before we nerf mettle of man

can we get a nerf to moris, iri heads, infinite evil within 3, spirit's purple addons, instasaw, omegablink, extra blink addons, and please fix legion. i could keep going, but i'll use those as a basis.

these have been in the game for much longer and have remained broken for all this time. we finally get another fun perk and everyone is crying for it be nerfed, without realizing all the bs survivors put up with, and is most likely the reason they run them in the first place.

i dont understand how people can hate on survivor's second-chance perks, when killers have their "steamroll the game with your eyes closed" addons/offerings. i get that survivors dont have to deal with them every game, but the same can be said about the other side, they still exist, and it sucks when we have to face them (please dont bring up the argument that you have to pay for those addons and they're rare. making them rare/costly doesnt make them balanced, this isnt a single player vs bots game).

im going to be heavily disappointed if mettle is the first on the list to get touched, knowing all the broken ######### that already exists in this game. trying to enjoy this game is already a chore in itself.

side note: im not trying to say "if this gets nerfed, nerf this" im listing things that should be addressed first as they have been existent in this game for much longer and they should have already been nerfed/reworked.

Comments

  • The whining about MoM will stop once people realize that it is not as common used as they think.

    Yesterday I had nearly no MoMs and those who played MoM played Ash. The general shitstorm will go down, even though there will be some people left (like always).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    The whining about MoM will stop once people realize that it is not as common used as they think.

    Yesterday I had nearly no MoMs and those who played MoM played Ash. The general shitstorm will go down, even though there will be some people left (like always).

    It's almost like the perk was just released and nobody has had time to unlock the teachable and put it on Claudette or Meg.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402314#Comment_402314

    It's almost like the perk was just released and nobody has had time to unlock the teachable and put it on Claudette or Meg.

    Yeah, people never spent BPs. I have this Perk teachable, and many others will also have saved 1 Million BPs.

    And if you would actually read - the number of Ashs was quite low. I think I played like 15 games yesterday evening and only two had a Ash in it.

    (I mean, you can continue crying, if you like. If it lets you feel better...why not?)

  • Tldr: Before we address a perk that neuters the already ######### killers, let's make the viable things suck.

  • MoM should be used N times and not only once

  • @Tzeentchling9 said:

    Tldr: Before we address a perk that neuters the already ######### killers, let's make the viable things suck.

    everything i listed isnt "viable" it's blatantly overpowered

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402324#Comment_402324

    everything i listed isnt "viable" it's blatantly overpowered

    viable to the point of being overpowered isnt something this game should look to do. that's a better sentence, sorry

  • This perk sucks tbh.

  • Sure, as soon as we also delete Insta-heals, we get a fix for genrush and end-game and we make all killers viable, a.k.a make them Billy tier

  • i am waiting for criers who will start saying that it need nerf because killer is only 1 vs 4 survivors hurr durr it is hard (it doesnt matter that survivors DC more and more often than in past because of all these nerfs and "great balance on both sides")


  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Sure, as soon as we also delete Insta-heals, we get a fix for genrush and end-game and we make all killers viable, a.k.a make them Billy tier

    realistically, every killer will never be billy tier, at least not for a very long time. most of the things you mentioned would change the game altogether, and would need a lot of thought process/time/variables factored in. im definitely with you on instaheals though.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402337#Comment_402337

    realistically, every killer will never be billy tier, at least not for a very long time. most of the things you mentioned would change the game altogether, and would need a lot of thought process/time/variables factored in. im definitely with you on instaheals though.

    @artist what about spirit tier?

  • @tomikomPL said:

    i am waiting for criers who will start saying that it need nerf because killer is only 1 vs 4 survivors hurr durr it is hard (it doesnt matter that survivors DC more and more often than in past because of all these nerfs and "great balance on both sides")

    Isnt that the point in a 1v4 tho ?

    The killer should be stronger than the survivors in a 1v1 scenario.

