BHVR... Why do you hate solo survivors so much?

Like, why do we have to suffer with so much lack of informations? I'm not asking for infinite bond basekit. I'm asking for some absolute basics, which aren't changing the game much but give smart and experienced players some informations to work with. For example this picture here (made by me):

sketch-1567624964448.png

Just knowing the perks and items/addons of you random team mates would help so much during the game to make the right decision.

Or having entity legs around ALL survivor indicating who is getting chased. And to separate them from the real obsession, the obsession would have RED entity legs instead of white entity legs.

This is the absolute basic. How can the devs say that they care about solo survivors, that they want to close the gap between solos and swf but haven't even got those things which would take 1 hour at max to implement. No, sorry. I can't believe you BHVR. I can't believe that you care about solos. Since 3 years I have seen a handful minor changes for solos at best. Probably even less, cuz atm I can't call more than having the obsession legs displayed to all in the HUD.

Comments

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669835#Comment_669835

    Randoms suck..its reality..but your sitting here saying the devs are neglecting you when killers have taken a backseat to solo survivors..its just so wrong

    I really don't understand your point. What are you trying to say now?

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669851#Comment_669851

    I really don't understand your point. What are you trying to say now?

    I already said it plain as day..

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669378#Comment_669378

    You clearly are bitter about something so lemme explain.

    This information is only gonna help soloq and small SWF groups (like groups of 2) in that context, the game is actually perfectly balanced. Since soloq is pretty much a free 4k anyways.

    You say killers are supposed to be the power role but to what extent? Is a rank 20 killer supposed to win against a rank 1 Survivior no matter what? Is a survivor supposed to be heavily disadvantaged and forced to outplay the killer multiple times over and pray to god their team actually does something.

    You sound more entitled than any Survivior main.

    Indeed. This is ultimately a good thing for everyone including the Killers.

    Also Power role just means the individual members of one role is stronger than the individual members of the other role.

    So in this case the Killer should be stronger than a Survivor. That doesn't mean he needs to be stronger than their entire team at once.

    If this game is to be balanced then the Killer needs to be equal to the Survivor team in strength, since this makes him stronger than an individual Survivor this also makes him the power role.

    Using the "needs to be the Power role" makes sense when discussing the Killer having the advantage in individual chases or other 1v1 interactions such as the hatch endgame. But doesn't hold up when talking about making the Killer stronger than the Survivors in terms of more general actions such as Gen Pressure and saves via multiple Survivors working together at once.

    There are other arguments that could be used (for example he still needs to have Gen pressure even if the Survivors do still need to be able to make progress), but not the "power role" argument.

    This kind of ally tracking information is one such situation where "Power Role" doesn't work as a counter argument, since it isn't a 1v1 interaction.

  • Well, Idk what to say if I don't understand it. Bye then I guess.

  • https://youtu.be/zc61dKOVGUU


    The worst part is the mobile port literally has this feature in the game. Why can't we get it on the PC version?

  • @Gibberish said:

    The perks being shown in the lobby should be added.

    But the entity legs during chase should not. It shouldnt even be there for the obsession.

    Why not though? Swf have that information, it's only fair for solo survivors to also gain at least some of the information that swf survivors have. It's the only proper way to balance this game.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669378#Comment_669378

    You clearly are bitter about something so lemme explain.

    This information is only gonna help soloq and small SWF groups (like groups of 2) in that context, the game is actually perfectly balanced. Since soloq is pretty much a free 4k anyways.

    You say killers are supposed to be the power role but to what extent? Is a rank 20 killer supposed to win against a rank 1 Survivior no matter what? Is a survivor supposed to be heavily disadvantaged and forced to outplay the killer multiple times over and pray to god their team actually does something.

    You sound more entitled than any Survivior main.

    I really wouldn't call solo queue a free 4k though. You can still play quite optimally even when solo queuing. But it's in general much harder, so any information that solo survivors can get that swf have is very important. I mean, if swf have it already? And you can't get rid of swf.

  • @Vlyse said:

    I don't think buffing solo survivors to match SWF is what should happen. SWF power levels are much higher.

    I think SWF should be nerfed, if anything. Solo survivor is the true experience the devs wanted and ended up caving in to add SWF when people threw their arms up because they couldn't play with their friends.

    How should they nerf swf though? It seems much easier to buff solo survivors. And swf is very important to the game. You can't blame people for wanting to play with their friends.

