New Freddy is boring as hell.

This whole concept of constantly falling asleep and having to wake up again, yeah. Played once, it was so monotonous and boring I dropped survivor again lol. Reminds me of the Legion thing, this persistent, repetitive concept of "mend/wake up" once, and again, and again and again...


The cool thing about the update is they reworked the Freddy map nicely, I like the new textures, but the rework itself while it had a good potential turned out agonishingly boring. As if survivor didn't feel dull enough at this point, Legion 2.0 is the ice on the cake I needed to actually, and for the first time in 3 years, wonder if I should uninstall this game. I do have 3.000 hours into it so I guess at this point I'm just bored of the general concept of this game, but still. I don't think the Freddy rework turned out to be so fun.

Comments

  • For me new Freddy is awesome, dont be rude xD

  • I have never liked freddy, he always was annoying and boring for me the most his asleep world and this lalalalalalallalalalala terror radius this is the worst thing in this killer, after 1 min of listening this i want to suicide on hook.

  • This whole concept of constantly falling asleep and having to wake up again, yeah. Played once, it was so monotonous and boring I dropped survivor again lol.


    I read that as 3 hours since it has a period not a comma rofl

  • ??? Freddy is awesome right now?

  • And facing old Freddy was fun?

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    And facing old Freddy was fun?

    R.I.P this man's whole career.

  • Well you aren't forced to wake up you just have a consequence of being more vulnerable to his power.

  • Its way better than old Freddy.

  • I liked the map, played two games in it and kind of enjoyed how it was reworked. Freddy not so much. I could easily 4k.

  • "Having to wake up again".

    Not on his base kit. Not really. Being awake makes it harder to see him... lol

  • They've made Freedy too ridiculously O.P..

  • You can't compare old Legion and reworked Freddy in the slightest. With Legion you could abuse his mechanics which was pretty pathetic, you couldn't and can't do that with Freddy.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77395/new-freddy-is-boring-as-hell

    I read that as 3 hours since it has a period not a comma rofl

    Even with numbers America likes to play different? Just why

  • @Trigga said:

    They've made Freedy too ridiculously O.P..

    OP? How? O.o

  • FREDDY IS FUN TO PLAY!

  • @Nick_Wilde said:

    I have never liked freddy, he always was annoying and boring for me the most his asleep world and this lalalalalalallalalalala terror radius this is the worst thing in this killer, after 1 min of listening this i want to suicide on hook.

    Maybe that is the idea ;-)

  • @Mushwin said:

    FREDDY IS FUN TO PLAY!

    PALLETS I LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE FALL FOR THEM (watching Monto*)

  • FREDDY IS OP LETS NERF HIM, FREDDY IS TOO WEAK, BUFF HIM, WHAT???

  • @Mushwin said:

    FREDDY IS OP LETS NERF HIM, FREDDY IS TOO WEAK, BUFF HIM, WHAT???

    Same thing happened with Legion =,=

  • @Ember_Hunter a lot are now running small game lol

  • The devs just can't win can they? Everyone constantly asks them to buff him and rework him, but when they do:

    "He's boring!"

    "I miss the old Freddy!"

  • I loved the legion before is nerf -.- people forget, 4 surs to 1 killer

  • @Mushwin said:

    @Ember_Hunter a lot are now running small game lol

    Small game does work against Freddy?! :D

  • @Ember_Hunter yes hence more people running it lol

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    The devs just can't win can they? Everyone constantly asks them to buff him and rework him, but when they do:

    "He's boring!"

    "I miss the old Freddy!"

    znmilhng2k831.jpg


  • @hahmraro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/594686#Comment_594686

    Even with numbers America likes to play different? Just why

    This whole concept of constantly falling asleep and having to wake up again, yeah. Played once, it was so monotonous and boring I dropped survivor again lol.

    Why did you even quote me? I mentioned that I read that as 3 hours not 3000 simply because he put it as 3.000 not 3,000.

    Never said I was from America either.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77395/new-freddy-is-boring-as-hell

    I read that as 3 hours since it has a period not a comma rofl

    Rofl, I can't believe how ignorant those countries using a period for thousands are. It's as if they had their own way of writing numbers, lolz.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    The devs just can't win can they? Everyone constantly asks them to buff him and rework him, but when they do:

    "He's boring!"

    "I miss the old Freddy!"

    Does that imply that any kind of rework they released must be blindly accepted and taken without saying a word, just because they finally decided to rework a killer two years after it was released?


    I do not think so.

    Whenever they release a good rework, and not this, I'll be happy.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/594686#Comment_594686

    Rofl, I can't believe how ignorant those countries using a period for thousands are. It's as if they had their own way of writing numbers, lolz.

    Its almost as if your sarcasm is lost in you being a dick....oh wait that's real. Guess life is tough if one random internet post hurt your feelings lolz.

    Either way I made a observation and mentioned it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @CustomerService how is this any different to how you’d have to handle going against original Freddy?!?!

    Original Freddy players with half a brain would be constantly re-putting awake survivors back to sleep again.

    Are you trying to have us believe if you were going against original Freddy you would just stay asleep?!

    Very differently. Against old Freddy you could hide from him and I've spent many games falling asleep only once or twice by simply crouching at the right moment due to the impaired vision fo the Dream World, or going around corners.