    The things OP listed have downsides and/or counters,while an insta heal (for example ) has not.

    I might be the only survivor main that likes facing a mori ( not too many games in a row tho). Because you no longer have 9000 second chances,you need to be careful while playing;staying hidden from the killer wich,unfortunately, not a lot of survivors can do (all they know is looping).

    Plus,people are disconnecting when they get downed by a Wraith or a Freddy ffs.

    and people that dc when they are getting moried are the worst imo.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Sure, as soon as we also delete Insta-heals, we get a fix for genrush and end-game and we make all killers viable, a.k.a make them Billy tier

    Honestly, if I see OPs post, I can agree to some degree.

    Moris--> I think they are okish, but I would wish for an Pink Offering for Survivors which would prevent getting morid after the first hook and delays it to the second hook (just to give someone an option if he has had a bad day and wants to make sure he does not lose because of a Mori, and also to give Survivors a Pink Offering again for the Achievement)... This would not impact that much and will mostly be used without any impact, but this would be the only thing.

    Iridecent Heads--> One of the few pink Add-Ons I would consider too strong. Would change it in a way that it is a max. of 2 Hatchets without any chance of getting more. Would nerf it a little bit, but gives opportunity to use other Add-Ons (like Wind-Up). Because 3 with Insta-Downs (combined with the Belt) or 5 normals is a pretty easy decision.

    Spirits Purple Add-On-->Maximum change from my side would make it Ultra Rare. Swap with Fathers Glasses. Other than that, fine (even ok as Purple Add-On from my side, it is strong, but I dont feel it is unfair)

    EW3 Myers-->THe other pink Add-On I would consider too strong. It takes more Evil to reach, but not that much that it is nearly impossible. And having an easy Insta Down the whole game..

    Instasaw-->Would call this fine.

    Nurse Add-Ons-->Those can be reworked or removed. Nurse does not need Omegablink, neither does she need more than 2 Blinks. She will be the best Killer and no Killer will ever be stronger than Nurse, except they nerf her completely, which will not happen. But things like this are not needed. And if a Player is good with Nurse and using those Add-Ons, it would most likely not make a difference.

    And on the other hand, the Stuff you mentioned is also nothing that is fine as it is(even though I still hate the Term "Genrush").

    There are many flawed things in this game. And those cannot be solved by only fixing a few things, like doing something about Insta-Heals would not make anything better for the overall balance. Basically a DBD 2.0 must exist with a HUGE rebalance of everything that needs to be rebalanced. And I doubt that this is gonna happen.


    But the crying on both sides because of Stuff like this is ridiculous.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402314#Comment_402314

    It's almost like the perk was just released and nobody has had time to unlock the teachable and put it on Claudette or Meg.

    Lmao was going to respond the same. Also it's behind a paywall, after MoM is dropped on shrine the real hell will burn.

  • @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Sure, as soon as we also delete Insta-heals, we get a fix for genrush and end-game and we make all killers viable, a.k.a make them Billy tier

    You forgot keys for crutch escapes.

  • Honestly as a person who plays a lot more killer then solo or swf, I... Don't mind MoM.

    I generally agree with everything you said (for once) except the things you mentioned to nerf.

    Be honest, how many people actually run the things you said? And if you say nearly all your games or the numbers are not important, you've successfully brought up the points that killer mains have been whining about for a while now. Maybe you may not get SWF Squadettes for a majority of your matches, but many others do.

    And as for deleting Legion, fine, sure they can do that.

    You just have to pay back everyone who spent shards or money on them =)

    Hope you have a sizable bank account.

    Legion Pin.png


  • @NuclearBurrito Spirit is better than hillbilly.

    It is just that the majority of survivors are average and you can destroy them by playing hillbilly. When you face good survivors, hillbilly is quite weak, any billy main can easily confirm this.

    Spirit has low map pressure with no insta down but chases are no joke. She can still handle good survivors unlike billy.