  • @justarandy said:

    Like, why do we have to suffer with so much lack of informations? I'm not asking for infinite bond basekit. I'm asking for some absolute basics, which aren't changing the game much but give smart and experienced players some informations to work with. For example this picture here (made by me):

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/750/IWI6O63S08DK.png

    Just knowing the perks and items/addons of you random team mates would help so much during the game to make the right decision.

    Or having entity legs around ALL survivor indicating who is getting chased. And to separate them from the real obsession, the obsession would have RED entity legs instead of white entity legs.

    This is the absolute basic. How can the devs say that they care about solo survivors, that they want to close the gap between solos and swf but haven't even got those things which would take 1 hour at max to implement. No, sorry. I can't believe you BHVR. I can't believe that you care about solos. Since 3 years I have seen a handful minor changes for solos at best. Probably even less, cuz atm I can't call more than having the obsession legs displayed to all in the HUD.

    basically you want as killer to get all info about survivors. but survivors can't see even wich killer you are... :)) so, what's your point? :)) just because they are 4 ? :)) i would like , as main survivor , to see what killer you are, and to talk with you in that chat :)) but hey, not gonna happen :)) and also , by that image , to see characters perks changes everything ... because you can change your perks to have better build :))

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669346#Comment_669346

    Oh no, don't get it wrong. Killer will NOT see the perks. It's exclusively for solo survivors.. The Killer will not see anything I edited into the picture.

    oh... well nevermind, forget what i said before :D

  • i can guess with good enough probability what perks people do and don't have by their appearances in the lobbies.

    you'll be able to also after enough games. it's almost as if the lobby looks just like your screenshot.. i dug it. props.

  • @chieftaco said:

    i can guess with good enough probability what perks people do and don't have by their appearances in the lobbies.

    you'll be able to also after enough games. it's almost as if the lobby looks just like your screenshot.. i dug it. props.

    The only thing you can ascertain by looking at a Survivior is that there's a minimum of their 3 teachable perks they have access to (okay theres a Claudette she likely has self care, okay there's a Meg so she probably has Adrenaline). You can't guess that the Jane has Aftercare or that the Dwight has Deliverance.

  • The devs only care about Steve

  • I'm gonna be real honest, if that feature was added I would dodge my teammates if 2 or more had Urban Evasion. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one either. That feature wouldn't be healthy at all for the game.

    Items are fine, not perks

  • @JetTheWaffleCat said:

    I'm gonna be real honest, if that feature was added I would dodge my teammates if 2 or more had Urban Evasion. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one either. That feature wouldn't be healthy at all for the game.

    Items are fine, not perks

    Why dodging them?

    Also killers can dodge survivors based on skins, names and items aswell. Is it unhealthy? No, not at all.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/670194#Comment_670194

    The only thing you can ascertain by looking at a Survivior is that there's a minimum of their 3 teachable perks they have access to (okay theres a Claudette she likely has self care, okay there's a Meg so she probably has Adrenaline). You can't guess that the Jane has Aftercare or that the Dwight has Deliverance.

    please don't try to correct others on what they can or can't do.

    when i look at people in the lobby (after thousands and thousands of hours in game), i can tell by their characters and appearance what their play style is.

    if they are looking like immersed survivors, that means they are objective rush & leave players. this means most likely no BT, no SelfCare, they probably have Adrenaline, Iron Will, quick & quiet maybe, and maybe even urban evasion. if you end up on a hook in their game there is a very good chance that is where you will stay until you aren't in the game anymore.

    if they look like non-immersed survivors, they understand the flow of the game a little better IMO and probably do have BT and/or other perks useful in helping them do what needs to be done, instead of just helping them "stay alive long enough".

    so, in recap, over time, you can guess pretty well what perks players do and don't have, relatively well enough.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671178#Comment_671178

    Why dodging them?

    Also killers can dodge survivors based on skins, names and items aswell. Is it unhealthy? No, not at all.

    because those players aren't conducive to team play, mostly. contrary to popular belief most people don't enjoy playing this game as hide-and-seek or king-of-the-hill.

  • You have 50 seconds to chat.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671178#Comment_671178

    Why dodging them?

    Also killers can dodge survivors based on skins, names and items aswell. Is it unhealthy? No, not at all.

    Personally if I see someone Urban Evading around the map I assume they do nothing to help the team. They'll usually hide and do nothing. I'm not saying all Urban Evasion gamers are like this but it's the majority of them.

    I know that killers dodge for cosmetics, it's unjustified to me unless it's a Blendette.