    This is unavoidable and thus repetitive and boring. Kinda like the Legion mending thing.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/595064#Comment_595064

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77395/new-freddy-is-boring-as-hell

    Why did you even quote me? I mentioned that I read that as 3 hours not 3000 simply because he put it as 3.000 not 3,000.

    Never said I was from America either.


    Pssst.

    Yes, you.


    I heard each country has their different separators for numbers.


    Great Britain and the United States are two of the few places in the world that use a period to indicate the decimal place. Many other countries use a comma instead. The decimal separator is also called the radix character. Likewise, while the U.K. and U.S.


    It's also rumored there are countries that don't set English as their default language. But this I'm less inclined to believe.

  • Wish they gave more incentive to wake up like a 10% base action speed debuff, would make it more threatening.

  • @Remi1993 said:

    For me new Freddy is awesome, dont be rude xD

    @Remi1993 Not sure why I found your comment so cute LOL.

  • So far, I haven't seen a good Freddy sadly... Today I'll see the hype, hopefully. They just don't use their snares or place them in places I'm probably not at? Even if they put their snares, I don't feel debilitated like I am from Clown (btw does anyone know if both snares and Clown's tonic are the same slow down amount?). I am begging for some sort of Freddy juiciness. Plus, I only saw like 4-5 Freddy's yesterday wth.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/596367#Comment_596367

    @CustomerService you’re joking right?

    As a veteran Freddy player I have to speculate that you only went against completely rubbish players then.

    The inherent brightness (and high contrast) of the dreamworld has ALWAYS made it close to impossible for survivors to simply crouch by something and not be spotted. Especially true of a sleeping survivor because of that bright blue highlight. MacMillians maps are Freddys best friend. It always made me laugh every time survivors attempt this against Freddy. They’re still attempting this now and then probably wondering why they’re getting hit so easily.

    So once again for emphasis, I have to strongly guess you had only been matched with complete potato Freddys if that is something you managed to get away with.

    You can disagree and speculate all you want. I’ve played plenty of Freddy at rank 1, hundreds of Freddies as survivor, and I’m devotion 6 with over 3.000 hours. So in terms of experience and been there done that you can hardly get better than that.


    Spotting survivors in the dream world could be a ######### nightmare.

  • @CustomerService stop wasting time trying to wake up. Power through the generators like you would against Legion or Plague.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/595064#Comment_595064

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/77395/new-freddy-is-boring-as-hell

    Why did you even quote me? I mentioned that I read that as 3 hours not 3000 simply because he put it as 3.000 not 3,000.

    Never said I was from America either.

    @Liruliniel You understand the only place in the world where officially commas are used for thousands is in the US right?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/595119#Comment_595119

    Does that imply that any kind of rework they released must be blindly accepted and taken without saying a word, just because they finally decided to rework a killer two years after it was released?

    I do not think so.

    Whenever they release a good rework, and not this, I'll be happy.

    Except the community seems pretty torn on this. Some are crying about it and some are fine with it. If you don't think it's a good rework, how about saying why you think think that way and how to fix it instead of crying to have him reverted to his worse state or whine about how you personally don't find him fun? Maybe then the devs will take this seriously.

  • @Trigga said:

    They've made Freedy too ridiculously O.P..

    Dude learn to counter him. He's not op I won some games with 3 kills or lost sone games with only 1 killl

  • Disagree. All time wasting killers like Legion and Freddy are annoying because it usually boils down too "Hold M1" and wait. New Freddy is incredibly exciting IMO because of his variety in kit and builds. There's a lot more too do with him now then before.


    And I agree that the Springwood map rework is the best thing. Can't wait for all maps too be like it someday.

  • @Trigga said:

    They've made Freedy too ridiculously O.P..

    he's been out for a day, chill with the "he's so op" thing till people learn how too counter him.

  • Ok everyone that says he's boring is clearly new to this game or just likes to complain about every single thing that gets added. I'm starting to think you guys don't know what you really want to get added to the game. He's better now and he's more fun to play as and go against. Also

    Learn to counter him. And git gud.

  • Cry more novice, your tears are delicious.

  • @CustomerService said:

    This whole concept of constantly falling asleep and having to wake up again, yeah. Played once, it was so monotonous and boring I dropped survivor again lol. Reminds me of the Legion thing, this persistent, repetitive concept of "mend/wake up" once, and again, and again and again...

    The cool thing about the update is they reworked the Freddy map nicely, I like the new textures, but the rework itself while it had a good potential turned out agonishingly boring. As if survivor didn't feel dull enough at this point, Legion 2.0 is the ice on the cake I needed to actually, and for the first time in 3 years, wonder if I should uninstall this game. I do have 3.000 hours into it so I guess at this point I'm just bored of the general concept of this game, but still. I don't think the Freddy rework turned out to be so fun.

    1000% agree dude

  • The devs did the right thing by letting new Freddy play out see how he does. And know they know he needs to be changed. His power is easy to learn easiest in the game. And he has to do nothing to get his power. He has Clown's good anti-loop just drop a snare easy with no slowdown. A teleport that can make reaching a gen not possible for most except maybe Hillbilly, Oni, or Blight. Except Billy will be close to overheating, Oni could waste his power, and Blight will be out of tokens. He'll teleport Pop or Ruin and then shut down a loop with his snares.