    I don't take addons into consideration, insta saw billy is no joke.

    Due to their design, killers like pig or doc can not be as good as these 2 killers are. You can give similar abilities to killers like leatherface and wraith but that's it.

  • @BACKSTABBER said:

    MoM should be used N times and not only once

    @BACKSTABBER Have you not seen how MoM works? The strike counting feature looks awfully similar to Spirit's Fury's stun counter. It probably could be used infinitely honestly, it just takes too long to hit a single survivor 8 times when all of the chasing and generator repairs are all put together.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402315#Comment_402315

    Yeah, people never spent BPs. I have this Perk teachable, and many others will also have saved 1 Million BPs.

    And if you would actually read - the number of Ashs was quite low. I think I played like 15 games yesterday evening and only two had a Ash in it.

    (I mean, you can continue crying, if you like. If it lets you feel better...why not?)

    The release of Ash was on quite a short notice so many people (including me) probably hadn't had time to save up since they might still be leveling Plague and Jane.

    I can see survivor mains who would rather play with a character that has all perks unlocked and grind bp with that survivor rather than use Ash and the few perks those people have unlocked on him.

  • A lot of those things are being changed soon anyway, such as extra blinks, iridescent head (rip), Legion's mechanics, maybe insta-saw as well.

    Infinite Evil really isn't a problem.

  • @not_Queef said:

    A lot of those things are being changed soon anyway, such as extra blinks, iridescent head (rip), Legion's mechanics, maybe insta-saw as well.

    Infinite Evil really isn't a problem.

    @not_Queef

    Yh, I remember devs said something about it, I just hope they do it after they deal with gen rush and end-game...

  • same thing. making a change to that many killers requires a lot of time and everything in the game needs to be factored in

  • @Delfador said:

    @NuclearBurrito Spirit is better than hillbilly.

    It is just that the majority of survivors are average and you can destroy them by playing hillbilly. When you face good survivors, hillbilly is quite weak, any billy main can easily confirm this.

    Spirit has low map pressure with no insta down but chases are no joke. She can still handle good survivors unlike billy.

    I don't take addons into consideration, insta saw billy is no joke.

    Due to their design, killers like pig or doc can not be as good as these 2 killers are. You can give similar abilities to killers like leatherface and wraith but that's it.

    Well they could. But it would require chases to as a rule be shorter but also more likely to end in a survivor escaping.

    I feel like tweaks to bloodlust and scratch marks could accomplish this. For example if survivors eventually stopped leaving scratch mark's at higher bloodlust tiers but then bloodlust was also gained faster then looping might be impractical but also unnecessary due to being able to simply block LoS and go somewhere unpredictable to lose the Killer. This would also make being injured a far bigger threat since tracking would be far more important.

  • @Shad03 said:

    Honestly as a person who plays a lot more killer then solo or swf, I... Don't mind MoM.

    I generally agree with everything you said (for once) except the things you mentioned to nerf.

    Be honest, how many people actually run the things you said? And if you say nearly all your games or the numbers are not important, you've successfully brought up the points that killer mains have been whining about for a while now. Maybe you may not get SWF Squadettes for a majority of your matches, but many others do.

    And as for deleting Legion, fine, sure they can do that.

    You just have to pay back everyone who spent shards or money on them =)

    Hope you have a sizable bank account.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/989/BCG7LLS79X3Z.png

    I'm broke. maybe we can reach some sort of agreement lol.

  • @artist Believe it or not I respect you (little as that may mean...) So please, do not say to remove anything that cost actual money/or time. Yeah, that thing survivors complain they lack when choosing to play a game.

    I don't wanna get too into that, I'm not here for an argument, please, have a good day.


  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402338#Comment_402338

    Isnt that the point in a 1v4 tho ?

    The killer should be stronger than the survivors in a 1v1 scenario.

    The things OP listed have downsides and/or counters,while an insta heal (for example ) has not.

