A Talk About Lower Tier Killers

Something that has been mentioned on the forums and what Otzdarva has talked about recently is lower tier killers. Specifically, how they are treated when someone attempts to use them. Especially in higher ranks.


Survivors will ######### on you for playing a lower tier killer like Wraith or Doctor and bm the hell out you then send messages about how garbage the player is and blah blah blah. All survivors waiting at the gate to t bag and flashlight click at the gate. Then, those SAME people complain when that killer player uses a more viable character like Spirit (sometimes Ghostface, I've had a survivor tell me they dced because I played as Ghostie boi) and messages insults like "You had to use such and such killer to kill me". Well yeah, lower tier killers get ######### on and was hated on for even trying.


Pro gamer tip: if you are tired of seeing so many Spirits (or any), Billy, and Nurses (on PC). Complain about how unfun they are to go against then don't make the person feel like ######### for trying to use different killers. Most players already know they are at a disadvantage using other killers so don't bm them and message insults to make them feel worse.


Yes, messages can be ignored or even blocked completely. Friend requests can be blocked. Individual people can be blocked. Though doesn't that seem extreme for just a game? People can be real shitheads with little reason. With all that very much still leaves a sour taste in the players after a match.


Personal example: I like to play Nurse on PS4 to try something different and for a different kind of challenge but after getting bmed so much and messaged insults I will no longer even attempt playing as her.

I've turned off messages and friend requests before but I always miss talking to others. There are a few nice individuals who play on PS4 (like Groot) that I like talking to or just sending a gg. So, I keep messages on and just deal with the toxic messages when they pop up.


This post is not about "toxic" behaviour in general or how to handle it. It's about how players are treated when using lower tier killers. How people complain about going against Spirit or Nurse when, for a lot of players, it isn't fun playing most the other characters because of how unviable they are.


Yes, Doctor can get 4ks. So can Legion. But that doesn't take away the massive difference between what it's like playing Wraith versus playing Spirit. It's fun winning a game here and there.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've had this exact same thought.

    1: Use less powerful perks or lower tier killers, survivors troll you and teabag and act like they're God's gift to DBD.

    2: Use powerful perks and a high tier killer. Survivors whine and complain about how unfair and bullshit the game is and how it's ruined their lives and send you messages harassing you.

    The same survivor will either skip around and gloat all self-satisfied, or whine and cry. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's why I NEVER give hatch. ######### em. ######### em all.

  • Don't let the BM keep you from playing Nurse. That is what they want. Don't let the dirtbags win.

  • I love it when survivors get cocky against my Wraith makes it better when I destroy them. Easy wins with Spirit got boring pretty fast for me.

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Don't let the BM keep you from playing Nurse. That is what they want. Don't let the dirtbags win.

    I honestly encourage people to play Nurse, I like facing her.

  • Don't let it get to you so hard. I mean I guess I'm a bit toxic myself as a survivor. I teabag at the gates, feels like a ritual at this point. But mostly because I want the killer to chase me out so I get a little bit more bloodpoints. I don't teabag or flashlight click in game.

    As killer all that means when they do that stuff, not at exit gates, but like actually in game. Like congrats you hit me with a pallet, or jumped over a window before I could hit you, and then start teabagging/pointing? All that does is make me take off the nice gloves. Usually I always attack the person who saved someone off the hook, don't tunnel or camp. Lot's of the time it ends with me having to hook everyone 3 times. At worst I'll slug the person who did a bad save and go after another person.

    But when they teabag/flashlight click me, I see that as a challenge. Like hey please kill me. So they get tunneled with zero remorse, they won't get the hatch if I can help it. I may even proxy camp just to make sure they die.

    By the way, If I'm Ghostface...I teabag with the survivors at the exit gate...it's the only proper thing to do really.

  • @BloodyNights said:

    Don't let it get to you so hard. I mean I guess I'm a bit toxic myself as a survivor. I teabag at the gates, feels like a ritual at this point. But mostly because I want the killer to chase me out so I get a little bit more bloodpoints. I don't teabag or flashlight click in game.

