Give Pig A Buff Already

Give Pig Rule Set No. 2 in base kit because obviously.

And make Hex: Huntress Lullaby work on Jigsaw Boxes.

In other games when a character is nerfed. It is due to them being top of the meta. Pig was not top tier and you didn’t give her any fair buffs while adding these nerfs. Purposely making her harder to handle. Maybe it’s time to look back and think about possible tuning to balance out the nerfs she has gotten.

Comments

  • yes and yes. I get pig isnt really high on the priority list right now but one or even both of these changes would be real nice

  • I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

    i just want traps to actually be stressful and not just a minor annoyance. it would fit SAW a lot more if survivors actually feared the traps.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

    Then make it so Jigsaw boxes can not be touched until the trap is active

    or

    If you search a jigsaw box but fail and your trap is not active. All other Jigsaw boxes are deactivated for 30 seconds. Causing more risk in early bear trap gameplay.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

    As of right now, the RBTs are lame. Rules Set No. 2 makes the game feel like SAW.

    @Mookywolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707502#Comment_707502

    i just want traps to actually be stressful and not just a minor annoyance. it would fit SAW a lot more if survivors actually feared the traps.

    This 100% this. As someone who mains Pig along with the Fredster, I agree. If the traps get too many kills, they can be tweaked, but the traps are meant to be scary. People need to realize that Amanda rigged the games to screw with the players, it shouldn't be easy/fair.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707502#Comment_707502

    As of right now, the RBTs are lame. Rules Set No. 2 makes the game feel like SAW.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707508#Comment_707508

    This 100% this. As someone who mains Pig along with the Fredster, I agree. If the traps get too many kills, they can be tweaked, but the traps are meant to be scary. People need to realize that Amanda rigged the games to screw with the players, it shouldn't be easy/fair.

    This is such a great Point. It’s Amanda’s game and she only wanted one outcome.

  • Also give her 5 jigsaw boxes as her base kit to actually make her traps more threatening. Then rework her Jigsaw's Sketch add-on so that searching Jigsaw boxes takes either slightly longer, adds one extra Jigsaw box (to make the total 6), or gives the player a status effect.

  • @Horror_Gaming said:

    Give Pig Rule Set No. 2 in base kit because obviously.

    And make Hex: Huntress Lullaby work on Jigsaw Boxes.

    In other games when a character is nerfed. It is due to them being top of the meta. Pig was not top tier and you didn’t give her any fair buffs while adding these nerfs. Purposely making her harder to handle. Maybe it’s time to look back and think about possible tuning to balance out the nerfs she has gotten.

    The biggest one that pisses me off is there's a certain instance where they can leave the match with a trap on their head.


    i advise anything that reduces the charge of ambush and make it your best friend because it's what makes Amanda good

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/89953/give-pig-a-buff-already

    The biggest one that pisses me off is there's a certain instance where they can leave the match with a trap on their head.

    i advise anything that reduces the charge of ambush and make it your best friend because it's what makes Amanda good

    It just bothers me that Pig is probably the easiest character to buff and the Devs just choose to ignore the Saw Community who bought and still enjoy this chapter. Even with the nerfs during the EGC livestream they said they would look at if it effects her and they never have touched or talked about her since.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

    Not to mention Pig can camp the jigsaw boxes and prevent survivors from getting off, gettign easy kills. It's an annoying playstyle and this change would just encourage it.

  • @Horror_Gaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707588#Comment_707588

    It just bothers me that Pig is probably the easiest character to buff and the Devs just choose to ignore the Saw Community who bought and still enjoy this chapter. Even during the nerfs during the EGC livestream they said they would look at if it effects her and they never have touched or talked about her since.

    to be honest i wasnt a fan of SAW until after i became a pig main :P but yeah, shes pretty easy to buff but its just gone undone. Rules Set No. 2 is pretty easy to replace as well. make the current one basekit, and have the add on instead activate trap's timers immediately. maybe with an increased timer if its found to be too strong.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707502#Comment_707502

    Not to mention Pig can camp the jigsaw boxes and prevent survivors from getting off, gettign easy kills. It's an annoying playstyle and this change would just encourage it.

    While camping traps is a valid point. Doing so usually ends in an easy win since you can only camp one box possibly ruining one survivors experience. And at these ranks by the time that 1 survivor is dead. The rest of the gens will be popped since already one had to be done in order for the trap to even be activated.


    It may be annoying but it wouldn’t be game breaking or an automatic win. Also you would end up depiping

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

    2-addons would make a killer way too good! Oh no! We should prevent that at any cost!

    -Iridescent Heads + Infantry Belt

    -Coxcombed Clapper + Ghost - Soot

    -Fragrant Tuft + Judith's Tombstone

    -Omegablink Nurse

    -Prayer Beads Bracelet (1 Addon = SS+ tier killer)


    Your argument is not valid. Pig needs buffs, period.