    I might be the only survivor main that likes facing a mori ( not too many games in a row tho). Because you no longer have 9000 second chances,you need to be careful while playing;staying hidden from the killer wich,unfortunately, not a lot of survivors can do (all they know is looping).

    Plus,people are disconnecting when they get downed by a Wraith or a Freddy ffs.

    and people that dc when they are getting moried are the worst imo.

    But it is them the killers who wants to delete blendette. I love to hide but they don't want to. They want to be able to see you. It is what they want. Also it is again them who wants the rare offerings to be not seen by the survivors which mean you dont know there is a mori than how do you play more careful if you don't really know there is one? I mean I like the way you say things but that's not how things work sadly. I love to hide around but in the end if the killer is after someone you have to do gens cause the moment all the pallets are down you run out of time and people will die. Also I don't think people "know" looping in an effective way. I can loop too but I am not that great after 400h. Running around a good killer is the hardest thing in the game

  • @Shad03 said:

    @artist Believe it or not I respect you (little as that may mean...) So please, do not say to remove anything that cost actual money/or time. Yeah, that thing survivors complain they lack when choosing to play a game.

    I don't wanna get too into that, I'm not here for an argument, please, have a good day.

    yeah, me saying to remove something is a bit of an overreaction, sorry. I just cant think of a reasonable fix for legion that'll leave him as a good killer that is fun to go against. I'll edit the post to say fix legion instead of delete. with any one else, I probably wouldn't, but you're too much of a kind and thoughtful person for me to not respect your wishes.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402460#Comment_402460

    yeah, me saying to remove something is a bit of an overreaction, sorry. I just cant think of a reasonable fix for legion that'll leave him as a good killer that is fun to go against. I'll edit the post to say fix legion instead of delete. with any one else, I probably wouldn't, but you're too much of a kind and thoughtful person for me to not respect your wishes.

    Aw, thanks.

    We've come to terms, see you in the Fog.

  • Maybe they should just fix it first.

  • Spirits only addon that needs a nerf is her Prayer beads.

    Infinite EW3 is loopable,

    @tt_ivi_99 said:

    Sure, as soon as we also delete Insta-heals, we get a fix for genrush and end-game and we make all killers viable, a.k.a make them Billy tier

    @tt_ivi_99, you are the best. You said exactly what I was about to.

  • @artist honestly, when I clicked this thread i was expecting an extremely stupid post where you'd write it in an entitled way, but you worded it very wisely, and I respect that. I will learn to have higher expectations from you.

  • @Poweas said:

    Spirits only addon that needs a nerf is her Prayer beads.

    Infinite EW3 is loopable,

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402337#Comment_402337

    @tt_ivi_99, you are the best. You said exactly what I was about to.

    I watched a recent upload from ZutatLel playing prayer beats and basically said how disgusting this addon is. He's a killer main right? Was funny to watch, had a big laugh after a survivor DCed lol.

    However, before fixing those addons we have bigger problems to solve anyway.

  • @Delfador said:

    @NuclearBurrito Spirit is better than hillbilly.

    It is just that the majority of survivors are average and you can destroy them by playing hillbilly. When you face good survivors, hillbilly is quite weak, any billy main can easily confirm this.

    Spirit has low map pressure with no insta down but chases are no joke. She can still handle good survivors unlike billy.

    I don't take addons into consideration, insta saw billy is no joke.

    Due to their design, killers like pig or doc can not be as good as these 2 killers are. You can give similar abilities to killers like leatherface and wraith but that's it.

    @Delfador, I run a Billy build which is completely set on winning chases and it's one of the only Billy builds that can defeat good survivors without any addons.

    It consists of:

    Enduring

    Spirit Fury

    Bamboozle

    And BBQ and Chilli.

    You're guaranteed to have short chases unless you suck. Try it out, it's one of the least addon reliant Billy builds, I made up.

