Licensed killer's that should be on Dead By Daylight

Being a film fan I want Dead By Daylight to have as many licensed as possible really they can get these seven then we can stop scaring the people who want original content when we get these bad babies. Please vote responsibly

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Can we talk about how funny it would be to see Chucky running around. This isn't a want, it's a need.

  • @Ringy01 said:

    Can we talk about how funny it would be to see Chucky running around. This isn't a want, it's a need.

    It would be very funny let's be real no one's ideally scared of dolls but it could be really fun and I'm sure he would provide some jump scares

  • From the list Pinhead and Candyman should also be included, but Alien is on top of my want list. What a chapter that would be.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724970#Comment_724970

    It would be very funny let's be real no one's ideally scared of dolls but it could be really fun and I'm sure he would provide some jump scares

    I don't know how be could really work though if I'm being honest, as much as I'd love to have him in the game the height thing would be a major issue. He wouldn't be able to see half the time.

  • @Ringy01 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/724971#Comment_724971

    I don't know how be could really work though if I'm being honest, as much as I'd love to have him in the game the height thing would be a major issue. He wouldn't be able to see half the time.

    That's true IDK The Hag seems pretty short and he could be her height maybe shorter by an inch he's taller than most fireplaces which range between 50 to 60 inches

  • Licensed Killers are becoming too numerous and unhealthy for the game. It made sense back when the game released its first three, but now it seems that the devs are releasing multiple licensed chapters in a row - Ash, Ghost Face, then Demogorgon all in sequence, and now Pennywise is planned.

    As much as people like and demand licensed Killers, nobody likes having to shell out $10 every single chapter. Stranger Things’ chapter is nearly $20 itself, which is over half the price of the game itself.

    Players who only ever can make the one payment to buy the game and only the game, have missed out on three consecutive chapters worth of playable content because they aren’t allowed to play it without paying. We already have six licensed Killers and seven licensed Survivors (if Bill is counted).

    Additionally, killers being licensed makes it nearly impossible for one-pay players to get their perks, especially with how the current Shrine works. Leatherface’s BBQ & Chili perk has only shown up twice ever, for example. This issue can be mitigated if they make all perks buyable at the same time with a large amount of Shards for example, instead of being forced to wait up to a year or so to get them.


    In short, I don’t want to see anymore licensed Killers in this game, until better acquisition of perks comes along. The devs should consider making Killers ‘inspired by’ other Killers instead of seeking licenses. For example, Spirit is inspired by Grudge, Trapper by Jason, Billy by Bubba, Wraith by Freddy, etc.. They even made a fully original Killer but locked it behind a license because they wanted the mask - even though The Ghost Face has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the Scream series. The license for GF is the mask, and the mask only, which they should have made a pay-only or licensed cosmetic as a reference.

    As much as BHVR need money, especially to host and manage Dedicated Servers, they need to encourage other methods of spending without getting egregious or becoming indie EA.


    Edit: Numbers and autocorrect fixes.

  • Wheres plankton from spongebob and shark from jaws?

  • Out of all of these I'd say candyman

    He has the most potential as far as the power goes imo

    I put him above Pinhead in that department because Pinhead doesn't really attack people directly, so it would be bit weird having him in the game since he should injure survivors only through his power to make sense for the license

  • Why cant we just get Dutch and The Predator!

  • @LCGaster said:

    Out of all of these I'd say candyman

    He has the most potential as far as the power goes imo

    I put him above Pinhead in that department because Pinhead doesn't really attack people directly, so it would be bit weird having him in the game since he should injure survivors only through his power to make sense for the license

    I'm with you, Candyman would be awesome. Just imagine him attacking the survivor with bees!

    Any time a killer is discussed, I try to imagine them walking around on one of the Coldwind maps. How does that killer look surrounded by corn? Candyman would work. Pinhead would not. The xenomorph would not. Chucky... well, I can't see him in the stalks, he's too short.

    @Ksoni The Shark from Jaws would be awesome. I really want to see a shark fin gliding through the cornfields.

  • @LCGaster said:

    Out of all of these I'd say candyman

    He has the most potential as far as the power goes imo

    I put him above Pinhead in that department because Pinhead doesn't really attack people directly, so it would be bit weird having him in the game since he should injure survivors only through his power to make sense for the license

    Yeah I agree I actually wanted to vote for Candyman but my love for Chucky made punch the damn vote button

  • @Happsta said:

    Why cant we just get Dutch and The Predator!

