Is it just me, or are survivors more toxic than killers

Me, being a killer main, I am just a bit toxic but survivors are way more toxic. Every game I get at least one message saying that I toxic for camping or tunneling. The thing is that there is 2 people gen rushing, a Claudette camping somewhere, and a Nea or Meg doing every single infinite on the map, so the survivors are asking for me to be tunneling. If there are any other killer mains out there I feel your pain.

Thats all I have to say

Comments

  • As an addendum; got a messege from someone i killed asking me to spare one and kill the other. Didnt read until after game and killed both.

    3 messeges from same person;

    Don't kill ash, good team mate deserves to live.

    Kill Jeff. Working on gen in shack.

    By the way you can't hit for #########.

    Replied sorry didnt read your messege until after game. You are correct, I can't hit for #########.

    The survivor put back; its fine. Sorry for being toxic didnt know you would be so nice.

    I just let it go but #########? Lol

  • Both sides are toxic.

  • I play survivor the most and rarely I see people saying anything to the killer in the postchat except when killer resorts to valid but unfun or cheap tactics like camping or Ebony Moris.

    As a killer I rarely get any salt from survivors since I very rarely tunnel/camp or resort to cheesy stuff (im just rank 6 as killer so i dont get to play with the red ranks though, where cheesiness is more mandatory).

    If you are getting called in every game you are probably being quite toxic, most people respond in kind (this applies to survivors or any other game).

  • It’s not just you, they are generally more toxic and there’s four of them so it multiplies. Killers can be toxic too, but usually they are only toxic to toxic survivors.... usually.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    It’s not just you, they are generally more toxic and there’s four of them so it multiplies. Killers can be toxic too, but usually they are only toxic to toxic survivors.... usually.

    Who is there to be toxic toward when you play killer? You have no teammates.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620177#Comment_620177

    Who is there to be toxic toward when you play killer? You have no teammates.

    Huh?

  • You said killers are usually only toxic toward survivors. I asked who else would they be toxic toward if not survivors. There's literally nobody else playing the game.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620224#Comment_620224

    You said killers are usually only toxic toward survivors. I asked who else would they be toxic toward if not survivors. There's literally nobody else playing the game.

    Re-read what I said. I said killers are usually only toxic towards TOXIC survivors, meaning if survivors aren’t being toxic, the killer won’t be either. Usually anyways.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620225#Comment_620225

    Re-read what I said. I said killers are usually only toxic towards TOXIC survivors, meaning if survivors aren’t being toxic, the killer won’t be either. Usually anyways.

    That was a major reading error. Thanks for the correction.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620234#Comment_620234

    That was a major reading error. Thanks for the correction.

    No problem, it happens.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619353#Comment_619353

    "A killer being 'toxic' is killing the survivors."

    Lol no. Toxic killers repeatedly hit you on the hook, Mori spam you, slug you and stare at you until you bleed out or the Entity takes you in EGC, tbag as Pig or Ghost Face, ring bell in front of hook as Wraith, chainsaw you over and over again on hook as Leatherface, throw hatchets at you on hook as Huntress, etc.

    Survivors can be awful, but they are not fundamentally different people than killers. Look past your own bias.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619639#Comment_619639

    Never in my video game playing experience has anyone threatened me or my family. A few told me to commit suicide but that's just an edgy thing for some kids to say. Sorry you ran into some #########, but they're part of life. What do you think is different about survivors at a fundamental level where they are the type to make threats, and not killers? And what about people who play both? Did you make sure that the ones who threatened you can be officially qualified as "survivor mains?" And by whose standard?

    It's like getting mugged by a couple of people of a certain ethnicity and proclaiming that "Only those people mug me! Nobody else!"

    Killers who hit people on the hook have stuff going on at home, I think. Bad stuff. I don't think or them as toxic. They are just weird.

    Mori's are game play. I just got tunneled after the gates opened. Everyone else escaped. Oh well.

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619834#Comment_619834

    Killers who hit people on the hook have stuff going on at home, I think. Bad stuff. I don't think or them as toxic. They are just weird.

    Mori's are game play. I just got tunneled after the gates opened. Everyone else escaped. Oh well.

    Mori spam means starting the animation over and over but not going through with the Mori. Can be done until the survivor bleeds out and there's nothing you can do.