    Items depend on the person. The only thing I'd dodge is 4 toolboxes.

    Names I don't really understand why.

  • Yeah I could definitely see people dodging lobbies because one of the team is using a perk they don't approve of.


    For example dodging because somebody was running no mither

  • @Mr_K said:

    You have 50 seconds to chat.

    not any more. chat has been removed from the version of the game on PTB. post game still exists i think tho.. i remember saying gg a lot.

  • @chieftaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/670975#Comment_670975

    please don't try to correct others on what they can or can't do.

    when i look at people in the lobby (after thousands and thousands of hours in game), i can tell by their characters and appearance what their play style is.

    if they are looking like immersed survivors, that means they are objective rush & leave players. this means most likely no BT, no SelfCare, they probably have Adrenaline, Iron Will, quick & quiet maybe, and maybe even urban evasion. if you end up on a hook in their game there is a very good chance that is where you will stay until you aren't in the game anymore.

    if they look like non-immersed survivors, they understand the flow of the game a little better IMO and probably do have BT and/or other perks useful in helping them do what needs to be done, instead of just helping them "stay alive long enough".

    so, in recap, over time, you can guess pretty well what perks players do and don't have, relatively well enough.

    I don't agree. A lot of people just have skins because they like it or want and advantage. The skin doesn't represent their playstyle at all. I had "immersed" looking Claudettes looping the killer for minutes and helping everyone where possible and I hat neon "toxic" skin Neas who where urban evading in the corner of the map.

    And btw, I have over 2k hours, since hours is something to make a point more solid apparently.

  • @chieftaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671209#Comment_671209

    because those players aren't conducive to team play, mostly. contrary to popular belief most people don't enjoy playing this game as hide-and-seek or king-of-the-hill.

    So, you rather don't want have that mechanic because you would dodge and instead... You want to go into the match and just get tilted by your team mates? That's some logic from another universe lol.

  • @Mr_K said:

    You have 50 seconds to chat.

    What's your point? I can't force others to chat. The world isn't spinning around USA or whatever. Not everyone speaks English. So... Again... What is your point?

  • @Volfawott said:

    Yeah I could definitely see people dodging lobbies because one of the team is using a perk they don't approve of.

    For example dodging because somebody was running no mither

    Yeah alright, but what is the issue when 1 "e-sport" survivor main dodges the lobby because not everyone is running meta perks? The empty slot will get filled within 10 seconds. Why are so many people making big drama about that?


  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671233#Comment_671233

    I don't agree. A lot of people just have skins because they like it or want and advantage. The skin doesn't represent their playstyle at all. I had "immersed" looking Claudettes looping the killer for minutes and helping everyone where possible and I hat neon "toxic" skin Neas who where urban evading in the corner of the map.

    And btw, I have over 2k hours, since hours is something to make a point more solid apparently.

    listing hours isn't good, because it isn't an accurate representation of skill.. as i say so frequently here, i have 5k hours, but i know people that have more hours than i do that have spent most of their hours in a closet or pretending to be a rock, which doesn't lend itself well to game experience.

    there are immersed claudettes that can loop, yes. sometimes they help people too, yes.

    that doesn't change the fact that they depend on stealth play, typically indicating a player who is at the very least slightly more likely to be playing greedily. anyone who consistently stops what they're doing to go blend into a shadow or a nook somewhere isn't someone i would ever want on my team, just saying. there are also "rambo" scaredettes that don't do anything but follow around the killer and watch what he's doing all game.. again, not someone i would ever want to have on my team. they usually end up just squatting in the middle of my loops & are overall a waste of a player slot in the trial IMO.

    in the same breath, i'll admit that loading into games with characters with bright clothing leads me to find out they're just standing in lockers a lot because their clothes are too bright and they don't want to be found.

    very generally speaking, i am much more likely to have a fun game with brighter colored players, and much more likely to watch immersed looking players squat randomly around the map watching people die for no reason.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/671242#Comment_671242

    So, you rather don't want have that mechanic because you would dodge and instead... You want to go into the match and just get tilted by your team mates? That's some logic from another universe lol.

    i put some thought into this a long time ago, and what i came up with is it's a catch 22.. nothing can be done.

    the only way to "fix" it would be to provide separate queues for different play styles. the problem with this idea in general is no killer would ever want to load into the stealth queue to play hide and seek with a full group of hiders by "choice".