  • @Horror_Gaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707588#Comment_707588

    It just bothers me that Pig is probably the easiest character to buff and the Devs just choose to ignore the Saw Community who bought and still enjoy this chapter. Even during the nerfs during the EGC livestream they said they would look at if it effects her and they never have touched or talked about her since.

    justice needed

  • I’m not sure about make rule set no. 2 part of base kit but I like your idea with Hex: Lullaby. Personally I think that increasing her crouch movement speed from 92 to 94% would be a nice change. The meta really makes it to where you can’t play stealth Pig because of gen Rush.

  • @Star99er said:

    I’m not sure about make rule set no. 2 part of base kit but I like your idea with Hex: Lullaby. Personally I think that increasing her crouch movement speed from 92 to 94% would be a nice change. The meta really makes it to where you can’t play stealth Pig because of gen Rush.

    In that vein, why does ghostface get on-demand stealth, and an instant crouch, but pig has a super slow crouch, with the stealth slowly fading in afterwards?

  • @QwrtyMan213 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707675#Comment_707675

    In that vein, why does ghostface get on-demand stealth, and an instant crouch, but pig has a super slow crouch, with the stealth slowly fading in afterwards?

    she has bad knees, needs to take her time crouching.

    but that is a bit odd, yeah

  • PIG BUFFS NOW.

    Rule set no.2 is really weak as it is and should be base as countless others have said. You can still find jigsaw boxes very easily even without their auras being shown.

    Revert her TR back to 28 meters would be nice as well.

    And still waiting for that undetectable effect to apply to her crouched.

    We haven’t forgotten that pigs traps are useless now during endgame collapse too. And making her dash not count as a basic attack was such a bad move. These changes would at least offset some of the ongoing nerfs she’s been receiving in the past year.

    PIG BUFFS NOW. PIG BUFFS NOW. PIG BUFFS NOW. OINK.

  • @Horror_Gaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707502#Comment_707502

    Then make it so Jigsaw boxes can not be touched until the trap is active

    or

    If you search a jigsaw box but fail and your trap is not active. All other Jigsaw boxes are deactivated for 30 seconds. Causing more risk in early bear trap gameplay.

    Your first suggestion would be pretty much the same thing. The game is balanced around the fact that killers need to hook survivors three times or long enough until their Bleed Out timer hhas run out in order to get kills.

    A buff like this or Rule Set No. 2 will give her a much higher potential to simply kill survivors with her bear traps, which the game is not balanced around, and would just throw the game's balance out of the window. If a survivor gets killed by a bear trap early on, than that's a huge advantage for a killer simply because you were able to down a survivor once and rng was on your side. I think that would be too much for Pig.

    Especially since I also think thhat Pig isn't a weak killer. She has the best ability to slow down the game already, plus stealth, plus even some mindgame potential on loops other M1 killers don't have with her Charge attack.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm surprised people want Rule Set No. 2 in base kit. I personally don't think that would be good. The main purpose of Pig's Reversed Bear Traps is to slow the game down, not kill survivors.

    If it becomes part of the base kit, then you could use the addon that increases the available jigsaw boxes by one and the addon that decreases the Bear Trap timer. It would be way too likely to get kills via Reversed Bear Traps. And probably very annoying for survivors as well since it's based on rng.

    One buff I would love to see is for survivors to have a 0% chance to receive the key for your Reveresed Bear Trap in the first Jigsaw Box you search. But Rule Set No. 2 would be too good in my opinion.

    Rules Set No. 2 doesn't really improve the killing efficiency of the RBTs beyond what is already possible without it, though. What you are fearing is already possible if a Generator is finished while the Trapped Survivor is still on the hook, which doesn't really seem to be an issue at all. RSN2 does nothing to change that at all. The only part that gets affected is Survivors being able to take the Trap off quickly and before the Timer starts.

  • @QwrtyMan213 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707502#Comment_707502

    2-addons would make a killer way too good! Oh no! We should prevent that at any cost!

    -Iridescent Heads + Infantry Belt

    -Coxcombed Clapper + Ghost - Soot

    -Fragrant Tuft + Judith's Tombstone

    -Omegablink Nurse

    -Prayer Beads Bracelet (1 Addon = SS+ tier killer)

    Your argument is not valid. Pig needs buffs, period.

    I've explained why I think it would be too much, getting kills with Bear Traps often would throw the game's balance out of the window. Showing that other killers can have overpowered combinations doesn't really change my opinion on that, and doesn't make my argument directly invalid. Of course this is just my opinion though regarding Pig.

    Also, I don't feel like Wraith's combo is op, and that of Myers is pretty damn bad as far I can tell. I mean you've got low movement speed plus you need to stalk for ages. Omegablink Nurse is not even an argument anymore since it will be gone once nurse is reworked. And Huntress with Iridescent Head, yes I'd probably agree that's a little too good. I'd rather have that changed though.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707609#Comment_707609

    I've explained why I think it would be too much, getting kills with Bear Traps often would throw the game's balance out of the window. Showing that other killers can have overpowered combinations doesn't really change my opinion on that, and doesn't make my argument directly invalid. Of course this is just my opinion though regarding Pig.