    Wraith is the Predator. I don't think you can have two different semi-invisible shimmering killers with spines for trophies in the same game.

  • @Ksoni said:

    Wheres plankton from spongebob and shark from jaws?

    I'm sorry I forgot them

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725014#Comment_725014

    Wraith is the Predator. I don't think you can have two different semi-invisible shimmering killers with spines for trophies in the same game.

    Or can you two clowns two stalky boi's two chainsaws

  • Fair enough. What would Predator's perks even be? He excels at tracking... as does Wraith, which is why Wraith has tracking perks.

  • Xenomorph would make the game seriously unplayable and just flat out dumb. It would ruin the game like Jason X almost completely ruined Friday The 13th.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725022#Comment_725022

    Fair enough. What would Predator's perks even be? He excels at tracking... as does Wraith, which is why Wraith has tracking perks.

    Good point then the predator wouldn't fit because he mainly use's guns as far as perks I'm totally drawing a blank

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Xenomorph would make the game seriously unplayable and just flat out dumb. It would ruin the game like Jason X almost completely ruined Friday The 13th.

    I think the Xenomorph would be good at stopping loops and his lore fits if the Entity pulls him from the depths of space as the blew it out through the bay doors from part one the Xenomorph could be another scary killer like the Demogorgon

  • @Judgement said:

    Licensed Killers are becoming too numerous and unhealthy for the game. It made sense back when the game released its first three, but now it seems that the devs are releasing multiple licensed chapters in a row - Ash, Ghost Face, then Demogorgon all in sequence, and now Pennywise is planned.

    As much as people like and demand licensed Killers, nobody likes having to shell out $10 every single chapter. Stranger Things’ chapter is nearly $20 itself, which is over half the price of the game itself.

    Players who only ever can make the one payment to buy the game and only the game, have missed out on three consecutive chapters worth of playable content because they aren’t allowed to play it without paying. We already have six licensed Killers and seven licensed Survivors (if Bill is counted).

    Additionally, killers being licensed makes it nearly impossible for one-pay players to get their perks, especially with how the current Shrine works. Leatherface’s BBQ & Chili perk has only shown up twice ever, for example. This issue can be mitigated if they make all perks buyable at the same time with a large amount of Shards for example, instead of being forced to wait up to a year or so to get them.

    In short, I don’t want to see anymore licensed Killers in this game, until better acquisition of perks comes along. The devs should consider making Killers ‘inspired by’ other Killers instead of seeking licenses. For example, Spirit is inspired by Grudge, Trapper by Jason, Billy by Bubba, Wraith by Freddy, etc.. They even made a fully original Killer but locked it behind a license because they wanted the mask - even though The Ghost Face has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the Scream series. The license for GF is the mask, and the mask only, which they should have made a pay-only or licensed cosmetic as a reference.

    As much as BHVR need money, especially to host and manage Dedicated Servers, they need to encourage other methods of spending without getting egregious or becoming indie EA.

    Edit: Numbers and autocorrect fixes.

    Should I address this? Do you have to pay Behaviour to enjoy the DLCs I guess kinda

    Well during that year wait maybe those perks will be on the shrine

    You want free content so you don't have to pay the artist's and programmers for thier hard work I get it man

    And yes Behaviour actually runs a business

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725025#Comment_725025

    Good point then the predator wouldn't fit because he mainly use's guns as far as perks I'm totally drawing a blank

    Mainly uses guns, but in AvP there are some staff weapons. The one it hands the final girl is made of, iirc, a xenomorph's tail. But yeah, I don't have any ideas about perks.


  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725026#Comment_725026

    I think the Xenomorph would be good at stopping loops and his lore fits if the Entity pulls him from the depths of space as the blew it out through the bay doors from part one the Xenomorph could be another scary killer like the Demogorgon

    I dont mean in terms of balance, I just mean in terms of stupidity. Xenomorph is scary sure but Sci-fi has no place in a game like dead by daylight and many MANY people would hate to see it in. The demogorgan isnt a space alien and is an actual scary monster whos lore is more with horror rather than sci-fi.

  • @Happsta said:

    Why cant we just get Dutch and The Predator!