    that means those players would never get a game, bringing them right back to the "everybody" queue where it's just a whammy when a killer gets that 4 person stealth queue.

    hopefully in the typical game the stealth guys aren't the majority, or if so maybe the killer gets lucky and tries to bait another one out of their hiding spot.. either way it makes for a super boring game. there are a lot of objects to crouch behind and a lot of lockers to stand in. plus you can see the killer coming and see what direction he's looking in using your superior 3rd person vantage. it only takes the most basic of skills to pull off stealth play and it comes at the expense of a lousy time for everyone except those so hungry for an "escape" they're willing to skip as many aspects of the game as possible to achieve it.

    while some people think this is super fun because the killer is so blind or whatever they say these days, for me as survivor on your team or as killer, i'm just motivated to end the super boring game as quick as possible and let you guys stealth it out.

  • lol ... LOL ... Sure, BHVR give this survivor what they want, no .. seriously .. hee heee heee ... I think .. AHAHAhahaha.. that this is a HAHAHAHAHAaaa -wheeze- awesome Idea ... -revs chainsaw- I mean ... ahahahaa -spirit whooshing noises- this will totally .. heee hee.. help their gameplay ... -watching random survivor disconnects- AHAHAHAhahah I love waiting 15 min for a game of musical survivor ...

  • @justarandy said:

    Like, why do we have to suffer with so much lack of informations? I'm not asking for infinite bond basekit. I'm asking for some absolute basics, which aren't changing the game much but give smart and experienced players some informations to work with. For example this picture here (made by me):

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/750/IWI6O63S08DK.png

    Just knowing the perks and items/addons of you random team mates would help so much during the game to make the right decision.

    Or having entity legs around ALL survivor indicating who is getting chased. And to separate them from the real obsession, the obsession would have RED entity legs instead of white entity legs.

    This is the absolute basic. How can the devs say that they care about solo survivors, that they want to close the gap between solos and swf but haven't even got those things which would take 1 hour at max to implement. No, sorry. I can't believe you BHVR. I can't believe that you care about solos. Since 3 years I have seen a handful minor changes for solos at best. Probably even less, cuz atm I can't call more than having the obsession legs displayed to all in the HUD.

    What if a survivor is working with the killer? The survivor can spoil every perk/add-ons the other players have and then the killer can expect the perk/add-on and counter it. It makes sense on why this isn't a thing.

  • @Lx4_x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/85354/bhvr-why-do-you-hate-solo-survivors-so-much

    What if a survivor is working with the killer? The survivor can spoil every perk/add-ons the other players have and then the killer can expect the perk/add-on and counter it. It makes sense on why this isn't a thing.

    This is bannable. Also, I versed only around 10 survivors working with the killer (they were friends) since 2016 with over 2k hours. This problem is nearly not existing. And a toxic survivor who wants to ruin the experience of the team mates by teaming with the killer doesn't need to know your perks. He will ruin it no matter what.

  • Cause Swf makes it hard to balance.

  • I haven't finished reading the rest of the comments but it works similarly on the mobile version so not sure why they couldn't implement it here. Currently on mobile you see the four perks as well as what item someone has + addons.

  • @Mr_K actually, on console we don’t get a lobby chat and honestly, good luck making a strategy with three other survivors while typing with a controller.

  • It's a good idea that the OP is suggesting. Other things I would like to see include having hash marks by players names in the UI indicating how far along they are in the sacrifice progress. I would also like to see a totem counter pop up when a totem is broken. All these things are information that players already have access to. It should just be included in the game.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669378#Comment_669378

    Please, think before talking. The strongest thing in dbd is 4 men swf group with voice coms and meta perks. But they will already know what perks everyone is using due to pre made team and just simply communication. This, will NOT buff the strongest thing possible survivors can have. It ONLY buffs solos. Swf groups won't gain anything from that. They will not be stronger. So I don't understand why you complain about that

    That's my point exactly, Swf is already op and you guys want to buff solo. This would make a miserable experience for the killer unless you start buffing them as well at which point there wouldn't be an issue.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669378#Comment_669378

    You clearly are bitter about something so lemme explain.

    This information is only gonna help soloq and small SWF groups (like groups of 2) in that context, the game is actually perfectly balanced. Since soloq is pretty much a free 4k anyways.

    You say killers are supposed to be the power role but to what extent? Is a rank 20 killer supposed to win against a rank 1 Survivior no matter what? Is a survivor supposed to be heavily disadvantaged and forced to outplay the killer multiple times over and pray to god their team actually does something.