    As killer all that means when they do that stuff, not at exit gates, but like actually in game. Like congrats you hit me with a pallet, or jumped over a window before I could hit you, and then start teabagging/pointing? All that does is make me take off the nice gloves. Usually I always attack the person who saved someone off the hook, don't tunnel or camp. Lot's of the time it ends with me having to hook everyone 3 times. At worst I'll slug the person who did a bad save and go after another person.

    But when they teabag/flashlight click me, I see that as a challenge. Like hey please kill me. So they get tunneled with zero remorse, they won't get the hatch if I can help it. I may even proxy camp just to make sure they die.

    By the way, If I'm Ghostface...I teabag with the survivors at the exit gate...it's the only proper thing to do really.

    I do the same #########. I'm relax and what not. But as soon as you start teabagging and taunt my bing bong boi , I will make sure you will die. It erkks me so much playing toxic #########. Specially since I dont do it as survivor. I just try to survive. But hey kill em all

  • It helps if you don't have emotions...

  • Welp most of the time i play m1 killers (i don't like playing nurse or spirit ) survivors never complain when i use a low tier like Wraith or Trapper they actually feel relieve since the cycle of nurse and spirit gets boring :l

  • So much this. If I didn't get so much crap for losing, I wouldn't have to try so hard to win is the way I see it. Be gracious in your victory, be gracious in your defeat, and everyone will enjoy the game so much more.

  • I always play Wraith, can't stop using Bing Boi Bong.

    And I probably do for the same reason that I always run Devour Hope:

    Using Wraith/Devour Hope to get a 4S/4K is way more satisfying to me.

  • @BloodyNights said:

    Don't let it get to you so hard. I mean I guess I'm a bit toxic myself as a survivor. I teabag at the gates, feels like a ritual at this point. But mostly because I want the killer to chase me out so I get a little bit more bloodpoints. I don't teabag or flashlight click in game.

    As killer all that means when they do that stuff, not at exit gates, but like actually in game. Like congrats you hit me with a pallet, or jumped over a window before I could hit you, and then start teabagging/pointing? All that does is make me take off the nice gloves. Usually I always attack the person who saved someone off the hook, don't tunnel or camp. Lot's of the time it ends with me having to hook everyone 3 times. At worst I'll slug the person who did a bad save and go after another person.

    But when they teabag/flashlight click me, I see that as a challenge. Like hey please kill me. So they get tunneled with zero remorse, they won't get the hatch if I can help it. I may even proxy camp just to make sure they die.

    By the way, If I'm Ghostface...I teabag with the survivors at the exit gate...it's the only proper thing to do really.

    I don't camp, I don't tunnel, I don't run NOED, I don't play top tier killers (except for Hillbilly every now and then) so tbagging me at the exit gates means the person is disappointed I didn't try my best to ruin their game experience.

    Obviously I will try my best to provide said person a more fun game next time I get them in my lobby. Bubba main by the way.

  • You couldn't say it better +1

  • @BloodyNights said:

    Don't let it get to you so hard. I mean I guess I'm a bit toxic myself as a survivor. I teabag at the gates, feels like a ritual at this point. But mostly because I want the killer to chase me out so I get a little bit more bloodpoints. I don't teabag or flashlight click in game.

    As killer all that means when they do that stuff, not at exit gates, but like actually in game. Like congrats you hit me with a pallet, or jumped over a window before I could hit you, and then start teabagging/pointing? All that does is make me take off the nice gloves. Usually I always attack the person who saved someone off the hook, don't tunnel or camp. Lot's of the time it ends with me having to hook everyone 3 times. At worst I'll slug the person who did a bad save and go after another person.

    But when they teabag/flashlight click me, I see that as a challenge. Like hey please kill me. So they get tunneled with zero remorse, they won't get the hatch if I can help it. I may even proxy camp just to make sure they die.

    By the way, If I'm Ghostface...I teabag with the survivors at the exit gate...it's the only proper thing to do really.

    The problem with "Don't let it get to you" is that a LARGE group of Survivors (esp SWF types) are often like this. I have had days & weeks where every other game where I'm not playing my "mains" IE the ones I perform the best with, had several or all Survivors get pretty trollish/bullying, usually when I play Clown at higher ranks, which I hate because Clown is a favorite of mine, but sadly against good Survivor groups, I tend to fall behind.....and they get pretty toxic soon after I make any mistake. Heck sometimes I don't even need to be making mistakes, Pallet slam +teabag is the biggest culprit.