  • I'd say it is about even. Most players at least dabble with both sides. Therefore it only stands to reason that if all players play both sides at least some then there would be an even distribution of toxic players.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Op: "I consider myself 'a bit toxic' and I camp/tunnel every game but why are survivors toxic and gen rush?! They're supposed to have a ######### game experience so I can have fun at their cost! REEEEE!!!"

    Maybe try and play well for once? You can't camp/tunnel people and expect them to say "thank you for the fun game keep rocking!" or "you scared me at the end!" or "that was actually terrifying" or "that's the fastest we've ever died 😆" [wholesome chat with a SWF team] etc. (those are the messages I've been getting recently)

    I only start tunneling and camping when they are looping and gen rushing me for half of the game

  • A survivor cant by himself make you derank as killer on purpose.

    If a killer wants to make you depip, all he has to do is tunnel the living hell out of you or facecamp you.

    Im a killer main and honestly if you consider getting flashlight blinded or tea bagged toxic, you should stick to singleplayer games

  • It's probably just you.

    You said it yourself - you're killer main.

    You can't say one side is more toxic when you yourself play only the opposite one.


    Also , how is calling someone "camper"/"tunneler" considered toxic? That's salty , not toxic....#########? Not to mention you may actually be camping and tunneling, so then it's them stating a fact.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619601#Comment_619601

    LOL wut????

    Scratched mirror Myers is always a truly terrifying and mostly fun experience (once you get over the stress of "where the hell is he waiting for me since they usually play the Lery's offering).

    Basement Bubba is hilarious, even when I'm the one that's caught. Hell sometimes I'll know he's down there, open the gates and then let him kill me while I try to get the chest.

    Infinite Myers is fun and actually one of the few terrfying things in this game, especially if he also have a tombstone because you're constantly thinking "WHERE IS THE NEXT LOCKER!! I NEED TO GET IN ONE BEFORE HE CATCHES ME!"

    Vomitting is literally just the plagues power. I guess you mean when you're the last person and you're already down or on hook, but I rarely see that happen.

    Only a few things you mentioned are ACTUALLY toxic, and that's coming from a survivor main

    Dude, you like to be tortured and humiliated, and that comes from a survivor main.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620604#Comment_620604

    Mori spam means starting the animation over and over but not going through with the Mori. Can be done until the survivor bleeds out and there's nothing you can do.

    That's unacceptable and is as bad as the survivor antic. They should lose the Mori if they stop it more than once.

  • It's a numbers game. You'll see more survivors, so you'll see more toxic survivors than killers.

  • @XOD_Sub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/619278#Comment_619278

    I only start tunneling and camping when they are looping and gen rushing me for half of the game

    Looping is literally what any decent survivor does. Maybe dbd is not for you. And that's coming from a 3000 hours killer main.

  • Both sides are full of toxicity, but I would say survivors are a bit more toxic.

  • Survivors can be toxic but when a killer wants to be the game automatically is thrown in their favor

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620678#Comment_620678

    That's unacceptable and is as bad as the survivor antic. They should lose the Mori if they stop it more than once.

    Here's a 30 minute long video of a nurse who mori spammed everyone and then carried around the 2nd to last survivor around and dropping them continuously for 10 minutes to proc infectious fright to try and find the last survivor.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463722850

    I suggest watching near the end where she mori spammed the last survivor for the entire EGC timer and then at the last second did the mori. :)

    It's epic gamer time.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/620792#Comment_620792

    Here's a 30 minute long video of a nurse who mori spammed everyone and then carried around the 2nd to last survivor around and dropping them continuously for 10 minutes to proc infectious fright to try and find the last survivor.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/463722850

    I suggest watching near the end where she mori spammed the last survivor for the entire EGC timer and then at the last second did the mori. :)

    It's epic gamer time.

    I'll admit that infectious fright thing is kinda big brain as a concept but that whole clip is just... yuck, lmao.


  • I understand seriously like today a couple matches back someone sent me a message that I was tunneling and camping as the hillbilly but sry to break it to him if I see u while walking away from the hooked surviver imma let u get him down and chainsaw ur ass and Chase him down to so I can get u and another downed and hooked a second time

  • I killer main, but I do play survivor on occasion. Survivors are definitely way worse in my experience. Usually I'll see a killer being toxic if the survivors are trolling first. Also, I'm not saying there are no toxic killers. Lol. And just because you, as a survivor, aren't being toxic..that doesn't mean your teammates aren't.

1 2 ›