Who else is disappointed by every facet of this PTB?

Everything I looked forward to ended up sucking, then they twisted the knife with speedier gate openings, Remember Me nerfs, and Pig (?!?!) nerfs.

I think I'm out of DBD for a while.

I hope you all continue to have fun, regardless of your "main."

Stay Safe :3

Comments

  • Me, the only welcome change from this PTB is legion

  • I don't like any of the changes besides the remember me change, though I do think the doors should still be 20 seconds.

  • ive had lots of fun until now.

    maybe you want to post constructive feedback to let them know what your problems are?

    it doesnt have to be as long as mine, but something like this would really help the devs improving your game experience:

    Hello there, good people of the fog!

    but simply saying "everything sucks" and leaving wont help anyone.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    ive had lots of fun until now.

    maybe you want to post constructive feedback to let them know what your problems are?

    it doesnt have to be as long as mine, but something like this would really help the devs improving your game experience:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/59402/the-legion-nerf-my-thoughts-and-suggestions#latest

    but simply saying "everything sucks" and leaving wont help anyone.

    Since when does BHVR listen to us about the ptb anymore? I doubt they will change anything, just like they did when spirit, legion, and plague came out. I may take a break from dbd for awhile as this is starting to look like dark times again, and I don't want to play survivors with MOM, ds, adrenaline, etc. As it makes the game way to easy.

  • I don't agree with the nerf to remember me. Apart from that everything else is great.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438875#Comment_438875

    Since when does BHVR listen to us about the ptb anymore? I doubt they will change anything, just like they did when spirit, legion, and plague came out. I may take a break from dbd for awhile as this is starting to look like dark times again, and I don't want to play survivors with MOM, ds, adrenaline, etc. As it makes the game way to easy.

    They listened when Spirit came out and adjusted her and gave her some qol buffs as well, what they didn't listen to was the extreme ends from either side.


    If you post something constructive and in a reasonable way they tend to listen but saying something sucks and or simply bashing them gives nothing.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't agree with the nerf to remember me. Apart from that everything else is great.

    15 seconds to open exit gate, pig nerf, and endgame collapse mostly being a letdown aside from the hatch standoff removal are all yuck

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438875#Comment_438875

    Since when does BHVR listen to us about the ptb anymore? I doubt they will change anything, just like they did when spirit, legion, and plague came out. I may take a break from dbd for awhile as this is starting to look like dark times again, and I don't want to play survivors with MOM, ds, adrenaline, etc. As it makes the game way to easy.

    ive just had that discussion with someone else, so ill just link you to the post ive answered said question already, if thats no problem for you.

    if you want me to copy paste it in here, please tell me and i will proceed to do so.

    @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425525#Comment_425525

    save the best for last in the form we know it today has been taken 1:1 from reddit

    spirit fury is a community designed perk, same goes for haunted grounds.

    thanatophobia was something a lot of players wanted, but since legion exists we didnt get it, otherwise it would have been even more unfun to play against them, as they apply damage too fast.

    we got killer buffs after the community feedback like i mentioned earlier

    the devs do listen for the community. if that was not the case, the game would have died like 1 year ago.

    stop acting like they would always ignore us! WE asked for a rework and we got it. again: in order for legion to become a good killer, they would eigther need to completely rework his power (which i doubt they'll do) or make him even less fun to go up against.


  • In my opinion, there are more bad changes than good ones. I usually don't feel that way about patches either. Typically, I feel the opposite. Hopefully most of the changes are reversed or don't go live. Small chance of that though.

  • Where is the 4k under 3 minute balance standard?

  • I was disappointed from when they showed the legion update.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438884#Comment_438884

    ive just had that discussion with someone else, so ill just link you to the post ive answered said question already, if thats no problem for you.

    if you want me to copy paste it in here, please tell me and i will proceed to do so.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/425540#Comment_425540

    No one is saying that they never listened for feedback, people are simple saying that they completely ignored all feedback from the three past PTBs, why would they start listening now?

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't agree with the nerf to remember me. Apart from that everything else is great.

    Excuse me, you are the Legion main?

  • @Unnamed_Freak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438899#Comment_438899

    No one is saying that they never listened for feedback, people are simple saying that they completely ignored all feedback from the three past PTBs, why would they start listening now?

    you are all acting like they would completely ignore the playerbase and only release what they want to.

    again: they listen to feedback as good as they can, but sometimes suggestions are not going to work or ruin the fun for one side, so they dont use them.

    the simple fact that @not_Queen and @Peanits are pretty active on the forum, going through the posts, should be enough evidence that they, in fact, are listening to the community and if they see a good idea, they send it to their design team / balance team.

    at this rate its just getting ridiculous with all the hate towards them. they dont deserve that. yes, there are problems, yes perks like MoM are too strong, but maybe you could start giving them constructive feedback and IDEAS to how you would change something. like my linked post shows, they do listen to those as many examples show. simple hate towards them will not bring us any further.