    Kinda hard to ignore that type of behavior when it happens a lot.

  • I agree, I really love trapper, but on high ranks I almost cant play him because when i place trapps at the start, already 2-3 gens pop, even with ruin. And if i go straight for the hunt without trapping, i am a m1 killer without power xD Obviously you have sometimes the coin flip situation but that doesnt happen often.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I agree, I really love trapper, but on high ranks I almost cant play him because when i place trapps at the start, already 2-3 gens pop, even with ruin. And if i go straight for the hunt without trapping, i am a m1 killer without power xD Obviously you have sometimes the coin flip situation but that doesnt happen often.

    That and your traps will be disarmed as soon as you leave them

  • It's rare for me to be called bad killer for playing low tier killers. More often people say that I did very well despite getting 0k as a Legion (my main btw). Hell, very often after getting 3k-4k some survivors congratulates me and say they are happy for low tier killer to success in red ranks.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718118#Comment_718118

    The problem with "Don't let it get to you" is that a LARGE group of Survivors (esp SWF types) are often like this. I have had days & weeks where every other game where I'm not playing my "mains" IE the ones I perform the best with, had several or all Survivors get pretty trollish/bullying, usually when I play Clown at higher ranks, which I hate because Clown is a favorite of mine, but sadly against good Survivor groups, I tend to fall behind.....and they get pretty toxic soon after I make any mistake. Heck sometimes I don't even need to be making mistakes, Pallet slam +teabag is the biggest culprit.

    Kinda hard to ignore that type of behavior when it happens a lot.

    It's not even just about the bming getting to you. It's that they can away with it and know they can against lower tier tier killers. Those killers, oftentimes, do not pose much threat against decent survivors. This is why I'm in favor of buffing solo survivor if it means lower tier killers get buffed.


    Those sorts of survivors have really dug a hole for themselves with how their behavior influences the game. Players will, predominantly, keep using Spirit, Nurse, and Billy as long they remain at the top and can handle swf. If they ever get nerfed even pc survivors will have a hard time finding games.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718076#Comment_718076

    I honestly encourage people to play Nurse, I like facing her.

    Shes incredibly boring once u get really good tho.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718118#Comment_718118

    The problem with "Don't let it get to you" is that a LARGE group of Survivors (esp SWF types) are often like this. I have had days & weeks where every other game where I'm not playing my "mains" IE the ones I perform the best with, had several or all Survivors get pretty trollish/bullying, usually when I play Clown at higher ranks, which I hate because Clown is a favorite of mine, but sadly against good Survivor groups, I tend to fall behind.....and they get pretty toxic soon after I make any mistake. Heck sometimes I don't even need to be making mistakes, Pallet slam +teabag is the biggest culprit.

    Kinda hard to ignore that type of behavior when it happens a lot.

    I got pretty thick skin, I don't really get mad very easily. Survivors are toxic, but so are killers. So I'm not gonna just cherry pick one side.

    What's worse than just teabagging? Instantly deleting someone with a mori, and letting the last person crawl for what feels like 10 minutes looking for the hatch, and when they finally find it, the killer who's been slowly following them this entire time closes said hatch and then hooks and kills them.

    It surprisingly doesn't happen a lot to me though I will admit. Most of the time unless it's like Pallet city I think on one of the Azaroth maps, or the Corn fields. Those survivors are scrambling for their life. I play Michael, Ghostface, Demogorgon, Freddy, and Legion.

  • So much propaganda against survivors, thats ridiculous.

  • @FiftyCalReaper said:

    I've had this exact same thought.

    1: Use less powerful perks or lower tier killers, survivors troll you and teabag and act like they're God's gift to DBD.

    2: Use powerful perks and a high tier killer. Survivors whine and complain about how unfair and bullshit the game is and how it's ruined their lives and send you messages harassing you.

    The same survivor will either skip around and gloat all self-satisfied, or whine and cry. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's why I NEVER give hatch. ######### em. ######### em all.

