Is Legion in the middle of a massive, smoking crater from the nerf to them? Yes/No
I think they are in a bad spot myself. I used to love playing Legion back in the day, and never even knew about the exploit till someone explained why they got nerfed. I played a bit of them lately, and other than the Legion hate that seems to be a meme these days, I noticed they are really really not good. The movement speed hit, plus the fact that your m2 is so very risky for not alot of reward. If you miss, you lose your whole power then stare at your hands in disgust/ tiredness/ sadness at how useless this power is. Am I getting the wrong feeling here or are The Legion is a very bad spot right now? If they are in a bad spot, then what do you think would help?
Comments
it used to be fun, now its boring and bad ,the power barely helps for either getting a survivor down at chases or map pressure,i want him back
I agree. I don't want that exploit back, cause I never relied on it. Legion's power doesn't even slow the game at all. You just mend for free, cause Legion is forced to run off basically. None of the "Hit them in Feral Frenzy" add-ons are worth the staring at your hands cool down.
Yes Legion is boring, unfun and mediocre.
Old Legion has been erased for good reasons and now we need something good.
I keep saying that the power should be around Legion being more than 1 killer and create a group dynamic.
I like this idea. Or the Ghost Face idea I had, which is "Get into one locker, step out at another one."
Not sure how a multi killer power would work though...
I made a post about this in the feedback section of the forum :)
Ahh I found it and like the idea a lot. I see people saying Legion is fine in there, and I wish I had what there were smoking. I wanna point out that with Legion's new vault speed and such, Survivors can loop them for AGES. Trust me, with Match making how it is, rank 2s have shown me that rather hard. I Am currently rank 10.
I would also like to have the old one back... But without the exploits (actually, the 2 exploits) and without the op addons.
I know that the pre patch Legion without those addons was sometimes weak against survivors that have know what they are doing, but she was so much fun. Even losing was more entertaining for me as having a win-series with another killer and since I had mostly play without addons, I don't care for them anyways.
I still wait for the day where the devs finally also think on us Legion mains. Then I can finally log into dbd again, for a different reason then checking if my dlcs are still connected to my game or not.
I think you missed the part where a surviver have to heal themself from freenzy and then heal themself again so frenzy do actuely bring in some pressure
If you go against good they wont heal if you use freenzy so you got yourself some pressure right there :P
I still get splinters for all the Killers I own cause I didn't buy the full DLCs. Even if they don't bring back the old Legion, as it seems to have pissed SO MANY PEOPLE OFF, I would love to have something different than this piss poor version we have now.
The pressure it brings is about as much as Ruin as a survivor cleanses it.
People who say Legion is fine simply don't want the old Legion back. To which I agree, but the new Legion needs buffs, desperately
That doesn't make Legion boring to play and mediocre in their results. The power isn't scary at all, it is essentially borrowed time, the stun is ridiculous for a mediocre killer.
Legion needs to be rebuilt from scratch
I agree on all points to this.
quess you never played legion then or you just dont like surviver being a 1 tab or just dont like the fact surviver heal themself for 1-2 minits so you can go for someone else i quess
What.... words are you trying to use?
Im really trying to understand what that guy said but it is giving me a headache.
I think he was trying to say Mending takes like.... 1-2 minutes? Also that we must have never played Legion before... and something about survivors being a one tap? I think he hasn't played new Legion and used the exploit with Old Legion.
If that is what he is trying to say, then nothing that he said is ok.
one tab is when the surviver dont heal at all and you only need to hit them once lol.
It takes half a gen to heal yourself and then ad up freenzy there you go people if you dont understand simpel typing
It would be easier, if you used the right letters. Anyway, It doesn't take half a gen to heal yourself and it's even less if someone else heals you. Most don't heal against Legion cause it makes there power useless. You see, if Legion can't FF you, they will have to walk at 110% after you and you just loop you like mad. Vault speed now makes the looping even harder to counter. Mending takes 15 seconds. Even if you DO heal, then you just get injured again and have to hold m1 for 15 seconds again. In other words, any point you tried to ramble out is wrong.
Healing takes 24 seconds with self care. Even faster with Med-Kit and/or help. So 39 seconds total at the slowest (normally).