  • @Poweas said:

    @artist honestly, when I clicked this thread i was expecting an extremely stupid post where you'd write it in an entitled way, but you worded it very wisely, and I respect that. I will learn to have higher expectations from you.

    thank you, and thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts

  • MoM's a bish, so join the MoM army then

    image.png


  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402637#Comment_402637

    I watched a recent upload from ZutatLel playing prayer beats and basically said how disgusting this addon is. He's a killer main right? Was funny to watch, had a big laugh after a survivor DCed lol.

    However, before fixing those addons we have bigger problems to solve anyway.

    @DwightsLifeMatters Prayer beads is a bit like NOED for me, I can never ever touch it, it's disgustingly imbalanced . i have 6 right now and I could be using it, but hell no. It's far too overpowered for me to even look at.

    NOED isn't that OP, I know but I still won't use it.

  • @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402641#Comment_402641

    thank you, and thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts

    Have a nice day 😊

  • can we get a nerf to moris, iri heads, infinite evil within 3, spirit's purple addons, instasaw, omegablink, extra blink addons, and just delete legion entirely.

    Stop this madness.

    Buff killers to a viable level, to EVEN THINK about nerfing ANYTHING OF THEM.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402642#Comment_402642

    @DwightsLifeMatters Prayer beads is a bit like NOED for me, I can never ever touch it, it's disgustingly imbalanced . i have 6 right now and I could be using it, but hell no. It's far too overpowered for me to even look at.

    NOED isn't that OP, I know but I still won't use it.

    The only thing I would change is to make it an ultra rare as a hotfix to reduce its appearance in Bloodwebs till the devs figures out how to change it to something else. It's not gonna solve the issue, but reduces it and that's part of hotfixing stuff as a developer.

  • @mcNuggets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55748/before-we-nerf-mettle-of-man

    Stop this madness.

    Buff killers to a viable level, to EVEN THINK about nerfing ANYTHING OF THEM.

    might just be the way I see it but I think fixing addons/offering would be a lot faster than buffing every non-billy tier killer. I said something related to this earlier

    @artist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/402337#Comment_402337

    realistically, every killer will never be billy tier, at least not for a very long time. most of the things you mentioned would change the game altogether, and would need a lot of thought process/time/variables factored in. im definitely with you on instaheals though.


  • can we get a nerf to moris, iri heads, infinite evil within 3, spirit's purple addons, instasaw, omegablink, extra blink addons, and just delete legion entirely.

    iri heads are only for one game, moris are only for one game, tuft of hair is only for one game and cause more myers player to lose rather than win since it requires another addon to even be able to stalk effectively enough to get it off. spirit's purple only last for one game, extra blinks doesn't translate into anything if you can't control nurse properly, omega blink lasts for one game is just one blink which requires even more precision. Legion is getting a rework, but even now he's not doing anything that other killers can't accept vaulting like a survivor.

    Survivors have adrenaline, MoM, DS, Instaheals which in this discussion I'll give a pass is like killer addons it only works on game. Unbreakable, No Mither, Borrowed Time. The majority of your second chances are just perks that you have from start to finish. Killers don't have a great deal of things that really work like that. Also you need to remember we don't share addons between killers and killers lose something to gain power while survivors only gain chances with no drawbacks with the exception of no mither. Mori is the only shared thing in offerings and the only ones worth using are Ebony and Ivory which don't show up in bloodwebs a ton. NoED is riddled with problems, Devour Hope requires stacking five UNHOOKS to get mori status and 3 for exposed condition. We have Rancor which lets you kill your obsession at the end of the game.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55748/before-we-nerf-mettle-of-man

    iri heads are only for one game, moris are only for one game, tuft of hair is only for one game and cause more myers player to lose rather than win since it requires another addon to even be able to stalk effectively enough to get it off. spirit's purple only last for one game, extra blinks doesn't translate into anything if you can't control nurse properly, omega blink lasts for one game is just one blink which requires even more precision. Legion is getting a rework, but even now he's not doing anything that other killers can't accept vaulting like a survivor.