    It was actually the new hatch mechanic (spawns regardless of gens done) that made me stop giving hatch. If I was dominating a game I would typically let the last do a gen to open hatch and escape. With that hatch being given for free I now have no mercy.

    PS: I do show mercy during rank reset if I notice I have a new player in the match ^.^ don't want them all to quit playing.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    So much propaganda against survivors, thats ridiculous.

    I understand your sentiment and yes I agree that this game is toxic on both sides, but the issue being discussed here is killer related and thus it is the toxic survivors who are being addressed as the issue.

    Because this game is 1v4 there will always be more toxic survivors than killer but this does not mean both are not completely capable (and have shown multiple times) of being toxic.

    Just try to understand in most post "survivor" and "killer" refer to the role and not anyone who plays that role specifically. At least that's what I believe most people mean ^.^

  • I’ve faced a lot of really good ones and still found it fun, I’m currently very rusty but back when I mained Nurse I found her fun.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718670#Comment_718670

    I’ve faced a lot of really good ones and still found it fun, I’m currently very rusty but back when I mained Nurse I found her fun.

    Oh I love facing a good Nurse. Probably my favorite thing to play against is a great nurse. I use to main her till Spirit dropped. Towards the end my goal of each match with Nurse was see how fast I could end it.

    I suck at Nurse now

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718825#Comment_718825

    Oh I love facing a good Nurse. Probably my favorite thing to play against is a great nurse. I use to main her till Spirit dropped. Towards the end my goal of each match with Nurse was see how fast I could end it.

    I suck at Nurse now

    I use to get dcs and hook suicides, now I get bullied as nurse.😂

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718837#Comment_718837

    I use to get dcs and hook suicides, now I get bullied as nurse.😂

    Same lmao

    Luckily I can still bully any lvl Nurse. Provided they dnt just walk.

  • What intent I had was made clear so as to not cause confusion but I'll reiterate:

    It was an attempt at explaining why there are so few lower tier killers in high ranks which survivors, oftentimes, complain about. Spirit and Nurse taking the brunt of those complaints.


    As I stated in my original post: "This post is not about "toxic" behaviour in general or how to handle it. It's about how players are treated when using lower tier killers. How people complain about going against Spirit or Nurse when, for a lot of players, it isn't fun playing most the other characters because of how unviable they are".

  • Thank you for posting that clip

  • @FiftyCalReaper said:

    I've had this exact same thought.

    1: Use less powerful perks or lower tier killers, survivors troll you and teabag and act like they're God's gift to DBD.

    2: Use powerful perks and a high tier killer. Survivors whine and complain about how unfair and bullshit the game is and how it's ruined their lives and send you messages harassing you.

    The same survivor will either skip around and gloat all self-satisfied, or whine and cry. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's why I NEVER give hatch. ######### em. ######### em all.

    Cmon man baby Dwight? What about the guy who moonwalks then tbags his teammate? What about the surv who genuinely outplays the ######### out of you in a non toxic way.


    There's good survs, skilled ones who DONT act like #########.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718065#Comment_718065

    Cmon man baby Dwight? What about the guy who moonwalks then tbags his teammate? What about the surv who genuinely outplays the ######### out of you in a non toxic way.

    There's good survs, skilled ones who DONT act like #########.

    Never said there wasn't good survivors that don't act that way. Your point?

    MY point was that, the same survivors that whine and cry in Killer inboxes are the survivors that sit there and act cocky and teabag whenever they have the upper hand. Nowhere in that did I ever claim that decent survivors are nonexistent.

  • It's all horrible playing a lower tier killer besides LF.

    Personally i don't think he's so bad. i think he's a mid tier killer with perks and add ons but other than that every other low tier killer gets rekted by survivors.

    I've actually been on a 13 4k streak on LF at red ranks on ps4. Mainly because people see him and think "worst killer in the game time for me to bulleh him" just for me to get pwyf stacks and instantly wreck their day.

    That being said i get a lot of hate messages playing LF because i "camped" or "tunneled" when a i really did was act stooped to the obsession to get stacks so they can underestimate me mid game so i can murder them. But when i play a strong killer I do get less hate messages than usual. I think the reason why is because they got killed by a lower tier killer so that's embarrassing to them ig so they take their hate on the killer.