  • It's a good thing that these things are subject to change; and they had better change by the mid-chapter patch. I can't be havin' my Pig all nerfed and whatnot. :(

  • "Let's just make some Legion and Pig changes along with the End Game Collapse, annnnnnnnd all the sounds are broken again".

    Like seriously how the ######### do the sounds get bugged after EVERY update. Hex totem breaks have no visual when broken, unhooking and missing gen skill checks show zero sound notifications. Survivors are quiet as ever and spirit is still sound bugged from the last update.

  • I haven't tried the PTB myself yet, but, doors take less time opening now? Like just in general or from certain perks? Because if doors just take 15 secs to open now I don't think that's needed. Doors were fine. Unless it's only after the Endgame Collapse has commenced? Like I could see that being a good thing if killer closes hatch and you're the last peep alive, plus doors are close together and unopened, but otherwise I think doors were fine.

  • On paper it some of it sounded great... I am underwhelmed and disappointed.

    Some things need serious changes before going live... Right now I'm really bummed because the chances of that happening based on history is nil.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    ive had lots of fun until now.

    maybe you want to post constructive feedback to let them know what your problems are?

    it doesnt have to be as long as mine, but something like this would really help the devs improving your game experience:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/59402/the-legion-nerf-my-thoughts-and-suggestions#latest

    but simply saying "everything sucks" and leaving wont help anyone.

    Your positive attitude is admirable, but they don't listen to feedback unless its from a streamer.

  • @Cali said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438875#Comment_438875

    Your positive attitude is admirable, but they don't listen to feedback unless its from a streamer.

    Spirit would like to say hi since they listened to the feedback on that and she also got qol buffs as well.

  • @Cali said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438875#Comment_438875

    Your positive attitude is admirable, but they don't listen to feedback unless its from a streamer.

    your negative attitude certainly is not.

    may i ask why you are here then?

    if you truly believed the devs ignore us, why would you create a DbD forum account?

    these forums are ment to bring Devs and players together and allow us to make suggestions that may or may not get into the actual game. this forum and Reddit are the main two points where you can post stuff you want the devs to see.

    and sometimes there is a idea good enough to be implemented into the game, like Save The Best For Last (Reddit) or Spirit Fury (Official Forums).

    so if you say the devs wouldnt listen to us at all, please explain why you are a part of the forum then. if all your going to do is to hate on them, this is not the right place for you. give suggestions or in general constructive feedback.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438875#Comment_438875

    Since when does BHVR listen to us about the ptb anymore? I doubt they will change anything, just like they did when spirit, legion, and plague came out. I may take a break from dbd for awhile as this is starting to look like dark times again, and I don't want to play survivors with MOM, ds, adrenaline, etc. As it makes the game way to easy.

    They changed spirit (buffing) after the PTBs feedback

  • legion got buffed, wraith got buffed, pig got rebalanced for the collapse so she didnt end up OP AF.

    remember me got nerfed out of the game, but not that good of a perk anyway.

    survivors got a buff with exit gates, primarily so camping the exit gates didnt turn into some weird ez win strat for hillbilly


    i think some people are confused, thinking the end game collapse was suppose to be for killers. It is not, its to clean up all the broken mechanics that could lead to games being held hostage and delayed by survivors as well as ending hatch standoff in favor of the killer.

  • Everything I looked forward to ended up sucking, then they twisted the knife with speedier gate openings, Remember Me nerfs, and Pig (?!?!) nerfs.

    Au revoir! :)


    My Meme For This Thread:


    Killers: Please fix the hatch standoff!

    Developers: Alright, here's the EGC (Endgame Collapse)!

    Also Killers: Trash, it's not good enough.


    Also, unpopular opinion, the game is fine right now. In fact, it's a whole lot better than what it use to be a year ago. These changes had good intentions behind them, they fixed things that caused poor gameplay. Instead of bashing the developers, why not give feedback? Perhaps they will listen to you, ya know?

  • @NMCKE

    Total agree about how people should stop bashing devs. As a pig main I disagree with someone of the changes, but understand how they need to make changes very quickly inorder to make the game still playable egc. I really think they should revert the RTB and make the time slowed down for each rtb on a survivors head. I assume this what you mean by feed back?

  • Legion can stay the same.