    You sound more entitled than any Survivior main.

    Solo is a free 4k? You must be completely trash that depends on coms to survive cause i play solo survivor every day about 10 matches and escape about 6-7 times easily. The survivors are supposed to struggle to escape, that's the point of the game!!!

  • @kid187em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/669502#Comment_669502

    That's my point exactly, Swf is already op and you guys want to buff solo. This would make a miserable experience for the killer unless you start buffing them as well at which point there wouldn't be an issue.

    Killers need a buff anyway to combat swf groups. Buffing solos to get closer to SWF will just make it actually possible

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668992#Comment_668992

    You say that, except the devs had to remove showing ranks in Survivor lobbies exactly because of that issue.

    Why we can see rank again in the PTB now is beyond me.

    As a killer, I'd rather see the ranks beforehand then not. Not to dodge, but to know what I'm up against, because seeing 4 default Dwights can mean vastly different things if you presume one thing or the other.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673105#Comment_673105

    Killers need a buff anyway to combat swf groups. Buffing solos to get closer to SWF will just make it actually possible

    I would have no problem with this, as long as the killers get buffes as well.

  • @kid187em said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/673212#Comment_673212

    I would have no problem with this, as long as the killers get buffes as well.

    That was the plan, phase 1 of balancing the whole game :)

  • @Peanits what do you personally think about that idea? And can you try to get this idea into the office and collect opinions to share it with us? We solos are really thirsty, give us some enjoyment please..

  • @ad19970 said:

    We need both of your suggestions in this game so bad. There is no reason not to, since swf survivors already have this information, so why shouldn't solo survivors have this information as well? Just makes their life a bit easier, which is only fair.

    One other advantage of swf survivors which solo survivors need big time is knowing whenever a killer is camping or not. It makes such a difference for swf survivors to have this information, and it's not fair that solo survivors are left out of this as well.

    That's what arm flapping is for. Arms flap? Killer trap!

  • This is actually a pretty good idea to help solo coordinate during a match. @Peanits is this something discussed in the office? I really want that :)

  • Wait how are you able to post threads but it says you're banned? Am I missing something?

  • Ah, the lobby dodging would go through the roof. OP, no. First, BHVR does not hate anyone. They have a ton of development issues, and I give them grief all the time for it, but they don't hate a segment of their players.

    Information, like what you posted, would cause lobby dodging by you more sweaty, unimaginative survivor. You're not running DS or BT, I'm out of here.

    When I play survivor, which is less and less lately, I run no meta perks. No DS, BT, Adrenaline, or exhaustion perks. I rarely even run Blendette. Good old Jeff or Feng with DWM, and whatever build I'm going for. Imagine the horror!

  • why not show them in game? What’s the excuse for this?

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    Ah, the lobby dodging would go through the roof. OP, no. First, BHVR does not hate anyone. They have a ton of development issues, and I give them grief all the time for it, but they don't hate a segment of their players.

    Information, like what you posted, would cause lobby dodging by you more sweaty, unimaginative survivor. You're not running DS or BT, I'm out of here.

    When I play survivor, which is less and less lately, I run no meta perks. No DS, BT, Adrenaline, or exhaustion perks. I rarely even run Blendette. Good old Jeff or Feng with DWM, and whatever build I'm going for. Imagine the horror!

    You act as if 99% of the playerbase are sweaty af and would dodge. In reality under 10% would dodge, if not much less. And you also act as if it would take hours to fill up that dodged spot. But it takes 10 seconds to find a new survivor to fill in again. Your concerns are not reasonable and are not standing in any relation to the benefit this change would give.

  • Sounds like a grand time, getting cussed out because I have no meta perks. No thanks.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/907849#Comment_907849

    You act as if 99% of the playerbase are sweaty af and would dodge. In reality under 10% would dodge, if not much less. And you also act as if it would take hours to fill up that dodged spot. But it takes 10 seconds to find a new survivor to fill in again. Your concerns are not reasonable and are not standing in any relation to the benefit this change would give.

    This is plain laughable. This player base is one of the most toxic around. Keep kidding yourself. Have you played during any events lately?

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/907876#Comment_907876

    This is plain laughable. This player base is one of the most toxic around. Keep kidding yourself. Have you played during any events lately?

    Yaah, I did?! What's your point? I haven't seen much dodging or complains in the aftergame chat about choosen perks. Get out of your bubble bud.

1 2 3