Legion just needs a Freddy-style overhaul. He was disgusting before and near useless now.
Why should the devs care? People already fed them enough $$$ for the Legion dlc. They got what they wanted and now they don't need to focus on making them better when they can just cash grab all the upcoming Stranger Things fanboys for that sweet scoops ahoy outfit.
Cause the devs should care about there game if they are any good. Saying things like this helps nothing. How about we give them constructive feedback instead of dissing them?
I agree. I've seen some good ideas on the forum so far. My favorite being where you would start with no TR or mask or weapon till you activated your power, and cycled between each Legion member to "Reset" the power. I can't find it at the moment.
He is bad, but still love to play him… It's funny when survivors by vaulting, starting running or jumping off can run up to 150% speed for few seconds, but when killer can run up to just few % more than normal 115% it's unfair and need to be nerfed.
"Oh! A survivor *activates FF* , now let me hi... *survivor has sprint burst/balance landing/lithe* and he's gone… and here comes stun. GREAT"
Or when you hit someone, try to get someone else, but you can't make it, because the duration is so short it's a joke.
I'm ok with not being able to down someone with FF, but his speed, vaulting, stun and addons should be looked up and fixed as fast as possible…
I agree with all of this really. You FF and they just Sprint Burst awayyyy.... its so bad.
Also not being able to track with anything but sight is pretty rough, though I understand at that one more.
Smoking crater? Yeah, I'd say. People complained, so Behavior just nuked him from orbit and moved on.
That was the exact image I thought of when I typed it.
If Legion is down there, tell them to look for MoM and BNPs
Those would help, not gonna lie. But I still feel in addition to add on changes, Legion needs a rework. Even a Freddy level rework to change everything.
You got it, cause those were broken.
Not as broken as Legion lol
If you are talking the exploit, sure. If not, then no they just needed tweaking. If you have proof that they used to be broken other than the exploit, more so than an extra hit after only getting hit three times and fixing 100% to 25% of a gen INSTANTLY, then please go ahead and post it. If not, then don't be a troll.
Legion = MoM, although I would argue Legion is still at least usable, whereas MoM is a meme now where only killer mains still say it’s a good perk but that survivors don’t want to work for it (complete nonsense)
So what you are saying, is only Survivor mains would say Legion is still usable, but Killers don't wanna work for it. If your Legion= MoM holds true.
In my honest opinion
Legion is in a horrible spot. Top 5 worst killers. The only thing he has going for him is being able to stall the game just a lil bit, other than that his power has absolutely no chase potential other than getting a potential first hit if you don't miss.
There's not much you can do to make him better other than just removing a lot of his weaknesses
Make him faster in feral frenzy because if you detect someone at the edge of your killer instinct, you're not going to catch them with the low movement speed.
2nd, make the cooldown animation shorter. If you use the cooldown no matter where you are in your chase, chances are the amount of time you spend while in the animation is more than enough to get the survivor to a near by pallet or window.
3rd, remove him getting kicked out of his frenzy upon missing a hit, why is that even in the game?
4th, make him have a 2nd ability like pig and freddy. Something that would help in chase would be very nice.
Other than that it's either going to be a full rework or a big buff.
Basically what I was thinking. Full rework or something similar. I'm not sure why they made it where it all ends if you miss. I guess "Legion takes no skill!" or "Brain dead Legion, oh boy." They changed alot of Legion cause of the exploit and "If Legion starts chasing you, then you can't get away."
So they knocked them down to 5.0 m/s in Frenzy (125%), made his TR bigger, removed his ability to SEE BLOOD in his FF, made his recharge 20 seconds, made the stun 4 seconds, made him HAVE to have a full bar to FF, and FF hits no longer reduce the timer to "Deep Wound" (Which is a mending time of 15 seconds), made m1s reduce his power by 50% so if you hit someone you can't FF right after, and Finally, made it where if you miss you lose FF and your whole power bar.
This is all info right from the wiki. https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/F._J._S._J.
This nerf was very very excessive, and just cause they could chase good. You know who else can chase good? Clown, Spirit, Nurse, and (good) Billy. Guess who I see the most complaints about...
The exploit wasn't even the main reason for the legion nerf. He was an unhealthy killer for the game
Really? I am curious why you say that. What is your reasoning? (Also, cause text has no context etc, I am really curious and not being sarcastic at all.)