    Please don't nerf Amanda.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438961#Comment_438961

    your negative attitude certainly is not.

    may i ask why you are here then?

    if you truly believed the devs ignore us, why would you create a DbD forum account?

    these forums are ment to bring Devs and players together and allow us to make suggestions that may or may not get into the actual game. this forum and Reddit are the main two points where you can post stuff you want the devs to see.

    and sometimes there is a idea good enough to be implemented into the game, like Save The Best For Last (Reddit) or Spirit Fury (Official Forums).

    so if you say the devs wouldnt listen to us at all, please explain why you are a part of the forum then. if all your going to do is to hate on them, this is not the right place for you. give suggestions or in general constructive feedback.

    A forum is for people to discuss a specific subject. They may have made this forum, but it is certainly not to take our feedback. That should be evident with the changes that have been coming out in these past few months. They are really got at acting like they are though.

  • I'm disappointed in some Legion changes and the pig ones, but the rest feels fine, i just hope they listen to our feedback and revert some of the bad stuff that got implemented.

  • The time to open the gates needs to be changed back to 20 seconds. 15 seconds is ridiculously fast (not including perk effects like leader, wake up, etc) and really kills the endgame tension.

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438884#Comment_438884

    They listened when Spirit came out and adjusted her and gave her some qol buffs as well, what they didn't listen to was the extreme ends from either side.

    If you post something constructive and in a reasonable way they tend to listen but saying something sucks and or simply bashing them gives nothing.

    This is very true. I also can't stress enough the importance of giving clear feedback of what you like or don't like. "Update bad, I no play" does not help us fix that, but someone who breaks down what they found frustrating or weak is huge. A big part of feedback is figuring out where the problem is.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438896#Comment_438896

    This is very true. I also can't stress enough the importance of giving clear feedback of what you like or don't like. "Update bad, I no play" does not help us fix that, but someone who breaks down what they found frustrating or weak is huge. A big part of feedback is figuring out where the problem is.

    Maybe look for the category on 2.7.0 feedback? I and the rest of the players make a list of what changes we don't like and present the proposal options to fix this.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/440446#Comment_440446

    Maybe look for the category on 2.7.0 feedback? I and the rest of the players make a list of what changes we don't like and present the proposal options to fix this.

    We have been, don't worry. There's some very good feedback there.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/440454#Comment_440454

    We have been, don't worry. There's some very good feedback there.

    Thank you.

  • Only thing I really dislike are the pig nerfs. Especially the timer not going down while in pig TR. Just curious on what the thought process was behind this.

    Also the vaulting speed nerfs seem unnecessary for the Legion.

    Otherwise I think the PTB is pretty alright.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438896#Comment_438896

    This is very true. I also can't stress enough the importance of giving clear feedback of what you like or don't like. "Update bad, I no play" does not help us fix that, but someone who breaks down what they found frustrating or weak is huge. A big part of feedback is figuring out where the problem is.

    @Peanits The problem is this update (ptb) is along side survivors


    We have several updates where the survivors receive buffs:

    DS nerf? dont worry survivors now we have MoM.. and counterplay against this perk? nah

    The Pig has got a nerf and did not need changes, now she is garbage.


    An asymmetric game the killer is strong than the survivors because is a 1vs4 but most killers are below survivors (example: Fredy), then BHVR organize a tournament and we only see viable killers play: Nurse, Billy, Spirit ... and stop count!

    Then u wonder where the problem is, stop making weak killers or nobody is go to play killer.


    I can tell u right now the killers in this game has reason to angry with devs.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/438961#Comment_438961

    your negative attitude certainly is not.

    may i ask why you are here then?

    if you truly believed the devs ignore us, why would you create a DbD forum account?

    these forums are ment to bring Devs and players together and allow us to make suggestions that may or may not get into the actual game. this forum and Reddit are the main two points where you can post stuff you want the devs to see.

    and sometimes there is a idea good enough to be implemented into the game, like Save The Best For Last (Reddit) or Spirit Fury (Official Forums).

    so if you say the devs wouldnt listen to us at all, please explain why you are a part of the forum then. if all your going to do is to hate on them, this is not the right place for you. give suggestions or in general constructive feedback.

    Forums are not just a place to praise devs and connect with them. It's a place for players to share their thoughts on the game both positive and negative.

  • I hope this is true @Peanits , i got scared for a bit when i noticed my feedback had low view count and comments.

  • Honestly if they just revert Remember Me nerfs, Door changes, and Pig nerfs I'd be fine with this PTB. I love the new Coldwind, and I do like the fact that different killers have different music in the lobby now.

  • @Plu said:

    I hope this is true @Peanits , i got scared for a bit when i noticed my feedback had low view count and comments.

    That's to be expected. Most people check the General Discussions so the views are generally higher here, but when they're in PTB feedback, the view count will be lower, though there's a much higher chance of devs seeing it.