    Survivors have adrenaline, MoM, DS, Instaheals which in this discussion I'll give a pass is like killer addons it only works on game. Unbreakable, No Mither, Borrowed Time. The majority of your second chances are just perks that you have from start to finish. Killers don't have a great deal of things that really work like that. Also you need to remember we don't share addons between killers and killers lose something to gain power while survivors only gain chances with no drawbacks with the exception of no mither. Mori is the only shared thing in offerings and the only ones worth using are Ebony and Ivory which don't show up in bloodwebs a ton. NoED is riddled with problems, Devour Hope requires stacking five UNHOOKS to get mori status and 3 for exposed condition. We have Rancor which lets you kill your obsession at the end of the game.

    in my post I said not to bring up them being rare/costly because that means nothing towards balance in a game like dbd. even if it's for one game (which it's not, it's for how many games as you have those addons) that doesn't change the fact they're overpowered, and unfair to go against. I also completely missed the point of your response if you could tell me what it was. you just listed things that are in the game. I never mentioned anything about killer perks either, I'm fine with all of them in almost all situations and killers "losing" something to gain power doesn't apply to the addons i listed (except for iri head, (but u have infantry belt) and infinite t3) and I think the drawback to the survivor perks you mentioned is how situational they are, you can go through games down an entire perk. not saying they arent really strong though because they defenitely are

  • Killers and Survivors both have OP add ons, perks, blah blah blah, gen rush, 1 shot kill, 2nd chance perks, Insta heal, hitboxes, blah blah blah, it's just complaining, complaining is tiring.

  • can we get a nerf to moris, iri heads, infinite evil within 3, spirit's purple addons, instasaw, omegablink, extra blink addons, and just delete legion entirely.

    You forgot NOED, BBQ and ruin. All killers use those crutches

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55748/before-we-nerf-mettle-of-man

    You forgot NOED, BBQ and ruin. All killers use those crutches

    I think you're being sarcastic, but notice how I didnt mention any killer perks. the strength/annoyance that comes from perks are based on what killer is using what perk.

  • can we get a nerf to moris, iri heads, infinite evil within 3, spirit's purple addons, instasaw, omegablink, extra blink addons, and just delete legion entirely.

    Yes lets compare addons and offerings that are ultra-rare and one use vs a perk you have for the lifetime of the game that also stacks with other second chance perks of similar effects.

    That is a totally fair equivalency.

  • @GraviteaUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55748/before-we-nerf-mettle-of-man

    Yes lets compare addons and offerings that are ultra-rare and one use vs a perk you have for the lifetime of the game that also stacks with other second chance perks of similar effects.

    That is a totally fair equivalency.

    I'm not comparing them. I listed overpowered addons/offerings that should receive changing sooner because they're unfair, and have existed for too long. and like I said multiple times before, rarity/cost of something isn't good justification for something being op. it's a player vs players game, not a player(s) vs bots game where it's okay for things to be incredibly strong

  • can we get a nerf to moris, iri heads, infinite evil within 3, spirit's purple addons, instasaw, omegablink, extra blink addons, and just delete legion entirely.

    Not making a statement of MoM's power but just to point out that its not a fair comparison to pit a Perk that can be brought for free into every match vs a add-on that one must buy with BP and get from a bloodweb with RNG that are 1 time use each.

    I would say the same if you were comparing a survivor add-on/item vs a killer Perk too.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55748/before-we-nerf-mettle-of-man

    Not making a statement of MoM's power but just to point out that its not a fair comparison to pit a Perk that can be brought for free into every match vs a add-on that one must buy with BP and get from a bloodweb with RNG that are 1 time use each.

    I would say the same if you were comparing a survivor add-on/item vs a killer Perk too.

    ok a lot of people believe rarity/cost of something makes it balanced. I don't understand that mindset and never will.

‹ 1 2