Well, the rework was needed cuz it was completely unskilled and unhealthy. You don't remember how old Legion was? Press m2, attack attack attack attack attack. There was no counter play in 1v1 situation. The skill of the survivors didn't matter. Someone who picked up Legion was able to "outplay" survivors with multiple thousand hours the same day. And tunneling was something everyone hated.
The rework was needed. Am I happy how Legion is now? Nope, to weak. But better and healthier than the old Legion.
I haven't said that we should go back to Old Legion. I, in fact, think it is a bad idea for that to happen. "No Counter play." I feel is very very thrown around these days though. That's just a band-aid excuse. People say it about literally every Killer they have issues with, regardless of if it's true or not. There is also no "rule" against tunneling other than being called every bad name under the sun as well. (Note That i DIDN'T say tunneling was OKAY.) There was counter play even in the Old Legion. Loop him, lose line of sight, be sneaky. Is there supposed to be a huge amount of counter play 1v1 any way? If so, what is the point of the Killer trying to kill anyone if he can't even get the lone people? Skill ALWAYS matters.
Now, all that said, I still only see opinions and not proof. I Prestige 3'ed Old Legion, lost as well. I had people counter play me. I had people get away. Guess why? I didn't even think of using the Exploit. Using the New Legion is just an exercise in frustration.
Why are we discussing this now when you don't want old Legion back aswell? We both agree old Legion was bad for the game, topic done.
No, I said I don't want Old Legion back cause of the exploit. Also, cause bringing Old Legion back would drown the game in salt (you know it would). You said "He was an unhealthy killer for the game." and I would like to know why. (Other than the Exploit, obviously)
Please, don't say something then when asked for proof suddenly not want to talk about it.
No, I said I don't want Old Legion back cause of the exploit. Also cause hating Legion is such a meme now, that bringing back Old Legion would drown us in salt. You said "He was an unhealthy killer for the game." and I want to know why. (Other than the Exploit of course)
Please, do not say something like its fact then turn around when asked for proof and suddenly not want to talk about it. ("No Counter Play." Is not a reason, its an excuse.)
Remember, this topic is about if you think Legion got nerfed too hard or not, and what could be done to fix it. Not "Bring back Old Legion BHVR! HoW DaRe YoU NeRf?!" (that was part was exactly made like that cause the upper case lower case thing makes the person look like an idiot.)
Legion before the nerf was the ultimate griefer's killer. Now, he is just middle of the pack.
I don't feel he is anywhere near the middle of the pack. He's one of the worst. Let's be real, the Top 3 are LEAGUES better than rank 4. Legion is low low tier now. What proof do you have that he is in the middle?
He's still better than Trapper, Wraith, Clown, and I'd put Legion above Plag. Legion is an effective killer when the player pressures the map and keeps everyone holding M1 instead of on gens. I've seen some really good killers run Legion and do quite well. Then, I've seen the typical Legion player, who tunnels a target until they are down and can't see the forest through the trees. I literally sat, untouched, working a gen next to a looping Legion because they were too stubborn to break off and wound me. Not the devs fault there.
I only agree with Legion being above Wraith. A good Trapper can get you without you even knowing it. A Good Clown can kill your looping. Plague can make everyone a one shot and if they cleanse she gets long range, liquid hatchets basically. You saying "I've seen some really good killers run Legion..." only seems to underline that average players can't do good with Legion. Also, The guy getting looped and not breaking off was merely a bad PLAYER and not a factor in the discussion going on.
You also say that they are good when they pressure the map and keep everyone holding m1 instead of on gens. 15 seconds of mend won't give you much pressure, cause to get everyone Legion has to run off. With the nerf to the FF speed, most times you will never get all 4 or even 3 for that matter. Maybe 2. FF is only good if you DON'T EVER MISS and they are grouped up, and even then its not that good. You get slashed, hold m1 as Legion goes to try and catch someone else, go back to gen.
Bottom line: FF is way too easy to counter and gives no reward.
Side Note: Everyone loves Mr. Bing Bong.
I disliked the cheese of old Legion, but I find the new Legion unbearable to play. Also, don't be a Susie. Susie is the worst.