.
Interesting. Then I don't know. I do get bs hits against me at rare times, but other than those instances, I don't really have a problem with hitboxes myself.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They’re all the same. I do think this is funny though.
That picture, is AMAZING.
keep believing what you want man. and it was just the first clip. that attitude is why nothing will ever be fixed. good luck in your games
You too. Your attitude is the same as everyone else that complains and refuses to listen. Have Fun in the Fog.
It's a tie between Huntress's hatches and Freddy's Lunge, but i gotta sway more for Freddy since the hatche's hitbox can hinder Huntress as much as it helps, while Freddy's Lunge is pretty consistent with it's bs.
That's what they say, but fighting/playing as Freddy disproves this.
Literal Proof.
>points at Myers' stalking recognition
I'm pretty sure all killer lunges are the same, but freddy's small stature + relatively small weapon made his hits kinda hard to predict around the time of his revival. I hadn't seen him much before his rework so it took a bit to get used to his range. To get a pallet stun on him you have to drop the pallet at a time that seems a bit early. His invisible extended claw will be under the pallet when his model isn't quite there yet. When I play as freddy, i take a lot more risky lunges through pallets because i get a surprising number of hits. But people in general seem to be catching wise to it.
Man watch a YouTube and stop with the nonsense. There’s literally millions of videos where survivors get hit when it’s not even close
Man watch a YouTube and stop with the nonsense. There’s literally millions of videos where survivors get hit when it’s not even close
I can only tell you what the wiki says. I'm not arguing anymore. Other than to say that would be ping, not hitbox.
Right, cause the wiki accurately represents the game. Gotcha 👍🏿 YouTube exists so watch a video or two where survivors have went up against green ping killers and still got hit from Russia
You can have your opinion, and I will have my facts. I have seen the hits you talk about, and I promise it wasn't hitbox.
Between the hatchet hitbox not looking hatchet shape, and the odd hitboxes of alot of the objects in the maps...Hatchets will often hit survivors that look like they SHOULDVE missed, or hit objects that look like they shouldve gone past.
As far as killer M1 attacks go though...those are all identical, and just abit of an illusion caused by killer and weapon size.
Honestly for the longest time I assumed the 3.9/4.4 had slower lunges than regulars so this is great to learn...knew the teleporting hag bit though :D
Every killer has the same hit box why don’t you actually do research before posting something that hurts the forum more than helps?
All killers have the same hit box do research
All killers have the same. Please do some research
Freddy’s lunge is the exact same as everyone else’s his weapon is on his hand every other weapon is something killers hold do some research
Freddy’s lunge is the exact same as everyone else’s I made a video in 2 public matches playing as Freddy and the doctor they both have the same exact range my YT is djsponge10 it’s one of my newest videos do some research instead of belittling someone because they provided facts and you seem to not understand the difference between a fact and a lie.
Technically yes; however, Freddy and Nurse be doing some voodoo to increase the survivor's hitbox to the size of a football field whenever they go for a swing.
Look at the comment above yours find the video I show Freddy and doctor has the exact length by the centimeter. It’s living proof
That must be the rare occasion that there is all green ping.
Well that’s a connection issue then. To solve your problem, invest into an Ethernet cable and only play against green ping killers.
I already use an ethernet cable. That doesnt stop me from being queued with yellow and red ping players.
The connection seems to exaggerate Freddy's and Nurse's lunges.
I KNOW it's the same dude. The problem with freddy is the lunge animation. It seems like he's not going to hit you but the hit still connects anyways.
Shape's body.
It feels weird to just be able to walk through him while stalking.
Other being plague since it seems like the shortest swing out of all killers
Why don’t you try playing survivor? Cause this it how it looks on our end. 100 percent of the time
https://mobile.twitter.com/ReesesRoundup/status/1167531630753406976
Everyone saying "Freddy's lunge" doesn't understand the difference between hitboxes and animations.
Like 80% of nurse's attacks don't look like they hit you. Freddy is really close though.
I play a lot of survivor too and I don't really ever have a problem with the hitboxes. Sure there are some rare occasions where hitboxes seem really bad, but that's probably due to connection. But generally I do not have any of these problems. Especially not with Nurse and Freddy.
Huntress hitboxes can feel a bit ridiculous at times, but the community manager Peanits made a post on one thread once where he/she explained why this is the case and that it's an necessary evil, otherwise survivors would get stuck on objects much more frequently if their hitbox was made more accurate towards their model.
What is your ping with dedicated servers? Mine usually hovers around 70-90 and I still get stupid hits every single match. It legit makes me want to stop playing survivor at times. I'm so tired of constantly getting outgamed rather than outplayed.
Not quite sure. Think it should be around 40-60 or so.
Do you play on PC or console? And when do you usually get these bullshit hits? At windows and pallets or rather in the open?
PC. It happens everywhere, mostly on windows and pallets though.
@HamdaN
https://youtu.be/6EwaW2iz4iAIt's a fact of online gaming.
Even though you have good ping doesn't mean the killer does. With dedicated servers you are unable to know if the killer is near the datacenter or in another country. Your position data is transferred to the server and then transferred to the killers PC. You could be 300 ms behind on the killers screen.
It doesn't make sense though since I shouldn't be punished when the killer has bad ping. In other games, this is usually true. The side with the bad ping gets punished for it. Hope the devs will work on hit detection a lot more because this game really gets unbearable at times.
It's more who has the authority on hit. If the killer hit you on their screen shouldn't it be a hit? Or should they swing in thin air and hope that where you are? At least with P2P you knew what the killers ping was so you could dodge or react differently in match. If they add a killer ping bar to the survivor view it may help with this but you will still get bs hits from your PoV.
There really isn't anything the Devs can do about it. They can't bend the laws of physics.
please look up terms like "lag", "poor netcode", "packet loss" and other such reasons, if it were truly the hitboxes then it would be very consistent, but it is not consistent, because it is lag and latency, not hitboxes.
How can it not be consistent if everyone complains about it?
You’re one of the few then lol
They are all horrible, but if i have to go with one, it has to be Huntress.
Hillbilly’s chainsaw, it will hit me while I’m behind him.
because it can be common without being consistent
It would be identical every time if it were consistent
Freddy has the same lunge as everyone else, huntress hatchets are revolving around ping, Nurse is the same
I do. check ouT my video there is nothing wrong except your eyes
Interesting. Then I don't know. I do get bs hits against me at rare times, but other than those instances, I don't really have a problem with hitboxes myself.
I don't know I panicked and clicked anything.