    Failing that I would settle for Harrigan, but there is already a Danny Glover character in DBD with Detective Tapp.

    Schwarzenegger was in WWE 2K16, so maybe he could be included. The only issues are a) is Predator a good fit for DBD and b) would Schwarzenegger want his likeness in DBD?

    I personally would love to see them both included.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725032#Comment_725032

    Mainly uses guns, but in AvP there are some staff weapons. The one it hands the final girl is made of, iirc, a xenomorph's tail. But yeah, I don't have any ideas about perks.

    Yep that's true I forgot about those Wristblades too,his perks would probably revolve around sensory and speed maybe?

    @kate_best_girl it could be argued that the Demogorgon is a Sci-fi monster to because he Lives in a different dimension which is very Sci-fi and not paranormal or very slasher but I can understand if you don't like the idea of that kind of monster

  • Demogorgon has really opened up the realm of possibility when it comes to inclusions in DBD, Alien being the most obvious.

    Stranger Things isn't straight up horror, and it's much lighter than the other licenced franchises.

    I would love to see Predator and even Terminator in DBD.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725053#Comment_725053

    Yep that's true I forgot about those Wristblades too,his perks would probably revolve around sensory and speed maybe?

    @kate_best_girl it could be argued that the Demogorgon is a Sci-fi monster to because he Lives in a different dimension which is very Sci-fi and not paranormal or very slasher but I can understand if you don't like the idea of that kind of monster

    Plus hes definitely more of a scary monster, he eats flesh, and yes he's sci-fi hes not space sci-fi which is very very different.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Demogorgon has really opened up the realm of possibility when it comes to inclusions in DBD, Alien being the most obvious.

    Stranger Things isn't straight up horror, and it's much lighter than the other licenced franchises.

    I would love to see Predator and even Terminator in DBD.

    That would definitely kill the game so easily.

  • No Tank option. 👎

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Demogorgon has really opened up the realm of possibility when it comes to inclusions in DBD, Alien being the most obvious.

    Stranger Things isn't straight up horror, and it's much lighter than the other licenced franchises.

    I would love to see Predator and even Terminator in DBD.

    I don't think the Terminator fits into this game I just don't see what his lore or power could be since his primary weapon is a weapon and occasional hand to hand combat in the franchise his strength along makes him way to OP but I could see the T1000 actually working because he has a shapeshifting assassin


    @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725064#Comment_725064

    Plus hes definitely more of a scary monster, he eats flesh, and yes he's sci-fi hes not space sci-fi which is very very different.

    It's not really all that different if we didn't know what the Demogorgon was we'd easily mistake him for a space creature

  • Kill the game? I doubt that. I understand some would see both candidates as non-horror but I personally would enjoy having them included. It's all very marmite.

    Imagine a South American jungle map with Predator or a future underground bunker with Terminator.

    We had nothing but dark horror until Stranger Things got included. Some could even argue (myself not included) that Ash doesn't fit.

    Predator and Terminator both hunt, kill and are realistic threats. I don't see them being included in DBD, but if they were I certainly wouldn't complain.

  • @Boss said:

    No Tank option. 👎

    Buddy you want a tank from Left 4 Dead are mutant zombies allowed in that just seems like alot longest lunge in the world EZ

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725096#Comment_725096

    Buddy you want a tank from Left 4 Dead are mutant zombies allowed in that just seems like alot longest lunge in the world EZ

    Realism is often sacrificed for balance.


    And yes, they said they don't want certain things in their games.

    You know what one of them was? A clown.

    Especially with Bill already in the game AND on consoles despite being a Valve character, Tank is absolutely a valid option.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725071#Comment_725071

    I don't think the Terminator fits into this game I just don't see what his lore or power could be since his primary weapon is a weapon and occasional hand to hand combat in the franchise his strength along makes him way to OP but I could see the T1000 actually working because he has a shapeshifting assassin

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725086#Comment_725086

    It's not really all that different if we didn't know what the Demogorgon was we'd easily mistake him for a space creature

    It would be pretty easy to include Terminator with a valid lore. The Entity intercepted and corrupted the time travel process and the Terminator was sent to a new realm and was reprogrammed with a new mission.

    If fans would buy in to the inclusion is another matter. This is a pretty hardcore horror game and Terminator would be an outsider.