    Also, I don't feel like Wraith's combo is op, and that of Myers is pretty damn bad as far I can tell. I mean you've got low movement speed plus you need to stalk for ages. Omegablink Nurse is not even an argument anymore since it will be gone once nurse is reworked. And Huntress with Iridescent Head, yes I'd probably agree that's a little too good. I'd rather have that changed though.

    Do you think it is OP when a Trapped Survivor has the gen pop while they are still on the hook vs. a Pig with TT and Crate? If so, that would mean one of those two would need to be nerfed. If not, why is adding RSN2 (which, as I have said earlier, does not change that best-case scenario for the Pig) the straw that breaks the camel's back?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708606#Comment_708606

    Do you think it is OP when a Trapped Survivor has the gen pop while they are still on the hook vs. a Pig with TT and Crate? If so, that would mean one of those two would need to be nerfed. If not, why is adding RSN2 (which, as I have said earlier, does not change that best-case scenario for the Pig) the straw that breaks the camel's back?

    That doesn't happen that often though, while with Rule Set No. 2, that would happen every time. It could become particularly problematic if two or more survivors have Reversed Bear Traps on their head and are all just starting to look for jigsaw boxes at the same time once their Bear Traps have been activated.

    You've got a point but to me that's too far away from being the same so to me Rule Set No. 2 still seems too good for Pig.

    I wouldn't mind some small buffs to her but not that one.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708626#Comment_708626

    That doesn't happen that often though, while with Rule Set No. 2, that would happen every time. It could become particularly problematic if two or more survivors have Reversed Bear Traps on their head and are all just starting to look for jigsaw boxes at the same time once their Bear Traps have been activated.

    You've got a point but to me that's too far away from being the same so to me Rule Set No. 2 still seems too good for Pig.

    I wouldn't mind some small buffs to her but not that one.

    It doesn't have to happen too often for it to be OP, though. Either it is or it isn't. RSN2 doesn't add much unless Survivors take forever to do one gen.

    Also, I've had multiple Survivors have active traps on them many times. I don't see what RSN2 really changes about that.

  • Anyone else think Amanda's traps need a full on rework rather than just a buff?

    What if, instead of Amanda personally trapping Survivors, every Survivor starts the game with an RBT? Instead of Survivors immediately removing them, the RBTs have three mechanisms and cannot be removed until all three keys are found.

    The first two gens that get completed activate the first mechanism, the second two gens activate the second mechanism, and halve the total time on any still active RBTs, and the final gen activates the final mechanism and havles the total time on any still active.

    So instead of Amanda being reliant on quick downs in the early game to slow generator progress, Survivors are forced to either do a 2nd objective or die three times throughout the course of the game.

    Her add-ons would almost all need to be modified of course, but I think the traps would be much more in keeping with the spirit of Saw's 'twisted game of life and death' than they currently are.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    Anyone else think Amanda's traps need a full on rework rather than just a buff?

    What if, instead of Amanda personally trapping Survivors, every Survivor starts the game with an RBT? Instead of Survivors immediately removing them, the RBTs have three mechanisms and cannot be removed until all three keys are found.

    The first two gens that get completed activate the first mechanism, the second two gens activate the second mechanism, and halve the total time on any still active RBTs, and the final gen activates the final mechanism and havles the total time on any still active.

    So instead of Amanda being reliant on quick downs in the early game to slow generator progress, Survivors are forced to either do a 2nd objective or die three times throughout the course of the game.

    Her add-ons would almost all need to be modified of course, but I think the traps would be much more in keeping with the spirit of Saw's 'twisted game of life and death' than they currently are.

    That seems like it would make gameplay less interesting for the Pig, as all she would have from a Killer interaction standpoint is the ambush.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708684#Comment_708684

    That seems like it would make gameplay less interesting for the Pig, as all she would have from a Killer interaction standpoint is the ambush.

    Is putting RBTs on Survivors before hooking them really that interactive?

    I suppose there's the potential "will I trap them or not" dilemma, but I don't see how removing that in favor of everyone always being trapped is a bad thing.

    If it is a big issue, there's no reason her Ambush couldn't be modified to be more interesting. I've been thinking for a while it'd be cool if she could fast vault pallets and windows while dashing; it'd increase the potential for mindgames with it, and make short loops very unsafe against her.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/707502#Comment_707502

    i just want traps to actually be stressful and not just a minor annoyance. it would fit SAW a lot more if survivors actually feared the traps.

    Make them spawn with the traps on their head with the timer already activated I guess?

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/708697#Comment_708697

    Is putting RBTs on Survivors before hooking them really that interactive?

    I suppose there's the potential "will I trap them or not" dilemma, but I don't see how removing that in favor of everyone always being trapped is a bad thing.

    If it is a big issue, there's no reason her Ambush couldn't be modified to be more interesting. I've been thinking for a while it'd be cool if she could fast vault pallets and windows while dashing; it'd increase the potential for mindgames with it, and make short loops very unsafe against her.

    I mean, it promotes resource management and to an extent allows for subtle changes in playstyle (moreso before the EGC changes). That to me seem a bit more interesting than simply putting them all on at the very start and being done with it.

    Also, the fast vault thing would just start to invade on Legion's territory.