Can you guys define a win in DBD?
I hear many peps say they want to win buut as there are many definitions of win in DBD i'd like the forum's users' s input. What is winning as both killer and survivor.
For me as a survivor would be a pip( In life or death) without like cheating and the like.
For killer its either a kill ( when gens done in 6 or less mins) or a kill and a pip when not the case ( without cheats as well).
I also consider a win if the end game chat is a positive one in a loss for both sides as well (especially as killer i feel less bad personally, especially if i got outplayed (as in like losing a survivor because he/she was good at it)) often ending up in me friending them in steam( and in some cases me playing with them in SWF ( no comms) as well.
What are your definitions guys/gals? (Keep it positive or memeable).
Comments
As a survivor I either consider it a win if I escape, or if die and pip anyway. As a killer, I consider a 2k and a pip a win. But as long as I had a fun match, then it doesn't matter all that much, win or lose.
I agree too , person of the web.
The best / worst part of the game is the end game chat personally. And DS.
i personally think that a safety is a tie and i dont like it honestly. but i respect Your POV Sovererign
I agree with you as a survivor indeed a win is a pip. A double pip means you put on a dominant performance as a survivor, some could say in that case perhaps you even carried the team. For killer getting at least 2 kills really signifies a successful match in my view. But pipping as killer with 4 escapes feels like a loss. Personally I enjoy giving props to the killer or survivor who played an exceptional match. Face campers, griefers and trolls I've learned over time to just never make a comment, I don't like feeding into it and I don't want them thinking about me when post match chat is over.
There are other times where a loss feels like a win, if I pull off a really good juke it feels like a win and something to remember, get tunneled in a chase for most of the match and or camped I depip because all I did was get chased (which is not enough to pip) at least I can take some pride knowing my team will respect the fact I distracted the killer long enough for them all to pip with ease and escape at my expense it can still feel like a win.
i see i see.
If i got skillfully outplayed im fine with the outcome (especially as killer as that is often not the case as stalling is not outplaying me personally) That and a positive end game chat if i lose does not feel like a loss. If not it depends on what they say or similar( in game skill, DS BS( as in bullshit),and others).
Personally Face campers( which was a fixed exploit but oh well) dont make me mad or anything (most of the time) because its very common that the killer feels disgusted or some other negative feeling when theydo it anyways (like me for example).
Edit: I have the thanos mentality: I’m rooting for the other team to win for example if I’m a survivor I root for the killer if I’m killer I root for the survivors (I know it’s weird but that’s how I play)
2 kills are the standard for me.
As Survivor dying or not doesn't really matter as long as you know you have Pip. Once you have pip you have won
2 kills should not be by any means a win for the Killer, there are many cases where the entity still counts it as a loss despite you killing all 4 / 2, punishing you for killing them too quick, especially with Myer add-ons
and punishing you for the lack of points in other categories due to the games being too quick
Not too bad since you can use those to De-rank anyway
thats rather good. i have games too as a survivor where i am rooting for the killer too (when hes being looped and/or similar but i wont sabotage games(intentionally) of course.
But as killer im like 90% not rotting for them at all (unless they are friends but i very rarely had that situation)
Thats is cool by me.
Personally if i 2 or three maned if not 4 maned it does not matter what time it took the game to end. but i will pip (2 man is the safety pip at best part).
I remember i had a PTSD game as leatherface in badham in the fake basement magic house where 2 (i think) SWF (I dunno if they were all 4 SWF) just infinited me for like 15 minutes straight each time i hit them they swiched and it was absolutely horrible. I got 24 000 ish if not more points and a safety pip. But the game was a massive Disaster for me with a 4 man escape. I even got a pick up animation canceled for Some ######### reason. So from there on i stoped caring about points especially since i have all the perks i want for my killers anyways.
But i respect your POV person of the web.
Winning is having fun in a round.
As simple as that.
Escaping. Killing. Doing gens. These are all just scoring events.
Rank is only about matchmaking, thus pips are not a factor of “winning the match”. They are just there to move you around in the matchmaking que.
Your score, excluding offering bonuses, is what determines “winning”
If I achieve my target then I chalk it up as a personal win, sod the system
yeah that too.
for me it depends . If i got infinited by the survivor but get like 26 000 BP then i had 0 fun and there fore i lost ya get me?
Having fun, but sadly I don't get this from either side anymore.
Survivors seem to think we all want instant 4ks but that's not the case... I can 4k and still feel as if I lost.
Thats a nice way to see it too.
That sucks . Sorry to hear that.
And yeah i dont like the "we all want instant 4ks" mentality. I just want to feel outplayed not out stalled you know?
If i get saved at the end from a camping killer i honestly feel bad for the killer especially if the game was a gen rush game ( gens done in 6 mins or less). But i know what you feel as well.
when you and the killer agree that your bad team mates were bad.
as a killer, i consider it a 'win' if i don't have to walk across the room to pick up my controller before starting another game.... its an added bonus if i can avoid kicking out the screen of my television.... i find victories wherever possible....
Fair enough
LOL 10 Of 10 best reason.
I think Identity V (DBD's mobile version) has it a win for the killer if 3+ die, a win for the survivors if 3+ live, and a draw if it goes even at 2 dead/alive. I like that way of thinking.
Though, I do admit to considering it a win if I pip against a try hard SWF even if only one dies.
From what i have seen Indentity V seems significantly better designed than dbd at the moment so yeah . And it has a casual and ranked mode to boot.
I think its more like everyone has a different view on what is a win hence why i asked that question to the people. But fair enough.
By having fun.... Allot of times in the game you can experience unfun things... so when you have fun... Then you win!
GO SCHOOL!
No problem with getting hooked, as long as i earned some points.
As killer: 3 kills or better.
As survivor: +1 pip or better.
However, I consider the following a "draw":
As killer: 2 kills 2 escapes.
As survivor: a safety pip.
This is a loss:
As killer: 1 kill or worse
As survivor: -1 pip or worse.
A win is when I had fun and at least slightly managed to do some objectives
For me a win as a Killer is 3 kills and a win for a survivor is 2 survivors get out alive.
In my opinion, when the Devs can show proof that an average 2.5 survivors die per game. That is when this game will be the most balanced.
If i have fun i win aka no 5 mins match
A win for me as killer is getting anything besides "entity displeased"...
For survivor its either escaping or having done enough productive actions in the game to get a healthy chunk of blood points.
I think there can be matches where both sides come out with a "win" because of the asymmetrical game style.
At this point it would be a game where i did not play the benny hill circle jerk game even if it meant that 3 get out. That is the state of killer for me atm. I play neither of the 3 killers that are able to handle loopers. This would mean that i actually had some fun unlike all games now where all you do is deal with sruv bullshit and run in circles.
But the ultimate win for me atm is not playing the game. No more high blood pressure. No more frustration. I play other stuff now that is actually fun unlike this game that brings nothing but bad feelings and hardly ever any fun as killer due to surv bias who pay the bills.
As a survivor I consider a win in any the following scenarios;
thats sucks but oh well. Me hopes you have fun in your next games.
What about killer ?
I'm a survivor main. Very, very rarely play killer.
At least you undestand the negativity killers go though right? and i advise that you play both sides so you undestand both sides of the game as well.
Oh yeah I've played killer. Michael, Wraith, and Freddy mainly. I've also watched plenty of streamers play killer. I know how tough it is.