  • No Pumpkin head? I abstain from this Poll.

  • @Supernaut said:

    No Pumpkin head? I abstain from this Poll.

    PumpkinHead is a valid candidate. As is Maniac Cop, who is also absent from the poll.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725098#Comment_725098

    It would be pretty easy to include Terminator with a valid lore. The Entity intercepted and corrupted the time travel process and the Terminator was sent to a new realm and was reprogrammed with a new mission.

    If fans would buy in to the inclusion is another matter. This is a pretty hardcore horror game and Terminator would be an outsider.

    Doesn't seem so horror hardcore when some of them are saying don't add the icon's which I think is 40 people


    I could except as plausible lore for Terminator but its how he could work I mean I know he could skynet the gens but he wouldn't have a weapon only the Terminator from judgement day could fit because his arms turn into blades and I think it be pretty lame for just a punch attack

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725119#Comment_725119

    PumpkinHead is a valid candidate. As is Maniac Cop, who is also absent from the poll.

    Oh! Absolutely! Cordell and more! Just whenever these threads pop up, Pumpkinhead always tops my list!

  • @Supernaut said:

    No Pumpkin head? I abstain from this Poll.

    Even though he looks different I think in terms of gameplay he'd be to much like the Demogorgon

    @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725102#Comment_725102

    Realism is often sacrificed for balance.

    And yes, they said they don't want certain things in their games.

    You know what one of them was? A clown.

    Especially with Bill already in the game AND on consoles despite being a Valve character, Tank is absolutely a valid option.

    Yeah but why would they add a character they could have done easily later, this another monster I would say doesn't fit even in the lore plus he'd be way to large for window vaults and most doors

  • Be working on a generator and all of a sudden a doll on the ground turns its head “Hi! I’m Chucky wanna play?” O.O

    *Blows up gen*

  • Chucky.

    We need The Lakeshore Strangler in this game! Not to say all the other characters on this list would not be cool. They would!

  • Of course chucky, it would be so funny 😂

    But would also love to see xenomorph or samara.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Be working on a generator and all of a sudden a doll on the ground turns its head “Hi! I’m Chucky wanna play?” O.O

    *Blows up gen*

    I shouldn't have added OG chucky by his vote option

    @Okapi said:

    Chucky.

    We need The Lakeshore Strangler in this game! Not to say all the other characters on this list would not be cool. They would!

    We sure do a man put his soul inside a "life size doll" that's profoundly unique deserves a spot in this type of realm

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725119#Comment_725119

    Even though he looks different I think in terms of gameplay he'd be to much like the Demogorgon

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725111#Comment_725111

    Yeah but why would they add a character they could have done easily later, this another monster I would say doesn't fit even in the lore plus he'd be way to large for window vaults and most doors

    Lore has been bend before to allow in otherwise peculiar Killers, i don't see why they can't do that for the Tank either.

    Besides, if we take lore into account, the Tank isn't a zombie: All infected are alive in the L4D universe.


    As for size, that is indeed one of the bigger issues on him. (Get it?! Cause he's big?! HUEHUEHUEHEUHEU!)

    But just denying him because he's big? Nah, not me.

    I'd much rather find a solution to that! 😊

    EDIT: Btw, he can go through any regular doorway in L4D without having to shimmy, so this problem shouldn't be hard to fix.

  • @JustAFeeling said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725119#Comment_725119

    Even though he looks different I think in terms of gameplay he'd be to much like the Demogorgon

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/725111#Comment_725111

    Yeah but why would they add a character they could have done easily later, this another monster I would say doesn't fit even in the lore plus he'd be way to large for window vaults and most doors

    To be fair, Legion looks like Ghostface and Hillbilly looks like Leatherdaddy. If anything they could do a better job of him now, as they are so similar structurally!

  • @JustAFeeling The bigger question is where is Angela from Night of The Demons? 😈

    Big 80’s horror film fan here xD

  • none, bring back original killers.

  • Pinhead for sure, fits the aesthetic of the game best I think, which is important. I think some of these suggestions would feel kind of odd within this game and wouldn't really work. But it depends how many more dlc's they are planning. If loads then sure we can have lots of different characters to suit everyone's tastes but if only a few more then I think you gotta get Pinhead in there!

‹ 1 2 3